PDA

View Full Version : Draw your Friends, The Trilogy! - Wishlist now open

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-30, 07:54 PM
Draw your Friends III - Already Running

Welcome to the third iteration of the Draw your Friends game/competition, the game/competition were you draw for a friend.

I'm one of your hosts, araveugnitsuga, you may call me Pink-Haired August.
Our other host, and founder of this game/competition is none other than Fin.

Info
The Guidelines

The game starts when we reach the 20 volunteers.
You may join by posting your desire to do so in the current thread.
If you participated in the last iteration you must repost in the running thread, posting on a thread that has undergone will not count.
You will be assigned a fellow volunteer to draw for through a PM by your respective host.
You have 7 days to draw it.
You may draw in any style you wish.
The idea is to draw something related to your assigned playgrounder.
Any format is welcomed, from avatar to a giant watercolor image.
When you are finished you PM it to your assigned host.
Don't post the image here.

Extensions are permissible if you PM a host asking for it and a reasonable extended time-frame.

The Workings

There are two phases.
On the "First Phase" you are assigned a fellow volunteer to be draw.
The second phase is entirely optional.
On the "Second Phase" a host reveals all the images.
You may guess on who draw it and by whom it was drawn.
After two days such information will be revealed.

The Wishlist

You can only enter The Wishlist if you didn't participate in the previous round and the contest already has started.
If you enter the Wishlist you are automatically included on the next round.

Listings
Volunteers - [20/20]

Licoot
Mr Saturn
Xelliea
Terry576
billtodamax
araveugnitsuga
smuchmuch
Dr.Epic
Irbis
Felyndiira
Szilard
Gimliggamer
Zefir
Akrim.elf
C-Lam
Ninjaman
Nevitan
Teutonic Knight
Dogmantra
Domochevsky

Wishlist

GrlumpTheElder
KerfuffleMach2
Herpestidae
Yldenfrei

Previous Threads:

The Thread were the Idea was born (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76847)
Draw your Friends! I (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182167)
Draw your Friends! II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183802)

smuchmuch
2011-01-30, 07:57 PM
You are both organisator and participant ? It's not like it's going to make difference, ture bu it seems odd.

Anyway. Interested.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-30, 07:58 PM
Well I did the first but not the second so I'm still eligible right? I do want to do this round.

Irbis
2011-01-30, 08:15 PM
InB4Fin :smallsigh:

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-30, 09:27 PM
You are both organisator and participant ? It's not like it's going to make difference, ture bu it seems odd.

Anyway. Interested.

Nice to see you return and yes, it's a bit odd but Fin and I are working around that.

Well I did the first but not the second so I'm still eligible right? I do want to do this round.

You can always participate, the Wishlist is the one that is restricted, and nice to have you back.

Felyndiira
2011-01-30, 09:31 PM
+1 victim (me) :smalltongue:

Szilard
2011-01-30, 09:44 PM
I think I'm in too.

Mr_Saturn
2011-01-30, 10:15 PM
Interesting, I wonder how much responsibility you're shouldering besides making the thread.

Yay for new thread!

Gimliggamer
2011-01-30, 10:43 PM
I'm in too....>.>

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-31, 01:37 AM
Interesting, I wonder how much responsibility you're shouldering besides making the thread.

Yay for new thread!

I also wonder that.

Terry576
2011-01-31, 01:55 AM
The only thing I wonder is how long it will take me to come up with ideas for everyone's avatars before I actually get the PM for whom I'm suppose to make it for.

What's that? 'You should work on the fancomic'? Nah.

I can do that when I'm not tired.

Fin
2011-01-31, 02:14 AM
Firstly, hi everyone that has come back for another round and...

Welcome!

To our newcomers!

Yay for new thread!

Aside from creating the thread araveugnitsuga's responsibilities will be;

Managing the PMs for one half of the paricipants.
Sending me the images from his half to reveal in thread.
(Any additional tasks that he wants :smallamused:)

Contrary to popular belief there really isn't that much to this game :smallwink::smalltongue:

Szilard
2011-01-31, 02:32 AM
She's a he. Just sayin'. :smallwink:

Zefir
2011-01-31, 02:35 AM
I would like to rejoin, too.

Hey Szilard nice to see my "An offer you can't resist"-avatar^^.

Akrim.elf
2011-01-31, 02:41 AM
Im still here and ready!

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-31, 02:49 AM
There was an issue brought up on the last thread that I didn't think I should include in the opening post, but still is very relevant.

Themes

Fin and I agreed on leaving the inclusion or exclusion of big mechanics on you, our public and volunteer pool.

So, we would appreciate if you gave us your opinion on this, either for it's inclusion, exclusion or recommending the mechanics to it.

Up until now we discussed how it would work, and we were thinking of working around very general, open themes as to not add much difficulty to the already daunting task of figuring how other volunteer could look.

However, you are our public and as such, your opinion matters the most to us.

Zefir
2011-01-31, 03:09 AM
Themes would be nice.

I think it will make it easier. The themes should just be easi so we can go on it.

Terry576
2011-01-31, 03:11 AM
Themes are always fun.

I suggest Halloween.

I always suggest Halloween.

Zefir
2011-01-31, 03:38 AM
Halloween wouls be nice we just got a theme week a few months ago, means many stuff for ideas is already done.

billtodamax
2011-01-31, 04:38 AM
Isn't halloween in October...? :smalltongue:

I'd like to try it without a theme first, but I'm not really set on it.

Irbis
2011-01-31, 05:33 AM
Aside from creating the thread araveugnitsuga's responsibilities will be;

Managing the PMs for one half of the paricipants.
Sending me the images from her half to reveal in thread.

But that means she won't be guessing? :smallfrown:

We have too little people guessing as of now, sadly.

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-31, 05:43 AM
But that means she won't be guessing? :smallfrown:

He actually. All this gender confusion is making me consider changing into a male avatar, though my Pink Hair stays.

And you haven't guessed in previous rounds, why not start now?

Irbis
2011-01-31, 06:23 AM
I sent my guess in the first one, IIRVC, it's not my fault it was dropped :P

So, you're not going to guess, then?

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-31, 06:29 AM
I sent my guess in the first one, IIRVC, it's not my fault it was dropped :P

So, you're not going to guess, then?
No, I'm not going to guess.

Akrim.elf
2011-01-31, 08:03 AM
the topic - will St. Valentine's Day .. but since I do not have much this festival (too pink, hearts and such), so I suggested the theme - AntiValentine

C-Lam
2011-01-31, 08:57 AM
I would like to join, but how much time do you have to draw the avatar?

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-31, 09:00 AM
I would like to join, but how much time do you have to draw the avatar?

7-days since the closing of the subscriptions.
Shall I count you in?

C-Lam
2011-01-31, 09:06 AM
Yes! Count me in!:smallbiggrin:

Dogmantra
2011-01-31, 12:22 PM

I'm not going to participate but I am probably going to guess because last time I was kind of proud of not having people knowing who I drew so I wanted to keep the suspense. :smalltongue:

Ninjaman
2011-01-31, 03:02 PM
Im in again.

licoot
2011-01-31, 03:09 PM
Phew:smallsigh:
thought i missed another

smuchmuch
2011-01-31, 04:22 PM
7-days since the closing of the subscriptions.
Shall I count you in?

With twenty people in, It wouldn't be a luxury to augment the time limit a little , I'd say.

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-31, 04:24 PM
With twenty people in, It wouldn't be a luxury to augment the time limit a little , I'd say.

Why would an augment in the number of participants affect the time limit?
The participants still draw only one person, while the hosts manage only 10 participants.

Extensions are still allowed as per request.

smuchmuch
2011-01-31, 04:30 PM
Not everyone find ideas or do avatar at the same rate. The more participants the more likely there is somme will take longer. Not to mention the real life thing somme pople happen to have wich might slow them down.
Also the more images, the more hosting related risks (image din't get to the host, image got corrupted, etc) are likely to accur.

In these condition, allowing yourself a slightly longer margin of time doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-31, 05:00 PM
Not everyone find ideas or do avatar at the same rate. The more participants the more likely there is somme will take longer. Not to mention the real life thing somme pople happen to have wich might slow them down.
Also the more images, the more hosting related risks (image din't get to the host, image got corrupted, etc) are likely to accur.

In these condition, allowing yourself a slightly longer margin of time doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

You make interesting points.
Though as for the workload for us hosts, Fin has the last word on this, I have no time issues except maybe a weekly interruption to my Internet access on Fridays. As for the hosting of images, we went with no re-hosting as the guessing game is optional and more for fun than for points so there is little use in cheating by right-clicking. Finally, to assure that the products of this game/competition are preserved, I'm keeping a backup of all the images just in case something happens or someone wants to use an image made for him/her but can't find it.

As for the participants you can always ask for more time, so I don't think there really is an issue on that side.

Fin
2011-01-31, 05:59 PM
As for the participants you can always ask for more time, so I don't think there really is an issue on that side.

This. I think a week is plenty seeing as people know this in advance of signing up, so they shouldn't be shocked when it's two minutes to deadline. Plus you have the safety net of requested extensions. I must insist on the extensions being requested in fairness to everyone else. We won't be waiting around for you if you have not warned us of a delay.

But please, you could be letting someone else down by not making a new avatar for them so please only sign up if you can commit to the task. We have so far had a 100% completion rate on all avatars, it would disappointing to ruin that now.

Also thanks to araveugnitsuga for answering all these questions and setting up the thread, I have had a mad few days in real life. Also my most humble apologies for the gender mix-up!

Nevitan
2011-01-31, 07:37 PM
I'll participate again.

Teutonic Knight
2011-01-31, 08:24 PM
Me as well.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-31, 10:08 PM
How many people do we have now? And when will it get started?

araveugnitsuga
2011-01-31, 10:31 PM
How many people do we have now? And when will it get started?

18 as of this post and as soon as two more volunteers show up and the contestants are divided.

It's all on the updating first-post.

Dogmantra
2011-01-31, 10:33 PM
18 as of this post and as soon as two more volunteers show up and the contestants are divided.

It's all on the updating first-post.

Oh FINE you've twisted both my arms and one of my legs I want to play! :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2011-01-31, 11:42 PM
Oh FINE you've twisted both my arms and one of my legs I want to play! :smallbiggrin:

Yay! Just one more!

Ninjaman
2011-02-01, 01:08 AM

Dogmantra is doing a sacrifice for the team, good job:smallbiggrin:

Domochevsky
2011-02-01, 05:37 AM
..oh alright, i'm in as well. I can't leave that number hovering at 19/20. >_>

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-01, 09:32 AM
Way to take one for the team Domo! :smallbiggrin::smallwink:

Ninjaman
2011-02-01, 02:32 PM
..oh alright, i'm in as well. I can't leave that number hovering at 19/20. >_>

Both Domochevsky and Dogmantrais sacrifising for the team. They will not be forgotten.

Irbis
2011-02-01, 02:47 PM
If only others followed their example... :smalltongue:

licoot
2011-02-01, 02:55 PM
I can't wait to see someones version of my avatar

Dogmantra
2011-02-01, 02:57 PM
I can't wait to see someones version of my avatar

Alright that's it I just had a really cool idea and if it works I am making it for you REGARDLESS of whether I get you or not in this game. :smallwink:

licoot
2011-02-01, 04:52 PM
How does the finding out who your drawing work:smallconfused:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-01, 04:56 PM
How does the finding out who your drawing work:smallconfused:

Either Fin or I will PM you with the name of whom you will draw.
You draw him and PM the image back to the host who sent you the PM.

After all entries are received or the Time runs out Fin will post all of the images without name. In this period you may try guessing who draw whom.
After two days it is revealed who draw what and to whom.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-01, 04:57 PM
You get a PM from araveugnitsuga or Fin. (I'm proud of myself. I spelled araveugnitsuga without looking at his name.:smalltongue:))

Wow. ninjad. blarg.

Irbis
2011-02-01, 05:10 PM
Now we established this, we should begun wondering aloud when they will send it so that the competition could begun sooner :smalltongue:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-01, 05:11 PM
Now we established this, we should begun wondering aloud when they will send it so that the competition could begun sooner :smalltongue:

As soon as Fin logs on and does the divide.

Fin
2011-02-01, 06:25 PM
Ok, first a quick apology. The last few days I have been preparing for a pretty important job interview. As a result I haven't given this the attention it needs (again many thanks to araveugnitsuga for that). The interview is tomorrow morning and as a result none of my PMs will go out until after that as I do not have the time. I have requested that araveugnitsuga do the same. I thank you all for your patience and if anyone has not received a PM by the end of play tomorrow feel free to PM me a very stern message.

Again thanks and sorry for the delay.

*makes second attempt at disappearing behind a smoke screen*

*scuttles off shame faced at a second failed effort*

GrlumpTheElder
2011-02-01, 09:20 PM
... I've just missed this, haven't I...

Oh well, next time...

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-01, 10:04 PM
... I've just missed this, haven't I...

Oh well, next time...

So, wishlist?

smuchmuch
2011-02-01, 10:04 PM
If you want to be in next round you can ask to be in the wishlist.

damn, Pink hair ninjaed.

Ninjaman
2011-02-02, 01:30 AM
You get a PM from araveugnitsuga or Fin. (I'm proud of myself. I spelled araveugnitsuga without looking at his name.:smalltongue:))

Wow. ninjad. blarg.

If you want to be in next round you can ask to be in the wishlist.

damn, Pink hair ninjaed.

Araveugnitsuga should change name to ninjaman.

Zefir
2011-02-02, 02:15 AM
Just one question:

Since a few people tend to change their avatars, caused by the theme weeks and such stuff. Wouldn't it be a goo idea to post their normal avatar so everyone can go here and look ?

I start:smallbiggrin:
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Taric1.png

Fin
2011-02-02, 02:19 AM
Ok, everyone should have their PM instructing them on who to draw. So get drawing!

The deadline is 09/02/2011

Have fun!

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-02, 02:22 AM
Just one question:

Since a few people tend to change their avatars, caused by the theme weeks and such stuff. Wouldn't it be a goo idea to post their normal avatar so everyone can go here and look ?

For those who change constantly or plan to change, it is normal procedure to post them here (looks at smuchmuch, self and Zefir) before changing with a small note explaining the change. Though I believe some people change because they wouldn't like renditions of their current avatars, (like what Domo tried to do last time to prevent repetition).

It's a bit of a grey area that is being left up to those who do incur on it to reason on.

Zefir
2011-02-02, 02:46 AM
I live in the grey Zone of the grey Zone since noone is going to redraw my Avatar. Just to massive detail or whatever.

I don't mind if someone has an other idea for my avatar. Oh and maybe someone needs to know what the username means it's the spoken language of C4 in german.

Terry576
2011-02-02, 02:48 AM
AND THE RACE IS OOOOON.

Better fire up my old laptop, cause my inkscape is broken on my good one. :smallannoyed:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-02, 02:53 AM
I live in the grey Zone of the grey Zone since noone is going to redraw my Avatar. Just to massive detail or whatever.

I don't mind if someone has an other idea for my avatar. Oh and maybe someone needs to know what the username means it's the spoken language of C4 in german.

Wouldn't that be Tsefeahr?
C (Tse) - vier (feahr)

AND THE RACE IS OOOOON.

Better fire up my old laptop, cause my inkscape is broken on my good one. :smallannoyed:

Download Inkscape again?

Terry576
2011-02-02, 03:13 AM
Download Inkscape again?

I did.

Three times.

Gonna bust out my tablet and then trace it in photoshop.

I APOLOGIZE FOR HOW CRAPPY THIS AVATAR WILL LOOK PERSON WHOSE AVATAR I'M MAKING WILL BE

Zefir
2011-02-02, 03:14 AM
Wouldn't that be Tsefeahr?
C (Tse) - vier (feahr)

Download Inkscape again?

Well i found it with c = Zeh and 4 = vier.

I changed it a bit to have it better. In germany most people notic what it means.

Teutonic Knight
2011-02-02, 03:18 AM
Question. The old avatars we made that the receiver has not used. Is it their property or still ours if they haven't touched it? For example, Gimliggamer has not used the avatar I made for him (not saying you have to, now :smallwink:) so is it safe to put it up for adoption?

Dr.Epic
2011-02-02, 03:22 AM
Cool. I gots to get to work!

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-02, 03:28 AM
Question. The old avatars we made that the receiver has not used. Is it their property or still ours if they haven't touched it? For example, Gimliggamer has not used the avatar I made for him (not saying you have to, now :smallwink:) so is it safe to put it up for adoption?

I would say the avatar you make for someone else is akin to gift. A gift tailored toward a specific playgrounder who's design and composition are meant to evoke the feel of the playgrounder or eir avatar in a determined moment.

As such, that avatar is not in fact property of it's maker, but of the receiver. However, I also think the receiver is bound by the workings of the honour system that functions upon requests and is to give due credit and respect to the image that is being given to em as a gift.

That's my thoughts on the subject, but again, our public is free to voice their opinions on the subject.

Note:I've used Spivak's gender neutral pronouns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spivak_pronoun), those are not misspellings of plurals

billtodamax
2011-02-02, 04:16 AM
*cracks knuckles*

*opens the hell out of Inkscape*

LET'S DO THIS THING.

Irbis
2011-02-02, 04:24 AM
*Changed Avatar to avoid repetition from previous DYF back to Liliana (http://cgv.blicky.net/pwz/0089.jpg). If anyone needs other ones, they're in my sig :smalltongue:

Terry576
2011-02-02, 04:28 AM
Busting out my old laptop for inkscape.

man, using Windows XP, while lame, is even worse on ancient mcdecrepit over there.

I'll just make the avatar then sleep. its 128 AM, suspected completion?

225AM.

EDIT: Blast, 15 minutes off. Finished at 210 AM. 42 minutes of work. :smalleek:

Akrim.elf
2011-02-02, 04:57 AM
hedgehogs eyes, why??
* loud cracking his head on desk *
so this is not nice at all .. But what has ...

and since it left me to change my avatar (I like it too), so here I throw a link to devianart ...
I hope that whoever has me on the neck to forgive me ...

http://depresiveneko.deviantart.com/gallery/

can be tossed link to photobucket, but there I only request avatars .. and then, I would not where you upload the one .. the ... * sigh *

especially so remember to save ...

but maybe this one not as important, but how do I draw someone when I do not know whether a guy or girl?

Sure, I can deduce from the avatar, but where I am sure that man does not hide behind the woman and vice versa?
especially in today?

ask a question I can not ... * sigh *
no nothing, just so this post is longer than the other ...

billtodamax
2011-02-02, 05:44 AM
If you can't tell what gender someone is, check the little blue or pink symbol below their avatar.

If that isn't there, then you get to pick what gender they are. :smalltongue:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-02, 05:45 AM
If you can't tell what gender someone is, check the little blue or pink symbol below their avatar.

If that isn't there, then you get to pick what gender they are. :smalltongue:

Or you stalk follow them around the site until they slip with a pronoun or try to find them on other sites until you find them having a gender symbol.

GrlumpTheElder
2011-02-02, 07:58 AM
So, wishlist?

Pretty please wishlist :smallbiggrin:

Irbis
2011-02-02, 08:00 AM
I wonder if I should throw in a sandwich this time as well :P

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-02, 09:47 AM
Ok, everyone should have their PM instructing them on who to draw. So get drawing!

The deadline is 09/02/2011

Have fun!

You're messing with us American folks. I thought we had 7 months when I first looked at it.

Terry576
2011-02-02, 01:25 PM
You're messing with us American folks. I thought we had 7 months when I first looked at it.

I thought I had a day.

And I went "WTFADAY" and finished the avatar in like 40 minutes. :smallannoyed:

Fin
2011-02-02, 01:27 PM

Woops! Sorry I should have pointed out that I am from Ol' Blighty, I'll make it a bit clearer.

The deadline is...

Wednesday, 9th of February 2011

Akrim.elf
2011-02-02, 03:07 PM
it takes any longer ...

For me there was no end ... but .. it looks horrible ... :smalltongue:

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-02, 03:58 PM
If I'm finished, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and be like smuchmuch and draw super-many incarnations of the person's avatar.

licoot
2011-02-02, 04:46 PM
Phew done, now i can relax

Zefir
2011-02-02, 05:17 PM
Damn you are fast I have no time tomorrow, but I will make it in time.

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-02, 05:32 PM
Slowpokes. :smalltongue:

Don't worry, you've got a whole weekend ahead of you. Unless you're celebrating Chinese New Year this weekend. (Unlikely, but possible. Chinese New Year is tomorrow.)

Terry576
2011-02-02, 05:34 PM
Wow. You guys are all like "OH MAN"

and I'm all like "FIRST" :smallamused:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-02, 06:39 PM
If I'm finished, I'm wondering if I should go ahead and be like smuchmuch and draw super-many incarnations of the person's avatar.

I haven't received any PM from you yet...

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-02, 06:49 PM
I figured I could edit it if I wanted to, the avatar I've made is basically done. I just need to pm you on my own leisure. :smallcool:

Szilard
2011-02-02, 08:23 PM
Well, I think I've got enough mafia avatars for now, so I'm gonna change it to one of my old ones. Unless the person who has me is one of the 2 or 3 people already done, then whatevs. :smalltongue:

Zefir
2011-02-03, 02:09 AM
Slowpokes. :smalltongue:

Don't worry, you've got a whole weekend ahead of you. Unless you're celebrating Chinese New Year this weekend. (Unlikely, but possible. Chinese New Year is tomorrow.)

What damn I forgot it I need a fly for tomorrow now..

Well I hope I can make it cause I haven't even start inkscape yet and there is another avatar for myself waiting. *fears his own inkscape*

Teutonic Knight
2011-02-03, 02:18 AM
Whether or not you guys believe me, its a little to late for that now but, I also finished the day we were assigned people. Now its just sitting there, with me wondering: I finished it too fast, is it missing something?

Terry576
2011-02-03, 03:54 AM
Whether or not you guys believe me, its a little to late for that now but, I also finished the day we were assigned people. Now its just sitting there, with me wondering: I finished it too fast, is it missing something?

we were assigned yesterday, at 212 AM server time.

I finished at around 413 AM server time.:smalleek:

now time for sleep.

Domochevsky
2011-02-03, 03:56 AM
Oh now you people are all kinds of quick, aren't you... >_> [/didnt start yet]

(Changed avatar yesterday. Old one after the fold, to maintain diversity.)
---
http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/IA/IA4_4b_120x120.png

Akrim.elf
2011-02-03, 05:32 AM

once you finish work, you are happy with it, stop thinking ..
because at the time when you try to improve it may happen that the result will be worse ...
at least for me, it's so true ...

smuchmuch
2011-02-03, 09:25 AM
with GB week aproaching I'm going to try somme new avatarsfor the occasion.

old one: http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/9606/mais.gif

Fin
2011-02-03, 01:39 PM
Ok, to all the speedy people. It is not a race, though I do appreciate the desire to get it done.

To the slower people, no pressure, but if all the entries are in before the deadline we will do the reveals earlier.

Swings and roundabouts really :smallamused:

Teutonic Knight
2011-02-06, 04:54 AM
Remind me again, who do I send the finished avatar to? araveugnitsuga or Fin?

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-06, 04:57 AM
Remind me again, who do I send the finished avatar to? araveugnitsuga or Fin?

The one who PMed you.
In your case Fin.

Ninjaman
2011-02-06, 07:18 AM
Changed avatar.
Heres the old one.
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g467/Ninjamanhammer/Maguslow2-1.png

Irbis
2011-02-06, 07:26 AM
The one who PMed you.
In your case Fin.

So, I should PM Fin as well?

Fin
2011-02-06, 09:34 AM
Nope, you are on araveugnitsuga's list so you should send your PM to him. You did receive your PM telling you who to draw from him didn't you? :smallconfused:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-06, 05:04 PM
Nope, you are on araveugnitsuga's list so you should send your PM to him. You did receive your PM telling you who to draw from him didn't you? :smallconfused:

Of course he did, I obviously didn't pm everything to the first on the list and then asked him to PM the next one and successively :smallbiggrin:.

Irbis
2011-02-06, 05:19 PM
No? Then what it is you told me to send to Ninjaman, Smuch, and Akrim.Elf? :smallconfused::P

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-06, 05:23 PM
No? Then what it is you told me to send to Ninjaman, Smuch, and Akrim.Elf? :smallconfused::P

1 out of 3 of those were on my list. So I'm guessing, Cupcakes?

Irbis
2011-02-06, 06:02 PM
So I'm guessing, Cupcakes?

You can start by guessing what I put in the white text. ;P

Fin
2011-02-07, 02:32 AM
Of course he did, I obviously didn't pm everything to the first on the list and then asked him to PM the next one and successively :smallbiggrin:.

I didn't for a moment think that you did. Though thinking about it, that is a pretty good idea! That way the minions players do all the work! :smallbiggrin:

Two days until deadline!!1!!one!!

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-08, 05:44 PM
One day until deadline.
Just a friendly and completely non-threatening reminder.

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-08, 08:20 PM
One day until people start asking for extensions. :smallamused::smalltongue:

Irbis
2011-02-08, 08:24 PM
What extensions? :mitd:

Hopefully, short rest and I'll finish.

Dogmantra
2011-02-08, 08:44 PM
I'm not particularly happy about how mine turned out so apologies to the person who I drew for but I had like five different ideas and this one looked the best.

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-08, 08:47 PM
I'm not particularly happy about how mine turned out so apologies to the person who I drew for but I had like five different ideas and this one looked the best.

Just call it a sarcastic commentary on modern art and an exercise in post-modernism

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-08, 08:50 PM
DRAW ALL FIVE!:smallbiggrin:

Terry576
2011-02-08, 09:56 PM
Do it.

It will be epic.

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-08, 09:58 PM

Do it.

It will be epic.

We are kinda hours away from the deadline.
Which again, serves as a subtle reminder.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-08, 10:06 PM
As in my usual style (not really.) I have finished right before the deadline. :smallcool:

smuchmuch
2011-02-08, 10:35 PM
Er... ack I don't suppose just as an hypotheitcal question that if i was to beg for a;litt' scrap of time more ? (I was really hopping i'd be done by now. it shouldn't be much longer but you know, just in case...)

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-08, 10:55 PM
Er... ack I don't suppose just as an hypotheitcal question that if i was to beg for a;litt' scrap of time more ? (I was really hopping i'd be done by now. it shouldn't be much longer but you know, just in case...)

PM your host if you REALLY have to do so. And I would recommend not waiting until it's too late to ask, you know, with people getting their hopes up and what-not

Gimliggamer
2011-02-08, 11:00 PM
I was really confused. I was all like "It says smuchsmuch posted but that is clearly Lix. What the heck......oohh.":smallsigh:

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-08, 11:02 PM
Anyways, could you make "Draw Your Friends" banners showing the before and after like in your signature August?

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-08, 11:08 PM
Anyways, could you make "Draw Your Friends" banners showing the before and after like in your signature August?

I don't quite understand what you mean.

smuchmuch
2011-02-08, 11:36 PM
I don't quite understand what you mean.

I think he's asking you if you could make somme more banners like the one in your sig (but with different people, probably)

Anyhow contributuion send finaly
It's rubish but at this point there's not much that could hav ebeen done to change it.
I opologise in advendce for the concerned drawee.

I was really confused. I was all like "It says smuchsmuch posted but that is clearly Lix. What the heck......oohh."

(Been a like that for a few day actualy; as part of a continuing joke on The SMBG boards.
(her idea but I figured I might as well go along with it, that'd make as good as any avatar for GB week))

Dogmantra
2011-02-09, 02:15 AM

Do it.

It will be epic.

I TRIED AND THEY WERE AWFUL AND DIDN'T EVEN REALLY WORK. But I guess if my subject wants me to say what my other idea... well yeah it was really only one concrete other idea I can remember now... well if my subject wants to know what they missed out on I could always just say.

Irbis
2011-02-09, 10:41 AM
Was that me? :smalltongue:

So, when is the reveal? And, I wonder if this time too no one will also guess which one I drew :smallbiggrin:

Fin
2011-02-09, 02:00 PM
Still waiting on four entries, they all know who they are :smallamused:

Please can we get them ASAP. Today is deadline day and four is too many to post a reveal thread in spite of missing entries...

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-09, 02:05 PM
Still waiting on four entries, they all know who they are :smallamused:

Please can we get them ASAP. Today is deadline day and four is too many to post a reveal thread in spite of missing entries...

One actually, I'm waiting for him to PM me.
YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Domochevsky
2011-02-09, 04:32 PM
Well, can't be me in either case, as i send mine out yesterday.

(And who knows, maybe people wont immediately recognize it this time! o/ [/delusion])

smuchmuch
2011-02-09, 04:42 PM
Not me either (for once), send it yesterday too.

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-09, 04:43 PM
This time it's me neither.
Oh wait, I know who it is...

Terry576
2011-02-09, 04:44 PM
I sent mine in the first day the contest was announced. :smallcool:

Yeah, I'm pretty radical.

man I sure hope my assignee likes the avatar... :smallredface:

licoot
2011-02-09, 04:53 PM
i've sent mine
but it might be worth sending them a pm in case they think they've sent it

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-09, 04:59 PM
i've sent mine
but it might be worth sending them a pm in case they think they've sent it

Done about an hour ago.

Irbis
2011-02-09, 05:06 PM
Erm... I hope that's not me? >.<

I sent it long before deadline, honest :P

Terry576
2011-02-09, 05:41 PM
We could always reveal the current submissions and annoy the last four until they get their acts together.

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-09, 05:42 PM
We could always reveal the current submissions and annoy the last four until they get their acts together.

Last one, and it's pretty complicated, so we appreciate your patience.

Felyndiira
2011-02-09, 06:07 PM
I sent mine out early this morning, so I don't think it's me, either (though I'm probably one of those last four =p).

*goes back to waiting for Tablet to arrive*

Irbis
2011-02-09, 08:37 PM
Last one, and it's pretty complicated, so we appreciate your patience.

Arave, I think you should switch to picasa if you have gmail/google account :P

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-09, 10:28 PM
I hope my person likes their avatar as well. I hope its up by the time I get back on the computer tomorrow night after work.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-09, 10:38 PM
I hope I didn't get the person I made the avatar for mixed up with another person. That would suck. A lot.

Teutonic Knight
2011-02-09, 10:59 PM
Well they are all posted at once and we all can see them. At that time we can correct any mistakes, with added surprise of "Wait, that was for me? I thought so! :smallcool:".

Jokasti
2011-02-09, 11:12 PM
I'll have to do this sometime when I'm at my dads house. For now, subscribed and keep up the good work, folks.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-10, 01:04 AM
Araveugnitsuga, is there a reason all your pictures say bandwidth exceeded on my screen, or am I the only one? Pretty sure I'm not though....

Elder Tsofu
2011-02-10, 01:09 AM
Believe it or not, the reason is written in the image you see. :smalltongue:

Fin
2011-02-10, 02:11 AM
Ok, we are still waiting on that one final submission. But I realistically can't put this off much longer as you have all been waiting so patiently. So I will do the reveal thread when I get home from work tonight, that way we get a reveal thread today but still gives are last entrant a chance. I won't be back from work for about 9 hours. Thanks again for being so patient

Akrim.elf
2011-02-10, 04:50 AM
yay!
a few hours I will live longer!
(and then .. get me COME! dun - dun - DUN)

Ninjaman
2011-02-10, 10:13 AM
Finally.:smallannoyed:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-10, 10:34 AM
The last image arrived. Sorry for the inconveniences.
Fin will do the reveal as planned.

I'll have to do this sometime when I'm at my dads house. For now, subscribed and keep up the good work, folks.

Is this a wishlist wish?

Fin
2011-02-10, 03:02 PM
Ok then here it goes! The third annual...

Reveal Thread!

Image 1
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Akrim13/g6709.png
Image 2
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Schinobi.png
Image 3
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/954/terryq.png
Image 4
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/crystallam1995/th_knight-1.png?t=1297002492
Image 5
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g467/Ninjamanhammer/Xelliea.png
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g467/Ninjamanhammer/Xelliealarge.png
Image 6
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/De_ressurect/smoothsaturn.png
Image 7
http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/DYF/DYF_3c.png
Image 8
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2662/stuffoo.jpg
Image 9
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab324/Terry576/OoTS/EpicTheDoctor.png
Image 10
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k125/Yitsockl/lightning.png
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k125/Yitsockl/lightning1.png
Image 11
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5235/shadowh.png
Image 12
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/licoot/billtodamax.png?t=1296683100
Image 13
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/OoTS_Avatars/FelyndiiraAvatar.png
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/OoTS_Avatars/FelyndiiraHi-Res.png
Image 14
http://i55.tinypic.com/jhezpx.png
Image 15
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/Gimliggamer/C-Lam.png
Image 16
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/akrimelf.png
Image 17
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n365/b_nebb/lunlun.png
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n365/b_nebb/lunlunlarge.png
Image 18
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/S-lizzard.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/slizzardthinking1.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/sleazard2.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/emoslizzard.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/slizzardbreak.png

Image 19
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/6177/zefirgb.png
Image 20
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/TVKuSQt7I7I/AAAAAAAABD4/Hu1dKX3zvWk/PonyDYF.png
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/TVKuSYfjqwI/AAAAAAAABD8/75xZJL-joW8/PonyDYFs.png

Get guessing and have fun!

licoot
2011-02-10, 03:06 PM
I'm gonna guess in a minuet, but i have no idea of which one is for me

Zefir
2011-02-10, 03:08 PM
I think Image 7 is yours look close and to the biottem of the pic.

Ninjaman
2011-02-10, 03:11 PM
Man this is hard

C-Lam
2011-02-10, 03:24 PM
I have no idea which one is mine, or any of the others either..

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-10, 03:25 PM
I have a list of who draw who and even I can't figure it out.

Dogmantra
2011-02-10, 03:33 PM
Holy heck on a stick I FREAKING HOPE THAT'S MY PONY.

Herpestidae
2011-02-10, 03:36 PM
Wish List KPLZTHX.

Zefir
2011-02-10, 03:40 PM
For me it is easy to guess what is made for me *points at 19*.
My mandarin is bad so I can't translate wht the bottel says.

billtodamax
2011-02-10, 04:15 PM
2. Ninjaman
6. Saturn - By Szilard
7. Licoot - By Domo
9. Terry
10. -By Araveagnitsuga
12. Me!
13. Feylndiira
14. Nevitan
17. Irbis - by Saturn
18. Szilard - by Smuchmuch
19. Zefir - by Feylindiira
20. Dogmantra

To be edited more.

Domochevsky
2011-02-10, 04:27 PM
Hm... I got nuthin'. >_>
(Well, i think i recognize one or two of these, but that's about it. Quite a difficult selection.)
However: Picture 11. What. o_o

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-10, 04:33 PM
However: Picture 11. What. o_o

I think there was a slight issue with the image and the author involving a mix-up of which image was sent and which image the author designated to be sent by a third party, an issue which the author was unaware until the posting in this thread.

xelliea
2011-02-10, 04:53 PM
Image 5

Ah very nice! :smallsmile:

licoot
2011-02-10, 05:05 PM
2. Ninjaman
4.Teutonic knight
5.xellia
6. Saturn - By Szilard
7. Licoot - By Domo
8. -By Keveak
9. Terry
10.Araveagnitsuga-By Mr.Saturn
12. Billtodamax-By Licoot
13. Feylndiira
14. Nevitan
17. Irbis - by Saturn
18. Szilard - by Smuchmuch
19. Zefir - by Feylindiira
20. Dogmantra

EDIT: I can't believe I misspelled Saturn
also i just realized that keveak didn't enter:smallredface:

Szilard
2011-02-10, 07:34 PM
I'll guess when I have less homework tomorrow, but I just got to say I LOVE my avatars! :smallbiggrin:

Felyndiira
2011-02-10, 10:38 PM
Wow, that was amazing. Many thanks for that avatar, araveugnitsuga :).
(This post will be edited if the above guess is wrong, but I'm fairly confident in it =p)

Also, since it's not going to fool anybody:

19. Zefir by Me
The idea behind this avatar stemmed from Zefir's request in the Gender Bender topic for a GB'ed avatar of Toric. I don't know how or when, but somehow, when I was trying to gather ideas, his hammer reminded me of mochi (it's a rice cake that, in Japan, is traditionally made by pounding a hammer against the batter until it is ready), so I decided to gender-bend Toric, put her in a Kimono, and had him use his hammer to try to make mochi.

I'm not going to try to guess the rest, since I accidentally found out who drew at least four of these submissions.

Terry576
2011-02-10, 10:40 PM
{table]Image Number|To|From
1|???|Akrim.elf
2|Ninjaman|???
3|Terry576|Teutonic Knight
4|Teutonic Knight|Dr. Epic
5|xellia|araveugnitsuga
6|Mr. Saturn|???
7|licoot|Domochevsky
8|???|???
9|???|???
10|araveugnitsuga|Mr. Saturn
11|???|???
12|???|billtodamax
13|???|Felyndiira
14|Nevitan|???
15|???|???
16|???|???
17|Irbis|???
18|Szilard|smuchmuch
19|akrim.elf|???
20|???|???[/table]

I love that new avatar. It's amaaaaazing.

And yes. I will pretend for as long as possible that nobody knows which avatar I made.

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-10, 10:55 PM
{table=head]Picture|Drawn To|Drawn by
Picture 1||
Picture 2|Ninjaman|Dogmantra
Picture 3|Teutonic Knight|
Picture 4|C-Lam|Zefir
Picture 5||C-Lam
Picture 6|Mr_Saturn|Dogmantra
Picture 7|Licoot|Domochevsky
Picture 8|Of course?|:smallredface:
Picture 9|Dr. Epic|Terry576
Picture 10|araveugnitsuga|Elder Tofsu
Picture 11|LOL!|ROFL!
Picture 12|Billtodamax|Licoot
Picture 13|smuchmuch|
Picture 14|Nevitan|
Picture 15|Domochevsky|
Picture 16||Szilard
Picture 17|Irbis|Nevitan
Picture 18|Szilard|smuchmuch
Picture 19|Zefir|Felyndiira
Picture 20|Dogmantra|
[/table]

Ohhh.. something like this.:smalltongue:

EDIT: Nobodies going to be able to take me seriously with my avatar for now. :smalltongue:

Teutonic Knight
2011-02-10, 11:05 PM
I'll ask it again. What do you other Inkscape people do to make you avatars come in such good quality? I mean, your lines aren't pixely, but mine are. All I do is make them around default avatar size, then edit the parts sticking out without shrinking the avatar to make it fit in 120 by 120. Then I do that export box thing that Trazoi's guide showed everyone.

An example of good quality, both in art and in resolution, is Lightning. Very well done Saturn. :smallbiggrin: b
It tells me I need to work on being more not "classic OotS style" with my avatars.

Dogmantra
2011-02-10, 11:07 PM
Ohhh.. something like this.:smalltongue:

You have me on there twice. :smalleek:

Terry576
2011-02-10, 11:11 PM
I'll ask it again. What do you other Inkscape people do to make you avatars come in such good quality? I mean, your lines aren't pixely, but mine are. All I do is make them around default avatar size, then edit the parts sticking out without shrinking the avatar to make it fit in 120 by 120. Then I do that export box thing that Trazoi's guide showed everyone.

Well I just use the same style of lines, and then I use shadow to hide my mistakes. :smallredface:

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-10, 11:22 PM

An example of good quality, both in art and in resolution, is Lightning. Very well done Saturn. :smallbiggrin: b
It tells me I need to work on being more not "classic OotS style" with my avatars.

Alrighty, alrighty, Lightning was me. I even tried to put Elder Tofsu as the artist, and he's not even playing.

I actually draw really big. The thickness of my lines are usually 8px. The end product would probably be around 360x360px, but I just press the "export this document or selection as a bitmap image" and I just make the largest dimension 120px. And "poof"! You got an avatar. Sometimes the avatar is too much and the 120 pixel limit doesnt look very good, and sometimes it does.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-10, 11:23 PM

It tells me I need to work on being more not "classic OotS style" with my avatars.Just delete everything but the avatar. Then you don't have to do the box. Then just export the whole drawing and change the dimensions until one is 120 and the other is below or 120 as well.

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-10, 11:28 PM
In any case, put me on the next wishlist! Wooooo!

EDIT: And can I get the .svg file for the person who made my avatar? :smallconfused::smallredface:

Terry576
2011-02-10, 11:30 PM
I'd like to be on the next wishlist as well.

And permission to toss "Crystallize" onto Karite's profile. :smallredface:

It's so much better than my current one.

Teutonic Knight
2011-02-11, 12:00 AM
Well Saturn and Gimli, this is the final result of that:

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/8133/tsamsaturn.png

He's gotten a bit of a tan since the last time.

Looks the same to me. And to the above post: PERMISSION GRANTED.
For more hints look at the katana.

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-11, 12:07 AM
Well to me it doesn't look pixel-y. Your avatars never had the problem as far as i know. Perhaps its your monitor... or the fact that you have superior eyesight to see the abnormalities of avatars... or at least of your own.

Felyndiira
2011-02-11, 12:12 AM
Well to me it doesn't look pixel-y. Your avatars never had the problem as far as i know. Perhaps its your monitor... or the fact that you have superior eyesight to see the abnormalities of avatars... or at least of your own.

Ditto. In absolutely none of your avatars have I ever seen anything resembling pixelation (also, aside from the tan, I can't see any difference between the two shinigamis that you posted, either). I think whatever resolution you normally work in is fine.

smuchmuch
2011-02-11, 12:27 AM
Well....

That's an interesting selection....

I can't make heads or tails of it to be honnest, still the funis in trying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From/To

Image 1
Akrim elf/ Domochevsky

kinda trusting ninjaman jugement here but ti does lokk like her style a bit
I'm saying it's domo represented because of the shadowy background

Image 2

Zephir/Ninjaman

Pretty sure of me here. The sOOts style but slightly taller body. and of course ninjaman is a ninja

Image 3

/Terry

Well there weren't that many people with katans to start with so if teutonic knight and ninja man are already placed, that's Terry represnted here.

Image 4

/Teutonic knight

Image 5

Ninjaman/Xelliea

Image 6

DogmanTra/Mr Saturn

Not sure but the banner/card style look a lot like what the did for zephir.

Image 7

Domo/Licoot

Not sure why everyone say licoot (is there a not so pricvate joke i missed somewhare ?) but okay. and of course the style is unmistakable.

Image 8

/Gilghammer

UH ... Hi Mr GilgaBison ?
I'm goign to say Dr epic for the hand drawn screen sretcher. drawing look a little different from last time but he could ahve ben rushed or ti could be on pupose, dunno.

Image 9

/Dr Epic

Image 10

Tsoffu ? /Pinky

Oh urg.. the garish neon pinkness of those hair, I'm red/green deficiant and i still find it garrish.
It's a nice avatar otherwise, but you should have gone a few tone ligher here.

Image 11

Xelliea/

Uh sorry, I'm mostlyguessing by elimination sice he's the only one from wich i've never seen a piece of art before.
could just be a joke from anyone, too. i really couclend't say.

Image 12

Nevitan/billtodamax

Image 13

Pinky/Felyndiira

Colored lines, weird mix of traditional OOTs had and stick limbs and ultra detailled clothes and backgrounds and he present his images in the same format, an avatar sized and a close up. (showoffs :smalltongue:)

Image 14

/Nevitan

Image 15

/

Image 16

Irbis/Akrim elf

I'm taking a complete shot in the dark here.
Whoever did that i have to say it's very funny.

Image 17

/irbis

Image 18

Well I don't hink anyona had trouble getting it, so hurray, I guess.

I have nothing agist guys with glasses but after the twelve Joes from last round. it was kind of feeling redundant The harder was to find somme ideas here without doing yet another mafia avatar (well there's one, kinda), .. so I poked around with different sutff an tried iomme ideas around.
Execution kinda suffered though.

So there's one who's just your avatar remade (with a variant (http://s917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/?action=view&current=slizzardthinking2.png). Also had a gender bendered version in the work but not enough time to finsh), two terrible punn based (I'll let you find those out, they aren't really hard (or that clever to be honnest)) and the two last on you entry in Iron Poet. (kinda tried to get a little elaborate on those, failed miserably I'm afraid.)
Congratulation on making it to round 2 by the way.

Image 19

Feylinndra/Zephir

I like the impression of slapsticky enrgy from that one, it's fun to watch.
if you aren't familiar with japanesse culture, it does make more sense with the explanation, though

Image 20
/Dogmantra

(... A ponnnymantra ? Am I the only one really curious about the reasoning behind that one. )
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It doesn't look that Pixelly to me. I don't really see the problem.

Personally i just make my avatar in a 120*120 box in inkscape and conver tthem to PNG with GIMP.

Teutonic Knight
2011-02-11, 01:05 AM
or the fact that you have superior eyesight to see the abnormalities of avatars... or at least of your own.

Really? That means I am an artist!

Anyway yeah, it's probably because I look at other people's work to see how I can improve, and in doing so, I look back at mine and realize something wrong. I guess pixely isn't the right word, more like, the edges of some lines aren't really smooth. You can see the gray pixels used to make the image show up properly in PNG as opposed to on Inkscape SVG. Around mouths are where I notice most of these pixels. The lines don't look like smooth lines.

Example: Valeo Lancer from my Adoption Center (he's single open)

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8691/valeolancer.png

The lance looks jagged on the left side, like stairs, and the mouth has grayer pixels and the bottom of the middle and two curves at the ends.

Dogmantra
2011-02-11, 01:09 AM
(... A ponnnymantra ? Am I the only one really curious about the reasoning behind that one. )

Presumably it's because I'm a huge fan of the My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic cartoon. :smallcool:

billtodamax
2011-02-11, 01:45 AM
GAH! Smuchmuch, get rid of some of those dashes it's stretching the hell out of my screen!

Anyway yeah, it's probably because I look at other people's work to see how I can improve, and in doing so, I look back at mine and realize something wrong. I guess pixely isn't the right word, more like, the edges of some lines aren't really smooth. You can see the gray pixels used to make the image show up properly in PNG as opposed to on Inkscape SVG. Around mouths are where I notice most of these pixels. The lines don't look like smooth lines.

The lance looks jagged on the left side, like stairs, and the mouth has grayer pixels and the bottom of the middle and two curves at the ends.

You're crazy. *nods*

Domochevsky
2011-02-11, 02:00 AM
Uhm, yeah smuchmuch, about that screen stretching... mind getting a hold of that? :smallannoyed:

smuchmuch
2011-02-11, 02:21 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about and you can't proove anything and it wasn't me, it was my cat (and she also ate my homework) and i'm not going to let my action let in the way of my hypocrisy anyway.

(Sorry, I asumme you are fereing to my previous post. Fixed it)

edit: ah okay, that's the real image 11. Now that's more like it, a lot more like it.
I'd say it's Domo, still by Xelliea.

it could be me in place 1 by Akrim elf. (And if it what I think it is, then that would be hilarious.) Or it could C-Lam.

edit: according to felyndra that'd be C LAm in place 1

Fin
2011-02-11, 02:22 AM
I would just like to point out that Image 11 has been changed to the correct image, as araveugnitsuga pointed out earlier some confusion involving a third party meant wrong image was submitted.

That has been corrected now

Felyndiira
2011-02-11, 04:44 AM
Since enough people have already guessed, might as well (even if I do know 4 of them for certain - please don't look if you don't want those artists spoiled):

1. C-Lam By Arkim.Elf
This is such a deviation from your normal style that I would never have guessed this if I didn't see it in your photobucket account (and you would have pretty much made all of my subsequent guesses wrong as I puzzle over which one is yours =p). C-Lam was a guess from process of elimination.

2. NinjaMan By Zefir
Have to agree with smuchmuch on this one.

3. Terry756 by Teutonic Knight
The curvature on the katana and the subject matter pins it to Teutonic Knight, and Terry756 is the only person here, to my knowledge, that is also present in BleachITP.

4. Teutonic Knight by C-Lam
Once again, unfair advantage due to photobucket. That's all that I will say.

5. Xelliea by Ninjaman
Xelliea was pretty obviously the target. Guessing who the avatar is drawn by is much harder, though the body proportions and the use of shadow effects suggest Ninjaman.

6. Mr. Saturn by Dogmantra
Unless if this is done by someone else to deliberately confuse us, it's consistent with the drawing of Zefir last time.

7. Licoot by Domo
Domo's style is very distinctive. The hair pretty much points to Licoot.

8. Gimliggamer by DrEpic (name fixed)
Huge drawing =p. The drawing has the same bandana as Gimli, so that connection seemed pretty logical.

9. DrEpic by Terry756
The borders on the eyes matches Terry's drawing style. Also, to distinguish between this and #2, Terry is fond of more curved bodies overall, as he even stated in a previous post.

10. araveugnitsuga by Mr. Saturn
This was on his photobucket as well, although Saturn's style is very distinctive. He's one of the few artists that draws hair in that fashion, and the precision of details combined with the body size pretty much points to his work.

11. Domo by Xellian
I know absolutely nothing about Xellian's style, so I pinned him on the last and most uncertain entry by process of elimination.

12. billtodamax by Licoot
If the avatar had hair, it would have been easier to pin. Licoot's avatars usually have eye placements medium-low, though, which is suggested by this avatar. He's also the only person that I know that draws hats in that fashion. Finally, the picture is in his photobucket =p.

13. Me by araveugnitsuga
The colored lines and the distance between the eyes points to ara's style. Aside from that, though, the avatar is gorgeous =D. Thank you.

14. Nevitan by Billtodamax
It's very much Nevitan, with the haunter and all. The wider body structure on Gary and the line width suggests that it's Bill, though this one is really a coil flip (I'm banking on the chance that Gimlig won't get Nevitan twice in a row and that it's not Xelliea, since I do not know how Xell draws).

15. Smuchmuch by Gimliggamer
This one throws a huge wrench into all of my guessing D=. The only reason I guessed smuchmuch is because only he and C-Lam remained on my list, and he drew a lich avatar at some point (whereas I did not find any death knight roleplays from C-Lam). As to who this is from...anyone's guess, really. Putting down Gimlig by elimination.

16. Arkim.Elf by Szilard
Cake ish lie! Wow, it took me a while before I finally got the reference (and with it, the subject). The drawing style is standard Szilard just from all of his past works that I've seen in the various IA competitions. Everything matches down to the line style, the body style, and the decision to use the main character from Arkim's comic.

17. Irbis by Nevitan
The eye size (they are a lot more circle-oval than most people's) and the distance between the eyes is the first thing that pointed to Nevi. After that, a comparison with his previous avatars revealed similar proportions (~1:2.75) and the same body width, so that's my best guess =p. The costume is also consistent with Irbis's old avatar, so this has to be Irbis.

18. Szilard by Smuchmuch
No mistaking smuchmuch's style =p. The lizard and the second avatar marks the subject as Szilard.

19. Zefir by Me
It's totally a guess. I swear XD.

20. Dogmantra by Irbis
Everyone else already made it clear that this is DM-Pony (also, it does say D.M. on the side) =p. Irbis is an educated guess based on the line coloring and the fact that he's the most likely candidate for this joke (though I could be totally wrong).

Zefir
2011-02-11, 05:00 AM
Well I don't get it but that is more caused by my poor knowlege of chines/japan food. but I really like it. Oh and its Taric not Toric its a char from League of Legend And I own with him^^. Could you give me a bigger one of it pls?

Yeah I think my guess aree all said befor.

smuchmuch
2011-02-11, 06:01 AM
15. Smuchmuch by Gimliggamer
This one throws a huge wrench into all of my guessing D=. The only reason I guessed smuchmuch is because only he and C-Lam remained on my list, and he drew a lich avatar at some point (whereas I did not find any death knight roleplays from C-Lam). As to who this is from...anyone's guess, really. Putting down Gimlig by elimination.

Possible, but you won't find any roleplay as a Death knight from me either.
So if it is me indeed, that kind of fall complelty out of the blue.

Weither C LAM is a WOW player, I believe. Don't they have death knights in this game ?
So I think more probable it's her.

Akrim.elf
2011-02-11, 06:04 AM
Image 16
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/akrimelf.png

ow.. this is great idea for comics XD

C-Lam
2011-02-11, 09:02 AM

Weither C LAM is a WOW player, I believe. Don't they have death knights in this game ?

Yea, I'm a WOW player and I also had a death knight avatar for a while, so I'm considering if thats mine too.

Anyway, here's my guesses:

1. ????-????
2. ???? - for Ninjaman
3. ???? - for Terry
4. C-Lam - to Teutonic Knight (Totally a random guess, I swear.:smalltongue:)
5. Ninjaman - to Xelliea (The avatar is clearly for Xelliea, and it looks like Ninjamans style)
6. Dogmantra - to Mr.Saturn (haven't really seen Dogmantras art so much, but its clearly for Saturn.)
7. Domochevsky - to Licoot (The style is typical Domo, and the hair looks like Licoots.)
8. Dr.Epic - to Gimliggamer( The bandana looks like the one on his orignal avatar)
9. Terry - to Dr.Epic (It looks like a doctor, and very typical Terrys style)
10. Mr.Saturn - to araveugnitsuga (The avatar have pink hair, cmon.)
11. ????-????
12. Licoot - billtodamax (The avatar looks like billtodamaxs, and the style looks like Licoots)
13. araveugnitsuga - to Felyndiira (The avatar looks like Felys original one, and the style is a little bit like araveugnitsugas)
14. ???? - to Nevitan (The haunter and everything)
15. ???? - C-Lam, maybe for me since I play WOW and I had a Death Knight avatar before.)
16. ???? - ????
17. ???? - to Irbis (obviously)
18. Smuchsmuch - to Szilard (the style and multiple numbers av avatars)
19. Feylindiira - Zefir (You says it your self :smalltongue:)
20. ???? - Dogmantra (Its a giant pony for gods sake)

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-11, 09:26 AM
I suppose that in the future I should be uploading the images on imageshack or something before putting it on my photobucket until the guessing stage is over. Then the sneaky, detective type guessers who look through portfolios wouldn't be tipped off.

Or I could just privatize my account for a few days. :smallamused:

Felyndiira
2011-02-11, 09:29 AM

Ah, that's probably a more likely situation then. I basically narrowed it down to two people and two entries and did a coin flip, so my guesses for #1 and #15 is probably totally off =p.

@Zefir: Of course:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1646/taric.png

Irbis
2011-02-11, 09:55 AM

I use Paint (formerly known as Paintbrush).

Smoothness? It's just a question of proper resizing.

Yes, I know my avatars suck due to this, you don't have to remind me :smallfrown:

Can you send me a bigger version? I'd like to test my shrinking process on it.

Elder Tsofu
2011-02-11, 12:27 PM

I don't see any excessed jaggedness. Just remember that a pixel has 1 colour, so if you cut across a lot of them diagonally you will get more or less jagged edges. (hitting the corners)
The program might of course compensate for this by exporting the "mean" colour of the pixel (half black half colourless -> grey), making the edge a bit more "blurry".

This would mean that you can draw a horizontal or diagonal line and just be plain unlucky with its placement. (and get a grayish edge)

Or so I think anyway. (I don't really think about it while drawing)

---

And Irbis, I don't remember any excess jaggedness in yours either.

I suppose that in the future I should be uploading the images on imageshack or something before putting it on my photobucket until the guessing stage is over. Then the sneaky, detective type guessers who look through portfolios wouldn't be tipped off.

Or I could just privatize my account for a few days. :smallamused:

Making albums private is a nice feature indeed. :smalltongue:
Its not nice that sub-ablums can't be made private when the main album is open - I think it was possible before.
Thanks for the honour of being a decoy though - although I would find it hard to believe that anyone was actually fooled by it!

Gimliggamer
2011-02-11, 02:09 PM
Since enough people have already guessed, might as well (even if I do know 4 of them for certain - please don't look if you don't want those artists spoiled):

-snip-

You spelled my name two different ways on there.....one was that weird Gilghammer thing (no idea how that happened.) and the other one was correct......what?

Ah, that's probably a more likely situation then. I basically narrowed it down to two people and two entries and did a coin flip, so my guesses for #1 and #15 is probably totally off =p.Probably true.....
>.>

xelliea
2011-02-11, 03:10 PM
Please sign me up to the next round, this is great fun. :smallsmile:

May contain spoilers about guessing.
Really sorry about the first image 11, it wont happen again. :smallfrown:

Irbis
2011-02-11, 04:54 PM
Add me to the next round as well.

Also, I think we really need a table with names/avatars of all contestants made at the start, to make guessing more fun, less chore :/

Ninjaman
2011-02-11, 05:00 PM
Please add themes of some sort.
Also count me in.

licoot
2011-02-11, 05:01 PM
I'm in for the next round to

billtodamax
2011-02-11, 05:30 PM
*loves his new avatar*

Feylndiira is really good at this. o.o

C-Lam
2011-02-11, 05:46 PM
Count me in for the next round too, this was very fun :smallsmile:

Zefir
2011-02-11, 05:55 PM
Yeah NEXT round. Well the guessing isn't my thing I more like to draw and see what is drawn^^.
Oh and if there are newcomers I offer my place for them just to give all a chance to be in here.

yldenfrei
2011-02-11, 07:13 PM
Signing up for next round's wishlist. Hope I get in. Looks fun. ^_^
It would be a challenge to draw others and capture their nuances since I'm new here. :)

Szilard
2011-02-11, 07:38 PM
16. Arkim.Elf by Szilard
Cake ish lie! Wow, it took me a while before I finally got the reference (and with it, the subject). The drawing style is standard Szilard just from all of his past works that I've seen in the various IA competitions. Everything matches down to the line style, the body style, and the decision to use the main character from Arkim's comic.

I didn't realize I made a portal reference... :smalltongue:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-11, 08:37 PM
Add me to the next round as well.

Also, I think we really need a table with names/avatars of all contestants made at the start, to make guessing more fun, less chore :/

Please add themes of some sort.
Also count me in.

I'm in for the next round to

Count me in for the next round too, this was very fun :smallsmile:

Yeah NEXT round. Well the guessing isn't my thing I more like to draw and see what is drawn^^.
Oh and if there are newcomers I offer my place for them just to give all a chance to be in here.

As of the rules, you are going to have to post in the new thread that's going up after Fin reveals who drew who, only people who didn't participate in the last instance can wish for the wishlist.

As for my drawing, that has already been correctly guessed, I can just say the following:
A cookie to whoever correctly guesses the source of it.

Irbis
2011-02-11, 08:47 PM
As for my drawing, that has already been correctly guessed, I can just say the following:
A cookie to whoever correctly guesses the source of it.

Hmm, it looks like that cat/dog thing from Excel Saga.

Edit: Heck, this (http://www.zerochan.net/src/zerochan.Excel.Saga.211323.jpg) was the first thing that showed on Google when I went to look for the picture afterwards :P

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-11, 08:50 PM
Hmm, it looks like that cat/dog thing from Excel Saga.

Edit: Heck, this (http://www.zerochan.net/src/zerochan.Excel.Saga.211323.jpg) was the first thing that showed on Google when I went to look for the picture afterwards :P

Quack's experimental Quiz
Today Experiment: Success

You have a cookie.

Irbis
2011-02-11, 08:59 PM
I'll trade it for being one of the jury, or at least having a constant spot. Deal? :P

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-11, 09:07 PM
I'll trade it for being one of the jury, or at least having a constant spot. Deal? :P

There is no jury, and giving a contestant spot would be unethical, but I'm sure an arrangement could be met.

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-11, 10:30 PM
Check out my new sweet banner. I didn't want to make you do more work pinky.:smallbiggrin:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-11, 11:29 PM
Check out my new sweet banner. I didn't want to make you do more work pinky.:smallbiggrin:

I would happily hove done it you know...

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-11, 11:50 PM
I would happily have done it you know...

Oh well I know now! In any case, I went and did everything on my own except the middle part. It would have been too much trouble to recreate it all from inkscape. You can see where I made some shortcuts for expediency. :smallredface:

Ninjaman
2011-02-12, 02:06 AM
Oh well I know now! In any case, I went and did everything on my own except the middle part. It would have been too much trouble to recreate it all from inkscape. You can see where I made some shortcuts for expediency. :smallredface:

Cool banner how did you copy the middle part?:smallconfused:

Terry576
2011-02-12, 02:17 AM
I presume he used GIMP. It's easier to copypaste stuff like that. :smalltongue:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-12, 02:38 AM
I presume he used GIMP. It's easier to copypaste stuff like that. :smalltongue:

Any software with Bitmap editing capabilities can do it.
And I suspect Vector only can too, though I don't know as Fireworks is Bitmap/Vector editing.

To reproduce the effect of the background, one is a black vector path and a white vector path that has been blurried slightly (Fireworks doesn't die when the effect is used, even when on gigantic canvas), and the other one is a path filled with a Eliptical Gradient made of the rainbow in pastel.

The letters are all vector paths.

Fin
2011-02-12, 06:17 AM
Hey hey hey, reveal thread will be up today. Just have a few errands to run first. A couple of things to keep y'all busy in the time though.

As we said earlier on (in this thread methins) we are going to open up the option of themes to these games, but we do not want to thrust stuff onto you that you do want to do. Like we have said, this game belongs as much to those playing as it does to us running it. So can people start voting for whether or not they would like themes in the next round. I would like for the sake of ease all votes to be structured like this...

Yay, themes!

or

Boo, themes!

Myself and araveugnitsuga will be choosing the themes as there will be certain criteria they have to qualify in order to avoid losing the essence of this game.

Thank you, the reveal thread will be up in a few!

Zefir
2011-02-12, 07:04 AM
Yay, themes!

In my opinion it makes thoughts easier, if the friend you draw has a common avatar. but all depends on the theme.

Ninjaman
2011-02-12, 07:11 AM
Yay, themes!

This! Go themes:smallbiggrin:

Akrim.elf
2011-02-12, 09:45 AM
Yay, themes!

or

Yay, themes!

im so confused :P

GrlumpTheElder
2011-02-12, 10:05 AM
Personally, I'd like to take part in at least one round without,

so I'll say Boo, themes! this time

BUT, I may change my mind after actually playing in a round...

smuchmuch
2011-02-12, 10:33 AM
I am fairly indifferent to themes.
If it was a competition like Iron avatarist, where there is a jury and a winner, then it would make a certain sense.

But as it.... *shrugs*...If the theme is good ,hurray it's a goood source of inspiration. If it is not, as far as I'm concerned, I'll just be all too happy to make one vaguely related hastily drawn avi per batch and compelty ignore it for the rest.

im so confused :P

basicaly those are YES and NO to themes.
Got to vote weither you want themes or not in future rounds.

Irbis
2011-02-12, 10:41 AM
I am fairly indifferent to themes.

But as it.... *shrugs*...If the theme is good ,hurray it's a goood source of inspiration. If it is not, as far as I'm concerned, I'll just be all too happy to make one vaguely related hastily drawn avi per batch and compelty ignore it for the rest.

Pretty much this.

Smuch, read what Tsofu quoted, again :smalltongue:

Elder Tsofu
2011-02-12, 10:58 AM
Smuch, read what Tsofu Akrim.elf quoted, again :smalltongue:

Fixed that for you.

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-12, 11:00 AM
Cool banner how did you copy the middle part?:smallconfused:

MSPaint. Select>Copy>Paste-into-inkscape

Oh and, I'm still wondering how much interest we can keep with this thread since its almost going at light-speed. IA happens every month with varying levels of interest, but also requires more levels of coordination and deals out awards.

This, on the other hand, requires each participant only draw one avatar but happens close to every other week. I'm fine with Boo, Themes!, but that could change depending on what the theme is. Should it be a community-chosen theme where we have sort of a say on what kind of theme we'd like?

Akrim.elf
2011-02-12, 11:08 AM
basicaly those are YES and NO to themes.

i know...
This post was meant to be a little ironic
topics are certainly interesting and I for ...

yeah ...
I'll probably really need to change the avatar ... to us still not wrong

Domochevsky
2011-02-12, 11:54 AM
Well, personally i'm pretty much done with DYF. It was a nice change of pace, but i think i'm tapped out. :smallsmile:
(There's also only so much you can do with someone's avatar, especially for those repeatedly participating. This kinda lives on fresh blood.)

GrlumpTheElder
2011-02-12, 12:49 PM
What about alternating themed with non-themed, that way there would be a nice mix, we'd have twice as long to decide on a theme and it would keep both sides of the electorate happy.

Fin
2011-02-12, 12:51 PM
Ladlies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, Trolls of all ages, please put your hands together for the third annual artist reveal post!!

Domochevsky
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Akrim13/g6709.png
By Akrim.elf
Ninjaman
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Schinobi.png
By Zefir
Terry576
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/954/terryq.png
By Teutonic Knight
Teutonic Knight
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/crystallam1995/th_knight-1.png?t=1297002492
By C-Lam
Xelliea
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g467/Ninjamanhammer/Xelliealarge.png
By Ninjaman
Mr Saturn
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/De_ressurect/smoothsaturn.png
By Dogmantra
Licoot
http://www.nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/DYF/DYF_3c.png
By Domochevsky
Gimliggamer
http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/2662/stuffoo.jpg
By Dr. Epic
Dr. Epic
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab324/Terry576/OoTS/EpicTheDoctor.png
By Terry576
araveugnitsuga
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k125/Yitsockl/lightning.png
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k125/Yitsockl/lightning1.png
By Mr Saturn
Smuchmuch
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5235/shadowh.png
By Xelliea
Billtodamax
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/licoot/billtodamax.png?t=1296683100
By Licoot
Felyndiira
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/OoTS_Avatars/FelyndiiraAvatar.png
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/OoTS_Avatars/FelyndiiraHi-Res.png
By araveugnitsuga
Nevitan
http://i55.tinypic.com/jhezpx.png
By Billtodamax
C-Lam
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/Gimliggamer/C-Lam.png
By Gimliggamer
Akrim.elf
http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd233/SzilardG/akrimelf.pngBy Szilard
Irbis
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n365/b_nebb/lunlun.png
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n365/b_nebb/lunlunlarge.png
By Nevitan
Szilard
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/S-lizzard.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/slizzardthinking1.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/sleazard2.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/emoslizzard.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/slizzardbreak.png
By Smuchmuch

Zefir
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/6177/zefirgb.pngBy Felyndiira
Dogmantra
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/TVKuSQt7I7I/AAAAAAAABD4/Hu1dKX3zvWk/PonyDYF.png
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/TVKuSYfjqwI/AAAAAAAABD8/75xZJL-joW8/PonyDYFs.png
By Irbis

A huge thank you to everyone that participated and please keep voting on the topic of themes. Not too sure when the next game will start, might leave it a week so everyone can recharge. But it is something I will discuss with araveugnitsuga.

Thanks again and I hope everyone likes the avvie that was made for them!

Irbis
2011-02-12, 01:07 PM
How about starting the thread tomorrow for signing in and discussion on (possible) themes and starting the event a week later? :smallwink:

Nevitan
2011-02-12, 01:09 PM
Bwa ha ha, I had a few of you fooled!

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-12, 01:15 PM
How about starting the thread tomorrow for signing in and discussion on (possible) themes and starting the event a week later? :smallwink:
Our policy is that if the quota is filled we start, it would get kinda confusing if we forewent that, also, we would like to keep the voting all in one place.

As for themes, we appreciate suggestions for themes, but we prefer to have the issue with their inclusion cleared up beforehand.

Domochevsky
2011-02-12, 03:02 PM
Huh, i did not expect that one to be mine. The lack of silhouettedness threw me off. :smallbiggrin:

smuchmuch
2011-02-12, 03:20 PM
eh, okay I definitvely got quite a few wrong.

uh, i did not expect that one to be mine. The lack of silhouettedness threw me off.

Same here.
It's not that I'm unhappy with mine, it doesn't look bad and it's certainky different, but I'm not sure I understand the idea behind it.

Zefir
2011-02-12, 03:32 PM
Well for e it is easy to guess which one it is and I really love it. I tried to put it as my mobile phone background but my mobile phone hates the data type^^.

Felyndiira
2011-02-12, 03:36 PM
Oh wow, some of these totally fooled me.

I'll definitely use Pink's avatar after GB week ends =p.

Irbis
2011-02-12, 03:40 PM
It's not that I'm unhappy with mine, it doesn't look bad and it's certainky different, but I'm not sure I understand the idea behind it.

At least I can feel better about my one now :P

Herpestidae
2011-02-12, 06:19 PM
I can vote right? since I'm in the next round and stuff.
Yay, themes!

Terry576
2011-02-12, 09:05 PM
I really like how Teutonic went the route of "Let's check Terry's sig" to find inspiration, then made what I honestly envisioned Karite to look like.

That made my day.

Akrim.elf
2011-02-13, 08:26 AM
I know, this round I was insidious, but just to note, has disappeared - we know it through your feet ...
and also do not see why Domochevsky avatar always be only a dark silhouette
only the rain, I failed ...

Ninjaman
2011-02-13, 12:31 PM
Lots of those werent for/by the ones i thought. Well at least i got my right.

Edit:
Mayby you could just make the theme optional.
So that it was just for inspiration.

Teutonic Knight
2011-02-14, 01:57 AM
I really like how Teutonic went the route of "Let's check Terry's sig" to find inspiration, then made what I honestly envisioned Karite to look like.

That made my day.

I am glad. Now to get a late start on a GB avatar.

By the way, that ^ made my day. Recognition +1

licoot
2011-02-16, 02:29 PM
when do you think the next one will start

Irbis
2011-02-16, 02:39 PM
I wish it started sooner, but our organizers don't want to :smallfrown:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-16, 03:05 PM
We decided to start the thread 3 days after the 12, so it should be going up around today. If by 00:00 a.m. GMT -12 Fin hasn't put up the thread I will.

Irbis
2011-02-16, 03:18 PM
Can you give that in normal time units, please? >_>

Greenwich time if possible?

Domochevsky
2011-02-16, 03:50 PM
I suspect he means "in 3 hours". Though... why 3 days after the 12.? Sounds kinda arbitrary.

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-16, 04:12 PM
New Thread is here
(http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10390190#post10390190)