PDA

View Full Version : I want to be smart (help!)

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-01-23, 07:15 PM
Hi, I'm currently playing a Changeling Factotum 3/Swash 3/ Protean Adept 3. My character was meant to be a jack of all trades, which I am currently doing pretty well with. One unseen role I'm now stuck with is portable google; without a wizard, my character has become the go-to knowledge guy. with only 2 ranks in each, I've done pretty well (Prodigy Template +4, Masterwork Tools +2 and Bracelet of the Kraken +2 +6 int has me at +16 each). I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do, seeing as Knowledge Devotion and Dark Knowledge (thanks to Protean Adept) have become habitual in combat.

Thanks.

gbprime
2011-01-23, 07:18 PM
Nah, take more levels in Factotum, crank up those knowledge skills, and revel in the knowledge guy role and all the pointy, stabby Knowledge Devotional death that goes with it. :smallcool:

And don't forget to spend 2 points on the Collector of Stories skill trick. +5 to ID critters... thats knowledge devotion fodder right there!

Gnaeus
2011-01-23, 07:21 PM
Skill trick in complete scoundrel, I think its collector of Stories. Gives +5 to knowledge rolls to identify opponents.

Tibbaerrohwen
2011-01-23, 07:31 PM
Collector of Stories, check. Thanks.
Poking around I also found the Tome of Worldly Knowledge: 1 minute of study give +5 on next knowledge check (MIC).
Anything else?