PDA

View Full Version : Say Dnd Was Real - Being a DnD PC in a 21st Century World

Pages : 1 [2]

John Cribati
2011-06-10, 12:22 PM
I'm getting back into this as well, after timeskipping about 2 weeks. I'm almost through with the chapter.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-10, 12:45 PM
I wrote some more stuff in mine, but I'm not even close to done with the current arc.

Cogidubnus
2011-06-11, 06:22 AM
The next update will be 7 days after this all started, the next Saturday.

Hazzardevil
2011-06-11, 10:00 AM
The next update will be 7 days after this all started, the next Saturday.

I can do a short time skip and get to that point, my plots pretty flexible as it is right now.

Cogidubnus
2011-06-11, 12:59 PM
I can do a short time skip and get to that point, my plots pretty flexible as it is right now.

Go at your own rate, I'm still in the middle of exams.

The Glyphstone
2011-06-11, 01:20 PM
Yikes, I need to accelerate my own timeframe then. I think I'm still on Day 2 or 3.

Zolkabro
2011-06-11, 03:52 PM
I'm going to do a time skip when I finished the current bit. As to how long has passed, that's a secret that my readers will have to wait to find out!

I love teasing. :smallbiggrin:

The Glyphstone
2011-06-12, 03:48 PM
Well, if you plan on maintaining continuity, you'd be progressing at the same rate we are...

Zolkabro
2011-06-13, 10:23 AM
Well, if you plan on maintaining continuity, you'd be progressing at the same rate we are...

Ahh, but I have anywhere between a few hours and a few weeks to choose from, because you are all doing time skips. :smallbiggrin:

The Glyphstone
2011-06-13, 10:27 AM
we are? I didn't know that.

Cogidubnus
2011-06-13, 10:32 AM
we are? I didn't know that.

Well, I've missed out a few days in the week. I don't really think several long, dry descriptions of school days would entertain anyone xD I think that's the sort of narrative gap Zolkabro means.

Zolkabro
2011-06-14, 01:00 PM
Well, I've missed out a few days in the week. I don't really think several long, dry descriptions of school days would entertain anyone xD I think that's the sort of narrative gap Zolkabro means.

Uh-huh! Everyone has said they have time skips in the last few posts.

Hazzardevil
2011-06-14, 03:43 PM
I don't but I'm not officially canon, and anyway, we can always justify time being messed up with a wizard did it, and it won't even tug on the willing suspension of disbelief much.

Tychris1
2011-06-17, 08:25 PM
Still in this, now that school and spending 6 hours studying for reagents (MASTERY!) I have finally gotten time to myself. Plus all my bans for throwing pencils and pissing in water fountains are finally lifting, although my main computer is still down so I'll have to use my grandmas computer for updates.

Rheios
2011-06-17, 09:24 PM
I'm not official either, but I'm going to try and write some more of mine. I just got a new fulltime job and I haven't had a chance to do any more work on it.

Hazzardevil
2011-06-18, 02:23 AM
Still in this, now that school and spending 6 hours studying for reagents (MASTERY!) I have finally gotten time to myself. Plus all my bans for throwing pencils and pissing in water fountains are finally lifting, although my main computer is still down so I'll have to use my grandmas computer for updates.

Why are you pissing in water fountains?

Anyway, I just need to get interest back in my fanfic really.

0Megabyte
2011-06-22, 01:23 AM
Well, school was really hairy for me, which is why I didn't start up like I said I was going to.

But that's no longer a problem. *grins* You'll see a post from me in a day at the latest. And I shall link to it here, too. Sorry for my delay, people. This is going to be fun.

Cogidubnus
2011-06-23, 04:55 AM
Well, school was really hairy for me, which is why I didn't start up like I said I was going to.

But that's no longer a problem. *grins* You'll see a post from me in a day at the latest. And I shall link to it here, too. Sorry for my delay, people. This is going to be fun.

I am now finished with school! For good! Even if I fail my exams because the government cuts mean I can't come back next year! So if I actually get out of bed today, you might see an update. I have an interesting idea for one, actually...but first I have to get off my mobile, out of bed and onto the pc xD

I'm actually vaguely nostalgic for school now. How depressing's that? 14 years praying for it to be over and now I'm sad it is.

Zolkabro
2011-06-23, 11:13 AM
I am now finished with school! For good! Even if I fail my exams because the government cuts mean I can't come back next year! So if I actually get out of bed today, you might see an update. I have an interesting idea for one, actually...but first I have to get off my mobile, out of bed and onto the pc xD

I'm actually vaguely nostalgic for school now. How depressing's that? 14 years praying for it to be over and now I'm sad it is.

Why can't you come back next year? Not all university's charge up to the 9,000 cap, and even if they do once you are earning £21,000 a year you only have to pay £5 a week. It sucks, but it's still payable.

Tychris1
2011-06-23, 11:24 AM
My monitors broken so until we get a new one I'm stuck on my mobile (much like Cog).

And zolkaboro! What are you doing? Stop encouraging the government to do things.

Zolkabro
2011-06-24, 01:45 AM
My monitors broken so until we get a new one I'm stuck on my mobile (much like Cog).

And zolkaboro! What are you doing? Stop encouraging the government to do things.

I'm not encouraging them. They've already done it! I'm pissed off about it, and I went to all the protests, but what's done is done so all we can do is make the best of it. It's best to look on the bright side, even if the government have messed things up.

Hazzardevil
2011-06-28, 03:59 PM
Yep it's all those whacky conservatives (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ThoseWackyNazis)fault.

Tychris1
2011-06-28, 08:12 PM
Hahahahahaha! That's funny right there! Blaming conservatives for problems and then linking them to a trope involving De Fuhrer. MAAAASSSSIIIIVVVEEE SSSSAAAARRRCCASSSMMM

fizzybobnewt
2011-06-28, 08:22 PM
The world needs a universal sarcasm font.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-06-28, 11:04 PM
The world needs a universal sarcasm font.

You use these: [/sarcasm]

Hazzardevil
2011-06-29, 11:17 AM
Well, I think lots of people have decided that colour shows sarcasm as well, so you may have a problem there.

Zolkabro
2011-06-29, 03:45 PM
Colour can mean anything, really. Swift's idea is better:
The Tories are wonderful.

See?

Cogidubnus
2011-08-09, 04:36 AM
Why can't you come back next year? Not all university's charge up to the 9,000 cap, and even if they do once you are earning £21,000 a year you only have to pay £5 a week. It sucks, but it's still payable.

In answer to this - because due to the cuts, my school won't let people resit years anymore. Not enough money for it.

Sorry about the heinously long absence, we've had some hideous computer problems which has somewhat crippled my writing. However, I do intend to keep going, and I think the world is trying to provide me with inspiration at the moment...

Hazzardevil
2011-08-09, 08:44 AM
I thought the whole project had been abandoned, I'd better make a new update or 2.

Herr Munchkin
2011-08-10, 02:27 AM
Is it too late to start a story? I have the rough ideas of my characters ready, all I need is to know if it some plot ideas are not the same as the ones you are using. Thanks.

Hazzardevil
2011-08-10, 09:54 AM
Is it too late to start a story? I have the rough ideas of my characters ready, all I need is to know if it some plot ideas are not the same as the ones you are using. Thanks.

No reason why you can't but some people, including glyphstone can do one, becoming part of the canon is another thing entirely, I've been wanting to join for a while, but I'm not sure if I'm accepted or not.

Cogidubnus
2011-08-10, 10:11 AM
I'm of the opinion that too many people writing "canon" would confuse the plot-lines too much and make it too hard to write stuff that all fits together, hence why I haven't been linking any more stories in the OP.

Zolkabro
2011-08-10, 10:49 AM
I am absolutely terrible at writing to a deadline, and the only reason my story hasn't been updated is because I haven't got round to it... :smallredface:

Sorry. On one hand, I want to say I will get it going soon, on the other hand I know I will probably fail at that.

I'll do my best.

Six
2011-08-12, 08:02 AM
So is this whole thing totally open? Someone starts up a plot line and you link it here? Because if so, I might just start one up when my schedule flattens a bit. It'd be a nice, and fun way to keep myself in practice.

Cogidubnus
2011-08-12, 08:04 AM
So is this whole thing totally open? Someone starts up a plot line and you link it here? Because if so, I might just start one up when my schedule flattens a bit. It'd be a nice, and fun way to keep myself in practice.

If you want to, sure, link it here. A few of us are working on converging plot-lines, but I reckon if any more people trying to do that will get complicated. But if you want to write something, go ahead, you've got something resembling an interested audience.

Herr Munchkin
2011-08-16, 12:52 AM

A second set of converging plot lines could be an interesting idea. I may start my story soon, would you be interested in working on a converging plot?