PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Forced Teleport

Kyouhen
2011-01-08, 05:56 PM
So I'm rolling around a character idea in my head and the character needs to be able to teleport an enemy, preferably taking himself along with him. But I can't quite figure out how to pull this off. I know that if I can make the enemy willing I can take them along with a Dimension Door, but as far as I can tell the enemy has to be unconcious first, which kind of defeats the purpose as I want to be able to do this to drag enemies out of a well defended position. I think I also remember seeing a spell or something somewhere that allowed you to tag along when an enemy teleports, but can't remember the name of it. (That and I still need to make the enemy teleport to begin with)

So, does anyone have any ideas on how to teleport an enemy around the battlefield however you want? Or any other ways to make an enemy willing to be teleported?

Bakkan
2011-01-08, 06:49 PM
Dimension Hop from Player's Handbook II can teleport an unwilling creature, though the target gets a Will save. It's short-range (5 ft/2 levels) and doesn't teleport you with it, but it might be a start.

Emmerask
2011-01-08, 07:06 PM
The baleful line of spells might help there, for example there is baleful transposition where you swap your position with someone, will save negates.

There are more in the phb2 if I remember correctly

Kyouhen
2011-01-08, 07:26 PM
Dimension Hop would work, though I still need a way to follow the target when I teleport him. Then again if I coupled that with Anticipate Teleportation I could always just manually move to wherever he's about to appear and wait for him...

Dr Bwaa
2011-01-08, 07:41 PM
I believe Greater Dimension Door allows unwilling passengers. It has shorter range than regular DD, but you get one dimension door/round for 1 rd/lvl.

EDIT: It's in SpC, maybe?

EvilKurt
2011-01-08, 07:51 PM
The Bar-Lgura from Fiendish Codex I has an ability that is called abduction that does exactly that. Polymorph + Assume Supernatural Ability would be one way to get it.