PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Let's challenge this Lvl 30 Homebrew Gestalt leShay!

HeadlessMermaid
2011-02-12, 07:57 PM
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/EPIC_Gallery/Gallery5a/44182_C5_leShay.jpg

OK, this is a Theoretical Exercise. Meet Karelia, the leShay of Legend. The build is almost exclusively based on hombrewed stuff, from here on GitP or from Brilliant Gameologists. Here it is:

leShay (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=9557.msg353775#msg353775) 27 / Half-Golem (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=9557.msg354558#msg354558) 3 //
Heroic Monk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162365) 23 / Factotum 3 / Epic Hero (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102456) 1 / Heroic Fighter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8974142) 1 / Creature of Legend (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9077277&postcount=1173) 2
(Half-Golem gets Woodwrath construction material (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9938595&postcount=2). Epic Destiny: True Genius (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5883915#post5883915).)

And here is her character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=272144).

If you are thinking "holy crap, that thing wouldn't be allowed anywhere near my game!", I applaud your vigilance. Entirely not the point. :smalltongue:

You see, quite disturbingly, if leShay were to be approved, Karelia could be a legal character for several games on these boards. (And if not, you could take a Wizard 27 on the first side of Gestalt and call it a day. You'd end up with half attacks per flurry and minus certain unique fey abilities, but with the exact same numbers on attack/damage/AC/saves. Plus a full caster. Mommy. But I digress.)

The thing is, I started making a very flavorful leShay without any intent to cheese it out more than necessary, and then got carried away and ended up with this. (Don't ask.) And it got me thinking. I have fooled around with ridiculous power/level characters before, but never casters. And I took it for granted that if you're a martial character or even gish, an optimized caster will eat you for breakfast no matter what. But I look at this leShay, and I start having doubts. (Presumably, because I don't know anything at all about optimizing casters at this level. And that's exactly what I'm trying to learn.)

So, long story short. Refraining from builidng Pun-Pun, or Karelia's Evil Caster Twin...

Challenge No 1 (Piece of cake?)

Take 60 Point Buy
Make a Gestalt Level 30 character
Take a full caster
Epic Spellcasting allowed
Use any WotC source
Use any homebrew source
Make Karelia beg for her life

Challenge No 2 (Easy?)

Take 60 Point Buy
Take a full caster
No Epic Spellcasting
Use any WotC source
Use any homebrew source

Challenge No 3 (Difficult?)

Take 60 Point Buy
Take a full caster
No Epic Spellcasting
Use any WotC source
No homebrew (What? You're Tier 1, what else do you need?)

I know one easy way to shut her down, and it involves Imperious Command, assuming you can bypass immunity to fear (naturally, there's a homebrew (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79512) for that). Other than that, no idea. What about you? (On Other Notes of the character sheet, I conveniently list the things that DO affect her. Admittedly, they are kinda lost in a Q&A filled with bragging about the things that don't. Sorry about that.)

faceroll
2011-02-12, 08:16 PM
It has very low SR. Does it have immunity to mind-affecting stuff? What about ability damage/drain? Those are the immediate weaknesses that come to mind.

Also, where are you getting the casting from?

[edit]
Found bottom of your sheet, reading now.

Fox Box Socks
2011-02-12, 08:18 PM
72 CON?

Seriously?

*.*.*.*
2011-02-12, 08:18 PM
I eagerly await for someone from BG to bring a Sharn in:smallbiggrin:

One of the challengers needs to be an abberation of some sort, Natural v.s. Unnatural FTW

faceroll
2011-02-12, 08:34 PM
A level 20 spells-to-powers erudite could do it pretty easy. Just walk up while immune to everything, manifest chain synchronicities for near limitless actions, and spam a no-save, no-attack ability damage power/spell untile the leshay is unconscious. If he somehow fails on his round and the leshay flees, he follows with trace teleport.

Lack of true sight means superior invisibility and ghost form should make the erudite undetectable to within 100feet, while touchsight/lifesense/mindsight makes it a piece of cake for him to find you, given he has a general idea of where to look.

Your character is good at doing damage, but a level 10 trollblooded warforged juggernaught is immune to damage. Then just throw 20 levels of something else in there (like stp erudite) and he can do it without gestalt. Heck, he could likely beat you at your own game if you built it with fighter or something.

[edit]
Hmmm, against anything with a con score of -, a bunch of your abilities (stunning fist, ability damage/drain) that carry on your attacks are no good. That is a major weakness, imo.

HeadlessMermaid
2011-02-12, 08:44 PM
A level 20 spells-to-powers erudite could do it pretty easy. Just walk up while immune to everything, manifest chain synchronicities for near limitless actions, and spam a no-save, no-attack ability damage power/spell untile the leshay is unconscious.

Forgive my ignorance, but I really know nothing about high level casters.

1) What no-save, no-attack ability damage power/spell is there?
2) Is the caster within 30 ft? (I guess not, but if so, he provokes even with quickened or swift spells).
3) Has the caster won initiative? How?

If he somehow fails on his round and the leshay flees, he follows with trace teleport.
That would work, unless Third Eye Conceal blocks it. Where can I find this spell?

Lack of true sight means superior invisibility and ghost form should make the erudite undetectable, while touchsight/lifesense/mindsight makes it a piece of cake for him to find you, given he has a general idea of where to look.
The leShay has constant See Invisibility, Blindisight 45 ft , Blindsense 90 ft (all Ex) and True Seeing 1/day. If all else fails, she has access to Telepathy 100 ft + Mindsight. Let's say she isn't interested in hiding for now.

Your character is good at doing damage, but a level 10 trollblooded warforged juggernaught is immune to damage.
...And would also be immune to Ability Damage and Stunning, right? What about Quivering Palm?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-02-12, 09:25 PM
First of all, Elusive Target doesn't work if you haven't acted yet. You cannot select your Dodge target until your turn in the initiative, so if an opponent gets to act before you then you can't negate power attack bonuses.

I'm not going to even read all of that, and I'm not going to bother making a complete build, because everything at that level is silly. Especially that 2-level Monster of Legend class considering the template is LA +7. Let me just go homebrew a Paragon Creature template class that's only one level, and a Divine Rank 20 complete with salient divine abilities as a 5-level template class. Put together the following combination of tricks:

1. Act first and get multiple actions, a spell-to-power Erudite who's Shapechanged into a Dire Tortoise gets a surprise round even if he's not actually surprised. Foresight does nothing because he's not surprised, it gets a surprise round anyway because it's so fast. Elusive Target does nothing for him. The Synchronicity trick gets around his immunity to time effects, you may have forgotten that Time Stop speeds up one character to the point that time only appears to stop relative to the caster, similar to renaming Giant Size to Shrink Universe. Pretty much any action-economy-breaking effect will still work in his presence.
2. Get a fire near him (Produce Flame or throw a torch within 20 feet) and cast Pyrotechnics: Smoke Cloud. His sight and spot checks are completely negated.
3. Have the feat Darkstalker with either a Hide or Move Silently check too high for his Listen check to detect. His Blindsight, Blindsense, and all other senses have been completely negated with regards to the attacker. He cannot make AoOs against a target he cannot see, core rule of AoOs.
4. Any arbitrarily high attack bonus ability ahead of time will work, be it Festering Anger plus the Pestilence domain, or Blood in the Water tricks, etc. Alternatively use Initate of Mystra with Antimagic Field to negate a majority of his AC bonuses, Deflection is always supernatural or spell-like and I'm not sure where the 80 misc comes from but some clarification would help.
5. Power Attack, Leap Attack, Valorous weapon, Rhino's Rush, Spirited Charge, two-handed Lance and kill it dead. True Strike negates miss chances. You should have Blindsight and a Necklace of Adaptation to ignore the Pyrotechnics cloud. If using Festering Anger you won't even need anything but a single standing melee swing, no power attack or charging or anything.

All of this can be accomplished without any homebrew or epic spellcasting, probably even by level 20 with gestalt.

faceroll
2011-02-12, 09:32 PM
A stp erudite is pretty much schroedinger's character, because with access to 8th level spells, 9th level powers, and the ability to use psychic reformation and/or the chaos shuffle, he can repick his feats, skills, spells, and powers. By using scribe scroll/craft power stone, he can expand his repertoire as much as he can afford the GP/xp cost.

2) Is the caster within 30 ft? (I guess not, but if so, he provokes even with quickened or swift spells).

1. Can't think of any off the top of my head. However, there's a 5th level cleric spell from complete champion that lets you count an attack roll as a natural 20. It has a duration, so you could use lesser wish or reality revision to stack a number of them on yourself prior to combat.

2. Timeless Body makes you immune to all attacks. Chained Synchronicity wouldn't work with it, unfortunately, nor would the Cleric spell listed above. Could use to get close enough to use a disjunction on you.

3. A tricky proposition. With everyone having foresight up, it would be difficult to "win initiative". However, without you having anyway to detect the caster, what would you do with your turn?

That would work, unless Third Eye Conceal blocks it. Where can I find this spell?

It's a clairsentience power; third eye conceal blocks it. In that case, caster just uses metafaculty to divine your location. Or destroyed it before you escaped with a disjunction. Caster can continuously use metafaculty to find you until you change your thousand faces ability. He can avoid the backlash by using metaconcert so doesn't have to make a save (or just has immunity to those effects with mindblank or just ignores them with the lowly protection from evil). He can avoid xp costs by any number of tricks, though supernatural transformation from savage species is the best. It would turn all his powers into supernatural abilities.

The leShay has constant See Invisibility, Blindisight 45 ft , Blindsense 90 ft (all Ex) and True Seeing 1/day. If all else fails, she has access to Telepathy 100 ft + Mindsight. Let's say she isn't interested in hiding for now.

I'm curious as to whether blindsight can detect incorporeal creatures. Regardless, an ethereal (thwarts blindsense&sight), superior invisible (only detectable with true seeing, which you won't have up all day) creature can easily get very close to you without you detecting it.

Also, since you're arguing that a trinket lets you hide from mindsight, then the erudite can have the same trinket. Touchsight (psychometabolism power) can have a range of above 100feet. Lifesense lets a creature without a con score see your life energy as a light. And of course, the erudite could always pick up mindsight but with a much larger telepathy range (by using shapechange, for instance).

...And would also be immune to Ability Damage and Stunning, right? What about Quivering Palm?

It gets construct immunities, pretty much. It's in ECS, if you want to look it up. One of my favorite PRCs.

Force
2011-02-12, 09:39 PM
The Wish and The Word (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/The_Wish_and_the_Word_%283.5e_Optimized_Character_ Build%29), to start with. Not got 99HD? Die.

Also, The Mailman (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19868534/The_Mailman:_A_Direct_Damage_Sorcerer), using the Piranha Death Trap or Twinned Maximized Empowered Doom Scarabs.

Fox Box Socks
2011-02-12, 09:44 PM
The Word doesn't really work as advertised. Holy Word abuse is possible, but that's not the way to do it.

mootoall
2011-02-12, 09:44 PM
I'd like to see one of the Emerald Legion thrown at this. That'd be interesting.

JeminiZero
2011-02-12, 09:53 PM
I'd like to see one of the Emerald Legion thrown at this. That'd be interesting.

You rang?

Strictly speaking, an Emerald Legionnaire (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5689601&postcount=80) technically doesn't qualify for this challenge since it uses Half-Clay-Golem which is LA: -, and hence cannot be used in a PC build.

faceroll
2011-02-12, 10:00 PM
The Word doesn't really work as advertised. Holy Word abuse is possible, but that's not the way to do it.

With only 30 HD, I feel reasonably confident a level 20 caster could get the +20 to CL to do it.

Fox Box Socks
2011-02-12, 10:05 PM
True, and Sublime Chord + Ur Priest may well be the way to get you there, but since orange Ioun stones don't actually stack, I have a hard time seeing anyone crack triple digits.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-02-12, 10:10 PM
A dragonblooded Cleric 21 with Heighten Spell, Earth Sense, Earth Spell, DMM: Heighten Spell, Widen Spell, Practical Metamagic: Widen, and Improved Heighten Spell, wearing sandals made of stone slabs (always standing on stone), with all his WBL spent on Night Sticks. Widened Holy Word (9th slot), DMM: Heightened for 26 turn attempts for +25 spell levels. Earth Spell makes it +25 caster level and +1 more spell level. That's an 80 ft. radius Holy Word, spell level 35, caster level 46. Anything 36 HD or lower that's not good aligned within 80 feet of him is automatically killed. He doesn't even need to roll to beat SR 46.

