PDA

View Full Version : Soulmeld Sources

G3N3R3L GHOST
2011-01-04, 12:01 PM
What are they? I have Magic of Incarnum and Dragon Magazine 350 which has a few in it. I was wondering if there were any more sources for soulmelds out there. I would prefer something published by WotC but if anyone has any third party or home brewed sources then that works for me too. If you could just throw down your sources as well as any two cents you have for soulmeld selection for a level 2 totemist that would be awesome.

Thanks in advance,

Ghost

Person_Man
2011-01-04, 12:08 PM
Dragon Magic has several important soulmelds as well. There's also the Soul Manifester and a few psionic soulmelds online (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20060217a). And that's pretty much it.

Greenish
2011-01-04, 12:09 PM
Dragon Magic. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060912a&page=4)

ToySoldierCPlus
2011-01-04, 12:13 PM
As for soulmelds for a level 2 Totemist, I like Sphinx Claws (better base damage than Girallon Arms, and both claws are primaries, so you're more likely to hit than with the secondaries on GA), Wormtail Belt (bonus AC is never a bad thing, especially at level 2), and Blink Shirt (infinite standard action short-range teleports? Yes, please!). Bind Sphinx Claws to your Totem Chakra for the claw attacks, obviously, and move your essentia between Blink Shirt out of combat and Wormtail Belt in combat, unless you need the bonus to hit an opponent, in which case throw something into Sphinx Claws.

Glimbur
2011-01-04, 01:00 PM
Threefold Mask is kind of nice at low levels because you can full attack with all three heads all as primary attacks. Sadly it does not get +essentia to hit or damage so it is less good later on, but it also makes you immune to flanking which is cute. ToySoldier's other soulmeld suggestions are good, and what I would suggest.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2011-01-04, 02:07 PM
Awesome on the new source guys. Somehow I totally missed all of those in my own searches. I am also thinking of having my primary (totem) soulmeld be the Kruthriik Claws to add to my hide/movesilently and to get the acid claws. Blink shirt I know it amazing. The totemist handbook says the Basilisk mask is the best thing known to man as well as the frost helmet...but to be honest I don't see how? Can anyone shed some light on that subject as well?

Greenish
2011-01-04, 02:12 PM
Awesome on the new source guys. Somehow I totally missed all of those in my own searches. I am also thinking of having my primary (totem) soulmeld be the Kruthriik Claws to add to my hide/movesilently and to get the acid claws.Rageclaws are pretty handy at lower levels.

The totemist handbook says the Basilisk mask is the best thing known to man as well as the frost helmet...but to be honest I don't see how? Can anyone shed some light on that subject as well?The idea with the basilisk mask, I gather, is to stone an enemy, then have an ally smash it while it's stone.

Frost Helm can remove multiple opponents from a fight for several rounds.

Person_Man
2011-01-04, 02:34 PM
Awesome on the new source guys. Somehow I totally missed all of those in my own searches. I am also thinking of having my primary (totem) soulmeld be the Kruthriik Claws to add to my hide/movesilently and to get the acid claws. Blink shirt I know it amazing. The totemist handbook says the Basilisk mask is the best thing known to man as well as the frost helmet...but to be honest I don't see how? Can anyone shed some light on that subject as well?

Basalisk Mask bound to the Totem Chakra forces 1 enemy to make a Fort Save or be turned to stone for one round (full round action to use). (It also provides low light vision and darkvision, which are very handy at low levels). If you have any friend or companion with half decent damage, that enemy can be Sundered pretty easily. And Totemist soulmelds have a DC of 10 + essentia invested + Constitution mod, and thus tend to be quite high. Thus it's a very effective at-will Save or Die. The caveat is that it's useless against enemies who are immune to Fort Saves.

Winter Mask unbound is a melee touch attack, Save or Fatigue effect. When combined with another Fatigue effect (like the Brass Mane soulmeld, or a variety of spells and feats), your enemy becomes Exhausted. So it's a somewhat helpful Save or Suck. When bound to your Throat chakra (Totemist 14) you can also use it as an 15 ft cone of Cold that deals 2d6 + (2d6*essentia), Reflex for half, with no cool down time. (Most other soulmelds, and breath weapons in general, have a 1d4 round cool down). A nice DM will also allow it to qualify as a breath weapon, which means you can take feats such as Entangling Breath to improve it. That's a fairly high damage for an at will area of effect damage, and again, the Save DC tends to be pretty high.

Another important trick for an Incarnate or the Totemist is the Share Soulmeld feat. It allows your Familiar or Animal Companion to share all of your soulmelds. (Nice DMs will also allow the Soulspark Familiar soulmeld to qualify). This essentially doubles your damage output for Winter Mask (or forces 2 Saves per turn, for Basalisk Mask).

Another important low level Totemist soulmeld is Rageclaws, which provides an essentia improvable Die Hard when unbound. Hugely useful when you only have 10-20 hit points. (It also makes the Die Hard feat entirely pointless. The Shape Soulmeld feat has no pre-req, whereas Die Hard requires the useless Endurance).

Melayl
2011-01-04, 06:17 PM
I know there was at least 1 thread on our Homebrew forums regarding new soulmelds.

G3N3R3L GHOST
2011-01-04, 07:18 PM
I feel like with the rage claws mixed with the girallon arms you could make a pretty serious grappling build. Maybe mixed with Bear totem barbarian or something for improved grab. Too bad I have already made it 2 swordsage/2 totemist and wanted to go with the sneaky method haha

Glimbur
2011-01-05, 12:21 AM
I know there was at least 1 thread on our Homebrew forums regarding new soulmelds.

I've done one for totemists (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6321801).