PDA

View Full Version : Would somebody please make me a map?

Adamaro
2011-02-10, 06:34 AM
I know all map generators, but as it turned out, they are not really what I am looking for (among other things, they do not generate rivers). So if anybody likes to make black and white non-super complex maps I'd like to ask him/her to make me a black-and-white map of my D&D world.

Here is a rough description:

This map is about 1.200 x 1.200 miles large. The Central part are mostly plains with a small amount of hills. In the west part of Central part there is a cluster of medium-size mountains, then some small plains and finally west coast and sea.

South of Central part lie The Deserts - rather large areas of rock, small hills, sand and dirt.

North of Central part lie The Mountains. These run mostly in west-east direction and are quite large and high, also, no forests grow there at the moment.

East of the Central part lies the East sea.

I'd especially appreciate some logically placed rivers, islands and to an extent realystic coast.

IMPORTANT!
On Central part there is an epic magical effect which causes heat, humidity and lots of rain (eternal summer with strong tropical elements). (And lots of tropic forests in this region? Lots of rivers? Maybe ... )

Also no names on a mpa please. It would be grat if it would be blank. I still need to come up with names.

Yora
2011-02-10, 06:43 AM
Do you need a practical map or a good looking map?

Drawing something fancy with decorations would be a bit too much work for me right now, but a simple map to measure distances and get the relative positions between specific places wouldn't be a problem.

Adamaro
2011-02-10, 06:50 AM
I think a practical map would quite do. :smallbiggrin: I can always "upgrade" it myself.

Yora
2011-02-10, 07:13 AM
Okay, here's the downszed copy of what I came up with.
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/1954/mapbx.png
I also do have it on 1cm = 10 miles scale.

Anyother wishes?

Adamaro
2011-02-10, 07:16 AM
Could it be black-and white please? :smalltongue: I need it such in order to edit it.

Yora
2011-02-10, 07:25 AM
If you want to print it, I could also make it lighter. Just making black and white would make everything quite dark.

Adamaro
2011-02-10, 07:34 AM
Do you think such position of forests is logical? Also, do you think main very wet area is well represented?

And I am asking for B/W because I edit this stuff in Paint. Ya, not very advanced ... :/

Yora
2011-02-10, 07:40 AM
I have been told that GIMP is a very good free image software that supposedly works just as well as photoshop. Though it might overwhelm you if you don't have experience with such programmms. :smallbiggrin:

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5871/mapmedium.png (1200x1200
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/5177/mapsmall.png (600x600)

I think the forests seem quite right at their places. Except the one in the middle of the plains, but you said it's magical. :smallbiggrin:

Adamaro
2011-02-10, 07:47 AM
Cool. Tnx :smallamused: