PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's Law 6: Will we ever stop burning through threads so quickly?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

HalfTangible
2011-05-11, 12:54 PM
Plus, most walls look horrible in Coffee brown.

What? Oh, like i'm the only one thinking it. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

OT: Serrin's family being ridiculously famous suddenly isn't QUITE as ridiculous.

Silverraptor
2011-05-11, 01:33 PM
Plus, most walls look horrible in Coffee brown.

What? Oh, like i'm the only one thinking it. :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

OT: Serrin's family being ridiculously famous suddenly isn't QUITE as ridiculous.

Like? How so?

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-11, 05:34 PM
TNH i figured her family was Noble from the very start. I mean everyone knows them and they are very famous, why wouldn’t they be noble somehow?

HalfTangible
2011-05-11, 05:55 PM
Like? How so?

Even an angel who works in another country's heard of 'em. Sure, they're strong mages, but it seemed odd to me. I thought he would've referenced a powerful mage from Kago.

And then of course she says she's a noble and matt prepares to hang himself. :smalltongue: Suddenly makes more sense.

RdMarquis
2011-05-11, 08:49 PM
Ooh, I almost missed this update.

So, is Radic snapping Janine out of a particularly fun daydream in that second panel? :smallbiggrin:

Also, Fir is quickly becoming my favorite character.

Dark Faun
2011-05-12, 06:00 AM
Just passing by to say your comic's got a great potential and I hope it'll meet much success.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-13, 02:04 PM
You know, I think I'm going to stick with this method of updating from now on; it saves bandwidth.

#131: There's Theocratic, And There's Theocratic (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/TheresTheocraticAndTheresTheocratic.png)

SamBurke
2011-05-13, 03:03 PM
Oooh. Prince Riley is kick-ass, methinks.

"Send an actual ambassador instead of an arrogant adolescent cleric who hasn't yet finished his training."

Marnath
2011-05-13, 03:23 PM
That guy is supposed to be an ambassador? Really? O.o

blackjack217
2011-05-13, 06:04 PM
worst ambassador ever.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-13, 06:22 PM
Congrats Riley. You just earnt a fanbase. :smallbiggrin:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-13, 06:26 PM
It looks like Riley is pragmatic, though it might just be more the fact that he doesn't like being told off by an overzealous apprentice cleric. Probably both.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-13, 06:29 PM
Well really Lloid, what are the chances this one guy happens to know you? It's not liek they posted your face all over the kingdom now is it?

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-13, 06:40 PM
Well really Lloid, what are the chances this one guy happens to know you? It's not liek they posted your face all over the kingdom now is it?

From what we know, he's a wanted enemy of Kago.

SamBurke
2011-05-13, 08:07 PM
Dude. In-comic, he's basically in the top 10 of all warriors in Kago (being one of the four selected to be prepped for being the head honcho of the whole frikin' nation, either in politics, war, or magic). And. He. Deserted. To. Their. Arch-enemies.

Imagine if, say, Seal Team 6 decided to become part of Al-quieda. Now tell me if they would not become infamous. Tell me that they would not get major frontline stories.

All in all, Lloyd has VERY good reason to be nervous.

Jinglebelle
2011-05-13, 08:23 PM
Prince Riley appears to have high wisdom, as well as high charisma.
I just joined his fanbase :smalltongue:

Marnath
2011-05-13, 09:13 PM
Dude. In-comic, he's basically in the top 10 of all warriors in Kago (being one of the four selected to be prepped for being the head honcho of the whole frikin' nation, either in politics, war, or magic). And. He. Deserted. To. Their. Arch-enemies.

Imagine if, say, Seal Team 6 decided to become part of Al-quieda. Now tell me if they would not become infamous. Tell me that they would not get major frontline stories.

I should think it's not quite that bad, since a lot fewer people will have seen his face to recognize him. No television or media, remember?:smalltongue:
It might be that most Kagoan's know about the defection, but the average soldier could look him right in the eye and not know, unless they've seen an artist rendering of him on like a wanted poster.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-13, 09:34 PM
That guy is supposed to be an ambassador? Really? O.o

worst ambassador ever.

Yeah, I'll say. He's not even an ambassador...

Congrats Riley. You just earnt a fanbase. :smallbiggrin:

It looks like Riley is pragmatic, though it might just be more the fact that he doesn't like being told off by an overzealous apprentice cleric. Probably both.

Prince Riley appears to have high wisdom, as well as high charisma.
I just joined his fanbase :smalltongue:

Haha, three comics in and Prince Riley's already got fanart and a fanbase. :smallbiggrin:

I should think it's not quite that bad, since a lot fewer people will have seen his face to recognize him. No television or media, remember?:smalltongue:
It might be that most Kagoan's know about the defection, but the average soldier could look him right in the eye and not know, unless they've seen an artist rendering of him on like a wanted poster.

Bingo. Also, look at Lloyd. He's one of the only Kagoans with brown hair.

RdMarquis
2011-05-13, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I'll say. He's not even an ambassador...

Was that "message" really the beginnings of a warning, then?

Haha, three comics in and Prince Riley's already got fanart and a fanbase. :smallbiggrin:

Well, he is shaping up to be pretty cool... :smallsmile:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-13, 10:54 PM
Well, he is shaping up to be pretty cool... :smallsmile:

and if his class happens to be warblade or swordsage, then he'd probably be the coolest character, other than maybe Tinder or Radic.

Taekwondodo
2011-05-14, 05:41 AM
Prince Riley is officially awesome. Looks and brains? Winning formula! :smallbiggrin:

Alagaesian
2011-05-15, 02:14 PM
Enemy of the state aside, there is a very good chance that the random Kagoan cleric would be able to recognize him. This IS inspired by OotS, after all. Unlikely events are expected to happen if they will cause some amount of conflict.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-15, 04:54 PM
No Riley I'm afraid, but I managed to pull this together with inkscape and GIMP last night. Hope it's ok? Took me a while because my inkscape-fu is negligeable and I gave up twice before finally finishing it. :smallbiggrin:
T'was actually a pretty educational experience making it...

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa405/Zomp_Jorr/serrinandtinderbanner.png

If people are going to use it I think I'd prefer it if they rehosted to their own accounts where possible but otherwise I'll leave the restrictions of use up to Coffee as it's her characters and they were almost directly (albeit amateurishly) traced from the comic. I'm not going to be publishing it outside of this forum. Virtual confectionary points to anyone who can find the comic and panels the drawings come from, sorry some of it doesn't show up great on the white background. :smalltongue:

ETA: I think this is the version with a white backdrop - I can upload a transparent background version if that's preferred... I've still got the .xcf and .svg files.

blackjack217
2011-05-15, 05:04 PM
I'd recommend cropping out the originals from the comic instead to be honest, though your taste is impeccable.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-15, 05:12 PM
I'd recommend cropping out the originals from the comic instead to be honest, though your taste is impeccable.

They're pretty obviously not Coffee originals yeah... but for whatever reason I'm not so comfortable about posting somebody else's work in with mine without express permission from the original artist. Plus, I can crop relatively well but it'd still show that they were cut out from somewhere else which for this project... isn't so much to my tastes...

Thanks for your honesty though! :smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-15, 09:28 PM
Thank you, Rigby! Though if you don't want to trace, why don't you try to draw it yourself? Of course, I'm not telling you to do anything, seriously.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-16, 12:39 PM
Thank you, Rigby! Though if you don't want to trace, why don't you try to draw it yourself? Of course, I'm not telling you to do anything, seriously.

