PDA

View Full Version : Classed Saladforks?

Chilingsworth
2011-02-16, 11:41 AM
From a thread about a Unicorn PC:

You are the DM, you can give class levels to a salad fork if you want.

I didn't want to derail that thread, but figured this could use some elaboration. Anyone want to take a stab at this, or any other off-the-wall character races?

I'm guessing it would be an awakened animated object. Not sure what class(es) would be appropriate, though. Also, would a salad fork be fine or diminuative in size?

Volthawk
2011-02-16, 11:58 AM
Hmm, Psion. So it can go with the Psionic Sandwich.

Keld Denar
2011-02-16, 02:08 PM
One thing of note...the fork's natural attacks would count as silver WRT overcoming DR. It is SILVERWARE afterall...

Bah Dum CRASH!

nedz
2011-02-16, 02:58 PM
Shame its not a tuning fork, then you could make a bard :smallbiggrin:

Kyeudo
2011-02-16, 03:17 PM
From a thread about a Unicorn PC:

I didn't want to derail that thread, but figured this could use some elaboration. Anyone want to take a stab at this, or any other off-the-wall character races?

I'm guessing it would be an awakened animated object. Not sure what class(es) would be appropriate, though. Also, would a salad fork be fine or diminuative in size?

I made a door ninja once. Had a pretty nasty sneak attack and was utterly silent thanks to a magic item that only works on doors. Never used it though.

Cieyrin
2011-02-16, 03:34 PM
Shame its not a tuning fork, then you could make a bard :smallbiggrin:

You've never heard someone play Spoons before, have you? While a fork is not a spoon, it could be used in the same way.

TroubleBrewing
2011-02-16, 03:46 PM
Barbarian. It gets +10ft to it's base movement speed (which, as a fork, would be 0), it can rage out and stab people. Seems like a good fit to me.

Yora
2011-02-16, 03:51 PM
I think a permanent animate object spell would be a good beginning.
Or rather make it an animated fork, to protect it against dispel magic.

sreservoir
2011-02-16, 04:27 PM
I made a door ninja once. Had a pretty nasty sneak attack and was utterly silent thanks to a magic item that only works on doors. Never used it though.

hm, I wonder if it could be UMD'd to make yourself be perfectly silent.

Chilingsworth
2011-02-16, 04:31 PM
I think a permanent animate object spell would be a good beginning.
Or rather make it an animated fork, to protect it against dispel magic.

Yeah, I figured an awakened animated fork would be the "base creature."

Combat Reflexes
2011-02-16, 04:53 PM
The fork can't do wizardry and such (he lacks ALL components!) so he has to go with Rogue.

Person X eats salad, fork sneak attacks for (crappy fork damage +10d6!!)

Volthawk
2011-02-16, 04:56 PM
The fork can't do wizardry and such (he lacks ALL components!) so he has to go with Rogue.

Or, like I said, Psion. Powers don't have components :smallamused:

Lord_Gareth
2011-02-16, 04:57 PM

Are you kidding? Psion levels. Blow the guy up with your fork-mind.

Volthawk
2011-02-16, 04:58 PM
Hell, Psychic Warrior with Expansion. Now it's a person-sized fork!

Cieyrin
2011-02-16, 04:59 PM
Are you kidding? Psion levels. Blow the guy up with your fork-mind.

I feel like there should be a Matrix joke here but I can't find it...:smallfrown:

EDIT:
Hell, Psychic Warrior with Expansion. Now it's a person-sized fork!

That's a big fork, there, since Expansion caps at 2 size categories and I'd imagine a fork being Fine sized, so you could get up to like Tiny or cat-sized.

Now, I have Rejected going through my head, thanks. :smalltongue:

Keld Denar
2011-02-16, 05:26 PM
I feel like there should be a Matrix joke here but I can't find it...:smallfrown:

There is no spoon (only fork!)...?

