PDA

View Full Version : Yet another question thread by AnonymousD&Der.

AnonymousD&Der
2011-02-26, 07:19 PM
I'd probably get more responces if I made my questions more dirrect... with that in mind, Questions will be based on the d20 3.5 System, with a wide variety of books available. Internet sources are also good.

I should delete the questions I feel I've recieved contented answers to, and restart the list again. I've got most of the info that randomly respawned in my head. I just need a few other things.

A) Recommendable Feats for a Human Cloistered Cleric Archer using a Composite Longbow. Not sure if Combat Reflexes would work with a Bow or not. Only Energy Bows have anything close to a non homebrewed Power Attack, if I remember right. And the Elf thing seemed like too much of a stretch to our DM, so our little learner might be taking the War Domain, if not the Weapon Proficiency Feat. Zen Archery at 3rd Level is a given, Definitely, but we are still unsure if it applies to just Bows or possibly Crossbows to avoid the Weapon Proficiency crap, and we dunno how to remove the reload = move action bull that would prevent her from being able to attack much with it. Not that she intends to do much damage as a Cleric. They may be the Divine Gods, but she intends to be a support character. Meh. I'ma just cut stuff, so I don't care. Although I wonder about figuring out how to get her Haste and Enlarge Person so she can buff me and I can kick some more butt.

B) Got to reading through what some of the feats I had before did. Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Initiative (although since it's a bonus feat from a very limited list, I still might keep it), Shock Trooper (Cleave is being replaced at 1st level with Reckless Attack, which does this without needing Improved Bull Rush), Iron Heart Aura (again, limited bonus feats), and Leap of the Heavens (I still kinda want it, but I don't think have the room for it... :smallfrown:) are all filler feats and easily able to be replaced. I wanted to work several different feats in, but found reason to decide against them:

*I was recommended a Transmuting Weapon to get over damage reduction provided by using just a slashing weapon (although I gotta figure out how to use Weapon Upgrades. I mainly know how to spam spells... ^_^;). So Weapon Tricks is a waste of a Feat Slot.

*Two Handed Power Strike doubles my Strength Mod instead of a 1.5 boost. Leap Attack doubles my Power Attack Damage, Trippling if using a 2 Handed Weapon. That's a no brainer.

*Deft Lunge is good, removing Armor Check for Attack Rolls (Sacrifing Defense for the ability to hit to be able to kill is a good trade), but it requires I take Combat Expertise before it. So over all, it's not quite good enough to be worth 2 feat slots.

My ideal progression now is (all bonus feats will be bolded):

1-Power Attack, Reckless Attack (I wonder if I can combine Reckless and Power Attack. The feat says I can, but I wonder by how much I could crank them both up and be reliable still. Power less so, but still, reducing both my Armor Class and To Hit to crank up my damage, then Leap Attacking to do some major non-munchkin-grade-damage)
3-Gigantic Weapon (of all the new feats, it is the most fillerish, but it's also a cool feat for roleplaying purposes, and the damage provided from a Huge {if Enlarged or given a magical effect for size, Gargantuan} Weapon is awesome {although not as high as that Uber Munchkin-Grade Charge Holy-Crap-Hax Build}
5-Combat Reflexes (if this wasn't a Warblade Bonus Feat, I'd have put it into my build earlier than level 5!)
6-Better_Filler_Feat 1 (will explain in a bit).
9-Better_Filler_Feat 2, Blind Fight
12-Robilar's Gambit (wasn't there another feat that I could take that works like Robilar's Gambit? I thought there was. I only ask out of curiosity. Robilar's Gambit wins for having the best name in existance either way, unless the other Feat is even more awesome, like penalising others for swinging at me and still giving me my extra chance at attacks of opportunity)
13-Quick Draw (I'll probably just carry my sword with me unsheathed until this level. I'll just hold it on my back for a while. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WeaponAcrossTheShoulder)
15-Better_Filler_Feat 3
17-Improved Initiative (or maybe Run, or Endurance or something. Doesn't seem like it'd be all that useful at this point. Maybe there's a combo I can do with one of the extra feats and my final feat slot. Suggestions are welcome.)
18-Final Feat Slot

