PDA

View Full Version : SRUN 4E Homebrew Edge Rule. What do you think?

Fenrazer
2011-02-19, 05:53 AM
I was thinking about introducing an elaborate counter attack system to my 4e Shadowrun campaign. Let me know what you think, pretty please.

New Edge House Rule: Counter Attacks. If you succeed on your dodge, parry, or any other defense check, I will allow you to spend a point of edge to do a full counter attack. The prerequisites are the following:

1: You must not have used edge during your successful dodge, parry, or other defense roll.

2: You must succeed on your defense check by five or more hits.

3: You must sacrifice your next initiative pass in exchange for this action.

4: The counter must be of an attack of the same nature of your defense. For example, if you decide to use a sword to parry a bullet, you will be using your sword parry as well as the bullet in the counter attack. Basically, I am going to have to say, no going the whole nine yards on this, like summoning a spirit as a result of a guy shooting an arrow at you.

5: This can also happen to you, should an enemy score five or more against you..

6: We are taking a vote from you three as to whether or not this house rule should be in effect. I thought it would be cool, but I figured that I would allow you guys to decide. Let me know. =-D

Number three seems like a big deal and all, so we might be asking, "What are the benefits?"

1: The attacker has used their action in their own pass already, and so they cannot roll a skill check against the incoming counter attack, although they do retain an attribute that they can resist it (eg. a dodge check would require an reaction roll to accompany it, so they will get their base reaction score, and nothing else to dodge).

2: As you know, the threshold above the attack roll is five, and so from five successes on, you gain an immediate success. Five is one, six is two, seven is three, and so on, all of which accumulate on your counter attack roll.