PDA

View Full Version : Anime request

Deathdarken
2011-03-27, 03:14 PM
hello again everyone Ive got a request for 4.0 designers out there who want a challenge, Ive been reading the manga D. Gray-man and I was wanting a class system for this series. Id also like to see one for gantz. So who is up for the challenge?

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-03-27, 03:19 PM
hello again everyone Ive got a request for 4.0 designers out there who want a challenge, Ive been reading the manga D. Gray-man and I was wanting a class system for this series. Id also like to see one for gantz. So who is up for the challenge?

...it seems like you're asking someone to homebrew up a half-dozen or more 4e classes based on a series that they might not be at all familiar with. To be perfectly honest, this seems like a lot more work than any homebrewer I've come across would do unless its something that A: they had a lot of help with, and B: they were 100% interested in. Especially since 4e homebrew is less common than 3.5 homebrew on these forums.

Best of luck finding someone, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Your best bet may be to do it yourself.

Deathdarken
2011-03-27, 03:21 PM
well id be happy to help with what i can. Ive watched gantz and am reading D. gray-man so i could give some ideas

Sacrieur
2011-03-27, 04:21 PM
D. Gray-man class system for 4e? First off, I'm not even it would work well with 4e. Second, we can make a class system similar to the characters to D. Gray-man, but I don't see why you can't just dig through the homebrew stuff to find what you need. There's tons of good classes for 3.5e that do model some of the stuff you see in D. Gray-man, but I haven't seen anything for 4e.

Gantz is even worse, since from what I've read, they use advanced alien weaponry? That's some serious modifying, and you'll just end up giving yourself a headache trying to make rules for it all. Any homebrewer that would take this job is clearly on drugs or a masochist. It doesn't even fit AT ALL in any D&D setting, and all of the D&D rules must be changed. If you want to play a gantz-like character the closest you'll get is probably an arcane archer with a repeating crossbow.

As mentioned above, I would just do it yourself. Homebrew isn't necessarily hard, and there are resources to help you in the stickies.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-03-27, 04:32 PM
As mentioned above, I would just do it yourself. Homebrew isn't necessarily hard, and there are resources to help you in the stickies.

Few resources for 4e, actually. Not sure why.

Deathdarken
2011-03-27, 08:36 PM
D. Gray-man class system for 4e? First off, I'm not even it would work well with 4e. Second, we can make a class system similar to the characters to D. Gray-man, but I don't see why you can't just dig through the homebrew stuff to find what you need. There's tons of good classes for 3.5e that do model some of the stuff you see in D. Gray-man, but I haven't seen anything for 4e.

Gantz is even worse, since from what I've read, they use advanced alien weaponry? That's some serious modifying, and you'll just end up giving yourself a headache trying to make rules for it all. Any homebrewer that would take this job is clearly on drugs or a masochist. It doesn't even fit AT ALL in any D&D setting, and all of the D&D rules must be changed. If you want to play a gantz-like character the closest you'll get is probably an arcane archer with a repeating crossbow.

mmm do you really think it will be that hard? I guess i would have to use another system for these

Sacrieur
2011-03-27, 09:00 PM
mmm do you really think it will be that hard? I guess i would have to use another system for these

For 4e? Yes. For 3.5e it isn't as hard, but still challenging.

D. Gray-man could be done in 3.5e entirely, but it wouldn't be easy. You would have to make rules and design two classes: one for equipment type and one for parasitic type.

Both anime are better suited for a Mutants & Masterminds type of deal.

Ziegander
2011-03-27, 10:30 PM

I don't think it would be that hard at all. It just requires some imagination. I homebrewed basic rules for Soul Binding in 4e years back. Coming up with rules for advanced alien technology shouldn't be all that difficult. Speaking of which...

WotC has begun to branch 4e out into science fiction with their Gamma World line of products. It's only a matter of time before they go Future Sight on us. As a matter of fact, look into Gamma World 4e. It might be very helpful to you.

Anyway, a lot of advance tech could be handled as rituals, and the more personal stuff is just equipment, the most powerful of which you would just use the same rules as magic equipment only you wouldn't call it magic anymore. Seems kind of easy, really.

Deathdarken
2011-03-28, 09:41 AM
ive been thinking of some ideas, again this goes back to the 4.0 bleach stuff i was working on instead of having set powers for each class you use a basic set up of here are stuff a level 1 character could do (this talking about D. Gray man) pick so many and that is the start of the power for the innocent.

increase stats
attack patters
damage die

and as you level up you could end up having your powers change to something completely new(I'm only on manga 17) so I'm not sure what else happens yet)
making stuff like that feats. Ive got rough ideas about a lot of stuff here. I just think Im not the best one for the job.

As for gantz I could see that being a way different and could use another system but IDK. Ive only watch the anime(I hear the manga went way further though) Most of the stuff for gantz would be items and other then that the characters them selves would have no powers or something like that.