PDA

View Full Version : The Homebrew Galleria: Nomination Page

Pages : [1] 2

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-20, 02:24 PM
Please Read Before Posting

Welcome one and all to the Homebrew Galleria (nomination page). It has come to my attention that things on this board often progress so quickly that brilliant gems of homebrew are completely forgotten on nearly a weekly basis. I’m here to help us create a gallery of the best homebrew that we’ve ever created as a community. For now I am merely collecting work from 3.5 but we will see if that changes in the future.

While we frequently produce some of our better homebrew through contests, I am not running any form of contest here. Trying to declare winners from the huge pile of gold that we’re sitting on is like grading a class of geniuses on a bell curve: it doesn’t make much sense as so much of the work is brilliant.

Instead, this thread will be based on a simple nomination system, the rules of which are outlined below:

Each member of these boards may nominate one piece of homebrew produced by another member (to prevent commercialization of recent creations) as often as once every 24 hours. Once per week, you may nominate a piece of homebrew that you have created as your nomination for the day.
Everyone can support any nomination so long as they did not nominate it and it is not their homebrew. This is done through a reply and you may nominate homebrew and support nomination in the same post. Note that you must list the homebrew you support explicitly (as opposed to blanket statements like “I support everything made by XXXX” or “I support everything”). There is no deadline to offering support so feel free to do so even years after a nomination is made. Needless to say, a person can’t support a single piece of homebrew more than once.
Once a piece of homebrew has been supported at least 4 times, a link to it is made in the Homebrew Galleria in the general gallery next to its creator’s username, the amount of support, and any addendums (see below).
Once a piece of homebrew has been supported at least 10 times, its data is transferred to the premium gallery in the Homebrew Galleria. This is not a statement that such homebrew is strictly “better” and is not intended to somehow put down those “only” in the normal gallery but merely serves as a barometer of the support that it has gained.
Any homebrew made at least 2 years ago is transported to the honorable ancients gallery of the Homebrew Galleria after being supported just twice, upgrading to the general gallery after being supported four times as normal for all homebrew (except for as listed below). This is not intended to give undue support to long-time posters but rather to help increase the visibility of loooooong-forgotten gems.
All larger projects whose content (not counting replies) occupies more than thirty posts (one page of posts) who is supported at least 4 times will be sent to the final gallery within the Homebrew Galleria, for your consideration. This is not an attempt to rip off board members who tend towards longer, continuous works (I’ve done a few of these myself, after all) but it can be very misleading to label a 10-page long compendium of anything as totally and uniformly balanced and trying to point out each individual error through addendums would require large amounts of work and space. As such, homebrew in this category will never have addendums (though the amount of support that such a project gets may well reflect the perceived balance of that project).

Important Clarifier 1: What counts as “a piece of homebrew”?

This is a bit difficult to answer. Obviously, a single article of homebrew such as a single class/race/spell/magic item/feat would count for this purpose but what about larger projects? Posts with lots of homebrew (such as multiple feats/spells)? What about contests? Compendiums?

There are no hard and fast rules to this but here are the general guidelines:

You may treat an entire project/campaign setting as a single bit of homebrew.
You may nominate a single article of homebrew within a larger project/campaign, even if said project/campaign has already been nominated. In this way, individual components of a project might find their way outside of the “for your consideration” gallery. note that such "sub-nominations" count as nominations in their own right (were this not the case, somebody could nominate a huge homebrew thread and separately nominate every single thing in it simultaneously).
If the contents of a single thread have several creators (such as a PrC contest thread), you can’t nominate the thread as a single entity (though you could still nominate a single PrC from said contest) unless they are working collaboratively.
Extended signatures or similar sources of links to other homebrew do not themselves qualify as homebrew.
You may nominate a thread with multiple pieces of homebrew in it (such as a thread with 12 feats or 20 spells) or designate one piece of homebrew from such a thread to nominate.
Before nominating multiple components of a larger project/setting, ask yourself if you’d post all of that in a single thread on its own. If not (such as if you wanted to nominate a random base class, two unrelated PrCs, and 5 generic feats), what you wanted to nominate should probably be divided into smaller nominations.

Important Clarifier 2: Addendums

Every once in awhile, we see a piece of homebrew that is great and awesome and wonderful but that breaks in certain situations. Similarly, we may get a nomination for a thread of spells in which all of them are wonderful but one. For these situations, we have addendums. The following are basic rules for adding addendums:

Anybody can add an addendum to any nominated work, whether or not they are supporting it.
Addendums function solely to indicate what might not work in what situations or, at most, to say what types of campaigns that homebrew fits best with. They do not exist to provide extra praise, suggest fixes, or to defend ones one work from criticism. Homebrewers are free to post defenses of their work in their own threads or to alter their works and see if others withdraw their addendums. Likewise, if you think that a work really needs a fix in order to function, feel free to PM its creator and make the suggestion or post on the appropriate thread.
If you have edited some of your nominated homebrew and think that some addendums have been rendered unnecessary, you can list the changes made (and what homebrew you changed) on this thread, though I ask that no you limit further discussion on the matter within this thread out of courtesy (again, PMs are wonderful things).
All addendums added to a work that finds its way into a gallery are displayed (except for obvious jokes and those that break these rules) though it is not guaranteed that they will be repeated verbatim.
You can add an addendum to a work that already has the exact same addendum (unless you provided it) to add emphasis if you believe it necessary.
If a single piece of homebrew from among many in a thread or post is being nominated, you may not change the subject of nomination through an addendum (though you are free to make a new nomination). If a thread of spells is nominated, for example, you may not support a singular spell within it unless/until it is nominated separately.

Important Clarifier 3: Withdrawing:

Withdrawing nominations: Although I won't stop you, I ask that people not do this for a pretty simple reason. Even if you realize that you just nominated something broken or you just found something so much more worthy of a nomination, it is possible that other people would have wanted to nominate it and stealing the opportunity kind of goes against what this thread is all about.
Withdrawing support: yes, it’s possible to withdraw your support if you realize that something truly isn’t as great as you first thought or if you were blinded by a “brand-name” homebrewer. As such, if some of your homebrew falls into a “lower” gallery or vanished from the galleries altogether, don’t take it personally.
Withdrawing addendums: You can do this at any time. In fact, not doing so after a homebrewer has gone through time and effort to fix the error that your addendum suggests might make them sad. :smallfrown:
Withdrawing works: homebrew belongs to a homebrewer and if you don’t want your homebrew on the list, you have every right to say so. I hope that no one will do this due to bad press within addendums and/or relatively low amounts of support but I won’t (and indeed can’t) stop you.
Note: Delayed Withdrawals: Being a surprisingly busy person in recent times, I might not have the time to check this thread every day (and on some occasions, even every other day). As such, I ask that people have a bit of patience with me after asking for a withdrawal. I'm not trying to twist anybody's arm here. I'll try to stay more or less on top of things but I apologize in advance if I cause any inconveniance caused in this way.

Important Clarifier 4: Beyond the Playground:
Every now and again, we are bound to come across a source that is either linked to through this site, reproduced on this site from another source, or that exists in a more updated form on another site. Even though this thread is made in part to display what is excellent on this particular forum, these are gray areas. For the time being, the plan goes more or less like this (though I err on the side of flexibility).

Links: This includes the rare homebrew threads made where we are simply given a link to another thread in another source (whether to simply share it with the playground or get our opinions or for some other purpose). If the link was made before the start of this thread or if the link is provided by the creator of the homebrew, it's fair game. Likewise, links to homebrew kept in PDFs (rare though they may be) also seem good.
Improvements: If there is an improved or updated version of a homebrew from these boards on another source, it seems like pretty fair game.
Reproductions: If a piece of homebrew is reproduced on the giantitp boards from another source in its entirety (which seems to happen quite rarely)... they will be included if there is some sign that the original creator gave permission to repost the homebrew.

To concerned moderators:
the rules of this new section have been lying around in some vague form since page 3 or 4 when the first off-site source was linked to but is now presented here in part to provide full transparency. It seems somehow prudent to limit submitted homebrew to that produced by members of this board but if that is seen as insufficiently democratic or otherwise troublesome, I'll gladly change this thread into a gallery for all homebrew (or make whatever other changes are deemed necessary). :smallsmile:

While there haven't appeared to be any incidents so far, prevention is often better than cure as they say.

4 last notes on nomination:
1. If you want to nominate one small article of homebrew within a larger thread or project, please indicate specifically what you are nominating and provide a link to the specific post it is in if it is contained in a single post.
2. Please be explicit as to whether you are supporting homebrew, adding an addendum to it, or doing both.
3. If the homebrew you wish to nominate relies on other homebrew to function, it’s generally confusing to nominate it before the homebrew that it relies on has found its way into a gallery. Even after this, please list the homebrew it relies upon in a special addendum.
4. Thanks to Djinn_In_Tonic, we have an official format for submitting both submissions and support. Simply copy and paste the following and fill in the blanks.

Nomination
Name and Link (*insert url*) -- Author
Addendums
Addendums Here

Supporting
Name -- Author
Addendums
Addendums Here

Note: Nobody is forcing you to use these formats if you simply don't have the time or can't be bothered but using them makes it easier for me to tell what it going on and record the correct results.

Example Gallery Entry: If you want an idea of what gallery entries will look like, here is a hypothetical example if the artificer base class had been created as homebrew.

Base Classes:

Artificer: Created by so-and-so: Supported by 11 posters
Addendums:

It only belongs in high-tier games.

This thing breaks the game if you give it enough down time.

Only for campaigns with experienced DMs.

to get the ball moving...

Nomination
Goodwife PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179661) -- The Vorpal Tribble
Addendums
Not suited for a high-action, bust-down the door playstyle.

For those wanting to see what has been nominated so far...

The Ongoing Tally (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10422452&postcount=28)

For those wanting to see what has already reached the galleries...

THE GALLERIES (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188341)

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-20, 02:46 PM
So here's a question...I know you want to avoid flooding the nomination with recent work, but is it possible to put an elapsed time clause in there so that creators can suggest (even if the nomination won't count) their own work that may have vanished from the public eye? I know I have a lot of stuff I've done in the past (and I'm sure others do as well) that might not be readily accessible for others to nominate.

Just some thoughts.

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-20, 02:56 PM
You are very right. You may now submit your own material as often as once per week. Is that sufficient?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-20, 02:57 PM
You are very right. You may now submit your own material as often as once per week. Is that sufficient?

More than sufficient. :smallbiggrin:

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-20, 03:06 PM
would you care to share with us one of your forgotten creations with the rest of the class, good sir? :smallbiggrin:

Also, to clarify a point from your first post, the nominator of a creation doesn't count as a "supporter" of that creation as well under the current system put in place (it may sound a bit silly but then again, this thread is about judging general consensus).

Kallisti
2011-02-20, 03:16 PM
I nominate this, although with the addendum that currently there's only one vestige set. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7310889&postcount=5)

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-20, 03:20 PM
would you care to share with us one of your forgotten creations with the rest of the class, good sir? :smallbiggrin:

If you insist (one of my favorites, although one of the ones people forget I ever made), although I'm going to also include something that I was actually planning to nominate. If this is unacceptable, take the one that isn't mine first. :smallbiggrin:

Nominations
Whimyscap Toadstool (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6124916&postcount=12) -- Djinn in Tonic

Warforged Armorlord (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99062) -- Krimm Blackleaf
AddendumThe Warforged Armorlord takes a Martial Adept up a bit in terms of power and survivability (since they excel in preventing damage), and will likely seem overpowered in a game heavily featuring classes weaker than the Martial Adepts. DMs should be ready to work with players if their selections of Forged Artistry threaten to make them more powerful than the average party member.

Lord_Gareth
2011-02-20, 03:21 PM
I nominate this, although with the addendum that currently there's only one vestige set. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7310889&postcount=5)

CURSE YOU, I WAS GOING TO NOMINATE THAT!

>.>

*Goes archive trawling*

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-20, 03:24 PM
I'd say that the the one you produce of yourself would count as your daily submission so which one are you going to go with (I'm sorry if it sounds harsh of me to ask you to delete the other but I have a feeling that the thread will fall apart or something if the rules are broken this early on)?

Gareth: Don't forget that you can still support it, even if you didn't get to nominate it.

Supporting
Seiðkona of the Iron Bands -- Djinn_In_Tonic
Addendums
None

Zaydos
2011-02-20, 03:27 PM
I nominate midnight occultist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157493[/url) although I do have to add the addendum that not all the vestiges ever got finished. Even so it might be my favorite homebrew of all time.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-20, 03:28 PM
I'd say that the the one you produce of yourself would count as your daily submission so which one are you going to go with (I'm sorry if it sounds harsh of me to ask you to delete the other but I have a feeling that the thread will fall apart or something if the rules are broken this early on)?

More than fair. Take the Warforged Armorlord then, as it's very crass of me to nominate my own work before all the good homebrew that others have done. :smallbiggrin:

The other one was brought up because...well...you did sort of ask. :smalltongue:

I'd also suggest the formatting be consistent:

Nominations
Name (Links to the creation) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10413310#post10413310) -- Author
Addendums
Addendums Here

Supporting
Name -- Author
Addendums
Addendums Here
Name -- Author
Addendums
Addendums Here

Nominations
Name (http://***URL HERE***) -- Author
Addendums
Addendums Here

Supporting
Name -- Author
Addendums
Addendums Here
Name -- Author
Addendums
Addendums Here

Draconi Redfir
2011-02-20, 03:36 PM
Nomination
Hatchling Cloaker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10405114&postcount=21) -- Land Outcast
Addendums
He really helped me out by making this thing. couldn’t have done it without him.

zagan
2011-02-20, 03:57 PM
I nominate the Miniature Golem (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118537) by Vaynor.

And I also add my support to the Midnight Occultist even if it's sadly unfinished.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-20, 04:22 PM
Hatchling Cloaker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10405114&postcount=21):smallbiggrin:

I nominate the Miniature Golem (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118537) by Vaynor.

And I also add my support to the Midnight Occultist even if it's sadly unfinished.

Please use the formatting that I listed above and Realm added to the OP. It makes it easier to tell the nominations from the conversation.

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-20, 04:22 PM
We now have an official formatting, thanks to Djinn_In_Tonic. I fixed a couple of odd coding things but it's looking good.

Edit: Wow, ninja'd swordsaged djinned.

zagan
2011-02-20, 04:31 PM
Please use the formatting that I listed above and Realm added to the OP. It makes it easier to tell the nominations from the conversation.

Sorry, I've miss your post, here the formated version:

Nominations
Miniature Golem (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118537) -- Vaynor

Supporting
Midnight Occultist -- DragoonWraith
Addendums
Sadly unfinished, this restrict you choice of Vestiges a little.

Draconi Redfir
2011-02-20, 06:56 PM

Fix'ed it now.

Land Outcast
2011-02-21, 04:10 PM
Nomination
The Monarch of spite (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10420118&postcount=1) -- TheGeckoKing
Addendums
It's been recently posted, and I'm not wise in the ways of class evaluation, but it struck me as a fine class for ye olde Black Knight

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-21, 04:26 PM
Supporting
Monarch of Spite -- TheGeckoKing

What can I say. It looks good.

Psyborg
2011-02-21, 05:01 PM
Nomination
Sagittarius Base Class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117933) -- Kellus
Addendums
Can cite personal experience. This is a lot of fun to play. No other addendums.

Supporting
Goodwife PrC -- The Vorpal Tribble
Seiðkona of the Iron Bands PrC -- Djinn_In_Tonic
Addendums
And I'll _totally_ support Whimsycap Toadstool if it gets nominated, or do it myself next time I can get to a computer.

I've specified "Base Class" or "PrC" in this post, and would specify "Feats", "Race", "Template", "Martial Discipline", etc. as appropriate. Is this preferable, or should the names of the works be cited without explanation?

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-21, 06:22 PM
You are free to specify what you are doing but it isn't strictly required unless failing to do so would cause confusion (such as if you link to thread post with a base class and maneuver set going by the same name, which I'd imagine is rare).

Also, you are a person of excellent tastes

Supporting
Sagittarius Base Class -- Kellus

And today I think I'll use my weekly self-promotion to put out my favorite creature (at least of the handful I've made):

Nomination
The Horror (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173105 ) -- Realms of Chaos

Edit: Also, as it's becoming clear that it's only normal to do so (and that people will do so no matter what), feel free to put praise/explanation of your nominations in addendums. That said, only critiques of the work will be shown in the galleries (at least as soon as someone gets enough support).

Volthawk
2011-02-21, 07:11 PM
Nomination
Ozodrin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153536) -- Owrtho
Addendums
What can I say, I just think its a really cool and interesting class.

It works by having an alternate form of sorts, where it can spend points on different features of the form.