*The Better_Filler_Feat slots are because I can't decide which or what of my spare options I want to take soonest. The Filler Feats that I'm definitely taking no questions asked include Wild Cohort, Leap Attack, and Travel Devotion. The Final Feat Slot is incase we find a bonus feat to replace Improved Initiative and can be comboed with another feat. Otherwise, it'd just be another option for the Better_Filler_Feats, and 1 of those 4 feat slots could be filled by Adaptive Style (another feat probably better at a later level so I could have more options to Adapt with if need be mid fight), The Final Lesson (if I miss with Power Attack but could have hit, this Feat makes it so I do hit, but do only Weapon Damage and Weapon Enhancement Damage, with no bonuses otherwise what-so-ever {not sure if Boosts would be filed under Weapon Enhancement Damage or User Enhancement Damage, but either way, it's still fixing a missed hit, so cool beans}), and Combat Tactics (which lets me lose one of my attacks per round if I was doing a full attack, and use it to make another attack more accuracte {doesn't transfer any bonuses or upgrades, just the bab to the roll, at least as far as I know. The example given was a Fighter with +13/+8/+3 Bab used this feat and changes his full attack for a turn to +13/+11}). If you have any 1 feat that (a) beats out the remaining 3 options I would use for that last slot, and/or (b) combos with the final Warblade pre-epic Bonus Feat, feel free to let me know! I'll post the exact definition of any feat anyone is curious about if need be, but anyone that already knows and wants to provide suggestions on what should go where, feel free to speak up.

C) I've heard on a few threads about Animated Shields... While I'm looking through the DMG to figure out how to upgrade Weapons, I should probably look for a section to tell me how to use a Shield... anyone wanna give me a newbie's guide to how the heck a shield works? The last shield I used was a party member.

D) I've stated this before, but I'ma state it again here as it's own question, just for emphasis. I wanna take Wild Cohort so I can have me a flying mount. The bird doesn't have to be awesome at combat (although it seems like it'd be hard to be big enough to carry people and fly at the same time, and -not- be awesome at everything, let alone combat). It just has to be big enough to be able to carry about 5 people... what is that, like 500-700 pounds (thank God for Bags of Holding!)? Any flying animal I'd be able to get from 6th Level up for the Wild Cohort feat?

E) Another reminder. Huge Weapon Feat + (Spell / Item of Make me and my Weapon Bigger or considered a size bigger) = 36 base damage per hit (my d20s like picking on me, but my d6s may as well be heated for all I know). x2 (Spells / Items of Make me and my Weapon Bigger or considered a size bigger) = 48 base damage per hit. It's not as much as a 5x Power Attack Charge + Full Attack Pounce, but it's still a little nice. Anyone wanna provide a Magic Item or a Cleric capable spell I could use / have the buffer learn to amp up the power? Heck, if I can't find anything, a feat could work, but that's definitely a last chance kinda thing.

Thanks for all of the continued help!

bokodasu
2011-02-26, 11:23 PM
Ok, here are the questions I can answer:

1 round = 6 seconds, so 1 minute = 10 rounds.

D20=3.5. There's some hair-splitting about how D20 is the rules and 3.5 is the D&D bit, but yes, if you're looking at one, you can use it for the other.

AnonymousD&Der
2011-02-27, 06:39 PM
Love the Avatar, by the way. I wonder where I can get an Avatar as cool as that.

Totally not bumping this thread with that coment. Totally not.

Actually, I didn't see anything in the rules about bumping a thread after it's fallen off of the first page, so I thought it'd be okay. I won't do it again if it's bad..

Last Laugh
2011-02-27, 07:15 PM
I'd probably get more responces if I made my questions more dirrect... with that in mind, Questions will be based on the d20 3.5 System, with a wide variety of books available. Internet sources are also good.

A) Recommendable Feats for a Blaster Elf Battle Sorceror. Equiped with a 2 Handed Scythe if that means anything, although he'll want to focus on Spells at higher levels.

B2) Zen Archery. Does the Wisdom Bonus apply to both Accuracy Rolls and Damage Rolls? And does it apply to both Bows and Crossbows?

