PDA

View Full Version : Eadin's Exchange of Extraterrestrial Excuses AKA Random Banter #155

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Tiger Duck
2011-03-11, 12:07 PM
I think a day or so, ... but I'm not at all certain about that

Haruki-kun
2011-03-11, 12:12 PM
Well, that sucks. :smallfrown: No chance of making a bunch of boiled eggs and keeping them in the fridge.

Tiger Duck
2011-03-11, 12:15 PM
I think they might last longer if you left the shell on till you ate them.

You could boil a 3 today an eat one cut open one tomorrow, and one the next day, and see if they are still good. after which you could try 5 eggs in one go :smallsmile:

Zaydos
2011-03-11, 12:17 PM
Well, that sucks. :smallfrown: No chance of making a bunch of boiled eggs and keeping them in the fridge.

Over night they're fine, I've done that a lot when hiking, running, etc.

I think they last longer if you don't peel them, though. It's apparently about a < 1 week shelf life... at least those are the results I get from internet searching.

Haruki-kun
2011-03-11, 12:28 PM
You could boil a 3 today an eat one cut open one tomorrow, and one the next day, and see if they are still good. after which you could try 5 eggs in one go :smallsmile:

I would, but I boil 5 at a time to eat them in one sitting. :smalltongue:

I want to make a lot of them, so that I don't have to go down to the kitchen to cook all the time. Maybe once every few days. Once a week would be best, but since you guys say they don't last that long....

Over night they're fine, I've done that a lot when hiking, running, etc.

I think they last longer if you don't peel them, though. It's apparently about a < 1 week shelf life... at least those are the results I get from internet searching.

OK, I'll.... try to make them last in their shells. See what happens.

Kneenibble
2011-03-11, 01:06 PM
Yes, that's pretty much what happened over here.
And now I'm intrigued about the relative bilingualism of Canadians and how they've adapted to it. Any good books or sites to recommend as far as the study of Canadian English and French goes?

There's a fairly popular (academically) book that concerns the history of bilingualism at least in Manitoba, which is the frontier between the Lower & French/Upper & English Canada dichotomy in Eastern Canada and the pretty purely Anglophone Western Canada. - to speak historically.

Hébert, Raymond. "Manitoba's French Language Crisis: A Cautionary Tale." Montreal: McGill, 2004. (I hope to do my master's at McGill next year, God willing; quel domage que je parle Francais comme un couchon)

And another interesting linguistic tidbit -- there's an endangered language hybrid in this province being studied and catalogued for preservation. I forget the name, but it's fascinating -- a Métis tongue that uses all French verbs and all I believe it's Cree nouns. There's only a handful of native speakers left alive. Language hybrids like that are incredibly rare.

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 01:09 PM
Just curious, but what is the appeal of hard boiled eggs? I've never hade a good taste for eggs unless they are fried, scrambled, or omeletted.

Fredaintdead
2011-03-11, 01:12 PM
Just curious, but what is the appeal of hard boiled eggs? I've never hade a good taste for eggs unless they are fried, scrambled, or omeletted.

I never got that either. Maybe people just want to retain the egg's shape.

Heliomance
2011-03-11, 01:13 PM
I can't help but think that boiling an egg isn't going to lower its shelf life. Especially if you leave the shell on, I'd expect it to last at least as long as it would unboiled, in the fridge.

MoonCat
2011-03-11, 01:14 PM
I have been snuggling my kitty all morning!

Zaydos
2011-03-11, 01:18 PM

They're good for when you don't have time to make something in the morning (you make them the night before) and you need something hearty; or when you're going hiking and want to eat when you get there; or when the two overlap. Scrambled and fried taste better.

Also they're useful for making devilled eggs and egg salad.

I have been snuggling my kitty all morning!

Always a good way to pass a morning.

Haruki-kun
2011-03-11, 01:26 PM

Easier to make, healthier, portable. Can be eaten cold a few hours after making. Requires doing less dishes.

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 01:29 PM
Ahh, makess sense Haruki.

Random brain fart moment, when is Easter?

Fredaintdead
2011-03-11, 01:35 PM
Ahh, makess sense Haruki.

Random brain fart moment, when is Easter?

24th of April I think.

MoonCat
2011-03-11, 01:37 PM
I used to think Easter was a month.

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 01:40 PM
Thank you Fred. And haha, that's...kinda ridiculous MoonCat. But then, kids think weird things.

EDIT:Also thank you HalfTangible. Now just gotta figure out which one it is. I don't wanna miss Easter XP

Apparently I dreamed him posting here. Or did I? Idon't know aaaaaah.

Thufir
2011-03-11, 01:41 PM

They're kind of nice?

Though to be honest, the best reason I can think of for loving hard boiled eggs is this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC8PAQQIoCM).

Dvil
2011-03-11, 01:44 PM
Oh my days. I just realised that of my three big booze-money sinks this year, one will be Bloodstock, the metal festival, and the other will be Durham International Brass Festival.

Are my music tastes as weird as I think they are?

HalfTangible
2011-03-11, 01:47 PM
Oh my days. I just realised that of my three big booze-money sinks this year, one will be Bloodstock, the metal festival, and the other will be Durham International Brass Festival.

Are my music tastes as weird as I think they are?

No. They're much, much weirder. :smalltongue:

Dvil
2011-03-11, 01:53 PM
Oh, glad to hear it :smallamused:

HalfTangible
2011-03-11, 02:04 PM
Oh, glad to hear it :smallamused:

Your musical taste is always more abnormal than you think it is :smalltongue:

Fredaintdead
2011-03-11, 02:05 PM
Thank you Fred. And haha, that's...kinda ridiculous MoonCat. But then, kids think weird things.

EDIT:Also thank you HalfTangible. Now just gotta figure out which one it is. I don't wanna miss Easter XP

Apparently I dreamed him posting here. Or did I? Idon't know aaaaaah.

No problem.

Don't worry about dreaming about imaginary posters. It's a natural side effect of the playground if I'm not mistaken. :smallbiggrin:

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 02:06 PM
Heh, thank's Fred. I don't want to be more crazy then I already am XP

Zaydos
No problem.

Don't worry about dreaming about imaginary posters. It's a natural side effect of the playground if I'm not mistaken. :smallbiggrin:

I've even quoted them before. So the quote remained but not the post I was quoting :smalleek:

Dvil
Your musical taste is always more abnormal than you think it is :smalltongue:

Although I did manage to persuade my brass-based street band to do some Motorhead, so it all works out fine.

You, ah, might want to avoid the Playground then if that's your long-term goal :smalltongue:. Stay here too long and you get drawn in...

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 02:11 PM
Oh I'm already drawn in Dvil, I'm stuck here for life, probably.

Coidzor
I've even quoted them before. So the quote remained but not the post I was quoting :smalleek:

Sometimes the quotes even say they're referring to the wrong person. @_@

Fredaintdead

Insanity = Crazy Random Fun.
Crazy Random Fun = Awesomeness.
Awesomeness = Insanity.

Sounds like a party.

You, ah, might want to avoid the Playground then if that's your long-term goal :smalltongue:. Stay here too long and you get drawn in...

Did I not just explain why Insanity = Awesomeness?

Dvil

Hooray!

*chants* One of us! One of us! One of us!
etc.

Zaydos
2011-03-11, 02:15 PM

EXCELLENT... I mean... excellent not in creepy blue dragon speech.

Sometimes the quotes even say they're referring to the wrong person. @_@

How does that one happen? I just use the Quote button, or the + button thingie for quoting multiple people.

Awesomeness = Insanity.

So true, so true.

Dvil
2011-03-11, 02:18 PM
Awesomeness = Insanity.

QED.
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 02:18 PM
Ohhh, so that's what that + does. Thank's Zaydos!

Fredaintdead
2011-03-11, 02:20 PM
So true, so true.

QED.

*takes a bow*

And now you know.
And knowing is half the battle.
G.I. Joe!

:smallbiggrin:

Dvil
2011-03-11, 02:22 PM

Oh, now I feel old. I remember when that was first implemented...

Zaydos
2011-03-11, 02:22 PM

You're welcome -bows-

And now you know.
And knowing is half the battle.
G.I. Joe!

:smallbiggrin:

But what is the other half of the battle? I must know!!!!! 5 exclamation marks; you all know what that's a sign of right?

Oh, now I feel old. I remember when that was first implemented...

I've been on longer yet I don't remember. I just didn't notice at the time, I guess.

Dvil
2011-03-11, 02:27 PM
I've been on longer yet I don't remember. I just didn't notice at the time, I guess.

I think I remember something along the lines of we had multiquote, then we didn't, then we did again. I wasn't around for the first part of that (hence me not being completely sure), but if you were then maybe it wasn't such a big noticeable thing for you?

I dunno, just guessing at this stage.

Zaydos
2011-03-11, 02:28 PM
I think I remember something along the lines of we had multiquote, then we didn't, then we did again. I wasn't around for the first part of that (hence me not being completely sure), but if you were then maybe it wasn't such a big noticeable thing for you?

