PDA

View Full Version : The Hub Central Thread

Maxios
2011-03-20, 09:47 PM
All threads relating to the Hub Basic Rules (Still under development by me, by the way) will have links posted here.
Information on the rules, updates on what's being worked on, and other things will be posted here.

Index

City Creator (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10601369#post10601369)
Stat out Monsters (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191689)
The Hubworld Webomic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193617)

Maxios
2011-03-20, 09:49 PM
*Reserved should the OP ever run outta space*

Maxios
2011-03-20, 10:56 PM
Damage Types:
Necrotic: Damage from Hurt spells, Darkness, etc.
Frost: Damage from Cold, Ice, etc.
Electric: Damage from Lightning and other things
Sonic: Damage from Thunder, Loud Noises, etc.
Energy: Damage from Fire, Lasers, etc.
Piercing: Damage from Bullets, Arrows, etc.
Slashing: Damage from Swords, Dagger, etc.
Blunt: Damage from Clubs, Hammers, etc.
Exploding: Damage from TNT, Explosions, etc.
Acid: Damage from acid, poison, etc.
Psy: Damage from mind-effecting spells and similar
Radiant: Damage from Holy Spells, Light, etc.

Certain spells and magic artifacts can grant you resistance to Damage types. Attacks can have more then one Damage type. A Flame Dagger would do Slashing & Energy damage, for example. Every attack has at least one type of damage.

unosarta
2011-03-20, 11:06 PM
So, for instance, if you don't mind me posting here, what would a spell that literally damages a target's mind deal, damage type wise? Or a spell that created acid? Or a spell that summoned a beam of super intense light?

Maxios
2011-03-20, 11:23 PM
So, for instance, if you don't mind me posting here, what would a spell that literally damages a target's mind deal, damage type wise? Or a spell that created acid? Or a spell that summoned a beam of super intense light?

I don't mind you posting here at all.

1. Psy Damage
2. Acid Damage
3. Radiant Damage

I just edited those three damage types in, when I realized I forgot to put those in the post

unosarta
2011-03-20, 11:25 PM
I don't mind you posting here at all.

1. Psy Damage
2. Acid Damage
3. Radiant Damage

I just edited those three damage types in, when I realized I forgot to put those in the post

Coolio. That is what I was mostly wondering about so far.

Now, on to the more important thing; how is the action/turn system? How does it work?

Maxios
2011-03-20, 11:29 PM
Coolio. That is what I was mostly wondering about so far.

Now, on to the more important thing; how is the action/turn system? How does it work?

The action/turn system works something like this:

There are Three Types of Actions:
Normal: Normal Actions include making an attack, casting a spell, etc. You can have one Normal Action per turn.
Move: You can move Ft. equal to your Agility score. You can make one Move Action per turn. If you make no other action however, you can make Two Move Actions.
Free: Free actions include saying something, dropping an item, etc. You can have an unlimited amount of Free Actions on your turn.

At the start of combat, everyone rolls a d20. Whoever gets the highest number goes first, followed by second highest, etc.

Note: The turn/action system is still under work. Should it change at all, I will post the errata for it on here.

unosarta
2011-03-20, 11:33 PM
So an attack action is a normal action?

What are classes like?

Maxios
2011-03-20, 11:37 PM
So an attack action is a normal action?

What are classes like?

Classes include Fighter, Wizard, Cowboy, etc. Classes also include "unusual ones", such as Mutant, which lets get one superpower, chosen from a list presented.
If a player sees no classes that are fit for his character in mind, he can also create his own class using the Dynamic Class Creator. The DDC gives you "Class" points, which are then used to let your guy get Attack Bonuses, a better Hit Dice, Skills, etc

unosarta
2011-03-20, 11:38 PM
Classes include Fighter, Wizard, Cowboy, etc. Classes also include "unusual ones", such as Mutant, which lets get one superpower, chosen from a list presented.
If a player sees no classes that are fit for his character in mind, he can also create his own class using the Dynamic Class Creator. The DDC gives you "Class" points, which are then used to let your guy get Attack Bonuses, a better Hit Dice, Skills, etc

Interesting.

Are there feats/traits, or other ways to customize your character besides class? How are they handled?

Can characters multiclass?

Maxios
2011-03-20, 11:43 PM
Interesting.

Are there feats/traits, or other ways to customize your character besides class? How are they handled?

Can characters multiclass?

Feats & Traits are presented in the game as Talents, which can be bought with Experience Points. When enough Experience is gained/spent, the character levels up, granting them more Health, possibily Spells & Powers, and Skill Points.
The game has a unique way of treating Experience Points. In this, the same amount of Experience is gained from fighting through an Alien UFO to rescue a captive as it is to sneak in and free the captive. One does not simply gain Experience by wandering the Woods (Or cities, in some cases) and attacking Monsters. If one had a quest to defeat the monsters, and they do so, then they gain Experience.

Characters can Multiclass in the game. The rules for Multiclassing however, are still being worked on and are nowhere near finished

unosarta
2011-03-20, 11:47 PM
Feats & Traits are presented in the game as Talents, which can be bought with Experience Points. When enough Experience is gained/spent, the character levels up, granting them more Health, possibily Spells & Powers, and Skill Points.
So, is there ever really a large benefit of buying talents over gaining levels? For instance, do characters ever gain Experience that does not go to leveling that character, but instead simply to buying talents?

Or can a class grant bonus talents?

The game has a unique way of treating Experience Points. In this, the same amount of Experience is gained from fighting through an Alien UFO to rescue a captive as it is to sneak in and free the captive. One does not simply gain Experience by wandering the Woods (Or cities, in some cases) and attacking Monsters. If one had a quest to defeat the monsters, and they do so, then they gain Experience.
Not really unique, but certainly welcome. The D&D DMG mentions using this method, as do several other games, but to be certain, it is a good mechanic.

Characters can Multiclass in the game. The rules for Multiclassing however, are still being worked on and are nowhere near finished
Okay.

Maxios
2011-03-20, 11:53 PM
So, is there ever really a large benefit of buying talents over gaining levels? For instance, do characters ever gain Experience that does not go to leveling that character, but instead simply to buying talents?

Or can a class grant bonus talents?

Not really unique, but certainly welcome. The D&D DMG mentions using this method, as do several other games, but to be certain, it is a good mechanic.

Okay.
All the experience gained, even if spent on talents, counts for the purposes of leveling up. Certain talents can only be obtained when you reach a certain level.

Certain classes can grant a talent, or let you choose from ones in a certain list.

unosarta
2011-03-20, 11:54 PM
All the experience gained, even if spent on talents, counts for the purposes of leveling up. Certain talents can only be obtained when you reach a certain level.

Certain classes can grant a talent, or let you choose from ones in a certain list.

Ah. Awesome. Is there anything else experience can be spent on?

Cool.

Maxios
2011-03-20, 11:57 PM
Ah. Awesome. Is there anything else experience can be spent on?

Cool.

Currently, there's nothing else experience can be spent on.

unosarta
2011-03-21, 12:02 AM
Another thing that is needed: conditions.

Maxios
2011-03-21, 02:08 PM
Another thing that is needed: conditions.

The conditions are still being worked on, but this is what I got so far:

Normal: No condition is currently effecting you
Stunned: You can only go on One Action a turn, be it a Move Action or a Normal Action.
Paralyzed: You can't do anything, except for talking.
Blind: -5 penalty on all attack rolls, fails all Skill or Ability checks involving sight.
Impaired Hearing: -5 penalty on all Skill or Ability checks involving use of ears
Hearing Loss: Fail any skill or ability checks involving use of ears.

Maxios
2011-03-21, 05:58 PM
Added City Creator to the OP Index

Maxios
2011-03-22, 04:34 PM
Medieval Cuirasses
Chainmail: +3 AC, 5 AP Body
Half-Plate +4 AC, 6 AP Body
Full-Plate +5 AC, 8 AP Body
Scale Armor +7 AC, 6 AP Body

Medieval Pants
Chainmail Pants: +2 AC, AP 2 Legs
Half-Plate Pants: +2 AC, AP 3 Legs
Full-Plate Pants: +3 AC, AP 4 Legs
Scale Pants: +4 AC, AP 3 Legs

Medieval Boots
Chain Boots: +1 AC, AP 2 Legs
Half-Plate Boots: +1 AC, AP 3 Legs
Full Plate Boots: +1 AC, AP 4 Legs
Scale Boots: +2 AC, AP 3 Legs

Medieval Shoulderpads
Chain Shoulderpads: +1 AC, AP 2 Body
Half-Plate Shoulderpads: +1 AC, AP 3 Body
Full Plate Shoulderpads: +1 AC, AP 4 Body
Scale Shoulderpads: +2 AC, AP 3 Body

AP = Armor Points
I'll post the cost & weight of the armor later. I will also be posting Primitive, Modern, and Futuristic Armor later

Maxios
2011-03-24, 04:39 PM
Carrying Weight:
To determine your max carrying weight, you add your Stength and Physical together and multiply the result by ten (Strength + Physical) x 10

Sample Talents
Note: All these talents can be taken at Level One
Diehard: When suffering lethal damage, you automatically stabilize. 200 XP
Agile: +1 to your Reflex Defense
Steel Will: +1 to your Mind Defense
Hardy: +1 to your Constitution Defense
Endurable: +3 Health upon taking, and +1 HP every time you level up. Should you take this talent past Level One, you retroactivly get the +1 HP for every past time you've leveled.
Skillmonkey: You get +1 Skill Point a level
Thief: +1 bonus to Disable, Lockpick, and Stealth checks.

Maxios
2011-03-25, 04:35 PM
Just realized I didn't put the XP cost for some of the talents:

Diehard: When suffering lethal damage, you automatically stabilize. 200 XP
Agile: +1 to your Reflex Defense 150 XP
Steel Will: +1 to your Mind Defense 150 XP
Hardy: +1 to your Constitution Defense 150 XP
Endurable: +3 Health upon taking, and +1 HP every time you level up. Should you take this talent past Level One, you retroactivly get the +1 HP for every past time you've leveled. 200 XP
Skillmonkey: You get +1 Skill Point a level 100 XP
Thief: +1 bonus to Disable, Lockpick, and Stealth checks. 200 XP

Maxios
2011-04-03, 03:16 PM
The Hubworld Webcomic added to index.
I am beginning work on a "quick-play" comic that provides the most basic of basic rules.

Gamerlord
2011-04-06, 01:48 PM
Have the classes been posted somewhere? Or are they still all under construction, because I don't see how we could play (Quick-play or otherwise) without the classes.
Will races be in the game? As in, species that give statistical benefit or special powers, like in D&D. Or will races just be character description?

Maxios
2011-04-06, 01:54 PM
Have the classes been posted somewhere? Or are they still all under construction, because I don't see how we could play (Quick-play or otherwise) without the classes.
Will races be in the game?

Here are the classes I've gotten done:
Secret Agent, Negotiator, Rogue, Wizard, Fighter, Ninja, Mutant. I still have more left (Samurai, Space-Marine, etc)
I'm also working on rules that let you create your own classes.

Races will NOT be in the game. Although players can create characters that aren't human (Such as an Alien Ninja, or an Elf Secret Agent), but the only thing it will effect is Roleplaying.

