PDA

View Full Version : Broken Character Request L7 Pathfinder Core +3.5

Marik900
2011-01-02, 01:42 AM
The title pretty much sums it up but I'm looking for the most broken character you guys can possibly come up with for level 7 using base classes from pathfinder core(if you you use a base class) and ANY 3.5 book. Starting wealth is standard from 3.5's DMG. Thanks in advance for the help.

Halae
2011-01-02, 01:44 AM
Take a look at the build linked in my Sig. it doesn't come into its full power until level 17 (which is 20 with the LA) but it's certainly already well along the way

Urpriest
2011-01-02, 02:23 AM
Pun-Pun meets your requirements, provided familiars work largely the same in Pathfinder. Sure you don't have any more specific needs?

Salbazier
2011-01-02, 03:18 AM
Probably he want something that at least close to being playable.

Soren Hero
2011-01-02, 03:52 AM
does becoming a beholder mage qualify? i think u can qualify at it with ur WBL at around lvl 3 or 4 with PAO cast by a spellcaster for around 1300 gp, or something like that

woodenbandman
2011-01-02, 05:41 AM
The easiest build to accomplish would be warlock/binder diplomancer, which would easily have +20 to diplomacy at that level, meaning that pretty much everyone wants to be his friend. Especially bloodthirsty orcs who don't even speak your language.

Rixx
2011-01-02, 06:20 AM
I can't think of a single reason why fulfilling this request is a good idea.

Soren Hero
2011-01-02, 11:18 AM
I can't think of a single reason why fulfilling this request is a good idea.

i imagine because someone asked, and its the nice thing to do? lolz

Foryn Gilnith
2011-01-02, 12:34 PM
Venerable Spellscale Commoner 7. Take the "Frail" flaw, the "Quick" trait, and dump Constitution. This character will be broken as soon as you take a standard action.
If you want more helpful advice make a more specific request, with terms that actually mean something instead of the unquantifiable "broken".

true_shinken
2011-01-02, 12:46 PM
Venerable Spellscale Commoner 7. Take the "Frail" flaw, the "Quick" trait, and dump Constitution. This character will be broken as soon as you take a standard action.

Awesome.
Also, broken characters are a bad idea. You don't want those.

Heliomance
2011-01-02, 01:08 PM
Pun-Pun. Pun-Pun is the most broken character it's possible to make at any level, and can be done by level 7. Thus, the only possible answer here is Pun-Pun.

Greenish
2011-01-02, 04:41 PM
Take a look at the build linked in my Sig. it doesn't come into its full power until level 17 (which is 20 with the LA) but it's certainly already well along the wayI notice Dominic doesn't actually need the barbarian level. You can get Pounce (with natural attacks) with Sphinx Claws bound to hands, and you get second chakra bind at totemist 6.

Halae
2011-01-02, 05:40 PM
I notice Dominic doesn't actually need the barbarian level. You can get Pounce (with natural attacks) with Sphinx Claws bound to hands, and you get second chakra bind at totemist 6.

te reason for that was actually for two reasons - 1) Barbarian Hit points at first level (max) are excellent for keeping you alive, at least in the early levels and 2) I believe soulmelds are counted as supernatural abilities, correct? I wanted him to be able to do all this in an antimagic field. perhaps not as effectively without his soulmelds, but still, it's there

Marik900
2011-01-03, 01:49 AM
Holy Jees I didn't expect to get so many responses so quickly. Thank you everyone. In response to the posts as I notice them, True_Shinken, The only reason I'mlooking for something really broken is I want something that I can play when I'm feeling silly and want to just laugh myself to death yet still be useful, thanks for the wake up ^^. Foryn Glinth, I hate to sound stupid but is there any chance you can expand, I have a good knowledge of the working mechanics but I'm not so savvy on all the classes or how to build them super well as I generally stick to the same type of character most of the time, a bad idea I know. Rixx, I guess the only real answer I can give is the same as True_Shinken's. Finally WoodenBandMan, any chance I could get some source on the classes or examples so I understand what's going on there, again as with Foryn I'm not exactly all knowing about classes outside my usual play, sorry. And I noticed someone asked for a more specific request, any chance I could get some Psionic stuff thrown around a little? I'm rather partial to it. Thanks again everyone has been a great help so far ^^

Gavinfoxx
2011-01-03, 01:55 AM
IM me. I can help answer your question, but it's best to do it over IM.... there is too much you need to know, and too much that I have to say, and I'm not going to just write a five page essay on the topic in the middle of this thread.

Greenish
2011-01-03, 11:51 AM
Foryn Glinth, I hate to sound stupid but is there any chance you can expand, I have a good knowledge of the working mechanics but I'm not so savvy on all the classes or how to build them super well as I generally stick to the same type of character most of the time, a bad idea I know.His suggested character is broken because it has 0 hp, and if it takes any action, it will bleed to death.

Maho-Tsukai
2011-01-03, 12:28 PM
While it's been mentioned a few times already, Pun-Pun is everything you want and more. Even the gods who in stats are absolute monsters are in many ways inferior to pun-pun. Pun-Pun is, simply put, the Chuck Norris of D&D 3.5e and as stated before can be created at any level, level 7 included.

Marik900
2011-01-03, 01:20 PM
I shall admit I am tempted by this venerable spellscale commoner..... lol.