PDA

View Full Version : Claudia Black?

graymachine
2011-03-09, 09:28 PM
Claudia Black; I'm curious about the popular opinion. Is she the hottest person alive or the hottest person to ever live?

LaZodiac
2011-03-09, 09:32 PM
I really have no idea who she is, sorry XP

Her name is nice though.

graymachine
2011-03-09, 09:53 PM
She's been involved in several significant nerd-things for several years.

Here, if this helps: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPKZddRHHo7kEcjLjpbumgJonmECeEU 15K5NYZbJtRnQ2exE9e

Lurkmoar
2011-03-09, 09:55 PM
She could read the phone book, put it on a CD, and I'd buy it.

SDF
2011-03-09, 09:59 PM
Judging by that picture no not even.

graymachine
2011-03-09, 10:00 PM
She could read the phone book, put it on a CD, and I'd buy it.

Emphatically seconded.

arguskos
2011-03-09, 10:04 PM
Judging by that picture no not even.
What this man said. She's not even attractive, IMO.

graymachine
2011-03-09, 10:11 PM
What this man said. She's not even attractive, IMO.

Well, I'm not sure how to respond to the moral failings of others... :smalltongue:

I selected the pic at random, and none of them deliver here voice.

As a factoid: She was the voice Morrigan from Dragon Age.

LaZodiac
2011-03-09, 10:12 PM
Oh, in that case, I want to have sex with her voice, but herself? She can maybe go into the corner for a bit.

I kid, I don't dislike her THAT much. I think it's bceause her face is more angular then anything else.

SDF
2011-03-09, 10:13 PM
I just never found Sylvester Stallone's facial structure attractive is all.

graymachine
2011-03-09, 10:17 PM
Insulting Peacekeepers is dangerous business..
:smallamused:

Nix Nihila
2011-03-09, 10:21 PM
She's very pretty, but not quite that pretty.

Pretty much everything she touches is awesome though.

Also, to the people who don't know her. That photo doesn't do her justice.

Innis Cabal
2011-03-09, 10:33 PM
I just never found Sylvester Stallone's facial structure attractive is all.

This. Man...she's not even unattractive. She's got a chin that could cut diamond.

arguskos
2011-03-09, 10:35 PM
This. Man...she's not even unattractive. She's got a chin that could cut diamond.
"And may I say... bam?"
-Elzar

But really. Her voice might be sonic gold, but her face is solid carbon.

Mando Knight
2011-03-09, 10:36 PM

That and she looks ticked off in that picture. Which means that she looks like the jewels she's going to cut are yours.

Calmness
2011-03-09, 10:39 PM
That and she looks ticked off in that picture. Which means that she looks like the jewels she's going to cut are yours.
She looks manlier than my old D&D group.

Oh well, wikipedia says she does voices for videogames and that she played a hermaphrodyte in some tv series, so she might be interesting.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-03-09, 10:41 PM
Not as amazing a voice as Kate Bush. That... woman! she did a recording in which she crooned the digits of pi. And it is the most amazing thing ever.

But Morrigan's voice is pretty hot too.

LaZodiac
2011-03-09, 10:45 PM
When it comes voice actresses, Tara Strong strongest one of all!

I shamelessly stole that joke from the the Trasnformers wikia. Either way, she's awesome as well.

rayne_dragon
2011-03-09, 10:47 PM

Here, if this helps: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPKZddRHHo7kEcjLjpbumgJonmECeEU 15K5NYZbJtRnQ2exE9e

GAH! That is not the best photo of her I've seen... she looks a little like me without my glasses in that one.

I think she's cool and that she's someone who has impressed me in everything she's done. I wouldn't turn down a chance to have dinner with her, but she isn't the hottest person alive.

Lady Moreta
2011-03-09, 10:57 PM
"But really. Her voice might be sonic gold, but her face is solid carbon.

Really? :smallconfused:

I've never been that fussed on her voice... I'll admit I can see why others might find it attractive, I just don't.

Then again, I can't stand Claudia Black. No idea why, doesn't make any sense, I just can't stand her.

arguskos
2011-03-09, 10:58 PM
Really? :smallconfused:

I've never been that fussed on her voice... I'll admit I can see why others might find it attractive, I just don't.

Then again, I can't stand Claudia Black. No idea why, doesn't make any sense, I just can't stand her.
Her portrayal of Morrigan, from Dragon Age 1, was very good IMO. It's quite nice and she's a good character in it. Beyond that, meh.

Thufir
2011-03-09, 11:04 PM
Based on a google image search, I'd say she looks good enough, but nothing that special. Her voice certainly doesn't strike me as anything special.

So, in response to the OP's question: No.

Innis Cabal
2011-03-10, 12:24 AM
Her portrayal of Morrigan, from Dragon Age 1, was very good IMO. It's quite nice and she's a good character in it. Beyond that, meh.

I'd agree but frankly I wouldn't call her voice brain meltingly hot. I spent half the game begging her to shut her fat mouth more because of the voice acting then the character herself. Now Liliana....what a voice.

