PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here into Acoustic Soft rock?

Moogleking
2011-02-16, 02:05 PM
A friend of mine is trying to spread his work a little, and has started uploading tracks to the internets! If anyone fancies giving a listen I figured I'd post a few tracks for him (http://danieldobbs.bandcamp.com/track/next-time-playing-around) :smallsmile:

Any opinions, Playground?

The J Pizzel
2011-02-16, 03:01 PM
Enjoyed the lyrics and the guitar work.

Didn't like the drums or the sound of his voice.

The rhythm of the guitar work and the lyrics had elements of funk in it, but the drums had kind of a square back beat. I felt it clashed a little bit. (I'm a drummer). The drums were solid, I just think a different goove might compliment the guitar better. Maybe a sixtength note groove on the hi-hats or something. Also, the section where he goes to the straight quarter notes around the 1:12 mark doens't sound right. Kinda abruptly changes the feel of the song.

The sax and guitar solos weren't bad, but there were definitely some timing issues. The drums also seem to get a bit weaker in the solos as well

His voice sounds kind of high pitched and nasal-ly. Almost childish. Maybe some bass added to his voice in the mix could fix that.

Other than that, not a bad original tune. I enjoyed the lyrics and the general feel of the song, I just think some of the backline groove doesn't mesh well.