PDA

View Full Version : Flags for my Campaign

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-01-25, 10:37 PM
Hey all, was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me out?

Have a number of locales in my world that I've been trying to draw up but not been having much luck. I'd give you full credit in my setting thread, which you can see in my signature.

Choice samples of flags I'd like done:

Licc
In their banners, art and symbols, Licc has displayed a black or dark red background with a jagged, many-pointed star-like pattern of white or yellow with streaking lines ending in irregular circles towards the bottom.

Chaunelfiel
The crest of Chaunelfiel is a gray shovel and a white ice-cycle crossed above a green grape leaf and/or cluster of light blue grapes.

Longhouse
Longhouse flies a white flag with redwood tree growing in the middle of it. On one side of the trunk is a circle of mushrooms. On the other sits a lantern with a luna moth floating above it. Behind these and the tree flows a twisting vermilion stream.

Savannah
2011-01-26, 03:54 AM
I was bored and started messing around:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5017/liccflag.png

Then I realized I may have misinterpreted

a jagged, many-pointed star-like pattern of white or yellow

and I have no idea what you mean by

streaking lines ending in irregular circles towards the bottom.

But I figured I'd post it anyway and get clarification on the other bits if you want me to try again :smalltongue:

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-01-26, 12:10 PM
But I figured I'd post it anyway and get clarification on the other bits if you want me to try again :smalltongue:
Well, you're on the right track. Think almost Star of Bethlehem going on. It'd be smaller and to the top of the flag, with rays shooting down.

You got the star about right, but if possible more... sharp/edgy looking?

Thanks for making a go :smallcool:

licoot
2011-01-26, 02:57 PM
do you mind if when we have a go we simplify them a bit they all seem to intricate for flags

The Vorpal Tribble
2011-01-26, 03:16 PM
do you mind if when we have a go we simplify them a bit they all seem to intricate for flags
Suppose you could, y'all are volunteers and all, but why would they be too intricate?

Longhouse
I made a crappy one in a couple minutes that had everything. Simplified tall, thin tree, circle of mushrooms (which are only half-circles with a stem), lantern (cylinder with lines) with green moth, and a curvy red streak in the back.

Chaunelfiel
Icicle and shovel outlines are pretty easy, and a cluster of grapes are just circles.

yldenfrei
2011-01-26, 05:24 PM
@The Vorpal Tribble: Post your drawings of them, even if only roughly. At least we'll get a sense of spacing of the symbols and the color scheme.

I'm interested in making one or two. :smallbiggrin:

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-26, 06:05 PM
I'm also willing to make one, but I can't really picture it from the descriptions so your sketches would help A LOT.

@The Vorpal Tribble: Post your drawings of them, even if only roughly. At least we'll get a sense of spacing of the symbols and the color scheme.

I'm interested in making one or two. :smallbiggrin:

yldenfrei, you are back in the Arts and Crafts forum!