PDA

View Full Version : phat loot: age category ratio question

big teej
2011-02-18, 02:25 PM
hey playgrounders.

I'm curious if there is a formula somewhere for how much wealth a dragon has managed to accumulate based on their age.

I'm aware that you could just double/triple/whatever the standard loot per their age category's CR, but I was curious if there was something specific TO DRAGONS

my party is hunting one, so it's kinda urgent.

Zaydos
2011-02-18, 02:27 PM
There's not. The Draconomicon has sample hoards for most CRs but that's the most I know of.

big teej
2011-02-18, 02:31 PM
well thats not stupendously helpful :smallfrown:

Kuma Kode
2011-02-18, 02:37 PM
The SRD has "Triple Standard" in the Treasure line.

Roll for treasure normally for their CR, but do it three times. There's the formula.

Doc Roc
2011-02-18, 02:48 PM
Here's my suggestion. Inform them politely that the dragon has the majority of his wealth tied up in non-liquid holdings, with the remnant in dispersed cash equivalents. It's better than admitting you had to fall back and punt.

Tankadin
2011-02-18, 03:00 PM
Here's my suggestion. Inform them politely that the dragon has the majority of his wealth tied up in non-liquid holdings, with the remnant in dispersed cash equivalents. It's better than admitting you had to fall back and punt.

Though a dragon banker sounds like a pretty fun NPC or villain. Has a bunch of kobolds inventing simple computers so he can double check his analysis, maintains relationships with a variety of kingdoms and merchants. Monocle most likely required. Defaulting on his loans is not recommended.

Urpriest
2011-02-18, 03:07 PM
Dragons do indeed have a special treasure value for their hoard, and indeed it's right within their entry: Dragons, unlike most monsters, get Triple Standard treasure for their CR. That is the special, age-category-based, number for a Dragon's hoard.

big teej
2011-02-19, 08:11 PM
Dragons do indeed have a special treasure value for their hoard, and indeed it's right within their entry: Dragons, unlike most monsters, get Triple Standard treasure for their CR. That is the special, age-category-based, number for a Dragon's hoard.

oh.
:smalltongue: