PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Characters

Halae
2011-01-22, 02:02 AM
Alright, I like to draw. This is something that ahs been true for me for the past... 12 years, and I'm rather proud of the progress I've made in sketching. Unfortunately, I have encountered the common artist's block, and am at a lack for things to sketch

And so, I ask of the playground, do you guys have anything you want drawn? If so, Give me a good description and I'll do the best I can. However, If i find the description lacking, I will be putting forth some questions to ascertain what all should be done

an example of my sketches:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b283/pyranack/img004.jpg

Ninjaman
2011-01-22, 02:42 AM
It looks cool

Talyn
2011-01-22, 12:25 PM
I would love to have a character of mine drawn!

Character Name:
Aston Keir, the Crownbreaker

Human male paladin, age 26.

Aston is of average height with a solid, muscular build. For the portrait, he is wearing gleaming, unadorned plate armor with a number of thin gashes across the breastplate. The plate armor ends at the knee, and ordinary brown riding boots, armored at the toe and heel, cover his feet. Slung across his hips is a scabbard, currently empty, with a belt pouch on the other side. The scabbard has criss-crossed leather straps wrapped around hit to reinforce the simple leather. Also attached to the belt is a rearing-dragon holy symbol of Bahamut, in silver.

Over his armor he has a long, unadorned dark cloak which completely covers his shoulders and is cinched together at the neck with a simple clasp. The cloak is noticeably frayed and weatherbeaten around the bottom edge.

Aston is not wearing a helmet, but instead has a featureless steel mask which covers the entirety of his face - think hockey mask, without the breathing holes. It is secured with two leather straps, one over and one under his ear. His black hair is medium length, but unkempt and wild-looking. His eyes are dark.

If possible, given the limits of how hard it is to do this with pencils, there is significant burn-scarring along the throat along the right side. It should give the impression that the mask hides similar scarring all along the right side of his face.

In his right hand is a long sword, with runes carved upon the blade along the length. In his left is a heavy round steel shield, noticeably dented and battered around the edges, and on the shield is a heraldic pattern of three triangular kite shields in a triangular pattern, point-down.

Is that enough for you? :smallbiggrin: I'm really excited for the character sketch!

Halae
2011-01-22, 12:31 PM
That's certainly enough! give me a few hours, and I'll see what I can do

Ninjaman
2011-01-22, 01:05 PM
Ihave a request too.

Name:Shreder
Human male

Shreder is carying an hokey-like iron mask, you canīt see any of his face, it is just black. Shaggy black hair from the back of the mask.
Black clothing.
An iron breastplate with small spiked shoulders.
Two gloves with long razorsharp nails.
Iron boots going high up his leg, almost at his knee.

Posed slightly sideways, right. Left arm down his side, looking at his right hand just before his face.

Enjoy, i would be very gratefull if you could draw him.

Gulaghar
2011-01-22, 02:00 PM
I have to take this opportunity. This is my ffrp character.

His name is Kirke Locke. He's a male drow elf. He is an average height and weight for an elf. His hair is white, short, about half covering his ears, and fairly straight. Of course his skin is dark and his ears are pointed.

His clothing is is a black suit much like the suits the guys in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCTJeT2i9QU) are wearing. Actually the story is that he is wearing one of their suits. He also wears sunglasses the same as the ones in that video. He wears and SRV hat (http://www.pbhats.com/PB_WEST_FELT/SRV_LRG.gif) as well.

Pose isn't too important. Maybe with his left hand in his pocket and his right hand holding a pen in some way. As for facial expression, either a c0cky grin or a smirk.

Hopefully that sparks you interest. If you need any other details be sure to let me know.

Dvandemon
2011-01-22, 02:18 PM
I have two things for this; A grey alien with humans proportions dressed as a James Bond esque spy holding a gun (You can pick the positions you feel are natural) and a bald black guy (think Morpheus) holding a shotgun with sunglasses, a longcoat in a badass, standing pose

Imperial Psycho
2011-01-22, 02:45 PM
You might have your hands somewhat full with the above requests, but if you time:

Mikhael Osteler

Male Human, aged 24

Shaven head, gaunt face, covered in black tattoos. Wears a chain shirt over black leather. Dual wields a pair of slightly curved sabres. Wears an amulet, with a symbol that looks like an eye, but with a triangle replacing the pupil and iris.

Drawn badly in OotS style as my avatar. :smalltongue:

dragonsamurai77
2011-01-22, 04:10 PM
Iegan the Blazing

Half-dragon (gold) god of fire and magic. He wears a robe with a flame motif, and weilds a massive, flaming sword. Many staves and rods are strapped to his back.

Also, if at all possible, I'd like to see him with his cohort, Xanaphia.

Fire Elf wizard, fanatically loyal to her master. Normally wears a dress with the same flame pattern as Iegan's robe. Not as skilled in physical combat, she carries only a small dagger. She wears a simple pair of sandals on her feet, though she rarely wears them inside Iegan's grand palace. Her hair flows down freely.

Halae
2011-01-22, 05:48 PM
Alright then guys, I'm gonna stop you all there until I get some of these requests cleared. No new ones until at least 4 have been dealt with

Zefir
2011-01-22, 05:55 PM
Good I read the last post, because I wanted to ask when you are ready to take a new request. I will watch this thread so maybe I will know it fast enougth.

Oh and the first one is really nice

Irbis
2011-01-23, 09:34 PM
Will be watching, too :smallwink:

Halae
2011-01-25, 03:08 PM
bad news everybody, My Scanner decided to mutiny. It'll be a while before I have it up to speed, and thus, have images on the net, but I'll be trying to get that done as soon as possible

Ninjaman
2011-01-25, 03:33 PM
bad news everybody, My Scanner decided to mutiny. It'll be a while before I have it up to speed, and thus, have images on the net, but I'll be trying to get that done as soon as possible

That sucks really. also please donīt fell like you are doing this only for the others, do it for your own sake.

Zefir
2011-01-25, 07:22 PM

Really bad your pics where really nice.

How long do you need for them I myself drawed a hand in class and it took me near 2 hour(but it looks good^^)

Geno9999
2011-01-25, 10:33 PM
That sketch is neat. Though having a scanner go on strike has got to be annoying.
I really need to post some of my sketches.

Halae
2011-01-27, 05:34 PM
Really bad your pics where really nice.

How long do you need for them I myself drawed a hand in class and it took me near 2 hour(but it looks good^^)

most of my pictures take me about 1.5 to 2 hours, and the one that my avatar is based on was no exception. It'd be more if my Photoshop fu were any better, but sadly I suck enough at it that I haven't even bought photoshop yet