PDA

View Full Version : [3.5e] Infiltrator [PEACH]

imapacifist
2011-02-13, 05:50 AM
Ok guys. I need some input. I've been wanting to roll up a new character to have as a back up (just in case, not to mention its just fun making characters in general). I really want to try a stealthy assassin rogue type and I know this has been done before but nothing I've seen quite matches the direction I'm trying to go. I'm looking for something simple and geared towards combat and gathering intel in enemy territory using stealth, mobility, and surprise. What I'm envisioning is a primarily a Rogue with some Assassin and Shadowdancer mixed in.

Here's a general run down of how I would hope to use him.

- Sneak into secured area. Primarily using stealth but want to leave room for disguises, forged papers, social engineering etc.

- Eliminate security measures like traps, locks, dogs, and guards. Helping to clear path and scouting ahead for the rest of the group and making it easier for them to gain entry to guarded areas if need be. Not likely to engage more than one or two guards at most and only if he can take them out fast and without alerting more.

- Acquiring sensitive intelligence, assassinating people of interest, or acquiring items (PHAT LEWTS!!!). Perhaps stalking or spying on people to gather information like what times guards are changed, weak points in security, overhearing secrets, deciphering coded messages/letters, location of treasure etc.

- Make a quiet or fast getaway once goals have been achieved or to avoid detection. May need to use social or escape skills if caught.

- In group combat he would be an opportunist (ie when the cards are in his favor). Flanking, attacking quickly from shadows or while invisible, being mobile with his teleport and spring attack abilities, hiding in between when able.

And with that, here goes nothin'...

Infiltrator

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs9/i/2006/012/2/7/Born_of_Shadows_by_zazB.jpg

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort save|Ref save|Will save|Special
1st|+1|+0|+2|+0|Wetworks +1d6, Trapfinding, At Home in the Dark
2nd|+2|+0|+3|+0|Infiltrator Special Ability
3rd|+3|+1|+3|+1|Wetworks +2d6
4th|+4|+1|+4|+1|Infiltrator Special Ability
5th|+5|+1|+4|+1|Wetworks +3d6
6th|+6/+1|+2|+5|+2|Infiltrator Special Ability
7th|+7/+2|+2|+5|+2|Wetworks +4d6
8th|+8/+3|+2|+6|+2|Infiltrator Special Ability
9th|+9/+4|+3|+6|+3|Wetworks +5d6
10th|+10/+5|+3|+7|+3|Infiltrator Special Ability
11th|+11/+6/+1|+3|+7|+3|Wetworks +6d6
12th|+12/+7/+2|+4|+8|+4|Infiltrator Special Ability
13th|+13/+8/+3|+4|+8|+4|Wetworks +7d6
14th|+14/+9/+4|+4|+9|+4|Infiltrator Special Ability
15th|+15/+10/+5|+5|+9|+5|Wetworks +8d6
16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+5|+10|+5|Infiltrator Special Ability
17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+5|+10|+5|Wetworks +9d6
18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+6|+11|+6|Infiltrator Special Ability
19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+6|+11|+6|Wetworks +10d6
20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+6|+12|+6|Infiltrator Special Ability, Dark Master, Shrouded Mind[/table]

Alignment: Any

Hit Die: d8

Skill Points: 6 + Int modifier (×4 for first level)

Class Skills: Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), Use Rope (Dex)

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Infiltrators are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the hand crossbow, rapier, sap, shortbow, and short sword. Infiltrators are proficient with light armor, but not with shields.

Note: The Infiltrator is limited to a combined 2.5 uses per level (rounded down) for his spell-like abilities in a 24hr period. Except where noted, treat the spell-like abilities as if they were cast by a Wizard whose caster level equals that of the Infiltrator's class level.

Infiltrator Standard Abilities

Wetworks: This is exactly like the Rogue Sneak Attack ability and stacks with it.

Springing the Trap (aka 'That's What I Said... Booty Twaps!'): This is exactly like the Rogue ability Trapfinding.

At Home in the Dark (Su): An Infiltrator can see in the dark as though he were permanently under the effect of a Darkvision spell.

Dark Master: The Infiltrator has mastered the art of shadow manipulation. He may now use his own shadow when using the Infiltrator Special Abilities that require one (Lying in Wait, Ambush, Under Cover of Darkness).

Shrouded Mind (Sp): Gain the use of Mind Blank as a spell-like ability but, the Infiltrator may only apply the spell to himself.

Infiltrator Special Abilities:

Once on every even level the Infiltrator may choose to learn a new ability from the following list.

Lying in Wait (Su): An Infiltrator can use the Hide skill even while being observed. As long as he is within 10 feet of some sort of shadow, other than his own, an Infiltrator can hide himself from view in the open without anything to actually hide behind. He cannot, however, hide in his own shadow.

Ambush (Su): Gain the use of the Spring Attack feat but, the Infiltrator must start his movement from an area with at least some shadow other than his own.

Under Cover of Darkness (Sp): As a move action, an Infiltrator can travel between shadows as if by means of a Dimension Slide spell. The limitation is that the magical transport must begin and end within 10 feet of some sort of shadow.

Lurking Behind (Sp): (requires Infiltrator to have already acquired the base Under Cover of Darkness ability) When the Infiltrator uses the Under Cover of Darkness technique he can choose to leave behind a shadow clone of himself as a decoy in an attempt to distract or misdirect the enemy. The clone is an indistinguishable copy of the Infiltrator, just as the Silent Image spell. He is limited to one clone at a time. The clone is stationary but will initially move in place or pose according to the Infiltrator's choosing. However, the clone will react appropriately from outside stimuli such as trying to dodge a blow from a sword or acting in pain if attacked with a fire spell. Objects and people are able to pass through it. The illusion can be disbelieved just as the Silent Image spell. Otherwise, the clone will vanish after 3(???) rounds.

Prowl the Night (Sp): Gain the use of Greater Invisibility as a spell-like ability but, the Infiltrator may only apply the spell to himself and items he carries.

Nightfall (Sp): Gain the use of Deeper Darkness as a spell-like ability.

Intrusion (Sp): Gain the use of Phase Door as a spell-like ability. The door's use is limited to the Infiltrator and he can only have one open at a time.

Silent Footfalls (Sp): Gain the use of Silence as a spell-like ability. The area of the spell's effect is limited to a 10ft radius around the Infiltrator and follows with him.

Rather than learn a new special ability, the Infiltrator may choose to one of the following feats. Feat prerequisites are ignored except as noted.

Infiltrator Feats:
Uncanny Dodge (if the Infiltrator already has this feat he may choose Improved Uncanny Dodge)
Evasion (if the Infiltrator already has this feat he may choose Improved Evasion)
Improved Feint
Quicker than the Eye
Darkstalker
Craven
Weapon Finesse

So, that's all I've got now. I know it's pretty simple but I've only been playing (3.5e) a few months and I don't want get too crazy on my first try. Don't go easy on me, I really want to flesh this out but need help from people more experienced with all of the materials. Oh and I left out the text for the skills like Sneak Attack and spells that seemed pretty common knowledge just to keep things short.