PDA

View Full Version : Reserve Feats

Milo v3
2011-03-24, 01:45 AM
I love reserve feats but noticed that their are none on this site.
They are extremely rare I guess (Probably because DM's ban them).

So any Homebrew Reserve Feats

DEMON
2011-03-24, 03:35 AM
Hi there.
There is an old thread related to designing reserve feats here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149358).

Also, below is a bunch of reserve feats I have designed. They might be on the weak side though, I havenīt got time to get them "PEACHed" yet.

Shadowy Bite
Your mastery of shadow spells allows you to create quasi-real effects.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 3rd-level Illusion (shadow) spells.
Benefit: As long as you have a shadow spell of 3rd level or higher available to cast, you can create effect similar to either Acidic Splatter, Fiery Burst, Storm Bolt, or Winterīs Blast. Treat the level of your highest-level shadow spell you have available to cast as your highest-level spell relevant for the particular reserve feat you are simulating for determining all variables. However, all the effects created by Shadowy Bite are only 10% real and all targets succeeding a Will saving throw only take 10% of damage. If the simulated effect allows a saving throw, this saving throw applies to Shadowy Bite as well.
As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting shadow spells.

Unnerving Touch
Your touch briefly wreaks havoc in the mind of your target.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 4th-level compulsion spells.
Benefit: As long as you have a compulsion spell of 4th level or higher available to cast, any creature you hit with a melee touch attack becomes confused for 1 round. If the subject succeeds on a Will saving throw he is under the effect of rage (as the Barbarian class feature described in PHB) for 1 round instead. This is an enchantment (compulsion) mind-affectign effect.
As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting compulsion spells.

Frightful Phantasm
Your mastery of phantasms allows you to instill frightful images in your enemies minds.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 4th-level phantasm spells.
Benefit: As long as you have a phantasm spell of 4th level or higher available to cast, you can instill a phantasmal image in the mind of a creature within 30 feet. If the subject fails a Will saving throw, he becomes shaken for a number of rounds equal to the level of the highest-level phantasm spell you have available to cast. The subject can reduce this duration to 1 round with a successful Will save. If you use this ability on an already shaken creature, it becomes frightened instead. You can not cause a state of fear worse than frightened with this ability. This is a fear, mind-affectign effect.
As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting phantasm spells.

Strenght Syphon
Your mastery of necromancy allows you to sap vitality from your enemies.
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 4th-level necromancy spells.
Benefit: As long as you have a necromancy spell of 4th level or higher available to cast, any living creature you hit with a melee touch attack becomes exhausted for 1 round. If the subject succeeds on a Fortitude saving throw, it is instead fatigued for 1 round.
As a secondary benefit, you gain a +1 competence bonus to your caster level when casting necromancy spells.

Milo v3
2011-03-24, 04:03 AM
I like them and thanks for the link.
I like your reserve feats. They aren't underpowered their more balanced then Wotc reserve feats in my oppinion.

I do think that Strength Syphon's power should be dependent of the level of the highest necromancy spell ready.

DEMON
2011-03-24, 07:54 AM
I do think that Strength Syphon's power should be dependent of the level of the highest necromancy spell ready.

Actually, that feat is a very close rip-off of Drowning Glance. Just not limited to once per day per target but requiring a melee touch attack.
Though I had also considered changing it to resemble Sickening Grasp instead (i.e. target Fatigued for highest-level-of-necromancy-spells-available rounds on a failed save and 1 round on successful save) or going for a completely different, but sensible effect (like -2 on STR-, CON- and DEX-based checks for highest-level-of-necromancy-spells-available rounds on a failed save and 1 round on successful save).

Kobold-Bard
2011-03-24, 08:26 AM
No Feats, but arguskos did make the Reserve Mage PrC (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147086), which is very cool.