Lhurgyof
2011-03-10, 12:31 AM
Emma Watson, pre-hair cut is much hotter.

Lyndworm
2011-03-10, 12:37 AM
Now Liliana....what a voice.

Although I happen to be a fan of Claudia Black's, have you ever seen Liliana's voice actress?
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/15687/1229764-mv5bmtg2ota2mdkzml5bml5banbnxkftztcwodeynza4mq__._ v1._sx266_sy400__1__large.jpg (http://www.corinnekempa.com/#/photos/4539626015)

Click the picture for more of Corinne Kempa.

Innis Cabal
2011-03-10, 01:17 AM
Although I happen to be a fan of Claudia Black's, have you ever seen Liliana's voice actress?
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/15687/1229764-mv5bmtg2ota2mdkzml5bml5banbnxkftztcwodeynza4mq__._ v1._sx266_sy400__1__large.jpg (http://www.corinnekempa.com/#/photos/4539626015)

Click the picture for more of Corinne Kempa.

I have, and while not a total babe, she's at least not mannish with a chin that could easily crack walnuts

Don Julio Anejo
2011-03-10, 01:58 AM
Nah. She's sexy in a skanky way from her Morrigan and Vala Mal Doran portrayals, but she's not that hot.

Tiger Duck
2011-03-10, 02:05 AM
We can't really see how anyone could call her anything other than Hot/Pretty/Gorgeous. Sure there might be prettier women around, or women that are more your type. But that doesn't make her any less Beautiful/Sexy.

TheThan
2011-03-10, 02:56 AM
Claudia Black vs Claudia Christian in a bikini Jello wrestling match!

come on you know you want it.
:smallcool:

Keld Denar
2011-03-10, 03:03 AM
I'd say Felicia Day (who I recently saw in person!) takes the cake as the hottest woman in geekdom. Then again, who can say no to gorgeous red heads?

rakkoon
2011-03-10, 03:14 AM
Emma Watson, postpre-hair cut is much hotter.

We fixed this for you

Innis Cabal
2011-03-10, 03:41 AM
I'd say Felicia Day (who I recently saw in person!) takes the cake as the hottest woman in geekdom. Then again, who can say no to gorgeous red heads?

Right here. I also think she falls on the side of "Not much to look at". Not that's she's anywhere near as bad as Black but Day....meh. I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers but I've dated hotter dudes.

factotum
2011-03-10, 04:29 AM
Claudia Black is more attractive than the picture earlier in this thread gives her credit for, but I wouldn't say she's anything special--I reckon several more attractive women work for the company I work at, and it's not like it's a model agency which only employs hotties!

Of course, "hotness" is not a thing that is entirely based on physical attractiveness, so your mileage may vary. Given a choice between Angelina Jolie and Claudia Black, though (like that's ever likely to happen :smallsmile:), it would be Angelina every time for me.

Eldan
2011-03-10, 04:36 AM
I, on the other hand, never understand why people find Jolie attractive. Her face is just weird.

As for the OP: she doesn't look very attractive, no. And I don't really remember her voice from Dragon Age either.

Form
2011-03-10, 06:08 AM
I, on the other hand, never understand why people find Jolie attractive. Her face is just weird.

Maybe it's the lips. Usually it's her lips that really stand out for me.

As for the OP: she doesn't look very attractive, no. And I don't really remember her voice from Dragon Age either.

Morrigan! Morrigan is voiced by Claudia Black, right?

The Rose Dragon
2011-03-10, 06:10 AM
Not to diss Claudia Black's voice (especially as Matriarch Aethyta), but when it comes to sexy voices, there are only two true challengers for the title: Grey DeLisle and Tricia Helfer.

Maelstrom
2011-03-10, 06:20 AM
Yes, there is something about her, but definitely not "THE crême de la crême"...

Another hot dark haired woman with a hot accent is Jaime Murray... :)

Pendragonx
2011-03-10, 09:26 AM
..........you people need to watch Farscape...

rakkoon
2011-03-10, 09:33 AM
We try to watch Farscape but can't get through the first season.
Is there a season in particular where it gets even better?
With or without Mrs Black

Lord_Gareth
2011-03-10, 09:36 AM

No. No it does not get better.

ghost_warlock
2011-03-10, 09:50 AM
Meh.

When I want super attractive with an amazing voice, I look no further than Zooey (http://www.geeks.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/zooey-deschanel.jpg).

Jolie always reminds me of this (http://gremlinsgizmo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/female-gremlin.jpg).

Thufir
2011-03-10, 09:52 AM
Claudia Black vs Claudia Christian in a bikini Jello wrestling match!

Come on you know you want it.
:smallcool:

Not especially, but if you did do that, Claudia Christian would definitely win.
None can challenge Ivanova.

valadil
2011-03-10, 10:27 AM
I thought she was great in Farscape and DA:O. Haven't really paid attention to her beyond that. Back when Farscape was more popular I knew a lot of girls who had crushes on her and I could never quite put my finger on why.

