PDA

View Full Version : Draw your Friends IV, The Prequel! - Wishlist now open

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-16, 08:06 PM
Draw your Friends IV - Already Running

Welcome to the fourth iteration of the Draw your Friends game/competition, the game/competition were you draw for a friend.

I'm one of your hosts, araveugnitsuga, you may call me Pink-Haired August.
Our other host, and founder of this game/competition is none other than The Grandmaster of Friendly Administration, Fin.

Info
The Guidelines

The game starts when we reach the 20 volunteers.
You may join by posting your desire to do so in the current thread.
If you participated in the last iteration you must repost in the running thread, posting on a thread that has undergone will not count.
You will be assigned a fellow volunteer to draw for through a PM by your respective host.
You have 7 days to draw it.
You may draw in any style you wish.
The idea is to draw something related to your assigned playgrounder.
Any format is welcomed, from avatar to a giant watercolor image.
When you are finished you PM it to your assigned host.
Don't post the image here.

Extensions are permissible if you PM a host asking for it and a reasonable extended time-frame.

Themes

As of the last polling, themes are going to be a part of DYF
This round however is not going to have themes.
If you wish to cast your opinion on the topic and didn't do so on the last topic, do so now with either Yay Themes! or Boo Themes!
The current count is 4 against 3

The Workings

There are two phases.
On the "First Phase" you are assigned a fellow volunteer to be draw.
The second phase is entirely optional.
On the "Second Phase" a host reveals all the images.
You may guess on who draw it and by whom it was drawn.
After two days such information will be revealed.

The Wishlist

You can only enter The Wishlist if you didn't participate in the previous round and the contest already has started.
If you enter the Wishlist you are automatically included on the next round.

Listings
Volunteers - [20/20]

Fin
GrlumpTheElder
KerfuffleMach2
Herpestidae
Yldenfrei
araveugnitsuga
Irbis
smuchmuch
Terry576
Gimliggamer
Mr_Saturn
Felyndiira
Teutonic Knight
Dogmantra
Zefir
Akrim.elf
VeisuItaTyhjyys
Ninjaman
licoot
xelliea

Wishlist

Szilard
ShadowySilence
billtodamax

Previous Threads:

The Thread were the Idea was born (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76847)
Draw your Friends! I (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182167)
Draw your Friends! II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183802)
Draw your Friends! III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185521)

Irbis
2011-02-16, 08:09 PM
Firtsts!!!1!one!1!eleven!! :smallyuk:

Though, given my record, maybe I shouldn't.

Someone said something about adding existing players to wishlist? :smalltongue:

Also, your last link is broken.

smuchmuch
2011-02-16, 08:15 PM
In. I really have nothing more to say on the matter.

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-16, 08:50 PM
Firtsts!!!1!one!1!eleven!! :smallyuk:

Though, given my record, maybe I shouldn't.

Someone said something about adding existing players to wishlist? :smalltongue:

Also, your last link is broken.

Adding existing players to the wishlist would make this thread a very empty place, and would ruin the fun of seeing who arrives first.

Also, fixed it.

Terry576
2011-02-16, 09:23 PM
I'm in again.

Finally fixed Inkscape too. Just need to detatch myself from MSPA...

CA: its hard
CA: using forums and making avvatars
CA: its hard and nobody understands

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-16, 09:52 PM
I'm in again.

Finally fixed Inkscape too. Just need to detatch myself from MSPA...

CA: its hard
CA: using forums and making avvatars
CA: its hard and nobody understands

Mystery Shopping Association or MS Paint Adventures?

Gimliggamer
2011-02-16, 10:16 PM
I'm in again as well.

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-16, 10:33 PM
Yay! New thread!

I guess it's only right to make it first come first served, unless you're on the wishlist. I'll be in for this one as well. :smallsmile:

Felyndiira
2011-02-16, 10:36 PM
This is one of the few events that is keeping me drawing even with my job suddenly becoming more stressful. I don't think I can stop joining at this moment despite participating in all three of the previous ones :).

So yeah, I'm in =3.

EDIT: My vote on themes is neutral, although I would like to ask that you keep the themes broad and open to creativity (preferably as ideas rather than objects or specific periods) should you decide to use them. For example, a theme like "bread" would be a lot more restrictive, while themes like "childhood" or "pain" are considerably more open and feels more as a guiding line rather than a restraint.

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-16, 11:21 PM
This is one of the few events that is keeping me drawing even with my job suddenly becoming more stressful. I don't think I can stop joining at this moment despite participating in all three of the previous ones :).

So yeah, I'm in =3.

That makes 3 of the 8 DYF regulars.

Teutonic Knight
2011-02-17, 12:12 AM
Another Regular joins the fray!

Dogmantra
2011-02-17, 12:12 AM
Do I count as a regular? Because I'm quite irregular ahahaha. I'd like to play. This is fun.

Also boo themes. Or at least boo obligatory themes.

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-17, 12:27 AM
Another Regular joins the fray!

Now half of them have returned.

Do I count as a regular? Because I'm quite irregular ahahaha. I'd like to play. This is fun.

Also boo themes. Or at least boo obligatory themes.

Not yet, regulars are the ones who have been with us since the first DYF. Whoever, eventually the requisites will change.
We also have a veteran, but that title is easy to guess whom it is.

Teutonic Knight
2011-02-17, 12:57 AM
We also have a veteran, but that title is easy to guess whom it is.

I thought it would be Fin but it is actually Szilard, because he was in the original. Right? (as in, is that who you were talking about araveugnitsuga?)

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-17, 01:00 AM
I thought it would be Fin but it is actually Szilard, because he was in the original. Right? (as in, is that who you were talking about araveugnitsuga?)

I think both could be considered veterans, but yes, he was the one I had in mind.

Elder Tsofu
2011-02-17, 01:07 AM
Wouldn't Fin be Grand Master of Friendly Administration or something?
(as he hasn't actually participated in any event yet outside administrative roles :smalltongue:)

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-17, 01:10 AM
(as he hasn't actually participated in any event yet outside administrative roles :smalltongue:)

That title is awesome enough to become part of the first post in Fin's description.

Fin
2011-02-17, 02:25 AM
Gah, sorry I haven't sorted this already guys got caught up in stupid real life. Anyway I am back now and will continue in my role as Grandmaster of Friendly Administration!

EDIT: In fact y'know what I'm in! I have never played one of these before and I feel I should know what my victims go through. So now you have two player/hosts to contend with mwahahahaha!

