PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 Feats] Grab Your Monocle and Top Hat!(Classy Feats)

Pyromancer999
2011-02-25, 10:44 PM
Background- This idea was too good to pass up making a bunch of feats for.

Classy Gentleman[Classy]
Prerequisites:Male gender
Benefit: Your classiness starts to show through, showing everyone that you are classy. You gain a bonus on Cha-based checks concerning members of high society equal to the number of Classy feats you have, except for those concerning the Intimidate skill. Also, you may choose any one skill from the Aristocrat NPC class skill list and may always treat it as though it were a class skill.As a free action, you may summon a monocle, top hat, and a classy outfit to be worn. Also, when in this state, you grow a stupendous mustache. This is the attire of a Classy gentleman. These items may be taken off with another free action, but Classy attire must be worn to make use of Classy feats.

Classy Lady[Classy]
Prerequisites:Female gender
Benefit: Your classiness starts to show through, showing everyone that you are classy. You gain a bonus on Cha-based checks concerning members of high society equal to the number of Classy feats you have, except for those concerning the Intimidate skill. Also, you may choose any one skill from the Aristocrat NPC class skill list and may always treat it as though it were a class skill. As a free action, the Classy Lady may summon a lovely and classy dress to be worn, a handy flower to be worn in the hair, and a lorgnette to see out of. These may be taken off as another free action, but this Classy attire must be worn to activate Classy feats.

Classy Gentleman Feats

Monocle Targeting[Classy]
Prerequisite: Classy Gentleman
Benefit: Your monocle helps you aim your ranged attacks. You gain a bonus to ranged attack rolls equal to 1/2 the number of Classy feats you have.

Monocle's Sight[Classy]
Prerequisite: 6th level, Classy Gentleman Monocle Targeting
Benefit: By gazing through your monocle, you may see further and see things others might not. You gain a bonus to Spot checks equal to 1/2 the number of Classy feats you have, and also have your sight treated as though you were under the effect of a See Invisibility spell. The See Invisibility effect may be used a number of times per day equal to 1/2 the number of Classy feats you have, and lasts for a number of minutes equal to the number of Classy feats you have.

Monocle Sees All[Classy]
Prerequisite: 9th level, Classy Gentleman, Monocle's Sight, Monocle Targeting
Benefit: For a number of times per day equal to 1/2 the number of Classy feats you have, you may treat yourself as though under the effect of the True Sight spell. This lasts for a number of rounds equal to the number of Classy feats you have.

Excellent Top Hat[Classy][Classy]
Benefit: Your top hat is so excellent that people tend to look at it rather than wonder who you are. You gain a bonus to Disguise equal to 1/2 the Classy feats you have.

Magic Top Hat[Classy]
Prerequisite: Classy Gentleman, Excellent Top Hat, 6th level
Benefit: You have learned how to pull things out of your great-looking top hat, the least of which are equipment and creatures. As a standard action, for a number of times per day equal to 1/2 the Classy feats you have, you may pull out either one object weighing no more than 1 pound per Classy feat you have, or one monster as per a Summon Monster spell of level equal to 1/2 the number of Classy Feats you have. Any templates applied to creatures are removed and all creatures gain the benefit of the Classy template. Creatures and Equipment stay for 1 minute per Classy feat you have. Equipment cannot be magical items of any sort, and disappears after 1 round should it ever be taken out of your hands.

Grand Top Hat
Prerequisite: Classy Gentleman, Magic Top Hat, Excellent Top Hat
Benefit: Your Top Hat becomes so grand that it inspires awe in your opponents. Once per encounter per 3 Classy feats you have, as a standard action, you may invoke the grandness of your Top Hat to put your opponents in their place. This effect grants a penalty to all saves equal to 1/3 the number of Classy feats you possess to all enemies within 10 feet per Classy feat you have.

