PDA

View Full Version : Best Facebook Trick Ever!

grimbold
2011-01-31, 11:28 AM
I promise all of you who clicked onthis your facebook experience will be greatly improved.
Go to the bottom of your page. Where it gives you the language options click on English US and then on the little drop down bar, it will give you different types of US English to have your facebook page be in
AND ONE OF THEM BE PIRATE ME MATEYS!!!
have fun

Thufir
2011-01-31, 11:31 AM
I promise all of you who clicked onthis your facebook experience will be greatly improved.
Go to the bottom of your page. Where it gives you the language options click on English US and then on the little drop down bar, it will give you different types of US English to have your facebook page be in
have fun

You've only just found out about that?

Sipex
2011-01-31, 11:35 AM
I can see that, I didn't find out about it until about a month ago.

I tried using Pirate and Leet speak and it was just too frustrating. I'm too accustomed to English.

grimbold
2011-01-31, 11:37 AM
You've only just found out about that?

ouch:smallfrown:

Sipex
2011-01-31, 11:55 AM
Don't let comments like that get you down, people tend to think that once they know something everyone should know it. It's a flawed view.

RabbitHoleLost
2011-01-31, 12:00 PM
Well, it normally is.
Except that there have been articles and such all over the internet about it :smalltongue::smallwink:

Icewalker
2011-01-31, 12:21 PM
There have? I've never seen any kind of article about it or anything. I forget where I heard about it, I think from a friend. But Pirate is definitely the best language setting on facebook. :smallbiggrin:

Sipex
2011-01-31, 12:38 PM
That viewpoint always irked me, I'm always tempted to go off on a tirade whenever someone goes "OMG, you didn't know that?"

I mean seriously, you probably don't know everything I know but I'm not going to ridicule you just because you don't know it. Unless we live in a world where the information should be implanted into our heads at birth I'm not going to expect you to know everything just because I already know it.

Haruki-kun
2011-01-31, 12:56 PM
Unless we live in a world where the information should be implanted into our heads at birth...

Which is what facebook is trying to do! We're all doomed! :smalleek:

Thufir
2011-01-31, 01:02 PM
Thing is, it's not that I assume everyone knows it because I know it.
But I'm pretty sure everyone I know on facebook knows it as well. And I know it's been around for a while. I know various people have enthused about it, and thus the knowledge will have spread. So all my experience of the Pirate language option on facebook indicates that it's old news. When I see 'Best Facebook Trick Ever!' I expect new news. But obviously to grimbold this is new. Hence, I am surprised.

dehro
2011-01-31, 01:17 PM
I hardly ever use facebook, especially now that I've just found out my old classmates want to organize a reunion I have no interest in going to..
and no, I didn't know about it.

Syka
2011-01-31, 01:24 PM
I've alternated between American English, Pirate, and Leet for 3 or so years now. Google has a similar option. No Pirate, but there is stuff like Elmer Fudd, et al.

RandomNPC
2011-01-31, 06:54 PM
I'm not surprised that you just found out about it, I'm surprised that this is prety much a copy paste from one of my friends recent updates....

I pirated about a week after I signed up, and it told everyone I changed my language.

Mauve Shirt
2011-01-31, 07:28 PM
Yeah, the pirate setting has been around for a while. I'm pretty sure there have been other threads in the playground saying that pirate language is the best thing about facebook.

CynicalAvocado
2011-01-31, 07:38 PM
I can see that, I didn't find out about it until about a month ago.

I tried using Pirate and Leet speak and it was just too frustrating. I'm too accustomed to English.

i used upsidedown english. talk about funny annoying

fimzo
2011-01-31, 08:13 PM
I've alternated between American English, Pirate, and Leet for 3 or so years now. Google has a similar option. No Pirate, but there is stuff like Elmer Fudd, et al.

I thought Google also had Pirate. I didn't know that it was a language option for Facebook, but that's probably because I'm the only person on the internet who doesn't have a Facebook.

AsteriskAmp
2011-01-31, 08:22 PM
I thought Google also had Pirate. I didn't know that it was a language option for Facebook, but that's probably because I'm the only person on the internet who doesn't have a Facebook.

Me neither.

Science Officer
2011-01-31, 11:41 PM
lingua latina maxima est.

that's supposed to mean that the latin language is great. I know it's poorly done. please don't hurt me

yeah, google has a bunch too.

Dr.Epic
2011-01-31, 11:41 PM
have fun

Awesome! Although, talking like a Norse Viking would be far better.

grimbold
2011-02-02, 12:13 PM
Awesome! Although, talking like a Norse Viking would be far better.

yay i pleased doctor epic!
norse viking would be awesome
but how would it even work?

Dr.Epic
2011-02-02, 12:20 PM
yay i pleased doctor epic!
norse viking would be awesome
but how would it even work?

1. Take a drink
2. Pillage something
3. Take a drink
4. Declare "For Odin, For Asgard!"
5. Take a drink
6. ???
7. Profit
(8. Take a drink)

Elder Tsofu
2011-02-02, 03:41 PM
*Changes settings*

*Sees no difference from ordinary settings*

*Concludes that grimbold doesn't hold what he promises*

Sipex
2011-02-02, 03:44 PM
I think he needs some caveats. Good places to start would be.

1) You must be required to actually enjoy facebook currently. This sort of thing doesn't work if you already dislike it or find it uninteresting.

2) You must be entertained by the idea of a system like this circumventing the idea of 'language' with some made up languages as well.