Zefir
2011-02-17, 02:55 AM
I would like to be in again, too.

Akrim.elf
2011-02-17, 05:45 AM
Dont Forget For Me!!!

Hello!!!

VeisuItaTyhjyys
2011-02-17, 06:09 AM
I'll give this a shot.

Trixie
2011-02-17, 07:29 AM

GMOFA? :smallconfused:

*urge to make up title with better acronym rising* :P

GrlumpTheElder
2011-02-17, 12:14 PM
Yay, I'm actually in this one :smallbiggrin:

Ninjaman
2011-02-17, 03:35 PM
Count me in.

licoot
2011-02-17, 03:46 PM
I'm in again

xelliea
2011-02-17, 05:27 PM
Count me in please.

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-17, 08:20 PM
And we now begin. As of now, volunteer posts are closed.

Szilard
2011-02-17, 08:34 PM
Put me up on the wishlist?

@V: Well, I can say I was in the original trilogy. Those are usually better anyway. :smallcool:

Teutonic Knight
2011-02-17, 11:17 PM
NOOOO! Szilard's streak is ruined. :smallfurious:

Ha. Demoted from Regular but keeps the title of Veteran. :smallbiggrin:

Fin
2011-02-18, 02:01 AM
Ok guys PMs will be out by close of play today so if you don't get one make sure you pester either myself or araveugnitsuga until you do!

EDIT: Also the deadline date is...

Friday, 25th of February 2011

Zefir
2011-02-18, 04:27 AM
Yeah to the PM I got two PM's which tell me to draw two different people maybe a mistake, but now I don't know who to draw. Maybe someone didn't get a Pm instead.

Irbis
2011-02-18, 08:10 AM
Changed avatar to another pirate (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/TJ5UgBUt2AI/AAAAAAAAA5g/8BmOPz-tUPw/C.png) to avoid repetition with previous DYF. All avatars, as always, are in the sig :smallwink:

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-18, 11:41 AM
Changed avatar to another pirate (https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/TJ5UgBUt2AI/AAAAAAAAA5g/8BmOPz-tUPw/C.png) to avoid repetition with previous DYF. All avatars, as always, are in the sig :smallwink:

Or alternatively, it could be something more akin to your name. Irbis is russian for snow leopard. That's what you get when you don't have a blatantly obvious name that dictates what all your avatars are going to look like... namely me. Haha.

billtodamax
2011-02-18, 04:01 PM
Or alternatively, it could be something more akin to your name. Irbis is russian for snow leopard. That's what you get when you don't have a blatantly obvious name that dictates what all your avatars are going to look like... namely me. Haha.

I dunno, there are other sources of inspiration (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_%28mythology%29) out there...

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-18, 04:39 PM
Yeah to the PM I got two PM's which tell me to draw two different people maybe a mistake, but now I don't know who to draw. Maybe someone didn't get a Pm instead.

Ignore the second one, it was my mistake.

Irbis
2011-02-18, 08:18 PM

Blatantly obvious :smallannoyed:

It's so obvious I've seen it spelt 20 different ways this week alone :smallmad:

That someone even bothered to look what it means and how it is spelled fills me with dread.

Anyway, anything snow themed, both snow leopards and snow catgirl pirates, is fine, heck, anything not snow-themed is fine, too :smalltongue:

GrlumpTheElder
2011-02-18, 08:58 PM
For reference, my usual avatars are:

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/Nobody/GtheE.png or http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w192/pomchop/GTE.png

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-19, 06:13 AM
I've recieved a request for a one day extension of the deadline.
As such, the dealine now is.

February the 26th, 2011

smuchmuch
2011-02-19, 09:46 AM
changed avatar for the last day of GB week. (and will probably rechange a bit after)

Old one, for reference: http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/fakerayne-dragon.png

Akrim.elf
2011-02-19, 11:53 AM
changed avatar for the last day of GB week. (and will probably rechange a bit after)

Old one, for reference: http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/fakerayne-dragon.png

awww... nice memory.. but this version is better that original

Zefir
2011-02-19, 06:37 PM
Oh yeah here is my normal one.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Taric1.png

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-19, 06:53 PM
Blatantly obvious :smallannoyed:

It's so obvious I've seen it spelt 20 different ways this week alone :smallmad:

That someone even bothered to look what it means and how it is spelled fills me with dread.:

I was referring to myself as blatantly obvious. Am I missing something? :smallconfused:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-19, 06:59 PM
I was referring to myself as blatantly obvious. Am I missing something? :smallconfused:

I always though of you more as roadster.

Irbis
2011-02-19, 09:39 PM

Yes, you're missing certain recent exchange in Mafia. Sorry for the confusion.

I wish my name was bloody obvious :smallannoyed:

ShadowySilence
2011-02-19, 10:47 PM
May I be put on the wishlist please? :smallbiggrin:

xelliea
2011-02-20, 11:26 AM
Check my sig for other avatars. :smallsmile:

Dogmantra
2011-02-21, 01:38 PM
Gahhh got a person I don't immediately assosciate with something that I can do a really lazy five minute drawing of (you know I love you guys really :smalltongue:) have to actually think. :smalleek:

Ninjaman
2011-02-21, 01:56 PM
Gahhh got a person I don't immediately assosciate with something that I can do a really lazy five minute drawing of (you know I love you guys really :smalltongue:) have to actually think. :smalleek:

HA!:smallbiggrin:

Herpestidae
2011-02-21, 01:57 PM
I now have my standard avatar.

Terry576
2011-02-21, 02:43 PM
Bleh time to get started.

I HAVE NO IDEAS FOR MY PERSON.

EDIT: Finished. Total time: 53 minutes. Took a lot less time than I thought it would. :smallredface:

ShadowySilence
2011-02-21, 08:01 PM
Yahh, I'm on the wishlist! :smalltongue:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-22, 10:53 PM
Ok, changed my avatar to a different pose so it shouldn't make that big of a deal, but...

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee492/araveugnitsuga1/Ribonis_Avatars/RibonisAvatar.png

Normal Ribonis above.

GrlumpTheElder
2011-02-23, 08:52 AM
Well, I'm finished. Can't wait to see them all :smallsmile:

Herpestidae
2011-02-24, 05:08 PM
Hey, would ya mind giving me an extension? I have a project to finish for tomorrow.

Terry576
2011-02-24, 08:37 PM
New, most likely permanent avatar for me. Here was my old one for in case my avatarist needed it:

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab324/Terry576/OoTS/Simon.png

KerfuffleMach2
2011-02-24, 08:50 PM
Just posting so whoever has me has an idea what my avatars usually involve.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g162/KerfuffleMach2/AudreyII.png

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g162/KerfuffleMach2/AudreyPool.png

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g162/KerfuffleMach2/a2v-1.png

Also, finished. Hooray!

Zefir
2011-02-25, 02:12 AM
I hate my work... not the painting my normal work steals my whole time but it is friday, well where i live. Hope I can do it today.

Akrim.elf
2011-02-25, 05:01 AM
dont panic, guys...
last day is tomorow, 26.2.2011....

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-26, 12:48 AM
I'm missing 5 persons from my half.
Tomorrow is the deadline.

Please, you can probably cheat with photobucket by handing it in early and then deleting it and uploading another thing with the same name and asking everyone to clear cache.

Hand it in early, do it for your host.

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-26, 01:09 AM
I finished a while ago, held it til now in case I wanted to make any changes. Naturally, I didn't.

And I uploaded with http://tinypic.com/, hopefully that avoids people looking at my profile to cheat. :smallfurious: :smalltongue:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-26, 02:02 AM
I finished a while ago, held it til now in case I wanted to make any changes. Naturally, I didn't.

And I uploaded with http://tinypic.com/, hopefully that avoids people looking at my profile to cheat. :smallfurious: :smalltongue:

I did the same, but that's probably because there is a surprise in store in this round.

And no, I'm not going to tell.

Elder Tsofu
2011-02-26, 02:27 AM
I did the same, but that's probably because there is a surprise in store in this round.

And no, I'm not going to tell.

I thought the reveal was always considered as the surprise. :smalltongue:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-26, 02:56 AM
I thought the reveal was always considered as the surprise. :smalltongue:

Fin knows about that one, and everyone expects it so it's not really a surprise surprise, more like a expected but wholly enjoyable surprise.

Teutonic Knight
2011-02-26, 03:00 AM
Yay! A surprise for my birthday! :smallbiggrin:

Zefir
2011-02-26, 03:34 AM
I'm half done with ym it will be ready until today. (It's saturdays by me I know.)

Irbis
2011-02-26, 04:24 AM
Almost done, too :smallsmile:

Fin
2011-02-26, 04:42 AM
Sorry guys but I am going to extend the deadline until Monday. I have a number of people still to submit, one of whom had the good grace to request an extension. So new deadline is gonna be the 28th of February. Thank you to those that got theirs done though it is appreciated.

Elder Tsofu
2011-02-26, 05:04 AM
This is looking more and more like the video-game industry - delays on the delays.
I suppose we should be glad it hasn't reached "It will be done when it is done" level yet. :smalltongue:

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-26, 05:39 AM
This is looking more and more like the video-game industry - delays on the delays.
I suppose we should be glad it hasn't reached "It will be done when it is done" level yet. :smalltongue:

I prefer the delays being announced because they were properly requested than just approaching the deadline with entries missing.

And I'd rather make consolation images for those who didn't get drawn instead of the delays getting delays.

Finally, everyone who has played KOTOR 2 will agree that delays can be a great thing.

Elder Tsofu
2011-02-26, 05:48 AM
Well, as long as it gets done after Christmas* its fine.

*Obscure joke few people have reason to know about.

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-26, 06:16 AM
Well, as long as it gets done after Christmas* its fine.

*Obscure joke few people have reason to know about.

If not, I'm sure someone will assemble team Kinrath to salvage what was lost and disband after a year for unknown to the public reasons.

Akrim.elf
2011-02-26, 06:27 AM
I see no reason for my move image address, since it is easily recognizable

and the name of "customer" is not there

but this time it really will be easy to guess ...

Felyndiira
2011-02-26, 07:03 AM
I prefer the delays being announced because they were properly requested than just approaching the deadline with entries missing.

Apologies :smallfrown:. My plan was to get it finished by today (since I assumed that the final submission date would be anytime today). Weekdays are not always very good times for me due to exhaustion from work.

I shouldn't need any more than one day, though.

Dogmantra
2011-02-26, 12:59 PM

The images will be revealed Soon™

Mr_Saturn
2011-02-26, 01:14 PM
Just wait, the next thread is going to be called "Draw your Friends Forever".

Oh wait, I think it's finally going to be made.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-02-26, 01:23 PM

You mean Blizzard's policiy?

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-26, 01:29 PM
Just wait, the next thread is going to be called "Draw your Friends Forever".

Oh wait, I think it's finally going to be made.

Do not hasten with the witty comments to the impending delays and furthermore doom of this competition because, It's going to be released!

The image is shiny, so shiny that when fully loaded it blocks 80% of your screen PERMANENTLY. It also features amazingly intelligent AI capable of drawing with crayolas on a mirror, and then scanning it, so you can see yourself on your screen with added doodles.

It assures you that someone is going to be made Juan Romero's wench.

Terry576
2011-02-26, 01:56 PM
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab324/Terry576/OoTS/DYFForever.png

hehehe.

Herpestidae
2011-02-26, 03:53 PM
I was almost done. So... Close...

And Inkscape crashed.

Erasing three hours of work.

No autosave.

Ninjaman
2011-02-26, 04:00 PM
I was almost done. So... Close...

And Inkscape crashed.

Erasing three hours of work.

No autosave.

Why didnīt you save on your way? i do.

Herpestidae
2011-02-26, 04:10 PM
Why didnīt you save on your way? i do.

I got too into my work, and I thought I had it set to autosave every 5 minutes.

Ninjaman
2011-02-26, 04:43 PM
I got too into my work, and I thought I had it set to autosave every 5 minutes.

That is just plain bad luck. On the bright side you often do it better 2nd time.

Zefir
2011-02-26, 07:09 PM
Herp there is a way to recover the data well not all but most just look:
c:/User/[UserName]/

Moste time you found them herethere name is the date Inkscape crashed.

Felyndiira
2011-02-26, 10:07 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3070/yayfinished.png
%let NUM_OF_UNFINISHED_PARTITIPANTS = %eval(&NUM_OF_UNFINISHED_PARTITIPANTS. - 1);

Now for all of the other tasks that I've been putting off.

Zefir
2011-02-27, 04:43 AM
You have a pad for drawing? awsome I can't find such things

GrlumpTheElder
2011-02-27, 07:48 AM
You have a pad for drawing? awsome I can't find such things

I have a pad...

A mouse pad on my laptop...

Zefir
2011-02-27, 11:16 AM
Well i don't thought of this, ofcours I don have one either. I meant a touch pad to draw with a pen on the pc.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-02-27, 07:12 PM
Well i don't thought of this, ofcours I don have one either. I meant a touch pad to draw with a pen on the pc.

Pen tablet? I gots one, too. Got it through my school.

I love it.

Zefir
2011-02-28, 03:47 AM
Grrrr.... I don't have one and the cost of one isn't worth it.

Herpestidae
2011-02-28, 10:36 AM
Almost done... Admittedly, it's a tiny bit random. I basically just googled the name and drew the first forum appropriate thing. I could find.

Dogmantra
2011-02-28, 01:15 PM
Almost done... Admittedly, it's a tiny bit random. I basically just googled the name and drew the first forum appropriate thing. I could find.

Don't worry, mine is entirely out of context and obviously I can't explain it because that would give away who drew it. Also it kinda sucks. :smallfrown:

Elder Tsofu
2011-02-28, 02:51 PM
Eh, don't worry - we all suck. Deep inside.

Akrim.elf
2011-02-28, 03:11 PM
all avatarist star have a today deep depresive mood???
great.. im not alone... :P

Fin
2011-02-28, 03:42 PM
Hmm..... :smallyuk:

I still need two submissions and as of yet have no update as to how many still need to be sent to araveugnistuga (so happy at how quick I can type that name now :smalltongue:) which indicates to me that there are still some outstanding for him.

C'mon people, mush!

licoot
2011-02-28, 04:00 PM
I can't wait for the results

Zefir
2011-02-28, 04:21 PM
I know it must be less than 5 cause last time he said 5 need to post and I was one of them makes 4 or less^^

licoot
2011-02-28, 04:24 PM
I know it must be less than 5 cause last time he said 5 need to post and I was one of them makes 4 or less^^

3 or less scince was 1

Herpestidae
2011-02-28, 04:25 PM
I sent in mine almost an hour ago.

licoot
2011-02-28, 04:47 PM
so 1 or 2 then

smuchmuch
2011-02-28, 05:07 PM
I sended mine the 25.

xelliea
2011-02-28, 05:23 PM
Mine has been sent a few days ago.

araveugnitsuga
2011-02-28, 07:10 PM
Hmm..... :smallyuk:

I still need two submissions and as of yet have no update as to how many still need to be sent to araveugnistuga (so happy at how quick I can type that name now :smalltongue:) which indicates to me that there are still some outstanding for him.

C'mon people, mush!

I'm still missing two.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-02-28, 07:54 PM
Grrrr.... I don't have one and the cost of one isn't worth it.

I've seen small, basic ones for around $60 US. They're not like the fancy big ones, sure, but they get the job done.

Terry576
2011-02-28, 10:18 PM
Man, every DYF I've entered has gone past it's deadline. It's kind of depressing.

It's like I'm some kind of curse man.

Szilard
2011-02-28, 11:28 PM
Nah, it's probably just that most prequels suck. :smalltongue:

Ninjaman
2011-03-01, 01:14 AM
Nah, it's probably just that most prequels suck. :smalltongue:

He He :smallbiggrin:

Fin
2011-03-01, 02:26 AM
Right PM's are going out to those we are still waiting on, the PM will basically be a 24 hour notice to get their submission in. That way they have fair chance to do it and we don't keep everyone else waiting too long, although I do appreciate you have all been waiting patiently long enough and I thank you for that.

If we don't have something by then we will do the reveal without them :smallfrown:

EDIT: :smallannoyed: One of the people yet to submit has a full inbox so I can't PM them! So all we can do is hope they notice the thread. I am just worried that they may think they have sent it and they haven't and so don't think it is them I am talking about :smallfrown:

Zefir
2011-03-01, 02:33 AM
I don't really mmind if it takes longer than thought. It's the normal way of Projects^^.
And as a fact noone will die of it right:smalltongue:? Right :smalleek:??

Ninjaman
2011-03-01, 09:28 AM
And as a fact noone will die of it right:smalltongue:? Right :smalleek:??

Lol:smallbiggrin:

KerfuffleMach2
2011-03-01, 07:43 PM
Man, every DYF I've entered has gone past it's deadline. It's kind of depressing.

It's like I'm some kind of curse man.

Haven't they all?

Szilard
2011-03-01, 07:59 PM
I think the first one everyone sent their avatars in on time.

Teutonic Knight
2011-03-02, 12:58 AM
We've expanded to encompass all sorts of artists, and there's a good chance that we've picked up some with busier schedules than they realized.

Fin
2011-03-02, 02:13 AM
Ok, we are just waiting on one more and we have been made aware of their situation. So in the interest of getting all the submissions in eventually, rather than most of them now it looks like we will just have to hold out a little longer.

Thanks again for your patience.

Mr_Saturn
2011-03-02, 10:38 AM
I call for mini-games that can be played for the people who finish early. Just something we can do instead of wait and complain. :smalltongue:

Zefir
2011-03-02, 10:41 AM
Hmm I programmed Paint bomber a while ago, well it isn't very good it is a one button game^^.

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-02, 12:07 PM
Suggestions for "mini-games":
Draw a banner for use in the first post.
Come up with a flashy title for Fin with an appropriate abbreviation.
Draw 3 smilies to use on the boards.
Run three laps around the building and see who finish first.
Come up with a rhyme including the words "Fin", "win" and "hippopotamus".
Draw an image of yourself/avatar patiently waiting for the results to be posted.

Herpestidae
2011-03-02, 12:31 PM
We're Waitin'... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chotMddRcV4)

Akrim.elf
2011-03-02, 02:09 PM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Akrim13/g8679.png

Ninjaman
2011-03-02, 02:34 PM
Suggestions for "mini-games":
Draw a banner for use in the first post.
Come up with a flashy title for Fin with an appropriate abbreviation.
Draw 3 smilies to use on the boards.
Run three laps around the building and see who finish first.
Come up with a rhyme including the words "Fin", "win" and "hippopotamus".
Draw an image of yourself/avatar patiently waiting for the results to be posted.

We're Waitin'... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chotMddRcV4)

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Akrim13/g8679.png

I am surrounded by epicness:smalleek: I must come up with something epic:belkar:

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-02, 02:52 PM
>.>
<.<
...for some reason I feel that there must have been an inflation, matching the German in the 1920's, for certain words.

Teutonic Knight
2011-03-03, 12:21 AM
>.>
<.<
...for some reason I feel that there must have been an inflation, matching the German in the 1920's, for certain words.

I don't get it.

Also: Fin wins by eating hippopotamus skins.

Szilard
2011-03-03, 12:40 AM
Germany went through hyperinflation in the 20s. The German Mark decreased in value by like a billion pecent, so much that people were using money to light fires. Hitler ended up curing that inflation and depression, be we all know how that ended.

Now back to your regularly scheduled avatars.

Teutonic Knight
2011-03-03, 02:04 AM
I understood that part ^ already, US history class currently starting Cold War, but what I meant was "what word did Tsofu think was inflated?" Just now I reread the posts and realized my EPIC mistake. :smallcool:

May I recommend this (http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/435)?

Fin
2011-03-03, 02:34 AM
Ok guys, we are still two short (I had thought it was one but it turns out I was wrong :smallfrown:) but here is the reveal thread anyway. We couldn't realistically wait any longer I am afraid. If the last entries come in I will add them into the list.

Image 1
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4462/dyfxellieacopy.png
Image 2
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab324/Terry576/OoTS/Akrimelf.png
Image 3
http://i51.tinypic.com/fknpfb.png
http://i53.tinypic.com/29blyxg.png
Image 4
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5421/smuchavvie.png
Image 5
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g162/KerfuffleMach2/Gimlig.png
Image 6
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/grlump01.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/grlump2.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/grlump3.png
Image 7
http://i51.tinypic.com/23wjv2e.png
Image 8
http://oi55.tinypic.com/199q55.jpg
Image 9
http://i51.tinypic.com/2gv3msx.png
Image 10
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Akrim13/g5646.png
Image 11
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/Athienel/catirbis.png?t=1298595378
Image 12
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g467/Ninjamanhammer/mrsaturn.png
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g467/Ninjamanhammer/mrsaturnlarge.png
Image 13
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/De_ressurect/yesh.png
Image 14
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5701/augustmirror.png
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5028/augustmirror2.png
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3753/augustsketch.gif
Image 15
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Drawafriend.png
Image 16
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/licoot/th_ninjaguy.png?t=1298926600
Image 17

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/TWzD0wAGeoI/AAAAAAAABGY/8NhidVoMxE8/KatS.pnghttp://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/TWzDrmJIVMI/AAAAAAAABGM/WNeg5z4zZwM/KatL.png
Image 18
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1025/hady.png
Image 19
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/Gimliggamer/Veisu.png
Image 20
TBA

I'm really sorry about the missing entries but please don't let that stop you guessing. The artists will be revealed at the weekend!

Akrim.elf
2011-03-03, 08:19 AM
1- ??? - Eldet Tsofu?
2- Akrim - Terry 576
3-Felyndiira- araveugnitsuga
4- ??? - maybe smuchsmuch or smuchsmuch by ???
5- ??? - ???
6-GrlumpTheElder - ?Fin?
7- ??? - ???
8- ??? - ???
9-licoot - ???
10- ??? - ???
11- ??? - ???
12-Mr_Saturn - ???
13-araveugnitsuga -Felyndiira
14- ??? - ???
15- ??? - ???
16-Ninjaman - ???
17- ??? - ???
18- ??? - ???
19- waiting...
20- waiting...

hm.. look weird... same question, not answer

Zefir
2011-03-03, 08:35 AM
Oh man this is hard I can't even see something related to my avatar, until now.

Herpestidae
2011-03-03, 08:39 AM
I don't particularly care whether or not anyone guesses which one I drew, but I'll spoiler out my question anyway:

I don't remember making it that big. Did someone resize it?:smallconfused:

GrlumpTheElder
2011-03-03, 09:59 AM
Thank you
smuchmuch
for my one

I LOVE IT - It's the most imaginative and well draw rendition of Grlump I have ever seen!

Oh yeah, predictions:

{table=head]Picture|Drawn To|Drawn by
Picture 1||
Picture 2|Akrim.elf|
Picture 3|Felyndiira|
Picture 4|smuchmuch|
Picture 5|Gimliggamer|KerfuffleMach2
Picture 6|Me|Smuchmuch
Picture 7||
Picture 8|lilcoot|
Picture 9|Dogmantra|
Picture 10||
Picture 11|Irbis|
Picture 12|Mr. Saturn|Ninjaman
Picture 13||Dogmantra
Picture 14|araveugnitsuga|Felyndiira
Picture 15||Zefir
Picture 16|ninjaman|lilcoot
Picture 17||
Picture 18||
Picture 19|No-one|Nobody
Picture 20|Nothing|Unknown[/table]

I want to say Domochevsky made number 9, but I don't think He's in the contest...

Fin
2011-03-03, 01:18 PM
I don't particularly care whether or not anyone guesses which one I drew, but I'll spoiler out my question anyway:

I don't remember making it that big. Did someone resize it?:smallconfused:

There has been no resizing or any other type of editing done to any of the submissions they are all directly copied from the url's provided in the PMs

xelliea
2011-03-03, 03:03 PM
This will be hard, hmm...

KerfuffleMach2
2011-03-03, 08:52 PM
1 - ??? - Mr_Saturn ?
2 - Akrim.elf - Terry 576
3 - Felyndiira - araveugnitsuga
4 - smuchmuch - ???
5 - ???- ???
6 - GrlumpTheElder - ???
7 - ??? - ???
8 - ??? - ???
9 - ??? - ???
10 - ??? - ???
11 - ??? - ???
12 - ??? - ???
13 - ??? - ???
14 - araveugnitsuga - Felyndiira
15 - KerfuffleMach2 - ???
16 - Ninjaman - ???
17 - ??? - ???
18 - ??? - ???

Wow...I'm terrible at guessing these.

Also, thanks to whoever did mine. Yay for obscure character!

His name's Kelnon, by the way. For those who don't know.

Felyndiira
2011-03-04, 12:07 AM
Image 1: ??? by Yldenfrei
Image 2: Arkim.Elf by Terry
Image 3: Me by Fin (wow, this is a rare pleasure, though I dunno if I want to remember those days =<)
Image 4: Smuchmuch by araveugnitsuga
Image 5: ??? by KerfuffleMach2
Image 6: GrlumpTheElder by Smuchmuch
Image 7: ??? by Mr. Saturn
Image 8: ??? by Xelliea
Image 9: Licoot by Irbis
Image 10: ??? by Arkim.Elf
Image 11: ??? by Teutonic Knight
Image 12: Mr. Saturn by Ninjaman
Image 13: ??? by Dogmantra
Image 14: araveugnitsuga by Veisu
Image 15: ??? by Zefir
Image 16: Ninjaman by Licoot
Image 17: ??? by Irbis
Image 18: ...?
Image 19: Szilard by Gimliggamer
Image 20: Empty Space by Candlejack

Fin
2011-03-04, 02:10 AM
Turns out I was right the first time when I thought I was only waiting for one, I have added the nineteenth image. Just so everyone is clear that one wasn't late, I had somehow missed it when I was going through them for the reveal thread.

Still waiting on one though.

Teutonic Knight
2011-03-04, 02:30 AM
@^Felyndiira

Darn my style's been noticed already. :smalltongue:

And I can't seem the find the one for me. What could it be?

Zefir
2011-03-04, 03:09 AM
I think the times of just redrawing are over.

I have one suggsetion which is for mine but, if I'm right I don't really get it.

Irbis
2011-03-04, 01:18 PM
And I can't seem the find the one for me. What could it be?

Yup, I can't spot one for me at this first glance either. I'll have to look more closely tomorrow.

And, again, no one guessed which one I draw or for who. I think it's time to give up :(

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-04, 01:31 PM
Hm, I'd guess at no. 4 and the obvious.

@V No. 3?

araveugnitsuga
2011-03-04, 02:07 PM
Yup, I can't spot one for me at this first glance either. I'll have to look more closely tomorrow.

And, again, no one guessed which one I draw or for who. I think it's time to give up :(

Hey! I used to guess yours right IIRC.

And no one has yet to guess which one I drew, I believe I haven't even been guessed as drawer yet.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-03-04, 10:12 PM

And no one has yet to guess which one I drew, I believe I haven't even been guessed as drawer yet.

I guessed you. Though, based on other people's guesses, I may be wrong.

Personally, I'm surprised that I've been guessed twice already. I mean, I don't do much avataring, so it's not like there's a lot to go by.

Felyndiira
2011-03-04, 10:38 PM

I know which one it's not =p. If Fin didn't make image #3 (me), I would actually be quite surprised.

My guess would be either image 4 or image 9. I can say with some minor confidence that one of the two is by you and one of them is by Irbis, although that depends entirely on my other guesses being correct.

Kinda strange, though, that it's actually somewhat easier to identify the artists than the subjects this time (to the point that even the subjects themselves can't identify this) =p.

smuchmuch
2011-03-04, 10:55 PM
Image 2 is Akrim elf by Terry.
(curved body. though image 7... could be Image 7 by terry and UImage by Kurfle)

Image 3 is Felyndiira. Might be by GrlumpTheElder.
The photoshoped painting remind me of one of his avatars.

Image 4 is me, and I'd say it might be by Fin
(Not sure. could be Irbis like fey said. If it's Pinky then the gradient are a newie.)

Oh and: "No I'm not !")

Image 6; GrlumpTheElder
(I can't help but feel that 'The ice cream thief still on the loose ' would be perfect for a silly samll ABR plot)

Image 9 is Dogmantra in faux Domoshevsky style. Here I'd be tempted to say it's from Pinky
(maybe if he was feeling facetious ? Or maybe it's from Fin.. Or could be anyone really. no real way to tell for sure.)

Picture 12. Not sure who that is, I think it's supposed to be a trophy from IA but I'm too lazy to check everyone sig tpo see who it might bemlo,ng too. the silhoute look something from Ninjaman

Image 17 is Elder Tsoffu, I think. From Irbis maybe ?.

Image 18 might be Fin, I don't know from who, though. I'mtempted to say 'That personn with an unpronouncable name, that isn't easy to nickname aither and I'm feeling too lazy to copypaste' because I never had any occasion to see somme of his/her art before.

Image 19 is Slizzard (I think). From Gilgihammer maybe ?

Image 10 is by Akrim Elf. image 16is ninjaman.
I already saw image 1 before, i'm pretty sure of that but I can' remeber well.

And that's about all I'm feeling like guessing.

Blarg.

@V Nope. I plead tiredness.

araveugnitsuga
2011-03-04, 11:48 PM
Was Tsofu even on this round?

Terry576
2011-03-05, 12:16 AM
I don't think I got an avatar this time.

I'm like doubly unlucky. :smallwink:

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-05, 01:48 AM
Was Tsofu even on this round?

Well, I am the 4th highest poster in the thread - right after Fin. :smalltongue:

Ninjaman
2011-03-05, 01:54 AM
I don't think I got an avatar this time.

I'm like doubly unlucky. :smallwink:

:smallfrown: letīs all take a moment of silence.

araveugnitsuga
2011-03-05, 02:06 AM
Well, I am the 4th highest poster in the thread - right after Fin. :smalltongue:

How did you get those numbers?

Ninjaman
2011-03-05, 02:09 AM
How did you get those numbers?

The replies at right side out in the thread selection.

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-05, 02:10 AM
Indeed, push the number of replies and it shows the posters and their number.

Teutonic Knight
2011-03-05, 03:28 AM
And by posting that ^ you have become third. :smallbiggrin:

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-05, 03:33 AM
Actually, I was shared 3'rd* before posting it - with that post I just plunged ahead of the "competition". :smalltongue:

But I'm not sure if this sort of talk is a punishable offence as it might give the wrong impression, to certain important people, about my posting - so I'll quietly end it here. :-P

*Fin, Ninjaman and me.

Ninjaman
2011-03-05, 03:56 AM
Actually, I was shared 3'rd* before posting it - with that post I just plunged ahead of the "competition". :smalltongue:

But I'm not sure if this sort of talk is a punishable offence as it might give the wrong impression, to certain important people, about my posting - so I'll quietly end it here. :-P

*Fin, Ninjaman and me.

donīt you dare running away from me. Donīt worry youīre still one ahead of me.

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-05, 05:09 AM
Certainly, we Swedish will always be at least one step ahead of the Danish. :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2011-03-05, 07:00 AM
That link is really useful in Werewolf games. Helps show who's being quiet and who's being vocal.

On another note, can I be in the next one?

Szilard
2011-03-05, 07:37 AM
Image 19[/B] is Slizzard (I think). From Gilgihammer maybe ?

First off, not in the round. :smalltongue:
Second off, you spelled it wrong.:smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-05, 07:53 AM
To be fair, he misspelled mine too - so I think it was on purpose if you weren't participating. :smalltongue:
*Goes of feeling slightly like a couch+*

+Tsoffu ~ Soffa = Couch (in Swedish)

Ninjaman
2011-03-05, 10:14 AM
Certainly, we Swedish will always be at least one step ahead of the Danish. :smalltongue:

you are dreaming. Okay you are 2 post ahead of me but otherwise you are dreaming.

GrlumpTheElder
2011-03-05, 02:14 PM
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/grlump2.png

This is now the background image on my phone! :smallbiggrin:

Ninjaman
2011-03-05, 02:56 PM
This is now the background image on my phone! :smallbiggrin:

Nice:smallbiggrin:

Ninjaman
2011-03-07, 09:53 AM
When will the reveals be revealed?

Trixie
2011-03-07, 09:58 AM
When the Monkey speaks human voice.

Which is classic quote from one of the most popular Polish comics, doubly appropriate in this thread for quite a few reasons :smalltongue:

Zefir
2011-03-07, 10:17 AM
I thought it will be when the fat lady sings.

Ninjaman
2011-03-07, 12:06 PM
When the Monkey speaks human voice.

Which is classic quote from one of the most popular Polish comics, doubly appropriate in this thread for quite a few reasons :smalltongue:

I thought it will be when the fat lady sings.

When pigs get wings.
On a week that also has 4 thoursdays.

Fin
2011-03-07, 04:27 PM
I was actually hoping to get that last submission in but it is looking increasingly unlikely. If I don't get the last one tonight I'll hopefully get the reveals done before work tomorrow

Ninjaman
2011-03-08, 01:11 AM
I was actually hoping to get that last submission in but it is looking increasingly unlikely. If I don't get the last one tonight I'll hopefully get the reveals done before work tomorrow

Okay. Oh fin just a tip: try making a rule that those who send in too late are banned from the next one. That way they will try to make it in time.

Teutonic Knight
2011-03-08, 04:35 AM
Sounds like decent idea. Give them a penalty for not finishing. Don't know if it interferes too much with our current "do whatever you want/laid-back/carefree" policy with no theme, no scoring for guessing, etc.

Zefir
2011-03-08, 04:47 AM
Oh Oh give the name and we poke him until he/she blew up^^

Ninjaman
2011-03-08, 09:24 AM
Oh Oh give the name and we poke him until he/she blew up^^

This:smallbiggrin:

KerfuffleMach2
2011-03-08, 08:17 PM
This:smallbiggrin:

Seconded. FEAR THE WHITE TEXT!

araveugnitsuga
2011-03-08, 08:25 PM
Sounds like decent idea. Give them a penalty for not finishing. Don't know if it interferes too much with our current "do whatever you want/laid-back/carefree" policy with no theme, no scoring for guessing, etc.

Okay. Oh fin just a tip: try making a rule that those who send in too late are banned from the next one. That way they will try to make it in time.

The problem is that those who hand it late have had justifications, normally because of hardware or software limitations and doing something akin a punishment would be kinda harsh.

However, something will be done in regards to deadline pushing and unannounced exceptions as this round it really has gone way out of hand.

Ninjaman
2011-03-09, 01:13 AM
The problem is that those who hand it late have had justifications, normally because of hardware or software limitations and doing something akin a punishment would be kinda harsh.

However, something will be done in regards to deadline pushing and unannounced exceptions as this round it really has gone way out of hand.

Yea but they had a week to finish it. If they where late becourse of software problems then they can just tell us and we wonīt be mad. But the can still not come to th next one as it is plain annoying, and then they would propperbly also be late for next one, as wouldnīt have fixed it.

Fin
2011-03-09, 01:30 PM
We'll take the suggestions about late submissions under advisement but for the time being (this thread at least) there will be no name revealing in order to push people into hurrying up/punishments etc.

Also, I have decided enough is enough on waiting for the last submission. I apologise to those affected but I am going to do the reveal thread now, so look out for it! :smallsmile:

Fin
2011-03-09, 01:52 PM
Ok folks, it's that time again....

REVEAL TIME!

Xelliea
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4462/dyfxellieacopy.png
by Yldenfrei!
Akrim.elf
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab324/Terry576/OoTS/Akrimelf.png
by Terry576!
Felyndiira
http://i51.tinypic.com/fknpfb.png
http://i53.tinypic.com/29blyxg.png
by GrlumpTheElder!
Smuchmuch
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/5421/smuchavvie.png
by Fin!
Gimliggamer
http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g162/KerfuffleMach2/Gimlig.png
by KerfuffleMach2!
GrlumpTheElder
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/grlump01.png
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad15/smuchmuch/avis/Draw%20%20your%20Friends/grlump3.png
by Smuchmuch!
Fin
http://i51.tinypic.com/23wjv2e.png
Mr Saturn!
Yldenfrei
http://oi55.tinypic.com/199q55.jpg
by Herpestidae!
Dogmantra
http://i51.tinypic.com/2gv3msx.png
by araveugnitsuga!
Herpestidae
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/Akrim13/g5646.png
by Akrim.elf!
Irbis
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd453/Athienel/catirbis.png?t=1298595378
by Teutonic Knight!
Mr Saturn
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g467/Ninjamanhammer/mrsaturn.png
http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g467/Ninjamanhammer/mrsaturnlarge.png
by Ninjaman!
Terry576
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll78/De_ressurect/yesh.png
by Dogmantra!
araveugnitsuga
http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5701/augustmirror.png
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5028/augustmirror2.png
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/3753/augustsketch.gif
by Felyndiira!
KerfuffleMach2
http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/Goldmann-andreas/Drawafriend.png
by Zefir!
Ninjaman
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/licoot/th_ninjaguy.png?t=1298926600
by Licoot!
Licoot

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/TWzD0wAGeoI/AAAAAAAABGY/8NhidVoMxE8/KatS.pnghttp://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_THRVNyZ8xf0/TWzDrmJIVMI/AAAAAAAABGM/WNeg5z4zZwM/KatL.png
by Irbis!
Zefir
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1025/hady.png
by Xelliea!
VeisuItaTyhjyys
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j439/Gimliggamer/Veisu.png
by Gimliggamer!

Thanks again for all your contributions and huge apologies to Teutonic Knight who missed out this time. Hopefully future iterations will return to our normal 100% submission rate!