Supporting
The Horror -- Realms of Chaos
Addendums
If I get back to DMing 3.5, I will use this, circumstances be damned.

Its an interesting monster that needs thinking to defeat, not just something you smash until it dies. Not to mention the fact that its mere presence breeds paranoia, with the illusions and fake auras it creates.

Temotei
2011-02-21, 07:45 PM
Nomination
The Measure of a Man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149336) -- arguskos

Supporting
Sagittarius -- Kellus

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-21, 07:50 PM
Nomination
The Harrowed (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188148) -- Lord Gareth
Addendums
Might still require a touch of balancing, and could use some more feat support. Still an excellent class.

Supporting
Sagittarius -- Kellus

Also, a list of things up for support would be good, so people can remember what they want to support.

Temotei
2011-02-21, 07:52 PM
The sagittarius is by Kellus, Djinn. I sense a copy-paste error.

Fax Celestis
2011-02-21, 08:06 PM
I nominate midnight occultist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157493[/url) although I do have to add the addendum that not all the vestiges ever got finished. Even so it might be my favorite homebrew of all time.

Of note: it is still being worked on, here (http://forum.faxcelestis.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22).

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-21, 08:41 PM
The sagittarius is by Kellus, Djinn. I sense a copy-paste error.

I have no idea what you're talking about. *shifty eyes*

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-21, 08:45 PM
Hmm... perhaps I didn't think this out as far ahead as I should've. I will claim this post and the next to form a list of stuff that's been nominated.

The Tally So Far

Goodwife PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179661) -- The Vorpal Tribble -- 4 supporters (moved to general gallery)
Addendums
Not suited for a high-action, bust-down the door playstyle.

Seiðkona of the Iron Bands (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7310889&postcount=5) -- Djinn_In_Tonic -- 5 supporters (moved to general gallery)
Addendums
There is only one vestige set

Warforged Armorlord (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99062) -- Krimm Blackleaf -- 3 supporters -- HA (Moved to Honorable Ancients)
Addendum
The Warforged Armorlord takes a Martial Adept up a bit in terms of power and survivability (since they excel in preventing damage), and will likely seem overpowered in a game heavily featuring classes weaker than the Martial Adepts. DMs should be ready to work with players if their selections of Forged Artistry threaten to make them more powerful than the average party member.
In the Body Spikes Forged Artistry, refers to the Armor Spikes feat, which probably is meant to refer to Spiked Body (Races of Eberron).

Hatchling Cloaker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10405114&postcount=21) -- Land Outcast -- 1 supporter
Addendums
He really helped me out by making this thing. couldn’t have done it without him.

midnight occultist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157493[/url) -- Dragoon Wraith -- 7 supporters (added to gallery)
Addendums
not all the vestiges ever got finished.
Sadly unfinished, this restrict you choice of Vestiges a little.
Unfortunately uses 2 less known magic systems, still awesome when finished

Miniature Golem (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118537) -- Vaynor -- 3 supporters

The Monarch of spite (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10420118&postcount=1) -- TheGeckoKing -- 2 Supporter

Sagittarius Base Class (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117933) -- Kellus -- 10 supporters (moved to premium gallery)

The Horror (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173105 ) -- Realms of Chaos -- 6 supporters (moved to general gallery)

Ozodrin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153536) -- Owrtho -- 6 supporters (moved to general gallery)
Addendums
D&D and gothic horror rolled into one, definitely not for every campaign, but oh-so charming. Did you know that Great Cthulhu has a +62 Grapple bonus ?

The Measure of a Man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149336) -- arguskos -- 6 supporters (moved to general gallery)
Addendums
I don't think Radiant Halberds should be one-handed reach weapons, that just makes them too good. It doesn't make sense from a leverage perspective, either, with all that handle, either.

The Harrowed (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188148) -- Lord Gareth -- 6 supporters (moved to general gallery)
Addendums
Might still require a touch of balancing, and could use some more feat support.

War-marked (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10557741#post10557741) -- Penny Dreadfuls -- 10 supporters (moved to general gallery)
Addendums

Sadly unfinished, but usable. Also, caveat emptor- it's a tier-2 class and makes no bones about it.
Extremely versatile and useful in its target power range. As a playtester of the class I agree that it is an extremely powerful tier 3 or a tier 2, so make sure you know where and how you're using it. It is great fun to play, though, and I'm not sure I've seen quite the same approach elsewhere.

Whimyscap Toadstool (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6124916&postcount=12) -- Djinn in Tonic -- 2 Supporters
Addendum
Much deadly than it looks if you group them up against low-level PCs. Remember that the saves increase by +1 for every Whimsycap within a 30 foot radius, up to a maximum of +5, and use such groups sparingly, as low-level parties will fall victim to them in groups.

Magitech in DnD 3.5e (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182780) -- Welknair -- 1 Supporter
Addendums
Has absolutely no place in a low magic game. Otherwise, Here, have a ray gun.

The Magitech Templar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176276) -- Person Man -- 2 Supporters

Xenotheurgy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122103) -- Realms of Chaos -- 4 supporters (Moved to For Your consideration)

Descent of Shadows Project (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74519) -- Realms of Chaos -- 5 supporters (Moved to For Your Consideration Gallery).
Addendums
Pretty big to swallow, supporting a less known and weak caster. Thats why its so good, and it should be in printed format

Cultist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4037233&postcount=14) -- Realms of Chaos -- 1 supporter -- HA
Addendums
I haven't actually had a chance to test this in play but mechanically, it looks sound and pretty much at my prefered power level [around Tier 4ish alongside the Warlock]. The rest of the project is nice, especially some of the paths but i'm not well enough versed in Shadow Magic to say whether they are balanced or not...the flavour, it however, awesome.

D20r (http://forum.faxcelestis.net/viewforum.php?f=2) -- Fax Celestis -- 4 supporters (moved to For Your Consideration)
Addendums

Seeing as it's an entire system overhaul, this is probably going in the "For your consideration" section.
currently a work in progress
A Major Project still on the work, but so much mechanics have been created or change in this Project that it have and will inspire lot of other homebrewer. My campaign world have been rework from the ground to account for many change I really like of D20r, if you dont have time to read everything then at least start by races and Style Feats.

Ebon Initiate (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163297) - ErrantX --3 supporters
Addendums
MAD warlock for T2 games, still has problems with WBL and his dual role, nevertheless very enjoyable for play

Shifter Exemplar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113692) -- Pramxnim
Addendums
Shifters can never have enough feats. Works well with Weretouched Master.

The Megaliths of Zidydrion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161459) -- ShriekingDrake -- 1 Supporter
Addendums
Potentially fascinating magical location is only sketched briefly, and its guardian not at all (yet); the excellent collection of spells is the gem here.

The Debaser (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137200) -- Temotei -- 3 Supporters

Warheart Items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5580531&postcount=1) -- The Demented One and Krimm_Blackleaf -- 2 Supporters -- HA (Moved to Honorable Ancients)
Addendums

Djinn_In_Tonic has expressed interest in expanding on this idea.
Cool concept, though I don't much care for how the items can't be enchanted and be a Warheart Item.
Inability to use normal weapon/armor/shield special abilities is either a distinct stylistic and/or personal choice on the part of the characters who choose to use these items, or simply an annoyance. YMMV.

Evolutionist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112349) -- Draken -- 2 Supporters
Addendums

two, three months more, and it will officially be two years old, meaning it goes into honerable ancients, rather than the general.
Apparently it's possible to break if you take as little else as possible, and focus on elemental aura, but without such extremes is otherwise completely balanced.
The PrC he was working on never got finished
While it is great, DM's do need to be careful with it.. It requires very little trying to break this class, and it should almost never be allowed within gestalt in my personal experience. Still an amazing class.
Like anything that grants natural attacks, this is easily broken when combined with anythning that grants extra actions. While balanced overall, cautious DMs may wish to consider capping the number of natural attacks available to a single character.

The Raid (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10364781&postcount=1) -- ImperialSpectre && Penny Dreadfuls
Addendums
I thought that if I was to be terribly proud, I should at least nominate an adventure. It's perhaps not the best adventure, but it's solid enough.

The Hemolurgic Shaper (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186676) -- Jarian
Addendums:
Requires knowledge of Hemolurgy. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186113)
Uses another homebrew class and a lesser-known magic system; may be complicated.
Potentially grants access to Soul chakra one level early, at the cost of five lost meldshaper levels.

A fighter fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30692) -- Bears With Lasers
Addendums
It doesn't fix all of the Fighter's problems, and it is from a time where the ToB hadn't been playtested very extensively.

thaumaturge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86550) –– demented one -- 1 Supporter -- HA
Addendums
It's basically an arcane Erudite. Substantially better written and balanced, granted, but still a full caster with the ability to alter its spell selection from day to day. Not inherently broken, but it has the potential to get there. Like all full-casters, optimize sparingly for best results.

The Parry Mechanic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136100) -- Rizban -- 4 Supporters (moved to main gallery)
Addendum:

Half rule change, half new mechanic, the parry mechanic will forever change the way your characters fight and makes AoOs a far more dynamic ability.
Alters many of the fundamental expectations of melee combat. Some adjustment is necessary.

The Capoerista (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68383) -- Proven Paradox -- 3 Supporters -- HA (moved to Honorable Ancients)
Addendums
Amazingly well written and flavorful, using the original Portuguese names, can be built in a number of directions and still be fun and unique.

The Wispfire Guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106072) -- Owrthro. -- 2 Supporters -- HA (moved to Honorable Ancients)

Community Based Monster Classes Project (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182724) -- Oslecamo (founder), Gorgondantess, Hyuudra, and Magicyop (current review council), Playgrounders Without Number (writers, contributors, and critiquers) -- 5 Supporters (moved to for your consideration)
Addendums:
As the project has worn on, the idea of 'balance' has changed. Earlier classes (that have been finished) are balanced, but not to the same scale as more recent, finished classes.
"for your consideration"
Older classes tend to stick more closely to the original monster's abilities; as not all monsters are equal, this has resulted in some having balance issues (though none severe, save possibly the Tarrasque) and some simply being a boring stack of passive abilities. Newer classes are much, much more heavily critiqued, and a lot of work goes into ensuring that they all have interesting active abilities that won't bog down combat, but they don't follow the original monster nearly as closely. Flavor is maintained (and often expanded), but if you're trying to near-exactly replicate a monster's abilities as presented in its original sourcebook, these new-style monster classes may or may not be what you're looking for. On the other hand, the newer monster classes are certain to have more interesting options than "I full attack the gazebo darkness kobold."

Vote Up A Campaign Setting: The Hourglass of Zihaja (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177072) -- afroakuma, Shadow Elf, Zeta-Kai, and the entire GitP community. -- 2 Supporters
Definitely "For your consideration"
There are more than a few issues with it, but that ought to be expected for a project of its size. More to the point, I think it deserves a spot in spite of that.

Arc Walker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9182117&postcount=1) -- Temotei -- 1 Supporter

Peerless Archer Redux (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148987) -- Pink -- 1 Supporter
Addendums
Deadly Bane is kinda overkill, I'd really like Fill the Quiver to be the default to Call the Name, rather than having to pick it. Otherwise, very nice enhancement to Peerless Archer

The Extinguisher (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154674) -- arguskos -- 1 Supporter
Addendums

It's a little presumptuous to nominate my own work, but I really enjoy the Extinguisher and feel I nailed the target with it. It's a sneak-thief class that takes some work and isn't perfect, but I feel like it has a very unique value to it and is something that hasn't been done much before. :smallredface:

The Omnomnomicon (3.5 Food System) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165297) -- Admiral Squish -- 2 Supporters
Addendums

I'll admit I'm flabbergasted by the applications of it not as cooking recipes but alchemical formulas :). (And chances are I'll develop some class which interacts directly with this stuff.)
Incomplete but quite interesting nonetheless.

Le Cirque Funeste (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123587), by Mulletmanalive -- 2 Supporters
Addendum:
This project was designed with Mecha Victoriana--a homebrewed game based loosely on 3.X--in mind; while the creator (and I) believe the material in the thread can be run in 3.X with minimal fuss, it's something to keep in mind.

Foregoer PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186229) -- The Vorpal Tribble -- 1 Supporter

The Sibyl of the Blinded Eye (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6120792&postcount=3) -- Djinn_In_Tonic. -- 1 Supporter

What to make, and how to make it special (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137641), by Djinn_In_Tonic -- 2 Supporters
Addendum:
[LIST]
Not exactly homebrew, but I feel it belongs in a collection like this, maybe under For Your Consideration. Also, there are two reserved posts unfilled, so there's a small chance Djinn will eventually revisit the topic.
Not really homebrew but a useful tool for would be brewers.
-Unfinished but excellent.
Withdrawing support due to author's statement (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10466454&postcount=119) that the in-progress update/revision of 3.5 Homebrew Theory: The Philosophy of Creation will encompass the contents of this work as well as the original version of Philisophy.

3.5 Homebrew Theory: The Philosophy of Creation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189220) -- Djinn_In_Tonic -- 3 Supporter

Madspark Eccentric (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127043) -- Djinn_in_Tonic -- 5 Supporters (Moved to General Gallery)
Addendums:

Has potential to slow down play, particularly if used to make original items, or items affecting base stats that require numerous other values to be recalculated.
DMs should review Surge of Inspiration carefully, as it may get unbalancing rather quickly. Otherwise, it's the perfect way to recreate Girl Genius Sparks! :smallbiggrin:

Mythos Vestiges (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68834)][II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69093)][III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68757)][IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85280)] -- The Demented One - 4 Supporters (Moved to general gallery)
Addendum-Total 24 vestiges over 28 posts (one post per vestige, plus one intro post per thread).

Core, Selena and Telvar (Vestiges) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3479380&postcount=39) -- SilverClawShift -- 1 Supporter -- HA
Addendums
Three vestiges from SilverClawShift's locally famous horror campaign journals. If you haven't read them, go read them, you can find a link in the stickied thread on top of the Gaming D20 forums.

Sin Knight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6151468&postcount=9) -- Pramxnim -- 4 Supporters (Moved to General Gallery)
Addendums
Knights don't get enough love, this definitely helps

Acolyte of Garfunkel (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6710302&postcount=5) -- PairO'Dice Lost -- 1 Supporter
Addendum:
The fluff is tongue-in-cheek, but the mechanics are perfectly functional for a serious campaign and it blends Shadow Magic into Bardic Music nicely. Use with Descent of Shadows for best results.

10 Level Force Missile Mage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5907822&posted=1#post5907822) -- RMS Oceanic -- HA
Addendums
Well thought out expansion to the original 5 level PrC

Adamantly Magical [New Materials+] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149976) -- arguskos -- 2 Supporters
AddendumTwelve metals, three metal treatments, and fifteen woods, all from Volo's Guide to All Things Magical (a 1996 TSR sourcebook for AD&D) and updated for use with 3.5e. Sadly, the promised gemstones were never posted.

Roar and the World Roars With You (Barbarian redux) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168774) -- unosarta
Addendums Detailed, flavorful remake moves the Barbarian from Tier 4 to mid-Tier-3. While not approaching Swordsage or Factotum flexibility, it does get a slight power boost (without Ubercharger shenanigans!) and a very well done customizable Rage ability.
Unusual for major base-class makeovers, there is prestige class support! The same thread contains five solid, usable, [i]finished prestige classes. The support for archer and devout/holy Barbarians is particularly unusual, but well-done.
At first glance, the Rage Points mechanic seems like it might be a hassle to keep track of. On consideration, however, I think it'd be no worse than a Factotum's Inspiration Points, and easier than a Psion's Power Points.

The Retooled Samurai (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143018) -- T.G. Oskar -- 5 Supporters (Move to general gallery)
Addendum

This thing is awesome, and got almost no attention whatsoever. In fact, I'd be willing that few people here have actually given it a good once-over. I sure hadn't, until I started looking for a Samurai replacement for a player of mine, found it, and was like "woah :smalleek:". Now, it's my fix of choice.
I helped do a little proof-reading here. It really is both good and charming. It's a crying shame it went largely unnoticed, though I will add that it's a bit below the power-level which I find fundamentally interesting

Bez-Kismet (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153696) -- T.G. Oskar -- 2 Supporters
Addendums
One of many reduxes that Oskar has done, this redux is probably still one of the closest in my heart in making Hexblades fun. :smallsmile:

Teleporter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168948) -- Saph -- 8 Supporters (moved to general gallery)
Addendums
I've always liked the idea of mages who focus on one particular type of magic. The Teleporter's quite a simple base class, similar in style and power level to the Beguiler - its abilities are very straightforward, but have a lot of variety in application. (Weaponising spells like Dimension Door is fun!)

