PDA

View Full Version : Draw Your Friends! - The Game

Fin
2011-01-04, 01:52 PM
Ok, so a while ago I started a thread similar to this one that proved fairly popular so I thought why not try it out again? I have changed the format slightly but I think this way is more fun. The premise is as follows:

I need a group of volunteers, 10 - 12 should do. Each volunteer will be given the name of one of the other participants via PM (keep it secret). What you need to do is draw an avatar for the person that has been selected for you. This can be done in a number of ways. You could completely invent a new avatar that you think is more fitting to the person in question, you could simply re-draw the original avatar in your own style or else re-invent the old avatar in a new pose or new outfit etc...

Once this is completed send them to me and I will reveal them in thread, the aim of the game is to be able to identify who the avatar is meant to be and who it was that drew it.

I have no idea how this could be scored but I still think it will be fun.

So volunteers in thread please.

Volunteers:
Akrim.Elf
Dr Epic
Herpestidae
Nevitan
Szilard
Traker
Teutonic Knight
araveugnitsuga
smuchmuch
Domochevsky
Bradakhan
Felyndiira

@V: Yes, this competition is definitely running provided we get enough volunteers. So tell your friends.

One final additional note, I will make some trophies for a variety of awards and I will not be the only judge... All the contestants will have a say as well!! :smallsmile:

Akrim.elf
2011-01-04, 02:59 PM
Here!
Looking interesing...
if it is running, so I will attend ...

Dr.Epic
2011-01-04, 03:38 PM
Okay, I'm interested.

Herpestidae
2011-01-04, 03:41 PM
*Makes Interest Known*

Nevitan
2011-01-04, 03:51 PM
I'd like to give this a try.

Szilard
2011-01-04, 08:31 PM
Reminds me of the secret santas or whatever where we made each other avatars. Count me in. :smalltongue:

Traker
2011-01-04, 08:41 PM
I'll try it.

Teutonic Knight
2011-01-04, 11:44 PM
You have my mouse. And my Inkscape. :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2011-01-04, 11:59 PM
You have my mouse. And my Inkscape. :smallbiggrin:

And my axe. (sorry, watched Fellowship today)

Teutonic Knight
2011-01-05, 12:12 AM
Good, someone got it.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-05, 12:27 AM
Good, someone got it.

Got the reference? It's a pretty well know quote. It's not like "Don't judge a book by it's cover. You'll be needing some weapons."

Teutonic Knight
2011-01-05, 12:37 AM
Don't really know what I was thinking earlier actually, about whether someone would get it or not. I guess at the time I thought the phrasing was too vague but not anymore.

Anyway, this keeps the thread up until we wait for more people.

Where is that other quote from, by the way?

smuchmuch
2011-01-05, 12:48 AM
This look like it could be fun but is there any time limit on how long you have to do something ?
I tend to take ages to produce anything.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-05, 01:29 AM
Where is that other quote from, by the way?

Ninja Untouchables (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVhH_S_F2Y8) starting the very talented Pierre Kirby. What? Not familiar with Pierre Kirby? You need to watch more of the Cinema Snob then.

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-05, 03:42 AM
I would like to participate too, count me in.

Ninja Untouchables (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVhH_S_F2Y8) starting the very talented Pierre Kirby. What? Not familiar with Pierre Kirby? You need to watch more of the Cinema Snob then.

Dr. Epic, that was epic.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-05, 10:36 AM
Dr. Epic, that was epic.

Don't thank me. Thank Pierre Kirby.

Fin
2011-01-05, 01:31 PM
This look like it could be fun but is there any time limit on how long you have to do something ?
I tend to take ages to produce anything.

I was thinking of giving everyone a week to complete their avatars but I am open to suggestions. Shall I count you in Smuchmuch?

smuchmuch
2011-01-05, 01:47 PM
I'm going to say yes, i'm interested, but aopologise in advance if my production turn out to be shaky.

Fin
2011-01-05, 01:52 PM
I'm going to say yes, i'm interested, but aopologise in advance if my production turn out to be shaky.

Hey don't worry about that, it is all part of the fun. Need about three more victims :smalleek: I mean... er, volunteers but as little as one more will do :smallwink:

Domochevsky
2011-01-05, 03:50 PM
Huh, y'know this sounds actually pretty interesting... and a good way to get over artists block of sorts. I'm in.

Bradakhan
2011-01-05, 04:03 PM
Sounds interesting, so count me in.

Fin
2011-01-05, 05:51 PM
Ok so that is 11 so far. This game needs an even number so recruitment will close immediately after the next person throws their pen into the ring. As soon as I have seen that happen I will send out the names of those you will draw. A couple of things to remember:

1. Keep the name of who you are drawing secret, I can't enforce this for obvious reasons but telling will ruin the fun.

2. Feel free to include a short message as to why you drew the new avatar the way that you did, I will include this in the reveal thread and may help people identify the artist. This is entirely optional.

3. PM me your submissions. DO NOT post your submissions in the thread yourself. I will reveal them all myself so as to help maintain the mystery :smallwink:

Dr.Epic
2011-01-05, 07:00 PM
I hope 12th person comes along soon. I want to get started.

Felyndiira
2011-01-05, 07:10 PM
It's been a long time since I've touched OotS style, so consider me interested =3.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-05, 07:11 PM
It's been a long time since I've touched OotS style, so consider me interested =3.

Yay! We has the 12!

Traker
2011-01-05, 07:52 PM
Yay 12! this should be fun!

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-05, 09:04 PM
I wonder when will Fin realise the prescence of the 12th Destined Child Avatarist/Volunteer/Victim.

I would also like to recommend to Fin that he should host the images as it would be really easy guessing who's who's by clicking open image in new tab an reading the Url.

Nevitan
2011-01-05, 09:56 PM
I wonder when will Fin realise the prescence of the 12th Destined Child Avatarist/Volunteer/Victim.

Presumably the next time he's online.

I would also like to recommend to Fin that he should host the images as it would be really easy guessing who's who's by clicking open image in new tab an reading the Url.

Good Idea.

Elder Tsofu
2011-01-06, 02:06 AM
Thirteen around the table, I wonder who will betray Fin? :smalltongue:

Fin
2011-01-06, 02:12 PM

To point number one - Round about now :smalltongue:

To point number two - Duly noted, thanks for the tip!

Elder Tsofu if your post was a request to participate I am afraid that we are full this round but I can make sure your in the next one if this one is popular enough to run it again.

Right, PMs are heading out now. You all have until the 14th of January to submit your avatars!!

EDIT: PMs have now all been sent out. If you do not have one please PM and will rectify the situation.

Have fun everyone and don't forget to be creative!!

Elder Tsofu
2011-01-06, 05:43 PM
Nah it wasn't. Just noted that it was the 12 participants and you in the game.
Good luck with the avataring! :smallsmile:

Szilard
2011-01-06, 07:12 PM
You all have until the 14th of January to submit your avatars!!
Good thing I read this. I had thought I had until February 1st. Silly me.

smuchmuch
2011-01-13, 03:43 AM
Changing avatar, here is the old one for reference:

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/dragon-chinois.gif

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-13, 02:04 PM
Changing avatar, here is the old one for reference:

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/fakegrimranger.png

Your new avatar seems familiar.

super dark33
2011-01-13, 02:40 PM
thats because he's not a shapeshifting imposter :smallwink:

Fin
2011-01-13, 04:42 PM
24 hours to deadline people! You have been warned :smallwink:

licoot
2011-01-13, 06:08 PM
Aw I missed it, oh well I'll try and do the next one:smallbiggrin:

Teutonic Knight
2011-01-13, 11:17 PM
Someone won't be getting an avatar, but we still won't know who licoot was drawing for, so the game goes on. I suspect it will be harder to guess who did who now.

Nevitan
2011-01-13, 11:20 PM
Someone won't be getting an avatar, but we still won't know who licoot was drawing for, so the game goes on. I suspect it will be harder to guess who did who now.

I'm pretty sure licoot wasn't part of the contest. I think he meant he missed the entry.

smuchmuch
2011-01-13, 11:40 PM
I believe, just for recapping, that the 12 people for this round are:

Akrim.elf
Dr.Epic
Herpestidae
Nevitan
Szilard
Traker
Teutonic Knigh
smuchm Grim ranger
araveugnitsuga
Domochevsky
Bradakhan
Felyndiira.

Domochevsky
2011-01-14, 10:47 AM
Yeah, licoot wasn't part of this particular round.

Talking about rounds... i'm wondering, would it make sense to end the whole thing early if all participants have made their entries? No point in waiting another 5 days or so if everything's ready. (Maybe even make a note next to their name in the list, like a simple "done".)

xelliea
2011-01-14, 05:27 PM
Count me in if there is enough spaces. :smallsmile:

super dark33
2011-01-14, 06:03 PM
no more places xeliea, sorry :smallfrown:

Dr.Epic
2011-01-14, 08:15 PM
Just wondering if everyone has turned theirs in yet. I kind of want to see the one done for me.

Herpestidae
2011-01-15, 01:28 AM
Just wondering if everyone has turned theirs in yet. I kind of want to see the one done for me.

I concur with this sentiment.

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-15, 02:00 AM
I concur with this sentiment.

I second this seconding of Dr. Epic's motion.
Also, the deadline has long gone by so, what follows?
How is the second phase going to go?

Teutonic Knight
2011-01-15, 02:59 AM
I thought we had until the fourteenth, so everyone should have their's done.

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-15, 03:00 AM
I thought we had until the fourteenth, so everyone should have their's done.

I guess Fin missed the deadline.

Fin
2011-01-15, 07:46 AM
Ok everyones entries are in. I apologise I never updated yesterday but a real life incident pulled me away from The Playground.

So I will just set about creating a reveal post, so hold on to your hats all will be revealed soon.

Fin
2011-01-15, 08:44 AM
*Disclaimer: I have re-hosted all the images but stupidly never re-named them so in the interest of good sport please don't use the image name in order to identify who it is meant to be.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Fiends and Demons, Humanoids of all shapes and sizes welcome to DRAW YOUR FRIENDS!!!

Ok, rules time: I will show all the images in this post I will then give you 48 hours (can be extended if needed) to post who you think each image is and who drew them. After the deadline I will count up all the right answers and will announce the winner.

Please post a guess for the image that you drew, feel free to be deliberately wrong on this one to try and throw off other people. I will not be awarding points to people correctly guessing on the image that they drew.

Please format your answer in the following manner:

Image 1 - The Giant - Artist: Fin
Image 2 - Belkar Bitterleaf - Artist: Rich Burlew
So on and so forth until all images you want to guess on are listed.

You do not have to guess on every image.

So without further delay here are the images, in no particular order.

Image 1:
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6361/smuchmuch.png
Image 2:
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/82/nevitan.png
Image 3:
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2152/herpestidae2.png
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7927/herpestidae1.png
Image 4:
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2440/szilard.png
Image 5:
http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/6818/akrimelf.png
Image 6:
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7564/bradakhansmall.png
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3448/bradakhanlarge.png
Image 7:
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/7712/augustl.png
Image 8:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1196/domochevskysmall.png
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3566/domochevskylarge.png
Image 9:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6807/felyndiira.jpg
Image 10:
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8716/teutonicknight.png
Image 11:
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5256/drepic.png
Image 12:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1558/traker.png
I have used all the images that were sent to me by the artists, so if I have missed any PM me to let me know!

Ok so there they are, quite a variety of angles people have approached this from so I must say that I am very happy with the results!

So let's here you guesses!

Also if anyone thinks 48 hours is too short a time frame let me know, I'll extend it no problems.

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-15, 09:02 AM
Wouldn't it be better to PM the guesses also? As not only will it prevent you from guiding yourself through previous posts, but eliminates the problems that come with getting your own guess wrong as it means that you also would have to have another one wrong and that would make your easily recognizable.

smuchmuch
2011-01-15, 09:12 AM
There's also something else you may want to check (see PM.)

Herpestidae
2011-01-15, 12:13 PM
I'm not in the mood for guessing. I know which one is mine, and I know which one I did.

Szilard
2011-01-15, 12:50 PM
A lot of these I could tell who they were for, but not who they were by.:smalltongue:

I'll have to get back to this later. Stupid homework. >.>

Nevitan
2011-01-15, 01:16 PM
I Pmed my guesses in.

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-15, 01:22 PM
I Pmed my guesses in.

I have done so aswell

Domochevsky
2011-01-15, 07:09 PM
Eh... i can probably guess who most of these were for (what with some being more obvious than others), but i'd have no idea by whom they were made, due to being kinda unfamiliar with most people's style. I also think at least two people changed avatars since the beginning of this. :smallsmile:

(Btw, is it intended that "picture 3" contains two different pictures?)

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-15, 07:24 PM
Eh... i can probably guess who most of these were for (what with some being more obvious than others), but i'd have no idea by whom they were made, due to being kinda unfamiliar with most people's style. I also think at least two people changed avatars since the beginning of this. :smallsmile:

I guess picture 3 is intended like that, some art styles are instantly recognizable if you stalk follow a certain artist and see what he posts on other places like those with online webcomics, devianart or posting art on requests for non-OoTS art threads.

Herpestidae
2011-01-15, 07:43 PM
It's obvious that Image 3 is mine, especially since "Herpestidae" is the scientific name for the Mongoose family.

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-15, 07:46 PM
It's obvious that Image 3 is mine, especially since "Herpestidae" is the scientific name for the Mongoose family.
Don't feel bad, almost all of them are pretty obvious, and the ones that aren't can be easily deduced, the challenge is finding the artist. Some are findable because of the image size itself.

Domochevsky
2011-01-15, 08:44 PM

O-obviously.

<_<

>_>

:smallfrown:

smuchmuch
2011-01-15, 10:45 PM

Well, it's just a theory, but would you accept that the artist who made those, finished his first avatar much quicker than he thought and, hypoticaly, since he had somme spare time and there's only so much details and finition you can cram in a 120*120 pixels box (and he , apparently, believed we were limited to avatar size for somme reason), decided to draw another to make up for the poor quality by quantity ?

Pure speculation of course.

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-15, 10:49 PM
Well, it's just a theory, but would you accept that the artist who made those finished his avatar quicker than he thought and, hypoticaly, since he had somme spare time and there's only so much details and finition you can cram in a 120*120 pixels box (and he believed we were limited to avatar size for somme reason), decided to draw another to make up for the poor quality by quantity ?

And of course that person wouldn't post a complex post made of a hypothetical scenario where he assumes a third person narrative over what he has done, somewhat detracting from the game at hand, pure speculation of course.

Domochevsky
2011-01-15, 11:39 PM

Naturally.

Meanwhile, something i noticed... it is not so much the "yo, guess who made this" part that interests me... it is the "yo, draw someone else's avatar and have yours drawn by someone else" part that pulled me in. I think focusing more on that aspect could be beneficial. Thoughts? :smallsmile:

Szilard
2011-01-15, 11:51 PM
I think it might have been The Q (or some other people) that hosted an Avatar Secret Santa (and a Secret Easter and the such) and we just made avatars for each other, and Q (or whoever, I'm gonna be embarrassed if it was Fin) would then post them all and we'd all say how awesome the avatars were and use them for a few days or weeks.

Teutonic Knight
2011-01-15, 11:55 PM
Done with my guesses and already I can't wait for the next round.

smuchmuch
2011-01-15, 11:59 PM
And of course that person wouldn't post a complex post made of a hypothetical scenario where he assumes a third person narrative over what he has done, somewhat detracting from the game at hand, pure speculation of course.

Well it's not like said person hadn't a style that is kind of really easily recognizable at any rate.
And he'd just find writting in overly complicated third person conditional pretty funny. (he'd be an easily amused person, so sue him.)

Anyway enough of this faux speculative sillyness.

i'd be interested in participating in the next round. I don't really care about the guessing game but the' drawing another poster chosen at randmom' part is fun.

we'd all say how awesome the avatars were and use them for a few days or weeks.

Speaking of wich I do find image 1 awesomme.

Domochevsky: (I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's his. whoevr that may be, just answer me by PM if you ddon't want to reveal yourself.)
1)You have my undying devotion
2) Mind if I use it as my next avatar ?

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-16, 12:07 AM
Interested in participating in the next round. I dodn't really care about the guessing game but the drawing another poster chosen at randmom part is fun.
I agree, I would love to keep doing this, its quite the experience.

Speaking of wich I do find image 1 awesomme.

Domochevsky:

Can we use the avatars drawn for us, like, immediately.
[I'm awfully sorry as I'm not 100% sure of who draw my avatar, and would prefer to wait for the reveal than to make a blunder, though I already have sent my guess, so sorry to the artist, I really need to stalk more artists, I love it though, absolutely love it and want to use it immediately as a matter of fact.]

Nevitan
2011-01-16, 12:34 AM
I also support taking out the guessing aspect, it's just fun to make in give avatars to randomly selected people.

smuchmuch
2011-01-16, 01:27 AM
Meanwhile, something i noticed... it is not so much the "yo, guess who made this" part that interests me... it is the "yo, draw someone else's avatar and have yours drawn by someone else" part that pulled me in. I think focusing more on that aspect could be beneficial. Thoughts?

Actualy on reflection, the guessing game isn't such a bad idea, but rather than doing it in private for points, I'd say it'd be interesting to do it in the open. People could learn a little about their drawing and style and such and how the other percieve them and maybe explain why they draw like they do and what was their inspiration and exchange tips and stuff.

I'm going to leave my guesses in the open with somme comentaries as to why I guess who did what.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image 1
Domochevsky-smuchmuch

I follow Anteheroes and Gengame so I'm familair with Domochevsky's style. besides it really stands out like a sore thumb.

Image 2
Akrim.Elf-Nevitan

The head are than OOTs style and I like how it's situated on a nneck (orat leas the place for a neck) rather than looking like it's stuck in the shoulders.
Legs alway a look a little stiff though, (Is that on purpose that you use straight broken lines rather than smoother curves ?)

Image 3
smuchmuch-Herpestidae

Well duh. (Unless I'm bluffing of course... You never know >_< )

Anyway, I explained why the two images.
The first one, the angel one, I hited a blok faster than I though I would and since it felt kinda felt unispired, i though i'd make another.
I searched Herpestidae on the internet and found somme image of Suricartes and I knew I had to draw one. I mean just look at these little fellas. (http://www.dinosoria.com/mammifere/suricate_ld01.jpg)

Image 4
?-Slizard

Classic OOTs style. I like the background though and the noir/mafia theme (wich is what let me also guess it's Slizard taht is drawn ,what with the mafia doctor thing.)
I'm Not to sure who did it. Most likely candidate are Nevitan or teutonic knighta sthey both do classic OOTs as far as I know.

Image 5
?-Akrim.Elf

I really don't know who did this one. Look like it was done in Paint and to be brutaly honnest really doesn't look too good. (kinda hard to see to be honnest)
I'd recomend geting Inkscape if you can, it's really a usefull program, or make your drawing bigger if you stay in Paint.

Image 6
Felyndiira-Bradakhan

Dynamic pose, nice shadowing but still OOTsish. Pretty sure it's Felyndiira.
I really really like the akshun pose.

Image 7
?-araveugnitsuga

Classic OOTs style. I'd say once again most likely supect are Nevitan or Teutonic knight, and Slizzard.

Image 8
?-Domochevsky

don't know who did it but I do know I trully love the background details, lots of details were put in this, I can really respect that. The lightning really carry the intended ambiance.

Image 9
?-Felyndiira

Don't know who did it but I really like the drawing. It's funny and well done. Congratulation.

Image 10
Herpestidae-Teutonic Knight

I think it's Herpestidae who did it because of the OOTsish but with thinner lines look (Proportion are slighjtly different too.)
I could be dead wrong.

Image 11
?-Dr.Epic

No idea to be honnest.
Those thin lines on the bouse look a little weird compared to the thicker one used for the head.

Image 12
Bradakhan-Traker

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure of myself here.
Slightly bigger head/body proportion then classic OOTs and the expressive face with an unibrow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-16, 02:01 AM
Actualy on reflection, the guessing game isn't such a bad idea, but rather than doing it in private for points, I'd say it'd be interesting to do it in the open. People could learn a little about their drawing and style and such and how the other percieve them and maybe explain why they draw like they do and what was their inspiration and exchange tips and stuff.

I'm going to leave my guesses in the open with somme comentaries as to why I guess who did what.

#Idea#

I actually think like this, and since you started the revolution, I may as well follow.

