PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to suel arcanamach

Hazzardevil
2011-01-02, 03:03 PM
In a gestalt game I'm going to be playin gin soon I am making a mounted combatant that I have taken a few suel and swiftblade levels in.
Is there a better alternative to it?
The only requirement is it has to have haste on the spell list.

T.G. Oskar
2011-01-02, 03:25 PM
In a gestalt game I'm going to be playin gin soon I am making a mounted combatant that I have taken a few suel and swiftblade levels in.
Is there a better alternative to it?
The only requirement is it has to have haste on the spell list.

Vigilante from Complete Adventurer has 4th level spells, and it also has Haste. However, compared to Suel Arcanamach, it's really lacking. It also requires many skill ranks and a pointless feat (Alertness). What it grants doesn't work with mounted combatants, but it grants up to 4th level bard spells (nearly all of them, no healing spells though which would have made it nice, but lots of illusion spells which might work somewhat).

Your best bet might be to remain with Arcanamach, unless you find a way to add Haste to the spell list of one class, in which case you might get Knight of the Weave (Champions of Valor, though do note it's a Forgotten Realms supplement) for a less varied amount of spells, but the ability to get healing spells as arcane spells (if you're interested on those).