There is no spork!

nedz
2011-02-16, 05:48 PM

He could do Sorcery alright. He would just need Eshew Materials. He is animated and so can do the moves. He'd have to have some way of talking though or his spell choice would be somewhat limited.:smallbiggrin:

Warlock is better though.
Person Y eats salad, and get blasted for 10d6 of dark energy.
Obvious Invokations:
Sickening blast and Summon Swarm both of which go well with Salad.
Fell Flight, Voidsense and Flee the Scene would be hilarious.

Tvtyrant
2011-02-16, 05:51 PM
I want a DFA Saladfork now... "The fork breathes fire on you for 1d6!" "But it can't breathe!" "It can now!" :smallamused:

Kallisti
2011-02-16, 05:54 PM
There's several various homebrew classes on these boards based on consuming your enemies.

You dine with fork, but in Soviet Eberron...

Siosilvar
2011-02-16, 05:55 PM
He could do Sorcery alright. He would just need Eshew Materials. He is animated and so can do the moves. He'd have to have some way of talking though or his spell choice would be somewhat limited.:smallbiggrin:

Arguably (aka by strict RAW and not common sense), a Silent Ventriloquism would allow the fork to "speak in any language [it] know[s]" without the prerequisite of being able to speak beforehand. The line before mentions making "your voice (or any sound that you can normally make vocally) seem to issue from someplace else", but that's no obstacle for the forkcerer!

Chilingsworth
2011-02-16, 05:58 PM
IIRC, the awaken construct spell gives the construct the ability to speak. Do I remember incorrectly?

Zaydos
2011-02-16, 05:59 PM
It takes Naturalize Spell from Savage Species (assuming Awakened Animate Fork here). Actually do awakened construct have the ability to speak? Savage Species has Awaken Construct but no mention is made of it granting speech.

If it doesn't, Psion Fork.

Chilingsworth
2011-02-16, 06:04 PM
It takes Naturalize Spell from Savage Species (assuming Awakened Animate Fork here). Actually do awakened construct have the ability to speak? Savage Species has Awaken Construct but no mention is made of it granting speech.

If it doesn't, Psion Fork.

The Spell Compendium version doesn't mention speach, either. Also, the mental stats are all a flat 3d6.

Tiki Snakes
2011-02-16, 06:06 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/1ou87c.jpg

Not Sure what else can be said, really. :smallsmile:

Chilingsworth
2011-02-16, 06:18 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/1ou87c.jpg

Not Sure what else can be said, really. :smallsmile:

Did you make this? Wheather or not you did, you might want to add it to the De-Motivators thread (maybe include a link to this thread in your post?)

Squally!
2011-02-17, 08:50 PM
The animated rogue fork of doom shall be making an appearance in my current campaign now. Innocent looking set of silverware in the dragons loot? bwahaha!

Chilingsworth
2011-02-17, 11:47 PM
The animated rogue fork of doom shall be making an appearance in my current campaign now. Innocent looking set of silverware in the dragons loot? bwahaha!

Oh Noes! (plese let us know how many PC's you maim with this!:smallsmile:)

Thurbane
2011-02-18, 05:37 AM
I think Souleater would be an interesting class for an animated salad fork.

FelixG
2011-02-18, 06:19 AM

The Rogue Fork vs the horde of commoner slaying awakened cats, the final battle is set to begin...

Gullintanni
2011-02-18, 07:59 AM
I actually like the idea of a tuning fork. Perform (Self) ftw :smalltongue:

Prime32
2011-02-18, 09:07 AM
I have done this. (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10411)

TheCountAlucard
2011-02-18, 09:19 AM
Perform (Self) ftwY'know, that sounds like some pretty awful innuendo. :smalltongue: Then again, I said the exact same thing about Aladdin's line, "I shoulda freed the Genie when I had the chance!"

Combat Reflexes
2011-02-18, 09:30 AM
Perform (Self) ftw :smalltongue:

:smallcool:

Not to mention Craft (E-note).

Gullintanni
2011-02-18, 12:21 PM
Y'know, that sounds like some pretty awful innuendo. :smalltongue:

Shhh...don't tell anyone :smallwink: