PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] I am worried my new DM can't handle the bite he took.

Pika...
2011-02-01, 01:47 PM
So our first-time DM decided to play a planer game, where we could be anything (except Psionics...), any class, with any templates or gastualt, and any source material from WotC. Basically, our first encounter against 70 hobgoblins was a bore to the point he had to just have them walk away.

To boot he gave us a Deck of Many Giggles, and after two off us ended up quite well (and he waved the negatives from the other players) he emailed us today to undo all changes to our characters. I had spent the whole afternoon/day yesterday updating the character....

I emailed the group back saying I am just retiring it (I do not know if I could even properly undo the sheet. LoL).

Thoughts on this please? Advice?

valadil
2011-02-01, 01:55 PM
This is one of the common errors new GMs face. They're often overly ambitious and run things that they, as players, had considered awesome. The World of Darkness campaign where you could be any creature from any book in WoD is another popular instance of this type of GM.

Let his game fizzle out, but don't be discouraging about it. Hopefully your GM will learn why other GMs don't put 70 guys in one fight and then his next game will be better.

Kylarra
2011-02-01, 01:57 PM
Yes it does seem like your DM has let you guys go too far. Perhaps you should just restart at this point.

Pika...
2011-02-01, 01:59 PM
I tried suggesting a restart. I kept getting interrupted. :smallconfused:

Anyway, did I mention he asked us to muchkin? I did not try to, though.

Amnestic
2011-02-01, 02:22 PM
Hang on a second. Planar Campaign? 70 hobgoblins? Deck of Many Things? That sounds familiar. I'm pretty sure there was a thread made by your DM about this admitting that they were having trouble.

Definitely seems like you guys might wanna try more inter-group communication.