PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] wounding build

kayden87
2011-02-13, 12:32 AM
Is there a build you can make that focuses on wounding damage? Maybe even both types of wounding?
I know vicious wound is good from savage S book. +1 wound dmg.

kayden87
2011-02-13, 03:19 AM
+ Arterial Strike

Rainbownaga
2011-02-13, 07:39 AM
I'm guessing you want to add as many (reasonably accurate) attacks as you can so it's probably going to involve dual weilding and pouncing.

Note that this concept quickly stops being fun when the undead and constructs come out to play. But that's true of rogues any way.

Draz74
2011-02-13, 12:28 PM
Psionic Feat: Wounding Attack. Expend psionic focus to add one Constitution damage to your attack. Only prerequisite is BAB +8.

How many Sneak Attack dice does Arterial Strike require? Because I'm thinking of a build with the following:

Swordsage, focused on Tiger Claw to make TWF not suck. Probably Blood in the Water dual-kukris style.
Dips in Rogue (or Psychic Rogue), Assassin, Spellthief, etc., just to get enough Sneak Attack for Arterial Strike. Because 2d6 sneak attack from Assassin's Stance probably isn't enough. Plead for your DM to allow fractional BAB.
War Mind through the mid levels. Pick up Hustle and Psionic Meditation so you can regain your psionic focus every turn as a swift action for 3 PP.
As long as you have Hustle, you might as well get Linked Power and Metapower (Linked Hustle) so you can buff yourself in combat without needing to spend standard actions on it. Unfortunately you can't do this and use Wounding Attack at the same time.
Wounding Attack.
Bonesplitting Strike (Stone Dragon strike) is another easy way to deal Constitution damage, and probably the ideal option when you can't get a full attack. If you manage to only lose 3 Initiator Levels somehow (Swordsage 4 / Psychic Rogue 1 / War Mind 5 / Swordsage 10), you can also pick up Mountain Tombstone Strike at L20.
For all your leftover manevuer-based resources, you can go into Diamond Mind, because psionics and Diamond Mind and Concentration have such great synergy.
Buy Wounding Kukris when you can afford them. Duh.

Sinfonian
2011-02-13, 12:55 PM
Arterial Strike only requites having the Sneak attack ability, and giving up 1 die to use it (Complete Warrior).

Looking for clarification from the OP: Are you looking more for things like Arterial Strike where you're giving your targets bleeding wounds (like Arterial Strike)? Or things that do Con damage on a hit (like the Wounding weapon property)? Or both?

If you're going for Con damage, and can manage to get 5 Sneak Attack dice, you can go for Disemboweling Strike from Complete Scoundrel.

SurlySeraph
2011-02-13, 01:51 PM
Don't forget the Marrowcrushing enhancement (BoVD) for another point of Con damage.

I've actually got a build that's somewhat oriented towards this.
LN Kalashtar.
Stats: Str 16, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 8.
1 Psychic Warrior, Combat Expertise
2 Cloistered Cleric, Education, Knowledge Devotion, Law Devotion, Weapon Focus (War domain)
3 Warblade, Improved Trip
4 Warblade
5 Warblade
6 Warblade, Psionic Meditation
7 Warblade, Combat Reflexes (bonus)
8 Warblade, take Bonesplitting Strike b/c have IL 7 now
9 Kensai, Wounding Attack

Equipment to get: +1 Wounding Marrowcrushing glaive, Dorje of Hustle, Mithral Mechanus Gear.

Tactics: Start battle by activating Knowledge Devotion and Law Devotion, entering stance, and charging. If hit with Wounding Marrowcrushing weapon and use Wounding Attack, 3 Con damage. Then next round, use Dorje of Hustle for Power Surge, move action for Psionic Meditation, hit with Bonesplitting Strike and use Wounding Attack, total 5 Con damage this round. Then can either spend next round on full attack of trip attempts, or use a different strike and Psionic Meditation. Keep full attacking until Power Surge wears off (using full attack strikes if possible), then spend move action to recover psi focus, swift to recover maneuvers, standard to attack, then use next round for the Con-damage combo.

gomipile
2011-02-13, 03:40 PM
I'm guessing you want to add as many (reasonably accurate) attacks as you can so it's probably going to involve dual weilding and pouncing.

Note that this concept quickly stops being fun when the undead and constructs come out to play. But that's true of rogues any way.

Well, does the Penetrating Strike ACF work with Arterial Strike? I think it works by RAW, it obviously does not work by fluff, and I'm not sure about RAI.