PDA

View Full Version : Max Jump Height[3.0 vs. 3.5]?

Angry Bob
2011-02-14, 11:17 AM
Could someone point me at the rule in 3.5 that limits how high any given character can jump, regardless of their actual check? I've looked everywhere and can't find any such limit, and not having to take a feat would help me greatly.

It was in 3.0, given the existence of a feat in Savage Species that removes it, but I can't find anything in the PHB for 3.5.

Also, how, if it existed, would such a limit interact with Leaping Dragon Stance as written?

tl;dr: Max jump height: wtf?

term1nally s1ck
2011-02-14, 11:45 AM
I know of no maximum in 3.5.

ericgrau
2011-02-14, 11:47 AM
In 3.0 you couldn't jump farther than your speed while in 3.5 you may spend multiple rounds in the air. The limit was removed.

Aemoh87
2011-02-14, 11:48 AM
In 3.5 you can jump so high that you will die if you don't have a slow fall effect.

Greenish
2011-02-14, 12:00 PM
In 3.5 you can jump so high that you will die if you don't have a slow fall effect.Ignoring falling damage is only DC 100 Tumble check.

lesser_minion
2011-02-14, 12:06 PM
In 3.0 you couldn't jump farther than your speed while in 3.5 you may spend multiple rounds in the air. The limit was removed.

No, you're confusing it with 4e.

In 3.0 you had a fixed limit on how far you could jump, which depended on your height. The effect of speed was to change how far you end up jumping with a given check result, and jumping counted against movement normally (the same way it does in 3.5).

That's all the rules stipulated -- there weren't any rules for ending the round in mid-air, but that was because the designers simply didn't think of it.

In 3.5, there is no maximum jumping distance -- there's actually a thread somewhere which explains how you can jump and end up in the air for several minutes before landing.