I dunno, just guessing at this stage.

The difference would have been a month, and I didn't even notice how to quote for most of my first month here... I joined so I could use the search function and to post homebrew... why am I in FB?

Coidzor
2011-03-11, 02:33 PM
How does that one happen? I just use the Quote button, or the + button thingie for quoting multiple people.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect it's a side effect of multiquoting. It's happened about 6-7 times between here, the LGBTA thread, and Relationship Woes and Advice in the last month, which was rather surprising, and hadn't really happened as far as I'd seen before multiquoting came on the scene. So probably accidents during editing production, really.

The ones that happen where it's the wrong name but the link goes to the right post are just mysteries though. Thankfully those are even rarer.

Dvil
2011-03-11, 02:33 PM
The difference would have been a month, and I didn't even notice how to quote for most of my first month here... I joined so I could use the search function and to post homebrew... why am I in FB?

Because FB's the best! It has cookies, and random banter! And cookies!

MoonCat
2011-03-11, 02:41 PM
*Looks at toolbar*

"Why do I have 50 tabs of TvTropes?

Brawn Hilda... Moon Logic... Pretentious Latin... Theory Of Narrative Causality... Valkyries... Chronic Backstabbing Disorder...

Oh yes, I looked up 'Discworld'"

:smallsigh:

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 02:45 PM
Hahaha, don't worry MoonCat, that happens to everyone. I once had around 300 tabs of TVTropes open at once.

MoonCat
2011-03-11, 02:47 PM
Hahaha, don't worry MoonCat, that happens to everyone. I once had around 300 tabs of TVTropes open at once.

Are you sure that's not an exageration? :smalltongue:

I love getting lost in TvTropes while I have nothing else to do.

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 02:49 PM
I'm almost sure that's not an exageration. I got to the point that my computer was lagging a bit.

MoonCat
2011-03-11, 02:51 PM
I'm almost sure that's not an exageration. I got to the point that my computer was lagging a bit.

Awesome. white space.

Tiger Duck
2011-03-11, 02:57 PM
I once had around 300 tabs of TVTropes open at once.
That is very impressive.

I usually top out at about 20 or so :smallsmile:

Form
2011-03-11, 03:14 PM
Ah yes, the magnificent power of TV tropes to keep me from working and to tempt me to procrastinate. :smalltongue:

Fortunately, it's allure has diminished considerably. I guess I already read most entries of interest to me.

Zaydos
2011-03-11, 03:17 PM
I don't know for sure, but I suspect it's a side effect of multiquoting. It's happened about 6-7 times between here, the LGBTA thread, and Relationship Woes and Advice in the last month, which was rather surprising, and hadn't really happened as far as I'd seen before multiquoting came on the scene. So probably accidents during editing production, really.

The ones that happen where it's the wrong name but the link goes to the right post are just mysteries though. Thankfully those are even rarer.

I've seen it with single quotes though... but yeah I guess it's just some glitch.

*Looks at toolbar*

"Why do I have 50 tabs of TvTropes?

Brawn Hilda... Moon Logic... Pretentious Latin... Theory Of Narrative Causality... Valkyries... Chronic Backstabbing Disorder...

Oh yes, I looked up 'Discworld'"

:smallsigh:

And now I have to look up moon logic because it's not immediately familiar...

Ah yes, the magnificent power of TV tropes to keep me from working and to tempt me to procrastinate. :smalltongue:

Fortunately, it's allure has diminished considerably. I guess I already read most entries of interest to me.

That's what I had thought... but moon logic.

Edit: There's not a moon logic page, just a moon logic puzzle page.

Form
2011-03-11, 03:31 PM

I think I'll save it for later when I need to do some procrastinating.

Thanks a lot. :smalltongue:

MoonCat
2011-03-11, 03:33 PM
And now I have to look up moon logic because it's not immediately familiar...

Whoops, I didn't feel like typing the whole thing.

Dvil
2011-03-11, 04:17 PM
Ah, tvtropes. Is there any situation it can't spoil, by making you spend all your time on the internet?

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 05:18 PM
http://www.boingboing.net/2011/03/10/homebrew-laser-pisto.html

This is apparently real. Discuss?

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-11, 05:20 PM
who wants to see a really crappy drawing by me?

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/CynicalAvocado/Mobile%20Uploads/Photo0210.jpg

it's supposed to be a drawing of this

http://www.probertencyclopaedia.com/j/Rockwell%20Shrike%20Commander.jpg

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 05:23 PM
The plane is pretty good. I'm more interested in that thing on the other paper though! Looks awesome!

Dvil
2011-03-11, 05:26 PM
The plane is good, though the angle makes it difficult to tell.

And what is that on the other page?

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-11, 05:26 PM
The plane is pretty good. I'm more interested in that thing on the other paper though! Looks awesome!

The plane is good, though the angle makes it difficult to tell.

And what is that on the other page?

that? it's from the OP of neon genesis evangelion
http://www.evacommentary.org/op/OP_C001b_b_big.jpg

EDIT: i also think it would make a wicked tattoo so i saved a sketch of it

along with a sketch of this (http://www.evacommentary.org/op/OP_C026_big.jpg)

Fredaintdead
2011-03-11, 05:30 PM

I want one. Now. :smallbiggrin:

Dvil
2011-03-11, 05:30 PM
that? it's from the OP of neon genesis evangelion

That's an extremely accurate copy/sketch/whatever word you'd use. Well done!

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-11, 05:32 PM
That's an extremely accurate copy/sketch/whatever word you'd use. Well done!

thank you:smallbiggrin:

the eyes on the wings were murder

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 05:38 PM
Holy crap Avacado. How did I not even notice that, I'm a HUGE fan of that series.

Also, you need to drawmore, you are good at it.

Zaydos
2011-03-11, 05:41 PM

I have a book that tells me how to make lasers up to ones that can burn through plastic. Baloons are relatively easy to burn with lasers. It talks about how the more dangerous ones work, but it doesn't instruct on their construction.

I've never tested it, though. Although I'd like to have a laser staff because
Step 1: Build laser into wooden walking staff.
Step 2: Dress up as a wizard.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac28/CynicalAvocado/Mobile%20Uploads/Photo0210.jpg

It's good. Though the Evangelion creature is the more interesting of the drawings.

Teddy
2011-03-11, 07:12 PM
But what is the other half of the battle? I must know!!!!! 5 exclamation marks; you all know what that's a sign of right?

Iron will. (True fact, up until WWI, morale was what won the battles, closely followed by level of training. Then came machineguns and screwed it all up.)

That is very impressive.

I usually top out at about 20 or so :smallsmile:

That's usually the upper limit of tabs overall I tend to reach at school, as my computer there is running usually a month in a row before I experience an involuntary shutdown. When I try to exceede the ~20 tabs, Internet Explorer crashes, period.

To be honest, it looks a bit warped. Were you actually using the lower picture as the model, or did you just tag it along to show us what kind of aircraft it was meant to look like? If it was the former case, I guess the reason for warpedness could be that you've been drawing it from a different perspective...

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-11, 07:15 PM
To be honest, it looks a bit warped. Were you actually using the lower picture as the model, or did you just tag it along to show us what kind of aircraft it was meant to look like? If it was the former case, I guess the reason for warpedness could be that you've been drawing it from a different perspective...

i just tagged that on, what i was using as a model was an article in Twin and Turbine that was talking about some dude renovating a Shrike Commander. you can see the bottom edge of it on the top photo

EDIT: here is what i used

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/155810_10150095196865535_394124910534_7628961_6168 287_n.jpg

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-11, 07:22 PM

Please.
Can I have one?

Ranger Mattos
2011-03-11, 08:34 PM

That... is the most awesome thing I've read all day.

And also my least favorite. Now I don't get to invent it! :smallyuk::smallannoyed:

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 08:43 PM
Yha, same here. Well, the good news is that you could build an improvement on it, maybe =D

TheCountAlucard
2011-03-11, 09:01 PM
So, tomorrow I'm going to travel ~130 miles to play an RPG with an old friend. :smallsmile: He's a good friend of mine, too - I'm happy to be in a game with him.

Dvandemon
2011-03-11, 09:56 PM

Well maybe you found all the most common tropes. Time to dig deeper...
thank you:smallbiggrin:

the eyes on the wings were murder Is that the angel of death(only winged creature I can imagine with eyes on wings)?

Question: What do you think when arguing? I think "this guy is currently my enemy and must be destroyed :smallfurious: or that he's stupid"

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 10:08 PM
Its a mixture of the last one and "man this is fun". For me, most arguments are less about fighting and more a contest to see who can convince the other more. It's a lovely expierance, just sometimes gets a little heated.

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-11, 10:34 PM
Well maybe you found all the most common tropes. Time to dig deeper... Is that the angel of death(only winged creature I can imagine with eyes on wings)?

according to evageeks it's supposedly Samael (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael).

Moff Chumley
2011-03-11, 10:37 PM
RB, I'd like to present a theory: necessary quantity of pizza toppings is inversely proportional to quality of pizza. For a really bad quality pizza to be tasty, it has to be PILED with toppings. But topping ruin a very good pizza. Same thing with hamburgers, to an extent.

...this is what I spend my time thinking about. :smallcool:

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-11, 10:39 PM
RB, I'd like to present a theory: necessary quantity of pizza toppings is inversely proportional to quality of pizza. For a really bad quality pizza to be tasty, it has to be PILED with toppings. But topping ruin a very good pizza. Same thing with hamburgers, to an extent.

...this is what I spend my time thinking about. :smallcool:

i second this theory

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 10:39 PM
Well Moff, you are 100% correct on that theory, atleast from my own additional testing.

The only time this is wrong is when the good pizza is good not only because of just generally tasting good, but is loaded with toppings like the T Rex Pizza at Vernes Pizza.

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-11, 10:43 PM
Well Moff, you are 100% correct on that theory, atleast from my own additional testing.

The only time this is wrong is when the good pizza is good not only because of just generally tasting good, but is loaded with toppings like the T Rex Pizza at Vernes Pizza.

t rex pizza?
http://freakshowplanet.com/images/fun/cartoons/cartoons-5122.jpg

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 10:45 PM
Yha. The T Rex Pizza has every type of meat on it that you can think a pizza joint might have. Up to and including hot dogs.

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-11, 10:46 PM
Yha. The T Rex Pizza has every type of meat on it that you can think a pizza joint might have. Up to and including hot dogs.

i want one. now

Tiger Duck
2011-03-11, 11:01 PM

Oh silly LaZodiac, hot dogs aren't meat ...

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-11, 11:05 PM

they are meat.... just not one single kind of meat:smalltongue:

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 11:08 PM
Yha yha, hot dogs aren ground up whatever. I don't care and don't want to know, I really don't.

Either way, that was just a guess. I don't think they have hot dogs. They do put on like, bacon though.

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-11, 11:11 PM
Yha yha, hot dogs aren ground up whatever. I don't care and don't want to know, I really don't.

Either way, that was just a guess. I don't think they have hot dogs. They do put on like, bacon though.

does they includes anchovies?

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 11:15 PM
That's fish, not meat. I'm not entirely sure, and I'm pretty sure you could have anchovies put on if you wanted.

Worira
2011-03-11, 11:16 PM
Does it include T-Rex meat?

Because if not, you should sue them for false advertising.

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 11:19 PM
Unfortunatly Worira, that can't happen. T Rex is meant to symbolize what you are eating the pizza, a ferocious meat eater. There is no vegetation on the pizza aloud (though cheese is, as is tomato sauce of course)

Zaydos
2011-03-11, 11:20 PM
Now I want anchovie pizza.

Stop looking at me that way.

Unfortunatly Worira, that can't happen. T Rex is meant to symbolize what you are eating the pizza, a ferocious meat eater. There is no vegetation on the pizza aloud (though cheese is, as is tomato sauce of course)

Cheese is dairy not vegetation. As for tomato sauce that's primarily fruit at least, and not bunny food like lettuce or spinach. Corn is fruit as well, delicious fruit

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-11, 11:21 PM
Now I want anchovie pizza.

Stop looking at me that way.

*looks*

i see no wrong in the dragon's desires

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 11:23 PM
Cheese is dairy not vegetation. As for tomato sauce that's primarily fruit at least, and not bunny food like lettuce or spinach. Corn is fruit as well, delicious fruit

Yha, I was including the cheese part incase anyone asked about that. Also...could of sworn tomato was a vegetable.

Also, I really, really hate corn.

Zaydos
2011-03-11, 11:34 PM
Yha, I was including the cheese part incase anyone asked about that. Also...could of sworn tomato was a vegetable.

Also, I really, really hate corn.

Tomato is sometimes classified as a vegetable, and tomato sauce got approved as a vegetable for school lunches :smallconfused: but biologically speaking it's a fruit and culinarily it's often treated as a veggie.

LaZodiac
2011-03-11, 11:36 PM
Ahh, ok. Either way, I only like tomato when it is in soup, sauce, and ketchup forms.

Zaydos
2011-03-11, 11:41 PM
Ahh, ok. Either way, I only like tomato when it is in soup, sauce, and ketchup forms.

I've learned to it them raw. Then again I prefer meat... and potatoes which I bestow the title of honorary meat to because they're potatoes.

Ranger Mattos
2011-03-12, 12:27 AM
avocado, is there any particular reason why you are speaking in green?

ION: Two of the guys on my bus, a fellow nerd and a guy generally regarded as not very intelligent, were discussing antimatter. One of them (the nerd) stated that it would be impossible to produce antimatter, despite evidence like the fact that scientists already have (of course, this is from the same guy who believes that planets orbit in perfect circles, not ellipses). The other said that all we have to do to travel through space, like to Mars and beyond, is to find a material that would not be destroyed by antimatter. Unfortunately, such a material would be theoretically impossible, if my understanding is correct. Interesting. I can't really comment on the whole thing, besides... interesting.

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 12:30 AM
It sounds like your nerd friend is less of a nerd and more of a geek. He doesn't know that sciencetists have created anti mater, and he believes planets orbit in circles. That's..less then steller of him.

Zaydos
2011-03-12, 12:34 AM

ION: Two of the guys on my bus, a fellow nerd and a guy generally regarded as not very intelligent, were discussing antimatter. One of them (the nerd) stated that it would be impossible to produce antimatter, despite evidence like the fact that scientists already have (of course, this is from the same guy who believes that planets orbit in perfect circles, not ellipses). The other said that all we have to do to travel through space, like to Mars and beyond, is to find a material that would not be destroyed by antimatter. Unfortunately, such a material would be theoretically impossible, if my understanding is correct. Interesting. I can't really comment on the whole thing, besides... interesting.

Does your nerd friend believe in crystal spheres?

It sounds like your nerd friend is less of a nerd and more of a geek. He doesn't know that sciencetists have created anti mater, and he believes planets orbit in circles. That's..less then steller of him.

Yay pun! *Searches for shiny trinket from hoard* *presents 1d4 semiprecious stones*

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 12:36 AM
I rolled a 4! Yay! What should I roll to determine what type of stone they are?

I don't know what pun I did oh no

Zaydos
2011-03-12, 12:40 AM
I rolled a 4! Yay! What should I roll to determine what type of stone they are?

I don't know what pun I did oh no

Consults his 2e DMG... it has been a while... let's see... appendix 1... a d6 for 1 of them which is either unussually valuable or flawed.

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 12:46 AM
Ok, lets see...rolled a 5! What I get =P

Zaydos
2011-03-12, 12:51 AM
Ok, lets see...rolled a 5! What I get =P

Stone is worth half it's base value... so 3 are worth 50 GP each and one is worth 25 GP each... I mean...

-DM mode activates- Three of the stones seem to be fairly average specimens of a pinkish stone known as rose quartz. The last is an example of cut clear quartz the kind which seems almost as transparent as fine glass, except that the cutter made a single jarring mistake that mars the value of the stone significantly.

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 12:54 AM
Awe, ok. Also, rose is pretty, hooray.

Zaydos
2011-03-12, 12:55 AM
Awe, ok. Also, rose is pretty, hooray.

Tis one of my favorite stones to tell the truth.

Moff Chumley
2011-03-12, 01:11 AM
I wonder how far Clone Week will spiral out of control. Last time we got to 21 pages in one thread, and this time, we're at close to fifteen pages across four threads and the week hasn't even started yet.

>:3

Teddy
2011-03-12, 03:48 AM

Cap' is correct. At least here in Sweden (Europe, actually, as it's the EU that has decided this), there are rules for the minimum (as well as the maximum) allowed amount of meat in a sausage. Guess why hot dogs are called what they're called (hint: meat is expensive).

I've learned to it them raw. Then again I prefer meat... and potatoes which I bestow the title of honorary meat to because they're potatoes.

Did you know that potatoes and tomatos are related. Potatoes even grow green tomato-like fruit that is poisonous.

Also, for some obscure reason, Swedes are, IIRC, the most tomato-eating people in the world. It's quite strange that our most popular vegetable can't be grown in a large scale without a greenhouse. :smallamused:

Unfortunately, such a material would be theoretically impossible, if my understanding is correct.

Actually, anti-matter is 100% anti-matterproof, so, if you build a research lab out of anti-matter... :smallwink:

Tis one of my favorite stones to tell the truth.

It's beautiful indeed. I found a small but quite extraordinary specimen of what i believe is rose quartz in a quarry/sand pit where I had an orienteering competition. I believe it's resting in a drawer somewhere in my room...

Perenelle
2011-03-12, 12:03 PM
I'm warning you now, I'm typing with one hand so there may be errors.

Long story short... I stabbed my left hand with a steak knife Wednesday night, hence my absence over the past few days.:smallfrown: I was trying to cut one of those giant Hershey kisses and the knife slipped. We went to the hospital and found out that I had cut through one of my smaller arteries and part of my muscle. I'll be having surgery on Monday to check my nerves.

And the worst part of it all is that today I was going to be auditioning for All-State band. :smallfrown: I worked all year to qualify and I was so sure I was going to make it today, but now I can't even hold my flute, much less play it... I'm so upset with myself..

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-12, 12:12 PM
Long story short... I stabbed my left hand with a steak knife Wednesday night, hence my absence over the past few days.:smallfrown: I was trying to cut one of those giant Hershey kisses and the knife slipped. We went to the hospital and found out that I had cut through one of my smaller arteries and part of my muscle. I'll be having surgery on Monday to check my nerves.

I saw on Facebook. I hope you're ok. :smallfrown:

Perenelle
2011-03-12, 12:16 PM
I saw on Facebook. I hope you're ok. :smallfrown:

Meh, It hurts like Hell. But I'm okay, I guess. I'm more upset about not being able to play flute than stabbing my hand itself, I wish I had broken my ankle or stabbed my leg or something instead. :smallsigh:

HalfTangible
2011-03-12, 12:31 PM
Meh, It hurts like Hell. But I'm okay, I guess. I'm more upset about not being able to play flute than stabbing my hand itself, I wish I had broken my ankle or stabbed my leg or something instead. :smallsigh:

I'd give you a hug if i wasn't terrified of physical contact.

Ah, screw it *hug*

Teddy
2011-03-12, 12:43 PM
I'm warning you now, I'm typing with one hand so there may be errors.

And the worst part of it all is that today I was going to be auditioning for All-State band. :smallfrown: I worked all year to qualify and I was so sure I was going to make it today, but now I can't even hold my flute, much less play it... I'm so upset with myself..

Ouch! Tough break.

What part did you manage to cut? I'm trying to create a mental picture to overwrite the heartbeat feeling in my left thumb (your story rememberd me of when I managed to cut the tip of it. Nothing serious, but I could feel my heartbeat in it for a week or so).

ION:
That RB doesn't subscribe to the rules of chronology is already a widely known fact, but I still feel the need to state it whenever this becomes extra apparent. Like this whole day, for example...

Dvandemon
2011-03-12, 12:46 PM
That's fish, not meat. I'm not entirely sure, and I'm pretty sure you could have anchovies put on if you wanted.

Fish is meat (I know vegetarians who claim this but they need to stop cheating >.>)
Its a mixture of the last one and "man this is fun". For me, most arguments are less about fighting and more a contest to see who can convince the other more. It's a lovely expierance, just sometimes gets a little heated.

Sometimes I seek (small ones) them out, does that make me a bad person :smallfrown: I recently had a thought, "If you're so sure of yourself then why are you trying to convince me? Why do you care if I agree?"

I used to hate regular tomatoes, they were slimy and tasteless. But then I tried them on my burger and heated up in my scrambled eggs (delicious!). Potatoes are awesome culinarily because since they naturally have little flavor you can load them up with whatever

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 12:53 PM
Ouch, if it weren't for the fact that my hand is feeling kinda numb today, that knife story would certainly make it feel numb now!

Additionaly, Grandma doesns't want me to play Pokemon becauses I was blushing while playing it. Is that kinda..you know, dumb?

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-12, 12:57 PM
Ouch, if it weren't for the fact that my hand is feeling kinda numb today, that knife story would certainly make it feel numb now!

Additionaly, Grandma doesns't want me to play Pokemon becauses I was blushing while playing it. Is that kinda..you know, dumb?

But some of those poke-manz are so attractive! :smallamused:

Fredaintdead
2011-03-12, 12:58 PM

Yes, that is a little dumb I think.

Dvandemon
2011-03-12, 12:58 PM
@LaZodiac: My friend had an injury in his hand once. The damage made it permanently numb.

At your grandma...what? Why were you blushing though?

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 12:59 PM
I know! It doesn't help that, you know, my pinkie finger feels like it's not getting any blood and has felt like that for about an hour. Playing a game would distract from that.

And I was blushing because hrmfrmhrmfhrfmr not going to say :smalltongue::smallredface:

Perenelle
2011-03-12, 01:07 PM
I'd give you a hug if i wasn't terrified of physical contact.

Ah, screw it *hug*

*hugs back* thanks.

Ouch! Tough break.

What part did you manage to cut? I'm trying to create a mental picture to overwrite the heartbeat feeling in my left thumb (your story rememberd me of when I managed to cut the tip of it. Nothing serious, but I could feel my heartbeat in it for a week or so).

The knife went into the fatty part between my thumb and index finger, and somehow I manged to cut below the base of my thumb too. I'm guessing that when I pulled the knifed out of my hand I slid it against my palm accidentally. Not sure, it happened really quickly. I didn't really stop to think about what happened when I went screaming into the living room trailing blood everywhere. =P

Dvandemon
2011-03-12, 01:15 PM
I know! It doesn't help that, you know, my pinkie finger feels like it's not getting any blood and has felt like that for about an hour. Playing a game would distract from that.

And I was blushing because hrmfrmhrmfhrfmr not going to say :smalltongue::smallredface:

Ohohohoho XD

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 01:40 PM
Slight Zodi Finger update. No change so far, pinkie is still tingly. It's not ACTUALLY numb, it just feels like it would if it were numb. Grandma thinks it might be carpel thunnel syndrome. Any aspiring internet doctors got any idea what it is?

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2011-03-12, 01:48 PM
*Hugs Perry*

Curly and Thufir, I'll do it then, when I get a moment. Right now I am preparing to head out to a Steampunk birthday party at a video game themed bar with several friends from the drama society. :smallbiggrin:

Thufir
2011-03-12, 01:58 PM
Right now I am preparing to head out to a Steampunk birthday party at a video game themed bar with several friends from the drama society. :smallbiggrin:

You're trying to mske me post the ENVY!-pic again aren't you. It won't work, I've been to a Steampunk birthday party before. And I bet my friends are much more interesting than your poxy drama society. :smalltongue:
...OK, OK, no, we don't have a video game themed bar.
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k63/Razor-Sharp_H7/Avatar/ENVY-Thufir.png

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-12, 02:00 PM

i like green. avocados are green.

Slight Zodi Finger update. No change so far, pinkie is still tingly. It's not ACTUALLY numb, it just feels like it would if it were numb. Grandma thinks it might be carpel thunnel syndrome. Any aspiring internet doctors got any idea what it is?

maybe. i get the same thing when i play my xbox too long.

Dvandemon
2011-03-12, 03:18 PM
so i herd u liek avocados?

@Zodi: My left thumb is kind of sore, I was playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare all last night and did a lot of running

Teddy
2011-03-12, 03:34 PM
The knife went into the fatty part between my thumb and index finger, and somehow I manged to cut below the base of my thumb too. I'm guessing that when I pulled the knifed out of my hand I slid it against my palm accidentally. Not sure, it happened really quickly. I didn't really stop to think about what happened when I went screaming into the living room trailing blood everywhere. =P

There are two responses to serious injury. Yours seem to have been the "OMG I'm WOUNDED!". I tend to do the "Well, it seems I'm injured. It doesn't hurt, but that's probably due to the shock. Yes, it seems I'm bleeding. I should probably seek aid as soon as possible."

Extreme rationality in extreme situations tend to be a bit hilarious in retrospect... :smallwink:

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 03:37 PM
@Zodi: My left thumb is kind of sore, I was playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare all last night and did a lot of running

Well, the thing is, I've been playing games since I was like 7, and have OFTEN playedgames for entire days. This is the first time it's ever happened. The theory we have right now is that I slept on my hand wrong.

Dvil
2011-03-12, 03:54 PM
Well, the thing is, I've been playing games since I was like 7, and have OFTEN playedgames for entire days. This is the first time it's ever happened. The theory we have right now is that I slept on my hand wrong.

Makes sense to me, though if I do that the effects rarely last more than an hour or two. Unless it's my neck, when it seems to be stiff for days after.

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 03:58 PM
Well, the good news is that my finger is feeling better now so no more problems!

Additionaly, it went away right as I caught one of my favorite pokemon from Black and White. Maybe it was a Want Sense that somehow developed while I slept.

Dvil
2011-03-12, 04:05 PM
Well, the good news is that my finger is feeling better now so no more problems!

Additionaly, it went away right as I caught one of my favorite pokemon from Black and White. Maybe it was a Want Sense that somehow developed while I slept.

Must be. I'd ask which one, but I wouldn't know it anyway.

Zaydos
2011-03-12, 04:39 PM
Did you know that potatoes and tomatos are related. Potatoes even grow green tomato-like fruit that is poisonous.

Belladonna family, yeah. Didn't know about potatoes' fruit though, doesn't surprise me knowing the family.

*hug*

Why were you blushing? :smallbiggrin: You don't have to answer :P

Which one?

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 04:48 PM
I'm blushing because I may or may not have a boyfriend right now XP

Oops dropped whiteout on my screen.

Dvil
2011-03-12, 04:55 PM

That's great, congrats!

Zaydos
2011-03-12, 04:57 PM
I'm blushing because

Congrats! Also what pokemon did you catch?

Dvil
2011-03-12, 04:58 PM
Congrats! Also what pokemon did you catch?

Aye, get to the important stuff, eh? :smalltongue:

Zaydos
2011-03-12, 04:58 PM
Aye, get to the important stuff, eh? :smalltongue:

Keep the conversation moving :P Alright I do like pokemon a little more than is healthy.

Fredaintdead
2011-03-12, 05:03 PM

Congratulations Lala. *high fives*

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 05:03 PM
Golett. I intend to get an egg from it, and trade it to Black so I can play through that game as if Golett was my starter pokemon. I love Golett because IT IS A MECHA and therefor I love it.

*high fives Fred*

Teddy
2011-03-12, 06:16 PM
Belladonna family, yeah. Didn't know about potatoes' fruit though, doesn't surprise me knowing the family.

Fun fact: When Potatos were introduced to Europe, many of those who grew them initially thought that they were supposed to eat the fruit, and got themselves poisoned (its same poison as in a potato with a green peel). As a consequence, it took some time for the potato to become a hit, because everyone was extremely suspicious to it.

ZombyWoof
2011-03-12, 06:17 PM
Golett. I intend to get an egg from it, and trade it to Black so I can play through that game as if Golett was my starter pokemon. I love Golett because IT IS A MECHA and therefor I love it.

*high fives Fred*
I swear if you've blocked me on MSN :smallmad: :smallwink:

EDIT: Whoops not logged in :smallredface:

Dvil
2011-03-12, 06:19 PM
I swear if you've blocked me on MSN :smallmad: :smallwink:

EDIT: Whoops not logged in :smallredface:

Smooth.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 06:20 PM
Don't worry Woof, I've done that to. Happens to the best of us sometimes XP

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-12, 06:30 PM

I feel a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of Playgrounders suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced...

:smalltongue:

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 06:36 PM
Heh, I doubt they'll stay THAT silent Avocado.

Teddy
2011-03-12, 06:42 PM
Heh, I doubt they'll stay THAT silent Avocado.

Well, if we're only looking at RB, it every now and then gets stuck in a time freeze for half a day or so, and I guess that could qualify as silent enough, even though I doubt there are actually 1000 active Banterists (although, if we count the inactive too... :smalltongue:).

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 06:47 PM
Yha, I noticed that too. There seems to be a time each day where it just stops. Kinda weird..

Kneenibble
2011-03-12, 06:48 PM
Fun fact: When Potatos were introduced to Europe, many of those who grew them initially thought that they were supposed to eat the fruit, and got themselves poisoned (its same poison as in a potato with a green peel). As a consequence, it took some time for the potato to become a hit, because everyone was extremely suspicious to it.

Was that related to the contemporary superstition that eating a raw tomato was fatally poisonous? I'll bet it was.

I wonder if it's fun poison.

Dvil
2011-03-12, 06:49 PM
That reminds me of when people occasionally go on about how eating apple seeds is poisonous. I point out that they are, but so slightly that you'd have to eat like 1000 of them to really notice the effects.

Kneenibble
2011-03-12, 06:50 PM
That reminds me of when people occasionally go on about how eating apple seeds is poisonous. I point out that they are, but so slightly that you'd have to eat like 1000 of them to really notice the effects.

They're also delicious.

Dvil
2011-03-12, 06:51 PM
Ah, I don't eat them.

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 06:52 PM
Poison tends to be delicious,that's why people drink. Also, let's not even get started on Fugu.

Teddy
2011-03-12, 07:09 PM
Was that related to the contemporary superstition that eating a raw tomato was fatally poisonous? I'll bet it was.

I wonder if it's fun poison.

*shrug*

Ah, I don't eat them.

Heh, I always eat the whole apple, except for the shaft, which I only eat if I forget I shouldn't (the fibres have sharp edges, and a tendency to get stuck in my throat). It started as a combination of a willing to get all the delicious fruit and a laziness to get rid of the core.

I also eat potatoes without peeling them. Hey, I'm not lazy, it's the peel that's the most nutrient rich. :smallwink:

Dvil
2011-03-12, 07:16 PM
I do the same with Kiwi fruit, just bite straight in. Get a lot of funny looks that way.

Ranger Mattos
2011-03-12, 08:05 PM
Woohoo! I've got a new Trans-Siberian Orchestra album!!! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Well, ok, I don't own it, I'm renting it from the library, but still!

(It's Night Castle, for anyone interested)

Perenelle
2011-03-12, 08:19 PM
There are two responses to serious injury. Yours seem to have been the "OMG I'm WOUNDED!". I tend to do the "Well, it seems I'm injured. It doesn't hurt, but that's probably due to the shock. Yes, it seems I'm bleeding. I should probably seek aid as soon as possible."

Extreme rationality in extreme situations tend to be a bit hilarious in retrospect... :smallwink:

I wish I had your reaction, I worked myself up so much I almost passed out. (oh wait, maybe that was because I was losing so much blood =P )

I do the same with Kiwi fruit, just bite straight in. Get a lot of funny looks that way.

I love kiwis!!! :smallbiggrin: and mangoes. They're probably my two favorite fruits.
you eat the fuzzies? :smalleek:

Woohoo! I've got a new Trans-Siberian Orchestra album!!! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

YAY! :smallbiggrin:

Zaydos
2011-03-12, 08:48 PM

*shrug*

Heh, I always eat the whole apple, except for the shaft, which I only eat if I forget I shouldn't (the fibres have sharp edges, and a tendency to get stuck in my throat). It started as a combination of a willing to get all the delicious fruit and a laziness to get rid of the core.

I also eat potatoes without peeling them. Hey, I'm not lazy, it's the peel that's the most nutrient rich. :smallwink:

Kind of wonder if the tomato poison scares were related; that and the fact that they're closely related to DEADLY nightshade.

As for eating the whole apple, I do that at times; they're just so good.

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-12, 08:54 PM
you eat the fuzzies? :smalleek:

built in dental floss:smalltongue:

IONthis (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v2xnl6LwJE&feature=player_embedded) makes my brain hurt

Thufir
2011-03-12, 10:39 PM
...why do I do this?
It's 3:35am. I should be heading bedwards pretty soon, and yet I remain up. And what am I doing still up at this time? Writing? Investigating possibilities for postgraduate study? Drawing myself a new avatar? No, I'm reading bits of old RB threads, interspersed with brief interludes of youtube videos and people's blogs.
This is really not sensible. But I find it so amusing to look into my own past...

LaZodiac
2011-03-12, 11:47 PM
I'm kinda surprised Thufir. I'm...not big on the whole "look into my past" thing. I like to live in the now and tomorrow, remembering the mistakes of the past but not actually remembering the past itself.

Zaydos
2011-03-12, 11:54 PM
Alongside the road
Flowers of bright purple grow
I leave them behind

I can't remember the middle line properly.

Heliomance
2011-03-13, 12:01 AM

Well, ok, I don't own it, I'm renting it from the library, but still!

(It's Night Castle, for anyone interested)

It would be a pretty good album, except that it includes a cover of Carmina Burana. This makes it an awesome album.

LaZodiac
2011-03-13, 12:01 AM
Either way, that is an awesome haiku.

Also, grr I hate dragon gyms and Ice Beam is only obtainable in post game. Grargh.

Zaydos
2011-03-13, 12:04 AM
Either way, that is an awesome haiku.

Also, grr I hate dragon gyms and Ice Beam is only obtainable in post game. Grargh.

There are more satisfying ways to beat a dragon than with ice type attacks. Although beating a dragonite with a lower level raticate is fun (I miss blue version).

Ice to kill dragons
Those lords of the higher tiers
So swiftly they fall.

LaZodiac
2011-03-13, 12:19 AM
Ah, see, my problem is that I always keep the pokemon I choose for my party untill the end of the game. So I have Serperior, Swoobat, Zebstrika, Krookodile, Stoutland, and Simipour. Of those, none can learn the moves I need XP

Oh well, I'm making do. BULLDOZER RRRRRRRR *everything dies*

Zaydos
2011-03-13, 12:24 AM
Ah, see, my problem is that I always keep the pokemon I choose for my party untill the end of the game. So I have Serperior, Swoobat, Zebstrika, Krookodile, Stoutland, and Simipour. Of those, none can learn the moves I need XP

Oh well, I'm making do. BULLDOZER RRRRRRRR *everything dies*

I had a lower level raticate against the Elite Four. It was the first pokemon I caught on that game, I raised it to level 100 along with a pidgeot, a butterfree, a beedrill, a raichu and my charizard. I can understand having to bulldozer through things since I usually use whatever I catch first (but my mightyena was so cute).

LaZodiac
2011-03-13, 12:38 AM
Well, I say bulldoze because it's a move one of my pokemon has, hehe =P

Also..Iris actually falls pretty easily. Dragon Dance doesn't do muchgood when you don't stop to attack me.

Zaydos
2011-03-13, 12:44 AM
You dragon dance once, maybe twice if they do something really silly. +50% speed and attack is enough with a dragon.

I should really be in the pokemon thread :smallredface:

Strange, new, or crazy
Always a friend can be found
In Random Banter :smalltongue:

ZombyWoof
2011-03-13, 01:15 AM
DDDos is probably my favorite build of all time. "Oh hai there Skarmory, how would you like to watch me become g-g-g-godlike?" *proceeds to 6-0 sweep*

Heliomance
2011-03-13, 02:29 AM
Psh, balanced teams and type matchups. My way of playing Pokemon: Use the starter. The other five slots in your inventory are there purely for the purpose of learning useful HMs. The starter pokemon is the only one that ever fights. Choose the one that has a type advantage for the first two gyms, after that, the fact that it doesn't have to share the experience means it will have enough of a level advantage to stomp all over every fight, type strengths and weaknesses be damned.

Yes, a level 65-70 pokemon can solo the Elite Four, assuming you have enough ethers.

Skeppio
2011-03-13, 02:32 AM
Kinda sad that the games actively punish you for daring to try raising a full balanced team instead of just cheaply plowing through with one overlevelled 'mon. You know, the kind of balanced team that the game encourages you to build? Bah! :smallmad:

Orzel
2011-03-13, 02:46 AM
Damn you Autocorrect!
Its Saturday night
you know I xant check my texts to correctness

LaZodiac
2011-03-13, 02:55 AM
Man Helio, Skeppio, I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't feel punished for having a balanced team at all XP

The slight difficulty rise I might get is all part of the fun (because, Whitney Clone Lenora is the only gym that is actually difficult in this game, atleast for me)

Archonic Energy
2011-03-13, 03:52 AM
am i a bad person?

The first thing i thought when i heard about the radiation leak in Japan is:
OMG GODZILLA!

Teddy
2011-03-13, 05:15 AM
Man Helio, Skeppio, I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't feel punished for having a balanced team at all XP

The slight difficulty rise I might get is all part of the fun (because, Whitney Clone Lenora is the only gym that is actually difficult in this game, atleast for me)

Heh, I remember what a pain it was for me to beat Whitney in the original Silver game. My highest level pokemon was a Pigeot (I have a penchant for bird pokemon), and Pigeot doesn't do well against Rollout.

am i a bad person?

The first thing i thought when i heard about the radiation leak in Japan is:
OMG GODZILLA!

Nah. People react differently to different situation. That your reaction to someone elses catastrophy doesn't include an emotional breakdown doesn't mean that you're a bad person. More like "not labile", actually... :smallwink:

I spent the first evenings commenting on how the houses just let go of the ground and floated away. And how the ships suddenly wanted to befriend the ground in a new and interesting way...

Heliomance
2011-03-13, 05:46 AM
Heh, I remember what a pain it was for me to beat Whitney in the original Silver game. My highest level pokemon was a Pigeot (I have a penchant for bird pokemon), and Pigeot doesn't do well against Rollout.

Surely Fly breaks the chain?

Dvil
2011-03-13, 08:35 AM
You don't get that until way later though, so aside from some cheeky trading with someone else who has access to the HM that's not an option unfortunately.

Teddy
2011-03-13, 08:46 AM
You don't get that until way later though, so aside from some cheeky trading with someone else who has access to the HM that's not an option unfortunately.

Exactly. And it would kick my bird in (I think) 2 rounds or so, and it only grows stronger, so it would one-shot three or so more pokemon before it finally ended. I grew a passionated hatred for that Miltank of hers, and learned to train more than ordinarily when I was going to battle her.

Orzel
2011-03-13, 09:06 AM
Rollout gives me Flashbacks like some sort of miltart vet. It's messed up how 75% of the mon catchable by then are weak to rock.

ION:

I missed my friends free "old southern lady" breakfast.
I really felt like some grits and biscuits. :smallfrown:

Remember this everyone: Partying makes you miss grits,

Thufir
2011-03-13, 09:49 AM
I'm kinda surprised Thufir. I'm...not big on the whole "look into my past" thing. I like to live in the now and tomorrow, remembering the mistakes of the past but not actually remembering the past itself.

Well, sure, I don't dwell on the mistakes of the past... and I don't actually remember the past in that much detail, which is why it's so interesting to look back on it. I've had a lot of good times on this forum, and I can't remember most of them until reminded.

Serperior, Swoobat, Zebstrika, Krookodile, Stoutland, and Simipour.

...none of those pokemon exist. There are only 251 pokemon la la la...

Psh, balanced teams and type matchups. My way of playing Pokemon: Use the starter. The other five slots in your inventory are there purely for the purpose of learning useful HMs. The starter pokemon is the only one that ever fights. Choose the one that has a type advantage for the first two gyms, after that, the fact that it doesn't have to share the experience means it will have enough of a level advantage to stomp all over every fight, type strengths and weaknesses be damned.

Yes, a level 65-70 pokemon can solo the Elite Four, assuming you have enough ethers.

Type advantage for the first two gyms? PAH! CHARMANDER IS THE BEST STARTER POKEMON EVER.
By contrast, my approach to Pokemon involves never using items, so mine usually have to be level somewhere in the 80s before they can solo the Elite Four.

Fredaintdead
2011-03-13, 09:51 AM
Type advantage for the first two gyms? PAH! CHARMANDER IS THE BEST STARTER POKEMON EVER.

Well, even Charmander can have a type advantage over the 1st gym if you're playing any Gen III and beyond game. Metal Claw.
But yes, Charmander is the best starter ever.

Thufir
2011-03-13, 09:58 AM
Well, even Charmander can have a type advantage over the 1st gym if you're playing any Gen III and beyond game. Metal Claw.
But yes, Charmander is the best starter ever.

if you're playing any Gen III and beyond game.

Gen III and beyond

I do not know of this 'Gen III' of which you speak. It does not exist.

Teddy
2011-03-13, 10:24 AM
Rollout gives me Flashbacks like some sort of miltart vet. It's messed up how 75% of the mon catchable by then are weak to rock.

Yeah, the distribution of types tend to be a bit uneven. In Diamond (as well as Pearl), Ponyta is practically the only catchable fire pokémon before the National Pokédex if you didn't chose chimchar as your starter. At the same time, both water and grass are readily available just about everywhere...

Silver (as well as Gold) mostly did the same thing, but not that extreme.

Fredaintdead
2011-03-13, 10:26 AM
I do not know of this 'Gen III' of which you speak. It does not exist.

FireRed and LeafGreen? Ever heard of those?

Zaydos
2011-03-13, 10:32 AM

Lv 56 Arcanine, when it was done. Did let another pokemon take a hit or two while I used healing items on him but he was the only one to attack. Blue version.

A team of 6 with mixed types as opposed to taking Arcanine and barreling through the game. It takes over x6 as long to beat the game with the team of 6 and more than x6 as long to get them all up to level 100.

Orzel
2011-03-13, 11:09 AM
Yeah, the distribution of types tend to be a bit uneven. In Diamond (as well as Pearl), Ponyta is practically the only catchable fire pokémon before the National Pokédex if you didn't chose chimchar as your starter. At the same time, both water and grass are readily available just about everywhere...

Silver (as well as Gold) mostly did the same thing, but not that extreme.

Game Freak was stingy on fire types.

ION: damn you Arbys and your catchy jingle!
Ain't no Arbys in my hood!

Time to play the Diglett song to erase the earworm.

LaZodiac
2011-03-13, 12:04 PM
Lv 56 Arcanine, when it was done. Did let another pokemon take a hit or two while I used healing items on him but he was the only one to attack. Blue version.

A team of 6 with mixed types as opposed to taking Arcanine and barreling through the game. It takes over x6 as long to beat the game with the team of 6 and more than x6 as long to get them all up to level 100.

I don't know, the way EXP works in Black and White might make it easier to keep everyone balanced. At any rate, I don't mind if it takes six times longer to beat the game. I've clocked I think 130 hours in Soul Silver, and intend to clock more after a while. I just love these games.

Ohman, I have Arbies up here but I HATE the new jingle.

Zaydos
2011-03-13, 12:20 PM
I forget how many I have on Diamond... and on Emerald before I erased it. 450+ hours :smallredface:

I only tested time on Blue version; it was quickest to take two traded pokemon and raise them to 100 (water and grass; good type overlay; too easy).

Orzel
2011-03-13, 12:25 PM
I had got it out my brain then my cousin screams "CAT PEOPLE DOG PEOPLE! THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME WAY NUDE!"

one thrown shoe later.... I am looking for my copy of SSX3

LaZodiac
2011-03-13, 12:28 PM
Good luck Orzel. Getting horrible jingles out of your head is tough work.

Orzel
2011-03-13, 12:33 PM
Getting songs out your head isn't the hard part.
It's getting songs out your head that's the hard part. HAHAHA!

Just replace one song you hate for another that you can stand.
Trio Trio Trio.

Teddy
2011-03-13, 01:02 PM
Getting songs out your head isn't the hard part.
It's getting songs out your head that's the hard part. HAHAHA!

These sentences makes my brain hurt so much. I think I'm going back to my battle airship just to get rid of these words.

I've always wanted a battle airship. The best of, like, three worlds, or something.

LaZodiac
2011-03-13, 01:03 PM
I'm sorry Teddy, but could you explain what exactly Orzel meant by that? Because I have nooo idea.

Thufir
2011-03-13, 01:39 PM
The only logical interpretation for those two sentences I can think of is:

Getting a specific song out of your head isn't the hard part.
Getting songs in general out of your head is the hard part.

So you replace one song stuck in your head with another song that gets stuck in your head, but you can't just flat out remove it and not have a song stuck in your head.

LaZodiac
2011-03-13, 01:40 PM
Ahh, ok. Thank you Thufir!

Fredaintdead
2011-03-13, 01:56 PM

So you replace one song stuck in your head with another song that gets stuck in your head, but you can't just flat out remove it and not have a song stuck in your head.

Exactly right Mr. Thufir sir.

Banelings banelings banelings oooooh... dammit.

Tiger Duck
2011-03-13, 02:03 PM
I love songs in my head, it's usually a sing that I'm exceedingly happy. :smallbiggrin:

LaZodiac
2011-03-13, 02:25 PM
Same here Captain Happy. I love having songs in my head, actually. Just sometimes they are so bad XP

Orzel
2011-03-13, 02:30 PM

Exactly.

You can't remove the song, You can only replace it with something else or wait for it to leave on it's own.

Dvil
2011-03-13, 02:37 PM
I constantly have music in my head, but rarely songs. More often it's instrumental stuff.

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-13, 02:44 PM
i play poison and ghost types only.

HalfTangible
2011-03-13, 02:52 PM

If they made a pokemon game with a dragon type starter I would buy the newest handheld just to bask in the awesome ^^

Zaydos
2011-03-13, 02:57 PM
If they made a pokemon game with a dragon type starter I would buy the newest handheld just to bask in the awesome ^^

Yes. Although Charizard still beats out all but one dragon type in AWESOME.

Tiger Duck
2011-03-13, 02:57 PM
I constantly have music in my head, but rarely songs. More often it's instrumental stuff.

Mine does usually a female vocalist singing lyrics in my head :smallsmile:

Dvil
2011-03-13, 02:58 PM
Mine does usually a female vocalist singing lyrics in my head :smallsmile:

Any particular female vocalist, or just a random one?

Tiger Duck
2011-03-13, 03:09 PM
whomever usually sings the song,
I just have a preference to that kind of music. and lyrics fill my head easier than just instrument.

Dvil
2011-03-13, 03:15 PM
Ah, right. I've developed a tendency to listen out for trumpet lines in music, so they stick in my head better as a result.

Tiger Duck
2011-03-13, 03:30 PM
you happen to play the trumpet yourself?

Dvil
2011-03-13, 03:34 PM
Yes, indeedy. Just over 9 years now. Got my Grade 8 not long ago. Merit.

Tiger Duck
2011-03-13, 03:44 PM
fairly impressive, I always wanted to play an instrument, I think I have the hands for the piano. I just don't make the effort. :smallfrown:

Dvil
2011-03-13, 03:50 PM
Ah, brass is good fun. Well worth a go.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-13, 03:56 PM
Kinda sad that the games actively punish you for daring to try raising a full balanced team instead of just cheaply plowing through with one overlevelled 'mon. You know, the kind of balanced team that the game encourages you to build? Bah! :smallmad:

It does now, as you get less XP from having an overleveled 'mon fight a lower level 'mon.

Teddy
2011-03-13, 04:00 PM
I'm sorry Teddy, but could you explain what exactly Orzel meant by that? Because I have nooo idea.

I figured it was something like Thufir said, but thinking too much about it made my head hurt, which was why I wrote that post.

Some of my least favourite types, actually.

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-13, 04:05 PM
Some of my least favourite types, actually.

i forgot psychics. i like psychics

my current party consists of a golduck, 3 haunters, a kadabra, and my starter pokemon

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-13, 04:06 PM
3 Haunters... The type spread that you lack, you cold be run through with a Houndoom and Electabuzz.

Tiger Duck
2011-03-13, 04:08 PM
Ah, brass is good fun. Well worth a go.

Don't have the breathing down for a brass, not the feeling for snares and not the rhythm for drums.

but like I said, I might be able to learn an instrument, I'm just not motivated to actually do it. :smallamused:

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-13, 04:11 PM
3 Haunters... The type spread that you lack, you cold be run through with a Houndoom and Electabuzz.

my tactics with haunter involves using curse. therefore it is good to have spares

Eadin
2011-03-13, 04:13 PM
Don't have the breathing down for a brass, not the feeling for snares and not the rhythm for drums.

but like I said, I might be able to learn an instrument, I'm just not motivated to actually do it. :smallamused:

I tried to learn to play guitar once...
I just didn't have the patience for it:smallsigh:
I can still play a few songs

Zaydos
2011-03-13, 04:15 PM
my tactics with haunter involves using curse. therefore it is good to have spares

Eh, in their current state unless they have + Spd natures I'd trust one Salamence to take them all out (Verdandi; max Speed or 1 less than max speed possible :smallbiggrin: No using glitches or hacks). Evolved they'd be more of a challenge but tyranitar would tear through them all after DD unless golduck was first and even then he'd only have to survive one STAB water move at +50% Sp Def.

I raise psuedolegendaries rather often.

Tiger Duck
2011-03-13, 04:16 PM
I tried to learn to play guitar once...
I just didn't have the patience for it:smallsigh:
I can still play a few songs

I've tried the piano fairly recently. and now I can play the beginning of Fur Elise.

But my skills don't go further then that :smallwink:

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-13, 04:25 PM
Eh, in their current state unless they have + Spd natures I'd trust one Salamence to take them all out (Verdandi; max Speed or 1 less than max speed possible :smallbiggrin: No using glitches or hacks). Evolved they'd be more of a challenge but tyranitar would tear through them all after DD unless golduck was first and even then he'd only have to survive one STAB water move at +50% Sp Def.

I raise psuedolegendaries rather often.

which pokemon game are you playing?

Zaydos
2011-03-13, 04:30 PM
which pokemon game are you playing?

Up through 4th gen.

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-13, 04:35 PM
Up through 4th gen.

all i gots is leaf green and fire red

Zaydos
2011-03-13, 04:39 PM
all i gots is leaf green and fire red

Ah before Sandstorm increased Special Defense, also the Phys/Special rearrangement on attacks. 3rd Gen it's a little harder to just cut through that team, although Dragon Claw was still a powerful OHKO on anything not Sp Def specced. I'd have to look at my team a bit more.

Perenelle
2011-03-13, 04:47 PM

*thrusts flute into hands* Flute! FLUTE! You should play it!

ION: My hand surgery is tomorrow... I'm scared. :smallfrown:

Tiger Duck
2011-03-13, 04:54 PM
That makes me remember, I' have played the English-flute 2 years in school. and again I remember one song. or at least the lyrics of it.

Daar zat een sneew wit vogeltje
al op een steekledoorentje.

humm that can't be all of it, I must have forgotten some of it. :smallfrown:

I'll help you hope everything will be okay

Zaydos
2011-03-13, 04:55 PM

Good luck, I hope everything goes well.

Dvil
2011-03-13, 04:55 PM

It'll be fine! If you get nervous just remember how many friends from the Playground are wishing you well!

MoonCat
2011-03-13, 04:56 PM

Good luck! I'm sure it'll go fine, don't worry.

Teddy
2011-03-13, 04:57 PM
i forgot psychics. i like psychics

Another type I'm not too fond of. There are some psychics I can stand, though.

ION: Finished my battle airship:
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4738/sbattleairship.png

The radio antenna creates a nice optical illusion on the observation deck. Makes it look curved even though it isn't. Also, flying away in one of those fighters seem risky, thanks to aforementioned antenna.

Also, I'm wondering what the abbreviation of this "ship" type would be. Battleships are abbreviated BB (BattleBoat). Would that make this a BAB (BattleAirBoat)? :smallwink:

Dvil
2011-03-13, 05:00 PM
Oh, so much bad physics in Pokemon. Victini apparently produces "unlimited energy". That must get tiring.

Perenelle
2011-03-13, 05:02 PM
That makes me remember, I' have played the English-flute 2 years in school. and again I remember one song. or at least the lyrics of it.

Close enough. :smalltongue:

Good luck, I hope everything goes well.

Thanks, I hope so too.

Good luck! I'm sure it'll go fine, don't worry.

Thanks, this'll be the first time I've ever had actual surgery.. =/ I don't like knifes or needles or anything, and I'm afraid I'll wake up in the middle of it or something. :smallfrown:

It'll be fine! If you get nervous just remember how many friends from the Playground are wishing you well!

mmkay.. that may help a bit. :smallsmile:

Teddy
2011-03-13, 05:04 PM

al op een steekledoorentje.

humm that can't be all of it, I must have forgotten some of it. :smallfrown:

Do you know what language it is? Using some German/faux Dutch pronounciation, I could make perfect sense out of everything except the last word in Swedish.

Dvil
2011-03-13, 05:19 PM
Thanks, this'll be the first time I've ever had actual surgery.. =/ I don't like knifes or needles or anything, and I'm afraid I'll wake up in the middle of it or something. :smallfrown:

If it helps, I'll tell you about the first time I ever had surgery. I'd just broken my wrists, and one of them was pointing the wrong way. Before I could have a cast, they had to set this wrist in place and pin it to keep it there. Sounds painful.
You know what I remember about the operation? Waking up and trying to remember what I thought/dreamed about while I was anaesthetised. It went swimmingly, and yours will too.

HalfTangible
2011-03-13, 05:28 PM
Another type I'm not too fond of. There are some psychics I can stand, though.

ION: Finished my battle airship:
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4738/sbattleairship.png

The radio antenna creates a nice optical illusion on the observation deck. Makes it look curved even though it isn't. Also, flying away in one of those fighters seem risky, thanks to aforementioned antenna.

Also, I'm wondering what the abbreviation of this "ship" type would be. Battleships are abbreviated BB (BattleBoat). Would that make this a BAB (BattleAirBoat)? :smallwink:
Aerial Battle Platform?
Air Based Combat Vehicle?

Or you could go the English/American route and have the abbreviation stand for something to do with the nation it's a part of or whoever built it. Like HMS for her majesty's ship.

Aerial Combat Vessel?

Dvandemon
2011-03-13, 05:28 PM
Keep the conversation moving :P Alright I do like pokemon a little more than is healthy.

Me too (^o^)/ I know I got a little more than obsessed with it when I heard about gen V and wanted to start a webcomic or something

Tiger Duck
2011-03-13, 05:42 PM
Do you know what language it is? Using some German/faux Dutch pronounciation, I could make perfect sense out of everything except the last word in Swedish.

Oh it's just in Dutch, last word is just a longer word for thorn bush
and after looking it up it are all the lyrics, well there is a din don deine at the end, but those aren't really words :smallbiggrin:

Edit:
And apparently I'm nearly blind, because that page had some more lyrics after that. Here you can hear it preformed on a piano (http://www.studentenlied.be/table.asp?lied=Vogeltje).

Perenelle
2011-03-13, 05:58 PM
If it helps, I'll tell you about the first time I ever had surgery. I'd just broken my wrists, and one of them was pointing the wrong way. Before I could have a cast, they had to set this wrist in place and pin it to keep it there. Sounds painful.
You know what I remember about the operation? Waking up and trying to remember what I thought/dreamed about while I was anaesthetised. It went swimmingly, and yours will too.

Really? That's it? My grandpa said the same thing... :smallsigh: mmkay. I'm still nervous though.

I can't eat anything after midnight so I'm eating everything in my sight now. :smalltongue:

Tiger Duck
2011-03-13, 06:00 PM
Really? That's it? My grandpa said the same thing... :smallsigh: mmkay. I'm still nervous though.

I can't eat anything after midnight so I'm eating everything in my sight now. :smalltongue:

Stupid time zones, its midnight here right now, so I was thinking that you would have to chew pretty fast, then I remembered time zones :/

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-13, 06:08 PM
So, I need French help. If I say "XXX speaks it" I would say "XXX le parle" right?

Tiger Duck
2011-03-13, 06:09 PM
That doesn't seem right to me, but I don't know what it should be then, I so very bad at French

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-13, 06:20 PM
I so very bad at French

Yeah, well, me too. That's why I'm asking. :smallsmile:

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-13, 07:01 PM
Oh, so much bad physics in Pokemon. Victini apparently produces "unlimited energy". That must get tiring.

catching the abra was a bitch.

Zaydos
2011-03-13, 07:23 PM

Are we telling surgery stories now? I've had to go under the knife twice. The first time was better than the second (a little thing to make me sleep and local anaesthesia) although I have vague memories of waking up after they'd taken me away and bright lights and people in white. The second time they had to numb my whole arm. They were cutting out muscle tissue, but even so it went fine, although last time I had a physical it was noted that I was a little stronger with my right arm now (I'm left handed), but that's to be expected if you don't use one arm for 1-2 months and rely on the other for everything.

Aerial Battle Platform?

Or you could go the English/American route and have the abbreviation stand for something to do with the nation it's a part of or whoever built it. Like HMS for her majesty's ship.

Aerial Combat Vessel?

Is it bad that I read Platform as Pokemon and thought Pidgeot was involved?

Surgery isn't that bad. I don't even remember my second surgery and they were taking out muscle tissue that time (yay safety margins).

catching the abra was a bitch.

Catching abra always is, also that word is allowed? I'd have thought it was filtered.

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-13, 07:42 PM
Catching abra always is, also that word is allowed? I'd have thought it was filtered.

I've seen it in some LPs I think, so I think it's OK. Surprising though.

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-13, 07:44 PM
I've seen it in some LPs I think, so I think it's OK. Surprising though.

it's in the comic

AtlanteanTroll
2011-03-13, 07:50 PM
... I think I've seen words in the comic that we can't post. Also, fighting a level 62 Ekans with a level 1 Pokemon. And winning... VG AI aint what it use to be.

Oh, and Thufir, Gen V > Gen II > Gen I > Gen IV > Gen III. :smalltongue:

LaZodiac
2011-03-13, 07:51 PM
I guess I'm lucky, I've never had to go under the knife. If I had to I would though.

Eruantion
2011-03-13, 08:40 PM
So, I need French help. If I say "XXX speaks it" I would say "XXX le parle" right?

I believe that's correct, as long as you put it in the proper gender.

Thufir
2011-03-13, 08:54 PM
Oh, and Thufir, Gen II > Gen I. :smalltongue:

I'm not sure which way round I'd put them myself. I mean, having the extra hundred is cool, not to mention the inclusion of steel and dark types, but there's really something special about the original that I can't quite put my finger on. Nostalgia, I suppose, but it's more than that I think. Something about the way it was just made it seem more... magical's not quite the right word but it'll have to do.
Actually, it might have something to do with the anime. While I know now that Red and Ash are not, in fact, the same, they're similar enough that you can conflate them easily enough and that made it easier to view the original protagonist, whatever I named him, as a character, a person, a little boy dreaming of being the greatest pokrmon trainer ever.
I dunno.
Man, I'm going to have to blog about this...
(:tongue:)

Kneenibble
2011-03-13, 09:10 PM

I'm sure you've answered this by now, but you are correct.

Ranger Mattos
2011-03-13, 09:31 PM
So, I just finished listening to Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Night Castle. Pure awesomeness.

IRN: My parents won't let me go up to see TSO preform Beethoven's Last Night on my birthday, just because it's in Ontario, and I don't have a passport, and it would be very expensive to do so :smallsigh:

IRRN: But perhaps I could see them preform on May 15. At least it's in the same state.

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-13, 09:53 PM
So, I just finished listening to Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Night Castle. Pure awesomeness.

IRN: My parents won't let me go up to see TSO preform Beethoven's Last Night on my birthday, just because it's in Ontario, and I don't have a passport, and it would be very expensive to do so :smallsigh:

IRRN: But perhaps I could see them preform on May 15. At least it's in the same state.

i went to a TSO show once... i was on the front row.

it took ages to grow my eyebrows back

oh and beethoven's last night = sheer awesome

Amiel
2011-03-14, 01:04 AM
French is such a sexy language.

Tiger Duck
2011-03-14, 03:41 AM
Only when spoken by a sexy lady. Else it's just gibberish rattled of pretty fast :smallannoyed:

PS: The above is only my opinion and should not be taken as fact. :smallamused:

Teddy
2011-03-14, 03:54 AM
Aerial Battle Platform?

Aerial Combat Vessel?

HMS is put in front of the name. It doesn't say anything about the ship type.
Anything with CV in it may be confused with aircraft carriers (CV - Carrier Vessel). ABB for Aerial BattleBoat may work.

As you may notice, war ship types abbreviations are happily included in my warfare nerdiness.

... I think I've seen words in the comic that we can't post.

The something-to-last page of Erfworld apparently sparked a lot of controversy which even led to Rich himself commenting.

Also, fighting a level 62 Ekans with a level 1 Pokemon. And winning... VG AI aint what it use to be.

Fixed percentage damage?

Dvil
2011-03-14, 10:53 AM

I wasn't able to eat anything for 12 hours before mine. I broke my wrists at about 1pm on a Sunday (I think) afternoon, and higher-priority injuries kept coming into A&E and bumping me down the list. Got in at about 1am monday morning.
Still though, if I had the choice I'd do it again. It was fun, but more importantly it was a character-defining moment in my life.

Dvandemon
2011-03-14, 11:08 AM

Correct (I just learned that in fact)

How would producing unlimited energy get tiring? :smallconfused::smalltongue:

@V:Eh?

CrimsonAngel
2011-03-14, 11:08 AM
Look at the newest member. :smallamused: