PDA

View Full Version : Anyone enjoy drawing supers?

togapika
2011-01-19, 02:15 AM
I have an idea for a superhero I'd love to have a picture of, but since his powers really wouldn't be all that obvious, and he's not ripped physically none of the standard suggestions (HeroMachine, City of Heroes) wouldn't apply in this case.
Anyone feel like giving it a shot?

Domochevsky
2011-01-19, 02:26 AM
Could you possibly be any less informative in your description of what you're looking for? Just for kicks? :smallwink:

Dr.Epic
2011-01-19, 11:19 AM
Could you possibly be any less informative in your description of what you're looking for? Just for kicks? :smallwink:

Well, they could have just said it's a person wearing some clothes. Actually, I don't think they got that specific. Come on togapika, give us a paragraph of two describing what they look like. I'm kind of interested in doing this, but I'm not saying yes.

togapika
2011-01-19, 01:13 PM
Hadn't fully decided on a name yet, but was thinking of either "The Peacemaker" or "War and Peace", as he has emotion control abilities and tries to end any fight before it starts by calming down the opponents
Is probably going to be mostly average looking in terms of build, not muscular, but also not really weak looking either. Hair color, eye color, etc. are all negotiable as long as none of it is exceedingly odd...
The most he would eventually have as for obvious powers might be the ability to blast someone when his emotional state is high.
Most likely short hair and taller than average. I'm hoping to come up with something that identifies him as a superhero, but isn't ludicrously four-colors...

Domochevsky
2011-01-20, 07:43 PM
So... a regular dude with no distinctive features? :smallconfused:

togapika
2011-01-20, 10:46 PM
He can have distinctive features...
I mostly just wanted to emphasize the fact that he is a superhero, without resorting to four-color methods such as a skintight costume, freakishly odd hair or bulging muscles...

Crimmy
2011-01-20, 10:50 PM
Therefore...

So... a regular dude with no distinctive features? :smallconfused:

QFT

EDIT: Unless you like him with, say, a Zapata Moustache, or maybe something as epic as a Cthulhu beard.

togapika
2011-01-20, 10:53 PM
It's more about giving the artist free range to create...
Fine...
How about tall and muscular, with a completely bald head and a large mustache... like one of those guys who shaves his whole head and grows a huge beard to compensate
I mean how exactly would one describe the look of a man who can stop fights before they start?

Crimmy
2011-01-20, 11:34 PM
I mean how exactly would one describe the look of a man who can stop fights before they start?

http://07paradise.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/gandhi.jpg
http://www.allamericanpatriots.com/files/images/2008-04-dr-martin-luther-king-jr.jpg

Though I recognize, they all stopped fights, but it was after it had started.

PLEASE NOTE: The above was not meant as politic, but a mere observation of people who were pacifists in order to fuel the imagination of the artists.

Cealocanth
2011-01-23, 10:26 PM
PLEASE NOTE: The above was not meant as politic, but a mere observation of people who were pacifists in order to fuel the imagination of the artists.

Y'know, I really appreciate the massive effort you made there in attempt to keep your post from being scrubbed. You should get a medal for impeccable post protection.

Crimmy
2011-01-24, 08:06 AM
Y'know, I really appreciate the massive effort you made there in attempt to keep your post from being scrubbed. You should get a medal for impeccable post protection.

Already have infractions, I'm trying hard to NOT get banned.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-24, 10:55 AM

Somebody draw this guy a trophy. Maybe that can be the next Iron Avatarist contest: best way to avoid getting scrubbed!:smallbiggrin:

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-24, 01:42 PM
You might want to look at the Yu-Gi-Oh Card: Messenger of Peace, I think it fits perfectly your descriptions.