PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Yuan-ti pureblood progression class! PEACH!

PetterTomBos
2011-02-02, 03:16 PM
Hi :)

I'm starting a campaign with quite new players, one has gamed a little before, two has no experience at all under their belts. Anyhow, the one with a little experience wants to play Yuan-ti pureblood for fluff reasons, before she even saw their stats. They have +2 LA and 4 HD originally, but I said I'd look into making it work somehow. So , what I'm thinking:

Dropping spell resistance and casting, as those are quite not fluff-critical.
The race gets +2 dex int cha, which I want to keep, along with darkvision, detect poison and alternate form. My idea:

Benefits before first lvl:

+2 dex, darkvision. Alternate form light: gives you snakelike skin/fluffbodypart, -2 dex and +1 NA when used :)

Substitution lvl.s give d6 HD, 2 + int skills, poor BAB/saves,normal feat-progression + abilities

Level1: +2 int/cha, +1 NA at all times

Level2: Alternate form(any viper 280 MM1). Detect poison at will.

What does the playgrounders think? :) She's going ranger except for the lvl.s btw :) I think I'll demand the first level to be a classlevel, dont you think? The party won't be optimizing much.

On a sidenote: she's my GF.. I'd like to get this class criticed here or I won't dare to use it xD If you guys thinks this is an inherently bad idea: TELL ME! ;)

Burnheart
2011-02-02, 05:29 PM
I can't comment on your suggestions as i am no good at things like that but i can point you at this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8017736&postcount=127). Its a Yuan-ti Monster class which might be of interest to you.