You're welcome :smallbiggrin:
Mm... not quite sure what you're asking, sorry.
It basically was traced, as in I saved a copy* of the comics in question to my PC for reference, imported them into inkscape and then made my own pieces comparing them directly. So in a sense I both traced it and drew it myself...? If you meant why not draw it in the sort of style I've used for Murphy's Law fanart before... the main reasons are that it doesn't always translate cleanly into banner-scaled form and that I've still not finished the two previous fanart things I started for ML ages ago. There's method to my madness, it's just highly irregular. :smalltongue:

*Copy, in this case, means: a cropped and fairly heavily pixelated screencap. Not the cleanest way to do it, I confess...

ETA: Meant to say, btw: how come there's no love for "Mark"'s character design? Guy has like, brand new hair and everything (at least, I don't recognise the style). His skin tone looks to be the same as Matt's - does that mean he's from Tobeem too somewhere down the line or is it coincidental, I wonder?

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-17, 03:29 PM
Yeah, Mark's the first guy in the comic with a full beard. And update time!

#132: And All The Characters Merely Players (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/AndAllTheCharactersMerelyPlayers.png)

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-17, 03:35 PM
The plot hook has come in the form of a young prince! :smallbiggrin:

So now they're all gonna have to infiltrate Kago, get some help from Lloyd's friends, kill Rust, and then do something about Kago's government. Or something like that.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-17, 04:04 PM
...Riley RULES. SO MUCH.

Devmaar
2011-05-17, 04:58 PM
Is it just me or does Tinder look more disturbed about this than Lloyd?

Since the others haven't reacted much I'd guess the significance would be lost on most non-Kagoans, but Tinder isn't Kagoan either so :smallconfused:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-17, 05:46 PM

Since the others haven't reacted much I'd guess the significance would be lost on most non-Kagoans, but Tinder isn't Kagoan either so :smallconfused:

Yeah, Tinder's extremely shocked about this. I wonder why... :smallconfused:

I got it! Tinder's actually a dragon in human form! Wait, we already knew that. :smalltongue:

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-17, 06:00 PM

Tinder, as a dragon, has a vested interest in the whole Kagoan government/ edict of toleration thingummy seeing as if he isn't technically one of the plavaan races he's as good as. His backstory shows he has fairly good reason to be "on the plavaan side" of the conflict - so if Byron's dead, then that means there's gonna be chaos about the succession which could mean things can only get worse for the monster races I guess. Especially now that Tinder's heard Lloyd's version of events and knows that most of the young uns in positions of power have already been conditioned to hate or what have you. Either way the fact that Tinder has strong feelings on Kago as a state has come up more than once - he decided to hate Lloyd almost on sight when he was under the impression Lloyd was a paladin of Kago (which he kind of was, but eh) during the initial fight in the woods before he joined up thing.

The others... Serrin I guess was probably kind of of the view that Byron was a bad egg anyhow so doesn't know what to think whereas Matt and Radic would just be plain neutral on that I guess. Where'd Janine go by the way?

Re: Mark's beard: another milestone for the comic I guess? :smallbiggrin:

ETA: I was ninja'd by the terribly swift SwiftMongoose, of course, you don't have to be swift to ninja me as I take ages to type most of the time. As for Janine, I'm assuming she's just behind Matt and slightly out of shot.

fizzybobnewt
2011-05-17, 07:21 PM
It's because your posts are so long.

TLMonkey
2011-05-18, 10:17 AM
Yay! Breaking the 4th wall! And Lloyd probably blew his "I'm not from Kago" cover with that comment... I agree with what someone wrote earlier in a post, they'll end up going to Kago, sooner or later... But I think it's gonna be a while until they get there and/or resolve the problems there are there. P.S.: Does that sentence make any sense?

Anyway, it's pretty good, I just wish you had all the time in the world to continue it even at a faster pace :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2011-05-18, 02:26 PM
Anyone else think this is a good time for a massive orgy?

blackjack217
2011-05-18, 04:03 PM

NO seriously

Mystic Muse
2011-05-18, 04:08 PM
NO

Agreed. I have good reasons not to.

Lix Lorn
2011-05-18, 04:13 PM
What makes it better than any other time? :smalltongue:
...and what makes this murphy related?

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-18, 04:13 PM

What.

...Update Friday, guys! Or Saturday, because I just exceeded the bandwidth. *Sigh*

Volthawk
2011-05-18, 04:15 PM

Um......I don't really know how to respond to that.

What makes it better than any other time? :smalltongue:

Well, it was obvious that you would be supporting it. :smalltongue:

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-18, 11:49 PM
NO seriously

+1

WHY????

DM

Asta Kask
2011-05-19, 02:40 AM
Really no special reason.

Zanaril
2011-05-19, 07:56 AM
Also goddamn it Asta, host your avatar yourself.

@Coffee have you considered using a different image hosting site? If you posted everything on, say, DeviantArt, you wouldn't have to worry about bandwith, and the archives would be much easier to browse through.

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-19, 11:05 AM
i dont know about the rest of you but i've had no issues with Immageshack.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-19, 02:11 PM
Also goddamn it Asta, host your avatar yourself.

@Coffee have you considered using a different image hosting site? If you posted everything on, say, DeviantArt, you wouldn't have to worry about bandwith, and the archives would be much easier to browse through.

Well, it should be all better by tomorrow. Deviantart...I'll think about it.

John Cribati
2011-05-19, 03:04 PM
i dont know about the rest of you but i've had no issues with Immageshack.

Imageshack shrinks your image if it's too tall.

Mina Kobold
2011-05-20, 05:02 AM
Imageshack shrinks your image if it's too tall.

...I have comic pages on my Imageshack and I never experienced that.

May just be scatter-brained but I could always click on them to get the original size. :smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-20, 05:43 AM
And we're back! Update when I get home from school.

SamBurke
2011-05-20, 10:36 AM
YES! *twiddles thums whilst refreshing every ten seconds*

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-20, 02:20 PM
Update time!

#133: Hear No State Secrets, See No State Secrets, Speak No State Secrets (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/HearNoStateSecretsSpeakNoStateSecrets.png)

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-20, 02:33 PM
for some reason whenever i scroll down to read the rest of the page the text gets harder to read. Weird.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-20, 02:37 PM
Flashback time! :smallbiggrin:

RdMarquis
2011-05-20, 02:49 PM
Flashback time! :smallbiggrin:

Quick, somebody cue the visual effects!

SamBurke
2011-05-20, 03:05 PM
Yes. Refreshing achieved! I wonder what the relationship is... we'll have to wait. Snap.

Marnath
2011-05-20, 06:01 PM
I wonder if that "WHAT?!" is because the name wasn't Miles, or if it's because he's heard about Rust before?

Jinglebelle
2011-05-20, 07:13 PM
I wonder if that "WHAT?!" is because the name wasn't Miles, or if it's because he's heard about Rust before?

I think Lloyd has heard of Rust, Rust was mentioned in his flashback, after all.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-20, 07:16 PM
I think Lloyd has heard of Rust, Rust was mentioned in his flashback, after all.

Mentioned in the flashback?

this i do not remember
:smallconfused:

DM

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-20, 08:12 PM

No, he wasn't. Lloyd has never heard of Rust before, and that's why he's freaking out.

