PDA

View Full Version : Ladies... A question of sorts

John Cribati
2011-01-19, 04:05 PM
Okay, please note that the conclusion that I come to (and the question asked based on it) may sound entirely facetious, but I am honestly curious about this situation. Also, this discussion is rather PG-13 (except in Europe, where they wouldn't bat an eye), so let's keep it that way.

I just came back from the orthodontist. I go every month, and each time I go, the head Ortho lets on of his interns replace the ligatures (rubber bands) on my braces. And every single time that a female (and there have been at least seven different female interns over the course of my visits) is chosen for this task, she presses her (usually ample) chest against my head while doing so. I'm not exactly complaining here; I am simply concerned about her lack of concern. And this isn't the only time mammary-related shenanigans occur around me. There one time that I lifted a girl up to reach something (long story), and when I was in the process of putting her back down, she slipped. I caught her, of course, but... you can probably do the math here. She said nothing, nor did she express any indication that my hand had been somewhere it shouldn't have (and she had a boyfriend, to boot). Besides that occasion, I often have to tell other girls that they're getting too close to my elbows (seriously, my elbow was disappearing), and on at least three occasions, three separate girls have leaned across a table, a mammary resting right on the back of my hand, with no indication that she knows what she is doing.

I know that that part of the female anatomy is not exactly numb, so I conclude that:

1: They're just ignoring my slip-ups to save us both the embarrassment
Or
2: They don't pay attention to their chests.
Or
3:I'm incredibly attractive and they're all dropping hints?

Syka
2011-01-19, 04:10 PM
Both?

I can't say I've ever had someone accidentally grab my bosom, with the hilarious exception of my ex (long, pretty funny story). In that case, he was more embarrassed than I was. I just shrugged it off (other than laughing at his reaction) 'cause I knew it was not intended*. That's like what was up with your friends.

The dentist peoples, I can't say I've ever had an issue with their breasts pressing against me. I can't remember ever having a lady change out my braces stuff, though. So...maybe the angle you have to be at leads to that?

As for the friends who make your elbow disappear...probably they are trying to get a hint across. Could be they are oblivious, though.

*Despite the fact we were dating, it was the first time he'd 'gotten that far' and it was in public. Hence his reaction of shock and concern. It was basically entirely inappropriate even given our relationship, lol. Or at least would've been, had it been intentional.

CurlyKitGirl
2011-01-19, 04:11 PM
Easy.
With the interns it's solely professional. If they have to get that close to do their job, they can't help it. They don't see it as sexual, just something that needs to be done.
With your female friends, you're a friend, and it was accidental. Were you trying to cop a feel on purpose? No. They knew that and either didn't care even even notice.

If it makes you feel uncomfortable say so, but otherwise, if you're not bothered and she's not bothered why point it out?

It's just a chest.
No need to get all het up about it.

Sipex
2011-01-19, 04:16 PM
I would also like to pipe in that a woman who has a serious crush a guy might actually avoid that sort of behaviour because it's something she'd take to actively noticing around you (unless she's naturally outgoing).

Believe it or not all those insecure "What if?!" thoughts you have when you have an attraction to someone are mirrored by women as well in the same case.

ie: "Oh no, I accidentally brushed my chest against his arm! I should move away. Did he notice?" etc

ninja_penguin
2011-01-19, 04:17 PM
with regards to orthodontics and dentistry, it seems to be pretty much unavoidable. I once had the same thought, and went 'well, I'm certainly not going to bring this up, because I'm 90% sure that'd drift me into creeper territory'. When the actual dentist came into poke at things, I mentally gauged that if he'd had boobs, they'd be up against the side of my head too in order to get the right angle to poke at things. And that if he did, I'd probably be skeeved out.

Quite frankly, if it's just random, don't worry about it. And don't bring it up if nothing has been brought up yet, because that just makes it creepy for everybody involved.