The Third Axis of Alignment (Funky/Square) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55828) -- Kellus -- HA -- 1 Supporter

Sleeping Goddess Discipline (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98409) -- The Demented One -- HA -- 3 Supporters (Moved to Honorable Ancients)

Hopeful Swashbuckler Fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174613) -- RaveingRonin
Addendum
While slightly incomplete and deserving a good formatting, it's a honest attempt to make the swashbuckler more useful than the three levels it deals with. It dispatches the Duelist PrC, taking some of the most valuable abilities of the class and making crit-fishing easier regarding weapons that might need it. It works nicely as a standby between Rogue and Fighter (much like Daring Outlaw), but it stands on its own. Quite probably one of the few 'brews I'd allow on my table from someone else.

Extorius, the Legion Unfounded (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149441) -- lightningcat
Addendums
Consistent typo (autocorrect to blame?)- "gyrspike" is misspelled "gryspike".

Ishka (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120354) -- Many people -- 2 Supporters
[B]Addendum
Some of the homebrew may be of varying quality.
Urban-centric campaign settings are few and far between. Notable for averting the ubiquitous abuse potential of divination magic.

Completely Redone Artificer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146315) -- DaTedinator
Great fix - same neat flavor, eliminates massive balance issues.

The Way Words Work (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90961) -- Kellus -- 11 Supporters (moved to premium gallery)
Addendums
Truespeak is a wee-bit hard to get to high checks...

MEMBER OF THE MILITANT ARM OF THE RIGHT-HONORABLE, BOTH IN BATTLEFIELD CONDUCT AND IN MORE EVERYDAY CIVILITY, GNOMISH SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY AND THE PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF THE STORAGE OF ENERGIES OF MOTION IN WOODEN AND METAL ARMATURES AND THE RAPID RELEASE AND RESTORATION AFTER RELEASE OF THOSE ENERGIES FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROJECTING, WITH PRECISION, PROJECTILES, USUALLY OF A POINTED NATURE, FOR THE PURPOSE OF CAUSE HARM, FREQUENTLY TO POINT OF DEATH, AND IN RARE INSTANCES MEASURES BEYOND DEATH TO THOSE THAT GARL GLITTERGOLD WHOSE PRANKS ARE ALWAYS BOTH AMUSING AND INSTRUCTIVE, AGREES WITH OUR OWN HEARTS ON THE POINT THAT THE WORLD IS DECIDEDLY AND STRONGLY LIKELY TO BE A BETTER PLACE WITHOUT BEING IN SUCH CONDITIONS AS MAY FROM TIME TO TIME ALLOW THEM TO PROJECT FORCE UPON OTHERS BY MEANS OF MARTIAL ENDEAVOR. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6018203&postcount=5) -- DracoDei -- HA
Addendums
One of the most original, best fluffed pieces of homebrew I've ever seen on these boards.

Plus: gnomes riding blink dogs. :smallbiggrin:

13 New Luck Feats (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188989) -- Realms of Chaos -- 1 Supporter
Addendum
Flavorful, balanced, and generally useful. Also, it's about time luck-based characters got some homebrew love!:smallsmile:
Do note that there are more than 13! If you scroll later in the thread, there's quite a few more, and they're good too!

40+ Skill Tricks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9515968&postcount=1) -- Realms of Chaos -- 2 Supporters

Greater Totem Barbarian Project [ACFs] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157302) -- Admiral Squish + Countless Playgrounders

Deadwood (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9382290&postcount=1) -- DragoonWraith -- 2 Supporter
Addendum The way the fluff mixes with the mechanics while still being fairly clear on both makes this one of my favorite homebrews.

Eerie Traveller (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6387951&postcount=4) -- Djinn-in-Tonic -- 3 Supporters
Addendum I rarely use other people's homebrew [mostly for powerlevel reasons] but this has proven an excellent, variable and interesting opponent to my players. Saddly no real data to be had...

Libram Of Battle (http://sorcererstudios.com/forumdisplay.php?3-Libram-of-Battle) -- ErrantX and many more contributors -- 4 Supporters (moved to for your consideration)

Bladesinger Redux (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6004378#post6004378) -- ErrantX -- 1 Supporter
Addendum
You want a ToB Gish but don't want to play a JPM? Look no further! :smallbiggrin:
This is a prestige class firmly attached to its rather sparse fluff. It's well done, but only suitable for a narrow range of character concepts.

The "Gambit" Fighter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140278) -- Realms of Chaos -- 1 Supporter
Addendum
Intended for higher-power games.

Falling Anvil Discipline (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122824) -- DracoDei
AddendumSurgeon General's Warning: Keep tongue firmly in cheek during use. Not for use by infants, chicks, cubs, kits, hatchlings, or the newly spawned.

Sarlithids (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177659) -- Edge -- 5 supporters (moved to general gallery)
AddendumWork in progress, though there's still plenty of good, finished material in it.

A Very Long Trip (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10534086) -- Penny Dreadfuls :smallconfused:

The Dragoon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58445) - Karma Guard -- HA
Addendum
There've been a couple attempts to make Dragoons and this, in my opinion, is probably the best version I've seen on the boards, both in functionality and accuracy to the source material.

The Magister (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139935) -- arguskos -- 1 supporter
Addendum Approaches the flexibility of psionics with a completely different, distinctly "spellcaster magic"-al flavor. Delightful. Still a full caster, however, so the usual cautions about power levels apply (albeit not to Erudite or Archivist levels).
Note that this is a 3.5 remake/expansion on Monte Cook's Magister base class for Arcana Unearthed; credit for the concept and the basic idea behind several of the abilities goes to him.

Invoker (*insert url*) -- DragoonWraith -- 1 Supporter
Addendums
I, like quite a few who commented on the thread, don't like the alchemy portion of the class. Suggested ACFs are on the second page.

Limb Loss (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156980) -- Psionic Dog
Addendums
Makes fundamental changes to how 3.5 combat works, which may have unintended consequences.

Menacing Manor PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172358) -- Owrtho
AddendumThis prestige class for the Ozodrin lets you make/become one seriously scary haunted house. Plus? It stays haunted after you die...

Fae-o-matic. You find the folklore, I make the beasty! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151147) -- Mulletmanalive -- 5 Supporters (moved to for your consideration)
Addendums

I know its my work but I work hard on it and it'd be nice to see it go up in the "for our consideration" pile. I know some of the critters probably fare badly against spellcasters but I hate just tacking on spellcasting for the sake of it...
Absolutely fantastic work, with support for D&D and also his own system. The Fae type is similarly fantastic, and just all around awesome work.

War Summoner (url=http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8485772&postcount=11) -- zagan -- 1 Supporter

Master Thief (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8776331&postcount=5) -- cooperflood

Retooled Warmage (or, how I learned to stop whining and love the blasting) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131346) -- T.G. Oskar -- 1 Supporter

Bloody Reaper (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8473621&postcount=4) — ForeverCurious -- 1 Supporter

Battle Shifter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74521)-The Demented One

Limit Dragoon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168962)-Morph Bark -- 1 Supporter
Addendums:May not fit thematically with all games; class's main trick is limited inside dungeon crawl type games.

Ascendant Class Series: Draconic Ascendant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191429), Infernal Ascendant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191612), and Solar Ascendant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191088) - Jarian
Addendums:
A game featuring one is expected to feature all three.
These classes assume a moderate level of optimization within a group, and would not fit well in a party without general optimization knowledge without significant reduction of their power.

Legend (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190340) — Penny Dreadfuls -- 1 Supporter
Addendum
It's a new system, in beta, but definitely worthy of consideration.

70+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169209)- zaydos -- 3 Supporters

The Swordmage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149724) - DragoonWraith -- 1 Supporter

Fate's blessed (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8789023&postcount=9) -- Samb

The Best Assassin Ever (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Viz-Jaq%27taar) -- Dragoonwraith -- 1 Supporter
Addendums

Potential DMs beware - the traps summoned by the class are very well hidden.
The class does makes a few unorthodox exceptions to 3.5 rules.

Fighter Incarnate (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153656) -- Ernir -- 1 Supporter
Addendums
Obsoletes several core 3.5 classes, and makes no qualms about it. More powerful than many WotC warrior-esque options.

The Warrior's Way: Rebalancing Blade and Bow (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192596) -- Ziegander

I want to see odd featsThe Pickled Feats thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192760) -- Various contributors -- 1 Supporter
addendums:

None, or atleast few, of these are at all intended for serious play. Joke characters AT MOST.
Actual content starts at post 4.
There's a slew of Pickle themed feats, then I try to change the theme to kittehs, then somebody throws in dance, now it's all over the place.
Definitely a For Your Consideration, if it gets enough support, since none/few are actually balanced for actual play. Or, it may get it's own category for "Super Silly".
3-31: The guy who started it with a request changed name of thread.

The High Caste Archons (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192403) -- Iamyourking -- 1 Supporter
Addendums
Useful for much the same reasons that the entries in the much beloved Gates of Hell are

The d20r Paladin, v3.0 -- Fax Celestis
Addendums
Notes for adaptation to 3.5 are included at the end of the post.

Sisters of Nature-- Expanded Nymphs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190186) -- Unosarta
Addendums
Has lesser nymphs for each caste (freshwater, land, trees, mountains, fire, ice, air and seawater), nymphs of destructive events (also associated with the previous castes), and greater nymphs (the head of the caste). Much more similar to Greek fey than most of the fey in 3.5 are.

Programmed Constructs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55682), by Dove -- HA -- 3 supporters (moved to Honorable Ancients)

The Incredible Orc (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4131767&postcount=92) -- Bhu
Addendums
Yes, it's meant as a joke but I've used it against my players with hillarious results. The fact that this thing managed to beat a mech to death with a lamp-post is also worthy of note.

The Astrologer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101423) -- PairO'Dice Lost -- HA

Pirates vs. Ninjas (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130653) -- Dairun Cates
Addendums
It wouldn't be right if I didn't give this project some support. DC is my bud and to see his master thesis (you read that right) just be limited to our small group would be a great injustice to all the work he put into it and all the fun we've had beta-testing it.

Note: This system is inherently silly. While it can be used to decent effect for drama and suspense, the fact that there are pirates made 90% out of wood, ninjas that can turn into motorcycles, and a world conquering organization made up of mad scientists and card sharks, as core elements of the system, can defuse any kind of atmosphere the GM was trying to set up.

A Few Anti-PC Feats (experimental concept) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193122)-- Realms of Chaos
Addendums
The idea is not bad, the title might be what the thread don't get much feedback, its good to use on certain Monster (like Elite Boss or the like) but a DM using "Anti-Pc" feat just to counter every character tactic will ruin is own game, but from time to time and certain NPC or Monster theses feats are what would make the encounter something to remember

Project Heretica (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193554)-- T.G. Oskar -- 1 Supporter
Addendums

Paladin Redux and much, MUCH more. Still in progress but looking incredibly promising.
Great project with lots to love about it; I especially love how it both makes them heroic (paladin-wise) and retain humanity. Good stuff here.

Critters II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170253) -- Bhu
Annendum
A lot of the works are less serious.

Dire Dog (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10558594&postcount=294) -- Bhu

Neo-animal (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10678217&postcount=326) -- Bhu

Cat Burglar Base Class and PrCs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165573) -- Bhu

From the Fires of the Forge (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6274717) -- Djinn in Tonic -- 4 Supporters (Moved to General Gallery)
Addendums
Superior Construction is my favorite here but all of the feats are very nice for expanding Warforged options.

Wildrunner PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9114706&postcount=6) -- Ajadea -- 1 supporter
AddendumI don't know why I like this class as much as I do but I think that it is totally awesome and it makes me happy.

The Blade Lords (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146964) -- arguskos
Addendums

This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8167580&postcount=8) post contains fairly useful information regarding the blade lords should more be needed or wanted, as well as for altering the lords themselves.
DMs beware: Unless you have a remarkably-optimized party, these are campaign setting elements, not encounters.

The Nightsingers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7310622&postcount=4) -- Lord Gareth

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-21, 08:49 PM
Double post to save space for when the previous list gets too long but in the mean-time, some constructive things to say.

Of note: it is still being worked on, here (http://forum.faxcelestis.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22).

Are you sure? It looks exactly the same as the one in the other link at first glance and the one you link to hasn't been updated in 4 months. I'll take your word on it, though, and I'll re-link to the other source if more work gets done over there.

Also, it looks like the sagittarius is about to be pushed over the edge. Who will be the one who presses the first class into a gallery?

Land Outcast
2011-02-21, 10:59 PM
Supporting

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-21, 11:02 PM
Also, it looks like the sagittarius is about to be pushed over the edge. Who will be the one who presses the first class into a gallery?

Awww...I was hoping the Seidkona would beat it in. :smallfrown:

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-22, 12:23 AM
Awww...I was hoping the Seidkona would beat it in. :smallfrown:

Don't fret, Djinn. There's still time.
pssst... maybe could make up another of them 6-part vestiges for it. That would attract attention, right?

Gralamin
2011-02-22, 12:38 AM
Nomination
War-marked (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187987) -- Penny Dreadfuls
Addendums
None

Wings of Peace
2011-02-22, 12:58 AM
Nomination
War-marked (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187987) -- Penny Dreadfuls
Addendums
None

I give my support to the Warmarked.

Jarian
2011-02-22, 01:03 AM
Supporting

Hurray for a good mindscrew.

ex cathedra
2011-02-22, 03:36 AM
Supporting
The Sagittarius base class -- Kellus

I would support the War-Marked, had I not contributed to it, but I'm still extremely fond of the Sagittarius. It's phenomenally well designed.

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-22, 10:33 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, the Sagittarius has ascended. :smalltongue:

I hope that this be the first of many.:smallsmile:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-22, 11:11 AM
Something worth noting is that you can support multiple creations. We've only had 1 post supporting 2+ creations so far, but, given the quality of the stuff we will probably eventually receive, I did want to make people aware of it. :smallbiggrin:

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-22, 11:36 AM
The otherworldly being in the bottle is right, people. As stated in the OP, this is not a contest. While we are trying to get the best of the best, the point of this thread is to do so by getting a general consensus, not by restricting everyone to a single support vote.

So long as you've had a look at everything you vote for, like the idea, and think that it is relatively unbalanced, feel free to support homebrew to your heart's desire (though, as hinted at in the OP, blanket statements like "I support everything" or "I support everything made by XXX" may make it look like you haven't taken a good look at each piece of material so please do list out each thing you support). :smallbiggrin:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-22, 11:50 AM
Nominations
Whimyscap Toadstool (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6124916&postcount=12) -- Djinn in Tonic
Addendum
Much deadly than it looks if you group them up against low-level PCs. Remember that the saves increase by +1 for every Whimsycap within a 30 foot radius, up to a maximum of +5, and use such groups sparingly, as low-level parties will fall victim to them in groups.

endragor
2011-02-22, 11:50 AM
Nomination
Magitech in DnD 3.5e (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182780) -- Welknair
Addendums
Addendums Here

hope it's all done well

Nopraptor
2011-02-22, 01:09 PM
I nominate The Magitech Templar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176276&highlight=magitech) by Person Man

Psyborg
2011-02-22, 01:21 PM
Nomination
Xenotheurgy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122103) -- Realms of Chaos
Addendums
Addendums Here

...and, now that I've had a chance to read them, belated support for several of yesterday's nominations:
Supporting
Hatchling Cloaker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10405114&postcount=21) -- Land Outcast
Midnight Occultist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157493[/url) -- DragoonWraith
Miniature Golem (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118537) -- Vaynor
The Horror (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173105 ) -- Realms of Chaos
Ozodrin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153536) -- Owrtho
Addendums
None.

And may I recommend this link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136589) for the Seiðkona of the Iron Bands?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-22, 01:32 PM
This may be uncouth of me, and normally I'd avoid doing it, but, by gods, it's one of my 2-3 favorite pieces of homebrew I've ever made, and I didn't nominate it first, so...:smalltongue:

Supporting
Seiðkona of the Iron Bands PrC -- Djinn_in_Tonic

There are 1-2 other classes I might do the same for, but I'll *try* to stay away from shameless self-promotion (The Sybil of the Blinded Eye, Madspark Eccentric and the Psychokinetic Magewright are awesome, people! :smalltongue:) in the future. :smallbiggrin:

Volthawk
2011-02-22, 01:41 PM
Supporting
Xenotheurgy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122103) -- Realms of Chaos
The Measure of a Man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149336) -- arguskos
Warforged Armorlord (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99062) -- Krimm Blackleaf

peacenlove
2011-02-22, 02:00 PM
Nomination
Descent of Shadows Project (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74519) -- Realms of Chaos
Addendums
Pretty big to swallow, supporting a less known and weak caster. Thats why its so good, and it should be in printed format

Supporting
Midnight Occultist (http://forum.faxcelestis.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22) -- DragoonWraith
Addendums
Unfortunately uses 2 less known magic systems, still awesome when finished

EDIT: Sorry changed my vote, somehow i misread the rules thinking i couldn't nominate large projects

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-22, 02:03 PM
Sorry, djinn. The OP is quite specific that you can't support something you nominated or created. :smallamused:

Don't worry too much. It's gonna get up there soon enough (I've got a strong feeling on this one).

now to update the list.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-22, 02:09 PM
Sorry, djinn. The OP is quite specific that you can't support something you nominated or created. :smallamused:

Huh. I quite honestly missed that. My bad. :smallredface:

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-22, 02:12 PM
No prob, no prob.

That kind of stuff happens to me all the time. :smallbiggrin:

Mulletmanalive
2011-02-22, 02:38 PM
Nomination
Cultist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4037233&postcount=14) -- Realms of Chaos
Addendums
I haven't actually had a chance to test this in play but mechanically, it looks sound and pretty much at my prefered power level [around Tier 4ish alongside the Warlock]. The rest of the project is nice, especially some of the paths but i'm not well enough versed in Shadow Magic to say whether they are balanced or not...the flavour, it however, awesome.

Edit: Incidentally, Realms, would you be so kind as to split the paragraphs up on this class as they're close enough together to produce a swimming effect when you try to read them?

Cieyrin
2011-02-22, 05:28 PM
Nomination
From the Fires of the Forge (*insert url*) -- Djinn in Tonic
Addendums
Superior Construction is my favorite here but all of the feats are very nice for expanding Warforged options.Madspark Eccentric will have to come after this, I love Superior Construction too much! :smallredface:

Supporting
Midnight Occultist -- Dragoon Wraith
War-Marked -- Penny Dreadfuls
Miniature Golems -- Vaynor
Sagittarius -- Kellus
The Harrowed -- Lord Gareth
Descent of Shadows Project -- Realms of Chaos

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-22, 05:29 PM
I love Superior Construction too much! :smallredface:

Have you tested it? If so, how'd it go? Also, my own Addendum to that (that being the Fires of the Forge)

Oops. Already included it in the feat itself. My bad. Again. :smallredface:

Cieyrin
2011-02-22, 05:31 PM
Have you tested it? If so, how'd it go?

Unfortunately not, as the last Warforged I got to play's PbP ended shortly after it began. If I'd thought of the feat at the time, I definitely would have had it in his build, as it definitely fit him reasonably well.

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-22, 08:16 PM
Okay... now that the midnight occultist has made it into the gallery, there is something that I should probably bring up again. As stated in the OP, there is no guarantee that an addendum would make it into the gallery untouched. As stated in a later post, you guys are free to praise homebrew in addendums to convince others around you (as really, how would I stop you) but that such praise would not make it too the galleries. This is why the horror and sagittarius were transported without thier addendums.

Seeing as the addendums of the MO were valid criticisms mixed with a bit of emotional content... I... well... de-emotionalized them. :smalleek:

Hopefully, I didn't change the meanings of your addendums in the process (except for the removal of mesages that amount to "but it's good anyway", which is already implied by its support). If I have or if this small alteration is incredibly bothersome, please let me know and I can come up with an alternative.

In other news, a link to the galleries has finally been added to the OP (I honestly don't know why I didn't do so earlier). :smallconfused:

Edit: The cultist's paragraphs have been separated.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-22, 08:20 PM
3 things. Firstly, ask people not to post in the gallery, perhaps? Otherwise you'll probably need to reserve more posts.

Secondly, varying addendum should be a bullet-pointed list.

Finally, a brief description of each homebrew creation is a godsend for those looking through it.

Doc Roc
2011-02-22, 08:27 PM
3 things. Firstly, ask people not to post in the gallery, perhaps? Otherwise you'll probably need to reserve more posts.

Finally, a brief description of each homebrew creation is a godsend for those looking through it.

Given that war-marked is nearly 36 pages long, a short summary might help defray the terror. I can write one or you can.

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-22, 08:52 PM

Actually, people seem to have been doing pretty good about this so far. Seeing as nomination, support, and withdrawal all happen on this thread, there's no reason for anyone to post over there in the first place. If somebody does, I'll post a reply redirecting them to this thread and my reply will later become an extension of the galleries.

I fully intended to do this and somehow forgot at the last moment.

Doing one for the twenty different things all assemble in the nominations box seems a bit difficult and time-consuming (and I'm coming across a long patch of mid-terms so...) but I can definitely do summaries for things that get into the galleries.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-22, 09:21 PM
Doing one for the twenty different things all assemble in the nominations box seems a bit difficult and time-consuming (and I'm coming across a long patch of mid-terms so...) but I can definitely do summaries for things that get into the galleries.

That's what I meant. :smallbiggrin:

Temotei
2011-02-22, 10:32 PM
I'd say that if the creator of the homebrew would like to write a summary in an addendum, they should be able to do so and have that become the summary should the 'brew itself reach the gallery.

Alternatively, we could have a small number of volunteers summarize homebrew.

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-22, 10:45 PM
I'd certainly support it. Any creator can add a summary of their own work as an addendum.

Also, It's been a day since my last nomination so...
Nomination
Wildrunner PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9114706&postcount=6) -- Ajadea
AddendumI don't know why I like this class as much as I do but I think that it is totally awesome and it makes me happy.

Temotei
2011-02-22, 11:06 PM
Nomination
The Blade Lords (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146964) -- arguskos
Addendums
This (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8167580&postcount=8) post contains fairly useful information regarding the blade lords should more be needed or wanted, as well as for altering the lords themselves.

Kallisti
2011-02-23, 01:18 AM
Supporting Ozodrin, Harrowed, Goodwife, Midnight Occultist, Xenotheurgy, and Descent of Shadows, with no addendums.

Also, nominating The Nightsingers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7310622&postcount=4), by Lord Gareth.

Veyr
2011-02-23, 01:34 PM
Long-time lurker, registered just for this. Awesome work, RoC.

Nominations
D20r (http://forum.faxcelestis.net/viewforum.php?f=2) -- Fax Celestis
Addendums
Seeing as it's an entire system overhaul, this is probably going in the "For your consideration" section.

Supporting
Seiðkona of the Iron Bands -- Djinn in Tonic
The Harrowed -- Lord_Gareth
Xenotheurgy -- Realms of Chaos :smallwink:

mrcarter11
2011-02-23, 01:39 PM
Nominations
Ebon Initiate (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163297) - ErrantX

Supporting
Ozodrin - Owrtho
The Harrowed - Lord_Gareth

Cieyrin
2011-02-23, 01:50 PM
Nomination
Shifter Exemplar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113692) -- Pramxnim
Addendums
Shifters can never have enough feats. Works well with Weretouched Master.

Psyborg
2011-02-23, 02:38 PM
Nominations
The Megaliths of Zidydrion (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161459) -- ShriekingDrake
Addendums
Potentially fascinating magical location is only sketched briefly, and its guardian not at all (yet); the excellent collection of spells is the gem here.

Supporting
The Measure of a Man -- arguskos
Descent of Shadows -- Realms of Chaos
Cultist -- Realms of Chaos
From the Fires of the Forge -- Djinn_In_Tonic
The Blade Lords -- arguskos
Addendums
DMs beware: Unless you have a remarkably-optimized party, these are campaign setting elements, not encounters.Wildrunner PrC -- Ajadea
No further addendums.

Is the Galleria intended to include works not found in their full form on the GitP forums? My personal opinion is for the compendium to be limited to works found in the GitP Homebrew Forum, but the OP doesn't specify. If off-site works are to be included, however, then add...

Supporting
d20r project -- Fax Celestis
War-Marked -- Penny Dreadfuls
Addendums
Sadly unfinished, but usable. Also, caveat emptor- it's a tier-2 class and makes no bones about it.

...as they unquestionably deserve it in their own right.

One further note- while the Galleria may not be extensive enough yet to warrant PMing Roland St. Jude and asking that he consider adding it to the "Notable Threads" post, I expect it will soon reach that point. Considering how useful a resource it's likely to be, I'm sure RoC will make the request as soon as he feels it's warranted, but I figured I'd bring the issue up regardless in case it hadn't occurred to him. This is probably also a good point to insert my thanks to him for undertaking this whole project in the first place; a good compendium has been sorely needed around here for quite some time, and he's doing an excellent job of it so far. :smallsmile:

The below is for my own future reference.

List of things I need to remember to nominate in upcoming days (this is for my own reference, and b/c I'm currently limited to computers at the library, college library, and brief intervals on Mom's, which inhibits saving it all in a notepad file or list of bookmarks):
Extorius, the Legion Unfounded [Blade Lord Vestige] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149441) -- lightningcat
Addendums
Community Based Monster Classes Project (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182724) -- Oslecamo (founder), Gorgondantess, Hyuudra, and Magicyop (current council), Countless GitP Members (writers, contributors, and critiquers)
Foregoer PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186229) -- The Vorpal Tribble
Menacing Manor PrC (for Ozodrin)
Forsaker Totemist Base Class
Jade Throne discipline
Barbarian Base Class, Stoneskinned PrC, Silvershaft PrC
Swashbuckler Base Class
Mythos Vestiges (I,II,III,IV)
bunch of older-edition special materials updated
Sword and Soul paired PrCs
Tome of Iron MkII Warforged variants & construct resources
Fractal Bear monster
Funky/Square Third Alignment Axis
Falling Anvil discipline
MEMBER OF THE...GNOMISH SOCIETY...
Frogrider Template
The Complete Commoner NPC Variant
Riftsink Base Class
Blade Incarnate PrC
Cthonic Serpent discipline
Hourglass of Zihaja project
Idiosyncrasies -- Duke of URL
Naked Knight PrC
Iron Rose Monster
Greater Totem Barbarian ACFs Project
Bloodprawn Swarm Monster/Symbiote
Ancient Spice & The MYM C'SL
Limit Dragoon
Blademaster
Whisper base class
Chosen of the Void Template
Pact-Descendant & Pact-Heir Templates
Black Powder Mage Base Class
Empty Skin Template
Dragonflame Dancer Base Class
Hunter of the Stag Base Class
ErrantX's Homebrew Feat Compendium
Seed Magic System (Kellus; Arch, Gate Base Classes, other stuff)

List of things I've already nominated...The Megaliths of Zidydrion location/spells -- ShriekingDrake
Xenotheurgy Magic System + Classes -- Realms of Chaos

...or supported...The Blade Lords Project/Monsters -- arguskos
d20r Project -- Fax Celestis
Hatchling Cloaker Monster/Animal Companion -- Land Outcast
The Horror Monster -- Realms of Chaos
The Measure of a Man weapons -- arguskos
Midnight Occultist PrC -- DragoonWraith
Miniature Golem Monsters/Familiars -- Vaynor
Ozodrin Base Class -- Owrtho
War-Marked Base Class -- Penny Dreadfuls
Whimsycap Toadstool Monster -- Djinn_In_Tonic
Wildrunner PrC -- Ajadea

...to hopefully keep me from accidentally doubling up, as I can foresee the latter list particularly growing to be exceedingly long.

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-23, 02:54 PM
Edited: I suppose that I should set some kind of policy for things linked to or partially reproduced within these boards.
I'd say that any source of homebrew partially reproduced on these boards (such in the case of fax) or linked to within a homebrew thread for the purpose of general display and commentary (like the war-marked thread but unlike links to frank & k tomes made for CO purposes) can qualify... so long as the thread is from before the start of this thread.
When nominating such a thread, please produce a link to the more complete source as well as another to a thread that reproduces or links to it (as described above) as proof (I've seen such threads for the war-marked and d20r so they are good).

Also, two more things of note. I probably don't need to say this but it seems that it should be typed somewhere... even if only once. Having your stuff supported by someone does not put an obligation on you to support their things in turn (though it might be polite to at least looking at their homebrew). Also, though a creator would likely be glad to have their work supported, supporting homebrew simply because of who made it runs a bit contrary to the primary goal of this thread.

Also, I'll likely PM Roland if/when this thread gets to the 10-15 page mark, if it still seems to be going strong.

peacenlove
2011-02-23, 03:10 PM
Nominations
Ebon Initiate (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163297) - ErrantX

Supporting
Addendums
MAD warlock for T2 games, still has problems with WBL and his dual role, nevertheless very enjoyable for play

Fax Celestis
2011-02-23, 03:17 PM
I'd say that any source of homebrew partially reproduced on these boards (such in the case of fax) or linked to within a homebrew thread for the purpose of general display and commentary (like the war-marked thread but unlike links to frank & k tomes made for CO purposes) can qualify... so long as the thread is from before the start of this thread.

Of note: as of right now, d20r is triply maintained: on the wiki (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=d20_Rebirth), on GitP, and on Competitor (http://forum.faxcelestis.net/). The Competitor version is most up-to-date, but I'm trying to make it so they're all equally current.

Doc Roc
2011-02-23, 03:30 PM
Supporting Ebon Initiate. ErrantX, if you are out there, thank you for being a constant inspiration.

Fun note: we've random rolled a war-marked's actual marks and ended up with a high tier three character. The class is simply very powerful.

Temotei
2011-02-23, 04:44 PM
Arguskos
Arguskos

The man himself will chew you out for capitalizing his name. Best not to put it that way in the gallery, Realms. :smalltongue:

Psyborg
2011-02-23, 08:03 PM
The man himself will chew you out for capitalizing his name. Best not to put it that way in the gallery, Realms. :smalltongue:

:smallredface: Fixed. Sorry. Thanks for the heads-up. I've been being exceedingly careful with that I in Djinn_In_Tonic's name; I suppose I'll have to add another to my mental list of touchy 'brewers that we all walk on eggshells around because we'd hate for a sudden urge to SMITE IMPUDENT POSTER OF MISSPELLED NAMES to distract them from creating more awesomeness :smalltongue:

(That was a joke, so you can skip the post telling me sternly about how taking the time to get someone's name right is a basic minimum requirement of common courtesy, and so on. I'm well aware of it and doing my best to follow it; besides, let's not derail the thread too far, or we'll have Realms of Chaos wanting to smite people with a giant hammer of unholy wrath. :smallfurious: )

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-23, 08:08 PM
:smallredface: Fixed. Sorry. Thanks for the heads-up. I've been being exceedingly careful with that I in Djinn_In_Tonic's name;

See, that's funny, 'cause I ALWAYS think my name is Djinn_in_Tonic.

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-23, 08:23 PM
let's not derail the thread too far, or we'll have Realms of Chaos wanting to smite people with a giant hammer of unholy wrath. :smallfurious: )

Giant hammer of unholy wrath, you say? Tell me more... :smallamused:

Supporting
Ozodrin - Owrtho

Edit: Honestly, I'm a bit stumped at what to write for the ozodrin's summary. I can't think of anything that would do the class proper justice. I'm putting in a place-holder of sorts but I seriously invite Owrtho to add his own summary.

arguskos
2011-02-23, 08:42 PM
Don't sweat the name, dude. Someone yelled at me already for being snippy about it, so I calm down now.:smallsigh: Also, thanks for nominating some of my work. I'd support it, but hahayeahwhatever. :smalltongue:

I would like to nominate the following:
Nomination
The Debaser (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137200) -- Temotei

Supporting
Decent of Shadows -- Realms of Chaos
Addendums
Huge amount of work, but well worth it, and something I use all the time.

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-23, 09:52 PM
Glad to see the debaser. I was going to look for it but it oddly wasn't in my favorites.

Supporting
Debaser base class -- Temotei

Also, it seems that we finally have another gallery in use. :smallbiggrin:

Edit:Regarding the alternate link for the midnight occultist, I just realized that one of the posts on the other source says that it would be updated over there. The links have thus been changed.

Now to go forum spelunking and see what ancient treasures I can find.

arguskos
2011-02-23, 09:54 PM
Quick query, Realms. The nomination rules are a mite fuzzy to me. I can nominate something not my own 1/day, -or- I can burn all my nominations for one week to nominate something of my own, yes? That's how it works? Or are they separate tracks?

Temotei
2011-02-23, 09:57 PM
Quick query, Realms. The nomination rules are a mite fuzzy to me. I can nominate something not my own 1/day, -or- I can burn all my nominations for one week to nominate something of my own, yes? That's how it works? Or are they separate tracks?

I thought the rule was that you could nominate something you didn't make once per day. If you nominate something of your own, you can't do so for one week, but you can nominate things other than your own work during that week. The nomination for your own work takes up your nomination for the day, but not every nomination for the week.

This post is here so Realms can just quote it should I be right.

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-23, 09:58 PM
Let me explain a bit better. You gain one nomination each day. Once per week, you may use your daily nomination to nominate something that you created.

Is that better? :smallsmile:

Gralamin
2011-02-23, 10:26 PM
Somehow managed to miss it the first time:
Supporting
d20r project -- FaxCelestis

Temotei
2011-02-23, 10:40 PM
Nomination
Warheart Items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5580531&postcount=1) -- The Demented One and Krimm_Blackleaf
Addendums
Djinn_In_Tonic has expressed interest in expanding on this idea.

flabort
2011-02-23, 11:00 PM
Nomination
Evolutionist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112349) -- Draken
Addendums
two, three months more, and it will officially be two years old, meaning it goes into honerable ancients, rather than the main.
Apparently it's possible to break if you take as little else as possible, and focus on elemental aura, but without such extremes is otherwise completely balanced.
The PrC he was working on never got finished

Claudius Maximus
2011-02-23, 11:28 PM
Supporting
The War-Marked -- Penny Dreadfuls

Addendums:
Extremely versatile and useful in its target power range. As a playtester of the class I agree that it is an extremely powerful tier 3 or a tier 2, so make sure you know where and how you're using it. It is great fun to play, though, and I'm not sure I've seen quite the same approach elsewhere.

mrcarter11
2011-02-24, 12:05 AM
Supporting
Debaser - Temotei

Evolutionist - Draken
Addendums:
While it is great, DM's do need to be careful with it.. It requires very little trying to break this class, and it should almost never be allowed within gestalt in my personal experience. Still an amazing class.

Doc Roc
2011-02-24, 12:23 AM
Nomination
The Raid (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10364781&postcount=1) -- ImperialSpectre && Penny Dreadfuls
Addendums
I thought that if I was to be terribly proud, I should at least nominate an adventure. It's perhaps not the best adventure, but it's solid enough.

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-24, 01:17 AM
Regarding the War-Marked: I'm honestly... not sure what to do with this one. It meets the length prerequisite to be placed in For Your Consideration but putting it there without the addendums seems a bit foolish so I don't know what..
No, wait, I know exactly what to do. It was a silly thing to exempt addendums from large projects in the first place so I'll add them in and put a note at the top of the post noting that they are likely not comprehensive. Yes, that should do it.

Also, I believe there was an offer to write the description for the class, wasn't there?

Doc Roc
2011-02-24, 01:44 AM
Sure, it'll take me a bit, but I can do it. How long do you want?

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-24, 01:51 AM
A couple of sentances if you could boil it down to the bare bones (or the best you can do in that department otherwise). We just want to give readers a small idea of what things are.

Doc Roc
2011-02-24, 02:00 AM
"The War-Marked were a strange bunch, old friend. They passed into history long ago, but the influences of their bizarre fusion of totemic powers and martial traditions can still be seen in isolated places across the planes. They were titans, in their era. Legend has it that they fought great wars on even footing with the arcanists, once. But legend is just fancy given the gravitas of antiquity. So odd that you come to me now, in my desert and my caravan, with such a question. All this makes me wonder... why do you ask? Why come so far to bother an old sage in the twilight of his career?"

Jarian
2011-02-24, 02:32 AM
After much consideration, I've decided to use my ego-vote to nominate shamelessly promote the following:

Nomination
The Hemolurgic Shaper (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186676) -- Jarian
Addendums:
Requires knowledge of Hemolurgy. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186113)
Uses another homebrew class and a lesser-known magic system; may be complicated.
Potentially grants access to Soul chakra one level early, at the cost of five lost meldshaper levels.

Also, I really need to finish reading the list of nominations, but for now:

Supporting
Debaser base class -- Temotei

Because it's like a Hexblade that doesn't make you want to cry.

Ernir
2011-02-24, 04:21 AM
Nomination
A fighter fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30692) -- Bears With Lasers
Addendums
It doesn't fix all of the Fighter's problems, and it is from a time where the ToB hadn't been playtested very extensively.

Stycotl
2011-02-24, 11:25 AM
concerning the war-marked:
why is war-marked going to the "for your consideration" bin? it doesn't strike me as a compendium, so much as a base class with a slew of options. further, the linked entries are not 30+ posts. they are two real posts off-site with a number of comments both on and off-site. if there is a different entry somewhere that would better serve to show its compendim-ness, i'm interested in seeing it.

also, the contents of post #29 should probably be bumped up to the top of the first page somehow, since this seems to be the list you are editing. either that or repost a newer list whenever it changes, so that there is one on the last page that is current. otherwise, people will be fishing around trying to find it. less convenient means less participation.

now, let me crack my knuckles and take a stab at this:

nominating:
thaumaturge––by the demented one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86550)

supporting:
is there a limit to how many nominations i can support per day? i checked, but couldn't see one. if so, i'll pare the list down.
Seiðkona of the Iron Bands -- Djinn_In_Tonic
addendums:
more fae lords, djinn!!!
War-marked -- Penny Dreadfuls
The Magitech Templar -- Person Man
From the Fires of the Forge -- Djinn in Tonic

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-24, 11:56 AM
Okay, let's adress these issues.

1. You can indeed support any number of things in a given day (though you can't support things you've nominated and/or created).
2. A link to the nomination post has been added to the OP.
3. Regarding the war-marked, I initially thought that it would go into for your consideration due to its length (30 posts is a rough measure of length) and then I just remembered that I've easily fit 80+ pages of stuff into a single page of posts so... yeah. Moved into the general category.
4. Regarding the introduction of the war-marked, nice. A bit long but still very nice.

Also, Djinn's Seithkona finally reached the gallery.

arguskos
2011-02-24, 12:03 PM
Had no idea this was up for support:
Supporting
The Magitech Templar -- Person Man
Addendum:

We *are* using the right link, right? The Mark X (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176276)? This one is the most current one, and the most appropriate one to include in the Gallery.

EDIT:
Nominating:
The Parry Mechanic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136100) -- Rizban
Addendum:

Half rule change, half new mechanic, the parry mechanic will forever change the way your characters fight and makes AoOs a far more dynamic ability.

Cieyrin
2011-02-24, 12:23 PM
Nomination
The Capoerista (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68383) -- Proven Paradox
Addendums
Amazingly well written and flavorful, using the original Portuguese names, can be built in a number of directions and still be fun and unique.

Supporting
Warforged Armorlord -- Krimm Blackleaf
Addendums
In the Body Spikes Forged Artistry, refers to the Armor Spikes feat, which probably is meant to refer to Spiked Body (Races of Eberron).
Warheart Items -- The Demented One and Krimm Blackleaf
Addendums
Cool concept, though I don't much care for how the items can't be enchanted and be a Warheart Item.

Kallisti
2011-02-24, 02:40 PM
Nominating: The Wispfire Guide, by Owrthro. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106072)

Supporting Whimsycap Toadstool, d20R with the addendum that it is currently a work in progress, the Ebon Initiate, and the Megaliths of Zidydrion. EDIT: And From the Fires of the Forge.

Psyborg
2011-02-24, 02:41 PM
Nominations
Community Based Monster Classes Project (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182724) -- Oslecamo (founder), Gorgondantess, Hyuudra, and Magicyop (current review council), Playgrounders Without Number (writers, contributors, and critiquers)

Supporting
Warheart Items -- The Demented One and Krimm_Blackleaf
Addendum
Inability to use normal weapon/armor/shield special abilities is either a distinct stylistic and/or personal choice on the part of the characters who choose to use these items, or simply an annoyance. YMMV.Evolutionist Base Class -- Draken
Addendum
Like anything that grants natural attacks, this is easily broken when combined with anythning that grants extra actions. While balanced overall, cautious DMs may wish to consider capping the number of natural attacks available to a single character.Capoerista Base Class -- Proven Paradox
Thaumaturge Base Class -- The Demented One
Addendum
It's basically an arcane Erudite. Substantially better written and balanced, granted, but still a full caster with the ability to alter its spell selection from day to day. Not inherently broken, but it has the potential to get there. Like all full-casters, optimize sparingly for best results.Wispfire Guide Base Class -- Owrtho

List of things I need to remember to nominate in upcoming days (this is for my own reference, and b/c I'm currently limited to computers at the library, college library, and brief intervals on Mom's, which inhibits saving it all in a notepad file or list of bookmarks):
Extorius, the Legion Unfounded [Blade Lord Vestige] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149441) -- lightningcat
Addendums
Foregoer PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186229) -- The Vorpal Tribble
Jade Throne discipline
Swashbuckler Base Class
Fractal Bear monster
Falling Anvil discipline
Frogrider Template
Riftsink Base Class
Blade Incarnate PrC
Naked Knight PrC
Iron Rose Monster
Limit Dragoon
Blademaster
Whisper base class
Empty Skin Template

List of things I've already nominated...Community Based Monster Classes Project -- too many Playgrounders to count
The Megaliths of Zidydrion location/spells -- ShriekingDrake

...or supported...The Blade Lords Project/Monsters -- arguskos
Capoerista Base Class -- Proven Paradox
Evolutionist Base Class -- Draken
Wildrunner PrC -- Ajadea
Wispfire Guide Base Class -- Owrtho

...to hopefully keep me from accidentally doubling up, as I can foresee the latter list particularly growing to be exceedingly long.

Kallisti
2011-02-24, 02:45 PM
I'll support Community-based Monster Classes, Midnight Occultist, Capoerista, The Horror, Sagittarius, and the War-Marked.

Veyr
2011-02-24, 04:35 PM
Nomination
Vote Up A Campaign Setting: The Hourglass of Zihaja (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177072) -- afroakuma, Shadow Elf, Zeta-Kai, and the entire GitP community.
Definitely "For your consideration"
There are more than a few issues with it, but that ought to be expected for a project of its size. More to the point, I think it deserves a spot in spite of that.

I have a lot of homebrew to read; too many things sound cool but I don't know enough about to support...

Temotei
2011-02-25, 01:10 AM
Nomination
Arc Walker (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9182117&postcount=1) -- Temotei

I hate to nominate something of my own, but I really love this thing. Come on...it's a heavenly rainbow beaver-dragon-wolf. What's not to love?

Cieyrin
2011-02-25, 01:27 PM
Nomination
Peerless Archer Redux (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148987) -- Pink
Addendums
Deadly Bane is kinda overkill, I'd really like Fill the Quiver to be the default to Call the Name, rather than having to pick it. Otherwise, very nice enhancement to Peerless Archer

Supporting
Addendums
I don't think Radiant Halberds should be one-handed reach weapons, that just makes them too good. It doesn't make sense from a leverage perspective, either, with all that handle, either.
Goodwife -- Vorpal Tribble

arguskos
2011-02-25, 01:36 PM
Nomination
The Extinguisher (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154674) -- arguskos
Addendums

It's a little presumptuous to nominate my own work, but I really enjoy the Extinguisher and feel I nailed the target with it. It's a sneak-thief class that takes some work and isn't perfect, but I feel like it has a very unique value to it and is something that hasn't been done much before. :smallredface:

Land Outcast
2011-02-25, 02:02 PM
Nomination
The Omnomnomicon (3.5 Food System) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165297) -- Admiral Squish
Addendums
I'll admit I'm flabbergasted by the applications of it not as cooking recipes but alchemical formulas :). (And chances are I'll develop some class which interacts directly with this stuff.)

Supporting
The Parry Mechanic -- Rizban
Addendums
Addendums Here

flabort
2011-02-25, 02:20 PM
Supporting
Community Based Monster Classes -- countless
Addendums
As the project has worn on, the idea of 'balance' has changed. Earlier classes (that have been finished) are balanced, but not to the same scale as more recent, finished classes.
"for your consideration"
Warforged Armorlord -- Krimm Blackleaf

Kallisti
2011-02-25, 04:46 PM
Supporting
The Hourglass of Zihaja--afroakuma, Shadow Elf, Zeta-Kai, and the entire GitP community.
No addendums.

Nominating
Le Cirque Funeste (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123587), by Mulletmanalive
Addendum:
This project was designed with Mecha Victoriana--a homebrewed game based loosely on 3.X--in mind; while the creator (and I) believe the material in the thread can be run in 3.X with minimal fuss, it's something to keep in mind.

Mulletmanalive
2011-02-25, 05:31 PM
[Leaps on Kallisti and hugs]

Yay!

Kallisti
2011-02-25, 05:44 PM
[Leaps on Kallisti and hugs]

Yay!

It's an awesome project.

Mulletmanalive
2011-02-25, 05:48 PM
I finally got a copy of Something Wicked This Way Comes as well, so it may end up getting kick started again.

A throwing based base class seems like it could see some play time and i never was satisfied with the Carnie Crafter...

Psyborg
2011-02-26, 12:13 PM
Nominations

Supporting
Arc Walker Creature -- Temotei
Peerless Archer Redux PrC -- Pink
The Omnomnomicon -- Admiral Squish

Addendums
Jade Throne discipline
Swashbuckler Base Class
Fractal Bear monster
Falling Anvil discipline
Frogrider Template
Riftsink Base Class
Blade Incarnate PrC
Naked Knight PrC
Iron Rose Monster
Limit Dragoon
Blademaster
Whisper base class
Empty Skin Template

List of things I've already nominated...Community Based Monster Classes Project -- too many Playgrounders to count
Foregoer PrC -- The Vorpal Tribble

...or supported...
Arc Walker Monster -- Temotei
The Blade Lords Project/Monsters -- arguskos
Peerless Archer Redux -- Pink
Wildrunner PrC -- Ajadea

Kallisti
2011-02-26, 07:32 PM
Nomination:
The Sibyl of the Blinded Eye (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6120792&postcount=3), by Djinn_In_Tonic.

Supporting
Forgoer PrC--The Vorpal Tribble

Kallisti
2011-02-27, 08:33 PM
Nomination:
What to make, and how to make it special (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137641), by Djinn_In_Tonic
Addendum:
Not exactly homebrew, but I feel it belongs in a collection like this, maybe under For Your Consideration. Also, there are two reserved posts unfilled, so there's a small chance Djinn will eventually revisit the topic.

LOTRfan
2011-02-27, 08:39 PM
Supporting
Le Cirque Funeste-- Mulletmanalive

Zaydos
2011-02-27, 08:44 PM
Supporting:
What to make, and how to make it special (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137641), by Djinn_In_Tonic
Addendum:
Not really homebrew but a useful tool for would be brewers.

Siosilvar
2011-02-27, 08:52 PM

I would suggest instead and/or in addition
Nomination:
3.5 Homebrew Theory: The Philosophy of Creation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8386214#post8386214), by Djinn_In_Tonic

Both have a lot of the same material. Both are by Djinn. Both are excellent. Both are unfinished.

Veyr
2011-02-28, 10:48 AM
I absolutely support both What to Make, and How to Make It Special and The Philosophy of Creation; I just read both now and they're excellent. Would definitely like to see more from the author.

(That's not really an addendum, which is why I didn't use the format; should I anyway?)

Nomination
Madspark Eccentric (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127043) -- Djinn_in_Tonic

Another not-addendum: Djinn, your image link seems to be dead there.

Psyborg
2011-02-28, 01:08 PM
Nominations
Mythos Vestiges (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68834)][III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68757)][IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85280)] -- The Demented One
[i]Addendum-Total 24 vestiges over 28 posts (one post per vestige, plus one intro post per thread).-By number of posts, and the fact that it's spread over multiple threads, this probably qualifies for the For Your Consideration gallery; however, the individual posts are fairly short, and the total amount of text is far smaller than that for some single base classes. Where to put this one is entirely up to Realms, because I haven't the foggiest.
-Also, the OPs of the first three threads should probably be updated with the link to the fourth.

Supporting
Sibyl of the Blinded Eye -- Djinn_In_Tonic
What to Make, and How to Make It Special -- Djinn_In_Tonic
3.5 Homebrew Theory: The Philosophy of Creation -- Djinn_In_Tonic
AddendumThe following applies to both of the previous:
-Perhaps a "Guides and Handbooks" category is needed somewhere for these?
-Djinn_In_Tonic, if you're reading this...please, finishing either of these would be awesome. Teach us, O Master of Homebrew! :smallcool:Madspark Eccentric -- Djinn_In_Tonic
AddendumHas potential to slow down play, particularly if used to make original items, or items affecting base stats that require numerous other values to be recalculated.

