PDA

View Full Version : Best powers for Dorjes and Powerstones?

MammonAzrael
2011-01-30, 02:49 AM
As said, what are some of the better psionic powers to have on Dorjes or power stones?

Psyren
2011-01-30, 10:44 AM
It's no different than wands or scrolls - pick powers that would be useful to have, but aren't worth taking up a permanent slot in your head. You also want powers that don't need augmentation to be effective, although a given stone can be useful if the level you get it at means it can't be augmented anyway. Stuff like Knock, Levitate, Correspond and Adapt Body would be very useful in stones.

If you have UPD or the required discipline, throw in some discipline powers in too e.g. Restoration and Banishment.

Dorjes (like wands) should be backup ammunition of powers you use frequently, so that you can contribute to combat even if your PP reserve is drained or if you are ambushed in your sleep, or even if you're trying to save your PP for something important later etc.

MammonAzrael
2011-01-30, 05:05 PM
Pretty much what I figured. I just don't know powers that well, and I was hoping for some guidance to the better ones that don't just emulate spells. Thanks for the input.

Identify is a great choice. Even if it does take 24 hours to manifest! :smalleek:

Psyren
2011-01-30, 05:12 PM
Identify is a great choice. Even if it does take 24 hours to manifest! :smalleek:

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. They removed it from Pathfinder, and made it an augment to Detect Psionics instead. :smalltongue:

Which powers to lug around in item form depend on a lot of factors; your own discipline, the abilities of your party, the type of campaign you're in etc. The only advice I could give would be very general.

MammonAzrael
2011-01-30, 05:22 PM
*nod* In this instance I'll be a Shaper 6/Constructor with an as of yet undetermined party. Its for wadledo's Darksun game. You can see my powers at the bottom of the character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=270914).