Lillith
2011-01-19, 05:42 PM
I wouldn't exactly know cause my chest is way not big enough to land me in those situations, but I think the orthodontist is probably professional and can't be prevented for them. For your friend, she either didn't care cause it was an accident or she might have wanted to forget it and pretend like it never happened. As for those random females, I seriously doubt they do it on purpose. They're just there and if they have to lean over a table their chest will go wherever it needs to go. They probably don't even notice what they're doing so if it annoys or bothers you, you should probably speak up.

Keld Denar
2011-01-19, 05:49 PM
My old orthodontist had a penchant for hiring well endowed female assistants. I often got a face/neck/shoulder/chest full of soft, pleasant bewbie when they were in there cranking on my wires. Needless to say, I always looked forward to apointments, and I was a little sad when I had them removed. Was the most action I'd ever gotten as a 14-15 year old boy...

I can almost guaruntee that it was an accident. Hopefully...

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-19, 06:49 PM
My lady orthodontists/demtists have never done that. :smallconfused: Am I that ugly?

HalfTangible
2011-01-19, 07:08 PM
One of my orthodontists did that all the time :smallannoyed: Gawd, it was annoying. I don't like to be touched!

rayne_dragon
2011-01-19, 07:22 PM
From my experience it's usually a combination of unintentionalness and feeling comfortable enough around you that they don't make a big deal about it. That may mean that they like you, but might not be that big of a hint. Most of the other women I know are usually even more direct when making hints, but then again the ones I'm thinking of are very direct, somewhat aggressive lesbians/bisexuals and I've seen girls try to give hints by things more subtle than the method you're implying. I'd say the bustier the person in question though, the more likely it is to be accidental, especially in a professional setting where it might not be something that can be helped.

CrimsonAngel
2011-01-19, 07:24 PM
One of my orthodontists did that all the time :smallannoyed: Gawd, it was annoying. I don't like to be touched!

So I've heard.

RandomNPC
2011-01-19, 08:27 PM
The doctors are working, let it be. The girl who slipped, ignored to save face.
The girls who lean across the table? start resting your hand palm up, see if they keep doing it.

Get a little flirty with them, see where things go, ya know?

HalfTangible
2011-01-19, 08:30 PM
So I've heard.

Have you? :smallconfused:

grimbold
2011-01-22, 02:29 AM
most girls i know would probs use 1 or 2
but its hard to tell for a lot of guys,
is it number 3?
you will never know until you ask, which obviously is usually a poor choice

Trog
2011-01-23, 10:12 AM
Easy.
With the interns it's solely professional. If they have to get that close to do their job, they can't help it. They don't see it as sexual, just something that needs to be done.
Mmmm.... Not necessarily.

I recall being at the dentist once when I was in early high school and there was a new young dental hygienist there trying to get a job working there full time. She put the cart of dental tools on the opposite side from her which struck me as odd at first. Then each time she had to change tools she stood up and leaned over and pressed her chest into my face to reach it.

After the exam was over she was sure to tell me that if the dentist asked how she did to be sure and say that she was an excellent hygienist.

So I did. :smalltongue:

Crow
2011-01-23, 12:20 PM
I had a most excellent hair cut a while back related to this. I usually go to the beauty college to get my hair cut because I am so cheap.

I usually elect for the shampoo while I am there, so we go back to the place where they have all the sinks on the wall and I plop down in the chair. Rather than stand beside the sink to shampoo my hair, this girl stands in front of me, and leans over me to get to my hair. Needless to say, her breasts were literally smashed into my face, and her hips were pressed quite firmly against my legs.

All this combined with the rythmic shampooing motion caused the expected bodily reaction to occur, but thankfully, she either didn't notice (which would be amazing considering the contact which was occurring), or was nice enough to just not say anything about it.

To this day, I still wonder if she was trying to hint at something, or if she was truely oblivious to her actions. I think if it was intentional, it is just the pure boldness which astounds me. Either way though, despite the awkwardness, it was pretty much the greatest shampoo I've ever received.