C)Travel Devotion Feat:

C1):I can use it as a Warblade without Turn Undead, right?

C2):It would be refreshed when I slept, and I can use it once a day, right?

C3):Is this a viable way for a non multiclasser to gain more movement needed for a good melee character?

C5):I can't gain access to Turn Undead without Multiclassing, can I?

C6): Since Evil Clerics can Bolster Undead with their Turning Ability, would it be too much fo a stretch for the group Cleric to be able to spend her Turns to let me reactivate my ability?

D) Other Feats (this section is a new edition, and will be given a bit of extra dialog beyond basic questioning). I've had an idea of Feats I want to use, but I gotta find the grid I had up before. But I wanna consider replacing some of the Feats with amoung the few below:

D7):Combat Expertise. I'm not sure if it's to my Accuracy Roll or my Damage Roll, and either way, it's probably the most fillerish of the options I'm considering, but at the same time, see the final statement for D6.

D9): Any other feats that lets me control the balance between my Accuracy Roll, my Damage Roll, and my Defensive Roll. Once I know what I'm facing and can calculate how much I need to be able to hit it and how much it needs to hit me, being able to make every single strike hit on the mark and be able to block every single hit should make me quite powerful, and all the extra points going to damage should be borderline scary.

I'll probably ask more questions at this point, but I really do need to check my previous thread before I ask about things I've already been told the answer to.

Thanks for the assist!
I'll do what I can, anyone is free to correct me.
A) Reserve feats from Complete Champion, and Complete Mage allow blasting without spell slots. Beyond that Searing spell from Sandstorm allows fire magic to bypass resistance/partially bypass immunity. Be aware that Sorcerers have trouble with metamagic until they access Arcane Spellsurge (Dragon magic, level 8 spell. it's fantastic)
Versatile spellcaster allows (Dragon magic? or RoTD) you to sacrifice 2 spell slots to cast a higher level spell. Increase of one, no mixnmatching (Ex sacrifice 2*level 1 spell slots, to cast a level 2 spell)

B2) Answer for multiple questions: The ATTACK roll is only chance to hit, Zen Archery applies to this, but not DAMAGE roll. same thing with power attack/Combat expertise (but power attack boosts damage) Ever time something reduces your attack roll it's accuracy, some things say attack AND damage which affects both.

C1) yes, a warblade w/o turning can use it once per day.

C3)It's a way, there are others, Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian from Complete Champion gives you pounce at level 1 (full attack on a charge), do that or dip Cleric. There is a guide floating around about how great Cleric is a dip for ANY class, Including Cleric.

At the very least Cleric 1 gives you: Turn undead to fuel travel devotion, Improved Initiative (bonus feat from time domain) and Weapon Focus (War Domain). Using Cloistered Cleric (Unearthed Arcana) we can pick up Knowledge Devotion as well.

Many domains Grant feats which are suited to melee character, Celerity domain increases land speed. Cleric 1 or Barbarian 1 would increase your mobility a good deal.

You said non-multiclasser, If you don't wanna multiclass as a warblade, then don't Warblade functions very well with Move action+Strike, everything they can do they can do in a standard action.

C5) not that I know of, possible Planar Touch stone (Catalogs of Enlightenment) for Sun Domain's Greater turning Ability. Domain is in PHB, Planar Touchstone is a feat from Sandstorm

C6) In no way is this RAW. You know your DM better than I do. Ask him/her.

D7/D9 see answer to B2

Edit:Thanks \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ post edited.

chaos_redefined
2011-02-27, 07:31 PM
Reserve feats were introduced in Complete Mage, and some more were added in Complete Champion. Chances are, you wan the ones in CM.

Stallion
2011-02-27, 08:43 PM
For D8, take a look at Battle Jump out of Unapproachable East. And then take a look at Raptorans out of Races of the Wild. Then take a look at Leaping Dragon Stance out of Tome of Battle, along with Sudden Leap, from the same. Then, Leap Attack out of Complete Warrior. Then, Neraph Charge from the Planar Handbook comboed with some way to get Iajitsu Focus out of Oriental Adventures as a class skill. Finally, some form of Pounce OR the Emerald Razor maneuver. Combo all of that with whatever that feat is for some true ridiculousness.

AnonymousD&Der
2011-02-27, 09:40 PM
I'll do what I can, anyone is free to correct me.
A) Reserve feats from Complete Champion, and Complete Mage allow blasting without spell slots. Beyond that Searing spell from Sandstorm allows fire magic to bypass resistance/partially bypass immunity. Be aware that Sorcerers have trouble with metamagic until they access Arcane Spellsurge (Dragon magic, level 8 spell. it's fantastic)
Versatile spellcaster allows (Dragon magic? or RoTD) you to sacrifice 2 spell slots to cast a higher level spell. Increase of one, no mixnmatching (Ex sacrifice 2*level 1 spell slots, to cast a level 2 spell)

B2) Answer for multiple questions: The ATTACK roll is only chance to hit, Zen Archery applies to this, but not DAMAGE roll. same thing with power attack/Combat expertise (but power attack boosts damage) Ever time something reduces your attack roll it's accuracy, some things say attack AND damage which affects both.

C1) yes, a warblade w/o turning can use it once per day.

C3)It's a way, there are others, Spirit Lion Totem Barbarian from Complete Champion gives you pounce at level 1 (full attack on a charge), do that or dip Cleric. There is a guide floating around about how great Cleric is a dip for ANY class, Including Cleric.

At the very least Cleric 1 gives you: Turn undead to fuel travel devotion, Improved Initiative (bonus feat from time domain) and Weapon Focus (War Domain). Using Cloistered Cleric (Unearthed Arcana) we can pick up Knowledge Devotion as well.

Many domains Grant feats which are suited to melee character, Celerity domain increases land speed. Cleric 1 or Barbarian 1 would increase your mobility a good deal.

You said non-multiclasser, If you don't wanna multiclass as a warblade, then don't Warblade functions very well with Move action+Strike, everything they can do they can do in a standard action.

C5) not that I know of, possible Planar Touch stone (Catalogs of Enlightenment) for Sun Domain's Greater turning Ability. Domain is in PHB, Planar Touchstone is a feat from Sandstorm

C6) In no way is this RAW. You know your DM better than I do. Ask him/her.

D7/D9 see answer to B2.

A) Awesome. I might spend a day or two parusing this book myself.... definitely a good read, and a good source of info. Thanks to chaos_redefined for the additional reference to it.

B2/D7/D9) Heh. Sorry if I'm confusing. Reading through the feats I wanted gave so many criss crossing words I lost track of which which is which... Darn... You'd still need Dex for the Cross Bow to do Damage, and she doesn't seem the type to be a Cleric of War.... If only Clerics could get the proficiency for Composite Bows. Although then again, I shouldn't be trying to metagame the entire group... just ensuring everyone has options is enough to help.

C5)I'll have to check it out then. Thanks.

C6) Heh. It is something I would probably have to ask for permission for, but at the same time, the player's handbook does mention, at the very end in the glossary, that the act mentioned as Turning is capable of being used for other things beyond affecting the undead. It's all channeling Positive (or negative) Energy, after all. Powering Devotion Feats for the User is possible. It doesn't seem like it would be -too- much of a stretch to present this as an option to allow the supportive Cleric to turn (heh. That's funny.) her Warblade friend into Sonic the Hedge-I'MACUTYOU-hog. I suppose right now, I'm just building up a case to ask about it, and asking how ridiculous it sounds as of now.

For D8, take a look at Battle Jump out of Unapproachable East. And then take a look at Raptorans out of Races of the Wild. Then take a look at Leaping Dragon Stance out of Tome of Battle, along with Sudden Leap, from the same. Then, Leap Attack out of Complete Warrior. Then, Neraph Charge from the Planar Handbook comboed with some way to get Iajitsu Focus out of Oriental Adventures as a class skill. Finally, some form of Pounce OR the Emerald Razor maneuver. Combo all of that with whatever that feat is for some true ridiculousness.

http://518fever.com/wp-content/uploads/asdimoro/confused.jpg

Siosilvar
2011-02-27, 09:54 PM
B2) Zen Archery. Does the Wisdom Bonus apply to both Accuracy Rolls and Damage Rolls? And does it apply to both Bows and Crossbows?To-hit rolls only.

C)Travel Devotion Feat:

C1):I can use it as a Warblade without Turn Undead, right?

C2):It would be refreshed when I slept, and I can use it once a day, right?

C3):Is this a viable way for a non multiclasser to gain more movement needed for a good melee character?Yes.

C5):I can't gain access to Turn Undead without Multiclassing, can I?No, you can't.

C6): Since Evil Clerics can Bolster Undead with their Turning Ability, would it be too much fo a stretch for the group Cleric to be able to spend her Turns to let me reactivate my ability?If they're not your turn attempts, you can't use them.

D4):Weapon Tricks. [snip]Not sure what you're talking about, but if you need to get past DR, then you're going to need a Silver, Cold Iron, or Adamantine weapon, with no way around it, aside from a few weapon enhancements in the Magic Item Compendium.

D7):Combat Expertise. I'm not sure if it's to my Accuracy Roll or my Damage Roll, and either way, it's probably the most fillerish of the options I'm considering, but at the same time, see the final statement for D6.Combat Expertise subtracts from your to-hit roll to add to your AC. It's also generally considered unoptimal; hitting things is a much better way of defending yourself in 3.5. Your experience may vary, however.

EDIT: What are the sources on all of those feats you mentioned?

AnonymousD&Der
2011-02-27, 10:06 PM
EDIT: What are the sources on all of those feats you mentioned?

The d20 Book of Ultimate Feats, Of Course! :smallbiggrin:

Responces to responces will be made laters. I'm sleeepyish and might not be able to make them as of now.

If I need to post the feats as well, I totally will.....

Last Laugh
2011-02-27, 11:13 PM
I would suggest Cloistered Cleric (unearthed arcana) as a substitute cleric for a support role. It's a more educated cleric, gaining skill points, knowledge, and bardic lore. They lose 1hp/level, BA drops to 1/2 (Guess which spellcaster has divine might tho?) level, and you lose some proficiencies. It's a very good trade off.

Knowledge Devotion is a good feat for anyone with skill points, by making a Knowledge check relating to your foe (Like kno(Arcana) for dragons) you gain a bonus to hit against that type of foe for the entire combat. It's scales well and can provide that accuracy boost you need to make power-attacks hit.

Knaight
2011-02-27, 11:31 PM
D20=3.5. There's some hair-splitting about how D20 is the rules and 3.5 is the D&D bit, but yes, if you're looking at one, you can use it for the other.

This hasn't been addressed yet, but this is wrong. 3.5 is one d20 game, d20 is a much wider rules set with many tweaks that covers a whole host of games. Obviously both 3.5 and 3.0 are included, but it also includes such stuff as Mutants and Masterminds (no classes, no hit points, otherwise somewhat D&Dish, though intended for superheroes), Spycraft 2.0 (Its far more lethal than 3.5, and very grounded), and other stuff that is not just the rules for 3.5

AnonymousD&Der
2011-02-28, 12:14 AM
This hasn't been addressed yet, but this is wrong. 3.5 is one d20 game, d20 is a much wider rules set with many tweaks that covers a whole host of games. Obviously both 3.5 and 3.0 are included, but it also includes such stuff as Mutants and Masterminds (no classes, no hit points, otherwise somewhat D&Dish, though intended for superheroes), Spycraft 2.0 (Its far more lethal than 3.5, and very grounded), and other stuff that is not just the rules for 3.5

So, I might not be able to apply a d20 Book to 3.5 rules? Or can I, since 3.5 is just a more specific d20? The book seems to certainly fit basic D&D stuff...

Stallion
2011-02-28, 12:16 AM
http://518fever.com/wp-content/uploads/asdimoro/confused.jpg

Battle Jump allows you to turn dropping down onf someone from at least 5 feet above them into a charge that deals double damage.

Raptorans get a racial +10 to Jump, as well as the ability to deal double damage when they do a diving charge with a piercing weapon that travels at least 30 feet and 10 feet down. Also, they can fly.

Leaping Dragon Stance is a Tiger Claw discipline that gives a +10 FOOT bonus to jumps. Including ones straight up.

Sudden Leap is another Tiger Claw maneuver that allows you to jump as a swift action.

Leap Attack doubles your Power Attack damage when you jump at least 10 feet as part of a charge, or triples it with a two-handed weapon.

Neraph Charge allows you to make a single charge against any opponent once per encounter and makes them flatfooted against that charge.

Iajitsu Focus allows you to make an attack (or attacks, with Pounce) against a flatfooted enemy with a weapon that you've just drawn (Quick Draw helps with that) that deals bonus damage based on your skill check.

Pounce allows you to make a full attack at the end of a charge.

Emerald Razor allows you to make a single attack against an enemy as a touch attack.

SO. You jump into the air with your +10 to Jump and your +10 foot bonus and the rest of your pumped up Jump as a swift action with Sudden Leap out of Leaping Dragon Stance. You then make a gliding Neraph Charge, allowing you to make your enemy flatfooted, allowing you to make an Iajitsu Focus check. Since you jumped, you also qualify for the multiplier from Leap Attack. Use a piercing weapon, and you qualify for the double damage. Since it's a charge, your Pounce ability will enable you to make a full attack against a flatfooted opponent. Another alternative is using Emerald Razor. Then, you're making a touch attack against a flatfooted opponent. If there's anything that makes it easier to hit someone without using spells, I don't know what it is. FINALLY. The last piece to this wonderful puzzle is Battle Jump. If you land, this counts as one. You MIGHT take a few points of falling damage, but that makes it a triple damage charge. So your already tripled Power Attack damage, your bonus damage from Iajitsu Focus, your +2 damage from making your charge. All tripled. Now, you can either do a triple damage full attack or a single triple damage strike that happens to be a guaranteed hit.

Now, to enhance this FURTHER. Use a Valorous weapon to make this charge to quadruple damage. Now, the last part. This part is the only part that's truly questionable. It requires making a half-orc raptoran. That would qualify you for the Headlong Rush feat. This basically takes a charge and causes you to take AOOs from it, while causing it to deal double damage, raising your cumulative charging damage to quintuple damage. Throw in Karmic Strike and you turn that AOO to your advantage with another free attack.

And now, a 8 fighter 2 warblade can get all this with flaws and a trait that grants a bonus feat.

Finally. This is all UNMOUNTED. Don't even get me started with what happens with a flying mount and a lance.

AnonymousD&Der
2011-02-28, 12:26 AM
Battle Jump allows you to turn dropping down onf someone from at least 5 feet above them into a charge that deals double damage.

Raptorans get a racial +10 to Jump, as well as the ability to deal double damage when they do a diving charge with a piercing weapon that travels at least 30 feet and 10 feet down. Also, they can fly.

Leaping Dragon Stance is a Tiger Claw discipline that gives a +10 FOOT bonus to jumps. Including ones straight up.

Sudden Leap is another Tiger Claw maneuver that allows you to jump as a swift action.

Leap Attack doubles your Power Attack damage when you jump at least 10 feet as part of a charge, or triples it with a two-handed weapon.

Neraph Charge allows you to make a single charge against any opponent once per encounter and makes them flatfooted against that charge.

Iajitsu Focus allows you to make an attack (or attacks, with Pounce) against a flatfooted enemy with a weapon that you've just drawn (Quick Draw helps with that) that deals bonus damage based on your skill check.

Pounce allows you to make a full attack at the end of a charge.

Emerald Razor allows you to make a single attack against an enemy as a touch attack.

SO. You jump into the air with your +10 to Jump and your +10 foot bonus and the rest of your pumped up Jump as a swift action with Sudden Leap out of Leaping Dragon Stance. You then make a gliding Neraph Charge, allowing you to make your enemy flatfooted, allowing you to make an Iajitsu Focus check. Since you jumped, you also qualify for the multiplier from Leap Attack. Use a piercing weapon, and you qualify for the double damage. Since it's a charge, your Pounce ability will enable you to make a full attack against a flatfooted opponent. Another alternative is using Emerald Razor. Then, you're making a touch attack against a flatfooted opponent. If there's anything that makes it easier to hit someone without using spells, I don't know what it is. FINALLY. The last piece to this wonderful puzzle is Battle Jump. If you land, this counts as one. You MIGHT take a few points of falling damage, but that makes it a triple damage charge. So your already tripled Power Attack damage, your bonus damage from Iajitsu Focus, your +2 damage from making your charge. All tripled. Now, you can either do a triple damage full attack or a single triple damage strike that happens to be a guaranteed hit.

Now, to enhance this FURTHER. Use a Valorous weapon to make this charge to quadruple damage. Now, the last part. This part is the only part that's truly questionable. It requires making a half-orc raptoran. That would qualify you for the Headlong Rush feat. This basically takes a charge and causes you to take AOOs from it, while causing it to deal double damage, raising your cumulative charging damage to quintuple damage. Throw in Karmic Strike and you turn that AOO to your advantage with another free attack.

http://tribewithted.mlblogs.com/holy-crap.jpg

I don't think I'm capable of doing all of that with one character... XD

I'm also not trying to scare my group with how much damage can -REALLY- be done with a sword. There's optimization, and then there's... wow...

http://sociallysour.org/uploads/shocked_lol_cat.jpg

Although I am not surprized there would be more.... I actually was still trying to figure out how to work a flying animal companion with the feat I heard about in the other thread I made (THAT I REALLY NEED TO FIND). But I don't think we'll be teaming up for too much of -that-...

http://www.priceisright.com/content/images/Game%20Images/price_games_ThatsTooMuch-001-logo.jpg

Stallion
2011-02-28, 12:31 AM
Actually, I'm pretty sure Dire Bat is a 4th level ranger/druid animal companion choice.

AnonymousD&Der
2011-02-28, 12:41 AM
Already commenting before I've barely finished editing my posts

Just incase the use of a censored word is still bad... I'll remove it if necesary, but it gets my point across.
{Scrubbed}

XD

Stallion
2011-02-28, 12:55 AM
Post faster.

AnonymousD&Der
2011-02-28, 12:59 AM
Post faster.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/funny-pictures-snail-is-on-turtle.jpg

Aharon
2011-02-28, 02:40 AM
@Stallion
Go figure. I always thought Neraph Charge was racial. Nice of them to teach other people how to smack enemies really, really hard :smallbiggrin:

Stallion
2011-02-28, 02:43 AM
@Stallion
Go figure. I always thought Neraph Charge was racial. Nice of them to teach other people how to smack enemies really, really hard :smallbiggrin:

And you can get it by level 2!

calar
2011-02-28, 03:23 AM
C7): How would I roleplay such an ability? A Chaotic Good Warblade with a random devotion to Travel Gods?Make your character a wanderer. Its been a character concept Ive considered for awhile. Being on the move all the time makes devotion to Deities of travel a reasonable likelihood despite alignment. For further roleplaying potential you can also dip into the Horizon Walker PrC.

Last Laugh
2011-02-28, 08:24 AM
@Stallion

Neraphim don't actually have a use for the feat :smallamused:

Knaight
2011-02-28, 10:40 AM
So, I might not be able to apply a d20 Book to 3.5 rules? Or can I, since 3.5 is just a more specific d20? The book seems to certainly fit basic D&D stuff...

It depends on the book. Some d20 books are completely incompatible with D&D (Mutants and Masterminds for instance), others are third party 3.5 material. Odds are if there are classes with 20 levels, BAB, 3 saves, skill points, and a feat progression it is perfectly compatible.

That said, go ahead and list the title and company. That will make it easier to find out if the specific book works.

AnonymousD&Der
2011-02-28, 06:54 PM
It depends on the book. Some d20 books are completely incompatible with D&D (Mutants and Masterminds for instance), others are third party 3.5 material. Odds are if there are classes with 20 levels, BAB, 3 saves, skill points, and a feat progression it is perfectly compatible.

That said, go ahead and list the title and company. That will make it easier to find out if the specific book works.

D20 Ultimate Feats. Supplimentary Rulebook 2 of the Ultimate Series. Mongoose Publishing. I at least assume the company to be Mongoose Publishing... I suddenly feel very discouraged about all of the stuffs I've read up, despite the fact that they seem to be able to flow so effortlessly into the 3.5 stuffs....

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Feats-Supplementary-Rulebook-II/dp/1903980674

DEMON
2011-02-28, 07:20 PM
D20 Ultimate Feats. Supplimentary Rulebook 2 of the Ultimate Series. Mongoose Publishing. I at least assume the company to be Mongoose Publishing... I suddenly feel very discouraged about all of the stuffs I've read up, despite the fact that they seem to be able to flow so effortlessly into the 3.5 stuffs....

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Feats-Supplementary-Rulebook-II/dp/1903980674

Perfectly compatible. Just not core, nor official. If your DM is okay with this sourcebook, the content is readily available to use with 3.X.

AnonymousD&Der
2011-02-28, 09:44 PM
Perfectly compatible. Just not core, nor official. If your DM is okay with this sourcebook, the content is readily available to use with 3.X.

Anyone feel like verifying / vetoing this? Or am I justified in performing the "Dance of I-JUST-GOT-A-WHOLE-BUNCH-OF-FREAKING-AWESOME-FEATS-APPROVED"? Tell me now, while I'm still struggling into my tights.

Knaight
2011-02-28, 10:03 PM
Anyone feel like verifying / vetoing this? Or am I justified in performing the "Dance of I-JUST-GOT-A-WHOLE-BUNCH-OF-FREAKING-AWESOME-FEATS-APPROVED"? Tell me now, while I'm still struggling into my tights.

It fits into the 3.5 rulesbook just fine. However, blanket bans on third party material are common, so you have to run it by your GM.

AnonymousD&Der
2011-02-28, 11:27 PM

It fits into the 3.5 rulesbook just fine. However, blanket bans on third party material are common, so you have to run it by your GM.

http://verydemotivational.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/demotivational-posters-hell-yeah.jpg

http://www.881theburg.com/images/heck.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_bHkgh6gAN30/SgHoU_YSlAI/AAAAAAAAC5M/jcNwyQgY1oE/s400/HELL-YEAH.jpg

I suppose hiding away my thoughts and allowing others to choose to see them is better than getting in trouble. :smalleek:

Now I just gotta decide which feats I'm using and when... Anyone have access to Ultimate Feats themselves? Or should I post any new-ish feats here once I've got the chart for the previous and new feat progression I'm planning up?

I will not double post. I will not double post. I will not double post.

DEMON
2011-03-01, 01:46 PM
Now I just gotta decide which feats I'm using and when... Anyone have access to Ultimate Feats themselves? Or should I post any new-ish feats here once I've got the chart for the previous and new feat progression I'm planning up?

Our gaming group has the book, though we have not been using its content for quite some time.
But please note that *we* (people on these forums) are not your DM and he has the final say when it comes to allowing anything into his game. Being compatible with the rules of 3.X DnD does not make them automatically available. Not all of them, anyway.

AnonymousD&Der
2011-03-01, 02:09 PM
Our gaming group has the book, though we have not been using its content for quite some time.
But please note that *we* (people on these forums) are not your DM and he has the final say when it comes to allowing anything into his game. Being compatible with the rules of 3.X DnD does not make them automatically available. Not all of them, anyway.

Other than one of the Core-Only-Fanatics groaning at the sound of new books beyond the player's handbook, no one has an issue with the additional info. The only thing I've asked about that I'm not sure if my DM would allow is the whole "Cleric use Turning Ability to repower someone else's Devotion/Divine/Whatever Feat".

The main reason I asked about it was because it'd be dumb if the DM allowed something, we started using it, and then 4 sessions into the game, the Rules Lawyer found a way to throw it's compatability into question and got us all in trouble.

Revamped the first thread with a few additional/refined questions. Thanks for the help, both provided and continued.

http://images.psxextreme.com/wallpapers/ps3/star_wars___bowing_to_evil_596.jpg