Lycan 01
2011-05-21, 12:22 AM
Oh wow, I like this new Prince guy. When he told Lloyd he can't claim to know stuff if he doesn't hear it, was he referring to the stuff about Kago, or the fact that Lloyd is from Kago?

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-21, 06:55 AM

Mentioned in the flashback?

this i do not remember
:smallconfused:

DM

I think the confusion arrises here from amalgamting the Kago scenes into one experience. As far as I remember there have been three distinct "trips" to Kago: a single page cutaway scene early in the comic's run featuring Murphy and mentioning Elizabeth and Lord Byron - this scene was from a "reliable narrator" but we didn't know much of anything to put it into context at that stage - a flashback visit framed by Lloyd's account of his backstory to the rest of Team Gale -this scene was also reliable although Lloyd's narration was not necessarily, it was also subject to numerous time skips which confused matters, and finally a second cutaway visit which took place after the events of Lloyd's flashback and took us about up to speed with the events of Team Gale's side of the storyline. Rust only appeared in the last visit and nobody in Kago who was shown seemed to know who he was, which implies Lloyd wouldn't have either.

As for what Prince Riley was talking about... I wouldn't be surprised if he had an inkling who Lloyd was, especially with Lloyd giving himself away so much, but I suspect he was talking about Kago in general. Time will tell, no doubt.

Oh, and I see Janine's back, safe and sound :smallamused:

Asta Kask
2011-05-21, 12:46 PM
And she wants to jump prince Riley's bones. No surprise there.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-22, 08:59 PM
And she wants to jump prince Riley's bones. No surprise there.

Yep, pretty much. (Say, what happened to page upon page of discussion? :smalltongue:)

blackjack217
2011-05-22, 09:00 PM
we stopped burning through threads quickly

Marnath
2011-05-22, 09:04 PM
Yep, pretty much. (Say, what happened to page upon page of discussion? :smalltongue:)

Right now what's going on is pretty straight-forward, meeting the prince. There will be more speculation when the flashback starts, I bet.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-22, 09:06 PM
we stopped burning through threads quickly

Burn, thread, burn! :smallfurious:

*breaks out the torches*

*and marshmallows*

HalfTangible
2011-05-22, 09:08 PM
Burn, thread, burn! :smallfurious:

*breaks out the torches*

*and marshmallows*

Disco Infer-

"NO"

Oh come on, like i'm the only one thinking it :smallannoyed:

SamBurke
2011-05-23, 10:55 AM
BTW, I like the design of the carpet. Shows a lot of thought put into the strip.

Lloyd totally needs a poker face. Diplomacy is a class skill for Paladins, hello? The guy really should learn about the other side of diplomacy. :P

HalfTangible
2011-05-23, 11:30 AM
BTW, I like the design of the carpet. Shows a lot of thought put into the strip.

Lloyd totally needs a poker face. Diplomacy is a class skill for Paladins, hello? The guy really should learn about the other side of diplomacy. :P

Poker face falls under bluff, Sam :smalltongue:

SamBurke
2011-05-23, 11:39 AM
Depends on how good you are at convincing your GM of things, dude. Go take a level of debater. :smalltongue: Talky-man can do many things.

And yes, I know that mechanically, it does. It was kinda a joke.

HalfTangible
2011-05-23, 11:40 AM
Depends on how good you are at convincing your GM of things, dude. Go take a level of debater. :smalltongue: Talky-man can do many things.

And yes, I know that mechanically, it does. It was kinda a joke.

Well, i make my own jokes. So there :smalltongue:

SamBurke
2011-05-23, 11:42 AM
Now we're burning through the thread! Only we need something better to talk about. Hm.

Thought: Awards on best comic?

Ninjaman
2011-05-23, 12:37 PM
Now we're burning through the thread! Only we need something better to talk about. Hm.

Thought: Awards on best comic?

I wote for OotS.

SamBurke
2011-05-23, 12:39 PM
Best comic from this comic's archive. IE, best Murphy's Law ever.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-23, 12:42 PM
Best comic from this comic's archive. IE, best Murphy's Law ever.

That's what I was thinking of.

Hm, let's see...

This one. (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/AndYouThoughtRoguesGotBucketsOfSkil.png)

CWater
2011-05-23, 01:27 PM
These (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/DenialAintJustARiver.png) two (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/AtThisRateHellHaveAnArmyByTheEndOfT.png) are my favourites.:smallsmile:

Alagaesian
2011-05-23, 02:12 PM
I personally like this one (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/PaladinsCanBluffToo.png) the best

SamBurke
2011-05-23, 04:00 PM
This one. (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/APaladinNotAKillingMachine.png) Actually, the whole flashback, but this sums it up nicely and has a good bit of drama to it.

Marnath
2011-05-23, 04:14 PM
This one (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/TheBestWizardsAreUnpredictable.png)'s my favorite. Serrin may be innocent, but that doesn't mean she's naive or unwilling to defend herself.:smallamused:
I especially love how the moment it's over she goes right back to normal like nothing unusual happened.

Alagaesian
2011-05-23, 06:03 PM
Hey Coffee, which strip is your favorite?

SamBurke
2011-05-23, 09:51 PM
Ooh. Good question.

leakingpen
2011-05-24, 10:59 AM
and, you can split that. favorite to read, or favorite to make?

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-24, 02:03 PM
Oh man, that's a hard one. I actually love the technically complicated ones, though they're annoying to make, since I love the finished product. And as for to read...There's so many, and a lot of those are ones I haven't made yet. :smallamused: I'd have to say I love the ones I enjoy making, and that have the most emotional response. Anyway, update time!

#134: The Merchants Of Runite (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/TheMerchantsOfRunite.png)

And yes, I read the actual play (Merchant of Venice) and I know this is different. I just mean that..Well, it should be obvious.

blackjack217
2011-05-24, 02:06 PM
Hey look an orc wizard and a gnome now who could that be :smallamused:

HalfTangible
2011-05-24, 02:08 PM
Oh man, that's a hard one. I actually love the technically complicated ones, though they're annoying to make, since I love the finished product. And as for to read...There's so many, and a lot of those are ones I haven't made yet. :smallamused: I'd have to say I love the ones I enjoy making, and that have the most emotional response. Anyway, update time!

#134: The Merchants Of Runite (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/TheMerchantsOfRunite.png)

And yes, I read the actual play and I know this is different. I just mean that..Well, it should be obvious.

*Before reading* I've probably never even heard of the play in question :smalltongue:

*After* Yup. No idea what play you're talking about :smalltongue:

The lack of perspective on the flowers sort of ruins the perspective on the bridge and fence.

Also: The orc wizard and axegnome again! =D

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-24, 02:12 PM
Is that Radic playing soccer with the orc while her dad's talking?

Also, I've never heard of the play.

blackjack217
2011-05-24, 02:14 PM
The merchant of Venice right?

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-24, 02:16 PM
Hey look an orc wizard and a gnome now who could that be :smallamused:

Yes, Merchant of Venice. And Hector's a halfling.

HalfTangible
2011-05-24, 02:18 PM
Is that Radic playing soccer with the orc while her dad's talking?

Also, I've never heard of the play.

I'm more interested in the guy with the cigarette tbph

Ninjaman
2011-05-24, 02:39 PM
The last panel looks wrong. Some stuff is 2d and some is 3d. The sizes and the depth also looks wrong.

Mystic Muse
2011-05-24, 02:50 PM
Isn't the guy smoking the cigarette a character that's going to star in a different comic? He has a similar pose.

Hawkfrost000
2011-05-24, 02:50 PM
I'm more interested in the guy with the cigarette tbph

+1

i like it, but honestly i prefer the crayon style :smallwink:

DM

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-24, 02:51 PM
Isn't the guy smoking the cigarette a character that's going to star in a different comic? He has a similar pose.

It's not Dimitri, but it is his character model. And I know that the last panel sucks. Sorry...:smallfrown:

John Cribati
2011-05-24, 02:51 PM
That definitely looks like Radic... got the color scheme and everything.

And http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/tinfoilsmall.gifcould that be Quark she's playing with??? http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/tinfoilsmall.gif

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-24, 03:57 PM
That definitely looks like Radic... got the color scheme and everything.

And http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/tinfoilsmall.gifcould that be Quark she's playing with??? http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/tinfoilsmall.gif

Radic, yes. Quark, no.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-24, 06:28 PM
Ah The Merchant of Venice... that was the first Shakespeare play I ever studied at school for some bizarre reason.

Also, whilst we're recognising people, the (presumably half elf) girl listening to the guy ranting about taxes reminded me a lot of Tinder's sister. Which caused me to give the guy next to her a second look... which made it seem veeery odd... :smallconfused:

Check here to see what I mean... (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/SeatbeltsHelpPreventWhiplash.png)

(ETA: the girl obviously isn't Tinder's sis, she just reminded me of her.)

fizzybobnewt
2011-05-24, 06:37 PM
Please don't think the last panel sucks. Apart from the size of the houses and the perspective on the flowers, it's great.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-24, 06:38 PM
Please don't think the last panel sucks. Apart from the size of the houses and the perspective on the flowers, it's great.

Gotta say, I don't really see what everyone's issue is with the flowers... I thought it was a sloped bank...? Perspective's not my strong point, mind.

Marnath
2011-05-24, 06:42 PM
I thought the last panel looks fine.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-24, 06:43 PM
Ah The Merchant of Venice... that was the first Shakespeare play I ever studied at school for some bizarre reason.

Also, whilst we're recognising people, the (presumably half elf) girl listening to the guy ranting about taxes reminded me a lot of Tinder's sister. Which caused me to give the guy next to her a second look... which made it seem veeery odd... :smallconfused:

Check here to see what I mean... (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/SeatbeltsHelpPreventWhiplash.png)

(ETA: the girl obviously isn't Tinder's sis, she just reminded me of her.)

Yeah, I got lazy there and used her model. :smalltongue:

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-24, 06:51 PM
Yeah, I got lazy there and used her model. :smalltongue:

and the yellow haired "gent" beside her...?
[holds up magnifying glass]

Draconi Redfir
2011-05-24, 07:13 PM
and the yellow haired "gent" beside her...?
[holds up magnifying glass]

Obviously the two of them had an interspecies romance many years ago but both suffered amnesia somehow after a very dramatic moment. Then something along the lines of her accidentally reverting to dragon form near the corpse of his dead sister made him vow to take up dragonslaying.

Either she didn’t get amnesia until later, she got amnesia a second time, she forgot about him, or she just didn’t see him. my bet is on the latter.

hmmm... or perhaps a wizard of some kind removed the memories of their time together as a punishment for something since she still knows her family.

... i think i just started a crack pairing side-story.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-24, 07:52 PM
Obviously the two of them had an interspecies romance many years ago but both suffered amnesia somehow after a very dramatic moment. Then something along the lines of her accidentally reverting to dragon form near the corpse of his dead sister made him vow to take up dragonslaying.

Either she didn’t get amnesia until later, she got amnesia a second time, she forgot about him, or she just didn’t see him. my bet is on the latter.

hmmm... or perhaps a wizard of some kind removed the memories of their time together as a punishment for something since she still knows her family.

... i think i just started a crack pairing side-story.

XD

The girl is an elf who happens to look like Tinder's sister, Lyrnain. Note the pale skin. Though the yellow-haired guy is the mercenary.

Eleanor_Rigby
2011-05-24, 08:05 PM
XD

The girl is an elf who happens to look like Tinder's sister, Lyrnain. Note the pale skin. Though the yellow-haired guy is the mercenary.

[pats self on back]

And may I add...

DUN DUN DUN! :elan:

mizzim
2011-05-24, 09:14 PM
This is really nice... I can't wait for the next one.

Lycan 01
2011-05-24, 10:29 PM
Orc in a business suit. Definitely not something you see every day. (Which is why I made one the BBEG of one of my DnD campaigns. :smalltongue:)

SamBurke
2011-05-25, 11:11 AM
I like, I like. Nothing really wrong with the last panel. Sure, the flowers could be better, but the bridge is AMAZING, so I really don't care.

A lot interesting characters around...

Lycan 01
2011-05-25, 08:46 PM
Yeah, I like the background characters a lot, especially cigarette guy. Its nifty to see "life" in the background characters.

RdMarquis
2011-05-26, 04:07 AM
Orc in a business suit. Definitely not something you see every day.

It's a relatively common sight in Shadowrun, though. Anyway, this latest comic is pretty interesting. I take it Radic and Riley never actually met, even though they may have seen one another?

Personally, the awkward thing about the last panel is the angle of the bridge compared to everything else. It's not too jarring, all in all.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-27, 09:26 AM
It's Senior Cut Day, but I'm going to the shelter soon. I should have the comic up by around 5-7 PM, Eastern Time.

Asta Kask
2011-05-27, 09:31 AM
Senior Cut Day? What's that?

a) mandatory hair cut for the Seniors
b) the Seniors who weren't good enough are culled
c) Every Senior gets raw material for a film and has to edit it

John Cribati
2011-05-27, 09:38 AM
Senior Cut Day? What's that?

a) mandatory hair cut for the Seniors
b) the Seniors who weren't good enough are culled
c) Every Senior gets raw material for a film and has to edit it

d) Seniors cut class by virtue of being Seniors. Shame on you Coffee. I expected better of you :smallannoyed::smallbiggrin:.

Qwertystop
2011-05-27, 09:45 AM
My school had the last day of school for Seniors recently. The day was also Senior Ditch Day, no senior should come do school. :sigh:

Silverraptor
2011-05-27, 01:48 PM
I came to school on my senior ditch day. I spent the time to both:

1) Do some last bit of preparation for my senior project, which is required to graduate.

2) Take a suprise quiz and/or exam in 5 out of 6 of my classes. All the questions were "What is Mr. Noah's last name?" or some other ridiculously easy question that had the answer contained in it as well. And all these quizzes actually affected our grades.:smalltongue:

So, ya. That was my senior ditch day.:smallcool:

Alagaesian
2011-05-27, 02:41 PM
My senior skip day was a couple weeks ago, the day before prom, because all the girls going apparently needed seven hours to do their hair and makeup. I actually showed up at school because I wasn't going to prom.

What I did:
Seminar - Finished a physics lab I missed because of a band concert. It was worth 10% of my grade, so it wasn't like I was going to skip even if I was going to prom.
Physics - Our teacher set up a thermodynamics lesson because none of the irresponsible people were going to show. Not the boring kind of thermo, the FUN stuff that included setting things on fire and boiling water with a magnet.
Band - We couldn't play because half the class was missing, so we listened to music and played ninja the whole time.
Chem - Watched a movie since only four kids showed up.

Conclusions:
It is more fun to come to school on senior skip day than it is to sit at home and refresh OotS all day waiting for the new comic.

CWater
2011-05-27, 04:04 PM
I spent my senior day/night on a cruise on the Baltic sea with the rest of my class + a few other schools as well:smallwink:

Was fun:smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-27, 05:01 PM
I worked on this comic and got a kitten adopted. Update time!

#135: Just Business (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/JustBusiness.png)

Hiro Protagonest
2011-05-27, 05:33 PM
There's a typo. It says "Seeking the economic greatness that Runite was truly starting to obtain, my father passed the Edit of Toleration."

Lord Raziere
2011-05-27, 05:48 PM
on my senior ditch day, I didn't actually ditch at all, I went on a personally arranged and approved field trip to a college that I think of as worthwhile and enlightening.

HalfTangible
2011-05-27, 08:25 PM
A reason to pass a law against racism beyond 'i want to be nice'? Vhat a tweest! :smallwink:

Silverraptor
2011-05-27, 11:42 PM
I worked on this comic and got a kitten adopted. Update time!

#135: Just Business (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/JustBusiness.png)

Awww. I love it when kittens get new homes.:smallsmile:

CWater
2011-05-27, 11:56 PM
So it's all about money, eh?:smallamused:

Nice update!

RdMarquis
2011-05-28, 12:45 AM
That question about the alligators was kind of cute. Speaking of Riley, I think there's a slight error in the fifth panel. His left arm looks like it lacks an elbow.

Lycan 01
2011-05-28, 12:57 AM
Nifty update. :smallbiggrin:

On my Senior Skip Day, I was actually home sick. As a result, my absence was counted as unexcused and I couldn't make up my work, since they thought I skipped school like the rest of my class. :smallannoyed:

Asta Kask
2011-05-28, 04:47 AM
Good to see someone acknowledging that tolerance is good for you, not just nice. :smallbiggrin:

Thumbs up!

leakingpen
2011-05-28, 04:58 AM
There's a typo. It says "Seeking the economic greatness that Runite was truly starting to obtain, my father passed the Edit of Toleration."

Am i the only one VASTLY amused that the typo created the word Edit?

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-28, 06:39 AM
Ugh, great. I'll fix it all later.

You know what it is? Runite, a trade-oriented, capitalist city-state, was the first in Nordica to realize that there really is no economic benefit to the sort of intolerance that Kago preaches; everyone has the capacity to make and spend money. So, they (legally; the Plavaan get kicked around a bit everywhere but there's a difference between rocks in the window and government-sanctioned xenophobia) gave the Plavaan the legal right to do so.

So when Kago started to get aggressive, many of the Plavaan moved to Runite. Ta-dah! Runite just got several thousand working-class laborers and middle-class professionals, and they're growing by the day! Everyone wins! (Except Kago. They're prejudicing themselves into bankruptcy.)

SamBurke
2011-05-28, 07:27 AM
Ooh. Can we see the kitten by any chance?

Jinglebelle
2011-05-28, 07:57 AM
That racial tolerance helps the ecomony and prejudice harms it is historically accurate. Spain crippled themselves economically in 1492-1502 by driving all of the Jews and Muslims out of the state, thus depriving itself of most of its entrepreneur class. There are other examples, but I'm trying not to go full on history nerd. Racism is unproductive.

Asta Kask
2011-05-28, 08:30 AM
Poland-Lithuania in the 14th and 15th century did what the Runites are doing now. Then in the late 16th and early 17th century they reversed policy and soon fell to their neighbors.

Silverraptor
2011-05-28, 01:57 PM
Ooh. Can we see the kitten by any chance?

Agreed.:smallsmile: (Though, your probably didn't take the picture of the kitten before it was adopted.)

AndersW
2011-05-28, 06:33 PM
That racial tolerance helps the ecomony and prejudice harms it is historically accurate. Spain crippled themselves economically in 1492-1502 by driving all of the Jews and Muslims out of the state, thus depriving itself of most of its entrepreneur class. There are other examples, but I'm trying not to go full on history nerd. Racism is unproductive.

Feel free to educate us. School never taught me anything like this.

HalfTangible
2011-05-28, 06:52 PM
Feel free to educate us. School never taught me anything like this.

I'm not sure it can be discussed here :smallconfused: wouldn't that fall under the forum's politics rule?

SamBurke
2011-05-28, 06:59 PM
Or possibly the religion rule, given the example.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-05-28, 07:29 PM
I don't think I can give a full explanation either, but I think I can give a basic one. Using the races found here.

Kago, upon invading the Alavaan Plains, started mistreating the Plavaan even more. They left, mainly to Runite. Kago lost a lot of working-class labor and middle-class merchants and professionals. Who hold the wealth. These laborers, merchants, and professionals left Kago and went to Runite, a city-state that asks questions like, "Can you make money?" over "Do you have green skin and fangs?"

Which nation will economically thrive, and which one is all but bankrupt?

HalfTangible
2011-05-28, 08:10 PM
I don't think I can give a full explanation either, but I think I can give a basic one. Using the races found here.

Kago, upon invading the Alavaan Plains, started mistreating the Plavaan even more. They left, mainly to Runite. Kago lost a lot of working-class labor and middle-class merchants and professionals. Who hold the wealth. These laborers, merchants, and professionals left Kago and went to Runite, a city-state that asks questions like, "Can you make money?" over "Do you have green skin and fangs?"

Which nation will economically thrive, and which one is all but bankrupt?

Especially when you consider that many of the fleeing Plavaan are salting the fields behind them, and presumably doing other things to ensure that Kago gains nothing from the land.

Alagaesian
2011-05-29, 07:51 AM
A moderate amount of racism isn't very good for the economy either. By 'moderate', I mean how the northern USA generally treated immigrants and blacks in the late 1800's.

If the prejudiced race is given very little opportunity to work in anything other than unskilled labor, then they are essentially forced to accept any wage those employers offer them, even if it's only a few cents a day. This floods the unskilled labor market with cheap labor and forces all the 'accepted' groups to take low wages as well for fear that they'll be replaced by someone from an 'unaccepted' group.

This process also pulls down workers' rights as well. Eventually, you get a new ultra-poor working class made up of unskilled laborers and an ultra-rich class made up of the employers who exploited the low wages for their own personal profit. The new poor class has so little money that they can't buy anything but food and shelter, while the new rich class has enough money to play God with the economy. Essentially, all the new wealth acquired by bringing new workers into the economy goes to the people who already have too much money.

This is why that orc in a business suit speaks volumes about the Runite economy. The Plaavan are allowed to become educated and work in SKILLED LABOR. Wages are NOT dragged down by the entrance of Plaavans into the market. They are allowed to employ themselves as tradesmen and merchants, so some of their wealth is circulated back to them. This further encourages more Plaavan to come to Runite.

Asta Kask
2011-05-30, 09:54 AM
Coffee - I defy you to come up with traditional Plavaan food that is more disgusting than what we already eat in Scandinavia!

HalfTangible
2011-05-30, 10:07 AM
Coffee - I defy you to come up with traditional Plavaan food that is more disgusting than what we already eat in Scandinavia!

Plavaan Haggis.

All the guts! None of the culture!

Asta Kask
2011-05-30, 10:53 AM
Haggis is mainstream compared to the things I'm thinking of...

Maquise
2011-05-30, 11:06 AM
Scandinavia - so more disgusting than lutefisk?

Lord Raziere
2011-05-30, 11:11 AM
Plavaan Lungs and Intestines! served with crunchy cooked starfish and cockroach candy. :smallamused:

Asta Kask
2011-05-30, 11:40 AM
Scandinavia - so more disgusting than lutefisk?

Lutefisk gets a bad rap, but it really doesn't taste much of anything. A slight hint of sulfur and that's about it. And it has all the texture of watery porridge.

No, we are talking human bodily fluids are involved here.

SamBurke
2011-05-30, 11:47 AM
*Walks into kitchen, grabs brain bleach, opens jar and puts on desk.*

Go ahead.

Asta Kask
2011-05-30, 12:16 PM
Why is it a good idea...

...to take a poisonous fish...

...put it in a hole in the ground...

...urinate into the hole...*

...pile a lot of rocks on it...

...let it ferment for six to twelve weeks...

...dig it up again...

...and then eat it?

This part was apparently an urban legend.

SamBurke
2011-05-30, 12:20 PM
*Coughs so hard he knocks over brain bleach...*

Wow, really? I don't know why people would think that's a good idea either.

Asta Kask
2011-05-30, 12:40 PM
Actually it's quite ingenious.

It's an Icelandic dish called Hakarl. The fish contains a toxin called Trimethylamineoxide. In contact with urea it is converted into ammonia and something else (I couldn't find details, but my guess is carbon dioxide).

So you pile a lot of rocks on it to press the poison out. And the fish contains its own urea.

Now, Scandinavia was a desperately poor part of Europe. So the Icelanders had a very good reason to use all the fish they caught. What really boggles the mind is - how did they figure this out? My guess is that pressing the toxins out came first - it's a rather natural idea.

And it's not done exactly like that anymore. It's done in factories where they have presses.

Edit: Fortunately for Coffee, it's apparently Kosher.

ForrestFighter
2011-05-30, 05:29 PM
Wow, good work coffee, i only just started reading and am already hooked, im reall liking it so far!

CoffeeIncluded
2011-06-01, 02:47 PM
Update time!

#136: Family Values (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/FamilyValues.png)

I'm not too pleased with this one...

Draconi Redfir
2011-06-01, 02:51 PM
i was not expecting that from Serrin XD

Ninjaman
2011-06-01, 03:13 PM
:smalleek:isn´t she a mage:smallconfused:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-01, 03:17 PM
:smalleek:isn´t she a mage:smallconfused:

Her family doesn't consider her useless.

And it looks like the elves are very supportive of all professions. [/sarcasm]

CoffeeIncluded
2011-06-01, 04:56 PM
Her family doesn't consider her useless.

And it looks like the elves are very supportive of all professions. [/sarcasm]

It's the seven major families. If you're from one of the seven major families and you can't even cast a cantrip...It's almost unheard of; scary stories that elven parents tell their children so they'll behave.

blackjack217
2011-06-01, 05:18 PM
You would have to be below average in all possible casting stats, which would be odd. Though an outcast mage-slayer type does present intriguing possibilities.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-01, 05:20 PM
You would have to be below average in all possible casting stats, which would be odd. Though an outcast mage-slayer type does present intriguing possibilities.

Rogue also works for an outcast.

If Coffee ever runs a pbp game in the Murphy's Law world, guess what I'm gonna play.

SamBurke
2011-06-01, 05:38 PM
Yeah. I have to say, the idea of being an outcast of the elves would be FUN. And I think a PbP would be FUN, too.

Draconi Redfir
2011-06-01, 05:40 PM
Ten bucks says the necromancy family makes an appearance in the future.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-06-01, 05:41 PM
Yeah. I have to say, the idea of being an outcast of the elves would be FUN. And I think a PbP would be FUN, too.

Oh, that would be fun. The one thing is that it's got to be in one of the major families, if you're doing an outcast. (And we're talking squib-level lack of magical ability).

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-01, 05:45 PM
Oh, that would be fun. The one thing is that it's got to be in one of the major families, if you're doing an outcast. (And we're talking squib-level lack of magical ability).

I think you shouldn't have to be low intelligence to pull the no casting thing off. It would just be a self imposed penalty that the character can never cast arcane spells.

blackjack217
2011-06-01, 05:46 PM
Or a homebrewed flaw of some sort...

Lord Raziere
2011-06-01, 05:47 PM

hmmm....I've got a character that could fit that actually.....

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-01, 05:49 PM
Or a homebrewed flaw of some sort...

But then all the munchkins would take the flaw and play a divine caster.

blackjack217
2011-06-01, 05:52 PM
But then all the munchkins would take the flaw and play a divine caster.

I meant no divine, arcane or binder ect. no umd either.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-01, 05:52 PM
I meant no divine, arcane or binder ect. no umd either.

Well, I might play a druid.

SamBurke
2011-06-01, 05:53 PM
So I assume a Paladin would be out, then? Snap.

Oh, and Coffee, IS there any chance you'd GM (or let someone else GM) a Murphy's Law PbP?

Marnath
2011-06-01, 07:38 PM
Well, I might play a druid.

Druids cast divine magic too, actually.

What about this update don't you like, Coffee?

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-01, 07:42 PM
Druids cast divine magic too, actually.

That's what I mean. I'd only ban myself from arcane casting, not enough to warrant a flaw with the other tier 1 classes out there.

Lateral
2011-06-01, 07:43 PM
If I'd have to guess, Marnath, I'd say it'd be the faces in that last panel there.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-06-01, 08:05 PM
Well, with the elves of the major families you'd still be okay, if the butt of a few jokes, if you went to be a cleric or druid (remember, the Elvish deity Isarus was a wizard and magic is one of Isarus' domains). But to have no magical ability at all...

I'd love to; I hope I can find the time for a short one. And I don't know how to GM.

Lycan 01
2011-06-01, 10:03 PM
Serrin says that too cheerfully. :smalleek:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-01, 10:05 PM

That's because she has a talent for magic, and so does the rest of her family, so she has no idea.

RdMarquis
2011-06-02, 02:04 AM

I just imagine cheerful is her default expression, and from Serrin's point of view, she's just explaining something which doesn't not overly concern her. Also, I'm not sure why, but I find it cool that there's a family for each school of magic.

Asta Kask
2011-06-02, 04:17 AM
What if you are a Pekane and wish to specialize in e.g. evocation? Is that a choice in this world, because in some worlds the magic chooses you. If you are born an evoker then an evoker you are.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-06-02, 05:29 AM
I just imagine cheerful is her default expression, and from Serrin's point of view, she's just explaining something which doesn't not overly concern her. Also, I'm not sure why, but I find it cool that there's a family for each school of magic.

Pretty much.

What if you are a Pekane and wish to specialize in e.g. evocation? Is that a choice in this world, because in some worlds the magic chooses you. If you are born an evoker then an evoker you are.

Yeah, you can (though you will be teased for it). Remember, it's a family specialty. But not everyone specializes.

Serrin's spellbook is a family grimoir. It's got spells going back hundreds of years, and each member of the family is supposed to create a spell and add it to the spellbook. This happens in weddings too; a new spell is a major part of the dowry. Lucrid made Lucrid's Protagonist Detection as the wedding dowry spell.

Strife Warzeal
2011-06-02, 07:00 AM
If the various major elven families specialize in a certain branch of magic, I think in a Murphy's Law setting they would get some sort of bonus to that.

A +1/+2(maybe more) on the CL of those kind of spells.

An extra spell slot per spell level that can be exclusively used for those kind of spells.

