PDA

View Full Version : [MYTH] The Kingdom of Xor

Pages : [1] 2 3

Maxios
2011-01-25, 08:16 PM
Xor is currently fighting in a war with a foreign empire located to the east.
Xor is currently trying to have a political takeover of Padros

(THIS THREAD IS FOR ALL FFRPING IN THE BOUNDRIES XOR]

Xor is led by ex-adventurer Maxios, who recently took the throne back from a foul lich. A half-dragon, named Dragonburst, is the Kingdom's general. The capitol of the kingdom is known as "Swordsdeep' and is massive. The kingdom has a lot of unexplored territory, filled with monsters and adventuring opportunities.
[OP subject to updating]

Creed
2011-01-25, 08:37 PM
Water, boy.
The young man rushed off, down the stairs of the tower of the High Magus, sweat beading on his forhead as his unstrained muscles hauled the bucket from the well at the bottom.
Boy? You have such a faithful helper and yet you disrespect him so?
The boy began the trek back up the tower, the heavy bucket forcing him to take the stairs a step at the time.
Reaper, you of all know the value of discipline. Exicalflowne stuck his finger deep into the pool of wax surrounding the candle next to him, withdrawing it a moment later without uttering a cry of hesitation.
The boy was nearly there now, the bucket sloshing it's contents over the last few stairs to his master's study.
But you still do not call him by name? Does he have none? the scrying crystal to Gelderland replied.
The boy entered the room and filled a chalice for his master.
None that he has earned yet. Exicalflowne took a deep swig of the clear, cool water after he said that, and the crystal's light flickered from it meekly, signaling Reaper's exit from the scryed communication.
Boy, take this message to Lord Maxios himself. Hand it off to none but him. Show them your mark of magic if they try to stop you.
Exicalflowne handed the boy a scroll and a small seal, and he scurried off down the stairs again.
---
Minutes later, the small boy, barely older than 16, showed up near Maxios's chambers, armed with the scroll from his master, demanding immediate audience with the king.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-25, 08:47 PM
Samantha keeps watch from one of the many towers of the castle. Occasionally she will shoot an arrow out past the castle, hoping an answering arrow will return, at least something that signals war. But no, at least not whenever she fires. But maybe one day.....

Maxios
2011-01-25, 08:52 PM
Water, boy.
The young man rushed off, down the stairs of the tower of the High Magus, sweat beading on his forhead as his unstrained muscles hauled the bucket from the well at the bottom.
Boy? You have such a faithful helper and yet you disrespect him so?
The boy began the trek back up the tower, the heavy bucket forcing him to take the stairs a step at the time.
Reaper, you of all know the value of discipline. Exicalflowne stuck his finger deep into the pool of wax surrounding the candle next to him, withdrawing it a moment later without uttering a cry of hesitation.
The boy was nearly there now, the bucket sloshing it's contents over the last few stairs to his master's study.
But you still do not call him by name? Does he have none? the scrying crystal to Gelderland replied.
The boy entered the room and filled a chalice for his master.
None that he has earned yet. Exicalflowne took a deep swig of the clear, cool water after he said that, and the crystal's light flickered from it meekly, signaling Reaper's exit from the scryed communication.
Boy, take this message to Lord Maxios himself. Hand it off to none but him. Show them your mark of magic if they try to stop you.
Exicalflowne handed the boy a scroll and a small seal, and he scurried off down the stairs again.
---
Minutes later, the small boy, barely older than 16, showed up near Maxios's chambers, armed with the scroll from his master, demanding immediate audience with the king.
[Xor's Capitol, The Castle]
Maxios is currently eating a feast when the boy appears

Creed
2011-01-25, 08:56 PM
The boy wordlessly hands Maxios the scroll.
He is dressed in the gold and black tunic that delegates him as one of the apprentice magi that various families have paid for to come study under Exicalflowne in the past year.

Maxios
2011-01-25, 08:57 PM
The boy wordlessly hands Maxios the scroll.
He is dressed in the gold and black tunic that delegates him as one of the apprentice magi that various families have paid for to come study under Exicalflowne in the past year.

"Thanks." Maxios says, his mouth full of turkey. He reads the scroll

At that moment, a messanger is riding on horseback to the Royal Castle

Creed
2011-01-25, 09:01 PM
Maxios-
I'm leaving for Padros.
-Exicalflowne
P.S. I'll be back
P.P.S. With weapons

Maxios
2011-01-25, 09:05 PM
Maxios-
I'm leaving for Padros.
-Exicalflowne
P.S. I'll be back
P.P.S. With weapons

"Hopefully the situation there doesn't get worse." Maxios mutters. He then proceeds to start eating again

The Messager is now in the castle, and is running to the Great Hall

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-25, 09:16 PM
[A Miserable and Completely Insufficient Inn]

No, you blithering idiot! I ordered steak tartare, this, as anyone with smallest amount of education, brains and even the most basic knowledge of cuisine can see, is steak with tartar sauce!!! Aldern yells, berrating the very annoyed inkeeper.

Oh, what a disgraceful situation. That he, a scholar of his genius, should be reduced to this, eating and sleeping in this, this dismal, rundown, filthy, barbaric, and utterly pathetic excuse for an inn. Not only do the beds not have goose feather pillows, but there isn't even hot and cold water! How is a man of his upbringing and status supposed to live in a hovel like this!?

Creed
2011-01-25, 09:18 PM
The apprentice leaves Maxios's presence hurriedly, and runs back to his master's tower.
Once there, he is suprised for three reasons.
One. The door is locked and barrred from the inside, and through the keyhole he can see no one is inside.
Two: A window inside is opened.
Three: The ground below the tower shows no trace of a slightly splattered magus.

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 09:26 PM
[A Miserable and Completely Insufficient Inn]

No, you blithering idiot! I ordered steak tartare, this, as anyone with smallest amount of education, brains and even the most basic knowledge of cuisine can see, is steak with tartar sauce!!! Aldern yells, berrating the very annoyed inkeeper.

Oh, what a disgraceful situation. That he, a scholar of his genius, should be reduced to this, eating and sleeping in this, this dismal, rundown, filthy, barbaric, and utterly pathetic excuse for an inn. Not only do the beds not have goose feather pillows, but there isn't even hot and cold water! How is a man of his upbringing and status supposed to live in a hovel like this!?

Akilo Peendar sighs at the whining of his employer.
You're embarrasing yourself again.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-25, 09:38 PM
[A Foul Smelling, Poorly Built Hovel]

Look. Aldern says, turning to his sadly ignorant employee. I am not usually* so annoyed by this man's He points at the inkeeper, and earns a well-deserved glare in return. constant** bumblings in the realm of cuisine. But, as any halfway decent chef ould tell you, tartar sauce doesn't even go with steak!

*A complete and utter lie.

**Another lie, the inkeeper is actually a decent chef.

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 09:44 PM
[A Foul Smelling, Poorly Built Hovel]

Look. Aldern says, turning to his sadly ignorant employee. I am not usually* so annoyed by this man's He points at the inkeeper, and earns a well-deserved glare in return. constant** bumblings in the realm of cuisine. But, as any halfway decent chef ould tell you, tartar sauce doesn't even go with steak!

*A complete and utter lie.

**Another lie, the inkeeper is actually a decent chef.

Akilo looks to the chef, sighing.
I am very sorry. My employer does not tend to be the brightest and most pleasant of people to be around.

Maxios
2011-01-25, 09:47 PM
At that moment, twenty messangers (Including one in the Royal Castle) all take out a letter and read it
"Five villages on the outskirts of the Capitol have been destroyed. None of their occupants have been found."

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-25, 09:54 PM
[Lousy Rotten No Good Overcharging Excuse For A Bed N Breakfast]

Aldern just glares, and, with exaggerated care, pulls his diploma from the College of Free Thinkers from his pack and unrolls it. Then he leans back in his chair, looking smug. Apparently he hasn't caught on to the fact that no one but him really cares.

Viera Champion
2011-01-25, 09:56 PM
[Lousy Rotten No Good Overcharging Excuse For A Bed N Breakfast]

Aldern just glares, and, with exaggerated care, pulls his diploma from the College of Free Thinkers from his pack and unrolls it. Then he leans back in his chair, looking smug. Apparently he hasn't caught on to the fact that no one but him really cares.

Akilo resists the temptation to hit both himself and Aldern.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-25, 10:36 PM
[Inn]

Inndeed. Presumably this arguement continues until Aldern finally stalks off to his room and goes to sleep.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-25, 10:53 PM
Samantha looks around for Maxios.

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 05:53 PM
[Inn]

Inndeed. Presumably this arguement continues until Aldern finally stalks off to his room and goes to sleep.

Akilo shakes his head sighing. He isn't sure how get he got stuck with this guy, nor why he doesn't just quit.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-26, 06:03 PM
[Termite Ridden, God-Awful Den of Stupidity and Bad Food]

Probably because the pay is great. :smallwink:

(Should we timeskip to the next day?)

Maxios
2011-01-26, 06:54 PM
Samantha looks around for Maxios.

Sam will find Maxios in the Great Hall, still eating

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 06:59 PM
A lame but super strong NPC has arranged an audience with Maxios.

Maxios
2011-01-26, 07:00 PM
A lame but super strong NPC has arranged an audience with Maxios.

Maxios sighs. "I'm very popular today." He still has a mouth full of ham

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 07:03 PM
The random NPC warrior dude person guy enters the room. A cage is rolled in behind him. In the cage is this woman (without her weapons of course):
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1101/d21/2300/fcf8543.png
She is chained and shackled of course.

Maxios
2011-01-26, 07:04 PM
The random NPC warrior dude person guy enters the room. A cage is rolled in behind him. In the cage is this woman (without her weapons of course):
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1101/d21/2300/fcf8543.png
She is chained and shackled of course.

"What's going on?" Maxios asks the NPC, confused. "First, I here about the destroyed villages, now this."

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 07:07 PM
I have captured the one who calls herself the Desert Maiden, and am offering her toyou as a gift. Be careful, she is quite the vicious savage.

Maxios
2011-01-26, 07:08 PM
I have captured the one who calls herself the Desert Maiden, and am offering her toyou as a gift. Be careful, she is quite the vicious savage.

Maxios still has an '?' expression on his face

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 07:12 PM
Maxios still has an '?' expression on his face

He sighs and explains.
She's the one who killed any soldier of yours who ever entered the desert...

Maxios
2011-01-26, 07:13 PM
He sighs and explains.
She's the one who killed any soldier of yours who ever entered the desert...

"Ah. That makes sense. Take her to the Royal Judge for her punishment." Maxios says, still eating.

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 07:16 PM
He frowns. He had intended her as a gift for Maxios like he said.

Creed
2011-01-26, 07:17 PM
The small green crystal Exicalflowne insists on Maxios keeping close buzzes, the magi's face appearing in it.
Liege? I have a favor to ask of you. The eyes in the crystal glance around and see the Desert Maiden.
Long day, liege?

Maxios
2011-01-26, 07:17 PM
He frowns. He had intended her as a gift for Maxios like he said.

"What do YOU suggest?" Maxios asks the NPCs. "You were the one who captured her, after all."

To Excaliflowne: "A lot of our villages have been destroyed, and now the Desert Maiden has been captured. What's your question?"

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 07:20 PM
The NPC is about to speak but is then interrupted by the crystal.

Creed
2011-01-26, 07:22 PM
I have located a young man in Padros who seems to exhibit magical potential. I request permission to return with him to Xor to remove him from potential enemy influence. He could devealop into a problem.
Exicalflowne's face fully materializes and turns to face the Desert Maiden.
And as to her, I believe there is an easy answer to that. If I am not mistaken, you have not taken a wife, liege.
Exicalflowne's characteristic calm features don't show if he's poking fun or not.

Maxios
2011-01-26, 07:25 PM
I have located a young man in Padros who seems to exhibit magical potential. I request permission to return with him to Xor to remove him from potential enemy influence. He could devealop into a problem.
Exicalflowne's face fully materializes and turns to face the Desert Maiden.
And as to her, I believe there is an easy answer to that. If I am not mistaken, you have not taken a wife, liege.
Exicalflowne's characteristic calm features don't show if he's poking fun or not.

1. "Bring him here at once."
2. "By the gods man! Are you in a tavern or something?!?"

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 07:30 PM
The NPC is confused by the talking crystal. The Desert Maiden, AKA Felicia Cattail I think... Rolls here eyes...

Creed
2011-01-26, 07:30 PM
1. "Bring him here at once."
2. "By the gods man! Are you in a tavern or something?!?"

As in fact, I am. But that is beside the point, is it not? A king needs a queen, and quite simply our general agressive manner has excluded most elegable bachelorettes. This might give us a signifigant aadvantage when using the desert in the future. There is a possibility of useful materials there. Surely it would be a better sign than excecuting her.

Maxios
2011-01-26, 07:33 PM
As in fact, I am. But that is beside the point, is it not? A king needs a queen, and quite simply our general agressive manner has excluded most elegable bachelorettes. This might give us a signifigant aadvantage when using the desert in the future. There is a possibility of useful materials there. Surely it would be a better sign than excecuting her.

Maxios sighs. "This is not important. What's important is that I have reason to suspect that an army is marching to the Capitol."

Creed
2011-01-26, 07:36 PM
Than having an ally who is as good as a shot as she is fabled to be would be an even greater boon. I believe you are simply evading coming to a conclusion on the matter.
He glances at the others in the room
He charges into the castle of a lich with no hesitation but before marriage, he hesitates! And to those who says he is not wise!

Maxios
2011-01-26, 07:38 PM
Than having an ally who is as good as a shot as she is fabled to be would be an even greater boon. I believe you are simply evading coming to a conclusion on the matter.
He glances at the others in the room
He charges into the castle of a lich with no hesitation but before marriage, he hesitates! And to those who says he is not wise!

Maxios sighs, and rubs his fore-head

Creed
2011-01-26, 07:41 PM
A thin smile spreads across the magi's face.
Well I can't find any greater use for her at this point in time. Why not ask the maiden herself for suggestions. Excecution is probably what she wants at this point...

Maxios
2011-01-26, 07:42 PM
A thin smile spreads across the magi's face.
Well I can't find any greater use for her at this point in time. Why not ask the maiden herself for suggestions. Excecution is probably what she wants at this point...

"I have a plan that always works. Blackmail." Maxios whispers into the crystal

Creed
2011-01-26, 07:45 PM
I don't quite understand the theory behind blackmailing a person we have captured, sire.

Maxios
2011-01-26, 07:45 PM
I don't quite understand the theory behind blackmailing a person we have captured, sire.

Execution or doing a favor for the kingdom. Maxios whispers into the crystal

Creed
2011-01-26, 07:50 PM
Execution or doing a favor for the kingdom. Maxios whispers into the crystal

...I'm still not sure I understand. Allowing some sort of peaceful solution that is agreeable to both parties would set a good example and might provide a non-hostile solution to the Padros Situation.

Maxios
2011-01-26, 07:54 PM
...I'm still not sure I understand. Allowing some sort of peaceful solution that is agreeable to both parties would set a good example and might provide a non-hostile solution to the Padros Situation.

"I have a plan." Maxios says, one last time before putting the crystal back in his pocket

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 07:55 PM
Felicia rolls her eyes.
I can hear every word you say you know...
The fox ears on top of her head twitch.

Maxios
2011-01-26, 08:02 PM
Felicia rolls her eyes.
I can hear every word you say you know...
The fox ears on top of her head twitch.

Maxios sighs. "Let's make a deal."

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 08:14 PM
Maxios sighs. "Let's make a deal."

She glares.
Try me.

Creed
2011-01-26, 09:22 PM
Exicalflowne steps back into his tower from the dark doorway, his new apprentice in tow. He drops his hood, his black hair cascading down his neck.
No place like home.
The study is two stories, the first story an area where tables with tomes are pushed to the edges while the center is a massive, burnt, blank area. A spiral, free-standing, steel staircase leads to the second floor loft where an armchair and a desk are surrounded by rows of books. Off to one side, with only the foot visible from this floor, is a small bed cloistered behind a wall of books.

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 09:28 PM
Kyle looks around.
Impressive...

Creed
2011-01-26, 09:36 PM
Kyle looks around.
Impressive...

Being the High Magus of Xor has it's benefits. Especially when you worked out of a robe a week before. he mutters.

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 09:39 PM
Being the High Magus of Xor has it's benefits. Especially when you worked out of a robe a week before. he mutters.

Fancy title huh?

Creed
2011-01-26, 09:46 PM
Fancy title huh?

One of many. But my apprentices either call me sir or Master Exicalflowne. However different your case, I request you abide by the same standard.
He walks over to a small silver box and shakes it. Something rattles inside.

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 09:52 PM
He frowns.
You wish.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-26, 09:57 PM
If Exicalflowne has a window, an arrow totally hits it/comes through it. With a note. >.>

Creed
2011-01-26, 09:59 PM
There are young men who's rich, prissy families pay real gold for training in this castle. You are getting it for free. I request that you at least follow protocol while in the presence of other apprentices. In private lessons, I care not what you say. My self-image is not the important thing, it's the discipline that the pampered, rich, snobs need. Something that you already have a tad of in your imputent head. If you refuse to bother to slightly conceal that you are a special trainee, the door back is still open.

Creed
2011-01-26, 10:00 PM
If Exicalflowne has a window, an arrow totally hits it/comes through it. With a note. >.>

doubleposted!

Great. he reads said note

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 10:02 PM
There are young men who's rich, prissy families pay real gold for training in this castle. You are getting it for free. I request that you at least follow protocol while in the presence of other apprentices. In private lessons, I care not what you say. My self-image is not the important thing, it's the discipline that the pampered, rich, snobs need. Something that you already have a tad of in your imputent head. If you refuse to bother to slightly conceal that you are a special trainee, the door back is still open.

Kyle sighs.
Fine... But only to teach those rich pricks a lesson.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-26, 10:15 PM
Great. he reads said noteIt reads:

Hey! Listen!
Hey Cal. I'm bored. Find something for me to do.

It is signed with some odd arrangement of dots and letters, forming this: :P

Maxios
2011-01-26, 10:19 PM
She glares.
Try me.

"Simple. You join the Unmchkin Bugbear Guild, or rot in prison." Maxios says

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 10:21 PM
"Simple. You join the Unmchkin Bugbear Guild, or rot in prison." Maxios says

The what now guild?

Maxios
2011-01-26, 10:23 PM
The what now guild?

"The elite team that protects the kingdom." Maxios says. "We need all the help we can get for what's to come."

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 10:29 PM
She sighs.
Fine... But I want a high ranking position, with authority.

Maxios
2011-01-26, 10:31 PM
She sighs.
Fine... But I want a high ranking position, with authority.

"Deal." Maxios says. He then goes back to eating :smallcool:

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 10:33 PM
And what was this I heard about a marriage?
She chuckles at the thought.

Maxios
2011-01-26, 11:01 PM
And what was this I heard about a marriage?
She chuckles at the thought.

"He was joking." Maxios says, stone-faced

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 11:09 PM
"He was joking." Maxios says, stone-faced

She grins.
I dunno, I wouldn't mind being married to a king. Plus, you would never know when I was going to kill you.

Maxios
2011-01-26, 11:10 PM
She grins.
I dunno, I wouldn't mind being married to a king. Plus, you would never know when I was going to kill you.

Maxios sighs. "He. Was. Joking. He's not even married yet! And he's Head Magi of the Kingdom!"

Viera Champion
2011-01-26, 11:25 PM
Maxios sighs. "He. Was. Joking. He's not even married yet! And he's Head Magi of the Kingdom!"

She is very amused.
Touchy aren't we? Mind letting me out of this cage?

Maxios
2011-01-27, 03:27 PM
She is very amused.
Touchy aren't we? Mind letting me out of this cage?

Maxios opens the cage door

Creed
2011-01-27, 05:24 PM
Kyle sighs.
Fine... But only to teach those rich pricks a lesson.

Then it's settled. Are you ready to begin?

It reads:

Hey! Listen!
Hey Cal. I'm bored. Find something for me to do.

It is signed with some odd arrangement of dots and letters, forming this: :P

C'mon up. he writes at the bottom, dropping the arrow out the window.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-27, 05:42 PM
After a while, Cal should hear a knock on his door.

Creed
2011-01-27, 07:10 PM
After a while, Cal should hear a knock on his door.

He opens it, sighing.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-27, 07:13 PM
"Hi Cal!" Samantha says. "How'ya doin'?"

Creed
2011-01-27, 07:17 PM
"Hi Cal!" Samantha says. "How'ya doin'?"

Better than I was. But I still have some internal bleeding problems. he says soberly.

Viera Champion
2011-01-27, 09:07 PM
Maxios opens the cage door

She smiles and step out.
A pity you don't want to marry me. You could have made a handsome puppet.

Then it's settled. Are you ready to begin?

C'mon up. he writes at the bottom, dropping the arrow out the window.

You mean now?

Creed
2011-01-27, 09:10 PM
Why yes now. You're starting late in my book.
Oh, meet Samantha, a dear old friend of mine. She'll be around... frequently.
He walks over to a table and picks up a tome.
So I'm assuming your chosen school of magic is conjuration?

Viera Champion
2011-01-27, 09:16 PM
Well I um... just call it summoning, and I didn't have much of a choice, but otherwise, yes.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-27, 09:19 PM
Samantha waves at Kyle. "Hello small child!" Then she turns to Cal. "Internal bleeding? I heard there was some scroll to fix that somewhere. Maybe on a quest that needs you to leave the castle and I will be forced to assist you, leaving behind the boring castle stuff........>.>"

Creed
2011-01-27, 09:23 PM
Samantha waves at Kyle. "Hello small child!" Then she turns to Cal. "Internal bleeding? I heard there was some scroll to fix that somewhere. Maybe on a quest that needs you to leave the castle and I will be forced to assist you, leaving behind the boring castle stuff........>.>"

I've tried magic. The incident upon retaking the castle involving that fiend has permanately and magically scarred my internal organs beyond repair. And, Samantha, if I didn't know any better I'd say that you were getting tired of being nobility. a sly smile crosses his face.

Well I um... just call it summoning, and I didn't have much of a choice, but otherwise, yes.

Read this then. with a blast of force it flies across the room.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-27, 09:26 PM
"Maybe you're right.....Maybe I'm tired of guarding this castle from a whole lot of sand.......Hypothetically speaking.....I think....." Samantha glances around.

Creed
2011-01-27, 09:28 PM
"Maybe you're right.....Maybe I'm tired of guarding this castle from a whole lot of sand.......Hypothetically speaking.....I think....." Samantha glances around.

Well I got word from the king that our borders are being raided and the Maiden is captured. So maybe things will become more intresting soon.
Cal frowns, then turns towards the window.
Of course, Reaper might have a suggestion for my wounds... but we'd have to travel far to the north to find him.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-27, 09:30 PM
"We should totally go talk to Reaper.......and buy coats....and buy the little one mittens, because those look cute on kiddies."

Viera Champion
2011-01-27, 09:30 PM
There are loud noises coming from the castle. Seems Felicia has already gotten to work training the men she now commands. It's the Desert Maiden in action.

Creed
2011-01-27, 09:34 PM
"We should totally go talk to Reaper.......and buy coats....and buy the little one mittens, because those look cute on kiddies."

Problem is I don't know how he'd react or what defences he has in play.

F.Y.I., the book he through at Grimoire has details of constructing a summoning circle.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-27, 09:36 PM
"Who? The future mitten owner?"

Viera Champion
2011-01-27, 09:37 PM
Problem is I don't know how he'd react or what defences he has in play.

F.Y.I., the book he through at Grimoire has details of constructing a summoning circle.

Kyle flips open the book and begins reading.
Wouldn't having to do this take time?

Creed
2011-01-27, 09:38 PM
"Who? The future mitten owner?"

No, my old teacher. He's a paranoid old bast- he stops himself short.
Anyways, we'd have to fight our way into the tower I bet.

Creed
2011-01-27, 09:40 PM
Kyle flips open the book and begins reading.
Wouldn't having to do this take time?

Yes, but it's more for training than application.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-27, 09:44 PM
No, my old teacher. He's a paranoid old bast- he stops himself short.
Anyways, we'd have to fight our way into the tower I bet."Then we should go! It would be awesome! And we can take mittens with us!" She says, gesturing to Kyle.

Creed
2011-01-27, 09:46 PM
"Then we should go! It would be awesome! And we can take mittens with us!" She says, gesturing to Kyle.

Cal sighs.
Quite simply, I don't like it. The Maiden, given free reign in Xor after slaughtering our soldiers? Maxios took this too simply. She's manipulating him like a child diverting an ant with a looking glass. He's too trusting, that man. And that woman is too stealthy to be caught by some brigand. It's a ploy, I can feel it.

Gimliggamer
2011-01-27, 09:50 PM
Cal sighs.
Quite simply, I don't like it. The Maiden, given free reign in Xor after slaughtering our soldiers? Maxios took this too simply. She's manipulating him like a child diverting an ant with a looking glass. He's too trusting, that man. And that woman is too stealthy to be caught by some brigand. It's a ploy, I can feel it."Maxios should keep a tighter watch on her then......It's an obvious solution, really. He should marry her! I mean seriously, he needs to keep watch on her, and what kind of King doesn't have a Queen? Because thats just weird."

Maxios
2011-01-27, 10:25 PM
Excaliflowne's phone crystal rings
"I've finished my after-lunch feast. I'm bored. Do you have any quests or errands?"

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 05:45 AM
Cal sighs.
Quite simply, I don't like it. The Maiden, given free reign in Xor after slaughtering our soldiers? Maxios took this too simply. She's manipulating him like a child diverting an ant with a looking glass. He's too trusting, that man. And that woman is too stealthy to be caught by some brigand. It's a ploy, I can feel it.

Kyle's eyes shoot up from the book at the mention of the Maiden.
Y-you guys caught the Desert Maiden?

Creed
2011-01-28, 07:33 AM
"Maxios should keep a tighter watch on her then......It's an obvious solution, really. He should marry her! I mean seriously, he needs to keep watch on her, and what kind of King doesn't have a Queen? Because thats just weird."

My thoughts exactly!

"I've finished my after-lunch feast. I'm bored. Do you have any quests or errands?"

Not at this time, sir.

Kyle's eyes shoot up from the book at the mention of the Maiden.
Y-you guys caught the Desert Maiden?

Not us, but someone captured her.

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 07:39 AM
My thoughts exactly!

Not at this time, sir.

Not us, but someone captured her.

B-B-But... That's not possible! She's fabled to be super strong and stuff, like a goddess. Heck, she's just a story parents tell their children.

emi-chan
2011-01-28, 05:05 PM
Lothar enters the city, his cart behind him jangling with protective charms and creaking under the weight of the heavy books in its hold.He had hurried to the city, the rumours of the Desert Maiden were more than enough to pull him from hiding in his dusty shop. He’d sold on the premises in a heartbeat, fixed up the old cart and taken to the road.

Lothar loved stories, being something of a collector and merchant himself, but here was a chance that he might be able to witness a legend. Maybe even be part of it if her was lucky enough. He had been watching the night sky turn darker, and in the anticipation of the night he had heard a commotion in the inn and gone to investigate. Unfortunate, raised voices had always attracted his attention and curiosity.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 06:37 PM
Not at this time, sir.

"Darn. I'm going to the Arena." Maxios says.

He then leaves the castle, and heads to the Arena

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 06:50 PM
There's is a wooshing sound behind Maxios.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 06:55 PM
There's is a wooshing sound behind Maxios.

Maxios turns around

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 06:57 PM
It's Felicia (you know, the Maiden).
Hello darling. Where are you going?

Maxios
2011-01-28, 06:58 PM
It's Felicia (you know, the Maiden).
Hello darling. Where are you going?

"The arena." Maxios says, again walking to the Arena

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 06:59 PM
She follows.
Sounds like fun.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 07:00 PM
"Fighting, in the arena, I should say." Maxios says

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 07:03 PM
I repeat, sounds like fun.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 07:17 PM
They are now at the Arena. Maxios motions for The Maided to enter a door to the left, while he enters a door to the right

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 07:20 PM
She smiles and enters the assigned door.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 07:26 PM
The assigned door leads to stairs. The stairs lead to one of the Viewing Towers, fifty feet off the ground.

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 07:28 PM
She frowns and takes a seat. She wanted to be in the fight.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 07:30 PM
The Tower has a mounted crossbow, for those who want to take a part in the battle, that aren't gladiators.
The Arena itself is flooded to the halfway mark of the Tower. Two Galleons are floating in the arena

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 07:35 PM
She sighs.
This isn't any fun.
She leaps down the stairs and tries to find the entrance to the arena.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 07:37 PM
She sighs.
This isn't any fun.
She leaps down the stairs and tries to find the entrance to the arena.

That will be easy. It's the door Maxios went in

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 07:42 PM
She skips in that door happily humming to herself.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 07:45 PM
She skips in that door happily humming to herself.

Past the door is steps leading up to the Dock. At the dock are chests containing Armor that's enchanted to float in water, various weapons, etc. There are also row-boats that are used to get to the Red Team Galleon

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 07:47 PM
Past the door is steps leading up to the Dock. At the dock are chests containing Armor that's enchanted to float in water, various weapons, etc. There are also row-boats that are used to get to the Red Team Galleon

She smiles and ignores all that stuff. She looks around for Maxios.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 07:51 PM
She smiles and ignores all that stuff. She looks around for Maxios.

He's currently on the Galleon, barking out orders

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 08:01 PM
He's currently on the Galleon, barking out orders

She smiles, and instead of grabbing a rowboat, she dives right into the water, bow strapped to her back. She doesn't seem the least bit worried about getting her bowstring wet (it's magic you see). She is a surprisingly good swimmer for someone who spent most of her life in a desert.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 08:02 PM
She smiles, and instead of grabbing a rowboat, she dives right into the water, bow strapped to her back. She doesn't seem the least bit worried about getting her bowstring wet (it's magic you see). She is a surprisingly good swimmer for someone who spent most of her life in a desert.

There's a ladder on the side of the Galleon that she can climb up

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 08:05 PM
She climbs up the ladder and shakes out her wet hair.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 08:06 PM
She climbs up the ladder and shakes out her wet hair.

The Galleon looks like an average galleon, but with many more Gladiators on board

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 08:10 PM
Gladiators and one distractingly attractive female.:smallwink: She waves to Maxios.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 08:12 PM
Gladiators and one distractingly attractive female.:smallwink: She waves to Maxios.

"How'd you get on board?" Maxios asks, cautiously. He's currently putting a cannonball in a cannon.

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 08:17 PM
I swam.
She says, taking her shirt off and squeezing it out. She doesn't seem to mind being topless, not paying any attention to the hoardes of men around.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 08:18 PM
Maxios doesn't notice. He fires the cannon, and scores a hit against the Blue Galleon, which is now by the side of the Red Galleon.
The other Gladiators do notice, but most go on with their normal activities

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 08:31 PM
Maxios doesn't notice. He fires the cannon, and scores a hit against the Blue Galleon, which is now by the side of the Red Galleon.
The other Gladiators do notice, but most go on with their normal activities

She puts her shirt back on and draws her bow.
This is gonna fun.
She puts an arrow in and looses it. Wherever the arrow strikes will explode.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 08:33 PM
A cannon from the Blue Team hits the Red Galleon, right by Maxios. The cannon he was near flies off the boat, and so does a good chunk of the floor. Maxios meanwhile, was sent flying backwards, cursing

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 08:39 PM
Felicia quickly positions herself in front of Maxios protectively. She launches of more explosive arrows.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 08:45 PM
The Blue Galleon is struck by the arrows, and now has several large arrows.

Maxios gets back up on his feet, and runs to the nearest cannon

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 08:52 PM
She shoots a couple fire arrows too, trying to set the enemy ship on fire.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 08:54 PM
She shoots a couple fire arrows too, trying to set the enemy ship on fire.

One of the fire arrow misses. The other lands on a cannon, and blows it up (along with a couple other cannons). Now, there's a huge hole on the floor of the Blue Galleon

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 09:02 PM
She grins, clearly proud of herself.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 09:02 PM
A boarding plank is set down, and Blue team gladiators run onto the Red Team Deck.
Maxios begins dueling a Blue Gladiator

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 09:06 PM
A boarding plank is set down, and Blue team gladiators run onto the Red Team Deck.
Maxios begins dueling a Blue Gladiator

Felicia pulls out her daggers and begins slashing left and right.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 09:12 PM
A nearby mage gladiator casts a spell on the dagger. Felicia should realize that the spell is only so that the dagger doesn't kill anybody. The spell will go away after the battle is over
It's a non-lethal arena (So that way, they don't ever have to hire new gladiators)

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 09:15 PM
A nearby mage gladiator casts a spell on the dagger. Felicia should realize that the spell is only so that the dagger doesn't kill anybody. The spell will go away after the battle is over
It's a non-lethal arena (So that way, they don't ever have to hire new gladiators)

She sighs and continues slashing.
It's no fun without the risk.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 09:17 PM
Cue a bunch of clerics appearing in the stands, and the weapons becoming normal again :smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 09:21 PM
The whole time she is fighting, she mantains a very close proximity to Maxios.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 09:23 PM
Maxios is whistling happily, and is dueling three Gladiators at once

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 09:31 PM
Felicia is very graceful as she fights. All her attacks and dodges are very flowing.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 09:34 PM
Maxios isn't really graceful. When he fights, he'll do nearly anything to win

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 09:38 PM
For Felicia fighting isn't a competition but a game, it only exists for her amusement. At least now that she has nothing to fight for, since the desert was taken from her. She's searching for a new reason to fight for.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 09:39 PM
Maxios thinks of this as a way to get rid of pent-up aggresions. And he gets bored easily

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 09:42 PM
Maxios thinks of this as a way to get rid of pent-up aggresions. And he gets bored easily

Felicia continues fighting until the battle is over.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 09:42 PM
That takes a very long time. Halfway through, Maxios is hit on the leg, and falls on his knees.

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 09:49 PM
Felicia is immediately next to him, attacking anyone who gets to close.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 09:52 PM
Felicia is immediately next to him, attacking anyone who gets to close.

That means she has to fight five guys at once

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 09:56 PM
And so she does, slashing, jabbing, kicking, anything to keep them away.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 09:57 PM
Being cannon fodder, they go down easily

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 10:03 PM
She let's out a pant when she's done.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-28, 10:08 PM
[Inn]

The next morning, Aldern departs from the inn and begins the trek towards the city of Xor, his bodygaurd presumably following.

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 10:14 PM
Akilo is following him, hand constantly on sword.

Creed
2011-01-28, 10:18 PM
B-B-But... That's not possible! She's fabled to be super strong and stuff, like a goddess. Heck, she's just a story parents tell their children.

Well she's in the castle somewhere.

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 10:21 PM
Well she's in the castle somewhere.

Th-that is amazing! And you said she was gonna marry the king?

Maxios
2011-01-28, 10:39 PM
She let's out a pant when she's done.

"Good job." Maxios says, bandaging his leg

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 10:42 PM
She smiles.
Glad I could help you.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 10:50 PM
She smiles.
Glad I could help you.

"Same here." Maxios says, getting back up. He swims back to the docks, and motions for her to follow

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 10:52 PM
She swims over to the docks too and climbs out of the water.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 10:56 PM
Maxios will head back to the castle

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-28, 10:56 PM
[On the Road]

I can't wait to get to Xor. At last, civilization and decent meals. Still can't believe I had to pay for that steak. Aldern says, stopping every few seconds to pull a rock out of his shoe.

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 11:06 PM
Maxios will head back to the castle

Felicia follows after him.

[On the Road]

I can't wait to get to Xor. At last, civilization and decent meals. Still can't believe I had to pay for that steak. Aldern says, stopping every few seconds to pull a rock out of his shoe.

I can't believe we didn't get kicked out because of you.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 11:07 PM
In the castle, Maxios eats his "After-Heroics-but-before-Dinner" Feast.

This guy eats five feasts a day :smalleek:

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 11:18 PM
Felicia watches him, interested. She studies his every action.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 11:20 PM
His every action currently consists of eating ham, corn, and mashed potatoes

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 11:24 PM
It certainly seems to fascinate her.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 11:28 PM
It certainly seems to fascinate her.

"Aren't you hungry?" Maxios asks her

Viera Champion
2011-01-28, 11:30 PM
She shakes her head.
Nope, I'm quite alright.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-28, 11:43 PM
[On the Road]

You underestimate my powers of persuasion and winning charm. Aldern says smugly.

..... Is he serious?:smallconfused:

That oaf of an inkeeper knew he was in the wrong, no matter how much he pretended otherwise. He wouldn't have dared kick us out.

It appears he is.:smalleek:

Creed
2011-01-28, 11:44 PM
Th-that is amazing! And you said she was gonna marry the king?

It's pending. Exicalflowne throws him a piece of chalk.
Now get to work making a suppression circle on the floor here! Don't worry about things that are yet to concern you.

Maxios
2011-01-28, 11:51 PM
She shakes her head.
Nope, I'm quite alright.

"OK then." Maxios says, and goes back to eating. "After this, I'll give you the tour."

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 12:00 AM
[On the Road]

You underestimate my powers of persuasion and winning charm. Aldern says smugly.

..... Is he serious?:smallconfused:

That oaf of an inkeeper knew he was in the wrong, no matter how much he pretended otherwise. He wouldn't have dared kick us out.

It appears he is.:smalleek:

Akilo rolls his eyes.

It's pending. Exicalflowne throws him a piece of chalk.
Now get to work making a suppression circle on the floor here! Don't worry about things that are yet to concern you.

He sighs and gets to work on the circle.
Excuuuusssseeee me.

"OK then." Maxios says, and goes back to eating. "After this, I'll give you the tour."

She smiles.
I'm looking forward to it.

Creed
2011-01-29, 12:04 AM
Akilo rolls his eyes.

Excuuuusssseeee me.

She smiles.

You're excused. he says sarcastically.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 12:04 AM
Akilo rolls his eyes.

Excuuuusssseeee me.

She smiles.

Maxios finishes eating, and gives her the tour. He shows her the Throne Room, the Dungeon, the Treasury, the Kitchen, the Bathrooms, his room, the armory, and an empty dormitory she can use as her room

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 12:08 AM
Maxios finishes eating, and gives her the tour. He shows her the Throne Room, the Dungeon, the Treasury, the Kitchen, the Bathrooms, his room, the armory, and an empty dormitory she can use as her room

Nice place you got here.
-------
Kyle grumbles.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 12:11 AM
Nice place you got here.
-------
Kyle grumbles.

"Thanks." Maxios says, smiling

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 12:18 AM
"Thanks." Maxios says, smiling

What's it like being a king?

Creed
2011-01-29, 12:18 AM
Nice place you got here.
-------
Kyle grumbles.

Get over it. I'm training you for free.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 12:20 AM
Get over it. I'm training you for free.

*Grumble grumble* Fine...

Maxios
2011-01-29, 12:22 AM
What's it like being a king?

"Good. I get all the gold and feasts I want, only at the cost of an assination attempt every couple weeks." Maxios says. It's hard to tell if he's joking

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 12:25 AM
"Good. I get all the gold and feasts I want, only at the cost of an assination attempt every couple weeks." Maxios says. It's hard to tell if he's joking

Either way, her answer is the same.
I suppose that's why I'm here then, to cut out the assassination attempts. It seems like a boring existence though. My only purpose being to protect someone I don't even have any personal connection to.

Creed
2011-01-29, 12:25 AM
*Grumble grumble* Fine...

He smiles and chuckles.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 12:27 AM
[On the Road]

Within a few hours, they should reach Xor. A few hours of constant. Endless. Complaining.

Once they reach Xor though, Aldern cheers up, and heads for the nearest four star eatery. Now, first things first. We're getting some decent food, and then I'm talking to the king.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 12:28 AM
Either way, her answer is the same.
I suppose that's why I'm here then, to cut out the assassination attempts. It seems like a boring existence though. My only purpose being to protect someone I don't even have any personal connection to.

"Okay. You are now my personal body-guard." Maxios tells her. "The last one fled, after someone moron let wyrms loose in the castle."

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 12:40 AM
Wyrms... Shmyrms... That's nothing.
-------
How haven't I killed myself?
-------
Kyle finishes the circle.

Creed
2011-01-29, 12:41 AM
Alright then. Summon your baddest baddie. Let's see.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 12:42 AM
Wyrms... Shmyrms... That's nothing.
-------
How haven't I killed myself?
-------
Kyle finishes the circle.

"Good." Maxios says. He then proceeds to go the Treasury

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 12:43 AM
Musn't forget he can summon creatures for more than just desctruction. Like healing monsters and such.
He concentrates, beginning to sweat. Xeta the faerie glows and a humongous red dragon appears.
-------
Felicia follows.

Creed
2011-01-29, 12:46 AM
Musn't forget he can summon creatures for more than just desctruction. Like healing monsters and such.
He concentrates, beginning to sweat. Xeta the faerie glows and a humongous red dragon appears.

Not bad. Exicalflowne makes a crushing motion and the supression circle slowly slides in on itself, crushing the dragon into a sliver, which he sucks through a small portal.
Not bad at all, kid. You should be drained soon, so you should get some rest. Read some, then get to bed. You can sleep in the room one floor down.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 12:58 AM
Kyle nods and heads off to get some rest.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 12:58 AM
-------
Felicia follows.

Maxios grabs a bag that has 10,000 GP, and gives it to her. "That's your pay for this month."

Creed
2011-01-29, 01:05 AM
Exicalflowne closes the door behind him and climbs up to the second floor, sitting down behind his desk and grapping a sheaf of paper.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 01:09 AM
She takes the money.
You know I'd like to meet this wizard friend of yours.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 01:12 AM
She takes the money.
You know I'd like to meet this wizard friend of yours.

"You mean the one who made the joke of me marrying you? I have a lot of wizard friends, you know." Maxios says, smiling

DEADTIME

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 08:14 AM
"You mean the one who made the joke of me marrying you? I have a lot of wizard friends, you know." Maxios says, smiling

DEADTIME

Hmmm... Yes he was joking... Right, right... Of course. Anyways, he IS the only wizard friend that I know.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 12:16 PM
"I'll let him know." Maxios says

Creed
2011-01-29, 12:24 PM
"I'll let him know." Maxios says

Yes? he answers

Maxios
2011-01-29, 12:25 PM
Yes? he answers

"The Maiden wants to see you." Maxios says

Creed
2011-01-29, 12:39 PM
Exicalflowne sighs and steps out the window, walking into the room that Maxios and the maiden are in moments later.
This better be important

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 12:43 PM
I have a name you know. It's Felicia.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 12:47 PM
[Eatery]

Needless to say, if all goes well, you'll be getting a substantial raise. Aldern says, ordering steak tartare.

Creed
2011-01-29, 12:48 PM
Yes? You called me down to tell me your name? he seems annoyed.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 12:52 PM
Yes? You called me down to tell me your name? he seems annoyed.

She grins at him, knowing all to well she interupted whatever he was doing for no apparent reason.
Don't be silly. I just thought I should meet the right hand man of the person I am to be personally protecting.
--------
Lovely.

Creed
2011-01-29, 12:54 PM
Not neccessarily right hand, but I'm an associate of the king.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 12:56 PM
Not neccessarily right hand, but I'm an associate of the king.

Right hand as far as I've seen, then.

Creed
2011-01-29, 01:00 PM
Right hand as far as I've seen, then.

Is there going to be anything else, milady? he says, exasperation creeping into his voice.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 01:02 PM
Is there going to be anything else, milady? he says, exasperation creeping into his voice.

She smiles.
Of course not, you may leave now.

Creed
2011-01-29, 01:10 PM
He walks out.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 01:19 PM
Maxios undeadtimes.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 01:27 PM
[Eatery]

Well, with any luck this King Maxios will have the common sense to know a genius when he sees one, and if he does, my employment is all but insured. Aldern says, inspecting his meal for tartar sauce and, finding none, digging in.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 01:46 PM
[Eatery]

Well, with any luck this King Maxios will have the common sense to know a genius when he sees one, and if he does, my employment is all but insured. Aldern says, inspecting his meal for tartar sauce and, finding none, digging in.

If he doesn't kick you out of the kingdom first. You should try to talk as little as possible when you are with him.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 04:45 PM
[Eatery]

Akilo, once again your poor education shows through. I am a scholar, and obviously, anyone capable of obtaining the rank of king is as well, and we men of learning value good conversation above nearly everything.
I would not he surprised if I'm asked to be a royal advisor. I am the greatest visionary of our time, after all. Aldern says, between bites of steak.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 04:50 PM
[Eatery]

Akilo, once again your poor education shows through. I am a scholar, and obviously, anyone capable of obtaining the rank of king is as well, and we men of learning value good conversation above nearly everything.
I would not he surprised if I'm asked to be a royal advisor. I am the greatest visionary of our time, after all. Aldern says, between bites of steak.

Akilo's eyes narrow.
Are you calling me stupid. Let me remind you who has BOTH the swords in this relationship.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 05:01 PM
[Eatery]

Aldern sighs. No Akilo, were you stupid, I wouldn't have hired you. Certainly, you're more intelligent than most people. Sadly, the simple truth of the matter is that most people are simply uneducated, which they can hardly be blamed for, and no matter how smart or dumb they are, know practically nothing. And you, like most, do not understand the ways of scholars like myself.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 05:02 PM
[Eatery]

Aldern sighs. No Akilo, were you stupid, I wouldn't have hired you. Certainly, you're more intelligent than most people. Sadly, the simple truth of the matter is that most people are simply uneducated, which they can hardly be blamed for, and no matter how smart or dumb they are, know practically nothing. And you, like most, do not understand the ways of scholars like myself.

Akilo hits his head very hard on a table.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 05:41 PM
[Eatery]

You know, I believe I will request that the king starts a decent education system in this country. Even a small amount of knowledge would benefit these people.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 05:47 PM
[Eatery]

You know, I believe I will request that the king starts a decent education system in this country. Even a small amount of knowledge would benefit these people.