Image 1: Smuchmuch - drawn by: Domochevsky
I follow Domochevsky's Anteheroes and his Devianart page, so I knew it had to be his, specially with all the playing around with the lightning.

Image 2: Nevitan - drawn by: Akrim.elf
It has to be Akrim.elf, the Hairstyle and the sleeves are the biggest telling signs, also, I happen to follow her Mini Story comic.

Image 3: Herpestidae - drawn by:Smuchmuch
Instantly recognizable, I don't really know, it just ringed on me.

Image 4: szilard - drawn by: Teutonic Knight
Classic OoTS Style with background, at the end through elimination it had to be Teutonic Knight.

Image 5: Akrim.elf - drawn by: Traker
I never had seen Traker's art, reached it through elimination as I knew more or less about everyone elses drawing styles

Image 6: Bradakham - drawn by: Felyndiira
The white line in the hair gives it away, very similar to Felyndiira's sig avatars.

Image 7: araveugnitsuga - drawn by: Nevitan
I remembered seeing one doll-y avatar before being credited to Nevitan, and after much trailing through the forum and my posts, I managed to confirm my suspicions, but wasn't really 100% sure.

Image 8: Domochevsky - drawn by araveugnitsuga
I looked at several possibilities when making this avatar, the first one was to OoTSzies Dhomochevsky, then I went to Domochevsky's deviantart and considered the gal in the rain he used for the IA Magic Contest, at the end I decided on using his actual avatar but transforming it into my style, but left some traces of his style. The runes are product of my new multilanguage pack, Japanese, Cyrilic and Greek always look mysterious.

Image 9: Felyndiira drawn by: Dr. Epic
I had seen some of Dr. Epic's portfolio before, instantly recognized it, also, GIGANTIC image, screen stretcher, had to be Dr. Epic.

Image 10: Teutonic Knight - drawn by: Szilard
I never had seen Szilard's art so I'm not really sure, again, thorugh process of elimination. Though I suspect I may have mixed him up with Traker, 50% I'm wrong and this is Traker's work and Szilard's is Akrim.elf

Image 11: Dr. Epic - drawn by: Herpestidae
Had seen Herpestidae's art before, had suspicions, not 100% sure.

Image 12: Traker - drawn by: Bradakham
It has to be Bradakham, If her head was 2pxls thicker and the body a bit smaller, it would have been Classic Bradakham.

Fin
2011-01-16, 04:50 AM
People could learn a little about their drawing and style and such and how the other percieve them and maybe explain why they draw like they do and what was their inspiration and exchange tips and stuff.

This is exactly what the guessing element was about. I threw in the 'points' more as an afterthought than anything else because I was worried people wouldn't see the point of participating otherwise.

However I will happily remove the guessing element for further rounds if you like. This is the artist's game as much as it is mine so I am happy to amend it so everyone gets the most out of it.

I am not going to remove the images from my imageshack unless asked to by the artists so (with their permission of course) you can use the avvies if you like.

Also as for people letting me know about the filenames and stuff, I did put a disclaimer in the image posts asking for sportsmanship as I had forgotten to change the names and didn't have the heart to go through the whole post again.

I will leave it until this evening to do the big reveal now that people do seem to want to do some guessing now and I also have a bit more spare time then.

Szilard
2011-01-16, 12:36 PM
Mah Guesses:
Image 1, Smuchmuch by Domochevsky
Image 2, Nevitan by Dr. Epic
Image 3, Herpestidae by smuchmuch
Image 4, Szilard by Teutonic Knight
Image 5, Akrim.elf by Traker
Image 6, Bradakhan by Felyndiira
Image 7, araveugnitsuga by Nevitan
Image 8, Domochevsky by Herpestidae
Image 9, Felyndiira by Akrim.elf
Image 10, Teutonic Knight by Szilard
Image 11, Dr. Epic by araveugnitsuga
Image 12, Traker By Bradakhan

Now I'm really hoping this one is mine. :smallbiggrin:
I find it funny that Teutonic Knight and I basically just gave each other avatars. :smalltongue:

Fin
2011-01-16, 12:45 PM
Ok I have done away with the point scoring system due to the obvious flaws that have been pointed out to me, also there seems to be a lot of support for its removal. So the guessing was just for fun and apologies to those who submitted guesses.

Thank you very much for participating everybody and here is the big reveal!

Open up the spoiler boxes to see who drew the image!

Image 1:
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/6361/smuchmuch.png

by Domochevsky!
Image 2:
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/82/nevitan.png

by Akrim.elf!
Image 3:
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2152/herpestidae2.png
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7927/herpestidae1.png

by Smuchmuch!
Image 4:
http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/2440/szilard.png

by Teutonic Knight!
Image 5:
http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/6818/akrimelf.png

by Traker!
Image 6:
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7564/bradakhansmall.png
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3448/bradakhanlarge.png

by Felyndiira!
Image 7:
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/7712/augustl.png

by Nevitan!
Image 8:
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1196/domochevskysmall.png
http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/3566/domochevskylarge.png

by araveugnitsugua!
Image 9:
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6807/felyndiira.jpg

by Dr Epic!
Image 10:
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8716/teutonicknight.png

by Szilard!
Image 11:
http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5256/drepic.png

by Herpestidae!
Image 12:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1558/traker.png

by Bradakhan!

Thanks again to all that participated. I'll definitely be up for doing this again, but if I don't run one again quick enough others can feel free to use the concept and run one themselves.

Domochevsky
2011-01-16, 01:02 PM
Domochevsky: (I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's his. whoevr that may be, just answer me by PM if you ddon't want to reveal yourself.)

Just make sure my name is written correctly. This seems to be a common issue. :smallwink:

(Man, i had so many wrong in this one... >_> )

Still, i'd participate in this again, for the previously stated reasons. :smallsmile:

Edit: araveugnitsuga, image 8 is totally saved!

Herpestidae
2011-01-16, 04:12 PM
So... You believe that I have my own distinct style already? One that's totally different from the style I normally use?

Kewl.

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-16, 05:53 PM
Got everyone right! YEAH!
I'm still on it too.

Herpestidae
2011-01-16, 05:59 PM
Hey, SmuchMuch, would you mind e-mailing me the svg of the Mongoose/ Meerkat? I want to dress my namesake up as things now.

Teutonic Knight
2011-01-16, 11:34 PM
Thank Szilard for the avatar. I've been in a bit of a rut with new ideas, and thanks to you I at least have something new to look at.

Sorry it has to go down next week because of Anime Week. :smalltongue:

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-17, 12:51 AM
Thank Szilard for the avatar. I've been in a bit of a rut with new ideas, and thanks to you I at least have something new to look at.

Sorry it has to go down next week because of Anime Week. :smalltongue:
Oh God!, forgot about anime week, well, it's only one week, then it will be back up. Or at least in a banner.

Zefir
2011-01-17, 02:58 AM
This game is really intressting and the pics look really nice.

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-17, 04:59 AM
This game is really intressting and the pics look really nice.

Try to convince Fin to let you and Xelliea play on the next round.

licoot
2011-01-17, 01:20 PM
Try to convince Fin to let you and Xelliea play on the next round.

Hey don't forgot me:smalltongue:

Fin
2011-01-17, 01:43 PM
*feels internet arm being twisted :smalltongue:*

Ok ok, I'll run this again. Should I start a new recruitment thread or should I just get people to start expressing new and renewed interest in this one?

Elder Tsofu
2011-01-17, 01:56 PM
A new one would probably be better, this thread is history after all. :smalltongue:
And it would probably be easier to catch new peoples attention that way.

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-17, 02:00 PM
A new one would probably be better, this thread is history after all. :smalltongue:
And it would probably be easier to catch new peoples attention that way.
This would be preferable for us participants, but I don't know of the mods stand on this course of action.

Fin
2011-01-17, 02:18 PM
I think I'll gamble on the mods and post a new thread.

If I suddenly disappear you know it was Roland or one of his cronies :smalltongue:

But seriously...

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-17, 02:25 PM
I think I'll gamble on the mods and post a new thread.

If I suddenly disappear you know it was Roland or one of his cronies :smalltongue:

But seriously...

Thy sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Elder Tsofu
2011-01-17, 02:29 PM
But wont they grab us too as they know that we know..?
... crap. :smallfrown:

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-17, 02:30 PM
But wont they grab us too as they know that we know..?
... crap. :smallfrown:

I've already washed my hands.