Jack_Simth
2011-02-12, 10:11 PM

Doesn't matter. He's using an infinite-action combo. Combine with a infinite-power point combo and it's just a matter of waiting for 1's or 20's.

However, Swarm of Crystals fits the bill, if it's a little close range. But Widen Power can fix that.

Nope.

Simplest way is Foresight + Celerity or it's Greater counterpart.

HeadlessMermaid
2011-02-12, 10:21 PM
First of all, everyone.
I'm not saying "whoah, I broke the game, glory to me!"
I'm saying "ya know, I made a character I can't defeat myself, but you folks (who know about high level casters and psions) probably do know. Can you teach me?"
Are we good?
Good. :smallsmile:

Now, first for faceroll's suggestions.

First of all, Elusive Target doesn't work if you haven't acted yet. You cannot select your Dodge target until your turn in the initiative, so if an opponent gets to act before you then you can't negate power attack bonuses.
Good point, hadn't thought of that. However, Combat Reflexes allows AoO even when flat-footed, so if someone needed to approach within 25 ft in order to attack, he would provoke. (Heroic Fighter's Ability allows AoOs for any kind of movement, I'm assuming this includes tumbling and 5 ft-steps.) Correct?

1. Act first and get multiple actions, a spell-to-power Erudite who's Shapechanged into a Dire Tortoise gets a surprise round even if he's not actually surprised. Foresight does nothing because he's not surprised, it gets a surprise round anyway because it's so fast. Elusive Target does nothing for him.
So far, so good. (The Erudite spends his time in the shape of a Giant Turtle, then. Cool. :smallcool:) My only question is how to get multiple actions. All I know is Schism, but that starts working one round later, right? What else did you have in mind?

The Synchronicity trick gets around his immunity to time effects, you may have forgotten that Time Stop speeds up one character to the point that time only appears to stop relative to the caster
Unknown word! What's Synchronicity (and where is it)?
Also, I'm quoting the exact wording for the leShay weirdness about immunity to time manipulation, because frankly I'm not completely sure when it's supposed to work (though I'm pretty sure I understand Time Stop :smallsmile:) :
Enigma: LeShay existed before the current multiverse, but a great catastrophe decimated their race and made it so that their time never existed. The survivors are thus those with mysterious and powerful resistances to reality reshaping. At 23th level the LeShay becomes immune to Wish, Miracle (and spells/effects/items replicated with it) and any harmfull time manipulations. This includes (but isn't limited) to acting normally when others use Time Stop, Epic Spells with the Time Seed, and a Phane's Stasis Touch, Cronal Blast, and Time Leech.

2. Get a fire near him (Produce Flame or throw a torch within 20 feet) and cast Pyrotechnics: Smoke Cloud. His sight and spot checks are completely negated.

3. Have the feat Darkstalker with either a Hide or Move Silently check too high for his Listen check to detect. His Blindsight, Blindsense, and all other senses have been completely negated with regards to the attacker. He cannot make AoOs against a target he cannot see, core rule of AoOs.
Excellent point.

4. Any arbitrarily high attack bonus ability ahead of time will work, be it Festering Anger plus the Pestilence domain, or Blood in the Water tricks, etc.
Ooo, another unknown word! I don't know Festering Anger at all. I know the Pestilence domain, but I don't understand how it can help here. And Blood in the Water, you mean the Tiger Claw stance? Wouldn't you need to start hitting a few times, and deal multiple attacks per round, for the bonuses to start accruing? (Also, I'm not sure about this, but when it says "when you score a critical hit", do you need to hit and confirm AND deal damage? Does crit immunity block it?)

Alternatively use Initate of Mystra with Antimagic Field to negate a majority of his AC bonuses, Deflection is always supernatural or spell-like and I'm not sure where the 80 misc comes from but some clarification would help.
Sure. :) It's on the sheet, but here:
AC break-down (True Genius capstone ability allows you to use your highest ability modifier for any purpose, and it's the main source of cheese in this build):
10 + 37 dex + 43 (wis +6, from heroic monk, applies when flat-footed etc), + 37 (insight, cha, leShay) + 18 natural (half-con, from half-golem) + 1 armor + 37 deflection (cha, from Otherwordly grace, homebrew feat for epic fey) = 183

Antimagic Field is a hassle. Nothing is magical (or Su), but losing the Epic Stat Booster +12 would reduce 6 multiple times from everything. AC would become 156 (touch 137, flat-footed 119).

5. Power Attack, Leap Attack, Valorous weapon, Rhino's Rush, Spirited Charge, two-handed Lance and kill it dead. True Strike negates miss chances. You should have Blindsight and a Necklace of Adaptation to ignore the Pyrotechnics cloud. If using Festering Anger you won't even need anything but a single standing melee swing, no power attack or charging or anything.
Yeah, I really need to know about Festering Anger. I do have blindsight, but it doesn't matter Vs Darkstalker. Necklace of Adaptation isn't needed, because a Heroic Monk doesn't need to breathe, but still it's no good. I guess my only question would be how to start a fire before pyrotechnics :smalltongue:. I mean, how do you break action economy in this case?

All of this can be accomplished without any homebrew or epic spellcasting, probably even by level 20 with gestalt.
Apparently. I'm just asking how.

Douglas
2011-02-12, 10:36 PM
Hmm. It's hard to be sure without examining that character sheet for longer than I care to, but I think Team Solars (see sig) could do it, provided Zamek Awd casts Body Outside Body several additional times. Really the only reason I didn't write him up as doing that anyway was to limit at least a little bit how much I was abusing the build, and going up against something like this I see no reason to keep that handicap.

So, take that party, increase the number of clones to around 40 or 50, and consider the whole mass of party + clones executing a War Master's Charge (which specifically does not provoke for movement, btw). Repeat every 3 rounds (on average) if necessary.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-02-12, 10:45 PM
You don't need to be in Dire Tortoise form the whole time, just when you first act. You can later gain additional actions and switch out of that form and your additional actions will still occur before the opponent acts.

Synchronicity is a Psionic power in Races of Destiny and Complete Psionic. The trick is to make an Affinity Field with 'you' replaced by your psicrysal, as though the psicrystal were the caster, then manifest a (quickened) Synchronicity and use Share Powers so the psicrystal also benefits from it. Since you're standing in the affinity field, you benefit from it twice, thus gaining two standard actions. One can be spent however you want, the other can be spent on another Synchronicity, again shared to the psicrystal, thus gaining two more standard actions for every one spent. All of these standard actions occur in the surprise round. If you have Metamind 10 you can turn on your infinite powerpoint ability and have infinite standard actions. Since it's during a surprise round you can use one of those standard actions to partial charge.

Festering Anger is a disease in the Book of Vile Darkness. Every day it gives you a cumulative +2 Strength, but you take I think Wis and Con damage. The Pestilence domain or the Cancer Mage prestige class also in BoVD prevents the ability damage, but you still get an arbitrarily high strength score.

Blood in the Water would be dependent on some sort of bag-of-rats trick and then teleporting in with the bonuses still in place. There are plenty of other tricks to get an arbitrarily high attack bonus, any of which can be used just prior to engaging your intended target.

Any 17th level character with Gate could call a Paragon Titan to use a CL 40 Word of Chaos, or Gate in a Paragon Hellfire Wyrm to use a CL 40 Blasphemy.

Edit: The Blindsight and Necklace of Adaptation are for the attacker, so when he charges into the smoke cloud he won't choke and he can still pinpoint his target.

HeadlessMermaid
2011-02-12, 10:48 PM
The Wish and The Word (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/The_Wish_and_the_Word_%283.5e_Optimized_Character_ Build%29), to start with. Not got 99HD? Die.
Nice. I won't even try to understand that build, but nice Here's a dumb question. Does Soulfire (immunity to death effects) protect you from Holy Word? I'm guessing no, but I though to ask. (Does "death effect" here simply mean "replicate a Death spell"?)

Also, The Mailman (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19868534/The_Mailman:_A_Direct_Damage_Sorcerer), using the Piranha Death Trap or Twinned Maximized Empowered Doom Scarabs.[/QUOTE]
Studying... (The leShay acts during Time Stop. The 2nd trick, I'll need to study some more...)

You rang?

Strictly speaking, an Emerald Legionnaire (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5689601&postcount=80) technically doesn't qualify for this challenge since it uses Half-Clay-Golem which is LA: -, and hence cannot be used in a PC build.
I'm pretty sure that the leShay can do nothing to that, except perhaps Charm it (affects immune to mind-affecting, with a penalty). Does Quivering Palm affect it?

Doesn't matter. He's using an infinite-action combo. Combine with a infinite-power point combo and it's just a matter of waiting for 1's or 20's.
Yeah, I understand that's child's play for you, but I don't know where to get infinite-action/infinite-power point combo. Are we talking literally about an infinite loop here? Help?
EDIT - I think Biffoniacus_Furiou just answered that. Thanks!

Douglas
2011-02-12, 10:52 PM
Nice. I won't even try to understand that build, but nice Here's a dumb question. Does Soulfire (immunity to death effects) protect you from Holy Word? I'm guessing no, but I though to ask. (Does "death effect" here simply mean "replicate a Death spell"?)
"Death effect" is a precise game mechanical term, meaning a spell or ability either explicitly described as a "death effect" or with the [death] descriptor. For example, the Finger of Death (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fingerOfDeath.htm) spell is a death effect because it has the [death] descriptor.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-02-12, 10:55 PM
"Death Effect" refers to anything with the [Death] tag, examples (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fingerOfDeath.htm) follow (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/destruction.htm).... (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/wailOfTheBanshee.htm) Holy Word and its counterparts don't have a [Death] tag so they are unaffected by immunity to death effects.

candycorn
2011-02-12, 11:02 PM
So far, so good. (The Erudite spends his time in the shape of a Giant Turtle, then. Cool. :smallcool:) My only question is how to get multiple actions. All I know is Schism, but that starts working one round later, right? What else did you have in mind?

Unknown word! What's Synchronicity (and where is it)?

Synchronicity: Comp Psion. 1pp, name an action that can be readied. Whenever you bloody well please, take that action. Augment to 3pp? Whenever you bloody well please, take any action you can think of that can be readied.

Twinned Synchronicity: Do the above.... Twice.

Anticipatory Strike: 9pp. Immediate action: Take your next turn now. Skip your next turn.

Temporal Acceleration: Get free turns!

Schism: 2nd mind manifests!

The powers above can set up an infinite loop, ended only when you run out of PP.

Alternately: Shapechange into a Troll. Cast Energy immunity fire and acid. Limited Wish a Favor of the Martyr. Add on Veil of Death, Superior Invisibility, spell turning, and spell resistance. Gestalt the other side psion. Get a ring of spell-battle.

You're now immune to most anything (including damage, ability damage/drain, death effects, stunning, most likely disjunction, and targeted dispels, and have as many actions as you want until your immense power point pool runs out.

Alternately: Gate in a Solar. Service: provide me with 2 pounds of hair grown by you. (easy enough with prestidigitation).

Simulacrum it. Have it wish to simulacrum another. repeat until you have 10,000 Solar-simulacrums, with 20th level cleric casting, and spell like abilities.

There are more ways. These are just the easy two that I can think of.

HeadlessMermaid
2011-02-12, 11:23 PM
There are more ways. These are just the easy two that I can think of.
Thanks, and thanks everyone above, you've made a lot of things clearer.

Of course, with every answer I have more questions. :smalltongue: For example, how does someone get immunity to Disjunction? I don't think any of these spells (Favor of the Martyr,Veil of Undeath, Superior Invisibility, Spell turning, and spell resistance) does it, but I could be wrong.

Fox Box Socks
2011-02-12, 11:30 PM
how does someone get immunity to Disjunction?
You don't.

EDIT: At least, not any way I can think of beyond blanket "Immune to Magic" abilities granted to some of the naster 60+HD golems in the Epic Handbook.

JeminiZero
2011-02-12, 11:31 PM
I'm pretty sure that the leShay can do nothing to that, except perhaps Charm it (affects immune to mind-affecting, with a penalty).

The moment you actually Charm it, it alerts its Mindflayer masters who proceed to dominate it and atack the LeShay regardless of Charm.

Does Quivering Palm affect it?

Yes. But thats mainly because the description of Quivering Palm in the homebrew monk you are using does not provide any possible protection. Whereas standard monk quivering palm can be hedged out by critical immunity. In fact, the wording is sufficiently vague, so much so that it can be argued to affect constructs and even incoporeal undead.

faceroll
2011-02-13, 02:30 AM
Spellguarding, an enhancement from PGtF, may protect you from Disjunction. Not 100% on that, though.