PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Section Addiction Thread

WarKitty
2011-03-16, 08:02 PM
This is a thread for all of us who are trying very hard to not compulsively refresh the roleplaying games forum to see if we can reply yet.

So, um...here goes.

Hi, my name is Kitty, and I'm a GitP addict.

arguskos
2011-03-16, 08:11 PM
Hi, Kitty.

I'm more interested in my campaign setting threads being organized correctly. :smalltongue:

NineThePuma
2011-03-16, 08:18 PM
I'm twitching every few minutes because I need to post my new soulknife fix, but the homebrew section is down. >_<

Dusk Eclipse
2011-03-16, 08:19 PM
JUST FYI in case you haven't noticed, the forum is up

Also, here is another one

"Hi I am Dusk Eclipse, and I am an addict"

arguskos
2011-03-16, 08:21 PM
JUST FYI in case you haven't noticed, the forum is up

Also, here is another one

"Hi I am Dusk Eclipse, and I am an addict"
Can't post. :smalltongue:

DeadManSleeping
2011-03-16, 08:22 PM
Homebrew's still down. :smallfrown:

Dusk Eclipse
2011-03-16, 08:32 PM
Can't post. :smalltongue:

<_< >_> I knew that....

arguskos
2011-03-16, 08:35 PM
<_< >_> I knew that....
Notably, for the brewers, you can still edit posts! :smallbiggrin:

Icewalker
2011-03-16, 08:36 PM
I used to be addicted to the roleplaying section, but I kicked the habit a couple years ago. It's itched a bit since, and I guess the banter addiction isn't much better, but I'm doing alright.

Roland St. Jude
2011-03-16, 08:38 PM
I realize that it's an inconvenience and your eagerness is a testament to how much you love it here, but please, if you ever want to have nice things again, take a couple hours off from the roleplaying section while we try to improve it for you. :smallsmile:

Pika...
2011-03-16, 08:38 PM
This is a thread for all of us who are trying very hard to not compulsively refresh the roleplaying games forum to see if we can reply yet.

So, um...here goes.

I can stop anytime I want. I just don't want to. >_>

I realize that it's an inconvenience and your eagerness is a testament to how much you love it here, but please, if you ever want to have nice things again, take a couple hours off from the roleplaying section while we try to improve it for you. :smallsmile:

You know the joint is good when the establishment starts turning people away. :smallbiggrin:

Jarian
2011-03-16, 08:41 PM
Hello. My name is Jarian, and I am a Homebrew addict.

You know what's worse than losing six hours of sleep to put the finishing touches on two new base classes?

Having the forums undergo maintenance right when you try to post the associated PrC for them. :smallfrown:

The-Mage-King
2011-03-16, 08:43 PM
Uh, yeah, I'm another of you folks.

Since I was planning to do an image dump in the motivator thread... And I can't post now... I guess it's lost.

Meh. I can hunt them up again.

Lycan 01
2011-03-16, 08:47 PM
I can live without the RPG section for awhile.

Its the disabling of the dice roller that has me all tore up inside All my pbp games are now in limbo, including a fast-paced Dark Heresy game that I'm extremely addicted to. :smalltongue:

Lady Moreta
2011-03-16, 08:50 PM
I'd just like to know what I'm supposed to do at work if I can't post in my game threads... :smallwink::smalltongue:

WarKitty
2011-03-16, 08:56 PM

*twitch**twitch*

But...just...one...more...refresh! One tiny little hit more! I'll pay you triple what I usually do!

Telonius
2011-03-16, 10:54 PM
Personally I'm drowning my sorrows in wine and chocolate ice cream. And on a work night, too. :smallbiggrin:

I'd just like to know what I'm supposed to do at work if I can't post in my game threads... :smallwink::smalltongue:

Facebook? Farmville? Mafia Wars? Attempting to read all of TV Tropes? :smallwink:

Kuma Kode
2011-03-16, 10:59 PM
Attempting to read all of TV Tropes?

This way lies madness.

The-Mage-King
2011-03-16, 11:01 PM
Attempting to read all of TV Tropes? :smallwink:

Done that. It's really not that enthralling after you finish.

Blue Ghost
2011-03-16, 11:10 PM

Come down to Silly Message Board Games, milady! :smallbiggrin:

Lady Moreta
2011-03-16, 11:31 PM
Facebook? Farmville? Mafia Wars? Attempting to read all of TV Tropes? :smallwink:

Don't have facebook and it's blocked at work anyway. What is Mafia Wars? And I'm not sure I could handle reading all of TV Tropes. (and I just got given a bunch of work, so I suppose I'll just have to to do that)

Come down to Silly Message Board Games, milady! :smallbiggrin:

Or I could do that... :smallbiggrin:

SurlySeraph
2011-03-17, 12:33 AM
Mafia Wars is basically Farmville, except "mature" and "edgy."

Honestly, it's good for me to have forums shut off. I get unaddicted within just a few days without new content.

Also, starting up some sort of roleplaying forum in exile in this thread is a terrible idea, but I have a New World of Darkness question. I'm trying to make an excessively badass mortal character, with every supernatural or just silly powerful thing that a mortal can get; XP is no object. Thus far, he:
*Knows Dim Mak (using an optional suggested rule from Armory Reloaded)
*Will be very good at a number of fighting styles, particularly Kung Fu (so he can multiattack to use Dim Mak on someone four times in one turn, because 14 dice of aggravated damage just isn't enough); Qinna (to increase Dim Mak effectiveness); Frenzied Assault (for more health, intimidation, and hacking off limbs); Modern Army Combatives (for chokeholds and keeping defense against all opponents); Combat Marksmanship; and Sniping.
*Is a Murder Expert (merit from Slashers)
*Carries around a heavy machine gun courtesy of an optional rule in the Armory Errata ((https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B4E22DL0XscIY2M0NzI3YTUtOWI1Ny00NzE5LTg3MTc tYzY2MjVhOGE2NWZj&hl=en).
*Has the Giant merit to aid in carrying said machine gun.
*Has a pistol-sized fully automatic sniper rifle (via the Prototype rules in Armory Reloaded) as his sidearm
*May have said machine gun and sniper rifle be magical, via Enhanced Item. I haven't decided yet.
*Can summon ghosts (Ghost-Calling, from Second Sight)
*Can open Avernian Gates (Gatekeeper, from Book of the Dead)
*Is biokinetic, cryokinetic and pyrokinetic (also Second Sight)
*Is a psychic vampire (because he needs a ton of Willpower to fuel his Dim Mak and psychic powers; Second Sight again)

So here's the question: what have I missed? Surely there are more supernatural/ borderline supernatural powers available to mortals. I'm trying to avoid subtle ones, because this *is* a 7-foot-tall underworld-traveling kung fu master assassin with elemental powers, a silly huge gun and even sillier non-huge gun, and familiarity with the Touch of Death, but anything that adds to his ridiculousness helps.

Amiel
2011-03-17, 04:50 AM
I found you all a new friend; he doesn't require much food, is obedient (when it comes to such things), and is wholly unfriendly.
http://paizo.com/image/content/PathfinderCampaignSetting/PZO9233-KillItWithFire.jpg

Eldan
2011-03-17, 04:56 AM
D'aww. He's cute. Though I'm wondering why he has what appear to be blood vessels outside of his legs. Never seen that before. Sadly, I'm in the insect collection, the spider collection is one room over...

Ravens_cry
2011-03-17, 05:08 PM
I found you all a new friend; he doesn't require much food, is obedient (when it comes to such things), and is wholly unfriendly.
http://paizo.com/image/content/PathfinderCampaignSetting/PZO9233-KillItWithFire.jpg
Sorry, no pets allowed at my apartment.:smallfrown:

Zaydos
2011-03-17, 05:09 PM
Can we name him George? Really he's cute.

Marnath
2011-03-18, 02:35 AM

It gets creepier when you consider that they're the size of elephants.:smalleek:

grimbold
2011-03-18, 11:52 AM
hi im grimbold...
and...
i..
I AM A GIANTITP ADDICT OKAY!!!!