Maxios
2011-04-10, 07:07 PM
The Power Soldiers
The Power Soldiers are basically the Hub's version of the Space Marines from WH 40k or the SPARTANs from Halo. The Power Soldiers are the elite soldiers that are dedicated to protecting The Hub from any sort of threats, such as the Outer Beings or Alien Invaders. The Power Soldiers are the product of a project created decades ago, one of the few projects that nearly every country on The Hub helped on.
The Power Soldiers wear suits of Power Armor that outclass the "common" varieties, worn by groups such as the Civilization Police Force. The suits of Power Soldier armor are divided into multiple versions. Mach One is the most common of these versions. Mach Two has more utilites and offers more protection then Mach One, but costs more to produce, so Mach Two suits are very rare. Mach Three is still under development, and is currently being tested out by various Power Soldiers, such as Power Soldier #25, who was nicknamed "Tester" due to his frequent usage of weapons and armor under development.
Each Power Soldier has numerous chemical and mechanicals implants, enhancing their speed and strength, as well as their quick-wits (Or in some cases, lack thereof).
The first Power Soldier is named Elder, and is currently leader of the first Squadron "Steel." Each Sqaudron of the Power Soldiers is named after a type of metal or jewel (Ie: Iron, Copper, Diamond, Ruby, etc)
The Power Soldiers' missions vary from over-throwing dictators and evil barons, to fighting evil alien invaders.

More info to come on the Power Soldiers

Maxios
2011-04-14, 07:08 PM
Update:
The Statistics and what they do are complete
The Classes are complete
The class generation DIY system is 90% complete

Gamerlord
2011-04-15, 02:06 PM
Since the monster thread hasn't been posted in for at least six weeks, and only the creator can reanimate it, I am asking this question here:
Are there special rules for swarm creatures in this game?

Maxios
2011-04-15, 02:11 PM
Not yet, but I'm working on them :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Should the RPG ever be published, here are the books that will be available at launch:
The Hub Basic Rules
Volcano Lair (Adventure)
The Hub LARP Rules

Gamerlord
2011-04-15, 02:16 PM
As in, selling for profit?
I think there could be copyright issues if you included, say, stormtrooper orcs.

Maxios
2011-04-15, 02:34 PM
Of course. Who doesn't love a profit? :smalltongue:

For copyright right reasons, creatures in the monster thread and cities in the City Creator threat, may be edited if they appear, to avoid offending anyone. In the event that editing it will result in it not making any sense, I'll email/phone call the person or company who owns it, and beg ask for permission for it to appear, with the promise that I will not claim ownership of the copyrighted items, a legal statement saying it appeared with permission will appear in the bottom of the page said thing appears, and the company/person will be thanked in the introduction.

Maxios
2011-04-23, 07:39 PM
The Werewolf Virus:
The Werewolf Virus is a virus contracted by fighting werewolves that causes you to join their slobbering hordes. The Werewolf Virus makes for an interesting plot device, as entire campaigns can revolve around getting a cure for it.
Effects: On the night of a full moon, the diseased individual will turn into a werewolf (Use the Werewolf stats presented in the Monster section). The infected individual will attack anyone he sees, friend or foe. In the morning of the next day, the target will turn back to his/her original form, with no memory of the events that happened in Wolf Form.

Contracting the Disease:
1. The most common way of getting the disease is to be bitten by a Werewolf. If the person bitten doesn't have an entire vial of Holy Water (or five spoonfuls of it) dripped onto the wound, he will officially contract the disease three days later. The curse doesn't have it's full effect until the first full-moon.
2. The disease is also passed down by fathers (Not mothers). If a child is produced, and the father is a werewolf, roll a d8. On a 1 or 2, the disease has effect. In this case, the first transformation won't occur for thirteen years, on the first full moon after the child's 13th birthday.
3. There are several ancient artifacts/scrolls that can produce the effect. Most of these scrolls were destroyed by paladins.
Curing it: The ancient artifact Wolfsbane can cure diseased individuals. Drinking a special potion (See Wolf-repress Potion in Equipment) on the day of a fullmoon will stop that night's transformation.

Lemonus
2011-04-27, 08:08 PM
Excuse me if I'm missing something, but you said that you finished statting out the classes, but I don't see them anywhere. Have you not posted them yet, or am I simply missing something?