(When I realized what my "Supporting" list was going to look like today, I had to hunt through my to-nominate list for something that wasn't by Djinn, just for variety. :smalltongue: Though I wouldn't be shocked to find myself nominating something of his again tomorrow *shakes head* Good grief, man, do you do anything else? And if not: Don't start! :smallbiggrin: )

Finally, I'd like to add a (somewhat lengthy) addendum to one of my previous nominations.
Addendum (Community Monster Classes project -- countless)Older classes tend to stick more closely to the original monster's abilities; as not all monsters are equal, this has resulted in some having balance issues (though none severe, save possibly the Tarrasque) and some simply being a boring stack of passive abilities. Newer classes are much, much more heavily critiqued, and a lot of work goes into ensuring that they all have interesting active abilities that won't bog down combat, but they don't follow the original monster nearly as closely. Flavor is maintained (and often expanded), but if you're trying to near-exactly replicate a monster's abilities as presented in its original sourcebook, these new-style monster classes may or may not be what you're looking for. On the other hand, the newer monster classes are certain to have more interesting options than "I full attack the gazebo darkness kobold."

Adamantly Magical [New Materials+] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149976) -- arguskos
AddendumTwelve metals, three metal treatments, and fifteen woods, all from Volo's Guide to All Things Magical (a 1996 TSR sourcebook for AD&D) and updated for use with 3.5e. Sadly, the promised gemstones were never posted.
Extorius, the Legion Unfounded (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149441) -- lightningcat
[i]Addendums
13 new Luck Feats -- Realms of Chaos
Jade Throne discipline
Swashbuckler Base Class
Fractal Bear monster
Falling Anvil discipline
Frogrider Template
Riftsink Base Class
Blade Incarnate PrC
Naked Knight PrC
Iron Rose Monster
Limit Dragoon
Blademaster
Whisper base class
Empty Skin Template

List of things I've already [b]nominated...Community Based Monster Classes Project -- too many Playgrounders to count
Mythos Vestiges -- The Demented One

...or supported...
Wildrunner PrC -- Ajadea

Darth Mario
2011-02-28, 02:33 PM
Nominations
Core, Selena and Telvar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3479380&postcount=39) -- SilverClawShift
Addendums
Three vestiges from SilverClawShift's locally famous horror campaign journals. If you haven't read them, go read them, you can find a link in the stickied thread on top of the Gaming D20 forums.

Supporting
Madspark Eccentric -- Djinn_in_Tonic
Addendums
Because it's the first class that ever made me at all interested in the concept of the Artificer.

Kallisti
2011-02-28, 05:13 PM
Supporting:
Madspark Eccentric--Djinn_In_Tonic
Mythos Vestiges--The Demented One
3.5 Homebrew Theory: The Philosophy of Creation--Djinn_In_Tonic

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-02-28, 05:19 PM
I would suggest instead and/or in addition
Nomination:
3.5 Homebrew Theory: The Philosophy of Creation (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8386214#post8386214), by Djinn_In_Tonic

Both have a lot of the same material. Both are by Djinn. Both are excellent. Both are unfinished.

I absolutely support both What to Make, and How to Make It Special and The Philosophy of Creation; I just read both now and they're excellent. Would definitely like to see more from the author.

-Perhaps a "Guides and Handbooks" category is needed somewhere for these?
-Djinn_In_Tonic, if you're reading this...please, finishing either of these would be awesome. Teach us, O Master of Homebrew! :smallcool:

Alright...you've all convinced me. I'll get back to work on those sometime this week, and actually try to finish them this time around. :smallbiggrin:

That being said, The Philosophy of Creation will eventually encompass all of the other essay in some manner, and should be considered the revised version of such.

Cieyrin
2011-02-28, 05:33 PM
Nomination
Sin Knight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6151468&postcount=9) -- Pramxnim
Addendums

Supporting
Addendums
Incomplete but quite interesting nonetheless.

Mulletmanalive
2011-02-28, 05:45 PM
Supporting:

Veyr
2011-02-28, 05:45 PM
Nomination
Sin Knight (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6151468&postcount=9) -- Pramxnim
Addendums
Oooh, I like this. Supporting!

Temotei
2011-02-28, 05:52 PM
Supporting
Sin Knight -- Pramxnim

I could have sworn I nominated this, but I guess I nominated something else on the day I was going to originally.

Kallisti
2011-02-28, 11:00 PM
Supporting
Sin Knight--Pramxnim

Nominating
Acolyte of Garfunkel (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6710302&postcount=5)--PairO'Dice Lost
Addendum:
The fluff is tongue-in-cheek, but the mechanics are perfectly functional for a serious campaign and it blends Shadow Magic into Bardic Music nicely. Use with Descent of Shadows for best results.

Stycotl
2011-03-01, 12:10 AM
Supporting:

Doc Roc
2011-03-01, 01:40 AM
Supporting:

Cieyrin
2011-03-01, 01:01 PM
Nomination
10 Level Force Missile Mage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5907822&posted=1#post5907822) -- RMS Oceanic
Addendums
Well thought out expansion to the original 5 level PrC

Supporting
Madspark Eccentric -- Djinn in Tonic
Addendums
DMs should review Surge of Inspiration carefully, as it may get unbalancing rather quickly. Otherwise, it's the perfect way to recreate Girl Genius Sparks! :smallbiggrin:

Psyborg
2011-03-01, 04:41 PM
Nomination
Adamantly Magical [New Materials+] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149976) -- arguskos

Supporting
Core, Selena, and Telvar [Vestiges] -- SilverClawShift
Sin Knight -- Pramxnim
Acolyte of Garfunkel -- Pair'O Dice Lost

Addendums
Jade Throne discipline
Swashbuckler Base Class
Fractal Bear monster
Falling Anvil discipline
Frogrider Template
Riftsink Base Class
Blade Incarnate PrC
Naked Knight PrC
Iron Rose Monster
Limit Dragoon
Blademaster
Whisper base class
Empty Skin Template

List of things I've already nominated...Adamantly Magical [New Materials+] -- arguskos
Community Based Monster Classes Project -- too many Playgrounders to count

...or supported...
Sin Knight -- Pramxnim
Wildrunner PrC -- Ajadea

Siosilvar
2011-03-01, 05:57 PM
Supporting
Sagittarius - Kellus (first homebrew class on the boards that I actually wanted to play)
Capoeirista - Proven Paradox

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-03-01, 05:59 PM
As a heads up to those who were interested, I'm working on those articles again here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189220)

arguskos
2011-03-01, 06:00 PM
Nomination
Addendum from the Creator:

This project is incomplete, as noted. However, I fully intend to return to it sooner than later, and to then incorporate it into Zaaman-Rul. Keep this in mind when considering the project.

The Gemstones are just so much damn work. :smallsigh:

Psyborg
2011-03-02, 10:55 AM
Nomination
Roar and the World Roars With You (Barbarian redux) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168774) -- unosarta
Addendums Detailed, flavorful remake moves the Barbarian from Tier 4 to mid-Tier-3. While not approaching Swordsage or Factotum flexibility, it does get a slight power boost (without Ubercharger shenanigans!) and a very well done customizable Rage ability.
Unusual for major base-class makeovers, there is prestige class support! The same thread contains five solid, usable, finished prestige classes. The support for archer and devout/holy Barbarians is particularly unusual, but well-done.
At first glance, the Rage Points mechanic seems like it might be a hassle to keep track of. On consideration, however, I think it'd be no worse than a Factotum's Inspiration Points, and easier than a Psion's Power Points.

Supporting
VUaCS: The Hourglass of Zihaja -- afroakuma, Shadow Elf, Zeta-Kai, and company

New Addendum
3.5 Homebrew Theory: The Philosophy of CreationCurrent form is found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189220). Recommend changing link to that one. Since it will then be irrelevant, consider this addendum withdrawn as soon as the main link is altered.

Withdrawing Support
AddendumWithdrawing support due to author's statement (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10466454&postcount=119) that the in-progress update/revision of 3.5 Homebrew Theory: The Philosophy of Creation will encompass the contents of this work as well as the original version of Philisophy.

*snipped* However, I fully intend to return to it sooner than later... *snipped*Awesome.

Addendums
Jade Throne discipline
Stoneskinned PrC, Silvershaft PrC
Swashbuckler Base Class
Fractal Bear monster
Falling Anvil discipline
Frogrider Template
Riftsink Base Class
Blade Incarnate PrC
Naked Knight PrC
Iron Rose Monster
Limit Dragoon
Blademaster
Whisper base class
Empty Skin Template

List of things I've already nominated...Adamantly Magical [New Materials+] -- arguskos
Roar and the World Roars With You (Barbarian redux) -- unosarta

...or supported...
Sin Knight -- Pramxnim
VUaCS: The Hourglass of Zihaja -- countless
What to Make, and How to Make It Special -- Djinn_In_Tonic (Withdrawn)
Wildrunner PrC -- Ajadea

Cieyrin
2011-03-02, 06:14 PM
Nomination
Bez-Kismit (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153696) -- T.G. Oskar
Addendums
One of many reduxes that Oskar has done, this redux is probably still one of the closest in my heart in making Hexblades fun. :smallsmile:
Supporting
Retooled Samurai -- T.G. Oskar
Addendums
I have read it and it was awesome, as Oskar's retools tend to be :smalltongue:Not a ninja support, nope, not at all :P

arguskos
2011-03-02, 06:16 PM
Nomination
The Retooled Samurai (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143018) -- T.G. Oskar
Addendum

This thing is awesome, and got almost no attention whatsoever. In fact, I'd be willing that few people here have actually given it a good once-over. I sure hadn't, until I started looking for a Samurai replacement for a player of mine, found it, and was like "woah :smalleek:". Now, it's my fix of choice.

Doc Roc
2011-03-02, 07:16 PM
Supporting
Addendums
I helped do a little proof-reading here. It really is both good and charming. It's a crying shame it went largely unnoticed, though I will add that it's a bit below the power-level which I find fundamentally interesting.

Saph
2011-03-03, 09:01 AM
Supporting

Nominating
Teleporter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168948) -- Saph
Addendums
I've always liked the idea of mages who focus on one particular type of magic. The Teleporter's quite a simple base class, similar in style and power level to the Beguiler - its abilities are very straightforward, but have a lot of variety in application. (Weaponising spells like Dimension Door is fun!)

Psyborg
2011-03-03, 11:07 AM
Nomination
The Third Axis of Alignment (Funky/Square) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55828) -- Kellus

Supporting
Teleporter -- Saph
Bez-Kismet -- T. G. Oskar
AddendumSpelling is incorrect. Link text reads "Bez-Kismit"; thread reads "Bez-Kismet". Consider this addendum withdrawn as soon as the matter is addressed.

Addendums
Jade Throne discipline
Swashbuckler Base Class
Fractal Bear monster
Falling Anvil discipline
Frogrider Template
Riftsink Base Class
Blade Incarnate PrC
Naked Knight PrC
Iron Rose Monster
Limit Dragoon
Blademaster
Whisper base class
Empty Skin Template

Third Alignment Axis (Funky/Square) -- Kellus

...or supported...
Sin Knight -- Pramxnim
Teleporter -- Saph
Wildrunner PrC -- Ajadea

Veyr
2011-03-03, 12:26 PM
Nomination
Sleeping Goddess Discipline (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98409) -- The Demented One

T.G. Oskar
2011-03-03, 01:26 PM
Nomination
Hopeful Swashbuckler Fix (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174613) -- RaveingRonin

Addendum

While slightly incomplete and deserving a good formatting, it's a honest attempt to make the swashbuckler more useful than the three levels it deals with. It dispatches the Duelist PrC, taking some of the most valuable abilities of the class and making crit-fishing easier regarding weapons that might need it. It works nicely as a standby between Rogue and Fighter (much like Daring Outlaw), but it stands on its own. Quite probably one of the few 'brews I'd allow on my table from someone else.

Psyborg
2011-03-03, 03:10 PM
Since I doubt Realms wants to bother checking them all, I did. The following current nominees are greater than two years old. Those with two or more supporters are noted with an asterisk and should be moved to the currently-empty Honorable Ancients gallery. I did not check anything that's already in a gallery.

*Warforged Armorlord -- Krimm Blackleaf
Cultist -- Realms of Chaos
*Warheart Items -- The Demented One and Krimm Blackleaf
a fighter fix -- Bears With Lasers (dating from December 2006, this is currently the oldest nominee)
Thaumaturge -- The Demented One (needs his name corrected/capitalized)
*The Capoerista -- Proven Paradox
*Wispfire Guide -- Owrthro (as of two days ago)
Core, Selena, and Telvar (Vestiges) -- SilverClawShift
10 Level Force Missile Mage -- RMS Oceanic (exactly. Happy birthday!)
The Third Axis of Alignment (Funky/Square) -- Kellus
Sleeping Goddes Discipline -- The Demented One (link is broken, has an extra h in "hhttp")

Also, From the Fires of the Forge -- Djinn_In_Tonic has a link leading to the right thread, but to a much later post in it.

Hope this was helpful.

Veyr
2011-03-03, 05:04 PM
Sleeping Goddes Discipline -- The Demented One (link is broken, has an extra h in "hhttp")
What, no it doesn't :smallwink: I actually meant to mention that it's older; sorry to make you run around like that.

Doc Roc
2011-03-03, 05:41 PM
Supporting
Teleporter -- Saph

Psyborg
2011-03-04, 11:59 AM
Nomination
Addendums

Supporting
Sleeping Goddess Discipline -- The Demented One

Jade Throne discipline
Swashbuckler Base Class
Fractal Bear monster
Falling Anvil discipline
Frogrider Template
Riftsink Base Class
Blade Incarnate PrC
Naked Knight PrC
Iron Rose Monster
Limit Dragoon
Blademaster
Whisper base class
Empty Skin Template

List of things I've already [b]nominated...Adamantly Magical [New Materials+] -- arguskos
Extorius, the Legion Unfounded [Blade Lord Vestige] -- lightningcat

...or supported...
Sin Knight -- Pramxnim
Sleeping Goddes Discipline -- The Demented One
Teleporter -- Saph
Wildrunner PrC -- Ajadea

flabort
2011-03-04, 10:08 PM
Supporting adamatly magical by arguskos

Temotei
2011-03-04, 10:12 PM
Supporting adamatly magical by arguskos

You'll need to format it properly. Just copy-paste either what's in the first post or in another's post (quoting, copying, hitting back, and then pasting works).

Owrtho
2011-03-05, 01:54 AM
Well, I'm glad I noticed this. Been fairly busy this past week or so, and as such haven't been on the boards enough to do much. So then, what should I nominate first. Well if it qualifies, I think I'll go with this.

Nomination
Ishka (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120354) -- Many people
AddendumSome of the homebrew may be of varying quality.

Just going with what I know off hand of the projects on the running tally list, so far, but I'll try looking into some others hopefully.

Supporting
Xenotheurgy -- Realms of Chaos
From the Fires of the Forge -- Djinn in Tonic
Le Cirque Funeste -- Mulletmanalive

Owrtho

Veyr
2011-03-05, 10:47 AM
Nomination
Completely Redone Artificer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146315) -- DaTedinator
Great fix - same neat flavor, eliminates massive balance issues.

Realms of Chaos
2011-03-05, 11:43 AM
Let's see... a link has been fixed, a name has been corrected, the lists have been updated, threads have been added to the honorable ancients gallery (and I'll be checking further submissions for age and marking them with an --HA), Psyborg is my new best friend forever (:smalltongue:) and... I think that covers it.

In response to flabort's post and the response to it: I think that it's probably okay. I prefer the formatting that we've set up and it makes it easier for me to see what's going on but the last thing that I'd want to do is make this thread inaccessible to anyone as this is supposed to gather the general consensus of the board.
As such, I appreciate it when people use the format but if you really can't be bothered, just make sure that it's clear what you're nominating/supporting and there won't be any problems. :smallbiggrin:

Also, for reasons I could hardly hope to fathom, from the fires of the forge, the wildrunner, the bladelords, and the nightsingers all seem to disappear from the tally whenever I put anything after them. They'll get permanent spots at the end of the list until this is fixed (if this can be fixed). Does anybody know what's going on here?

Temotei
2011-03-05, 01:23 PM
In response to flabort's post and the response to it: I think that it's probably okay. I prefer the formatting that we've set up and it makes it easier for me to see what's going on but the last thing that I'd want to do is make this thread inaccessible to anyone as this is supposed to gather the general consensus of the board.
As such, I appreciate it when people use the format but if you really can't be bothered, just make sure that it's clear what you're nominating/supporting and there won't be any problems. :smallbiggrin:

I like this. None of that stuck-up crap going on around here. No, sir. :smallcool:

Realms of Chaos
2011-03-05, 01:57 PM
Since I haven't nominated everything in over a week, here's a little number that I can't believe nobody else has put forth (unless they have and my memory is worse than I suspected:smallfrown:)

Nomination
The Way Words Work (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90961) -- Kellus

Veyr
2011-03-05, 02:17 PM
Since I haven't nominated everything in over a week, here's a little number that I can't believe nobody else has put forth (unless they have and my memory is worse than I suspected:smallfrown:)
I was totally going to nominate that tomorrow, heh. Support!

