PDA

View Full Version : It's the time of the year again: Garycon3

Turalisj
2011-03-07, 04:00 PM
Dunno if this goes here or somewhere else, so I'll put it here.

It's that time of the year again- local gaming convention. For me, that means the convention held in Lake Geneva, the birthplace of the tabletop rpg, known as Garycon. A convention held in the memory of Gary Gygax, it is promoted as a 'back to basics GenCon'. It is going to be the 26th-28th of this month at the Lodge in Lake Geneva, and should be fun.

Lex-Kat
2011-03-08, 06:02 AM
Sounds like it. But I'm booked for this year. Maybe next year. Unless I get that plane ticket to England for the UKitp Meet-up.

JediSoth
2011-03-10, 10:39 AM
I'll be there. I'm running two games: Escape from Echo Base (Star Wars d6) and Temple of the Mountain God (D&D BECMI). Should be a good time!

grimbold
2011-03-10, 11:45 AM
sounds cool
i hope you have a good time
how many people will be there?

Dr.Epic
2011-03-10, 11:47 AM
Dunno if this goes here or somewhere else, so I'll put it here.

It's that time of the year again- local gaming convention. For me, that means the convention held in Lake Geneva, the birthplace of the tabletop rpg, known as Garycon. A convention held in the memory of Gary Gygax, it is promoted as a 'back to basics GenCon'. It is going to be the 26th-28th of this month at the Lodge in Lake Geneva, and should be fun.

Yay! Lake Geneva! That's nowhere where I live!:smallfrown:

Have fun everyone who does go. And pick me up one of those million-sided dice.

JediSoth
2011-03-10, 01:10 PM
sounds cool
i hope you have a good time
how many people will be there?

Probably a couple of hundred. Anymore than that, and we'll have to take over Ernie Gygax's house. :p

Turalisj
2011-03-10, 03:50 PM
Probably a couple of hundred. Anymore than that, and we'll have to take over Ernie Gygax's house. :p

Dunno how well he'd like that :P

Are you running them in the pre-planned games area or the free play? I stuck to the free play area last time.

JediSoth
2011-03-11, 09:01 AM
Dunno how well he'd like that :P

Are you running them in the pre-planned games area or the free play? I stuck to the free play area last time.

My games will be in the pre-planned games area. Assuming anyone signed up for them, of course. I might bring some quick & easy games and hang out in the free play area when I don't have something scheduled. It depends on how my wife is feeling since we're not staying on-site.

Turalisj
2011-03-18, 03:30 PM
Well, if it's like last year, then priority will be given to those that signed up first. But you can still get into pre-planned games if there's room.

Only a week to go until the convention.