Gamerlord
2011-04-27, 08:21 PM
Excuse me if I'm missing something, but you said that you finished statting out the classes, but I don't see them anywhere. Have you not posted them yet, or am I simply missing something?

He mentioned possibly publishing this for profit, that may explain it.

Maxios
2011-04-27, 08:41 PM
Fighter
Hit Dice: d10
Attack Bonuses: +1 MAB, +1 RAB
Defense Bonuses: +1 Constitution
Class Skills: Lore (Tactics), Craft (Armor), Craft (Weapons),
Talents: Weapons (All), Armor (All)
Skill Points per Level: (SMA divided by 4) x 2
Class Powers: Fighters get critical hits on a 19 or a 20

Ninja
Hit Dice: d8
Attack Bonuses: +1 MAB
Defense Bonuses: +1 Reflex
Class Skills: Stealth, Bluff, Lockpick
Talents: Weapons (Simple, Normal), Armor (Light, Medium)
Skill Points per Level: (SMA divided by 4) x 3
Class Powers: Once a day, a Ninja can make a Death Attack. A Death Attack is a regular attack, and if it hits, kills the target instantly. A Death Attack can also be used to knock a target out for 4d10 hours.

Lemonus
2011-04-27, 08:46 PM
Seems to me that the Ninja's death attack is overpowered. It could be used to make a campaign very anticlimactic, because the Ninja can just one-shot the BBEG.

Maxios
2011-04-27, 08:58 PM
Seems to me that the Ninja's death attack is overpowered. It could be used to make a campaign very anticlimactic, because the Ninja can just one-shot the BBEG.

In the HM section about BBEGs (Or BBGGs if your PCs are evil), I plan on there being a part saying that the HM has the final call if the Death Attack can effect the villain (Ie: "The foul neocramcer's magic amulet protects him from Death Attacks. The leader of the aliens' personal force-field/gizmo/whatever protects him from the attack."

Lemonus
2011-04-27, 09:03 PM
In the HM section about BBEGs (Or BBGGs if your PCs are evil), I plan on there being a part saying that the HM has the final call if the Death Attack can effect the villain (Ie: "The foul neocramcer's magic amulet protects him from Death Attacks. The leader of the aliens' personal force-field/gizmo/whatever protects him from the attack."

Well, that could work, but then the Ninja(s) would be frustrated because their best ability does nothing. Maybe you should change it so the Death Attack just deals a lot of damage instead, although it has a chance to insta-kill? Of course, if you reduced it's power like that, maybe give the players more chances to use it per day, Like maybe X/day, where X=1/2 of the Ninja's level, minimum 1?

Maxios
2011-04-27, 10:17 PM
Good suggestion. From now on, the Death Attack does damage equal to it's damage dice + or - any modifiers x2. A Death Attack can be used a number of times equal to the Ninja's level divided by 2

Lemonus
2011-04-27, 10:24 PM
Good suggestion. From now on, the Death Attack does damage equal to it's damage dice + or - any modifiers x2. A Death Attack can be used a number of times equal to the Ninja's level divided by 2

You might want to update the Ninja's stat block with that. And I think that now the Death Attack is a bit too weak, because you're only doubling any modifiers. Sorry I can't help come up with any ideas for what it should do. I'll try to help more once I get some sleep. :sigh:

Maxios
2011-04-27, 10:26 PM
You double it after you add the hit dice +/- the modifiers

Lemonus
2011-04-27, 10:31 PM
You double it after you add the hit dice +/- the modifiers

Oh. OK. That's good. Also, I would recommend bring the time for a knock-out from a Death Attack down from 4d10 to 3d10 rounds, just to help reduce the power a bit.

Maxios
2011-04-27, 10:43 PM
Oh. OK. That's good. Also, I would recommend bring the time for a knock-out from a Death Attack down from 4d10 to 3d10 rounds, just to help reduce the power a bit.