It gets better towards the end of the first season. The beginning of that season was rubbish though and it's what blocks me from re-watching the show.

Lyndworm
2011-03-10, 02:46 PM
Meh.

When I want super attractive with an amazing voice, I look no further than Zooey (http://www.geeks.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/zooey-deschanel.jpg).

You, sir, have found the queen. No one else comes close to her in any way. I'm not usually prone to hero worship or fawning over anybody, really, but for Zooey I'll make an exception.

ghost_warlock
2011-03-10, 07:11 PM
You, sir, have found the queen. No one else comes close to her in any way. I'm not usually prone to hero worship or fawning over anybody, really, but for Zooey I'll make an exception.

Yes. She has led me to completely re-evaluate what I find beautiful in a woman.

Definitely.

For Zooey.

Diva De
2011-03-10, 09:53 PM
Claudia Black annoys me. Immensely. Ugh.

Heliomance
2011-03-10, 10:06 PM
Nothing special. My list of ultimately hot celebs: In no particular order, Emma Watson, Alyson Hannigan, Felicia Day, Karen Gillan, and yeah, thinking about it I'll jump on the Zooey Deschanel bandwagon as well.

Lyndworm
2011-03-10, 10:19 PM
I'll second Alyson Hannigan, as well, though Zooey Deschenel reigns supreme over all things connected to talent and beauty.

I seem to be attracted more to personalities and talent rather than actual physical features. :smallconfused: Is that a good thing or not? I know the PC answer of course, but seeing as how everyone who posted in this thread consented to judging other human beings based on physical appearance, I'll let it slide.

Lhurgyof
2011-03-11, 12:03 AM
We fixed this for you

Sorry, it's all about the hair for me.

I'm a sucker for brunettes with wavy hair. :smalltongue:

factotum
2011-03-11, 02:15 AM
I know the PC answer of course, but seeing as how everyone who posted in this thread consented to judging other human beings based on physical appearance, I'll let it slide.

Er, I said up above:

Of course, "hotness" is not a thing that is entirely based on physical attractiveness, so your mileage may vary.

So not *everyone* is purely basing this on physical attractiveness...

Amiel
2011-03-11, 02:18 AM
Emma Watson is hottest.
Fixed for you.

Lyndworm
2011-03-11, 02:34 AM
So not *everyone* is purely basing this on physical attractiveness...

You know that voices count as physical, too, right?

Juggling Goth
2011-03-11, 02:48 AM

From the end of the first season onwards, it picks up significantly. From about where they introduce Scorpius as the main villain, I'd say. ('Nerve'?) Like a lot of shows, the beginning is bogged down in introducing everybody and monster-of-the-week and it hasn't quite hit its stride yet. When it gets more arc-based and finds its feet, it's pure awesome.

As for Claudia Black... rowr. I mean, there isn't an unattractive woman in early Farscape - Zhaan and Chiana are also beautiful. But her portrayal of Aeryn is just... striking.

Scylfing
2011-03-12, 11:43 AM
Claudia Black is unique in that she can either be scary or sexy depending upon the expression she gives, though she can achieve the same effect with her voice. I think it's one of the things that made her character in Farscape so effective.

But the most attracitve girl on that show was Sikozu.

factotum
2011-03-12, 12:06 PM
You know that voices count as physical, too, right?

Not sure of the relevance given I haven't mentioned anything about voices in any of my posts in this thread... :smallconfused:

Perenelle
2011-03-12, 12:23 PM

>.>
uhm, sorry. Her face looks rather stretched out and her collar bones are sticking out. And she looks kinda intimidating and angry. :smallconfused:

CynicalAvocado
2011-03-12, 06:36 PM
summer glau will win hands down imho

Rae Artemi
2011-03-13, 07:44 AM
Okay guys, Summer Glau vs. Zooey Deschanel in Bikini Jello wrestling.

There, have fun with that image.

Lyndworm
2011-03-13, 01:15 PM
Well, Glau clearly wins the battle due to her physical training. We win the war.

Asta Kask
2011-03-13, 04:31 PM
No love for Eliza Dushku?

http://buffybetweenthelines.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/buffy_faith_300x435.jpg

Good, then she can remain MINE!

factotum
2011-03-14, 02:26 AM
No love for Eliza Dushku?

Yes, she's attractive, but does she EVER SMILE????

Amiel
2011-03-14, 02:27 AM
The only time she will ever smile is at the End of Days.

Lyndworm
2011-03-14, 02:39 AM
Yes, she's attractive, but does she EVER SMILE????

Yes. Frequently.
http://www.newsgab.com/attachments/celebrity-pictures/178097d1239955706-eliza-dushku-light-blue-bikini-stills-bring-ed.jpg

http://moothecritic.com/_imagescelebrities/elizaDushku.jpg

http://www.bittenandbound.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/eliza-dushku-stars-in-dollhouse.jpg

Innis Cabal
2011-03-14, 04:49 AM
Wow is that first picture unflattering.