Gain a free set of spells as if they were a domain wizard of that branch of magic.

Just a few ideas, others feel free to say their own.

Asta Kask
2011-06-02, 07:05 AM
They could get a bigger starting spellbook. Two extra 1st-level spells of that school would seem sufficient.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-02, 08:30 AM

You are thinking on sorcerers; Wizards study a lot of time to become Wizards, so you can't be born as a wizard much less born as an evoker; specialization is a choice.

From an optimization point of view Abjuration is not a really good specialization as the most critical spells from that school are on the cleric spell list; but they get a ton of fun spells and one of the strongest prestige classes The initiate of the Sevenfoil Veil, fear the power of RAINBOWS!!!!

And I can really picture Serrin taking that Prg. Class.

Asta Kask
2011-06-02, 08:33 AM
No, I've played in a setting where wizards specialization was inborn. You didn't have to become a wizard, but if you did you would specialize in a given school.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-02, 08:34 AM
No, I've played in a setting where wizards specialization was inborn. You didn't have to become a wizard, but if you did you would specialize in a given school.

Was that a homebrewed setting? cause in the "Standard" D&D setting, Eberron or Forgotten Realms that isn't the case.

SamBurke
2011-06-02, 08:35 AM
And, the one person to whom that's the case (Sorcerors), I'm fairly sure they don't specialize, get me wrong. I don't play wizards much.

HalfTangible
2011-06-02, 08:39 AM
And, the one person to whom that's the case (Sorcerors), I'm fairly sure they don't specialize, get me wrong. I don't play wizards much.

True. For a sorc to specialize they need to take a spell focus feat.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-02, 08:54 AM
True. For a sorc to specialize they need to take a spell focus feat.

Spell focus =/= from specializing, Specialization is an specific game term that is exclusive to Wizards

HalfTangible
2011-06-02, 08:59 AM
Spell focus =/= from specializing, Specialization is an specific game term that is exclusive to Wizards

I know :smallannoyed: You got the point, right?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-02, 09:04 AM
I know :smallannoyed: You got the point, right?

Hey, stay enough time in char op forums and trying to clear up (apparent) misconceptions become almost a second nature; I am sorry if I offended you.

Asta Kask
2011-06-02, 12:55 PM
Was that a homebrewed setting? cause in the "Standard" D&D setting, Eberron or Forgotten Realms that isn't the case.

Yes it was. It might have been 2nd ed.

Draconi Redfir
2011-06-02, 01:45 PM
That's what I mean. I'd only ban myself from arcane casting, not enough to warrant a flaw with the other tier 1 classes out there.

*bonks on the head with a wii remote*

Aslo: Murphy's Law 7: So far only Matt and the dragon don't want the prince.

Debatra
2011-06-02, 07:14 PM
Ten bucks says the necromancy family makes an appearance in the future.

There are only seven families (unless that was a typo). Necromancy's probably the odd one out.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-06-02, 07:38 PM
There are only seven families (unless that was a typo). Necromancy's probably the odd one out.

...Dammit, there are eight schools? *sigh* Fixing it now.

Qwertystop
2011-06-02, 07:42 PM
...Dammit, there are eight schools? *sigh* Fixing it now.

Nice.
:smallamused:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-02, 07:45 PM
Why isn't there a family for universal, who are famous for their versatility?

Draconi Redfir
2011-06-02, 07:46 PM
Wich one did you miss cofee?

Because if you do everything you aren’t really specializing.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-06-02, 07:48 PM

Because not everyone in the family specializes; Serrin and Saphrin haven't. It's just that when they do specialize, they specialize in their family's school. And they're familiar with spells of their school, even if they didn't specialize. Notice that Serrin immediately identified several of the wards at first glance, even though she's only level 9 and hasn't specialized.

Asta Kask
2011-06-03, 08:08 AM
Bet they each have their own PrC as well.

Pathfinder gives each specialist little perks related to their specialization. It's a cool idea.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-03, 12:38 PM
Bet they each have their own PrC as well.

Pathfinder gives each specialist little perks related to their specialization. It's a cool idea.

They also give universalists perks.

Asta Kask
2011-06-03, 01:49 PM
TBT, I find Pathfinder an enormous step forward from 3.5 Too bad they upped the power of the Tier 1 classes.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-03, 01:52 PM
TBT, I find Pathfinder an enormous step forward from 3.5 Too bad they upped the power of the Tier 1 classes.

And PF doesn't have 3.5's biggest melee fix. Tome of Battle. At least for those groups who think ToB is overpowered it helps a bit.

Draconi Redfir
2011-06-03, 02:06 PM

*bonks on the head with a wii remote*

Persionally i like the bloodline system for sorccerers, gives a nice little quirk for them to help them distance themselves from Wizards. That and unlimited level 0 spells is awsome.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-06-03, 02:09 PM
I don't really know what you guys are talking about. :smalltongue: Also, I don't like the transition here much.

#137: Except For Those Fire Ones (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/ExceptForThoseFireOnes.png)

Yes, I know that Tinder's shifted form doesn't have nipples or a navel. Think about it.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-03, 02:14 PM
Hm, what could Matt be doing? Probably stealing from some lawful people by taking the -4 penalty for nonlethal. It'd still hit the AC of the average level 1-4 NPC.

Asta Kask
2011-06-03, 02:14 PM
I have a bad feeling about this.

super dark33
2011-06-03, 02:44 PM
he shot the bird that is by the window, and caught the anarchic arrow, nice trick.:smallcool:

Volthawk
2011-06-03, 02:46 PM
he shot the bird that is by the window, and caught the anarchic arrow, nice trick.:smallcool:

Oh yeah, I didn't see the bird there. But he missed...

SamBurke
2011-06-03, 03:41 PM
What's an "anarchic" arrow, and what's so awesome about them?

HalfTangible
2011-06-03, 03:54 PM
What's an "anarchic" arrow, and what's so awesome about them?

Special enchanted arrows that deal extra damage to lawful creatures and characters.

CWater
2011-06-03, 05:02 PM
I have a bad feeling about this.

So do I...:smallamused:

Qwertystop
2011-06-03, 05:44 PM
Whats so awesome about anarchic arrows? Do they do something in this setting other than bonus damage against lawfuls? Would be awesome if they had a minor Rod of Wonder effect.

Also, nice fade on the sun and the dodging bird was hilarious.

RdMarquis
2011-06-03, 09:08 PM
Yes, I know that Tinder's shifted form doesn't have nipples or a navel. Think about it.

Because he's a member of a species that doesn't suckle it's young, and was born from an egg, right?

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-03, 09:16 PM
Because he's a member of a species that doesn't suckle it's young, and was born from an egg, right?

Are you sure? cause Dragonborn have mammaries :smalltongue:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/118012.jpg/sr=1
My guess was that since that is not his normal form, it was a just an extension of his ignorance of the anatomy of humans.

Or perhaps an art error....nah Coffee is too good for that to happen
and she did brought attention to that...

CoffeeIncluded
2011-06-03, 09:26 PM
Are you sure? cause Dragonborn have mammaries :smalltongue:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/118012.jpg/sr=1
My guess was that since that is not his normal form, it was a just an extension of his ignorance of the anatomy of humans.

Or perhaps an art error....nah Coffee is too good for that to happen
and she did brought attention to that...

No, the anatomy difference was deliberate. :smallsmile:

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-03, 09:30 PM
No, the anatomy difference was deliberate. :smallsmile:

I feel I need to point to the white text in my previous post :smallwink:

CoffeeIncluded
2011-06-06, 03:02 PM
Hey, I'm going to try to have two updates this week, even though I also have prom!

Draconi Redfir
2011-06-06, 03:07 PM
Lucky, i went to a private school for highschool and didint get a prom:smalltongue:

Though there were only like five girls in a class of fifteen or so, so even if i did have one it wouldent have been very fun.

leakingpen
2011-06-06, 03:08 PM
Just a heads up. Most egg laying reptiles have belly buttons. (the tube leads from the animal to the yolk, transferring nutrients). its just not always in the belly, and really hard to see.

So, I know I have a dirty mind, but a couple of panels, the bed leg makes it look like Tinder is either well endowed, or ate WAY too much fiber, and is taking care of the problem.

Silverraptor
2011-06-06, 05:48 PM
Hey, I'm going to try to have two updates this week, even though I also have prom!

Enjoy your Prom.:smallsmile:

Lycan 01
2011-06-06, 06:31 PM
Wait, did the bird dodge, or just get bonked aside?

Admiral Harkov
2011-06-07, 07:50 AM
1. Enjoy prom.

2. An anarchic arrow should be one that doesn't fly in a parabole but making random turns. That would be fun.

SamBurke
2011-06-07, 02:16 PM
Yes, indeed, enjoy that prom. Your readership cheers for you.

KillItWithFire
2011-06-07, 06:09 PM
Gah, this is why i hate the word "prom" a certain other word I keep reading as. DIRTY DIRTY MIND!

CoffeeIncluded
2011-06-07, 06:13 PM
Thank you everyone. Seriously. :smallsmile: And now, update!

#138: Rogues' Creed (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/RoguesCreed.png)

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-07, 06:20 PM
Yay Assassin's creed reference :smallbiggrin:

I don't know why; but sometimes I find this filler-y comics funnier than the more plot-related ones.

Good job as always coffee and I hope you have a great time at your prom.

HalfTangible
2011-06-07, 06:25 PM

I don't know why; but sometimes I find this filler-y comics funnier than the more plot-related ones.

Plot comics tend to be more restrictive as far as material goes, since you need to actually do the plot stuff.

Devmaar
2011-06-07, 06:31 PM

Why can't Matt being chased by the police be plot?

And have fun Coffee :smallbiggrin:

Dusk Eclipse
2011-06-07, 06:34 PM
Plot comics tend to be more restrictive as far as material goes, since you need to actually do the plot stuff.

Yeah you are right...still my points stands as it is a personal opinion

Well until Coffee shows (via word of coffee or the next strip) this "adventure" is plot related, I can safely assume it is a filler comic.

Marnath
2011-06-07, 09:13 PM

I second this. Last time the law was chasing him, he joined the cast. I can't wait to see where this leads him. :smallsmile:

CWater
2011-06-08, 02:25 PM
Heh, he just can't help it, can he?:smallbiggrin:

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-08, 05:07 PM
And this is why I love climb, balance, and jump.

RdMarquis
2011-06-08, 05:58 PM
Something tells me "...or you're under arrest!" sums up a good bit of Matt's life. :smalltongue:

legomaster00156
2011-06-09, 11:14 AM
Something tells me "You're under arrest!" sums up a good bit of Matt's life. :smalltongue:

Fixed that for you.

Hi. I'm new to the forums, but not to either OOTS or Murphy's Law. In fact, I have been quietly lurking for the past few months. Coffee, you're an awesome artist and storyteller.:smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2011-06-10, 08:46 AM
Fixed that for you.

Hi. I'm new to the forums, but not to either OOTS or Murphy's Law. In fact, I have been quietly lurking for the past few months. Coffee, you're an awesome artist and storyteller.:smallsmile:

Aww, thanks!

I'm going to try to update later tonight. If not that, then first thing tomorrow.

Barbin
2011-06-10, 07:27 PM
Oh AltairMatt you silly little assassinrogue.

Great comic as always Coffee!

CoffeeIncluded
2011-06-10, 08:13 PM
Thanks. I'm sorry I couldn't update tonight. I'll try to update Saturday or Sunday. There WILL be an update Monday or Tuesday too.

Lycan 01
2011-06-10, 10:47 PM
Woo, Assassin's Creed reference FTW! Also, I hope you had an awesome Prom! :smallbiggrin:

Silverraptor
2011-06-10, 10:51 PM
Woo, Assassin's Creed reference FTW! Also, I hope you had an awesome Prom! :smallbiggrin:

As do I.:smallsmile:

Mystic Muse
2011-06-10, 11:25 PM
As do I.:smallsmile:

Me three!

Hope it was a great day Coffee.:smallsmile:

SamBurke
2011-06-10, 11:35 PM
Agreed. Go you!

Asta Kask
2011-06-11, 04:51 AM
Thanks. I'm sorry I couldn't update tonight. I'll try to update Saturday or Sunday. There WILL be an update Monday or Tuesday too.

Don't work your fingers to the bone, missy. Remember - all work and no fun makes Coffee a dull girl.

Asta Kask
2011-06-12, 01:30 PM
So, how will Matt get into trouble on his sojourn?

a) steal something

b) cause an accident

c) accused of a crime he didn't commit

d) all of the above

I go for c) myself.

HalfTangible
2011-06-12, 01:34 PM
So, how will Matt get into trouble on his sojourn?

a) steal something

b) cause an accident

c) accused of a crime he didn't commit

d) all of the above

I go for c) myself.

i go for E: get in trouble for one thing he actually did AND everything he didn't do.

CoffeeIncluded
2011-06-12, 05:06 PM
Thank you all so much; I had a fantastic time. Update the moment I get home from my LAST DAY OF HIGH SCHOOL Monday.

Qwertystop
2011-06-12, 05:22 PM
Thank you all so much; I had a fantastic time. Update the moment I get home from my LAST DAY OF HIGH SCHOOL Monday.

Wow, my last day too!
(Unless you count finals, sprinkled through the next 2 weeks)

Marnath
2011-06-12, 05:58 PM

Hooray!! ^.^

KillItWithFire
2011-06-12, 06:31 PM

Aw man, I have to stick it out all the way until Tuesday.

Lateral
2011-06-12, 07:12 PM

Lucky. My middle school doesn't get out until the 22nd.

Alagaesian
2011-06-12, 09:23 PM
Heh. My high school experience ended all the way back on the first of June. It's been awesome with no school.

Volthawk
2011-06-13, 02:50 AM
I've been off since the 30th of May, only going in for exams now.

Devmaar
2011-06-13, 07:33 AM
This time last year, I'd finished school.
This time next year, I'll have finished school.
Now, I have over a month left :smallsigh:
Freakin' AS->A2 limbo

Lix Lorn
2011-06-13, 07:47 AM
I have three exams over the next two weeks, but otherwise have been finished for a while~

Asta Kask
2011-06-13, 08:07 AM
I left school 18 years ago.

I am ancient. Wrinkled, gray-haired and stooped I fumble in the perpetual darkness that surrounds my age.

Lord Raziere
2011-06-13, 08:58 AM
Graduated two days ago :smallcool:

Draconi Redfir
2011-06-13, 10:17 AM
i got out of school a few months ago i think, im gunna take a year off and try and look for a job or something.

Just wasent modivaited at all to do any work since i went to university immiediately after leaving highschool.