Akilo sighs exasperatedly and rolls his eyes.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 07:26 PM
[Eatery]

Well, let us go request an audience with the king.. Aldern says, finishing his steak and leaving payment on the table before walking out of the eatery and towards the castle.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 07:27 PM
Maxios is currently on his throne

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 07:31 PM
[Eatery]

Well, let us go request an audience with the king.. Aldern says, finishing his steak and leaving payment on the table before walking out of the eatery and towards the castle.

Akilo follows him.

Maxios is currently on his throne

Felicia is standing beside him, trying to make idol chit chat.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 07:52 PM
Akilo follows him.

Felicia is standing beside him, trying to make idol chit chat.

Maxios is making chit-chat back

Creed
2011-01-29, 07:54 PM
Exicalflowne is sitting at his desk, reading.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 07:57 PM
Aldern walks up to the front gate of the castle, and asks the first person he sees. How do I get an appointment to see the king?

Maxios
2011-01-29, 08:01 PM
Aldern walks up to the front gate of the castle, and asks the first person he sees. How do I get an appointment to see the king?

"You walk in. Simple as that." the guard replies

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 08:09 PM
Akilo sighs. He is already through the gate.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 08:11 PM
Ah, an open door policy. How fascinating. Aldern aays, and heads inside, looking for someone who looks wise and king-ish.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 08:13 PM
Akilo points to the castle.
The king will be in there Al.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 08:13 PM
Ah, an open door policy. How fascinating. Aldern aays, and heads inside, looking for someone who looks wise and king-ish.

The great wise king is currently sitting on a solid gold throne, eating a churro :smallcool:

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 08:15 PM
The great wise king is currently sitting on a solid gold throne, eating a churro :smallcool:

And the much wiser Desert Maiden is standing next to him.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 08:31 PM
And the much wiser Desert Maiden is standing next to him.

Maxios is very wise! He has to be, in order to survive multiple assasination attempts!

:smallcool:

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 08:35 PM
Ahem. Lord Maxios. I am Aldern Heinrich, scholar of great fame. I was, until recently, a professor at the Institute of High Thinking, and the best known of any of that select group. I am here to offer my knowledge as an advisor to the throne, and to voice a number of suggestions for the improvement of the realm. Aldern says, smoothing back his hair as he speaks pompously.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 08:40 PM
Ahem. Lord Maxios. I am Aldern Heinrich, scholar of great fame. I was, until recently, a professor at the Institute of High Thinking, and the best known of any of that select group. I am here to offer my knowledge as an advisor to the throne, and to voice a number of suggestions for the improvement of the realm. Aldern says, smoothing back his hair as he speaks pompously.

"Do you have any specialities? Like being a doctor, or magic, or something?" Maxios asks.

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 08:55 PM
Felicia gives a start as she sees Akilo.
Akilo! Hey buddy! You working for another rich oaf huh?

You know it. What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in the desert being the Desert Maiden?

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-29, 08:58 PM
There is little I do not specialize in. I ak one of the greatest minds of our time.

Maxios
2011-01-29, 09:30 PM
There is little I do not specialize in. I ak one of the greatest minds of our time.

"Then tell me one of your discoveries. It can be anything." Maxios says

Viera Champion
2011-01-29, 09:57 PM
Akilo taps Aldern on the shoulder.
I thought you would be excited to meet the Desert Maiden.

Maxios
2011-01-30, 06:57 PM
Maxios is sitting at the throne. "You know this guy?" he asks the Maiden

Viera Champion
2011-01-30, 07:15 PM
Maxios is sitting at the throne. "You know this guy?" he asks the Maiden

She nods.
My tribe of desert nomads found him abandoned in the desert when I was a small child. We took him in, and he was basically my older brother.

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-30, 07:22 PM
The Desert Maiden? Seriously? Thought that was just a rumor. Aldern says, looking curiously at the Maiden, then turning back to the king. Well, what I am best known for is the Theory of Multiparvus Morbus, which disproves the outdated theory about goblins and demons being the cause of sickness. Quite simply, look around you. There is, obviously, tiny objects in the air, commonly refered to as dust. Well, maybe there isn't much dust here, but most places, and it doesn't really matter. The point is that I have proven that hidden along with the dust are the Multiparvus Morbus, tiny beings that feed upon vital elements within our bodies whem inhaled. This feeding is the cause of poor health and disease.

Maxios
2011-01-30, 07:40 PM
1. "That makes sense." Maxios tells the Maiden.

2. "I've heard that theory before. There's an opening for Court Doctor, if you're interested."

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-30, 07:44 PM
Well, as I invented the theory, of course it became popular. But, I am no doctor. I am a scholar, I work with theory and discovery. All that mucking about with blood is disgusting.

Viera Champion
2011-01-30, 07:50 PM
Akilo rolls his eyes.
You'll regret taking him in. I promise you that you'll will be tearing your ears off before the day is through.

Maxios
2011-01-30, 07:58 PM
"You're hired." Maxios tells Aldern.

"I disagree. I think this will work out fine." Maxios tells Akilo

Viera Champion
2011-01-30, 08:07 PM
Felicia smiles at Maxios.
So how close are the approaching invaders?

ThirdEmperor
2011-01-30, 08:13 PM
Thank you your highness. Might I ask what I'll be payed- Wait, invaders?!

Maxios
2011-01-30, 08:24 PM
"About a week away." Maxios tells Felicia.

To Aldern: "Just an army of bloodthirsty foreigners. Nothing that I can't handle."

Viera Champion
2011-01-30, 08:49 PM
"About a week away." Maxios tells Felicia.

To Aldern: "Just an army of bloodthirsty foreigners. Nothing that I can't handle."

I could gather a force of our troops and take them out before they get within two days of here.

Maxios
2011-01-30, 09:08 PM
I could gather a force of our troops and take them out before they get within two days of here.

"That won't work. I've installed double walls around the city, meaning that as soon as the enemies get thorugh one wall, they have to go through another. I've placed traps all around the exterior of the city. We'll have less losses if we fight here." Maxios says, calmly.

Viera Champion
2011-01-30, 09:26 PM
"That won't work. I've installed double walls around the city, meaning that as soon as the enemies get thorugh one wall, they have to go through another. I've placed traps all around the exterior of the city. We'll have less losses if we fight here." Maxios says, calmly.

I was planning on NO losses.

Maxios
2011-01-30, 09:41 PM
I was planning on NO losses.

"Trust me." Maxios says calmly. "I have a plan."

Viera Champion
2011-01-30, 09:43 PM
"Trust me." Maxios says calmly. "I have a plan."

She sighs.
I suppose as long as I know YOU'RE safe I can rest easy.