PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Marnath
2011-04-08, 06:44 PM
Aww, where did everyone go? :smallfrown: Doesn't matter; even if everyone stops reading this comic, I'll still update!

#125: Here She Comes To Save The Day
*snip*

Fear not dear lady, we're still here! Watching you...from the shadows >.>

What onecount was radic referring to?

Serrin's drunk, but it's probably not Tuesday.:smallwink:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-04-08, 06:53 PM
Did anyone else notice the "cat vs. commoner" thing in panel 5?

Marnath
2011-04-08, 06:55 PM
Did anyone else notice the "cat vs. commoner" thing in panel 5?

Yes. He's right to beware those claws too. :smallamused:

Lycan 01
2011-04-08, 07:56 PM
Hee hee hee. "Shing!" :smallbiggrin:

Qwertystop
2011-04-08, 08:16 PM
Hee hee hee. "Shing!" :smallbiggrin:

I thought it said Shiny, and Fir was either bribing or casting a spell that Fascinates.

Draconi Redfir
2011-04-08, 11:24 PM
i figured it was magic fang, a spell that makes natural weapons magical.

MoleMage
2011-04-09, 12:00 AM
Cof, by the looks of things you had naught to be worried 'bout. For my part...I'm a lurker by nature. I post when I feel like saying something and no more often than that.

SoupLadle
2011-04-09, 01:51 AM
Same here. I'm still reading!

Asta Kask
2011-04-09, 04:03 AM
I needed a laugh today. Thanks.

RdMarquis
2011-04-09, 05:26 AM
You and me both. This update really cheered me up. Fir was awesome in this one (and adorable). Looks like we know what her favorite food is, now. :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-09, 06:16 AM
Awww, thanks everyone! :smallredface:

Serrin's drunk, but it's probably not Tuesday.:smallwink:

Yep, that's it.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-04-09, 08:35 AM
What level is Serrin? Because if Fir has such a high int (as it appears to) Serrin has to be quite high level at least 9th according to the SRD.

Still I loved this comic, familiar cat vs. Commoner the real ultimate showdown:smallbiggrin: And you don't have to worry Coffee, we are all hear though we became silent for little while.

HalfTangible
2011-04-09, 08:49 AM
Yep, that's it.

... i still don't get it

Dusk Eclipse
2011-04-09, 08:51 AM
Serrin says " I came home on a Tuesday night, drunk as a drunk can be"

Radic says she is right on one account (her being drunk), though it isn't tuesday.

Asta Kask
2011-04-09, 09:10 AM
So Matt has fulfilled the first part of the ancient Scandinavian mating ritual - getting her ****-faced drunk.

Now for the second step...

Edit: And cats can be very intimidating. When my cat wants something, he goes over to the bookshelf and starts examining his claws. "Nice books. Pity if something should happen to it. Hmm... my claws need sharpening..."

Strife Warzeal
2011-04-09, 09:18 AM
So Matt has fulfilled the first part of the ancient Scandinavian mating ritual - getting her ****-faced drunk.

Now for the second step...

Isn't that the first step of "mating rituals" in bars worldwide?

Asta Kask
2011-04-09, 09:21 AM
Well, yes... but we perfected it! On Midsummer's Eve you can see the ritual being practised all over the land.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-09, 09:32 AM
Well, yes... but we perfected it! On Midsummer's Eve you can see the ritual being practised all over the land.

Yeah, but Matt's not Scandinavian.

(Uh, I'm not being rude or pushy when I mention TvTropes, right?)

Guess what? Spring break starts next week. You know what THAT means...

And then, next month, I have APs, and then I'm basically done with school...:smallamused:

Asta Kask
2011-04-09, 09:36 AM
Remember, Coffee. Never let a man get you sloshed in a bar, or in Scandinavia. Unless you fancy him, of course.

And never try to get the man smashed if you fancy him. It always leads to disappointments later on.

Mystic Muse
2011-04-09, 09:38 AM
Guess what? Spring break starts next week. You know what THAT means...

That our Spring breaks are on different weeks?:smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2011-04-09, 10:16 AM
What spring and why does it break?

Mystic Muse
2011-04-09, 10:36 AM
What spring and why does it break?

The one in your couch. It was fed up with this world. You were tearing it apart Asta Kask.

Marnath
2011-04-09, 11:59 AM

Maybe you should just link to it in your sig? O.o

TLMonkey
2011-04-09, 02:27 PM
Hey! Isn't Serrin singing that "Seven Drunken Nights" song? And I didn't know such a spell existed! :smalltongue: Good one, maybe she'll finally stop screaming A.K.A. singing while drunk in the next comic, heh...

SoupLadle
2011-04-09, 05:14 PM

Okay, okay, I've updated the Murphy's Law page. :smalltongue:

Just one question, was the coconut song meant as a shout-out to Monty Python or The Lion King?

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-04-09, 05:17 PM

Just one question, was the coconut song meant as a shout-out to Monty Python or The Lion King?

Probably neither. I think Coffee said it wasn't meant as a Lion King reference and it doesn't come up in Python. Matt's question about a bird carrying a coconut is a reference to Monty Python's Holy Grail though I believe.

HalfTangible
2011-04-09, 05:22 PM

The coconut song was a shout-out to the coconut song. :smalltongue: It's a real song that the lion king deigned to reference

CWater
2011-04-10, 12:42 AM
:smallbiggrin: Cats are awesome!

Indeed, and it has results, I have four friends that are born in mid-March.:smallamused:
Every year it's the same hassle to manage to get everyone's birtdaypresents on time.:smallannoyed::smalltongue:

CWater
2011-04-10, 12:43 AM

Indeed, and it has results, I have four friends that are born in mid-March.:smallamused:
To get everyone's birtdaypresents in time is a hassle every year.:smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Draconi Redfir
2011-04-10, 01:07 AM
i know you how feel C-water, May is a big gift-giving month for my family.

We have my mothers, fathers, and sisters’ birthday, PLUS mother’s day. So we need to find two presents for my mom XD

Asta Kask
2011-04-10, 06:17 AM

To get everyone's birtdaypresents in time is a hassle every year.:smallannoyed::smalltongue:

But they're born at the perfect time. The lambs and calves are born at the same time, which means there's plenty of milk to go around.

Nihilistic_One
2011-04-10, 04:28 PM
Greetings. I am a new member of this website, so I decided to have one of my first acts to be giving praise to your webcomic. You have actually managed to obtain the fifth spot in my top five favorite webcomics! Keep up the good work!

leakingpen
2011-04-11, 10:16 AM
the original coconut song, that both monty python and lion king refferenced,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf670orHKcA

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-11, 06:13 PM
Greetings. I am a new member of this website, so I decided to have one of my first acts to be giving praise to your webcomic. You have actually managed to obtain the fifth spot in my top five favorite webcomics! Keep up the good work!

Aww, thank you so much. :smallredface: Welcome to the forum!

Nihilistic_One
2011-04-11, 06:25 PM
Now that I have introduced myself and complimented Coffee's work, let's get down to business. A few days ago, I had a dream that spawned an... interesting idea. If the characters in Murphy's Law were characters in the Rocky Horror Picture Show, who would they be? I have guessed that Matt would be Eddie, Serrin would be Columbia, Radic would be Janet Weiss, Luic would be Brad Majors, Janine would be Magenta, Miles would be Riff Raff, Tinder would be Dr. Everett von Scott, Rust would be Dr. Frank N. Furter, and Lloyd would be The Criminologist. What do the rest of you think?

Mystic Muse
2011-04-11, 06:58 PM
Now that I have introduced myself and complimented Coffee's work, let's get down to business.

To defeat the Huns?

MoleMage
2011-04-11, 07:06 PM
To defeat the Huns?

That was my exact reaction, but you got there first.

Qwertystop
2011-04-11, 07:07 PM
To defeat the Huns?

Of ALL the references?!
:smallfurious:
I only even got that because, to celebrate the last normal History class before Spring Break (The only remaining one is a unit test), we watched Mulan. You could at least have linked it :smalltongue:

EDIT:

That was my exact reaction, but you got there first.
Wow, there's actually more than one person who thinks of this? :smallwink:

Nihilistic_One
2011-04-11, 07:22 PM
To defeat the Huns?

I would complain about how my idea turned into a Mulan reference, but I thought that right after I posted.

Mystic Muse
2011-04-11, 07:25 PM
I would complain about how my idea turned into a Mulan reference, but I thought that right after I posted.

Things like this tend to happen a lot in these threads. Hence the current title.

Nihilistic_One
2011-04-11, 07:37 PM
Seriously though, I would like to hear what you think about the "Murphy's Law/Rocky Horror Picture Show" thing.

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-14, 08:07 PM
looks at awesomeness of comic

hits himself for not finding it sooner

Hiro Protagonest
2011-04-14, 08:18 PM

Hits you for not finding it sooner.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-14, 08:52 PM
Hits you for not finding it sooner.

H-Hey! No violence!

Hey, no need. The comic's still (relatively) young. And thank you! Don't worry, there'll be an update tomorrow too! :smallbiggrin:

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-14, 09:04 PM
Hey, no need. The comic's still (relatively) young. And thank you! Don't worry, there'll be an update tomorrow too! :smallbiggrin:

updates are on the first post right?

Silverraptor
2011-04-14, 11:22 PM
updates are on the first post right?

Yup. She also posts them regularly as well so you'll notice.

On a different note, I will be making a bonus comic inspired from the last panel of Fir's awesomness. Just waiting for Coffee on something and then will be starting it right away.:smallcool:

super dark33
2011-04-15, 10:41 AM
why dont you work on your own comic instead?

HalfTangible
2011-04-15, 10:54 AM
why dont you work on your own comic instead?

Because he feels like doing the bonus for this one?

Silverraptor
2011-04-15, 02:11 PM
Because he feels like doing the bonus for this one?

Exactly. Also this bonus comic is proving that I'm way out of practice. It also doesn't help that I have to draw everything from scratch again.

Juggling Goth
2011-04-15, 03:07 PM
I came home on a Tuesday night
As drunk as drunk could be
And saw this horse in the stable
Where my horse ought to be
I said to my wife, my pretty little wife
Explain this thing to me
What is this horse doing in the stable
Where my horse ought to be?

Oh you old fool, you blind fool
Can't you plainly see?
It's nothing but a milk cow
My momma gave to me

I've travelled this whole world over
Ten thousand miles or more
But a saddle and a bridle on a milk cow
I never did see before
A saddle and a bridle on a milk cow
I never did see before

...right drunken song? Wrong drunken song?

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-15, 03:17 PM
I came home on a Tuesday night
As drunk as drunk could be
And saw this horse in the stable
Where my horse ought to be
I said to my wife, my pretty little wife
Explain this thing to me
What is this horse doing in the stable
Where my horse ought to be?

Oh you old fool, you blind fool
Can't you plainly see?
It's nothing but a milk cow
My momma gave to me

I've travelled this whole world over
Ten thousand miles or more
But a saddle and a bridle on a milk cow
I never did see before
A saddle and a bridle on a milk cow
I never did see before

...right drunken song? Wrong drunken song?

Right drunken song. Working on the comic now; there's a very technically involved panel...

Juggling Goth
2011-04-15, 03:29 PM
*Looks it up* Ah, the Dubliners version is different. I know the Weavers version.

This is what happens when you're raised on folk music...

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-15, 05:06 PM
*Sighs in relief* That took a while! Anywho, please enjoy!

#126: It's Every Adventurer's Best Friend
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/ItsAnAdventurersBestFriend.png

Lycan 01
2011-04-15, 05:08 PM
Ooooooh, pretty windows...

Volthawk
2011-04-15, 05:12 PM
Fir is still not happy. At all.

Lix Lorn
2011-04-15, 05:18 PM
LOVE Serrin's reaction to Fir's revelation. xD

...hmm. I wonder what the fiddly bit could have been...;P

Marnath
2011-04-15, 05:37 PM
It's funny that Radic questions Matt about winning being the first thing he thinks of. It's like she's never met a guy before.:smallbiggrin:

HalfTangible
2011-04-15, 10:35 PM
It's funny that Radic questions Matt about winning being the first thing he thinks of. It's like she's never met a guy before.:smallbiggrin:

Maybe she's never met a guy at the end of a drinking contest before?

Being the daughter of an Ubermerchant pretty much guarantees meet high society people. Doesn't strike me as the place where people get drunk off their asses to test whose liver is stronger.

HalfTangible
2011-04-15, 10:36 PM
LOVE Serrin's reaction to Fir's revelation. xD

...hmm. I wonder what the fiddly bit could have been...;P

*Sighs in relief* That took a while! Anywho, please enjoy!

#126: It's Every Adventurer's Best Friend
[IMG]http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/ItsAnAdventurersBestFriend.png[IMG]

I hereby pronounce Serrin's face in panel 2 Humora Ultimita.

Marnath
2011-04-15, 11:42 PM
Maybe she's never met a guy at the end of a drinking contest before?

Being the daughter of an Ubermerchant pretty much guarantees meet high society people. Doesn't strike me as the place where people get drunk off their asses to test whose liver is stronger.

Any competition, no matter how small and inconsequential. Gotta win it. :smalltongue:

Silverraptor
2011-04-16, 12:11 AM
Okay, so I've been out all day. I'll get to work on the comic asap.

CWater
2011-04-16, 04:35 AM
:smallbiggrin:

I hereby pronounce Serrin's face in panel 2 Humora Ultimita.
I second this!:smalltongue:

Oh, and nice view over the city.. That area across the river, are they slums or something? They look quite dark..

Symmys
2011-04-16, 06:51 AM
The first thing I noticed in that big panel was the graffiti... :smallfrown: Poor Plaavan, can't catch a break.

By the way, Coffee, those stained glass windows look great.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-16, 07:32 AM
:smallbiggrin:

I second this!:smalltongue:

Oh, and nice view over the city.. That area across the river, are they slums or something? They look quite dark..

The first thing I noticed in that big panel was the graffiti... :smallfrown: Poor Plaavan, can't catch a break.

By the way, Coffee, those stained glass windows look great.

Bing! Got it! Sure, the Plavaan can stay in the city even though the state religion hates them. Except look at where they're forced to stay...

It's pretty much the same deal in Runite too.

And thanks about the stained glass windows too.

Draconi Redfir
2011-04-16, 07:33 AM
Pretty sure those are indeed the slums, probably home to a bunch of Plaavan considering the graffiti, and the facts that it is almost entirely walled off and across a river.

Walls to keep the haters out and keep the Plaavan in, and across a river so the "tainted" Plaavan land isn’t touching "pure" ... whatever-country-this-is land.

The fact that the slums seem pretty close to a church of./.. whatsername... probably doesn’t help much.

Asta Kask
2011-04-16, 07:52 AM
Bing! Got it! Sure, the Plavaan can stay in the city even though the state religion hates them. Except look at where they're forced to stay...

The world's most famous bard sings about the Plavaan... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ox1Tore9nw)

HalfTangible
2011-04-16, 11:09 AM
Look on the bright side.

The Plavaan never had to see Batman and Robin. :smalltongue:

A BAT CREDIT CARD?!

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-17, 10:22 PM
Hey everyone, update tomorrow! :smallbiggrin:

Marnath
2011-04-17, 11:24 PM
Hey everyone, update tomorrow! :smallbiggrin:

Awesome. :smallsmile:

Without spoiling anything, could you tell me if Tinder gets a bigger role in the story at some point? Just curious.

Silverraptor
2011-04-18, 12:31 AM
Awesome. :smallsmile:

Without spoiling anything, could you tell me if Tinder gets a bigger role in the story at some point? Just curious.

He's a dragon. What do you think?:smallamused: Coffee has something special planned for him.:smallwink:

Hawkfrost000
2011-04-18, 09:38 AM
Yay for Tinder, he's so cute!

... yet secretly a badass. :smallcool:

DM

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-18, 12:14 PM
Just a few minutes after Rich's update comes my update!

#127: Graphical Representation: Not To Scale
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/GraphicalRepresentationNotToScale.png

Marnath
2011-04-18, 12:20 PM

*snip*

It's really ironic that this comes so soon after my asking if Tinder ever gets a bigger part in the story, haha.:smallbiggrin:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-04-18, 12:20 PM
Heh heh, Matt has so much stuff. :smallamused:

I wonder how Tinder's gonna get out of this one.

HalfTangible
2011-04-18, 12:21 PM

[IMG]http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/GraphicalRepresentationNotToScale.png[IMG]
Would you be surprised to learn i didn't notice the update until you mentioned it? :smalltongue:

*after reading both updates*

How come the guards checking weapons changed partway through? =/ it's not an x-ray machine, it looks like it just highlights weapons

John Cribati
2011-04-18, 12:21 PM
Matt hides Daggers in his hair.

Win.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-04-18, 12:22 PM
Would you be surprised to learn i didn't notice the update until you mentioned it? :smalltongue:

Same here.

Marnath
2011-04-18, 12:25 PM
How come the guards checking weapons changed partway through? =/ it's not an x-ray machine, it looks like it just highlights weapons

Because they had the female guard scan the women and the male guard scan the men?

HalfTangible
2011-04-18, 12:25 PM
Because they had the female guard scan the women and the male guard scan the men?

I saw that. I was asking WHY

Draconi Redfir
2011-04-18, 12:29 PM
Matt hides Daggers in his hair.

Win.

Dude hides daggers in his pants, as in, very close to precious cargo.

That's all new kinds of brave.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-18, 12:31 PM
Dude hides daggers in his pants, as in, very close to precious cargo.

That's all new kinds of brave.

Much as I hate to spoil it, the small weaponry on all the ones with small weaponry...It's kinda like the weapons shrink down when they put them away. Hammerspace arsenal? Like where Link keeps his stuff when he's not using it? And the scanners just show what they have on them.

And as for the gendered guards, higher privacy standards here. Thankfully.

Marnath
2011-04-18, 12:31 PM
I saw that. I was asking WHY

Because that's the way they usually do it in real life?

HalfTangible
2011-04-18, 12:42 PM
Because that's the way they usually do it in real life?
Name me a machine in real life that does nothing but highlight weaponry.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-04-18, 12:44 PM
Yay dragon form Tinder!
...those are some pretty tiny daggers right there. :smallbiggrin:

[is another person who only knew there was a new OotS up because of this thread]
Although in my case it's because I'm subscribed to this thread but don't follow feeds

Silverraptor
2011-04-18, 01:14 PM
Coffee, I am now obligated to post this entirely relevant link. (http://watchseries.eu/sidereel/9963) Unfortunately, it is the whole episode, so just skip to the times "5:27-6:21" and "7:22".

CWater
2011-04-18, 03:37 PM
:smallbiggrin: Oh, that was hilarious!:smallbiggrin:

Poor Tinder...well, at least he managed to step out of the box before he transformed, so he didn't break it:smalltongue: ...or got crushed himself, I'm not sure how solid magical skanners are...

The skanners colouring is nice, also the guards helmets:smallsmile:
One minor nitpic is that I think Tinder's head is a little too big in the eight panel.

RdMarquis
2011-04-18, 04:56 PM
If Matt threaded all his daggers together, would it count as chainmail armor? :smalltongue:

leakingpen
2011-04-18, 04:58 PM
Much as I hate to spoil it, the small weaponry on all the ones with small weaponry...It's kinda like the weapons shrink down when they put them away. Hammerspace arsenal? Like where Link keeps his stuff when he's not using it? And the scanners just show what they have on them.

And as for the gendered guards, higher privacy standards here. Thankfully.

so, like ultraviolet?

HalfTangible
2011-04-18, 05:14 PM
If Matt threaded all his daggers together, would it count as chainmail armor? :smalltongue:

He'd need to connect them with other tiny daggers :smalltongue:

Ninjaman
2011-04-19, 04:45 AM
Yay dragon form Tinder!
...those are some pretty tiny daggers right there. :smallbiggrin:

[is another person who only knew there was a new OotS up because of this thread]
Although in my case it's because I'm subscribed to this thread but don't follow feeds

I hate to spoil (no i really don´t) but the title says not to scale.

Knifemail? also unlucky one who attempts a grapple check against him.

Symmys
2011-04-19, 02:58 PM
:smallbiggrin: Let's see how Tinder gets out of this one.

Silverraptor
2011-04-19, 03:41 PM

"...I can explain."

Hiro Protagonest
2011-04-19, 03:44 PM

Lloyd handles it, combined with Tinder's maxed out bluff.

Asta Kask
2011-04-20, 05:34 AM
Blood. Blood. Blood.

Orzel
2011-04-20, 06:21 AM
Hehe

I see there's no daggers in his hands.

By that, I mean in his hands

I'm willing to bet he forgot toenails too. The right size fits in the big one. Rookie mistake will get you killed, little rogue.

(Currently has sharpened metal sewn in his pants leg in rl)

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-20, 10:35 AM
Sorry guys, I can't update until Friday. I've got a lot of work that I'd like to get done today.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-04-20, 10:47 AM
I hate to spoil (no i really don´t) but the title says not to scale.

I was talking about the ones in his hair which presumably wouldn't count as being in the tunic of holding, but then Serrin's got an equally tiny one in her belt so I guess it's a magic quality of the weapons which makes them shrink when stowed away? I've not played any Zelda games so I've not heard about that system before, although I have heard of hammerspace.
I'm going to continue to imagine that the ones in his hair are itsy bitsy anyhow because it amuses me. He'd have to hold them daintly between thumb and fore finger perhaps and possibly fling them like darts... although it's more amusing to imagine him using it as a main close range weapon... :smallbiggrin:

Sorry guys, I can't update until Friday. I've got a lot of work that I'd like to get done today.

No need to apologise, caffeinated one. I think most people weren't expecting any more bonus updates this week anyhow. Hope the work's not too mundane. :smallsmile:

EndlessWrath
2011-04-21, 02:07 AM

Hey we're just happy we get to read something as awesome as this.

that being said...

Blood. Blood. Blood.
And now we know, and knowing is half the battle. G.I. Joe!

jk.. My predictions lead me to believe that will be cast out of the city, arrested (have Tinder's ole' pally buddy here explain) or shenanigans. Sorry Blood god, no blood for you today.

Asta Kask
2011-04-21, 04:28 AM
People can use detect evil on Tinder and discover he's not evil. Is it illegal to be a dragon in this city?

Ninjaman
2011-04-21, 04:29 AM
People can use detect evil on Tinder and discover he's not evil. Is it illegal to be a dragon in this city?

Is it illegal to be evil?
*runs away and hides*

Asta Kask
2011-04-21, 06:31 AM
That's a good question. Only the most Paranoid Good governments make it illegal.

Draconi Redfir
2011-04-21, 06:53 AM
Maybe Serrin can just start laughing and say it was a practical joke, and that she is an illusionist?

Asta Kask
2011-04-21, 07:27 AM
Maybe Serrin can say "I'm a 9th level wizard and can take out the lot of you without breaking a sweat." :smallcool:

GreenMuffin
2011-04-21, 09:16 AM
Maybe Serrin can say "I'm a 9th level wizard and can take out the lot of you without breaking a sweat." :smallcool:

or maybe Tinder can say something similar about being a dragon.

Symmys
2011-04-21, 10:42 AM

That seems like a bad idea, considering this is a diplomatic mission...

Asta Kask
2011-04-21, 11:12 AM
That seems like a bad idea, considering this is a diplomatic mission...

Yeah... it'd fit perfectly with Serrin's personality. She's not stupid, but she's definitely a disaster waiting to happen.

ETA: See also "Why it is a bad idea to send Chaotic characters on diplomatic missions."

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-22, 10:58 AM
Next week, Prince Riley! :smallbiggrin:

#128: What Else Does She Have
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/WhatElseDoesSheHave.png

super dark33
2011-04-22, 11:02 AM
Wonder wats in that paper.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-04-22, 11:02 AM
Ah, the power of politics. When you can hold up a piece of paper with something written on it and it solves all your problems.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-04-22, 11:05 AM
Yeah... it'd fit perfectly with Serrin's personality. She's not stupid, but she's definitely a disaster waiting to happen.

ETA: See also "Why it is a bad idea to send Chaotic characters on diplomatic missions."

There you go, Asta. She did us all proud and proved you wrong (for now).

I'm assuming the bit of paper is a note from her mom. :smallamused:

Edited to Add: Is it just me, or does Tinder's dragon form look a lot smaller than it did in the arc in the woods? :smallconfused:
[looks back]
Maybe not. Looking back he's generally about that sort of scale with a few inconsistencies. (Or what look like inconsistencies to me. My concept of scale is bizarre).

Draconi Redfir
2011-04-22, 11:09 AM
"i herby allow my child to travel with this dragon because he is a nice boy and not dangerous at all. i would know. -Serrins famous wizard mom"

Hiro Protagonest
2011-04-22, 11:12 AM
"i herby allow my child to travel with this dragon because he is a nice boy and not dangerous at all. i would know. -Serrins famous wizard mom"

Yeah, the letter probably had something to do with the Peakane family. Which is a 20th level wizard and a 20th level bard. Plus Serrin and the arcane archer.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-04-22, 11:12 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of "This half elf is my daughter - Saffrin Peakane"
I expect in this setting that generally means "do what she says". :smallcool:
But your phrasing is funnier.
Looking forward to seeing Prince Riley. (The tension builds).

Marnath
2011-04-22, 01:01 PM
I like how Serrin can be all business one moment and the next she's all "Yay!:smallbiggrin:"

blackjack217
2011-04-22, 01:45 PM
I like how it sounds like Tindar is a particularly dangerous pet.

Lycan 01
2011-04-23, 01:27 AM
Behold, the powers of bureaucracy! :smallbiggrin:

Asta Kask
2011-04-23, 03:23 AM
Diplomatic immunity is a long tradition, so Tinder should be fine. Unless he starts chewing the local populace.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-25, 10:17 AM
Going to try to update this week, but I have APs the next two weeks, so if I can't, I can't. Sorry.

BUT, afterward, considering that I'm a senior heading to an Ivy League school and half my classes don't even meet after APs, well... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senioritis)

Silverraptor
2011-04-25, 10:39 AM
Going to try to update this week, but I have APs the next two weeks, so if I can't, I can't. Sorry.

BUT, afterward, considering that I'm a senior heading to an Ivy League school and half my classes don't even meet after APs, well... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senioritis)

Ah, yes. I know this all to well. Please, have a seat on this couch while I get a pencil and note-pad. Now, please tell me about your problems.

blackjack217
2011-04-25, 11:25 AM
Ah, yes. I know this all to well. Please, have a seat on this couch while I get a pencil and note-pad. Now, please tell me about your problems.

And how do they make you feel

SamBurke
2011-04-25, 02:12 PM
This is the most recent thread, right?

I just got started on this webcomic, gooood stuff. Love the background, especially Zeyphr's backstory.

HalfTangible
2011-04-25, 02:30 PM
And how do they make you feel

All tingly inside. Fear -_-

Alagaesian
2011-04-25, 09:30 PM

Same with me, except my three tests happen to be on the first three test days. My other three classes are band (no homework), physics (easy homework), and creative writing (homework I'd end up doing anyways). A similar thing happened with me last year, especially since I was in a bunch of senior-dominated classes. I spent the last two weeks of junior year playing euchre and writing.

SamBurke
2011-04-27, 02:20 PM
So, how often does this update under normal circumstances?

Mystic Muse
2011-04-27, 02:22 PM
So, how often does this update under normal circumstances?

Once every Friday.

SamBurke
2011-04-27, 02:23 PM
Thanks, Kyuubi!

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-29, 09:09 PM
Sorry I couldn't update today; I have to study for APs. But once they're over (And three of the four, including the two hardest, are this week), I'll basically be done with school, which means that...Let's just say that I'm probably going to be bringing in my laptop so I can work on the comics in school during my four new free periods and leave it at that, okay? :smallbiggrin:

Marnath
2011-04-29, 09:47 PM
Cool.:smallsmile:
Good luck on the tests!

Devmaar
2011-04-30, 04:43 AM
Don't worry about it, good luck :smallsmile:

CWater
2011-04-30, 06:01 AM
Good luck!:smallsmile::smallcool:

Asta Kask
2011-04-30, 07:02 AM
Fingers crossed!

RdMarquis
2011-04-30, 04:32 PM
Best of luck to you.

Lix Lorn
2011-04-30, 04:55 PM
G'luck, Coffee!

Silverraptor
2011-04-30, 05:01 PM
"Study, study, study, study those information packed APs."

SamBurke
2011-04-30, 06:44 PM
Oh yeah. Do your best, man, get a really good education, so you can come back and entertain us lifeless masses with webcomics.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-04-30, 11:22 PM
Oh yeah. Do your best, man, get a really good education, so you can come back and entertain us lifeless masses with webcomics.

Um.. you know coffee is a girl right?:smalltongue:

Having said that, Good luck coffee; you will do great I am sure of it:smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2011-04-30, 11:29 PM
Thank you, everybody. :smallsmile:

Mystic Muse
2011-04-30, 11:39 PM
Um.. you know coffee is a girl right?

Having said that, Good luck coffee; you will do great I am sure of it:smallsmile:

I think he was using the slang version of man, in the same way one would say "Those guys" even when there are girls in a group or "Dude not cool" even if they person they were talking to isn't actually a guy.

Thanks, Kyuubi!

You're welcome. Sorry I didn't respond sooner but I didn't want to eat up even more of the thread.

