PDA

View Full Version : musical warrior

hivedragon
2011-03-25, 03:29 PM
what should I take to be a front-line fighter with bardic music abilities

Siosilvar
2011-03-25, 03:39 PM
More specific, please.

Are you looking for the standard Dragonfire Inspiration/Snowflake Wardance build? Do you want levels of Bard?

hivedragon
2011-03-25, 03:46 PM
More specific, please.

Are you looking for the standard Dragonfire Inspiration/Snowflake Wardance build? Do you want levels of Bard?

Anything that fits the prereqs of frontline a warrior with music abilities is aloud.
I do realize there is more than one way to skin a cat and I'm looking for the best way.
but please site your sources/page #

Ernir
2011-03-25, 03:46 PM
What books/sources do you have available?
What optimization level do you generally play at (if you don't know what this is, that should tell us enough)?
What houserules are in play?

hivedragon
2011-03-25, 03:53 PM
What books/sources do you have available?

I eventually plan to buy all of them, but always site your sources

What optimization level do you generally play at (if you don't know what this is, that should tell us enough)?

I'd probably go for fun to play as primary and optimization as a close second.

What houserules are in play?

assume none, this is not so much an immediate thing just something I want to eventually try out.

Animefunkmaster
2011-03-25, 04:25 PM
Bard 4/Crusader 16 is a good place to start.

Only feat required is song of the white raven (ToB and Core). Tack on spiked chain triping/Thicket of blades style control (bonus points for fun being large with knockback) or your favorite method of dragonfire inspiration and you should be set.

Keld Denar
2011-03-25, 04:41 PM
Bard4/Warblade16 is also fun. You can get some mileage out of TWFing with Tiger Claw manevuers and Dragonfire Inspiration as your source of bonus damage to make the attacks hit hard. Bard4/Crusader actually benefits a 2handed power attack style with regular IC, rather than DFI, since Crusaders have a higher emphasis on single attack strikes.

only1doug
2011-03-25, 05:05 PM
I eventually plan to buy all of them, but always site your sources

Bard 4/Crusader 16 is a good place to start.

Only feat required is song of the white raven (ToB and Core). Tack on spiked chain triping/Thicket of blades style control (bonus points for fun being large with knockback) or your favorite method of dragonfire inspiration and you should be set.

Bard4/Warblade16 is also fun. You can get some mileage out of TWFing with Tiger Claw manevuers and Dragonfire Inspiration as your source of bonus damage to make the attacks hit hard. Bard4/Crusader actually benefits a 2handed power attack style with regular IC, rather than DFI, since Crusaders have a higher emphasis on single attack strikes.

Bard - Core
Crusader - ToB*
Warblade - ToB*

Maneuvers - ToB*
Dragon Fire Inspiration (DFI) - DrM**

*ToB = Tome of Blades: book of the 9 swords
**DrM = Dragon Magic

gorfnab
2011-03-26, 01:35 AM
Bard 6/ Warblade or Crusader (ToB) 2/ Jade Phoenix Mage (ToB) 2/ Sublime Chord (CA) 2/ Jade Phoenix Mage 8

Bard 8/ Paladin of Freedom (UA) 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Abjurant Champion (CM) 5/ Sacred Exorcist (CD) 3

Bard 1/ Paladin X - Feats: Devoted Performer (CAdv) and Initiate of Milil (CoV)

Bard 8 / Arcane Archer (DMG) 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Ruathar (RotW) 3