PDA

View Full Version : [SWITP] Unaligned Territory

Zerkai
2011-01-02, 12:15 PM
OOC: This is the IC Thread for Star Wars in the Playground for any RPs taking place in Unaligned Territories. The OOC Thread is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181454)))

Beans
2011-01-03, 06:08 PM
[Attila's Cantina - Clinic]
Well, sir, I have no idea how you got this much shrapnel in your leg.
The Zeltron medborg blinks at the man whose leg is wrapped securely.
Would you like to keep it as a souvenir?
"... No thanks."
She shrugs.
Well, I suppose I'll have the staff get you to a room.

Rogue Nine
2011-01-04, 12:43 PM
[Attila's Cantina - Clinic]

A strange droid rolls in to the Clinic. At first he seems out of place, like he's scanning the room for targets to attack. But in a split second his posture changes, ever so subtly, and now he seems friendly, open. He rolls over to the Zeltron, who appears to be in charge.

"Well hello, beautiful. You're just the person I came here to meet. It's kismet. Fate. I thought to myself, Sigmund, you need to find a cute young doctor and BAM, here you are." His scrounger personality is in full form, just complimentary enough not to seem sycophantic. "Can you possibly deign to take time out of your busy schedule and tell me where I, too a humbler purveyor of the medical arts, could purchase some bacta patches, medikits, and" a holographic human head appears on top of the droid, looks around conspiratorially, then disappears, "some adrenal stims? You know, on the cheap?"

Beans
2011-01-04, 05:27 PM
[Clinic]
... I suppose.
She blinks and shrugs. Well, half-blinks---her left eye is cybernetic and does not blink, making her look disconcertingly like she's winking.
She'll charge about twice what the retail price would be, this being Hutt turf and all.

Ashen Lilies
2011-01-05, 09:59 AM
[The Scoundrel's Den... Also known as Attila's Hut, Clinic, Repair Shop and Cantina: Canon, but definitely not Cannon!]

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/AttilaMap-1.png

In the midst of one of Nar Shaddaa's seedier sectors (if indeed, such a thing a thing is possible) is this charming place. Owned by the not-so-notorious crime lord known as Attila the Hutt (who?), this place serves as neutral ground for all the criminality of Nar Shaddaa. Indeed, even the Exchange and the most powerful of Hutts recognize it as such, and many a time representatives from otherwise warring factions would make use of its space for clandestine meetings, and bounty hunters and smugglers would sit for a drink, without fear of blasters raised. To disrupt the sacred, smoky aired neutrality of this place would be to call the entire planet down on your head, and perhaps more. Nevertheless, an Aqualish bouncer stands sullenly by the door, ready to throw out troublemakers at the slightest provocation, and half-heartedly searching those coming in for weapons, though even that paltry security measure could be bypassed by a 5 credit bribe. Flitting among the tables, both out in the open and in private cubicles, a score of fresh faced alien girls, of a myriad of exotic species served orders prepared by the kitchen behind the bar. The food leaves a lot to be desired, true. This is no 5 star restaurant. But at least it's cheap, and more filling than scraps out in the streets. At the bar itself, a Quarren bartender, and often times the man Hutt himself, serving out foul tasting concoctions, the sole purpose of which seems to be to get the drinker more smashed than a Hoth asteriod in record times.
And at the end, on a small raised stage, a voluptuous Twi'lek singer in a sparkly dress seductively belts out bluesy lyrics to the sultry tunes of a down-on-their-luck band of Bith.
Besides the Cantina, the main attraction of the place is to provide a temporary haven for unfortunate criminals, pirates, smugglers, bounty hunters and the like. The clinic and repair docks are overpriced, perhaps, but their service is unparalleled (even if the resident doctor technically never finished med school) and the no questions asked policy and the neutral ground nature of the facility has proven a draw to many a poor drifter not wanting to risk the attentions of the Hutts, the Exchange, or worse. Similarly, though the conditions in the flophouse may be unhygienic and abysmal by any sane standard of living, it sure beats the streets, and at least it provides a living space free of thugs, beggars, muggers, burglars and the occasional video game PC looking for loot.
Welcome to the Scoundrel's Den, comrade. Feel free to relax a little and let loose here, but keep a hold of your blaster/underclothes nonetheless... the pazaak games are most definitely Nar Shaddaa rules.

Repair Docks

Empty
Empty
Empty
The Weit Jager

Private Docks

Empty
The Beltrunner

((OoC: The Bartender, Bouncer and Waitresses are godmoddable NPCs, for the purposes of providing service. Please don't make them act too out of character. Ideally, the waitresses can be flirted with, and may flirt back, to vary degrees (dependant on individual waitress's personality and hawtness of scoundrel) but are proffessional, and will never consent to anything further. Fights are BANNED inside the Cantina, and the bouncer will enforce this, with a bothan stunner if necessary, though the occasional fisticuffs are common enough that he's turned a blind eye to them.
The repair docks are also godmoddable, to an extent, and can be used at any time, but people should be mindful of whether they've all been occupied or not. All the mechanics (excepting Attila) are NPCs for the moment. PC mechanics looking for work welcome. The doctor is a PC, played by Beans, but there are one or two NPC medical droids as well.))

KnightDisciple
2011-01-05, 09:52 PM
[The Scoundrel's Den - Repair/Landing Pad 4] (OOC: The one closest to the Clinic)

From the sky above Attila's place of business descended a somewhat infamous vessel. The Weit Jager, personal vessel of bounty hunter Zanatos Rollan. An Arkanian who had been on "the scene" for something like a century.

Currently, the ship seemed to have several areas of light hull damage (mostly carbon scoring, really), and one particular "wound" near the sublight engines in the back. Nothing the techs on-staff couldn't handle.

The ship finished landing, and the Man himself, Zanatos Rollan, casually stepped off the still-lowering ramp. As soon as he was clear, the hatch on the ship closed and locked.

Currently, he wore a simple off-white shirt under a brown leather jacket, with matching brown pants and boots. The large "pocket" holster on his right leg did little to hide the Bryar pistol he had stored there, but the 10 credits apiece to the dock workers ensured there were no complaints. Promises of a bonus if the work was done quickly, efficiently, and correctly were made.

"If you screw it up, I'll give you half pay, tell your boss, and bust your kneecaps bare-handed. And not necessarily in that order."

With that, he marched down the connecting hallway until he reached the door to the clinic.

[The Scoundrel's Den - Clinic]

The lady Zeltron would likely hear the polite but firm knock on the door. The one that followed right after the chime sounded for someone requesting entry.

Beans
2011-01-05, 09:53 PM
[Clinic]
She keys on the door's pinhole viewcam to see who's outside.

KnightDisciple
2011-01-05, 09:55 PM

(OOC: *Description in Character registry and above post*)

She may or may not recognize that it's Zanatos Rollan, a bounty hunter who's rather famous and/or infamous, depending on who you ask.

Currently, he's standing patiently at the door, though he does occasionally glance one way or another down the hall. He also seems to be favoring his right side somewhat.

Beans
2011-01-05, 09:57 PM
[Den - Clinic]
She lets him in.

What seems to be the inconvenience, Mr. Rollan?
She keeps up-to-date.

KnightDisciple
2011-01-05, 10:08 PM
(OOC: I'm going to assume the droid is gone, and it's just Kaizo right now.)

Zanatos steps inside and waits for the door to close. He then wordlessly walks over to a nearby table, and promptly takes off his jacket (with visible pain), his shoes, pants (some pain), and shirt (notably visible pain).

When he's stripped to a pair of shorts he was clearly wearing specifically for this instance, it's clear he has a half-dozen small blaster wounds on his arms and legs, all small, grazing things. A good hand-sized patch of flesh on his right side, right along his ribs, is burnt and slightly oozing blood, even through his obviously self-applied bandage.

"I need fixed up. We'll talk price when you're done. A reasonable price."

His solid white eyes might as well have been ice from Hoth itself as he stood there, waiting. Kaizo might note he's clearly staying close to the pants, which have an obvious holster with an even more obvious Bryar Pistol in it.

Beans
2011-01-05, 10:13 PM
[Den - Clinic]
She adjusts her tool-apron and her cyber-eye whirrs.
Good thinking to bandage yourself beforehand.
I'll have to remove it, though... if you could lay on your side on that table, please, I'll get started.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-05, 10:30 PM
[The Scoundrel's Den]

A young and leafy green Hutt floats into the cantina on a repulsorlift sled. Although he'd never visited, the place had been recommended to him by several Hutts as a good place to get business done. Go elsewhere for good food. He breezily hands over the bribe to the bouncer to keep his blaster, then finds a spot to park his sled and get a table for it.

Once settled, he orders something to gulp endlessly down, then tells his server that if Attila happens to be in, at some point, that a Hutt named Gargul would be honored to speak with him. In the meantime, he swings the tip of his tail to the music and keeps his eyes open for opportunities.

KnightDisciple
2011-01-05, 10:31 PM

The hardened bounty hunter actually smirked.

"This situation is notably less pleasant than the last time I heard a Zeltron woman say that to me."

He shook his head and hefted himself up onto the indicated table, striving to make the medic's work as easy as possible.

Beans
2011-01-05, 10:34 PM
[Den - Clinic]
... Oh, you're referring to an encounter of a physically intimate nature. I see.
She starts projecting pheromones at him. Calming ones to help the anesthetic.

When she's done, he'll be well-bandaged where needed.

KnightDisciple
2011-01-05, 10:41 PM

Zanatos smirked a bit.

"Yes. It was not unpleasant, though such things aren't common for me. Perhaps it's the claws?"

He holds up one hand, prominently displaying only 4 fingers, all of which have short but sharp claws on them.

When she's done, he moves himself to a sitting position, giving Kaizo a steady look.

"Do you wish to settle price now?"

Beans
2011-01-05, 10:44 PM
[Den - Clinic]
She nods, suggesting a price that seems about right for the circumstances.

That is, about twice what you'd pay at a hospital.

KnightDisciple
2011-01-05, 11:13 PM

Zanatos seems to spend almost a minute considering the price...before he simply nods.

As soon as he's dressed, he pulls out enough credits to cover the medical work.

"The extra charge is worth the secrecy, of course."

He proceeds to walk out the door, the implications of the words sitting in the air.

[The Scoundrel's Den - Cantina]

Zanatos stops only to pay the bouncer 10 credits to ignore his pistol before he walks over to the bar and orders a drink. He then finds a nice booth away from any and all other beings, one positioned to allow him to watch the whole cantina without much craning of the neck. Sitting back a bit, Zanatos retrieves a datapad and begins perusing the Holonet mail account he uses specifically to take bounty requests.

'Only three bounties? This war is hurting business. Blasted Sith.'

He smiles at the waitress as she hands him his drink, which he takes a small sip of before setting it on the table. Half his focus is on the datapad, while the rest is on the room. One never knows who might step into a place like this...

Ashen Lilies
2011-01-07, 10:36 AM
[Scoundrel's Den - Cantina]

Attila enters from the back door, the one that leads to the flophouses, to the left (stage left, that is) of the stage, resplendent in his fancy vest, winestained red silk over thick canvas, tools displayed openly, Hutt-sized hold-out blaster displayed less openly. Unlike the smaller green Hutt, Attila eschews the use of a repulsorsled, preferring the mechanisms of his own... foot. In fact, despite being longer and taller than the newcomer, Attila seems quite lean for his size, leaner certainly, than Gargul, total body length taken into account, though this probably won't mean much for most visitors. A Hutt's a Hutt, after all, and all of them are disgustingly corpulent beings.
"Ah! I heard there was someone looking for me! Welcome, welcome! What business brings you to my doorstep!?" Says the Hutt boisterously, greeting the other Hutt - perhaps heretically - in Galactic Basic rather than the traditional Huttese.

Also in the tavern a more scoundrelly type, not that Attila the Hutt isn't scoundrel enough. A gorgeous Zeltron male, looking barely out of his teens, with shoulder-length blue hair tied back into a ponytail. The most distinctive part of his outfit would be the flight jacket, a leather thing with fur lining and trimming, and though in surprisingly good condition, from the looks of it it's likely older than anyone in the room... even Zanatos, or Attila himself. Certainly older than the boy wearing it - a family heirloom, perhaps, if not for the obviously Corellian design. Like most of the rocket blooded scroungers of the Smuggler's Moon, this one comes armed: a sleek looking looking blaster in the hip and - if one is skilled enough to spot it - a smaller hold-out blaster in the jacket. And that's ignoring the knives. Boot, belt, and there's surely some secreted elsewhere.

Rogue Nine
2011-01-07, 03:54 PM
Nar Shaddaa

After a short time, Sigmund emerges from his hidey-hole and heads to the busiest trade sector. He takes out his wares, the health kits he purchased earlier repackaged and rebranded, and begins to hawk:

Ladies and Gentlebeings! Tired of feeling blue? Or in some cases, red, green or purple? Do you suffer from Rheumatism, Lumbago, Acute, Chronic, Sciatic, Neurologic and Inflammatory Pain, Headaches, Neuralgia, Earache, Toothaches, Backaches, Swellings, Sprains, Sore Chest, Throat Swelling, Contracted Chords, Contracted Muscles, Anxiety, Ravaged Nerves, Stiff Joints, Wrenches, Dislocations, Cuts, Bruises, or Space Malaria? What you need is a genuine, bonafide cure, and that my friends is what I got! Dr. Sigmund's Medikits have the cure for whatever ails you.

He sells all but two, at half again more than what he paid for, before the locals realize the scam. He switches to the battle-droid, stuns a few of them, then throws about a hundred credits into the air and bolts. The crowd is too busy fighting for the free money to chase after him. When free from the commotion, Siggy stores the two remaining kits and the remaining credits in his compartment, then heads towards the Scoundrel's Den.

KnightDisciple
2011-01-08, 12:15 AM

Zanatos barely pays attention to Attila entering; only the fact that he's speaking with another Hutt is worth anything of note.

The Zeltron pup with the old jacket, though...Now there's an interesting character.

'What's a boy like him doing with a jacket like that?' he wondered to himself.

Abruptly, he tucked his datapad into his own jacket pockets and stood, carrying his half-full drink with him. He walked across the smoky bar and set himself down in front of the maybe-not-quite-a-teen.

"Boy like you walks in here armed like that, some might think he's looking for trouble. Or that trouble's looking for him. Tell me, kid. You a fellow hunter?"

Zanatos's hands are kept clearly and openly on the table, so as to minimize potential aggressiveness.

Cyborg Mage
2011-01-08, 03:36 AM
[Nar Shaddaa Spaceport]

A man clad in a black, hooded robe strides through the crowded streets. Many people on Nar Shaddaa would want to keep their identity hidden; nobody cares why, save mabye for the odd mercenary or bounty hunter. The crowds part before him; the man seems to eminate some sort of metaphysical energy, too powerful to ignore but to otherworldly to understand. A lone mugger weaves through the commuters, barely raising his knife to strike before he is met with the man's gaze. He sees nothing of his face beyond two burning yellow eyes, but it (Alongside an unseen hand gesture beneath his robe) is enough to send the criminal running, gibbering in terror. The robed figure continues walking.

He comes to an empty landing pad, waiting by the bridge connecting it to the spaceport, and looks up, a cloudy layer closing over his eyes for just a moment. He begins searching further, reaching into the depths of real and hyperspace with the Force. He is coming. He returns his head to its former position and waits, the "majestic" skyline of Nar Shaddaa stretched out before him.

Ashen Lilies
2011-01-08, 09:35 AM

Kal looks up at the grizzled bounty hunter fellow, putting down his drink. From the looks of it, it's not his first.
"It's Nar Shaddaa, honey. Not wearing a weapon is asking for trouble. Where've you been?"
He takes a sip.
"A... hunter? Animals or people?"

KnightDisciple
2011-01-08, 11:05 AM

Zanatos gives him a hard look.

"You're nowhere near close enough to my type to get away with calling me "honey". I'd suggest you drop it. As for the weaponry...Well, yes. But you're more blatant about it than me. That's either really stupid, or really confident. Maybe both."

He slugs back the rest of the Corellian Whisky in his glass, not even phased by it as he sets the glass down, then leans back with his arms crossed across his chest.

"Well, the ones I hunt, they tend to get called animals, and sometimes I wonder if they qualify for "people" anymore, but...Yes, people. Most typically for money. Not trying to start a fight. Just trying to get news if that's the case."

Rogue Nine
2011-01-08, 12:03 PM
[Nar Shaddaa Spaceport]

The Shrike exits hyperspace to an already beeping Comm message:

Welcome to Nar Shaddaa, Dakkar Skara'ad. You are cleared to land on level 4, docking pad 2a.

Dakkar masks his presence even deeper than normal out of reflex and lands the ship. This being Hutt Space, he sets his ship's detection and prevention systems on maximum. A laser turret pops out above the ramp and tracks anything that moves- it would only fire if someone were actively trying to enter without permission, but it scares away most people.

He feels the darkness of the Sith Lord standing alone on the bridge and approaches. As he does, he releases his force mask and lets a glimmer of energy pass through his internal wall, as if announcing his intent.

"I sense you are the one I am here to meet, not this Attila the Hutt. What is thy bidding?"

Cyborg Mage
2011-01-08, 12:26 PM
The man silently inspects the Miraluka in front of him, his eye-membranes sliding into place for a few moments. He then speaks, a grave, deep voice overlaid with a mysterious, indefinable power.
"Dakkar Skara'ad. I have heard much of you."
The man begins walking in the direction of the main city, motioning for Dakkar to follow.
"You would be correct in that assumption; however, Attilla is not entirely unimportant for now. I trust I do not need to explain the state of the war to you; Revan's army grows with each passing day, and the Republic holds out of sheer stubbornness. They will seek out any asset they can. Hutt Space is amongst the only meaningful self-governed sectors in the galaxy. The plan should fall into place from there."

Rogue Nine
2011-01-08, 02:22 PM
"Yes, I know of Revan, my... former master has kept me informed. I have not had much interaction with the War itself: my recent work has been of a more... personal bent. But I am tired of killing the rivals of a dead man." He cracks a smile, completely insincere and emotionless though it may be, "Well, what I said is not entirely true. I did stop and assist a Sith strike team on Jaguada before I came here. The Republic forces there were good. But we are better. I have no doubt that the Sith will win this war."

Cyborg Mage
2011-01-08, 03:02 PM
"Whatever your motivation, this is more than the petty rivalries of a dead man. The Hutts may be the last lifeline of the Republic; I am here to ensure they do not use it-and now, so are you."
He stops on another overhanging platform, this time overlooking the Scoundrel's Den.
"Attilla the Hutt. An outcast amongst his own family and species. He runs a repair station willing to turn a blind eye to practically everything. He runs a small smuggling ring on the side, but repairs are his main buisness-too legal for Hutt Tastes."
The Sith Lord begins inspecting the compound in detail, an air of cold efficiency and sadistic anticipation about him.

Rogue Nine
2011-01-08, 06:54 PM
"Whatever your motivation, this is more than the petty rivalries of a dead man.

Again the insincere smile, "So you knew Darth Toquere?" He pauses for a moment after the Sith Lord continues.

"I have heard rumors during my previous assignments about the Hutt Cartel and the Exchange. The power levels between those organizations seems to be shifting. Were the Hutts to focus their vast efforts on it, they could cripple the Exchange and take over. To have them serving the Sith would be a great boon were that to be the case. Either way, to foul the Republic's chances for support- it could be a death blow to their war effort if we succeed.

