PDA

View Full Version : [MYTH] The Northern Ranges and Gelderland.

Creed
2011-02-03, 07:22 PM
Home of Gelderland's magus, Exicalflowne, Gelderland is a harsh, snowy land.
Please check with Creed before posting here, as to the tentative nature of the location of the main inhabited area of the Ranges.
THANKS!!!:smallbiggrin:

Creed
2011-02-03, 07:24 PM
What's his name?

Among the people here, he is known as Magihuran. It means "Beast of the Magi". They commonly refer to apprentices that way. I simply call him Mikael.

Viera Champion
2011-02-03, 07:26 PM
Among the people here, he is known as Magihuran. It means "Beast of the Magi". They commonly refer to apprentices that way. I simply call him Mikael.

Cool. I guess.
Total teenager.:smallcool:

Creed
2011-02-03, 07:38 PM
Yes, truthfully. I am now quite intrigued to see how you two fare against one another.
He whistles softly, his cane still thudding on the floor as they make a turn into a huge room of black marble, buildings and caverns carved out of the walls, ladders and stairs covering the walls like a wooden spiderweb. People scurry about, casually conversing with passers. It is obvious that the castle is indeed a full-blown city, and likely the only solace from the cold northern winds that terrorize the region.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-03, 07:44 PM
Technically I'm his half-brother. My mother isn't a noble, Cal's is. We share the same father, though. You catch my drift? he glances at her.
Anyways, I'm only half noble blood, so I'm not officially recognized as a member of Clan Flowne. So I joined up with the Passgard.
That's sort of Gelderlands... well, elite military unit is a little too formal. We do the jobs no other unit of our military will. Tricky covert ops, tracking criminals in the mountains, that sort of thing.

EDIT: CREATING GELDERLAND THREAD!
"Cool! Nothin' better than a good covert op to lighten up the mood. Well, usually anyways." Samantha says, intrigued by this 'Passguard'.

Creed
2011-02-03, 07:50 PM
It's no easy duty. They only accept skilled warriors, and even then only social outcast usually apply. It's a thankless job, and few people in the kingdom are willing to do it. We're the butt of every standard military joke, too. Jacob glares at two passing soldiers in dark blue uniforms, dual swords belted at their sides.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-03, 07:55 PM
"That.....actually kinda sucks. And there isn't anything you can do about it?" Samantha asks.

Viera Champion
2011-02-03, 08:02 PM
Kyle nods in response.

Creed
2011-02-03, 08:07 PM
"That.....actually kinda sucks. And there isn't anything you can do about it?" Samantha asks.

Not really. But hey, at least we're so mysterious that the regulars don't step out of line with us, knowing that unless they outnumber us about 10 to one they are about to get their asses handed to them.
As far as Samantha can tell, the burly man is currently unarmed. F.Y.I.

Kyle nods in response.

And by that I mean I fully expect him to challenge you to a duel moments after the gala begins.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-03, 08:16 PM
Not really. But hey, at least we're so mysterious that the regulars don't step out of line with us, knowing that unless they outnumber us about 10 to one they are about to get their asses handed to them.
As far as Samantha can tell, the burly man is currently unarmed. F.Y.I."It's kinda the opposite in Xor. The high ranking people like me and Cal kinda poke fun at the king sometimes, so most of the other people laugh with us.....We kinda tricked the king into getting married....."

Viera Champion
2011-02-03, 08:19 PM
Kyle hides his worry. He can't just say that he isn't nearly as good at sorcery as he leads on.

Creed
2011-02-03, 08:23 PM
"It's kinda the opposite in Xor. The high ranking people like me and Cal kinda poke fun at the king sometimes, so most of the other people laugh with us.....We kinda tricked the king into getting married....."

Truth be told, Cal had nearly the same thing pulled on him. He had a good run set up. Apprentice of a great magus, good job prospects, then all the sudden they set up a marriage with Myra when he was 15. He was devestated. He realized it meant the end of his career and his training. He couldn't retain his position as Reaper's protege and marry Myra. So, after the wedding, he vanished. We got word from him every now and then, but we haven't seen him since he was 17!

Kyle hides his worry. He can't just say that he isn't nearly as good at sorcery as he leads on.

I'm suprised your not worried.
He stops outside a large stone building. Here are your accomidations. Someone will find you when it's time for the gala. Feel free to peruse the city, I assure you we have a large library down the street if you feel like studying.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-03, 08:26 PM
Truth be told, Cal had nearly the same thing pulled on him. He had a good run set up. Apprentice of a great magus, good job prospects, then all the sudden they set up a marriage with Myra when he was 15. He was devestated. He realized it meant the end of his career and his training. He couldn't retain his position as Reaper's protege and marry Myra. So, after the wedding, he vanished. We got word from him every now and then, but we haven't seen him since he was 17!"Hm. Weird. Apparently I'm the only single person besides Mittens in my whole group." Samantha muses.

Creed
2011-02-03, 08:28 PM
"Hm. Weird. Apparently I'm the only single person besides Mittens in my whole group." Samantha muses.

Mittens? The magi? Jacob asks curiously.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-03, 08:30 PM
Mittens? The magi? Jacob asks curiously."Yeah! Cal's new apprentice. Why?"

Creed
2011-02-03, 08:36 PM
"Yeah! Cal's new apprentice. Why?"

Just wondering who you were talking about, is all.
They step through an archway and into the ice room that they saw from the pass. People are cheerfully bustling around, hanging decorations and setting tables.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-03, 08:42 PM
"Woah. Is this room made entirely out of ice?"

Creed
2011-02-03, 08:48 PM
"Woah. Is this room made entirely out of ice?"

Yep. Best part is, no one can figure out how they did it. Somehow, the temperature of this room is very warm.

Viera Champion
2011-02-03, 08:58 PM
Kyle shudders at the prospect. Losing or destroying the castle? Difficult choice.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-03, 08:59 PM
Yep. Best part is, no one can figure out how they did it. Somehow, the temperature of this room is very warm."Yeah that is a bit weird....."

Creed
2011-02-03, 08:59 PM
Reaper dissapears and the doors to Kyle's accomodations swing open soundlessly.

Creed
2011-02-03, 09:00 PM
"Yeah that is a bit weird....."

Jacob nods and continues across the room to an icy staircase.
Oddly, the floor is not at all slippery, either, and you can see beautiful flowers below the floor in an underground garden.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-03, 09:04 PM
Jacob nods and continues across the room to an icy staircase.
Oddly, the floor is not at all slippery, either, and you can see beautiful flowers below the floor in an underground garden.Samantha steps very carefully up the staircase.

Creed
2011-02-03, 09:09 PM
Samantha steps very carefully up the staircase.

It's oddly solid, and Jacob walks up it confidantly.
After leading her down several more halls, they come to a black-stone building among many others, people bustling around joyously.
Here are your accomodations. You should hear when the gala starts, just come on in whenever you're ready. If should need anything until then, well, I believe your accomodations should make that clear enough. he smiles and starts walking off, whistling.

Viera Champion
2011-02-03, 09:14 PM
Kyle enters his room/place/thing and sighs.

Creed
2011-02-03, 09:22 PM
Kyle enters his room/place/thing and sighs.

It's actually quite nice. A varitable mansion, a cleaning crew brushing by him as he walks in, on their way out.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-03, 09:24 PM
Samantha looks confused at the last statement, but opens the door into her 'accomodations' and looks around.

Viera Champion
2011-02-03, 09:25 PM
It's actually quite nice. A varitable mansion, a cleaning crew brushing by him as he walks in, on their way out.

Well this looks nice.

Creed
2011-02-03, 09:28 PM
Samantha looks confused at the last statement, but opens the door into her 'accomodations' and looks around.

It's a varitable mansion as well, a portrait of a old man on one wall in the foyer and the house extending well beyond.

Well this looks nice.

You may notice a marble statue wiping it's nose about twenty feet away.

Viera Champion
2011-02-03, 09:31 PM
It's a varitable mansion as well, a portrait of a old man on one wall in the foyer and the house extending well beyond.

You may notice a marble statue wiping it's nose about twenty feet away.

Kyle blinks in surprise.
Statues aren't supposed to move...

Creed
2011-02-03, 09:38 PM
Kyle blinks in surprise.
Statues aren't supposed to move...

Well apparently you haven't many golems, have you? the statue replies.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-03, 09:38 PM
"Cool!" Samantha continues to explore the mansion.

Viera Champion
2011-02-03, 09:49 PM
Not in my bedroom at least.

Creed
2011-02-03, 10:03 PM
"Cool!" Samantha continues to explore the mansion.

The picture coughs as she goes by.

Not in my bedroom at least.

Well, um, well, yeah. I'm pretty much the housekeeper. Whatever you need, I run out and get.

Viera Champion
2011-02-03, 10:06 PM
The picture coughs as she goes by.

Well, um, well, yeah. I'm pretty much the housekeeper. Whatever you need, I run out and get.

Oh... Can you run out and get me some privacy...?

Creed
2011-02-03, 10:07 PM
Oh... Can you run out and get me some privacy...?

Coming right up. it leaves.

Viera Champion
2011-02-03, 10:11 PM
Coming right up. it leaves.

Kyle smiles and climbs into a nice warm bathtub.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-03, 10:12 PM
The picture coughs as she goes by.Samantha double takes. "Sup picture guy."

Creed
2011-02-03, 10:18 PM
Samantha double takes. "Sup picture guy."

Whats up. I'm the housekeeper. You need anything, give a shout.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-03, 10:22 PM
Whats up. I'm the housekeeper. You need anything, give a shout."Awesome! A house keeper and a painting at the same time. So cool......."

Creed
2011-02-03, 10:28 PM
"Awesome! A house keeper and a painting at the same time. So cool......."

Yeah, unh-huh. he seems disinterested.

Sporadic posting maybe deadtimeing...

Gimliggamer
2011-02-03, 10:31 PM
"Peace housekeeper dude!" She skips off to explore more.

Creed
2011-02-04, 07:21 AM
"Peace housekeeper dude!" She skips off to explore more.

It's a large, well-stocked mansion of coolio.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-04, 12:39 PM
Once Samantha finds the bathroom, she takes a bath and waits for the Gala.

Creed
2011-02-05, 12:45 AM
A few hours later, both Sama and Kyle get knocks on their doors.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-05, 12:53 AM
Samantha walks to her door, dressed in what she was in earlier. Except clean again. She opens it to see who it is.

Viera Champion
2011-02-05, 08:26 AM
Kyle opens the door. Yay!

Creed
2011-02-05, 11:13 AM
Samantha walks to her door, dressed in what she was in earlier. Except clean again. She opens it to see who it is.

Kyle opens the door. Yay!

Outside both doors are crowds, headed toward the Ice Ballroom, chattering excitedly.

Viera Champion
2011-02-05, 11:59 AM
Outside both doors are crowds, headed toward the Ice Ballroom, chattering excitedly.

Kyle sighs and follows the crowd.

Creed
2011-02-05, 02:01 PM
Kyle sighs and follows the crowd.

It empties into the FABULOUS ice ballroom.:smalltongue:

Viera Champion
2011-02-05, 09:16 PM
It empties into the FABULOUS ice ballroom.:smalltongue:

ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTFUL, DAHHHLING.:smallamused:

Kyle enters the ballroom.

Creed
2011-02-05, 10:34 PM
Tables are spread around the walls, the center of the room featuring a huge dance floor where noblility and commoners meld together seemlessly in a crowd of dacing folks.
Sitting at one table nearby is Exicalflowne, talking to a grey haired man with a wine goblet.

Viera Champion
2011-02-05, 11:16 PM
Kyle is wondering when the dance he has to participate in is gonna start.

Creed
2011-02-05, 11:44 PM
Kyle is wondering when the dance he has to participate in is gonna start.

That is sorta up to him, as it's expected, but not mandatory.
Also, across the ballroom, Reaper is talking to a black haired youth dressed in a similar outfit as Exicalflowne, but grey.

Viera Champion
2011-02-06, 07:54 AM
That is sorta up to him, as it's expected, but not mandatory.
Also, across the ballroom, Reaper is talking to a black haired youth dressed in a similar outfit as Exicalflowne, but grey.

Oh, well he knows nothing of Gelderland tradition so he waits for someone to come to him.

Creed
2011-02-06, 09:29 AM
Oh, well he knows nothing of Gelderland tradition so he waits for someone to come to him.

Soon enough, Exicalflowne walks over to him.
Just wanted to let you know that I had nothing to do with arranging the duel against Reaper's apprentice. That old man has ways of knowing things. He got a new apprentice just to test you. To see if you were a natural. To see if he needed to usurp control of your teaching. he says quietly.

Viera Champion
2011-02-06, 10:48 AM
Soon enough, Exicalflowne walks over to him.
Just wanted to let you know that I had nothing to do with arranging the duel against Reaper's apprentice. That old man has ways of knowing things. He got a new apprentice just to test you. To see if you were a natural. To see if he needed to usurp control of your teaching. he says quietly.

But if I summon anything larger than a cat it'll destroy this whole place, and if I don't I'll be super emberassed forever!

Creed
2011-02-06, 10:29 PM
But if I summon anything larger than a cat it'll destroy this whole place, and if I don't I'll be super emberassed forever!

Then don't summon something tangible. Your school of magic, called conjuration, focuses on summoning and controlling creatures made of very small particles. If you can break a creature up into a pure form, called an Essence, you can bind it to something. Keep it small, but keep the power. Magic swords, empty suits of armor that fight alone, anything.

Viera Champion
2011-02-06, 10:36 PM
Th-That sounds hard...

Creed
2011-02-06, 10:45 PM
Th-That sounds hard...

It is, but simply you have got very few choices. Use whatever magic you will, no doubt we will cotain it if it gets out of hand.

Viera Champion
2011-02-06, 10:48 PM
It is, but simply you have got very few choices. Use whatever magic you will, no doubt we will cotain it if it gets out of hand.

He nods.
I'll try not to summon anything too big.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-06, 10:50 PM
Sam is lounging about in the ice ballroom.

Creed
2011-02-06, 10:55 PM
Sam is lounging about in the ice ballroom.

Random guys are clambering over her for a dance.
She may notice Jacob and several other men in black wolfskins standing off to one side, conversing. She may also notice Cal talking to Kyle, Myra talking to a grey-haired man, and Reaper talking to a young man.

He nods.
I'll try not to summon anything too big.

Whatever you got. Half the people in this room have magic to contribute to barriers. It will all work out. Remember, this guy is a evocationist, he specializes in blowing stuff up.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-06, 10:58 PM
Sam walks over to Cal and Kyle. "You preparin' Mittens for a showdown?" She asks.

Creed
2011-02-06, 11:04 PM
Sam walks over to Cal and Kyle. "You preparin' Mittens for a showdown?" She asks.

Yeah. That's Reaper's new apprentice. Coincidence, he got an apprentice 3 days ago as well.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-06, 11:09 PM
"Hm. Spooky. Or staged. Or he just happened to predict that you would get an apprentice three days ago so he got one as well. Looks like your old master is trying to one-up you. Have fun!"

Viera Champion
2011-02-06, 11:11 PM
Kyle quickly tries to find someone who isn't already dancing so he has an excuse to get away from Cal.

Creed
2011-02-06, 11:12 PM
"Hm. Spooky. Or staged. Or he just happened to predict that you would get an apprentice three days ago so he got one as well. Looks like your old master is trying to one-up you. Have fun!"

The old dog is an evocationist in practice, but learned a few tricks in divination. He's a well rounded magi. An eternity of undeath gives you time to practice.

Creed
2011-02-06, 11:13 PM
Kyle quickly tries to find someone who isn't already dancing so he has an excuse to get away from Cal.

There are tons of embaressed teenagers standing on the sidelines.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-06, 11:19 PM
The old dog is an evocationist in practice, but learned a few tricks in divination. He's a well rounded magi. An eternity of undeath gives you time to practice.
"Yeah it probably does.........Never thought of that before..."

I'm getting a distinct Fable vibe from Reaper...

Creed
2011-02-06, 11:25 PM
"Yeah it probably does.........Never thought of that before..."

I'm getting a distinct Fable vibe from Reaper...

Like, Jack of Blades style or what? EXPLAIN YOUR CONCLUSION, MORTAL!

Gimliggamer
2011-02-06, 11:27 PM
Like, Jack of Blades style or what? EXPLAIN YOUR CONCLUSION, MORTAL!Like, you know Reaver! The guy who goes away from the guild to the northern wastes.

Creed
2011-02-07, 07:39 AM
Dang, that's actually an extremely good comparison! Not planned, I swear.
Ever since Warcraft 3, I've always associated cold with undeath.:smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2011-02-07, 09:50 PM
Yeah, undead are usually cold, if not in cold places. Sam looks around for something to do.

Creed
2011-02-07, 09:55 PM
Well, as Sam looks around, and ebony skinned woman walks into the ballroom from the icy staircase. Ebony, not in the way as some desert-folk you have seen, but pure, unrelenting, midnight black. Her eyes glow red, the same color as the slinky dress adorning her slender form.
Cal looks up.
Appears you aren't the only diplomat around.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-07, 10:01 PM
"Woah. Wheres she from?" Sam asks Cal.

Creed
2011-02-07, 10:19 PM
The land of the West, most likely. Most of the entrances are there.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-07, 10:24 PM
"Hm. Cool."

Creed
2011-02-07, 10:32 PM
"Hm. Cool."

Dark elves. Damn caniving beasts. Hardly humanoid except in form, in my opinion.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-07, 10:37 PM
"Hey, thats mean. What if they judged humans solely on interaction with Maxios?"

Creed
2011-02-08, 07:45 AM
And what if they judged us by entering about 6 of their cities and staying their for a few weeks. Trust me, I have experience with the creatures.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-08, 04:59 PM
"Hmm. Whatever floats your aquatic transport. 'n stuff."

Creed
2011-02-08, 08:51 PM
You find it this hard to take my racial prejudices seriously?

Gimliggamer
2011-02-08, 09:33 PM
"Probably because I have none/ I haven't exactly encountered that many other races. I don't see a point on judging people by race, because each person is different. Like Drizzt."

Creed
2011-02-08, 09:37 PM
"Probably because I have none/ I haven't exactly encountered that many other races. I don't see a point on judging people by race, because each person is different. Like Drizzt."

Get over your purple obsession!
Cal sighs and stands. Then go talk to one and find out for yourself.
he strides off.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-08, 09:48 PM
"Fine." She makes a face at him when he goes. Then she goes to talk to Ms. Drow.

Creed
2011-02-08, 09:56 PM
She's sitting at a table, many eyes drawn to her but to unwilling to sit with her. One of the chalices of aromatic drink that the servers are distributing is clutched in oneslender hand, the other holds a book open disinterestedly.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-08, 09:58 PM
She's sitting at a table, many eyes drawn to her but to unwilling to sit with her. One of the chalices of aromatic drink that the servers are distributing is clutched in oneslender hand, the other holds a book open disinterestedly. Samantha walks over and sits at the table with her. "Hi."

Creed
2011-02-08, 10:04 PM
Samantha walks over and sits at the table with her. "Hi."

Hello. So nice to meet you. a phony smile spreads across her disengaged face.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-08, 10:05 PM
Hello. So nice to meet you. a phony smile spreads across her disengaged face."You too. Some people here seem rather negative about you. Is it because your smiles look phony! a big fat phony! fake?" Samantha asks curiously.

Creed
2011-02-08, 10:07 PM
No. It's because these barbarians have an innate distrust of my kind.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-08, 10:10 PM
"Why?" She asks simply.

Creed
2011-02-08, 10:17 PM
My people worship the Spider Lady. These people worship the Lord of Chaos. Once, a myth was told that the two were lovers. But inthe enigmatic nature of both of them, they constantly looked over their shoulder to watch their backs. Inevitably, they, it is said, seperated for all time. Lolth went under the surface of the earth, and Moarzed traveled to the far north until the cold was to great even for the gods. Both races blame the other for their present location in life.
/babble
best part? This entire post came from an iPod. /proud.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-08, 10:21 PM
"Hmm. Doesn't seem much to get worked up over." Sam says.

Weird how dark skin comes from a lot of contact with sun but the people with midnight black skin are underground...

Creed
2011-02-08, 10:25 PM
"Hmm. Doesn't seem much to get worked up over." Sam says.

Weird how dark skin comes from a lot of contact with sun but the people with midnight black skin are underground...

Shut up and drink the darn KoolAid!:smalltongue:
Until you realize that the entire creation story for both races revolves around that pivotal moment in deific history. Neither side expects outsiders to understand. I don't know why I'm tryin to explain this...

Gimliggamer
2011-02-08, 10:27 PM
"So your gods didn't get along. So what?"