EDIT: Also many thanks to Mr Saturn for my avvie, I love it!

Zefir
2011-03-09, 02:47 PM
Well I thought right noone redraws Taric Muhahahahaha.

But in fact I didn't get it.

Ninjaman
2011-03-09, 03:27 PM
Finally. Love mine.

Trixie
2011-03-09, 03:51 PM
Finally. Love mine.

Your was one of the easiest to guess, though... :smallwink:

Domochevsky
2011-03-09, 04:01 PM
Uhm... what's up with the second to last picture? :smallconfused:

Zefir
2011-03-09, 04:14 PM
You mean the one for Zefir eh me? I think it should be some kind of battle but I don't understand what it should say.

Herpestidae
2011-03-09, 05:20 PM
I question the logic behind the one for me.

By the way, here is the properly sized image
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/7271/ylden.png

I basically googled "Yldenfrei" and this was the first thing that came up and wasn't some sort of Nazi propaganda.

araveugnitsuga
2011-03-09, 05:33 PM
I question the logic behind the one for me.

By the way, here is the properly sized image
http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/7271/ylden.png

I basically googled "Yldenfrei" and this was the first thing that came up and wasn't some sort of Nazi propaganda.

Are you sure?
I'm getting quite a number of different non-nazi images, in fact, I can't seem to find what you based your on.

http://www.google.com/images?q=Yldenfrei&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1440&bih=732

Fin
2011-03-09, 05:49 PM
I got the questionable results that Herpestidae got, would link it but I think it would be against forum rules. I love how the picture that Yldenfrei drew of Xelliea is in the results that araveugnitsuga got though, this game is taking over the internet! :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

araveugnitsuga
2011-03-09, 06:13 PM
I've currently ran out of space, literally, by function of having so many awesome avatars in my banner.

I absolutely love what Felyndiira did with my avatar.

Thanks a lot, orz.

Teutonic Knight
2011-03-09, 07:15 PM
No wonder I couldn't find mine. :smallannoyed::smallbiggrin:

That's fine. Bring on the next one. Irbis, did you see what I was going for with the hair?

yldenfrei
2011-03-09, 09:06 PM
Huh, no wonder I couldn't find which one was for me. :smalltongue:

Google search is highly geographic (or at least, IP-centric and browsing history based), that's why I don't rely on it too much for wild guessing information. ^_^ It's much better to use the forum search instead, at least that's where I got inspiration for Xelliea.
I wouldn't be surprised if Arbeit Macht Frei popped up somewhere in your search. It's happened to others before. That's why I stopped using Frei as a username.

Herpestidae
2011-03-09, 09:50 PM
Well, this was the image I based it off of:

http://blog.claimscon.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/IMG_4689_sm.jpg

Mr_Saturn
2011-03-09, 11:56 PM
@Herp: That's a LOL there. :smalltongue:

My inspiration was Huckleberry Finn riding a beast with fins.

And I didn't have time to do any guessing this time around. :smallfrown:

And I like my avatar! Thanks Ninjaman! It wasn't what I would have expected, but it was also immediately recognizable as mine. :smallbiggrin:

Elder Tsofu
2011-03-10, 02:32 AM
Bah. I need to become better at guessing. :smalltongue:

GrlumpTheElder
2011-03-10, 06:37 AM
Hmm, mistaken for Fin and araveugnitsuga. I take that as a compliment.

Smuchmuch, thank you so much again for your masterpiece. I love it :smallbiggrin:

Ninjaman
2011-03-10, 08:13 AM
@Herp: That's a LOL there. :smalltongue:

My inspiration was Huckleberry Finn riding a beast with fins.

And I didn't have time to do any guessing this time around. :smallfrown:

And I like my avatar! Thanks Ninjaman! It wasn't what I would have expected, but it was also immediately recognizable as mine. :smallbiggrin:

Glad you liked it.

Irbis
2011-03-10, 09:29 AM
That's fine. Bring on the next one. Irbis, did you see what I was going for with the hair?

To be honest, no? :smalleek:

Unless it's a big fish swallowing something. Post/PM clarification please?

Teutonic Knight
2011-03-10, 09:37 PM
Best example I know of/that inspired me. Image courtesy of Kentaro Yabuki, spoilered for size.

http://i17.mangareader.net/mayoi-neko-overrun/1/mayoi-neko-overrun-1111540.jpg

Lately I have avatars coming out not the way that I intended. This time it was pretty hard to still make it look like hair and ears at the same time.

smuchmuch
2011-03-10, 10:13 PM
Hmm, mistaken for Fin and araveugnitsuga. I take that as a compliment.

Smuchmuch, thank you so much again for your masterpiece. I love it :smallbiggrin:

Glad you like it. I still wish i had time to make it better (i'm suprosed no one commented on just how screwed up th perspective is, particulary on the one with background.).
I'm sorry it's quite rushed in, I had to leave town after a while so i had to finish it quite fast.

fin, i like my avatar, thanks. i'l put as soon as i'm tired of the clone thing (wich should be pretty fast actualy.)

[QUOte]Uhm... what's up with the second to last picture?[QUOte]

from what I understand from the explanation he gave about the picture he made of me in the last thread, there's a logic behing it. It's actually very simple if you know what it's about but that's something you wouldn't think off just like that.

(Won't say more because here I don't want to ruin his fun but if you ask him by PM, he'll probably tell you.)

Irbis
2011-03-12, 02:14 PM
Best example I know of/that inspired me. Image courtesy of Kentaro Yabuki, spoilered for size.

http://i17.mangareader.net/mayoi-neko-overrun/1/mayoi-neko-overrun-1111540.jpg

Lately I have avatars coming out not the way that I intended. This time it was pretty hard to still make it look like hair and ears at the same time.

Ah, yes, it looks beautiful :smallbiggrin:

It's just, when you said something about special effect, I looked at it again, and though: Hmm, that side strand looks like tail... the middle strand like flipper... and the forehead strands like maw devouring something blue... Is that reference to pirates, or something...?

Overall, I don't know if it is OC, or based on the above, but I do like it :smallwink:

KerfuffleMach2
2011-03-12, 05:49 PM
I give my applause to Zefir for my avvie. Like what you did with him.

Zefir
2011-03-13, 04:28 AM
Thank you I tried to make the water better but I have no idea what I could do to make it better than this^^.

Fin
2011-03-14, 02:30 AM
New thread is up... Woot! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10552039#post10552039)