PDA

View Full Version : I Need help to survive!

Sinpoder
2011-02-23, 12:26 PM
Ok that case that is going on is that I have a 24 level paladin, his mission from his god was to kill orcs so he got his hands on a +7 dread (orc) Holy & Lawful Power. I had another lower level guy ( 17th level Fighter ) that was suppose to kill the Orc Prince ( They made a massive attack on the Human kingdom and the prince was leading ) along with two other members and they all failed ( Mostly because our sorcer is a jerk and will not being any of us back ).

So this Orc Prince is going to interept my paladin with a group of orcs, around 20 or so from what I have gathered, all of them with around 400 hp and vorpal greataxes ( no idea what plus ) and then the orc prince himself ( possibly) I hate to say this but that paladin is my pride and joy of DnD characters, he is the highest level one I have ever had along with the most badass ( had levels in gray guard, so he can use his lay on hands to do damage to evil creatures so I have over 250 points of damage in one round )

The problem is that my paladin has no means of teleportation, and I have no idea what to do.

My Equipment is a Set of +5 heavy fort. Fullplate, his sword, boots of speed, 15 spell tiles of heal, belt of gaint str. +6, and cloak of charisma +6 and a ring of restistance +5 ( Custom item).

Any ideas..............

tuesdayscoming
2011-02-23, 12:39 PM
Could we get some more information on your circumstances? What is your paladin built to do? Do you know where/when this attack is going to take place? Do you have access to much divination magic? Do you have time to prepare an elaborate trap?

Sinpoder
2011-02-23, 01:14 PM
My guy was build for being the tank with personal healing powers ( lay on hands ) he has around 260ish hit points. My paladin heard of a Orc Kingdom ( the same one the prince is from ) and he is killing the surrounding area of orcs and stuff and he came by a group of 700 human females, most of which were pregent. So my guy used a teleportation scroll to go to his church to get a bunch of portable holes to put the women in and teleport them back. As he is going to teleport back, he will be attacked in the church of his god. ( which the orcs have cleared out of all priests and clerics ) So no I do not have time to make a trap.

O did I forget to mention that the orc prince is a archer with DISJUNCTION ARROWS with no save ( BS I know, but what can I do? ) I know that I will have to kill the orc prince first, I don't need my armor disjunted with a bunch of vorpal guys around me.

My guys crit range on his sword is 6-20 X2 ( Keen, Improved Crit, Power crit ( house rules that it increases your crit range by 1 because we do not call crits ) ) and as for Divination magic, he has nearly none besides the Paladin spell list ( His wisdom is a 14, so just enough to get 4th level spells )

NichG
2011-02-23, 01:20 PM
You were going to use a scroll to teleport back, so why not just teleport elsewhere to get the party's help, or teleport to a better position and trap the orcs in the church, or ...

Sinpoder
2011-02-23, 01:25 PM
Yea, but they will follow me and as for the rest of the party........... the only one left is the wizard and he will die before this happens, maybe...... I don't think our wizard ( who has been playing since 1ed. so he is experienced ) can surive 2 400ish hp orcs and a archer with disjuncting arrows...... but maybe I am not a believing.... person.

As for teleporting to a more defendable postion...... that would require me knowing of a better one, my fall back plan has always been my church.....

Telonius
2011-02-23, 01:52 PM
Okay, is that list of items exhaustive? What else do you have available? Everything you have on you, even if it's only a wheelbarrow. (I'm assuming that buying more items is not going to be possible at this point). What sort of terrain is it? What feats do you have? What sources are available?

Death Ward seems like a no-brainer if they're bringing Vorpal Axes to the party.

For the archer, your best bet might be to charge and sunder the bow, then get the ^&( out of there. Normally sundering is frowned-upon, as it destroys valuable loot; but loot is probably the least important thing in this situation.

Triaxx
2011-02-23, 01:53 PM
Strip before the encounter, and then teleport to a lake. Your naked Paladin can swim and laugh while the heavily armored Orcs drown.

That, or just teleport yourself into lava, and tell the DM you're refusing to count it as a character death because he knowingly threw you into an unwinnable situation and if he does it again you'll be using the DMG as an improvised weapon to perform Smite DM.

Actually it sounds unsurvivable, unless you beg the Orcs to take you prisoner. I guess that's where the DM is headed with it.

In any of the above cases I suggest discussing it with your DM. If he is planning a total party kill fine, but this is the wrong way to go about it.

Fable Wright
2011-02-23, 02:01 PM
If you can, try to get something like an antimagic bulwark or some such thing. Try to bring the magic out of the fight, if possible. While you lose a lot of things if you do so if you center it around yourself, you can still keep your sword- at a +7 attack bonus, it's an artifact, and so immune to it. The disjunction arrows and vorpal greataxes? They're not, and they lose that bonus. When you take the prince and his disjunction arrows out, then you dismiss the field and gain the magic back- after putting up a deathward to keep the vorpal greataxes from 1-hitting you. Then heal yourself and start orc-slaying.

Sinpoder
2011-02-23, 04:32 PM
O crap....... I completely forgot that deathward works against vorpal......... Thank you!!! O yes and I got a hold of my character sheet and I see that I have a ring of fire immunity so the lava thing might work!

Tyndmyr
2011-02-23, 04:36 PM
You have all their women, right? Challenge the prince to a duel for leadership. If he wins, he gets all the women. If you win, you take his place.

Then sunder the hell out of the bow.

Sinpoder
2011-02-23, 04:38 PM
That will not work because I have no gotten the women out of there yet....... and besides he knows where they are and he could just kill me and go get them.

tuesdayscoming
2011-02-23, 05:47 PM
The best thing to do might simply be to talk to (or silently trust in) your DM. This promises to be an extraordinarily difficult encounter, and it's quite possible that he is planning either that a) you go down in a blaze of heroic glory, dying for honor as any true paladin is prepared to do, or b) good ol' Deus ex Machina shows up in his +15 Plot Armor to save the day.

Sinpoder
2011-02-23, 07:53 PM
Yea.......... I have faith in my DM..... but not a whole lot. He once a long time ago had a character named Maxius who was like 30th level back in 1ed. ( Which is took into his 3.5 ed campain, making him like 100th level or something crazy like that ) Maxius was his pride and joy and his most favorite character in existince. I have told him that my paladin is my pride and joy and is in the same place as Maxius is to him.

Note: If any of you have a character like this you can imagine what lengths I have gone to to prevent my paladin from dieing........ and if he does win by some miracle he will be boosted to 53 level once he gets home...... I will explain that later.