Ashen Lilies
2011-01-08, 10:53 PM

Zanatos gives him a hard look.

"You're nowhere near close enough to my type to get away with calling me "honey". I'd suggest you drop it. As for the weaponry...Well, yes. But you're more blatant about it than me. That's either really stupid, or really confident. Maybe both."

He slugs back the rest of the Corellian Whisky in his glass, not even phased by it as he sets the glass down, then leans back with his arms crossed across his chest.

"Well, the ones I hunt, they tend to get called animals, and sometimes I wonder if they qualify for "people" anymore, but...Yes, people. Most typically for money. Not trying to start a fight. Just trying to get news if that's the case."

Hmph. Cold-blooded schutta.
Aside from such unkind thoughts, Kal does not respond to the hard look, certainly not with another hard look in kind, merely taking another sip of whatever thing he's drinking.
"Well, to answer your original question, no, I'm not a hunter. I'm a pilot. I work for Attila."

TruorTupnm
2011-01-08, 11:22 PM

Seeing Attila move about under his own power, Gargul inspects the floor for the first time. Normally, he wouldn't consider moving about on a place like Nar Shaddaa without his hover sled. Is the floor kept fairly clean for Attila, or should Gargul be even more put off by Attila being content to move around on an unclean floor?

Anyways, he raises the skin where an eyebrow would be, wondering at Attila's choice to use Basic. Seems he doesn't want to talk business, then. At least not out here. With a bit of an offended, "Ahem!" he waves dismissively and spouts, "None at all, if it is inconvenient. For now, I just arrived on a shuttle from Nal Hutta, and the company of another up and coming young Hutt is as pleasant a step down from our glorious jewel as I can think of."

KnightDisciple
2011-01-08, 11:33 PM
Hmph. Cold-blooded schutta.
Aside from such unkind thoughts, Kal does not respond to the hard look, certainly not with another hard look in kind, merely taking another sip of whatever thing he's drinking.
"Well, to answer your original question, no, I'm not a hunter. I'm a pilot. I work for Attila."[Scoundrel's Den - Cantina]

Zanatos merely nodded.

"Fair enough. You heard any interesting rumors lately? I'm between jobs at the moment, and I like to make sure I keep one ear to the ground."

Cyborg Mage
2011-01-09, 03:02 PM
Again the insincere smile, "So you knew Darth Toquere?" He pauses for a moment after the Sith Lord continues.

Sarak speaks before he continues his exposition.
"Your master was not some mad hermit, Dakkar. I was one of his closest confidants; I often fought beside him before he took you as his apprentice.

"I have heard rumors during my previous assignments about the Hutt Cartel and the Exchange. The power levels between those organizations seems to be shifting. Were the Hutts to focus their vast efforts on it, they could cripple the Exchange and take over. To have them serving the Sith would be a great boon were that to be the case. Either way, to foul the Republic's chances for support- it could be a death blow to their war effort if we succeed.

A short, sadistic chuckle can be heard from under Sarak's hood.
"The Republic died a long time ago; all we are doing is reminding them of that. In any case, we should head somewhere more private before discussing plans-Hutts are used to decieving, not being decieved."
He begins walking in the direction of the city again, his steps eerily loud in the dark aura around him.

Rogue Nine
2011-01-09, 08:34 PM
The Mad Hermit comment gave Dakkar a pause. "I stand corrected." He follows in silence for a while. The pair pass through the throngs of dejected citizenry on Nar Shaddaa like twin snakes gliding through the water, until they are soon in a darker, seedier, and more importantly, emptier part of town. Dakkar scans the vicinity. Nothing nearby larger than a rat. There is one camera near their position, but he causes it to short out. "We are alone."

Cyborg Mage
2011-01-10, 12:24 PM
"Good. In this situation, unfortunately, conventional diplomacy is our only option. Hutts are immune to mind tricks, and besides the inherent difficulty of hurting-or killing-one, such an act could garner opposition from the cartels, as opposed to co-operation. One hopelessly outpowered, mindlessly resilient thorn is enough. Meeting, and discussing, every important Hutt in turn is a job we simply don't have time for. Instead, we convince Atilla to, at least, refuse support to the Republic, and he will convince those he can, and so forth. Our policy spreads like a disease."
Sarak hands Dakkar a small datapad containing a set of coordinates and security codes, and a small sphere of black metal inscribed with various geometric patterns.
"Hold on to the datapad. You will need it after this. As for the ball, some sort of Dark Side trinket- I haven't had time to study it; only recently aquired it off the black market. For the moment, consider it sustainence for the flight."
The man once again walks in the direction of Atilla's cantina, his dark presence fading, but still noticable by a trained Force-sensitive.

Rogue Nine
2011-01-11, 11:14 PM
Dakkar pockets the two items deftly, and follows Sarak.

Cyborg Mage
2011-01-13, 02:50 PM
The two enter the cantina, drawing the appropriate staring and muttering from those knowledgeable-and sober-enough. A turquoise-skinned Twi'lek waitress approaches them, adressing them with a voice full of half-honest enthusiasm.
"Welcome to the Scoundrel's Den, how may I-"
She is interrupted by a brief hand motion and a convicting, strangely powerful statement from Sarak.
"We have an appointment with Atilla the Hutt."
Her eyes almost visibly cloud over as she turns mechanically and begins leading the men in the direction of Atilla, her voice now a blank monotone with only a hint of its former warm tone.
"You- have an appointment with Atilla the Hutt."

KnightDisciple
2011-01-13, 10:30 PM

While waiting for the young pilot's careful reply, Zanatos was casually scanning the cantina and its patrons. Nothing unusual for a slightly paranoid bounty hunter.

When Dakkar and Sarak walked into the dimly-lit bar, for a fraction of a second, his scanning froze. Only iron control of his emotions and thoughts kept his mind from screaming "DANGER! DANGER!".

Now, Zanatos wasn't a Force-Sensitive. He wasn't positive these two were Sith or something. But dark hooded robes were a pretty specific fashion statement. The way that one fella was talking to the waitress was a hint.

But mostly, those two screamed PREDATOR to his century-plus of experience. And they were clearly on some sort of hunt.

Casually, he turned back to Kal, leaning forward a bit. When he spoke, his voice was barely above a whisper.

"Boy, I strongly suggest you make your way out of this bare casual-like. Those two over there are two bottles of condensed trouble you probably don't want to be around. Me, I'm leaving."

With that, he casually stood, striding confidently towards the exit that would take him back to his ship (which should be nearly finished by now).

He just hoped neither of the shady characters noticed him.

Mina Kobold
2011-01-17, 04:57 PM
[Atilla's place]

A Nella 342 Light Freighter lands in the ship-cave, also known as a hangar or other fancy names, and a small humanoid Bimm steps out, chuckling merrily he attemps finding his way to the Cantina.

He may not remember the way, hoefully a helpful compatriot will come to his help before he walks into some secret area or such.

Ashen Lilies
2011-01-19, 10:54 AM
((Wow does being without internets suck.))

Seeing Attila move about under his own power, Gargul inspects the floor for the first time. Normally, he wouldn't consider moving about on a place like Nar Shaddaa without his hover sled. Is the floor kept fairly clean for Attila, or should Gargul be even more put off by Attila being content to move around on an unclean floor?

Anyways, he raises the skin where an eyebrow would be, wondering at Attila's choice to use Basic. Seems he doesn't want to talk business, then. At least not out here. With a bit of an offended, "Ahem!" he waves dismissively and spouts, "None at all, if it is inconvenient. For now, I just arrived on a shuttle from Nal Hutta, and the company of another up and coming young Hutt is as pleasant a step down from our glorious jewel as I can think of."

The floors are reasonably clean, yes.
"Ah! Then I merely hope that you enjoy yourself here," says Attila, slightly puzzled by Gargul's description of him as 'another up and coming young Hutt' when of course what was almost the very opposite was true - an established Hutt of no great standing who has in fact been in somewhat of a decline in recent years.
"I'm sure any of my waitresses would be glad to-"

The two enter the cantina, drawing the appropriate staring and muttering from those knowledgeable-and sober-enough. A turquoise-skinned Twi'lek waitress approaches them, adressing them with a voice full of half-honest enthusiasm.
"Welcome to the Scoundrel's Den, how may I-"
She is interrupted by a brief hand motion and a convicting, strangely powerful statement from Sarak.
"We have an appointment with Atilla the Hutt."
Her eyes almost visibly cloud over as she turns mechanically and begins leading the men in the direction of Atilla, her voice now a blank monotone with only a hint of its former warm tone.
"You- have an appointment with Atilla the Hutt."

"-eh?"
Says Attila, turning to the two approaching Sith. Not that he knows for sure that they're Sith, but like Zanatos, he's savvy enoughto make an educated guess.
"Can I help you two?"

Zanatos merely nodded.

"Fair enough. You heard any interesting rumors lately? I'm between jobs at the moment, and I like to make sure I keep one ear to the ground."

"Not particularly, no."
Says the spacer, shaking his head in the negative.

While waiting for the young pilot's careful reply, Zanatos was casually scanning the cantina and its patrons. Nothing unusual for a slightly paranoid bounty hunter.

When Dakkar and Sarak walked into the dimly-lit bar, for a fraction of a second, his scanning froze. Only iron control of his emotions and thoughts kept his mind from screaming "DANGER! DANGER!".

Now, Zanatos wasn't a Force-Sensitive. He wasn't positive these two were Sith or something. But dark hooded robes were a pretty specific fashion statement. The way that one fella was talking to the waitress was a hint.

But mostly, those two screamed PREDATOR to his century-plus of experience. And they were clearly on some sort of hunt.

Casually, he turned back to Kal, leaning forward a bit. When he spoke, his voice was barely above a whisper.

"Boy, I strongly suggest you make your way out of this bare casual-like. Those two over there are two bottles of condensed trouble you probably don't want to be around. Me, I'm leaving."

With that, he casually stood, striding confidently towards the exit that would take him back to his ship (which should be nearly finished by now).

He just hoped neither of the shady characters noticed him.

"I know how to deal with trouble." Says the young smuggler as the bounty hunter leaves, perhaps a mite petulantly. He doesn't seem to appreciate being called 'boy'.
"Besides, I'm not the one who goes around looking for fights..."

Cyborg Mage
2011-01-19, 12:47 PM
"-eh?"
Says Attila, turning to the two approaching Sith. Not that he knows for sure that they're Sith, but like Zanatos, he's savvy enoughto make an educated guess.
"Can I help you two?"

"Bo shuda, Attila Besadii Borjigin. My accomplice and I speak on behalf of the Sith Empire. Tell me, how are your relations with the Republic?"

Ashen Lilies
2011-01-19, 04:11 PM
[Scoundrel's Den]

Attila frowns, both at the use of his full name, and at the question.
"I have no relations with the Republic, nor with the Sith. Such things are not beneficial to my neutrality."

KnightDisciple
2011-01-22, 10:19 AM

Zanatos's pace quickens slightly as the two meet with Attila. His ship should be done soon, anyways.

Once he's out the door on the walkway headed to the ship, he hits the comm.

"Aleena, status."

"We're actually just now fully repaired and refueled. We've transferred our payment over, but what's-"

"Tatiana, get the ship ready. Now."

He cut the signal and increased his pace.

Sith. Here. Damnation. What could he do, but leave? Against one, perhaps he could have done something. But two, when he was injured and unarmored? No way.

Thus, Zanatos was boarding his ship in short order, beginning the takeout sequence that would get him away from this cantina, and this whole bloody system, soon enough.