PDA

View Full Version : Commoner Game Group 1

Bridgar
2011-01-29, 09:59 PM
OOC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185360)

It's still technically Saturday. :smallbiggrin:

{table=head]
Player|
Character|
Race|
Profession|
Notes|
Lizard Lord|Glib the failed Kobold (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=269951)|Kobold|Miner/Trapmaker|Good explanation on your status as a kobold in a human village :smallbiggrin:|
dragonsamurai77|Thokk, the village blacksmith (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=269938)|Orc|Blacksmith|You'r e good now :smallbiggrin:|
RaggedAngel|Steve the crossbow shooting wonder (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=270090)|Human|Hunter|"No, Steve is simply himself, and he thinks that the world is his for the taking." :smallbiggrin:|
Cespenar|Stanley Shortfingers (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=270299)|Halfling|Pickpocket| Looks good :smallbiggrin:|
[/table]

Bridgar
2011-01-29, 10:54 PM
Until now, you've lived a life of pure monotony. You've seen the same boring peasants every day of your life. You've also seen the same boring scenery every day of your life. You've lived with your three companions on an anarcho-syndicalist commune farm all your life. Your ASCF (for short) is a rather two room, 50 square foot shack sitting on a plot of land roughly half an acre in size. The only reason you were granted so much land is that half of your land is filled by the local dung heap. The two rooms of your hut are your kitchen and your all purpose room. The kitchen has in it a bucket for relieving yourself and for collecting water from the local stream, a rusty and dull knife for chopping food, and a single pot hanging over a fire pit. The all purpose room has four body-length rags for sleeping under, an entryway (which is just a hole in the wall of sticks and the occasional board), and the only chair in the house (which is small, uncomfortable, and breaks often). You need not worry about lighting in your house, as the thatched roof is so thin and in need of repair that the full light of day penetrates into your place of dwelling.

Once a month, you go to the nearby village of Generiton to sell your wares and once a year, you actually buy something that the group decides on with your savings. Glib sells rat traps and little gems he's found in his diggings. Thokk sells links for broken chains, nails, and low-quality horseshoes. Steve sells squirrel pelts and the occasional rabbit pelt. Stanley goes to sell the minimal surplus food that you grow on the farm and to pick the opportune pocket. You don't make much money doing this and often you just barely break even with expenses. The "You're Alive, Aren't You" tax is rather high and you struggle to meet the simple demands of the mayor of Generiton. All of you have spent at least a few weeks or so in the local jail (for "tax evasion") which is somehow worse than your already horrible living conditions.

The past few days haven't strayed from the norm at all and tomorrow is the big day of the year. You've stored up a surplus of four ears of corn, two beets, and fifteen mud pies (your specialty at the tavern in Generiton, you can imagine what they're made of). Glib has three rat traps and the bloodstone he discovered on the day that he left his people. Thokk has made two nails out of scraps of metal that he's hammered into a state of semi-sharpness and his prized 10 feet of steel chain. Steve has two rotting squirrel pelts and his treasured pristine stuffed rabbit. Stanley has stashed away his inheritance of 20 gp and has openly shown the 20 copper, 5 silver, and 2 gold that he's picked on his last trip. You go to bed thinking of the things you've seen in town that strike your fancy. You finally escape the horrid conditions of your terrible life while you dream. Little do you know that your illusion of happiness will soon be shattered.

Make 3 fort saves and then a listen check.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-01-30, 01:37 AM
Int 6 or less

You feel bad for having done "tax evasion", even though you're not quite sure exactly what that is. Your local mayor is a man to look up to, or so the signs say. Of course, you can't really think of anything that isn't on signs, or told to you by the local guards during your weekly beatings.

6-10

You don't feel bad about what's happening. Your mayor's kind of a jerk, cause he beats you for no reason. You've heard about rebels in the nation of Felldark, but aren't quite sure if anything is happening. Your stint in the jail for "tax evasion" has left you bitter against your local mayor, and even above him, your local lord.

11-14

Your local mayor is just a puppet, with the lord overseeing several mayors and rigging the elections. You hear of the rebels of Felldark, but aren't quite sure they aren't up to something. Occasionally, a poster talking about "True Democracy in Felldark! All people's rebel! The Felldarkian King will save you!". It almost sounds too good to be true.

15-17

Your nation, the nation of Darkfell, is horrible. The "King" is really just a dictator, your mayors are rigged, the lords that rule over them are fat and corrupt, and the war against Felldark will never end. Ever.

dragonsamurai77
2011-01-30, 12:47 PM
Saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
Listen:
[roll3]

Halna LeGavilk
2011-01-30, 07:23 PM
Steve

You lie in a pool of.... well, you lie in a pool of foul smelling liquid. Suffice it to say, you have dysentery. However, luckily for you, your other diseases prevent you from going conscious at the bump in the night! Yaaaaay!
Also, you take:
[roll0] Con damage
[roll1] Dex damage
[roll2] Str damage

Glib

Glib wakes up to the rank smell of the house. The dysentery was bad this season, though the tetanus cramping your muscles prevents you from actually going everywhere, the uncontrollable shivering and shaking you are doing might just shake it loose. Ew.
You take
[roll3] Con damage
[roll4] Dex damage
[roll5] Str damage

Stanley

Stanley, you wake up to the sound, shivering violently. Which is weird, considering its the middle of summer and the dung heap cranks the humidity dial up to eleven. Seriously, its sentient and has a humidity dial. Don't mess with it.
You take
[roll6] Str damage

Thokk

Thokk wakes up, shivering violently. Your first instinct is to cuddle with the other members of your anarcho-syndicalist commune, but, however, you aren't exactly known for your instincts, seeing as how they usually lead you to near death.
You tak4e
[roll7] Str damage

Everyone who wakes up (coughcoughStevecoughcough) quickly realizes that the sound is coming from the door. The loud thumping is either the local tax collector or the local "tax collector", both of which take your money and beat you up. However, your blood quickly chills when you hear "Ol'right, wot wot, you chaps need to be openin' this door up, right'n'quick then, wot. Your hear me, chaps? 'Tis the local constabulary, and you betta' open up or someone'll be eatin' mud pies again, wot."

It's the local constable. A mean, vicious Brit, er, brute, he is the guy who enforces the tax collection and the "tax collection". He's beaten you on plenty of occasions, though he probably doesn't recognize you, what with you being filthy peasants and all.

What do you do?

RaggedAngel
2011-01-30, 08:51 PM
Steve dreams of shooting fireballs at his enemies while his mighty bear-armies destroy and pilliage.

He rolls over, smearing his face into the filth, and remains asleep.

Lizard Lord
2011-01-30, 09:30 PM
"Er...could someone else get that? I seem to have caught tetanus....again." Glib says almost nonchalantly as he tries, and fails, to move.

Cespenar
2011-01-31, 05:32 AM
Stanley curses under his breath as he realizes who had come.

"No!" he hisses. "They'll take our rightful earnings. Again."

He takes his head between his hands as he tries to think a way out of this.

"Uh, and, is someone gonna wake up Steve?"

Lizard Lord
2011-02-01, 01:43 PM
Glib sighs. "If we don't open it, they will break down our door, beat us up, and take our earnings. At least this way we keep our door.

Let Steve sleep. They might not beat him up if he stays asleep."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-01, 04:30 PM
You hear from outside the door:"Wot's this? Someone's asleep? Nope, he'll get beaten harder, wot wot. Open up in there!" The pounding on the door increases.

dragonsamurai77
2011-02-01, 04:34 PM
I've got it.

Thokk lumbers up to the door, using a spear as a walking stick, and opens it.

How much this time? Excuse me for being a bit slow, I'm feeling weak tonight.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-01, 04:49 PM
The constable's mustache twitches slighty. "Wot, ol'right then, you're all under arrest. Crimes Against Democracy, as it is."

dragonsamurai77
2011-02-01, 04:53 PM
The constable's mustache twitches slighty. "Wot, ol'right then, you're all under arrest. Crimes Against Democracy, as it is."

Democracy?

The giant orc snorts.

Not much choice, I guess. Let me just grab my mule.

Thokk whistles, and Longears comes running.

Alright everyone, get up.

Thokk turns back to the constable.

So, what did we do, exactly? You probably won't tell me, but I have to ask, anyway. Let's go.

Cespenar
2011-02-01, 06:07 PM
Stanley tries to scurry away to a side when no one is looking, and hide behind the open door, hoping that he won't be seen in the dark of the night.

Lizard Lord
2011-02-01, 07:10 PM
Crimes against democracy? What nonsense is this all about?

"Well, someone will have to carry me. Too sick to move, you see."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-01, 08:01 PM
The constable laughed. "Carry you, wot? No, you'll just be killed."

RaggedAngel
2011-02-01, 08:35 PM
Steve wakes up. He is dirty, and smelly, and his stomach hurts, and he can hear that Vecna-cursed constable.

He sits up, and looks at the room. He and his buddies are being arrested, again. And Steve is going to be beaten, again.

"Screw this." Steve picks up his crossbow, which he brilliantly keeps loaded (and it has, indeed, misfired before) next to him. He ignores everyone's reaction. "I'm frickin' tired of this. Screw you." He says, pointing the bow at the constable.

He shoots.

Attack: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Don't blame RaggedAngel. Blame Steve. He made me do it.

By the way, he's evil. Not like, horribly evil, but just kind of an douchbag. He leans neutral, really, but evil fits him better.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-01, 08:38 PM
The constable sighs as the bolt bounces off of him. "Wot, wot? Really? Well, then its time to die."

OOC: Everyone roll initiative.

dragonsamurai77
2011-02-01, 09:07 PM
As much as I hate you, I never wished to fight you. I'm sorry.

Longears snorts aggressively as Thokk picks up his spear.

Thokk: [roll0]
Longears: [roll1]

Lizard Lord
2011-02-01, 09:58 PM
"I'd say take him alive so that we may figure out why we are being framed for treason, but given our chances I will settle for just us staying alive." Glib says pessimistically as he lies helplessly on his bed.

"I'm afraid all I can do is provide moral support. So...go team go."

Bridgar
2011-02-02, 09:26 PM
OOC: Sorry, I'm an idiot. I was waiting for the 4th init but he's not rolling. Sorry, everyone. :smallredface:

Init, wot wot:[roll0]

Bridgar
2011-02-02, 09:36 PM
Assuming Cespenar spends the entire round hiding since he didn't roll init and rolled hide.

Thokk, you're up.

Cespenar
2011-02-03, 05:45 AM
Stanley, both afraid and curious about what's going on, gets his head behind the door and manages to have a brief look. He unbinds the sling from his belt and wields it, though it seems he doesn't quite know what to do yet.

I rolled for initiative. The last roll in the OOC thread was for initiative. My Hide roll is like 10 posts before that.

Bridgar
2011-02-03, 06:34 AM
Stanley, both afraid and curious about what's going on, gets his head behind the door and manages to have a brief look. He unbinds the sling from his belt and wields it, though it seems he doesn't quite know what to do yet.

I rolled for initiative. The last roll in the OOC thread was for initiative. My Hide roll is like 10 posts before that.

Ah, yes. You should label your roles from now on. Thokk is still up.

dragonsamurai77
2011-02-03, 02:33 PM
Thokk stabs the constable with his spear.

[roll0]
[roll1]

On Longears' turn:

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Bridgar
2011-02-03, 03:00 PM
Your spear slices through his leather sleeve and grazes his skin. He appears unharmed.

"Nice shot... for a worthless little bugger."
The constable swings his longsword at Thokk.

[roll0]
[roll1]

dragonsamurai77
2011-02-03, 03:01 PM
Thokk collapses, unconcious but alive.

Bridgar
2011-02-03, 03:11 PM
A huge gash is slashed across Thokk's stomach as he looks down with wide eyes. His innards are slipping out as he falls over in shock.

Longears, kicks out at the constable with a furious uproar. Bucking backwards, Longears connected once with the Constable's side and cracked a few ribs.
"Ah, but a flesh wound!"

Thokk, make a stabilization check for your next turn.
Stanley, then Steve left to go.

dragonsamurai77
2011-02-03, 03:17 PM
Stabilization: (1-10)

[roll0]

What happens if I die? Will I be replaced by another player, or will I make a new character?

Bridgar
2011-02-03, 03:38 PM
Stabilization: (1-10)

[roll0]

What happens if I die? Will I be replaced by another player, or will I make a new character?

You'll be replaced by the same person with different colored clothes... which are rags in this case. We'll reintroduce him for you. :smallsmile: There will be very little downtime when your character dies. Don't worry.

Cespenar
2011-02-03, 06:26 PM
Seeing how easily the best amongst them has fallen, Stanley flinches in horror and tries to remain hidden behind the rickety door. He mutters a prayer to whatever gods are listening, and holds his face to prevent any reflexive sobs.

RaggedAngel
2011-02-03, 06:43 PM
Steve loads his little crossbow, and takes aim again. "I-I'll shoot. Don't think I won't!" He looks down at his friend. It was his fault that Thokk was hurt. Again. And Thokk never beat Steve over it, even though Steve would have if their places were switched.

In the end, the only smart move was to lay down the bow and let the law follow it's course.

"Screw smart!" Steve shouts suddenly as he fires.

Attack roll: [roll0]

Damage Roll:
[roll1]

Lizard Lord
2011-02-03, 06:50 PM
Glib forms a plan of what to say to try and get out of this alive even as he lays on the bed. With Steve being an idiot the plan will have to wait until he is defeated. Hopefully the human won't die from his wounds.

Even then, the plan probably won't work.

Bridgar
2011-02-05, 01:56 PM
This shot being a much better placed shot, nearly hit him where it would be effective. Unluckily for you, it still just shaves a sliver of leather off of his shoulder.

"Hmph" The constable spits up a globule of blood from his lungs and slashes at the donkey.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The constable swings wildly, then twitches from the pain in his chest. All he hits is air. Donkey's turn.

dragonsamurai77
2011-02-05, 02:05 PM
Longears the mule launches two more powerful kicks.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

dragonsamurai77
2011-02-05, 02:06 PM
Oops.

[roll0]

Bridgar
2011-02-05, 02:23 PM
The mule, Longears kicks at the constable again, fearing for it's own life now. It's hoof crashes into the constable with such force that several ribs are broken and pushed into his lungs. The constable begins gasping for breath, but stands prepared for whatever happens next.

Stanley

Cespenar
2011-02-05, 07:15 PM
Emboldened (only a bit) by the valiant beast that is Longears, Stanley curses under his breath, takes his sling and fires a shot at the constable from behind the door.

Flatfooted, hopefully?

[roll0]
[roll1]

Critical threat, if possible:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Edit: Oh, gosh darn it!

Bridgar
2011-02-05, 07:23 PM
Stanley places a bolt in his sling and whirls it over his head. About halfway through the process, Stanley's chills take effect. His bolt goes flying upwards, through the "thatched" roof, completely missing his intended target.

Steve

Bridgar
2011-02-05, 08:37 PM
Sorry, Steve isn't fighting.

"Alright, no more kidding around, wot?"

[roll0]
[roll1]

His sword connects firmly with the mule's hide.

Bridgar
2011-02-05, 08:42 PM
Mule has [roll0] health.

Mule has 26 health remaining.

Longears is up.

dragonsamurai77
2011-02-06, 11:41 AM
The constable's sword only creates a minor scratch on Longears' thick hide.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

RaggedAngel
2011-02-06, 12:48 PM
Steve glares at the useful animal. "Hey, I was about to shoot him!" Steve quickly reloads his crossbow and fires again, praying to his diety (himself, that is) for good luck.

Still not sure why I was skipped.

Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Bridgar
2011-02-06, 12:55 PM
OOC: We were saving best for last, that's why. :smallwink:

Steve's bolt goes flying through the air as the constable turns to yell at Steve with something along the lines of "You couldn't hit the gaps in my teeth, wot wot.".
All he got out, though, was "You---Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah"
Your bolt enters his eye with a squelch, downing the constable. There was a moment of silence and then a great thud. Steve had made the first kill for the party. (You guys can keep track of kills if you want. It'll certainly be a manageable number)

RaggedAngel
2011-02-06, 01:30 PM
OOC-Forgive me for doubting you. :smallbiggrin:

Steve stands there for a moment.

It's an important moment.

He has, for the first time, taken another person's life. He has killed a man; a horrible, cruel, merciless man, but a thinking, real person nonetheless.

"Sweet. I bet he has cash on him." Steve turns to his companions- and notices that Thokk is still on the ground. "Oh. Crap." He kneels down and attempts to help the big man; he may be a jerk, but Steve likes to have large friends.

Heal- [roll0]

Steve, as he attempts to help, considers the fact that he has never helped heal anyone before. He shrugs. "What's the worst that can happen?"

dragonsamurai77
2011-02-06, 01:32 PM
Longears crushes the dead constable's head with his hoof before rushing to his master's aid.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-06, 02:02 PM
You all stand there, shocked at what just happened. The man lays there, blood pooling underneath him. What do you do?

RaggedAngel
2011-02-06, 02:29 PM
Having done his best, terrible though it was, for his friend, Steve moves over to the fallen 'lawman'. "Wonder what he's got in here. Don't worry, I'll give you guys a share." Steve goes through the man's pockets.

Lizard Lord
2011-02-06, 03:06 PM
Glib couldn't believe it. They won. Okay, no, his friends had won. Glib just laid there.

"We need to get out of here. We have never actually committed any of the crimes they accused of us, until now. I can only imagine that the penalty of killing a constable is death, with the possibility of torture first. That is something I would like to avoid. One of you two patch Thokk up and tie him to his mule. Steve, any chance you could carry me? I don't weigh much and I still can't move on my own."

Cespenar
2011-02-06, 04:52 PM
Stanley, staring at the body of the constable with eyes open wide, finally turns to Steve.

"Steve, you crossbow shooting wonder!"

Though in an instant, he casts his surprise away and joins him in rifling through the man's pockets.

"Let me help you there," he mumbles, grinning shamelessly.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-06, 06:23 PM
The man has several copper coins, some silver, and in a rare surprise, a single gold coin! He also has his longsword, some leather armor, and a stout wooden shield. He also has a bright pink thong for underwear, and a note stuffed into the back of the thing. It reads

Dear Constable,

Please apprehend some random peasants for Crimes Against Democracy. It doesn't really matter whom, just someone who is killable. Bring them to the town square, and then kill them, as an example.

With all my love,
The Mayor

Comes out to:
7cp
4sp
1gp
Longsword
Studded leather armor
Heavy wooden shield

RaggedAngel
2011-02-06, 08:01 PM
"I call the leather!" Steve shouts as he removes it from the constable. "It'll make me look cool." He tries it on. It restricts his arms just a bit, but Steve doesn't really care. It looks cool.

Lizard Lord
2011-02-10, 07:28 PM
"I really think we should get out of here as soon as possible. Maybe if we head towards Felldark we will be safe there. But please, if you do go, don't forget to carry me with you. I would walk if I could actually move."

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-10, 09:06 PM
OOC: Everybody make a listen check.

Cespenar
2011-02-11, 12:57 AM
Stanley lifts off the gold, while Steve is busy wearing the armor.

"Just keeping it safe for you guys," he says sheepishly.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-23, 05:16 PM
You all hear a jaunty, whistling tune approaching your hovel at a moderately fast pace.

RaggedAngel
2011-02-23, 05:38 PM
Steve balks. "Crap! Hide the body!" He looks around the tiny hut. "Uh. I guess we just have to stay quiet, and kill our way out of trouble. I mean, uh, reason our way out of trouble."

Lizard Lord
2011-02-23, 05:56 PM
With no place or time to hide the constable's body Glib decides to think of a way to save his own skin. If he has the strength to do so Glib will grab one of his crossbow bolts and stick in his armpit, with the flat end sticking out to make it look like he was shot. He will then close his eyes, wait, and listen.

The constable does not use crossbows and the disguise of a corpse is lacking but Glib can only hope that the goon about to walk in on them is an idiot.

If a disguise check will fit here then Glib will make an untrained one. [roll0]

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-23, 09:44 PM
A knocking sound emanates from the outside of the hut, and you hear low, yokel-ish laughs.

RaggedAngel
2011-02-23, 10:05 PM
Steve freezes in place, and puts a finger to his lips. He motions for everyone to stay down and quiet. "Don't say anything and he'll go away!" Steve says at a normal volume.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-24, 07:06 PM
You hear a voice just go "Awww... I thought you guy's were my friends..." It's the lovable country bumpkin, Billy O'MYGODI'MONFIRE. His name was born out of his first words- spoken at age 23.

RaggedAngel
2011-02-24, 09:57 PM
"Vecna's nethers, Billy, you scared the crap out of us." Steve stands up and opens the door. "Okay. We killed the constable, and we're hurt. You know I can't lift things for crap, and I'm a bit sick," Steve coughs up some blood. It isn't for show. "Er, right. I'm a bit sick, and Glib's even worse than I am. Oh, right; I got this cool armor." He stands there for a second. "Oh, and I think he intended to kill us, and we have a letter to prove it, so we had the right to kill him." Steve grins. He has some blood on his face. It isn't his.

Lizard Lord
2011-02-25, 02:58 AM
Glib will pull the quiver from his arm pit and try and sit up straight, only to fall down in to a laying position. "And Thokk might just be in worse condition then either of us. Has anyone checked to see if he is still breathing?"

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-25, 07:23 AM
Billy just stares at Steve. As Steve continues talking, Billy's eyes begin to cross, and eventually, his pupils cannot be seen as they turn to the inside of his head. "You should see the wild dude!" He says, happily, his eyes beginning to uncross.

RaggedAngel
2011-02-25, 04:16 PM
Steve looks away from Billy's face, angry at himself for ever looking there in the first place. "What wild dude?"

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-26, 12:09 AM
Billy looks confused. "Wild dude?"

Lizard Lord
2011-02-26, 12:51 AM
"I don't believe this! Are we going to argue about Billy's word choice or is someone going to make sure our blacksmith/roommate is still alive! I would do it myself but I have this crippling disease thing to work out first. So, you know, I'm busy." Glib shouts from his position on his bed.

Cespenar
2011-02-28, 07:07 AM
"Okay, okay, sheesh. Don't yell," mutters Stanley as he finally leaves his nice little hiding spot and out into the open, clearly cursing the decision. Making his way to Thokk, he checks if the blacksmith is still alive, and if necessary, he tries to apply first aid with his nonexistent medical skill.

[roll0]

Sorry guys, I had stopped checking this thread after some time, thinking it dead.

Halna LeGavilk
2011-02-28, 07:07 PM
@Cespenar: Your FACE is dead. What now?

IC: Billy smiles. "Wild dude could help him! Wild dude patched me right up, after the sheriff smashed all my teeth out!" At that moment, several of Billy's teeth choose to fall out and land on the floor, tinkling. Billy just continues smiling.

RaggedAngel
2011-02-28, 08:06 PM
Steve looks at his... 'friend' with mistrust. "Uh. Right. Where can we find this 'wild dude' exactly?"

Halna LeGavilk
2011-03-01, 05:01 PM
Billy stares blankly. "Wild dude?"

Lizard Lord
2011-03-02, 01:47 AM
Glib rolls his as it seems Steve and Billy are going in circles. "Clearly there is no 'wild dude'. Billy is just being, well, Billy. What we need to do is head towards Felldrak. Whatever the Nine Hell's it is the Felldrakians' plans are, Felldrak is well outside the lord's reach. We should be safe there."

RaggedAngel
2011-03-02, 07:55 PM
Steve attempts to follow along. "Er. Right. We'll do that, and then we'll be safe? Right? I... I'll just shoot people that ask too many questions. Sound good?"