Great Mustache[Classy]
Benefit: Once per encounter per two Classy feats you have,as a standard action, you may cause your mustache to grow enough that it provides a measure of protection. This grants a bonus to AC equal to 1/2 the number of Classy feats you have. This lasts for 1 round per Classy feat you possess.

Awesome Mustache[Classy]
Prerequisite: Classy Gentleman, Great Mustache, 6th level
Benefit: Your mustache becomes almost like an appendage to you. You may now lengthen and manipulate your mustache so that you can use it almost like a second set of arms. You may use your mustache as though it were your hands. You may pick up objects with it, use it for the Somatic parts of spells. Additionally, you may use it to attack. This is treated as a tentacle attack sized for you.

Gentleman's Mustache[Classy]
Prerequisite: Classy Gentleman, Awesome Mustache, Great Mustache, 9th level
Benefit: Your mustache becomes like a living being. As a standard action, once per day per Classy feat you have, you may cause your mustache to grow and jump off you, becoming a creature to attack your opponents. Your mustache is treated as a Medium-sized Animated Object, except that the slam attacks have been replaced with tentacle attacks, and gains a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to 1/2 the number of Classy feats you have. The size of your Mustache increases by one size for every three Classy Feats you have. The mustache fights for two rounds per Classy feat you have.

Dandy[Classy]
Prerequisite: Classy Gentleman. 3rd level
Benefit: You're a dandy, charming commoner and noble alike, especially the lady members of those social classes. Your bonus to Cha-based checks concerning members of high society expands to include Cha-based checks against anyone. This bonus now equals the number of Classy feats you have, and you gain an additional +1 bonus concerning all members of the opposite gender.

Wandering Dandy[Classy]
Prerequisite: Classy Gentleman, Dandy, 6th level
Benefit: You have become used to wandering, and getting out of certain.....situations. Once per day per three Classy feats you possess, you may activate the stance of the Wandering Dandy. You act as though under the effect of the Haste spell, except that this is an Extraordinary ability, and lasts for a number of rounds equal to 1 + 1/2 the number of Classy feats you have.

Classy Lady Feats

Lorgnette's Acumen[Classy]
Prerequisite: Classy Lady
Benefit: You learn how to use your lorgnette to gain insight into matters. You gain a bonus to Knowledge checks equal to 1/2 the number of Classy feats you have.

Lorgnette's Sight[Classy]
Prerequisite: 6th level, Classy Lady, Lorgnette's Acumen
Benefit: By gazing through your lorgnette, you may see further and see things others might not. You gain a bonus to Spot checks equal to 1/2 the number of Classy feats you have, and also have your sight treated as though you were under the effect of a See Invisibility spell. The See Invisibility effect may be used a number of times per day equal to 1/2 the number of Classy feats you have, and lasts for a number of minutes equal to the number of Classy feats you have.

Opera Mask's View[Classy]
Prerequisite: 9th level, Classy Lady, Lorgnette's Sight, Lorgnette's Acumen
Benefit: The Opera Mask allows a Classy person to see everything as it truly is. For a number of times per day equal to 1/2 the number of Classy feats you have, you may treat yourself as though under the effect of the True Sight spell. This lasts for a number of rounds equal to the number of Classy feats you have.

Lady's Lovely Flower[Classy]
Benefits: You learn how to use the flower in your hair to make yourself more appealing to everyone. Your bonus to Cha-based checks concerning members of high society expands to include Cha-based checks against anyone. This bonus now equals the number of Classy feats you have, and you gain an additional +1 bonus concerning all members of the opposite gender.

Lady's Charming Flower[Classy]
Prerequisite: 6th level, Classy Lady, Lady's Lovely Flower
Benefit: You learn how to use the flower in your hair to make you look charming.....literally. Once per day for every three Classy Feats you have, you may treat someone you know as though they were affected by a Charm Monster spell, except that the effect is extraordinary, and the target gains a +3 bonus to their saving throw if not of a species attracted to yours.

Lady's Fighting Flower[Classy]
Prerequisite: 9th level, Lady's Charming Flower, Lady's Lovely Flower
Benefit: You learn how to bring your flower to temporarily grow your flower and bring it to life. Your flower is treated as a Small-sized Animated Object, except that it has the Plant type, has a Con and Wis score of 10, gains a bonus to Dexterity equal to the number of Classy feats you have, may use Dexterity instead of Strength on its attack rolls, and gains a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to 1/2 the number of Classy feats you have. The size of your flower increases by one size for every three Classy Feats you have. The flower fights for two rounds per Classy feat you have.

Lady's Glamorous Dress[Classy]
Benefit: You gain the ability to use your dress to disguise yourself. This acts as though you were under the Disguise Self spell, except that you must remain in some kind of apparel that is classy when under the effect.

Dress's Folds[Classy]
Prerequisite:6th level, Classy Lady, Lady's Glamorous Dress
Benefit: The folds of the Classy dress you have may now be used to hide objects. As a free action, you may store any object away in a secret space under your dress's folds. This space can hold 2 cubic feet of material per Classy feat you have. As a standard action, once per day per two Classy feats you have, you may attempt to store one creature of no larger than Medium size under your dress. This lasts for a number of rounds equal to the number of Classy feats you have, and deals 1d4 damage per round, as the person hidden damages themselves trying to leave your dress's folds.

Petal Dance[Classy]
Prerequisite: 9th level, Dress's Folds, Lady's Glamorous Dress, Classy Lady
Benefit: You learn how to do the rare, classy, and highly appreciated Petal Dance, showing the world your classy beauty. Once per encounter per three Classy Feats you have, you may perform the Petal Dance. This dance lasts for 1 round per Classy feat you possess, and all enemies within line of sight are treated as fascinated for the duration of this effect.

Lady Detective[Classy]
Benefit: You learn how to solve mysteries. You gain a bonus to Spot and Listen checks equal to 1/2 the Classy feats you have. These bonuses stack with any existing bonuses to these skills.

For All the Boys and Girls

Classy Weapon[Classy]
Prerequisite: Classy Lady or Classy Gentleman
Benefit: You learn how to summon a Classy weapon almost at-will. As a move action, you may summon a Classy Weapon. Choose one weapon. This becomes your Classy Weapon, and is always of Masterwork quality. You are always treated as proficient with this weapon, and gain a bonus to attack and damage rolls with this equal to 1/2 the number of Classy feats you have.

Classy-Fy[Classy]
Prerequisites: Classy Lady or Classy Gentleman, Classy Weapon, 6th level
Benefit: Once per week, you may attempt a special attack with your Classy Weapon(Reflex saves). If the target fails their will save, they automatically have the Classy template applied to them, and have their attitude towards you changed to Helpful. Also, once per day per three Classy feats you have, you may grant a target ally within 5 ft per Classy feat you posses the benefit of one Classy feat you possess, not including this one. They are treated as though they had 1/2 the Classy feats you do(rounded up). This benefit lasts for 1 round per Classy feat you have.

Fisticuffs[Classy]
Prerequisites: Classy Lady or Classy Gentleman, 6th level
Benefit: You have learned the art of fisticuffs. You gain the unarmed strike of a monk of level equal to the number of Classy feats you have, and may, once per day per two Classy feats you have, make a Classy Punch, dealing additional damage equal to the number of Classy feats you have.

Going Intrepid On Your Finery[Classy]
Prerequisites: Classy Lady or Classy Gentleman, Fisticuffs, 9th level
Benefit: As a standard action, once per day per three Classy feats you have, you may Go Intrepid on your enemies' finery. You enter a state akin to a 1st level Barbarian's rage, except that in this state you can use the Monk's Flurry of Blows class feature as a monk of level equal to 1/3 the number of Classy feat you have,

The Classy Template

For many, Classiness is something to be learned, that helps them develop into refined individuals. However, sometimes by the Grace of Nature or the Grace of a Classy Person, some individuals are classy by Nature. These are Classy creatures.

Creating a Classy Creature
The Classy template may be applied to any sentient creature.

Feats:Classy creatures retain any feats they have, and gain the Classy Gentleman/Classy Lady feat(as appropriate to gender type) and one other Classy feat of its choice as bonus feats.
Ability Scores:+2 Int, +2 Cha, +2 Dex. If any of the scores this ability gives bonuses to is less than 10, the ability score is increased to 10 before the ability score bonus is applied.
CR:+2
LA:+2

That's all for now! Please comment and PEACH!

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-26, 08:20 AM
Hmmm... interesting idea but I just wanted to point something out.

Having women wear an opera mask outside of an opera might come across as less "classy" and more "surreal" or "creepy".

Eurus
2011-02-26, 08:25 AM
Hmmm... interesting idea but I just wanted to point something out.

Having women wear an opera mask outside of an opera might come across as less "classy" and more "surreal" or "creepy".

Perhaps a lorgnette (http://www.eyeglasseswarehouse.com/images/20-38-7.jpg) would fit better. Seems much more appropriate as an accessory for a classy lady. Also, I'm impressed. You could actually stat out Gentleman Cho'Gath now.

Gnorman
2011-02-26, 08:26 AM
Is there a reason Classy Gentlemen don't receive a bonus to Intimidate, but Classy Ladies do?

Pyromancer999
2011-02-26, 09:56 AM
Perhaps a lorgnette (http://www.eyeglasseswarehouse.com/images/20-38-7.jpg) would fit better. Seems much more appropriate as an accessory for a classy lady. Also, I'm impressed. You could actually stat out Gentleman Cho'Gath now.

True, a lorgnette would work better. Feats changed a bit to incorporate lorgnette. Still, what's Gentleman Cho'gath?

Is there a reason Classy Gentlemen don't receive a bonus to Intimidate, but Classy Ladies do?

Oops, forgot to include the Intimidate exception to the Cha bonus. Changed.

Tanuki Tales
2011-02-26, 10:55 AM
I don't think the Classy template is really worth a +2 CR bump or a +2 LA. It gives two somewhat weak feats (unless you plan to sink all your feats into Classy feats) and gives +2 to 3 stats. That's hardly worth 2 class levels or 2 racial HD.

Pyromancer999
2011-02-26, 11:18 AM
I don't think the Classy template is really worth a +2 CR bump or a +2 LA. It gives two somewhat weak feats (unless you plan to sink all your feats into Classy feats) and gives +2 to 3 stats. That's hardly worth 2 class levels or 2 racial HD.

Hmmmm.... True. Perhaps +1 to CR and LA instead?

Eldan
2011-02-26, 11:24 AM
Pip-pip, tally-ho, I say!

Pyromancer999
2011-02-26, 11:29 AM
Pip-pip, tally-ho, I say!

Spot on, lad!

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-26, 11:34 AM
You should probably state that magical top-hat can't produce magical items...

Also, I'm rather sad that these feats would never see use in any campaign that I've ever taken part in. I can't picture these feats going into anything other than a raw comedy campaign (not that there's anything wrong with this :smalltongue:)

Eurus
2011-02-26, 11:49 AM

Also, I'm rather sad that these feats would never see use in any campaign that I've ever taken part in. I can't picture these feats going into anything other than a raw comedy campaign (not that there's anything wrong with this :smalltongue:)

Maybe a high-magic Victorianapunk campaign? I dunno, they're pretty niche no matter how you look at it, heh.

Eldan
2011-02-26, 11:51 AM
Spot on, lad!

And God save the king.

Pyromancer999
2011-02-26, 11:52 AM

D'oh! True.

Actually, I've convinced the DM of a friend of mine to use them in his campaign. This means something, because while the guy appreciates a little humor, he doesn't like it infecting his campaign like wildfire. For this purpose, we just said that characters with Classy feats were members of either S.O.C.I.A.L. (Society of Classy, Important, Awesome Ladies) or M.O.N.O.C.L.E.(Men's Only Naturalistic Omnipotent Classy Lawman's Elite). These organizations support aristocracy and its ways across all countries, and do their best to secure the power of the Classy elite. So, if you ever want to use these in a serious campaign, just use those organizations, and I think you'll be good to go.

Realms of Chaos
2011-02-26, 12:24 PM
Actually, I've convinced the DM of a friend of mine to use them in his campaign. This means something, because while the guy appreciates a little humor, he doesn't like it infecting his campaign like wildfire. For this purpose, we just said that characters with Classy feats were members of either S.O.C.I.A.L. (Society of Classy, Important, Awesome Ladies) or M.O.N.O.C.L.E.(Men's Only Naturalistic Omnipotent Classy Lawman's Elite). These organizations support aristocracy and its ways across all countries, and do their best to secure the power of the Classy elite. So, if you ever want to use these in a serious campaign, just use those organizations, and I think you'll be good to go.

Really? :smallconfused:

I'm just imagining battlecries of "Protect me, noble 'stach" and "Crush him, my flower". While this type of stuff would make sense for spellcasters who want to look classy, I'm imagining these cries coming from otherwise normal people who have levels in NPC classes, gaining downright supernatural powers simply due to "the power of class". I'm picturing normal dirt farmers with this feat raking up leaves and butchering pigs in full fancy gear. I'm picturing... so much stuff.

That said, I suppose that you are right. Light-heartedness may be the default here but how things go depends on how the feats are used.

Edit: You may want to specify that gear created through classy lady/gentlemen disappears when removed so that players don't start selling millions of monacles.

Welknair
2011-02-26, 12:29 PM
I have a half-orc barbarian in my party that will be quite interested in this... He already has the attire.

Pyromancer999
2011-02-26, 01:14 PM
I have a half-orc barbarian in my party that will be quite interested in this... He already has the attire.

Interesting :smallbiggrin:. Currently, I'm thinking that maybe, if you're a Barbarian, Going Intrepid On Your Finery should maybe act as the rage of a barbarian of your level, instead of a 1st level rage.

John Cribati
2011-02-26, 03:08 PM
Monocle Targeting[Classy]
Prerequisite: Classy Gentleman, Monocle Targeting

Seems to be having some issues with recursion, and not just in the quoted case. I mean, you need to have Classy Feats in order to make the Classy Feats effective.

Galileo
2011-02-26, 04:04 PM
So, this is what happened here! (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1425)

I say! These feats seem rather marvellous for an Eberron dragonmarked heir adventurer. A dashing fop who regales his fellow dandies with tales of derring-do in the far off jungles of Xen'drik, driving off those drow natives. I hear they lay eggs in their victims' carcasses, don'tcha know.

Excellently done. Bravo, sirrah.

Pyromancer999
2011-02-26, 04:08 PM
Really? :smallconfused:

I'm just imagining battlecries of "Protect me, noble 'stach" and "Crush him, my flower". While this type of stuff would make sense for spellcasters who want to look classy, I'm imagining these cries coming from otherwise normal people who have levels in NPC classes, gaining downright supernatural powers simply due to "the power of class". I'm picturing normal dirt farmers with this feat raking up leaves and butchering pigs in full fancy gear. I'm picturing... so much stuff.

That said, I suppose that you are right. Light-heartedness may be the default here but how things go depends on how the feats are used.

Edit: You may want to specify that gear created through classy lady/gentlemen disappears when removed so that players don't start selling millions of monacles.

Well, there wouldn't be so many farmers, as they wouldn't really be into that kind of stuff, or at least I don't think. Other types of commoners might, though. Oh, and yeah, that limitation needs to be put in. Still, let me assure you that Classy feats are for ALL individuals with Class, regardless of station in life.

Seems to be having some issues with recursion, and not just in the quoted case. I mean, you need to have Classy Feats in order to make the Classy Feats effective.

Oops! Changed.

So, this is what happened here! (http://questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=1425)

I say! These feats seem rather marvellous for an Eberron dragonmarked heir adventurer. A dashing fop who regales his fellow dandies with tales of derring-do in the far off jungles of Xen'drik, driving off those drow natives. I hear they lay eggs in their victims' carcasses, don'tcha know.

Excellently done. Bravo, sirrah.

*Bows* Thanks! You found one of the sources of my inspiration for these feats, but inspiration was also found from these two specific (http://nerf-this.com/a-hero-is-born/) comics (http://nerf-this.com/stealing-hearts/), in addition to some other comics on the same site.

Dracomortis
2011-02-26, 04:42 PM
Might I suggest, my dear fellow, that you endeavor to create a handful of feats for use with a cane (an accessory that no true gentlemen leaves home without)?

Pyromancer999
2011-02-26, 10:02 PM
Might I suggest, my dear fellow, that you endeavor to create a handful of feats for use with a cane (an accessory that no true gentlemen leaves home without)?

Hmmm..... Well, you could select a cane as a Classy Weapon. Just treat it as a quarterstaff. After all, as a weapon, a cane would be just the Classy version of a quarterstaff. From there, I suppose I could create a few feats expanding upon the Classy Weapon feat, I suppose. Would that be satisfactory?

Welknair
2011-02-27, 12:05 AM
My barbarian wants to replace Improved Bullrush with Classy Gentleman... I'm considering allowing it.

John Cribati
2011-02-27, 12:28 AM
By the way, I'm currently gestalting as a Battle Dancer//Barbarian with Vow of Poverty... I'll be using all VOP bonus feats to become the classiest darned Dancing Barbarian there is!

Pyromancer999
2011-02-27, 09:20 AM
My barbarian wants to replace Improved Bullrush with Classy Gentleman... I'm considering allowing it.

That sounds reasonable, although I'd reccomend maybe a minor side quest to justify the switch.

By the way, I'm currently gestalting as a Battle Dancer//Barbarian with Vow of Poverty... I'll be using all VOP bonus feats to become the classiest darned Dancing Barbarian there is!

Good show!

Galileo
2011-02-27, 02:36 PM
That sounds reasonable, although I'd reccomend maybe a minor side quest to justify the switch.

My DM let me spend a few nights attending galas thrown by the queen and other such classy deeds to let me get the Classy feats added to my bonus feat list. Now I strike down evil wearing a monocle. Life is good.

Pyromancer999
2011-02-27, 04:31 PM
My DM let me spend a few nights attending galas thrown by the queen and other such classy deeds to let me get the Classy feats added to my bonus feat list. Now I strike down evil wearing a monocle. Life is good.

Your DM is quite the genius! Also, possible ideas for more Classy feats:

- A couple detective-based ones
- One or two for a Harrowed PrC I hope to find the time to make, where you have a Classy Monster Within!
-Maybe some monstrous ones
-Couple more expanding on Classy Weapon

So, what do you all think on these ideas?

Welknair
2011-02-27, 07:10 PM
Relevant poster is relevant?

http://i.imgur.com/fdYdk.jpg

Where's his top hat? :smallconfused:

Morph Bark
2011-02-27, 07:20 PM

If this would be done this way, I would fullheartedly approve.

Heck, I'll tip my tricking mad hat at your monocle, Pyromancer. :smallwink:

Pyromancer999
2011-02-27, 09:18 PM
Relevant poster is relevant?

http://i.imgur.com/fdYdk.jpg

Yes, that would be relevant. I think Classy Villains should be some of the more fun NPCs.

If this would be done this way, I would fullheartedly approve.

Heck, I'll tip my tricking mad hat at your monocle, Pyromancer. :smallwink:

*Bows* Thank you, thank you. Also, thanks to you, I've just started thinking about a Mad Hatter Classy feat or two. After all, even if he's bonkers, the Mad Hatter is one of the Classiest characters in literature.