PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Good items to UMD.

Arutema
2011-02-03, 03:28 AM
First, I'd like to thank Paizo for making UMD a class skill for Sorcerers in Pathfinder.

I'm currently playing a sorcerer with max ranks in UMD for Pathfinder society play.

Currently at level 3 with a +10 total bonus to my UMD checks.

I've already got my cleric-on-a-stick (wand of cure light wounds). And now I'm wondering what other wands/items are good for UMD use.

Legal sources are Pathfinder core + Advanced Player's Guide.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-02-03, 03:50 AM
Wand of Vanish, Wand of Darkvision... I wish you had rogue levels, cos them all the low level ones are great... Basically, low level but often used spells are great here.

Scrolls are good too! Blur, Displacement, Heroism, Greater Invisibility, Slow, Haste...

I like to use blasty spells on scrolls and use buffs, debuffs, etc. on me and my party.

Cos really, blasting spells are not as good, and Id rather not waste a spell slot all the time on them.

dsmiles
2011-02-03, 05:49 AM
UMD everything. Activating magic items blindly is one of my favorite pastimes.

9mm
2011-02-03, 11:48 AM
Decathon of fickle fate?

Arutema
2011-02-03, 12:55 PM
Decathon of fickle fate?

You sure that's Pathfinder? Can't find it in the PFSRD.

Kaldrin
2011-02-03, 01:52 PM
Scrolls are good too! Blur, Displacement, Heroism, Greater Invisibility, Slow, Haste...

I like to use blasty spells on scrolls and use buffs, debuffs, etc. on me and my party.

Cos really, blasting spells are not as good, and Id rather not waste a spell slot all the time on them.

I'll echo this... sort of.

Your spell knowledge should be supplemented. So, anything you can't do with your known arcane abilities, find an item to do. If you made a blasterer then pick stuff that buffs, heals and defends. If you made a bufferer then find stuff that blasts, etc.

Arutema
2011-02-03, 04:52 PM
I'm playing blaster with a side of save-or-suck.

What are some nice Cleric and Druid buffs to use from UMD'd wands?