PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an artist, so I guess I'm in the right forum!

emi-chan
2011-01-22, 05:14 AM
Hey,
I'm a student writer, lucky enough to go to uni to actually study writing and editing and get a BA. I'm in my first year and am a big fan of Neil Gaiman, DAve Mckean, Tolkien, Mervyn Peake...the list goes on, but that's not what I wanted to talk about.

Although I wrote nano last year and failed, but the story I chose to write has been burning me for about 2 years. I'm having loads of fun writing this script, but think it would be amazing if someone wanted to draw it. Which is where you come in. I'm looking for an artist who would like to help me bring this graphic webcomic thing out of my head and onto paper/ your screens. I'd like it to be artsy, but i'm probably setting my hopes too high on what I can realistically achieve. I need help from someone who can be dedicated, perhaps drawing a page a week and with the ability to keep going.

The story is about gods. You're probably thinking, oh, that's original. But this story has it's roots in the myths and stories I studied in Classical Civilisations at A level and should although it is historical fantasy gone modern, be about the ancient religions in the modern world.

If anyone is interested, please contact me and I'll tell you a bit more about my idea.

Thank you.

Kaytara
2011-01-22, 09:41 AM
"a story that has ITS roots in the myths"

Sorry, but since you're studying writing... ^^;

Unfortunately, I don't have the time (or reliability) for something like this, but I wish you luck. I do recommend that you finish actually plotting the story before looking for an artist - from your post it wasn't clear if you were done with the plotting or not. As I'm sure you're aware, lots of stories end up orphaned because of a lack of planning. If you tie up all the loose ends before trying to convert it into graphic form, at least if there are schedule problems, it won't be from your end.

leakingpen
2011-01-22, 03:30 PM
My art skills lie between xkcd and stuff drawn by a five year old, but if you ever want help with editing plot or dialogue, or a place to post your stuff to share, let me know!

emi-chan
2011-01-23, 06:22 AM
Kaytara: Thank you for your suggestion, but I assure you it is fully plotted. I began properly writing the story for NanoWrimo and wrote 30k. But in experimenting with styles of narrative I found it wrote itself so much more easily as a script. I have the first few pages ready and will continue and attempt to complete the script during scriptfrenzy this April.

Leakingpen: Thank you, I'd really appreciate another set of eyes on the script. I read xkcd too, but it's not quite the thing I'm looking for I'm afraid. Once I've written more of a bulk of the script I'd love it if you'd give me your opinion on it. :)