I hope it goes well coffee.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-04-30, 11:41 PM
:Read my own post again:...>_< I forgot the :smalltongue:

Was meant as humour, now excuse me while I go edit the post.

leakingpen
2011-05-01, 11:35 AM
eat your favored fragrant fruit or veggie slowly while studying (oranges are the most common, i prefer jicama) and then scarf one right before the test. Its proven to increase memory.

Alagaesian
2011-05-01, 02:43 PM
Huh. My three tests happen to be this week too. What sucks is that two of them, psychology and chemistry, are both on the same day. And that day happens to be tomorrow.

Good luck, Coffee, and may we both get some college credit out of this crazy week.

BeethroBudkin07
2011-05-01, 04:18 PM
While we're on the subject of tests, I happen to have a big one on argumentative tests this Thursday.

Go get 'em, Coffee! I'm cheering for you on the sidelines! :smallbiggrin:

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-01, 06:29 PM

I think he was using the slang version of man, in the same way one would say "Those guys" even when there are girls in a group or "Dude not cool" even if they person they were talking to isn't actually a guy.

I find it mildly amusing that this isn't the first time this has happened in a Murphy's Law thread...

Can't really gauge how serious you're being there (my guess is that you know I know (that I'm not telling the truth) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_Gced_Z_KU)) but I was aware, I'm just one of those people who insists on using "man, guys, and duuude" for gals as well as males. I kind of have a "thing"* about gender issues, (which is probably not evident at all in the theme of the fancomic I've been doing) pronouns and linguistics so I do this for kicks. :smallbiggrin:

*The "thing" there being an interest in how society reacts to gender and not any sort of resent for men or women as groups, just to be clarify I'm not a raving sexist/chauvinist/mysogynist just a rather curious person.
(I've lost which thread and page I took this from now (a trip to the board rules forum for some lurking could be in order here) but it was in response to me using man/dude/guy or a variant of these in reference to Coffee and to Marnath politely pointing out the symbol under her sig in case me using a male term for her bugged her after this potential faux pas. Pointing this out as trivia, not to start a disucussion discussion.We're all so darned considerate here in the playground sometimes... :smalltongue:)

See you when I've got something more relevant to post, Coff et al!
[exit RIGBY stage left]

Teutonic Knight
2011-05-01, 09:21 PM
AP's! I got Lit and Calc. But after that nothing! pretty much. One week then done. :smallbiggrin:

SamBurke
2011-05-02, 11:31 AM

D'oh. Critical Failure. Oh, and yes, I did assume you were a girl. I call everyone dude. If that offends you, sorry.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-02, 11:09 PM
Thanks, everyone. And it's okay, Sam. Update Friday!

Marnath
2011-05-05, 06:50 PM
Hmm, not a lot of discussion recently. I've been really busy, for my part. I promise I'm still very much interested, I've just been working like 70 hours a week for my dad.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-05, 07:12 PM
Update tomorrow, guys! And guess who now has 4 free periods to work on the comic when she brings her laptop into school?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-05, 09:38 PM
Update tomorrow, guys! And guess who now has 4 free periods to work on the comic when she brings her laptop into school?

Oh...Oh I know, me:smallbiggrin:?

[/badjoke] though I do really have free periods tomorrow...well actually the whole day, ah the joy of not having exams tomorrow.

Seriously now, that is great Coffee; since you seem to be happy is it safe to assume you did well on your tests?:smallsmile:

Alagaesian
2011-05-05, 10:28 PM
Yeah, how well do you think you did? And which tests did you take, anyways?

I took Chem, Psych, and Calc, and though I'm pretty sure about 95% of my psych class got screwed by the open response section, I think I did a fairly good job on all three tests. I'll be surprised if I don't get a five on my chem test.

Now to find a way to make this somewhat on-topic. Hmm. Have you ever found that the classes you take in school tend to influence what you're writing about, especially the AP ones, since you're doing homework from that class nearly every day?

My personal examples:
AP US History = 50k-word story about a guy who falls in love with a slave girl and then gets involved in the revolutionary war.
AP Bio = Many short stories involving genetics and physiology and the effects of genetic engineering on society
AP Psych = The current story I'm working on, a very long tale involving three main characters, one dealing with a developing antisocial disorder due to being desensitized by violence, another with amnesia, and the last with severe Moral Myopia and self-control issues.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-05, 10:34 PM
I took Chem, Calc AB, and Lit and Comp; I'm taking Gov and Pol Wednesday. I think I got a 4 or 5 on chem and calc, and I'm confident I got a 5 in English and will in Government.

Thanks for asking, guys. :smallsmile:

And yes, actually! The origins for this story, and Aequar itself, came from my European History class! (I got a 5, in case you were wondering).

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-05, 10:42 PM
How are they grading you:smallconfused:? Is it like the IB where 7 is the maximum grade? Because at least here in México a 5 is fail (it is usually graded out of 10)

Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about other school systems outside México, so please enlighten me.

Silverraptor
2011-05-05, 10:56 PM
How are they grading you:smallconfused:? Is it like the IB where 7 is the maximum grade? Because at least here in México a 5 is fail (it is usually graded out of 10)

Disclaimer: I know next to nothing about other school systems outside México, so please enlighten me.

I think the grading is from 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-05, 10:57 PM
I think the grading is from 1 to 5, with 5 being the highest.

....:smallredface: that does makes quite a bit of sense

Asta Kask
2011-05-06, 03:26 AM
I took Chem, Calc AB, and Lit and Comp; I'm taking Gov and Pol Wednesday.

When are you taking Physics? :smallbiggrin:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-06, 12:56 PM
When are you taking Physics? :smallbiggrin:

Who needs physics? The rules of D&D ignore most of it anyway. :smalltongue:

Dark Faun
2011-05-06, 01:28 PM
Now that I am back and (very slightly) mentally stabler, CoffeeIncluded, do you wish me to reupload those old Murphy's Law comics and pictures I made back in the time?

CWater
2011-05-06, 02:07 PM
Now that I am back and (very slightly) mentally stabler, CoffeeIncluded, do you wish me to reupload those old Murphy's Law comics and pictures I made back in the time?

Can't speak for Coffee, but I myself would very much like to see them again.:smallsmile:

There is one among them that still makes me snicker every time I remember it.:smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-06, 02:07 PM
Guys? Once I finish the last AP I'll have HALF THE SCHOOL DAY FREE. Which means I'll be working on the comic in school every day, which means I can update much more frequently! Like today!

#129: The Boy Prince
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/TheBoyPrince.png

(Alt title: Heroines Want Redheads Too)

If you'd like, then yes please. Glad you're feeling better.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-06, 02:12 PM
I love Fyr's and Math's reactions... PRICELESS, though the girls (and Loyd) expressions are awesome on their own right.

BTW coffee, why is there water (or sweat) coming out from Serrin's head on panel two?

Edit: I like the alt title more...

Aaron
2011-05-06, 02:50 PM
Hee hee. The girls reaction to the prince is just awesome. :smallbiggrin: While Fir is just going, "Here we go again." :smallannoyed:

I'll bet the prince has well over 22 charisma. :smalltongue:

Ninjaman
2011-05-06, 03:51 PM
Hee hee. The girls reaction to the prince is just awesome. :smallbiggrin: While Fir is just going, "Here we go again." :smallannoyed:

I'll bet the prince has well over 22 charisma. :smalltongue:

And that is without his very impessive title (munchkin reference)

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-06, 04:35 PM
@México resident's Dusk Eclipse's question:

Sweat = water + salt + impurities = H2O + NACL = cleaning product/ grime...

Short answer? Yes. Yes it is! :smallbiggrin:

@Dark Faun:
I agree with CWater, personally. I'd be happy to see your stuff agian. :smallsmile:

@Coffee:
Nice update. Keep thinking of Prince Riley as elven/elfin but he doesn't seem to have any points to his ears. Clearly he's been around/ influincing stuff for a long time though, yeah?

Silverraptor
2011-05-06, 04:45 PM
I see Serrin is falling into the same trap around charismatic human men that her mother did.:smallamused:

Marnath
2011-05-06, 05:23 PM
I took Chem, Calc AB, and Lit and Comp; I'm taking Gov and Pol Wednesday. I think I got a 4 or 5 on chem and calc, and I'm confident I got a 5 in English and will in Government.

Thanks for asking, guys. :smallsmile:

And yes, actually! The origins for this story, and Aequar itself, came from my European History class! (I got a 5, in case you were wondering).

Congrats. :smallsmile:

Andre
2011-05-06, 05:49 PM
Now even Cats can perform face...pawing? :smallfurious:

Just kidding. :smallwink:

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-06, 05:53 PM
FUH-FUH-FUH-FUH-FACEPAAAAALLLMM

That is really all there is to say on the matter.

and ten bucks says the prince is like, ten years younger then the girls.

Marnath
2011-05-06, 08:10 PM
FUH-FUH-FUH-FUH-FACEPAAAAALLLMM

That is really all there is to say on the matter.

and ten bucks says the prince is like, ten years younger then the girls.

Probably closer to 20 in Serrin's case. :smallsmile:

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-06, 09:38 PM
@México resident's Dusk Eclipse's question:

Sweat = water + salt + impurities = H2O + NACL = cleaning product/ grime...

Short answer? Yes. Yes it is! :smallbiggrin:

umm thanks?:smallconfused:

When did I ask about that?....

RdMarquis
2011-05-06, 10:31 PM
I think the prince just made it on to the list of people Matt is jealous of. Also, I love Janine's huge grin in that last panel.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-06, 10:31 PM
umm thanks?:smallconfused:

When did I ask about that?....

Serrin's sweating because she's nervous.

Heh, Riley's age? Well, Tinder and Serrin excluded, the rest of the cast is in their mid-to-late twenties. :smalltongue:

Also, you didn't notice Matt's tattoos? :smalltongue:

And Fir is the best.

John Cribati
2011-05-06, 10:32 PM
Is it just me, or is Lloyd entertaining... certain thoughts?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-06, 10:34 PM
Serrin's sweating because she's nervous.

Heh, Riley's age? Well, Tinder and Serrin excluded, the rest of the cast is in their mid-to-late twenties. :smalltongue:

And Fir is the best.

.....:facepalm: Ok how in the nine hells I didn't make that connection, though to be honest Serrin doesn't seems to be the kind of girl who would sweat for that kind of stuff, or at least that is the impression I have.

:smallsigh: I really need more sleep.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-06, 10:35 PM

I noticed Matt's tattoos. It's just not that important.

RdMarquis
2011-05-06, 10:59 PM
They will probably be important later in the story, though. Besides, they look really cool. :smalltongue:

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-07, 12:28 AM
the tatoos are from here (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/IASummer.png) silly!

and they do look cool, but im not sure what they mean, or do they just look cool?

DM

Ninjaman
2011-05-07, 01:46 AM
the tatoos are from here (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/IASummer.png) silly!

and they do look cool, but im not sure what they mean, or do they just look cool?

DM

But now they are the other way around :smalleek:

CWater
2011-05-07, 02:13 AM
Muahhahhaaa!!:smallbiggrin: That last panel is awesome!!
They all react in their own way...:smallwink:

I also like that Riley really looks like he's cute, not necessarily easy to do with a stick figure.:smalltongue: Hoo, wants to draw fan art...

Dark Faun
2011-05-07, 06:27 AM
If you'd like, then yes please. Glad you're feeling better.
Okay. I've uploaded them on deviantART (http://darkfaun.deviantart.com); there's no bandwidth issue there and they'll be easier to find for fans of your comic. I'll upload the trading card game pics when I finish the whole lot. Once I find a new font since I didn't make the current one, I don't remember who made it and it's more related to OotS than M'sL anyway.

So, I read the strips I missed.

Lemme tell you; Fir didn't need to use magic to threaten that human. All commoners, bar no exception, know they cannot survive a house cat's attack. Notorious D&D fact.

Also, I vaguely recall you getting outraged when I joked that Lloyd was homosexual, way back at the beginning of the strip. And now he's gay. Uh. I'll add it to the Odd Things, like another joke of mine that (if my understanding of the events is correct) turned Janine in a nymphomaniac I want to punch silly.

There is one among them that still makes me snicker every time I remember it.:smallamused:
Which one was it?

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-07, 02:07 PM
I also like that Riley really looks like he's cute, not necessarily easy to do with a stick figure.:smalltongue: Hoo, wants to draw fan art...

but not as cute as tinder in his bag of loot :smallsmile:

DM

HalfTangible
2011-05-07, 02:34 PM

DM

Technically it was a bag of someone else's loot. :smalltongue: :tongue: :smalltongue:

CWater
2011-05-07, 03:28 PM
Which one was it?
The one with Serrin's imagination.:smallamused:

True:smalltongue:

Dark Faun
2011-05-07, 04:07 PM
The one with Serrin's imagination.:smallamused:
You'll be glad to know this one is back (http://darkfaun.deviantart.com/#/d3frtbd) then.

DM
Two different kinds of cute. One is "Mom, can I keep it? I will love it and call it George and then microwave it to death by accident," the other is "Who am I kidding. I'D TAP THAT." (http://fishmas.deviantart.com/art/DA2-Merrill-Romance-199168756)

Mindfreak
2011-05-07, 04:18 PM
Just saying, this has got to be my favorite of the Fan-comics. It always seems to bring in jokes right where they belong.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-07, 08:02 PM
Muahhahhaaa!!:smallbiggrin: That last panel is awesome!!
They all react in their own way...:smallwink:

Aww, thanks! :smallbiggrin:

Okay. I've uploaded them on deviantART (http://darkfaun.deviantart.com); there's no bandwidth issue there and they'll be easier to find for fans of your comic. I'll upload the trading card game pics when I finish the whole lot. Once I find a new font since I didn't make the current one, I don't remember who made it and it's more related to OotS than M'sL anyway.

So, I read the strips I missed.

Lemme tell you; Fir didn't need to use magic to threaten that human. All commoners, bar no exception, know they cannot survive a house cat's attack. Notorious D&D fact.

Also, I vaguely recall you getting outraged when I joked that Lloyd was homosexual, way back at the beginning of the strip. And now he's gay. Uh. I'll add it to the Odd Things, like another joke of mine that (if my understanding of the events is correct) turned Janine in a nymphomaniac I want to punch silly.

Thanks, Dark Faun. But I had written Lloyd as gay from the start.

Dark Faun
2011-05-08, 09:20 AM
He's not bisexual? Didn't Janine's aphrodisiac affect him? :smallconfused:

Anyway, do you have a "trademark" symbol, like the giant footprints for this site? The trading card game parodies just look odd with OotS symbols on them (not to mention the design wasn't made by me).

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-08, 09:27 AM
He's not bisexual? Didn't Janine's aphrodisiac affect him? :smallconfused:

Anyway, do you have a "trademark" symbol, like the giant footprints for this site? The trading card game parodies just look odd with OotS symbols on them (not to mention the design wasn't made by me).

IIRC it did have an effect on Lloyd but that effect was for him to be more attracted to the boys' (Matt and Tinder) acting all horny. That could just be my interpretation though.

fizzybobnewt
2011-05-08, 09:40 AM
I think that kind of thing doesn't matter with the potion, it just affects all males.

Dark Faun
2011-05-08, 10:00 AM
"That's a love potion that my mom made as a gag gift! It's supposed to make you more attractive to the opposite sex (and people of the same sex who prefer that), but she accidentally made it too strong!" (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/InsultToRemus.png)

It doesn't specify whether it affects gay members of the opposite sex. It logically shouldn't, but if you go for Rules As Written instead of As Intended... :smalltongue:

So either of you (or even both) could be right.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-08, 10:42 AM
IIRC it did have an effect on Lloyd but that effect was for him to be more attracted to the boys' (Matt and Tinder) acting all horny. That could just be my interpretation though.

Bingo. The potion has an area effect, focused on the drinker.

John Cribati
2011-05-08, 04:45 PM
"That's a love potion that my mom made as a gag gift! It's supposed to make you more attractive to the opposite sex (and people of the same sex who prefer that), but she accidentally made it too strong!" (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/InsultToRemus.png)

Actually, that does make logical sense. The potion works on everyone of the opposite sex, AND everyone of the same sex who prefer that. No issue.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-08, 04:56 PM

DM

In coffies world you get a tatoo for learning diffrent trades or something like that. So someone with a tatoo of a bears paw and a tatoo of a broken lock would be a rogue/druid cross or something like that.

i dont remember the details.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-08, 05:27 PM
In coffies world you get a tatoo for learning diffrent trades or something like that. So someone with a tatoo of a bears paw and a tatoo of a broken lock would be a rogue/druid cross or something like that.

i dont remember the details.

Yeah, pretty much. Notice that one of the flames is violet...

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-08, 05:30 PM
Are they? :smallconfused: ... apparently my monitor can't render the colour. To me all the flames appear to be dark grey.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-08, 05:33 PM
Are they? :smallconfused: ... apparently my monitor can't render the colour. To me all the flames appear to be dark grey.

There's this one small flame that looks like it's part of another flame, that's the purple one. I had to zoom in to see the color difference.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-08, 05:36 PM
There's this one small flame that looks like it's part of another flame, that's the purple one. I had to zoom in to see the color difference.

Huh, you are right...sneaky coffee putting those tiny details... and considering you mentioned that, is it safe to assume this will probably become a Chekov's gun?

Lix Lorn
2011-05-08, 05:40 PM
He has a level in something that shoots fire!
And didn't take another cause he realised how bad his mental ability scores were. :smalltongue:

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-08, 05:41 PM
He has a level in something that shoots fire!
And didn't take another cause he realised how bad his mental ability scores were. :smalltongue:

Pyrokinetist don't need mental scores IIRC...

Lix Lorn
2011-05-08, 06:04 PM
Yes, but it requires manifesting, which does.

[obligatoryrant]Argh pyrokineticist requires manifesting but doesn't boost it rargh[/rant]

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-08, 06:05 PM
Yes, but it requires manifesting, which does.

[obligatoryrant]Argh pyrokineticist requires manifesting but doesn't boost it rargh[/rant]

Wild Talent and Hidden Talent say hi!:smalltongue:

Maquise
2011-05-08, 07:22 PM
Does psionics even exist in Aquer?

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-08, 07:27 PM

Matt does not have the wisdom to know what Psionics is much less use it.

i love high int low wis characters

DM

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-08, 07:33 PM
Matt does not have the wisdom to know what Psionics is much less use it.

i love high int low wis characters

DM

Actually, Matt's got average intelligence and low wisdom. :smalltongue:

And no. There are no psionics in Aequar.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-08, 08:06 PM
Hm.
'Nother page of that cover comic I was doing. Think it was meant to have some speech bubbles and the url at the bottom is outdated, but since it's been on my "to do list" for so long and I've had an hour or two to kill, here it is...

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa405/Zomp_Jorr/murphyslawpage4.jpg

ETA: Coffee, while I'm up... your first post has said you were going to have more banners for a while now. D'ya wanna commission one? If your idea was very basic I could probably come up with something you could use...?

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-08, 10:28 PM
Eee! Thank you so much, Rigby! And I'm sorry about the banner thing; I've just been so busy that I forgot. If you'd like to do one, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you so much.

Asta Kask
2011-05-09, 08:39 AM
Matt must also have Charisma in the negatives or Janine would have at least shown some interest in him.

Or perhaps she only hunts one prey at a time... :smallwink:

Dark Faun
2011-05-09, 09:22 AM
She shows interest in him in the last strip, but to be fair, he was either shirtless or wearing nothing but his underwear (and even Radic enjoyed the sight).

HalfTangible
2011-05-09, 09:49 AM
She shows interest in him in the last strip, but to be fair, he was either shirtless or wearing nothing but his underwear (and even Radic enjoyed the sight).

Radic has only stated she dislikes Matt's attitude - whether she finds him physically attractive is a different matter entirely. :smallwink:

Asta Kask
2011-05-09, 01:03 PM
Personally I find it funny how all the tier 1 classes (i.e., the most powerful classes) has gone to the women of the party in this series. Come level 15 and there's no frikkin' way that Lloyd is going to be able to keep up...

"The female of the species..." indeed.

(tier system here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=3mk5g2te3nonmmqs6uivpp9r85&topic=5293) for reference.)

ETA: Yeah, there are tier 1 males outside the party; forgot those.

Devmaar
2011-05-09, 01:16 PM
Lloyd sure, but Tinder should be able to keep up just fine.

HalfTangible
2011-05-09, 01:20 PM
Personally I find it funny how all the tier 1 classes (i.e., the most powerful classes) has gone to women in this series. Come level 15 and there's no frikkin' way that Lloyd is going to be able to keep up...

[tier system here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=3mk5g2te3nonmmqs6uivpp9r85&topic=5293) for reference.)

Orc Wizard. And Rolf.

:smallamused:

(also the rest of the academy students had males among them =P)

Asta Kask
2011-05-09, 01:23 PM
Orc Wizard. And Rolf.

(also the rest of the academy students had males among them =P)

I meant in the party. I concede that there have been male tier 1 characters otherwise.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-09, 02:02 PM
Personally I find it funny how all the tier 1 classes (i.e., the most powerful classes) has gone to the women of the party in this series. Come level 15 and there's no frikkin' way that Lloyd is going to be able to keep up...

(tier system here (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=3mk5g2te3nonmmqs6uivpp9r85&topic=5293) for reference.)

ETA: Yeah, there are tier 1 males outside the party; forgot those.

Haha, it's funny how that turned out. But then again, Rule of Plot and stuff.

Radic has only stated she dislikes Matt's attitude - whether she finds him physically attractive is a different matter entirely. :smallwink:

*Sigh* Eleven days until my Photobucket account rolls over and I've already used up 70% of the bandwidth...

Lix Lorn
2011-05-09, 02:08 PM
Technically Tinder is tier 1, I think...

Coffee? Could you tinypic them?

Dark Faun
2011-05-09, 02:24 PM
You could also use deviantART, for what it's worth.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-09, 02:34 PM

Tinder is definitely tier 1. Though there's a bit of a rules hole with him, green dragons don't get Alternate form, only gold and silver dragons get that. Of course, I guess this is more of a "plot before rules" thing.