Creed
2011-02-08, 10:31 PM
So the fundamental religions of each side say that the other is bad. Should be made war upon. Should be made slaves. Ultimately, that is the stalemate that Moarzed and Lolth are at. They want the... Pleasure the other brings them, but neither wants to have to watch their backs.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-08, 10:36 PM
"Hm. Weird concept." Sam comments.

Creed
2011-02-08, 10:41 PM
Blame the barbarians. They carried out the orders so faithfully
she sighs.
Well, it was very nice conversing with you, Samantha, but I do believe The Crown Prince is in need of your aid as an "ambassador".
she chuckles.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-08, 10:47 PM
"What? Why? And why did it sound like you put air quotes around ambassador?"

Creed
2011-02-08, 10:55 PM
See for yourself. she chuckles.
Cal is arguing with his brother.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-08, 10:57 PM
Sam walks over to them. "Whats going on now?"

Creed
2011-02-08, 11:04 PM
Brother, it's fully within my power to demand the right.
Back off, Sam. And no, it isn't, Jacob. I don't understand why you want to evoke an obscure military law anyways. It doesn't apply. Plus, you aren't even regular military!

Gimliggamer
2011-02-08, 11:06 PM
"What military law?" Sam asks, fully ignoring the whole back off thing. Mostly.

Creed
2011-02-09, 07:37 AM
"What military law?" Sam asks, fully ignoring the whole back off thing. Mostly.

The Service Claim. It states that a soldier can, after at least ten years of service, pledge another ten years after a year vacation after marrying. Who he marries is his choice, with no one elses say in the matter, as long as that person is not already married and not nobility or royalty.
And it's fully within my power to claim my rights!

Gimliggamer
2011-02-09, 08:17 PM
"Claim your rights to what? Marrying the dark elf?" srs Sam is srs. Kinda.

Creed
2011-02-09, 09:24 PM
"Claim your rights to what? Marrying the dark elf?" srs Sam is srs. Kinda.

No. Another foreigner. The only other foreigner.
Cal and Jacob stare each other down.

Viera Champion
2011-02-09, 09:26 PM
Cal and Jacob stare each other down.

Kyle?:smalltongue: Just kidding it's clearly Sam.

Kyle's still standing awkwardly in the corner.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-09, 09:39 PM
Cal and Jacob stare each other down. "Mittens? Are you serious?" She kinda doesn't get it.....

Creed
2011-02-09, 09:48 PM
"Mittens? Are you serious?" She kinda doesn't get it.....

No! Of course not! Samantha, mind telling us where you are from?

Gimliggamer
2011-02-09, 09:50 PM
No! Of course not! Samantha, mind telling us where you are from? "Umm.....This is kind of embarassing.......I don't really know. It was a large city of some sort, which ran mostly on magic. Thats all I know."

Creed
2011-02-09, 10:02 PM
"Umm.....This is kind of embarassing.......I don't really know. It was a large city of some sort, which ran mostly on magic. Thats all I know."

Is it, I don't know, somewhere in Gelderland? he asks sarcastically.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-09, 10:04 PM
Is it, I don't know, somewhere in Gelderland? he asks sarcastically. "What? Obviously not. I had no idea Gelderland existed before you told me."

Creed
2011-02-09, 10:11 PM
Then you are a what? Starts with an "F"?

Gimliggamer
2011-02-09, 10:14 PM
"Female? Wait no that can't be it.....Wait a minute.....A foreigner! But that means....Wait what?"

Creed
2011-02-09, 10:23 PM
YES! YES ALREADY!he shouts with frustration.
He wants to marry you! Cal looks ready to tear his hair out.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-09, 10:26 PM
"He wants to....claim his rights to me?" Sam asks, a frown slowly creeping onto her face.

Creed
2011-02-10, 06:32 AM
Took your time figuring it out...

Gimliggamer
2011-02-10, 07:57 PM
"Can....can he do that? Can I refuse?" Sam asks him.

Creed
2011-02-10, 08:04 PM
Not passively.
Cals staff appears in his hand, and with a resounding thwack, he hits his older brother square in the forehead.
This maneuver would be more effective if two things were true:
1: Cal was stronger
2: Jacob was weaker
Sadly, because of these reasons, Jacob proceeds to uppercut his younger brother about twelve feet into the air.:smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2011-02-10, 08:10 PM
Sam decides to take Cal's advice an thrusts her hand forward, her palm likely hitting Jacob square in the forehead, a considerable amount of force behind the blow. Because two things are true:
1. Sam is probably near as strong as Jacob.
2. Jacob is probably going to be caught off guard.

She leaves Mittens to catch Cal.

Creed
2011-02-10, 08:14 PM
Or Cal to land on his feet and whistle at the now prone form of his brother.
Appears your challenge has been defeated, Jacob. 24 hour restraint. Bring out the wine! he shouts, and servers start bringing in heavily laden trays of wine.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-10, 08:22 PM
Sam grumbles something about not being property and drinks some wine.

Creed
2011-02-10, 08:34 PM
We'll leave tomorrow morning. In 24 hours he's allowed to challenge to the death.
He takes a sip of white.
Also:
Lawlz! Just took the Mary-Sue-Litmus-Test for Jason Bekon, got a 117. 50 is the "Kill it dead" category!:smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2011-02-10, 08:39 PM
"Alright then. Is this what happens to all your foreign diplomats?"

Creed
2011-02-10, 08:45 PM
Not always, but to the female ones, yes. I suppose I should have warned you, but I assumed the challenger would have been some upstart noble who would be tossed through a window fairly quickly. I didn't expect my own brother. he takes another swig of the exceptionally potent wine as the old man Myra was talking to walks up.
Ah, introductions. Samantha, I would like you to meet Lord Alexander Graveholt, my father. Father, this is Lady Samantha of Xor, one of my associates under my current employer.
Graveholt nods hurriedly.
Ah yes, very nice to meet you, Ms. Samantha. Very good things I have heard of your country.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-10, 08:56 PM
Samantha bows to King Alex. "Yours as well Lord Graveholt."

Viera Champion
2011-02-10, 09:04 PM
Kyle is standing awkwardly next to Sam and Cal, being silent.

Creed
2011-02-10, 09:18 PM
Samantha bows to King Alex. "Yours as well Lord Graveholt."

Actually, just a noble. Remember, Myra's father is king, Exicalflowne is married into royalty.
He's just a rich dude who happens to own about 20% of the real estate inside the Castle-City.
You are too kind, Ms. Samantha, and after my eldest son's upstart behavior. I assure you, he will not bother you and Brian in the future.
Cal frowns.
I'd prefer it if you called me by my legal name, father.

Kyle is standing awkwardly next to Sam and Cal, being silent.

Cal glances at him.
Bored?

Gimliggamer
2011-02-10, 09:21 PM
Samantha giggles when she hears that Cal's name is Brian. Then she turns to Kyle. "Mittens, why aren't you dancing?"
Sam got a 25.

Viera Champion
2011-02-10, 09:24 PM
Actually, just a noble. Remember, Myra's father is king, Exicalflowne is married into royalty.
He's just a rich dude who happens to own about 20% of the real estate inside the Castle-City.
You are too kind, Ms. Samantha, and after my eldest son's upstart behavior. I assure you, he will not bother you and Brian in the future.
Cal frowns.
I'd prefer it if you called me by my legal name, father.

Cal glances at him.
Bored?

Kyle breaks out into a grin.
Brian?

Creed
2011-02-10, 09:28 PM
Samantha giggles when she hears that Cal's name is Brian. Then she turns to Kyle. "Mittens, why aren't you dancing?"
Sam got a 25.

Lawls Sam is the Anti-Sue!:smalltongue:

Kyle breaks out into a grin.
Brian?

Cal scowls.
In a formal apprenticeship in Gelderland, you are renamed by your master during graduation. My original name is Brian Graveholt, Third Son of Lord Graveholt.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-10, 09:29 PM
Lawls Sam is the Anti-Sue!:smalltongue:

Cal scowls.
In a formal apprenticeship in Gelderland, you are renamed by your master during graduation. My original name is Brian Graveholt, Third Son of Lord Graveholt.Sam pats his back. "It's okay Cal. I'll probably never be able to call you Brian willingly."

Creed
2011-02-10, 09:45 PM
Very funny. he smiles sarcastically and takes another swig of wine.

Gimliggamer
2011-02-10, 09:49 PM
"I know." Sam says, drinking some more wine. Gettin' a tiny bit tipsy as well....

My character in another RP off of Giant got a 98.....

Creed
2011-02-11, 07:24 AM
He suddenly gets an idea, calling out across the ballroom:
Reaper! Get your apprentice over here! It's time for their duel!

Gimliggamer
2011-02-13, 10:51 PM
"I'm kinda tired....." Sam says. "Would I be insulting someone if I went back to my room?" She asks Cal.

Creed
2011-02-13, 11:35 PM
Cal looks at her.
Of course not. It's only natural to sleep, and the enchanted nature of the castle makes it simple to take a quick nap, since 23 hours a day you will see darkness and snow! he smiles jovially, taking another sip of wine.

Also: OOC (Do not read if you don't want to hear how big of a nerd I am)
If I don't post much for the next week, it's because I just bought Halo: Reach at about 6 P.M. last night (Saturday in Ohio at that time. Shows my lack of a social life.:smalltongue:) and I've probably spent the last 30ish hours as follows:
3-4 Hours: Watch Inception and Facebook: The Movie The Social Network. Eat while watching to condense non-Xbox affiliated time.
4-5 Hours: Sleep regiment. Shower.
1 Hour: Rake Leaves, Walk Dog
1 Hour: Eat Subway, get caught up in some movie on cable about football and racism or something like that.
19 Hours: Halo and Occasional Biostop

Gimliggamer
2011-02-14, 02:00 AM
"K. Well I guess I'll see you later then." Sam heads off to her room to take a nap.

OOC (Directed at Creed.)
Pssh. I preordered the legendary edition and took a day off school for it.:smalltongue:
I should be getting my new copy this Friday though. If you have Live you should send me your gamertag and we can game together.

Viera Champion
2011-02-14, 08:33 PM
Kyle frowns as Cal calls for Reaper and his apprentice. He was hoping to put off this fight as long as possible.

Creed
2011-02-14, 08:53 PM
"K. Well I guess I'll see you later then." Sam heads off to her room to take a nap.

OOC (Directed at Creed.)
Pssh. I preordered the legendary edition and took a day off school for it.:smalltongue:
I should be getting my new copy this Friday though. If you have Live you should send me your gamertag and we can game together.

Goodnight.

Kyle frowns as Cal calls for Reaper and his apprentice. He was hoping to put off this fight as long as possible.

Reaper and Mikael reach Cal and Kyle.
I do believe it's time for our apprentices friendly sparring match, don't you, Reaper?

Mikael sighs. It's obvious he has similar feelings regarding the duel as Kyle.
Agreed completely! Reaper responds jovially.

Creed
2011-03-15, 09:14 PM
Aaaand jumpstart.
You're welcome Maxios.:smalltongue:

Gimliggamer
2011-03-22, 09:50 PM
Samantha wakes up and walks back to the weird ice room thingy.

Creed
2011-03-23, 06:47 AM
Samantha wakes up and walks back to the weird ice room thingy.

Party still be hoppin'. These peeps know how to party... and party... and party...

Viera Champion
2011-03-23, 07:53 AM
Kyle rolls his eyes and gives Mikhael the "I hate old people look".

Creed
2011-03-23, 03:51 PM
Kyle rolls his eyes and gives Mikhael the "I hate old people look".

He returns it, glaring at Reaper.

Viera Champion
2011-03-23, 04:37 PM
So how good are you at magic?

Creed
2011-03-23, 04:48 PM
So how good are you at magic?

Mediocre. he says solemnly.

Viera Champion
2011-03-23, 05:30 PM
Same. What say we sneak away when they around looking.

Creed
2011-03-23, 06:42 PM
Same. What say we sneak away when they around looking.

Sounds like a good plan. he starts stepping backwards.

Viera Champion
2011-03-23, 06:44 PM
Sounds like a good plan. he starts stepping backwards.

Kyle grabs his hand and disappears into the crowd. It's his specialty.

Creed
2011-03-24, 06:23 AM
Kyle grabs his hand and disappears into the crowd. It's his specialty.

The two masters don't notice their dissapearance.

Viera Champion
2011-03-24, 09:02 AM
Kyle smiles.
Well that was easy.

Creed
2011-03-24, 08:27 PM
Kyle smiles.
Well that was easy.

Reaper's consciousness is somehwhat lacking in the vision department.