PDA

View Full Version : Supplement Publishing? Help?

Welknair
2011-02-07, 08:39 PM
Hello all! You may have seen my Magitech System (see sig). You may have also realized that it's quite large. Over 30 pages, last I checked. And that's without fluff and examples and the like. One of my friends said "You know, this could be an entire book".

After a few E-Mails to Paizo, I may be able to get a compatibility license in order to get a Compatibility Logo for it and thanks to CreateSpace on Amazon I could self-publish while Amazon deals with printing and sending. I'm currently looking into what I'd need to get a 3.5 Compatible Logo as well.

My main deficiency is in the art department. Every supplement I've ever seen has great illustrations. I have none, nor do I have the funds to hire a professional artist, nor do I have talented friends. I may be able to scrounge up like forty dollars. I think that's enough for a single decent commission on DeviantArt?

I'd also like to hear about what people think are important to a good supplement.

Also note that I have another two base classes and an entire biotech system all written out but not posted on that thread. I also have no worries that I would be able to add in the requisite fluff and examples to fill out the rest of the work.

Oh, and am I insane?

Welknair
2011-02-07, 11:45 PM
Think I found some friends that could make do-able artwork, but not quite at the quality that I would like...

Anyways, what things do you think makes a good supplement? Fluff? Crunch? Artwork? Length? Examples? Feats and spells?