HalfTangible
2011-05-09, 02:35 PM
I can see where she's coming from. I've been attracted to plenty of girls i hated. :smallbiggrin:

what?

*Sigh* Eleven days until my Photobucket account rolls over and I've already used up 70% of the bandwidth...

Are your sig and avy on the same account as your ML pages? It might help to put them on another.

Coffee? Could you tinypic them?

I was under the impression it was natural spellcasting abilities that he just sucked at =/ did i miss something?

Marnath
2011-05-09, 07:15 PM
Tinder is definitely tier 1. Though there's a bit of a rules hole with him, green dragons don't get Alternate form, only gold and silver dragons get that. Of course, I guess this is more of a "plot before rules" thing.

I think the response I got when I asked her was that her dragons are different than D&D standard ones. Feel free to correct me if I'm off track Coffee.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-09, 07:59 PM
What ought I put in a banner if I do one for ML? A Tinder in bag o' loot and Hedgehog song Serrin version of the current one or something? As always, no clue when I'll get this done so don't wait up for me.
I will be shocked if Prince Riley fanart doesn't appear from someone somewhere at some stage though. Shocked.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-09, 09:34 PM
What ought I put in a banner if I do one for ML? A Tinder in bag o' loot and Hedgehog song Serrin version of the current one or something? As always, no clue when I'll get this done so don't wait up for me.
I will be shocked if Prince Riley fanart doesn't appear from someone somewhere at some stage though. Shocked.

Whatever you want! And Prince Riley fanart YES. :smallbiggrin:

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-09, 09:43 PM

FWIW there is a feat in Dragons of Eberron that gives any True Dragon (such as Tinder, the Alternate form abilities and another ones that upgrade it to allow a Half-Dragon Form, so there is a way by RAW to do this.

<snip>

I was under the impression it was natural spellcasting abilities that he just sucked at =/ did i miss something?

Even if he was a good spellcaster, because he cast as a Sorcerer, Tinder would at most manage Tier 2 (having ways of saying "I Win"; but only a few) to be honest I would ping him at Low tier 3 at the most, High tier 4.

And now I am tempted to start a Level and Stat Geekery, Murphy's Law edition...>_<

HalfTangible
2011-05-09, 09:47 PM
FWIW there is a feat in Dragons of Eberron that gives any True Dragon (such as Tinder, the Alternate form abilities and another ones that upgrade it to allow a Half-Dragon Form, so there is a way by RAW to do this.

Even if he was a good spellcaster, because he cast as a Sorcerer, Tinder would at most manage Tier 2 (having ways of saying "I Win"; but only a few) to be honest I would ping him at Low tier 3 at the most, High tier 4.

And now I am tempted to start a Level and Stat Geekery, Murphy's Law edition...>_<

tiers refer to class types, not optimization...

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-09, 09:48 PM

We know they're around 10th level, as Radic said she was 9th level.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-09, 09:52 PM

I see your point, but even then Tinder is a Sorcerer, the poster boy for Tier 2.

And I think I can word my point better, even though Tinder is tier 2, how he act regarding his racial feature, means he perform as a low tier 3, high tier 4 character.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-09, 10:13 PM

Actually, tiers refer to Versatility. :smalltongue:

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-09, 10:16 PM

Which in turn is given by the class:smalltongue:; but let's avoid that discussion for other thread, don't ya think?

On-topic; Do I start the Levels and Stats Geekery Murphy's Law version? Strip # 128 is pretty easy to start.

Edit: Well... it is less useful that I though it would be... as it only mentions class, not level.

HalfTangible
2011-05-09, 10:19 PM

Yeah. Versatility of the class, not your build

@^: I think they mention their levels earlier (or at least general area) in the adventure.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-05-09, 10:20 PM
Yeah. Versatility of the class, not your build

@^: I think they mention their levels earlier (or at least general area) in the adventure.

Apparently it is Archive Binge Time

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-10, 02:07 PM
Haha, that's awesome. Thank you all so much.

So, here's the update! To save bandwidth I'm putting the link in this post and the comic on the front page.

#130: For The Record, She's Not (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/ForTheRecordShesNot.png)

Lix Lorn
2011-05-10, 02:36 PM
Heh.
Orrental? Typo or..?

HalfTangible
2011-05-10, 02:38 PM
I wonder if the guards will stop Matt from leaving. :smalltongue:

Symmys
2011-05-10, 03:13 PM
This picture was so much fun to draw. :smallbiggrin:
http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b444/PaxGemini/PrinceRileyDone.jpg

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-10, 03:17 PM
Heh.
Orrental? Typo or..?

Orrent is the name of the continent to the east. I was struggling for a while whether to make it Orrentian or Orrental.

This picture was so much fun to draw. :smallbiggrin:
Hnnggghhh

...HNNNNNGGGGHHHH.

The Succubus
2011-05-10, 04:00 PM
*dope bumps* Focus, Coffee. =p

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-10, 04:18 PM
What are they so surprised at after Serrin gave her speach?:smallconfused:

leakingpen
2011-05-10, 04:18 PM
the riley ashblade? is that a title?

Silverraptor
2011-05-10, 04:27 PM

Probably that she's from an noble family.

@Coffee: In the forth panel, you should lower Prince Riley's speech to be between Serrin's speech. It'll make it easier to understand that he is talking between her speech bubbles.

Lord Raziere
2011-05-10, 06:51 PM
I agree with Matt. Is ANYONE in fantasy stories actually what they claim to be anymore?

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-10, 07:17 PM
I agree with Matt. Is ANYONE in fantasy stories actually what they claim to be anymore?

Nope. Ever read Azure Bonds?

Marnath
2011-05-10, 07:24 PM

When was the last time you read about an elven noble who acts like Serrin does, eh? o.o

Thought not. :smallwink:

Raging Gene Ray
2011-05-10, 07:24 PM
Probably that she's from an noble family.

I thought everyone already knew that. Even if they didn't, they should have inferred it from the fact they were going to the coronation in the first place.

HalfTangible
2011-05-10, 07:57 PM
I agree with Matt. Is ANYONE in fantasy stories actually who they claim to be anymore?FTFY. Emphasis mine

And nobody ever was, Raziere :smalltongue:

Lord Raziere
2011-05-11, 09:17 AM
what does "FTFY" mean?

anyways, its starting to bug me. maybe I could make a joke out of it, have a main character go around be constantly paranoid that whoever they meet will actually be someone else then they all roll their eyes cause they really ARE who they claim to be.

Asta Kask
2011-05-11, 09:52 AM
what does "FTFY" mean?

Fixed That For You. Means I alter your message to something I think is hilarious.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-11, 10:08 AM
Fixed That For You. Means I alter your message to something I think is hilarious.

Or in some cases, altered it to something that's correct.

Silverraptor
2011-05-11, 10:53 AM
Or in some cases, altered it to something that's correct.

Or both.:smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2011-05-11, 10:54 AM
Or both.:smalltongue:

And sometimes neither.:smalltongue:

Lix Lorn
2011-05-11, 11:19 AM
And frequently neither.:smalltongue:
FTFY. :smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2011-05-11, 11:20 AM
We should probably get back on topic before Coffee explodes.

I don't think you want Coffee to explode Ms. Mudd. Even if, deep down, you want most things to explode.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-11, 11:33 AM
Exploding Coffee would leave us without this webcomic! That would be BAD.

Also, messy.