PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with a skill reference... (3.5)

The-Mage-King
2011-01-17, 10:27 PM
I seem to recall a rule saying that you could substitute Craft (Alchemy) for Craft (Poisonmaking) by taking a -4 penalty.

Any knowledge of if this is true, and if so, where I can find it?

The-Mage-King
2011-01-18, 10:21 AM
No one remembers? Drat. Back to the drawing board...

JellyPooga
2011-01-18, 11:09 AM
Did you seriously expect a reply within 6 minutes? Dude, this ain't a live chat forum...give it time.

It's entirely possible that you can I suppose, but I wouln't know if there's supporting rules for it. You may want to check the Skill description in the PHB, maybe look in the Poison section of the DMG, or failing that check Complete Adventurer (there's a section in there about Poisonmaking). Other places you might find joy include Complete Mage or Scoundrel, Dungeonscape, the PHBII and DMG II.

dragonsamurai77
2011-01-18, 11:11 AM
Did you seriously expect a reply within 6 minutes? Dude, this ain't a live chat forum...give it time.

Look at the times more carefully: it was almost 12 hours between posts.

JellyPooga
2011-01-18, 11:15 AM
Look at the times more carefully: it was almost 12 hours between posts.

Heh, oh yeah...didn't look at the AM/PM! Even then I got it the wrong way round (that'll teach me for getting snarky when I'm still half-asleep). Sorry OP, my bad.

The-Mage-King
2011-01-18, 01:34 PM
It's entirely possible that you can I suppose, but I wouln't know if there's supporting rules for it. You may want to check the Skill description in the PHB, maybe look in the Poison section of the DMG, or failing that check Complete Adventurer (there's a section in there about Poisonmaking). Other places you might find joy include Complete Mage or Scoundrel, Dungeonscape, the PHBII and DMG II.

Check'd PH, DMG, CAd, CArc, CSc, Dungeonscape, and DMG II. I haven't checked PHBII yet, but I have a feeling that it won't prove fruitful...

Though I did find the rule in question on Realmshelp, it didn't have a reference.

Hm...

Boci
2011-01-18, 01:39 PM
Book of Vile Darkness.

The-Mage-King
2011-01-18, 01:55 PM
Book of Vile Darkness.

:smalleek: And that's the one book that the DM won't allow. Great.