Coidzor
2011-01-23, 12:52 PM
I say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, really. If they're not flipping out over inconsequential things that were both accidental and over about as quickly as they could be noticed, all the better.

Edit: As in, as long as there's no issue from them about it, don't go looking for one.

Anxe
2011-01-24, 12:19 AM
This doesn't happen to me. I can only conclude that all the ladies love you.

HalfTangible
2011-01-24, 12:28 AM
I say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, really. If they're not flipping out over inconsequential things that were both accidental and over about as quickly as they could be noticed, all the better.

i find boobs against me as creepy as someones <censored> against my arm =/

Then again, i also find fingers creepy, so...

For'Ninniach
2011-01-24, 12:42 AM
All of the above?

Well, it's probably either
1. Their bra doesn't let the 'sense' in.
(couldn't find a better way of phrasing that. Despite me sitting here for at least 5 minutes thinking of how to phrase that.)
2. They're Britney Spears type people, and they've had their breasts fondled so much that they just have lost feeling.
3. A lot of cases, it just happens to women. (me discluded /phew:smallcool:) Women with big cans get used to their lady parts touching other things. And they just don't notice.

Elder Tsofu
2011-01-24, 04:31 AM
4. They did it for a bet.

Coidzor
2011-01-24, 07:10 AM
i find boobs against me as creepy as someones <censored> against my arm =/

Then again, i also find fingers creepy, so...

Which is irrelevant to the point I was making. Whether you detest all human contact or not, it's still better for the other party to not flip out and start yelling at you and ascribing blame and false, perverted motives to you for things that did not result from any action on your part.

1. Their bra doesn't let the 'sense' in.
(couldn't find a better way of phrasing that. Despite me sitting here for at least 5 minutes thinking of how to phrase that.)

Please try again later, because that's just not parsing for me.

Thanatos 51-50
2011-01-24, 07:30 AM
Please try again later, because that's just not parsing for me.

I can only conclude that presumably thick padding is absorbing the touch-sensation of contact and therefore, the actual breast in question isn't feeling contact, and not sending signals to the brain telling the female in question that she's accidentally "giving him boob".
In other words:
She can't feel it through her bra.

rakkoon
2011-01-24, 07:40 AM
My wife is a physical therapist and they are taught to forget about their own bodies while doing their work. This led to a very amusing moment when I was helping her and a female friend with their testing. Suddenly she kind of caught on that me standing in my underwear and two females on their knees in front of me was amusing (they were studying my knees).

Perhaps dentists have the same training.

Now that shampoo lady however, I have my doubts about

Obrysii
2011-01-24, 07:42 AM
Eh, from my experience - it's all accidental and you're thinking way too much on it.

The dentists? They have to do what they have to do. They assist dozens of guys each week.

Your friend? Friends tend to forgive. Case in point - I was laying down once next to a female friend of mine and blindly reaching for her elbow, to be a mean person and screw up the controls for a game she was playing. I grabbed what I thought was her elbow and she simply said, "And that's my boob." She cracked up laughing as I quickly moved away whilst apologizing.

I suspect a large amount of times, women ignore what happens - having to press their chest against something to reach for an item likely happens enough that, if it happens, it happens.

Think nothing of these incidents, just don't actively seek them.

HalfTangible
2011-01-24, 08:15 AM
Which is irrelevant to the point I was making. Whether you detest all human contact or not, it's still better for the other party to not flip out and start yelling at you and ascribing blame and false, perverted motives to you for things that did not result from any action on your part.

The point you seemed to be making was 'enjoy it cuz it's awesome'.

Coidzor
2011-01-24, 08:36 AM
The point you seemed to be making was 'enjoy it cuz it's awesome'.

Well, what I was going for was "enjoy the fact that they're not freaking out over it."

edit: hopefully this has been made clearer in my initial post.

MoonCat
2011-01-24, 09:00 AM
It might be accidental. A female hairdresser (who I know not to be attracted to women) I know has a very large bosom, and while shampooing my hair will have to lean over to change the temperature, grab tools, and so on. She's not doing it on purpose, and can't really help it, there are some places you need to stand when you're working in some jobs, including dentistry. If it doesn't bother you, I suggest you don't say anything, as it might be really embarrassing to her, and I don't know if you'd be comfortable asking (think about it, "excuse me, your bosom <blush>, um, ma'am? Could you, um, er... your <cringe> oh never mind." :smallbiggrin:) If it does bug you though, try to find a good way to phrase it.

DeadManSleeping
2011-01-24, 09:08 AM
If it does bug you though, try to find a good way to phrase it.

"Mrfl mf mphm mphr."? :smalltongue:

Perhaps I'm overestimating the amount of leaning being done.

MoonCat
2011-01-24, 09:15 AM
"Mrfl mf mphm mphr."? :smalltongue:

Perhaps I'm overestimating the amount of leaning being done.

Probably lots of jiggling and some brushing, occasionally coming to rest for a second or so, if I'm correct. Just enough to seriously freak out a boy not used to that, but to little too be noticed by women who pretty much ignore a light brushing of an area they're used to having exist.

happyturtle
2011-01-24, 09:47 AM
I know that that part of the female anatomy is not exactly numb

No, but it's all a matter of context. They brush and bump against stuff all the time. We're used to it. If it's a different context, then they're a lot more sensitive.

Think of your hands. They're typing on keyboards, grabbing handrails, shaking hands with people, getting washed, all day long, without making you feel anything in particular. Now imagine the person you have a crush on reaching out and taking your hand and clasping fingers. Much different, right? Now imagine that creepy boss who makes inappropriate comments in public reaching out and gently stroking the back of your hand. :smallyuk:

Same nerve endings. Three completely different ways to react to those nerve endings being stimulated. It's the same thing for us. Breasts may seem fascinating to you, but to us, they're just kind of... there. Add in the fact that they're covered by extra layers of fabric, and we really aren't going to notice that much.

If you get accidental contact in a professional setting, then unless it makes you feel uncomfortable, don't say anything. You'll just come across as creepy.

Of course if you actually try to make accidental contact happen, then you aren't coming across as creepy, you are creepy.

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-01-24, 10:26 AM
I've had similar experiences and came to the conclusion that unless actively trying to get something going, most women don't truly realize how they affect guys.

There was a special girl in my life who was quite blessed by her maker, coming and going. Never quite seemed to 'get' how practically everything she did was basically an eye-catcher. What she thought was perfectly innocent did not translate so to the male brain. That none of it was intentional seemed to make it more so.

In other words, it just depends on the girl. Often hard to figure if they are coming on or simply are so use to their girly bits that it doesn't even click that what they are doing is provocative.

I've yet to find reason to complain however.

Kuma Da
2011-01-25, 03:52 PM
Herp, this thread made my day. Well done, sir.

I can honestly say I've never had the hygienist thing happen, but I do work food service. There's a small amount of accidental hand-where-you-really-didn't-intend-it-to-be that can happen on some shifts. Typically, when that happens, I apologize. It comes across pretty clearly that it wasn't meant to happen, and it's not a huge deal for the co-worker, but as long as I don't get really freaked out about it, nobody else is bothered.

That said, if anybody reads this and is like "oh, dude, time to get me a food service job", be ye warned. If you deliberately try anything, you're trying it in an environment that has sharp knives, hot grills, and a convenient dumpster out back. That, in addition to common decency, should be plenty of incentive not to.

Sipex
2011-01-25, 04:31 PM
Also, sexual harrassment lawsuits.

Borgh
2011-01-25, 05:12 PM
confirming I did not bat an eyelash.

Its a bodypart. I actually found the hands inside my mouth more intrusive (is that the way to phrase it? the sensation that someones body is unconfortably close to yours without it being creepy or sexual, just being there)