Stycotl
2011-03-05, 03:03 PM
supporting
sleeping goddess discipline––the demented one

jojolagger
2011-03-05, 04:01 PM
Supporting
Magitech in D&D 3.5 -- Welknair
Addendum
Has absolutely no place in a low magic game. Otherwise, Here, have a ray gun.

Barbarian MD
2011-03-05, 04:08 PM
Nomination
MEMBER OF THE MILITANT ARM OF THE RIGHT-HONORABLE, BOTH IN BATTLEFIELD CONDUCT AND IN MORE EVERYDAY CIVILITY, GNOMISH SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY AND THE PRACTICAL APPLICATION OF THE STORAGE OF ENERGIES OF MOTION IN WOODEN AND METAL ARMATURES AND THE RAPID RELEASE AND RESTORATION AFTER RELEASE OF THOSE ENERGIES FOR THE PURPOSE OF PROJECTING, WITH PRECISION, PROJECTILES, USUALLY OF A POINTED NATURE, FOR THE PURPOSE OF CAUSE HARM, FREQUENTLY TO POINT OF DEATH, AND IN RARE INSTANCES MEASURES BEYOND DEATH TO THOSE THAT GARL GLITTERGOLD WHOSE PRANKS ARE ALWAYS BOTH AMUSING AND INSTRUCTIVE, AGREES WITH OUR OWN HEARTS ON THE POINT THAT THE WORLD IS DECIDEDLY AND STRONGLY LIKELY TO BE A BETTER PLACE WITHOUT BEING IN SUCH CONDITIONS AS MAY FROM TIME TO TIME ALLOW THEM TO PROJECT FORCE UPON OTHERS BY MEANS OF MARTIAL ENDEAVOR. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6018203&postcount=5) -- DracoDei
Addendums
One of the most original, best fluffed pieces of homebrew I've ever seen on these boards.

Plus: gnomes riding blink dogs. :smallbiggrin:

Psyborg
2011-03-06, 01:48 PM
Nomination
13 New Luck Feats (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188989) -- Realms of Chaos
AddendumFlavorful, balanced, and generally useful. Also, it's about time luck-based characters got some homebrew love!:smallsmile:

Supporting
Ishka (campaign setting) -- countless
AddendumUrban-centric campaign settings are few and far between. Notable for averting the ubiquitous abuse potential of divination magic.The Way Words Work (Truenaming fix/rebuild) -- Kellus
MEMBER OF THE...GNOMISH SOCIETY... -- DracoDei

*chuckle* And there go two things off of my need-to-nominate-eventually list, and one that I'd shamefully overlooked (Ishka) thus far.

Jade Throne discipline
Swashbuckler Base Class
Fractal Bear monster
Falling Anvil discipline
Frogrider Template
Riftsink Base Class
Blade Incarnate PrC
Naked Knight PrC
Iron Rose Monster
Limit Dragoon
Blademaster
Whisper base class
Empty Skin Template

List of things I've already nominated...
13 New Luck Feats -- Realms of Chaos
Adamantly Magical [New Materials+] -- arguskos

...or supported...
Ishka campaign setting -- countless
Sin Knight -- Pramxnim
Teleporter -- Saph
The Way Words Work truenaming fix -- Kellus
Wildrunner PrC -- Ajadea

Temotei
2011-03-06, 02:46 PM
Nomination
40+ Skill Tricks (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9515968&postcount=1) -- Realms of Chaos

Supporting

Supporting
Miniature Golem -- Vaynor

Supporting

Supporting
The Extinguisher -- arguskos

Supporting
The Retooled Samurai -- T.G. Oskar

Supporting
Teleporter -- Saph

Cieyrin
2011-03-06, 03:06 PM
Supporting
40+ Skill Tricks -- Realms of Chaos

Veyr
2011-03-06, 05:30 PM
Supporting
13 New Luck Feats (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188989) -- Realms of Chaos
AddendumDo note that there are more than 13! If you scroll later in the thread, there's quite a few more, and they're good too!

Psyborg
2011-03-07, 03:27 PM
Nomination
Greater Totem Barbarian Project [ACFs] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157302) -- Admiral Squish + Countless Playgrounders

Supporting

Seriously, guys? Only one new nomination between this post and my last? Come on, this board is packed full of goodies. Get out there and nominate some!

Jade Throne discipline
Swashbuckler Base Class
Fractal Bear monster
Falling Anvil discipline
Frogrider Template
Riftsink Base Class
Blade Incarnate PrC
Naked Knight PrC
Iron Rose Monster
Limit Dragoon
Blademaster
Whisper base class
Empty Skin Template

Greater Totem Barbarian Project [ACFs] -- Admiral Squish + countless playgrounders

...or supported...
Sin Knight -- Pramxnim
Teleporter -- Saph
Wildrunner PrC -- Ajadea

Temotei
2011-03-07, 04:07 PM
Nomination
Deadwood (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9382290&postcount=1) -- DragoonWraith
Addendum The way the fluff mixes with the mechanics while still being fairly clear on both makes this one of my favorite homebrews.

Mulletmanalive
2011-03-07, 05:13 PM
Nomination
Eerie Traveller (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6387951&postcount=4) -- Djinn-in-Tonic
Addendum I rarely use other people's homebrew [mostly for powerlevel reasons] but this has proven an excellent, variable and interesting opponent to my players. Saddly no real data to be had...

Doc Roc
2011-03-07, 05:18 PM
Nominating
The stupidly excellent Libram Of Battle (http://sorcererstudios.com/forumdisplay.php?3-Libram-of-Battle)
Addendum

If you don't like this, you are a puppy-hating kitten-killing githyanki-loving dastard.

Supporting
Sagittarius Base Class, if I haven't already.

Cieyrin
2011-03-07, 06:36 PM
Nomination
Bladesinger Redux (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6004378#post6004378) -- ErrantX
Addendum You want a ToB Gish but don't want to play a JPM? Look no further! :smallbiggrin:
Supporting
Libram of Battle -- ErrantX and many more contributors

Temotei
2011-03-07, 09:16 PM
Supporting
Eerie Traveler -- Djinn_In_Tonic

Supporting
Libram of Battle -- ErrantX and many more contributors

Realms of Chaos
2011-03-08, 08:32 PM
Okay, I've just updated everything and I just realized that it's been awhile since I've nominated something so I'll use my weekly self-promotion to get this guy out there, a class that some people seem to like.

Nomination
The "Gambit" Fighter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140278) -- Realms of Chaos
Addendum Intended for higher-power games.

Kallisti
2011-03-09, 12:33 AM
Supporting
The Libram of Battle
Deadwood
Eerie Traveller

Psyborg
2011-03-09, 03:55 PM
Nomination
Falling Anvil Discipline (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122824) -- DracoDei
AddendumSurgeon General's Warning: Keep tongue firmly in cheek during use. Not for use by infants, chicks, cubs, kits, hatchlings, or the newly spawned.

Supporting
Deadwood -- DragoonWraith
Eerie Traveler -- Djinn_In_Tonic
Bladesinger Redux -- ErrantX
AddendumThis is a prestige class firmly attached to its rather sparse fluff. It's well done, but only suitable for a narrow range of character concepts.The "Gambit" Fighter -- Realms of Chaos
AddendumFills the same niche as a Warblade, but with an explicitly mundane flavor. Perfect if that's what you're looking for, but if you just want "competent melee" and don't care how you get it, there's a lot more homebrew support for martial classes than for this otherwise excellent one-off.

I now want to make a Witch/Goodwife with Leadership and her nine-year-old son as a Falling Anvil Swordsage cohort.

Jade Throne discipline
Swashbuckler Base Class
Fractal Bear monster
Frogrider Template
Riftsink Base Class
Blade Incarnate PrC
Naked Knight PrC
Iron Rose Monster
Limit Dragoon
Blademaster
Whisper base class
Empty Skin Template

Falling Anvil Discipline -- DracoDei
Greater Totem Barbarian Project [ACFs] -- Admiral Squish + countless playgrounders

...or supported...
Eerie Traveller -- Djinn_In_Tonic
Sin Knight -- Pramxnim
Teleporter -- Saph
Wildrunner PrC -- Ajadea

Veyr
2011-03-09, 04:08 PM
Can we make commentary on people's addendums? Because I strongly disagree with Psyborg's addendum to the Gambit Fighter - a "Warblade, but with a distinctly non-supernatural flavor" is just a Warblade. There is nothing supernatural about the Warblade or any of its native maneuvers (excepting maybe Lightning Throw). That statement doesn't add anything to the description of the Gambit Fighter (which I have not read yet, for full disclosure).

Psyborg
2011-03-09, 04:24 PM
@Veyr: Granted. Addendum wording altered to "...with an explicitly mundane flavor.", since some of the Warblade stuff (Diamond Mind focus-to-bend-reality, I'm looking at you) does have some aspects that, while not truly supernatural, are beyond the realm of the strictly mundane.

Cieyrin
2011-03-09, 04:53 PM
@Veyr: Granted. Addendum wording altered to "...with an explicitly mundane flavor.", since some of the Warblade stuff (Diamond Mind focus-to-bend-reality, I'm looking at you) does have some aspects that, while not truly supernatural, are beyond the realm of the strictly mundane.

People in the real world do amazing things through force of will alone. That's a lot of what Warblades do, using their minds and self-belief to push their physical skills beyond what people would consider normal. A lot of sports benefit a lot from having the mental fortitude to push oneself past where your body says it doesn't want to go.

Temotei
2011-03-09, 04:58 PM
People in the real world do amazing things through force of will alone. That's a lot of what Warblades do, using their minds and self-belief to push their physical skills beyond what people would consider normal. A lot of sports benefit a lot from having the mental fortitude to push oneself past where your body says it doesn't want to go.

For example, there was an old lady (60+, I think) some time ago with an apartment that started on fire. She owned a piano and loved it. Instead of escaping and letting it burn, she picked it up and carried it out before the firefighters got there.

Also, there are stories of people throwing cars off others.

Adrenaline combined with a strong will can do a lot.

Veyr
2011-03-09, 05:15 PM
(better idea: I'll take the discussion with Psyborg to PM, rather than derail this thread)

Doc Roc
2011-03-10, 01:30 AM
How hard am I going to get punched in the jaw if I nominate Legend?

arguskos
2011-03-10, 01:42 AM
How hard am I going to get punched in the jaw if I nominate Legend?
It's not available for full review yet, is it? That'd make it tough to read over. :smalltongue:

Doc Roc
2011-03-10, 12:43 PM
The alpha is, and that is quite close to what we're going to beta.

Veyr
2011-03-10, 01:23 PM
Nomination
Sarlithids (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177659) -- Edge
AddendumWork in progress, though there's still plenty of good, finished material in it.

flabort
2011-03-10, 02:01 PM
Supporting
Sarlithids -- Edge

Doc Roc
2011-03-10, 02:06 PM
Supporting
Sarlithids -- Edge

zagan
2011-03-10, 05:04 PM
Supporting
Sarlithids -- Edge

Veyr
2011-03-10, 10:01 PM
Wow, four Supports required for being added to the Galleria in four posts? I personally really like the Sarlithids, but I had no idea that they'd be so popular. Well done, Edge!

unosarta
2011-03-10, 11:11 PM
Nomination
Unusual for major base-class makeovers, there is prestige class support! The same thread contains five solid, usable, finished prestige classes. The support for archer and devout/holy Barbarians is particularly unusual, but well-done.

Um... wow. I didn't even realize anyone even remembered that project. I am currently playing a Barbarian in an online campaign, and the experience is surprisingly fun. Although I haven't gotten that much experience in, I might revise the class ever so slightly.

I am still surprised you remembered it.

Doc Roc
2011-03-10, 11:53 PM
Nominating
A Very Long Trip (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10534086)

DM Manual for AVLT available by request. Not posted due to ridiculous spoilers.

Cieyrin
2011-03-11, 10:16 PM
Nominating
The Dragoon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58445) - Karma Guard
Addendum
There've been a couple attempts to make Dragoons and this, in my opinion, is probably the best version I've seen on the boards, both in functionality and accuracy to the source material.
Supporting
Sarlithids -- Edge

Dragoon is over 2 years old, so it's potential Honorable Ancient material.

Realms of Chaos
2011-03-12, 11:35 PM
Done with studying for mid-terms for the moment and can finally update everything.

In regards to removing other people's addendums, I don't think that I'd go so far but if a point is disagreed upon, I'll definitely add a note saying that the addendum is contested (I think that's the proper term).

Doc Roc: Who should I credit a very long trip to? You posted up the link to the page but it sounds like multiple people have worked on the beta.

Doc Roc
2011-03-13, 01:25 AM
A Very Long Trip is a project in and of itself, one I am largely responsible for. For the Beta, if you want to nominate it..... Penny Dreadfuls. Would you give it a read?

Vauron
2011-03-13, 02:48 AM
Nominating
The Magister (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139935) -- arguskos

Supporting
The Way Words Work -- Kellus
Teleporter -- Saph

Ernir
2011-03-13, 11:27 AM
Nomination
Limb Loss (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156980) -- Psionic Dog
Addendums
Makes fundamental changes to how 3.5 combat works, which may have unintended consequences.

Cieyrin
2011-03-14, 10:28 PM
I'd like for it to be noted that the War-Marked is reformatted and on the forums in it's entirety for the first time ever. Go have a look and see what you think. If that means more support, well... :smallwink:

It's Here! :smallbiggrin: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10557741#post10557741)

Also, RoC, if you'd change the Galleria link over to the new one, that'd be awesome. :smallsmile:

Realms of Chaos
2011-03-16, 01:01 PM
Apologies for the delay in my response. Mid-terms have been pretty stressful on this end but they are thankfully wrapping up.

I acreddited the very long trip, changed the link to the war-marked, included the teleporter in the galleries (and hopefully corrected another weird error there that was causing things to disappear. :smallconfused:).

Psyborg
2011-03-16, 01:23 PM
Nomination
Menacing Manor PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172358) -- Owrtho
AddendumThis prestige class for the Ozodrin lets you make/become one seriously scary haunted house. Plus? It stays haunted after you die...

Supporting
Sarlithids -- Edge
AddendumUnfinished, though still being actively worked on as of this addendum's writing. The usable material here, however, is sufficiently awesome that I can't possibly support this strongly enough.The Magister -- arguskos
Addendum Approaches the flexibility of psionics with a completely different, distinctly "spellcaster magic"-al flavor. Delightful. Still a full caster, however, so the usual cautions about power levels apply (albeit not to Erudite or Archivist levels).
Note that this is a 3.5 remake/expansion on Monte Cook's Magister base class for Arcana Unearthed; credit for the concept and the basic idea behind several of the abilities goes to him.

Withdrawing Addendum
The Gambit Fighter -- Realms of ChaosPlease withdraw my existing addendum. Note that this is not a withdrawal of support. The discussion will it triggered, indeed, continue via PM as soon as I get the chance; given the dissension the addendum caused already, however, I'm going to be play it safe and remove the source of the controversy to eliminate any chance of hard feelings or, Pelor forbid, "addendum wars". :smalleek:

@unosarta: It is indeed a thoroughly awesome class. A Shifter Barbarian/Silvershaft/Cleric of the Silver Flame 1 lycanthrope hunter is probably my favorite concept I've never actually gotten to play. *chuckle*

Jade Throne discipline
Swashbuckler Base Class
Fractal Bear monster
Frogrider Template
Riftsink Base Class
Blade Incarnate PrC
Naked Knight PrC
Iron Rose Monster
Limit Dragoon
Blademaster
Whisper base class
Empty Skin Template

Falling Anvil Discipline -- DracoDei
Menacing Manor PrC -- Owrtho

...or supported...
Eerie Traveller -- Djinn_In_Tonic
The Magister -- arguskos
Sarlithids -- Edge
Sin Knight -- Pramxnim
Teleporter -- Saph
Wildrunner PrC -- Ajadea

unosarta
2011-03-16, 04:02 PM
@unosarta: It is indeed a thoroughly awesome class. A Shifter Barbarian/Silvershaft/Cleric of the Silver Flame 1 lycanthrope hunter is probably my favorite concept I've never actually gotten to play. *chuckle*

Heheheh, that is pretty awesome. So much angst/in character stuff/awesome.

Ernir
2011-03-17, 09:14 AM
Nomination
Invoker (*insert url*) -- DragoonWraith
Addendums
I, like quite a few who commented on the thread, don't like the alchemy portion of the class. Suggested ACFs are on the second page.

NecroticPunch
2011-03-17, 05:58 PM
Supporting
The Way Words Work (or, Truenaming that doesn't make me cry myself to sleep at night) -- Kellus
Addendums
Truespeak is a wee-bit hard to get to high checks...

Ernir
2011-03-18, 02:38 PM
Supporting
Teleporter -- Saph

Supporting
Community Based Monster Classes -- Oslecamo & others

Supporting
Addendum
Fundamentally changes melee in 3.5, which may have unintended consequences.

Addendum addition
Invoker -- DragoonWraith
Addendums
Current work on the class goes on here. (http://forum.faxcelestis.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21)

Mulletmanalive
2011-03-18, 06:43 PM
Nomination
Fae-o-matic. You find the folklore, I make the beasty! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151147) -- Me...
Addendums
I know its my work but I work hard on it and it'd be nice to see it go up in the "for our consideration" pile. I know some of the critters probably fare badly against spellcasters but I hate just tacking on spellcasting for the sake of it...

cooperflood
2011-03-18, 07:50 PM
Nomination
War Summoner (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8485772&postcount=11) -- zagan
Master Thief (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8776331&postcount=5) -- cooperflood

Supporting
Teleporter -- Saph
Libram Of Battle -- ErrantX and many more contributors
Sagittarius -- Kellus

Realms of Chaos
2011-03-20, 10:32 AM
Ugh, had my internet down for awhile but I've got myself set up so everything is updated. It's good to see that both the libram of battle and truespeech remake have made it into the gallery and I'm very glad that someone nominated the invoker as I've been looking for that class for quite awhile (*favorites*).

For the record, coperflood, the self-nomination is supposed to count as your nomination for the day, though I won't make a fuss out of it as it's already two days later anyways.

Supporting
Invoker -- DragoonWraith

Saph
2011-03-20, 11:15 AM
Glad so many like the Teleporter! That's really encouraging.

Supporting

Utterdark
2011-03-20, 04:56 PM
Supporting

Invoker -- Dragoonwraith

Nomination
Retooled Warmage (or, how I learned to stop whining and love the blasting) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131346) -- T.G. Oskar

LOTRfan
2011-03-20, 04:58 PM
Supporting

zagan
2011-03-20, 05:04 PM
Nomination
War Summoner (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8485772&postcount=11) -- zagan

*Speechless*

Thank you very much.
While I hoped to see my work nominated I didn't really expect it to happen. Really thank you.

Veyr
2011-03-20, 06:37 PM
Nominating
Bloody Reaper (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8473621&postcount=4) — ForeverCurious

Supporting
War Summoner — zagan
The Way Words Work — kellus

LOTRfan
2011-03-20, 06:47 PM
Supporting
Bloody Reaper — ForeverCurious

Ph@$3
2011-03-20, 07:18 PM
Supporting
Ozodrin-Owrtho

cooperflood
2011-03-20, 08:37 PM
Nominating
Battle Shifter (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74521)-The Demented One

@zagan: That PrC is truly one of my favorites and I think a lot of people have a tendency to overlook some of the good work done in those PrC contest. There are so many entries it's easy to miss some of the good stuff.

@Realms of Chaos: Yeah I was afraid it might, but I wasn't sure.

Doc Roc
2011-03-20, 09:24 PM
Glad so many like the Teleporter! That's really encouraging.

Supporting

And now it is my turn to be flattered. Means a lot, Saph. By the way, touch base with me some time soon, I have a project that needs a deft hand, and there might be actual fiscal rewards in it.

Jarian
2011-03-20, 09:48 PM
Nominating
Limit Dragoon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168962)-Morph Bark
Addendums:May not fit thematically with all games; class's main trick is limited inside dungeon crawl type games.

And call it my nomination for tomorrow if you like, but I rarely have time to check these threads. At the risk of appearing egotistical for nominating my own work...

Nominating
Ascendant Class Series - Jarian
Addendums:Series consists of three classes: Draconic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191429), Infernal (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191612), and Solar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191088). A game featuring one is expected to feature all three.

These classes assume a moderate level of optimization within a group, and would not fit well in a party without general optimization knowledge without significant reduction of their power.

Supporting
War-Marked -Penny Dreadfuls
Addendums:Experience with the class indicates that it assumes a moderate level of optimization within a group. May overshadow other party members if played in a low-to-mid level of optimization.

Teleporter -Saph
Addendums:None.

The Way Words Work (or, Truenaming that doesn't make me cry myself to sleep at night) -Kellus
Addendums:None.

The Parry Mechanic -Rizban
Addendums:Alters many of the fundamental expectations of melee combat. Some adjustment is necessary.

Cieyrin
2011-03-21, 10:22 AM
Supporting

Retooled Warmage -- T.G. Oskar

The Third Axis of Alignment (Funky/Square) -- Kellus -- HA

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-03-21, 10:29 AM
Supporting
Fae-o-matic. You find the folklore, I make the beasty! -- Mulletmanalive

Mulletmanalive
2011-03-21, 10:37 AM
Thanks Djinn. Just need one more now...

flabort
2011-03-21, 10:45 AM
Eh, may as well grant that wish...

Supporting

Saph
2011-03-21, 12:59 PM
And now it is my turn to be flattered. Means a lot, Saph. By the way, touch base with me some time soon, I have a project that needs a deft hand, and there might be actual fiscal rewards in it.

Cool, I will. :smallsmile:

Since so many people seem to like the Teleporter, I've added some new material for it: details here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10599227#post10599227).

Supporting
Limit Dragoon - Morph Bark

Realms of Chaos
2011-03-25, 10:40 AM
Everything is nice and updated, a few lazy errors in my coding were cleaned up, and everything is good to go. As I haven't so far...

Supporting
The War-Marked -- Penny Dreadfuls

Edit: Mulletmanalive, unless I'm missing something, I see only two pieces of support for the fae-o-matic (unless others retroactively added support in posts before you nominated it :smallconfused:) and it only seems to be a single year old so it would still need an additional 2 supporters. There is probably something that I am missing here so could you kindly point it out to me?

Mulletmanalive
2011-03-25, 10:50 AM
Nope, just me misreading things...occupational hazard with gamers...

unosarta
2011-03-25, 10:58 AM
Supporting
Addendums
Absolutely fantastic work, with support for D&D and also his own system. The Fae type is similarly fantastic, and just all around awesome work.

Veyr
2011-03-25, 11:28 AM
Nominating
Legend (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190340) — Penny Dreadfuls
Addendum
It's a new system, in beta, but definitely worthy of consideration.

Delegreg
2011-03-25, 12:37 PM
Supporting
the Ozodrin -- Owrtho
Addendums
D&D and gothic horror rolled into one, definitely not for every campaign, but oh-so charming. Did you know that Great Cthulhu has a +62 Grapple bonus ?

Noxsis
2011-03-25, 01:11 PM
Nominating
30+ New Dragons (more true dragons than the draconomicon) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169209)- zaydos

flabort
2011-03-25, 01:41 PM
Supporting
30+ 70+ new dragons (more true dragons than the dracanomicon) - Zaydos

Addendums:
Was until recently named "30+", hence why it was nominated as such by Noxis. currently actually at 89, which will be an obsolete number soon.
The thread title in the tab also reads "30+", but the first post states "70+" in it's post title, which is weird, since they normally match up.

Stycotl
2011-03-25, 02:13 PM
supporting:
Community Based Monster Classes -- Oslecamo & others

Ziegander
2011-03-25, 03:10 PM
Nominating (if it hasn't been already; if it has than just Supporting)
The Swordmage (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149724) - DragoonWraith

EDIT: I did not realize what the purpose of addendums were... my bad.

classy one
2011-03-25, 04:09 PM
I'd like to nominate Fate's blessed (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8789023&postcount=9).

Addendum
It seems like he got banned before he could take out the domains and mantles stuff, but if you ignore it this PrC makes luck much more doable.

The Harold and Kumer reference is nice too.

Utterdark
2011-03-25, 04:15 PM
Supporting
70+ New Dragons -- Zaydos

Also: Only two more people supporting The Way Words Work before it goes premium!

Doc Roc
2011-03-25, 06:29 PM
Nominating
The Best Assassin Ever (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151306), by Dragoonwraith
Possibly one of his best works, a really incredible accomplishment. Never got much attention.

Supporting
The Way Words Work

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-03-25, 06:32 PM
Nominating
The Best Assassin Ever (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151306), by Dragoonwraith
Possibly one of his best works, a really incredible accomplishment. Never got much attention.

Not supporting this without looking through it, but add the following addendum from me.

Addendum
This class relies heavily on existing homebrew. Be sure to make sure you want the required homebrew in your game and, if you don't, be prepared to edit the entry requirements heavily.

Doc Roc
2011-03-25, 06:33 PM
Not supporting this without looking through it, but add the following addendum from me.

Addendum
This class relies heavily on existing homebrew. Be sure to make sure you want the required homebrew in your game and, if you don't, be prepared to edit the entry requirements heavily.

I'd be willing to rewrite the entry requirements, given that I was the one who suggested he base it on our monk. A decision I suspect we both regret, perhaps.

Ernir
2011-03-25, 08:03 PM
The more recent versions of DW's Viz-Jaq'taar (http://wiki.faxcelestis.net/index.php?title=Viz-Jaq%27taar) don't rely on other homebrew to any great extent as far as I can currently tell.

Supporting
Viz-Jaq'taar -- DragoonWraith
Addendums
Potential DMs beware - the traps summoned by the class are very well hidden.
The class does makes a few unorthodox exceptions to 3.5 rules.
Supporting
Sagittarius -- Kellus

Supporting
Addendums
The class does not offer much in the way of bad options, making its optimization floor higher than is common in 3.5. I doubt it being appropriate at tables where making bad mechanical choices is generally practiced.
It gives warriors nice things, which may be frowned upon by some.
The class is currently only 14 levels long, and contains unfinished material.

EDIT: Oh, and screw it. I'm proud of this class, and I can self-nominate once per week for a reason.
Nomination
Fighter Incarnate (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153656) -- Ernir
Addendums
Obsoletes several core 3.5 classes, and makes no qualms about it. More powerful than many WotC warrior-esque options.

Mulletmanalive
2011-03-26, 06:54 PM
Mwahahahahahaha! Looks like your vigilance cannot keep me out any longer, Realms!

also:

Supporting
Monarch of Spite -- TheGeckoKing
The Measure of a Man --arguskos

Veyr
2011-03-26, 11:15 PM
Supporting
Fighter Incarnate — Ernir

Cieyrin
2011-03-28, 12:37 PM
Supporting
Legend — Penny Dreadfuls
Teleporter — Saph

LOTRfan
2011-03-28, 03:56 PM
Supporting
70+ New Dragons -- Zaydos

Timeless Error
2011-03-30, 03:28 PM
Nomination
The Warrior's Way: Rebalancing Blade and Bow (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192596) -- Ziegander

flabort
2011-03-30, 03:34 PM
Nominating
I want to see odd featsThe Pickled Feats thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192760) -- Various contributors
addendums:
None, or atleast few, of these are at all intended for serious play. Joke characters AT MOST.
Actual content starts at post 4.
There's a slew of Pickle themed feats, then I try to change the theme to kittehs, then somebody throws in dance, now it's all over the place.

Definitely a For Your Consideration, if it gets enough support, since none/few are actually balanced for actual play. Or, it may get it's own category for "Super Silly".
This may count as my self nomination.

3-31: The guy who started it with a request changed name of thread.

Iamyourking
2011-03-30, 03:49 PM
Call it prideful, but I'm very pleased with this.

Nomination
The High Caste Archons (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192403) -- Iamyourking
Addendums
Useful for much the same reasons that the entries in the much beloved Gates of Hell are

LOTRfan
2011-03-30, 04:43 PM
Supporting
The High Caste Archons (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192403) -- Iamyourking
I want to see odd feats (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192760) -- Various contributors

Realms of Chaos
2011-04-01, 09:07 PM
At long last, we have not one but two entries into the premium gallery (and the fae-o-matic has forced its way past the guards with its loyal army, curses :smalltongue:).

Classy One: As I believe has been stated in the OP, I'm trying to avoid using the adendums as a place to suggest mechanical changes to a class. I understand that the creator is gone and getting it changed officially isn't possible but I'm going to stick with what I originally said here, even though I kind of agree with you (though you are welcome to unspoil your addendum so that people reading the thread may see and consider it more easily).

Flabbort: I doubt that the pickle feat thread counts as your self-nomination for the week. It was a spontaneous collaborative effort between multiple individuals (myself included) so I'll consider it a freebie.

Fax Celestis
2011-04-01, 10:29 PM
Nomination
The d20r Paladin, v3.0 -- Fax Celestis
Addendums
Self-nomination, sure, but this is a piece I'm particularly proud of. Notes for adaptation to 3.5 are included at the end of the post.

Lord Vampyre
2011-04-01, 11:00 PM
Supporting
Descent of Shadows Project -- Realms of Chaos

I've loved the fluff for the Shadowcaster, and this actually makes it a viable option.

unosarta
2011-04-01, 11:06 PM
I really hate to plug work here, but...

Nomination
Sisters of Nature-- Expanded Nymphs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190186) -- Unosarta
Addendums
Has lesser nymphs for each caste (freshwater, land, trees, mountains, fire, ice, air and seawater), nymphs of destructive events (also associated with the previous castes), and greater nymphs (the head of the caste). Much more similar to Greek fey than most of the fey in 3.5 are.

Saph
2011-04-02, 02:59 AM
At long last, we have not one but two entries into the premium gallery

Damn, they pulled ahead of my Teleporter. Curses. :smalltongue:

Congrats to Kellus and the Penny Dreadfuls - they're both great pieces of work.

Doc Roc
2011-04-02, 08:06 PM
Damn, they pulled ahead of my Teleporter. Curses. :smalltongue:

Congrats to Kellus and the Penny Dreadfuls - they're both great pieces of work.

I do hope you will forgive us. :)

Jarian has just finished warmarked, which stuns me completely.

Realms of Chaos
2011-04-11, 10:57 PM
To be honest... no clue how I ended up letting this thread wither the way that I have. I'm not dead, the threads are updated, and I'm back with the resolution to check this thing (and my other active GitP works) daily (I even have a little check list :smallbiggrin:).

Kellus
2011-04-11, 11:15 PM
Wow, apparently people really like the Sagittarius. It was always one of my favourite classes, so I'm glad it'll be somewhere easy to find for people. :smallsmile:

Anyway, in the spirit of the thread, an OLD homebrew I always thought was excellent:

• Nomination: Programmed Constructs (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55682), by Dove

Addendum

First, it took me FOREVER to find this again. But anyway, it's a fantastic idea that I've really never seen come up before or since. It's modular, able to drop into any game or just use in a random encounter for the fun of it. It's the perfect kind of homebrew: it's easy to use, it's incredibly cool and fun, players have access to it, and it makes for some unforgettable fights. Amazing work, it's too bad she never really made anything else. Even if you don't think it's worth being in the gallery, at least take a look at it. You won't look at constructs the same way again.

Mulletmanalive
2011-04-12, 04:02 AM
Nomination
Believe it or not The Incredible Orc (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4131767&postcount=92) -- Bhu
Addendums
Yes, it's meant as a joke but I've used it against my players with hillarious results. The fact that this thing managed to beat a mech to death with a lamp-post is also worthy of note.

arguskos
2011-04-12, 12:21 PM
Nomination
The Astrologer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101423) -- PairO'Dice Lost
Addendum
An older work, but a really fantastic one and one of my favorites.

Mulletmanalive
2011-04-12, 01:09 PM
Supporting:
Programmed Construct -- Dove

Realms of Chaos
2011-04-13, 12:43 AM
So glad that somebody found the programmable constructs. I remember seeing that somewhere (proposed for one of the forum magazines that never took off, I think) but couldn't find it when I wanted to add it into one of my games.

Doc Roc
2011-04-13, 12:57 AM
So glad that somebody found the programmable constructs. I remember seeing that somewhere (proposed for one of the forum magazines that never took off, I think) but couldn't find it when I wanted to add it into one of my games.

Wow, those are good. Anyone know a way to reach Dove?

Makiru
2011-04-13, 04:18 AM
Nomination
Pirates vs. Ninjas (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130653) -- Dairun Cates
Addendums
It wouldn't be right if I didn't give this project some support. DC is my bud and to see his master thesis (you read that right) just be limited to our small group would be a great injustice to all the work he put into it and all the fun we've had beta-testing it.

Note: This system is inherently silly. While it can be used to decent effect for drama and suspense, the fact that there are pirates made 90% out of wood, ninjas that can turn into motorcycles, and a world conquering organization made up of mad scientists and card sharks, as core elements of the system, can defuse any kind of atmosphere the GM was trying to set up.

Just a little bit surprised this wasn't up here yet. That needed to be changed.

Doc Roc
2011-04-14, 03:46 PM
Supporting
Programmed Constructs.