Alright. Thanks for the suggestion :smile:

Lemonus
2011-04-28, 08:12 PM
You know, I've been thinking, and it seems that double damage is to weak for the Death Attack. Maybe you could consider moving it up to triple damage? Also, I'm sorry if I'm seeming like jerk for completely taking this thing apart. I'm just trying to help.

P.S. You still haven't updated the ninja statblock.

Maxios
2011-04-28, 08:21 PM
Ninja
Class Powers: A Ninja can make a death attack a number of times per day equal to his level divided by two. A Death Attack, if it hits, does damage equal to it's weapons hit dice + any modifiers multiplied by three (D# +/- Modifiers x 2). A Death Attack, at the Ninja's choice, can knock out a target for 1d8 hours.

Lemonus
2011-04-28, 08:28 PM
Ninja
Class Powers: A Ninja can make a death attack a number of times per day equal to his level divided by two. A Death Attack, if it hits, does damage equal to it's weapons hit dice + any modifiers multiplied by three (D# +/- Modifiers x 2). A Death Attack, at the Ninja's choice, can knock out a target for 1d8 hours.

Awesome! Although, shouldn't it say that the Ninja can use Death Attack a number of times per day equal to 1/2 their level minimum one? Of course, if you think this ability shouldn't be allowed a level one, that's fine.
And an idea to simplify the text: instead of it saying: "A Death Attack, if it hits, does damage equal to it's weapons hit dice + any modifiers multiplied by three (D# +/- Modifiers x 2)." Have it say: A Death Attack, if it hits, deals triple damage.

Again, tell me if it seems like I'm being a jerk.

Gamerlord
2011-04-28, 08:48 PM
Perhaps add an extra bonus if he/she catches the target off-guard?

Maxios
2011-04-28, 09:04 PM
Ninja
Class Powers: A Ninja can make a death attack a number of times per day equal to his level divided by two. A Death Attack, if it hits, does damage equal to it's weapons hit dice + any modifiers multiplied by three (D# +/- Modifiers x 2). A Death Attack, at the Ninja's choice, can knock out a target for 1d8 hours. The attack damage is multiplied by four if the target is unaware of the Ninja's presence.

Gamerlord
2011-04-28, 09:12 PM
Looks nice.

Maxios
2011-04-28, 09:15 PM
Looks nice.

Thank you :smallsmile:

Soon, I'll post the Cyborg class. The list of Implants avaible for Cyborgs is now done yet, but when it is, it'll be posted.

Maxios
2011-04-28, 09:37 PM
I've been calling the Hub rules I'm writing out the Basic 0.5 rules. I have now decided these will be the full rules, and will be known as 1.0. I will be making a Quick-Start Comic with very basic rules that will be known as 0.5.

Maxios
2011-04-29, 01:56 PM
Fighter
Hit Dice: d10
Attack Bonuses: +1 MAB, +1 RAB
Defense Bonuses: +1 Constitution
Class Skills: Lore (Tactics), Craft (Armor), Craft (Weapons),
Talents: Weapons (All), Armor (All)
Skill Points per Level: (SMA divided by 4) x 2
Class Powers: Fighters get critical hits on a 19 or a 20. When you first take a level in Fighter, choose one specific weapon. You do +1 damage with this weapon.

Some weapons:
Dagger: 1d6 damage, Melee Weapon, One Handed, does triple damage on a Critical Hit instead of the normal double. $20, 3 Pounds
Sai: 1d6 damage, Melee Weapon, One-Handed, two Sai can be wielded without the normal dual-wielding penalty. $25, 3 Pounds
Greataxe: 1d8 Damage, Melee Weapon, Two-Handed. $40, 9 Pounds
Blowgun: Ammo: Darts, Range 80 Ft, Two-Handed, $20, 5 Pounds

Maxios
2011-05-04, 02:54 PM
The Hub now has a slogan (technically, three slogans)! Bad slogans, I might add
The everything RPG!
Where Cavemen and Cthulu quest together!
Welcome to the Hub! You're just in time for the Ninja vs Dwarfen Jedi battle!

Gamerlord
2011-05-04, 03:25 PM
The Hub now has a slogan (technically, three slogans)! Bad slogans, I might add
The everything RPG!
Where Cavemen and Cthulu quest together!
Welcome to the Hub! You're just in time for the Ninja vs Dwarfen Jedi battle!

I have an idea for another one:
Yes, that was a fire-breathing ninja wielding Excalibur fighting a superhero juggling chainsaws you just saw.

Maxios
2011-05-04, 03:27 PM
I have an idea for another one:
Yes, that was a fire-breathing ninja wielding Excalibur fighting a superhero juggling chainsaws you just saw.

Heh. That's definently better then my slogans :smallcool:

Maxios
2011-05-05, 05:32 PM
I recently played the demo for Portal, and as such....I am statting out a:

Portal Gun
Cost: $5000
Weight: Eight Pounds
Range: 1000 Feet (From what I've heard, it really has an unlimited range, but I decided to limit it)
Two-Handed

When fired, a Portal Gun can make a Blue or an Orange Portal (shooter's choice). These Portals are connected (going through one has you go through the other)
You can oly have one Blue Portal active at once, and one Orange Portal.
When firing the Portal Gun, make a ranged attack to determine that you hit the right place. The HM sets the DC for this.

Maxios
2011-05-14, 04:06 PM
I'm currently working on The Hub Quickstart Rules. I'll have them done by Free RPG Day, on which I'll upload them onto some site as a PDF.
Here are some of the differences of the differences between the Quickstart (0.5) rules and the Main Rules (1.0):
The Level Cap is Six in the Quickstart rules, while in the Main Rules, the Level Cap is over 50.
The Character Class Creating System (The CCCS) is not included in the Quickstart rules.
There isn't as many classes in the Quickstart rules as there is in the Main Rules.
Not as much information is given on the Hub as it is in the Main Rules.
There isn't as many Talents and Spells in the Quickstart Rules then there are in the Main Rules.

0.5 will occasionally get PDF Supplements. Some of these supplements will eventually be converted to the 1.0 Rules, and may end up being published (At least, the ones not including Copy-Righted Content). Some of my ideas for these supplements include:
Halfway There: Stats out Gordon Freeman, Chell, the Portal-Gun, Alyx, and much, much more. All of my knowledge of Portal 1 & 2 and Half-Life 1 & 2 comes from a wikia, however, so expect occasional mistakes.
Men of Power: Includes information on Power Armor, creating it, their users, and the Power Armor Soldiers.
The Family Buisness: Information on buying land and starting a buisness. After all, every adventurer NEEDs their own personal cafe chain.
Minatures: Just what every hard-core gamer needs...paper minatures for The Hub!

Maxios
2011-05-25, 05:44 PM
Adventure Alert!

The Ruined City
The large city known as Kingsville aka "The City of Gold", a mining town turned metropolis, has been devestated by a large earthquake. The bridges leading out of the city have been destroyed, and people are stuck inside the city. To make matters worse, several gangs have risen, and each has taken control of a part of the city.
And then, an agent from a mysterious agency makes a deal with you. Defeat the gangs, and they'll help you escape from the city.

Edition: 0.5, will later be converted to 1.0
Targeted Levels: 1-5
Additional Info: Large adventure, make take several sessions to complete, characters must be Mutants

Maxios
2011-06-09, 10:21 PM
((Really sort to post five times in a row, but this is too important to edit in))
I have two announcements:
One, the Quickstart rules may not come out on Free RPG Day, but they will be releashed before the end of the month.
Two, the Quickstart rules revolve around the players creating characters of the Mutant Class, in the Ruined City adventure.

Maxios
2011-06-18, 05:02 PM
I've got the rules for combat done, and I've tested them out. I have to admit, they're pretty awesome. The Quickstart Rules are about 65% done now :smallcool: