PDA

View Full Version : New Lands

The Big Orc
2011-03-27, 10:14 PM
After a long bout with a terrible storm your ship, The Wavebreaker, captained by Captain Lefteye, has crashed on unknown shores. What was supposed to have been a fairly routine voyage from Sharn too the wilds of Xen'Drik has turned into a disaster. You have woken up on a beach and what remains of the ship is being hauled in by the survivors. So are the dead. Out of what was once a 100 man crew with 400 passengers, maybe a fifth have survived. The beach stretches for miles and further inland a forest looms.

chrisrawr
2011-03-27, 10:30 PM
After a long bout with a terrible storm your ship, The Wavebreaker, captained by Captain Lefteye, has crashed on unknown shores. What was supposed to have been a fairly routine voyage from Sharn too the wilds of Xen'Drik has turned into a disaster. You have woken up on a beach and what remains of the ship is being hauled in by the survivors. So are the dead. Out of what was once a 100 man crew with 400 passengers, maybe a fifth have survived. The beach stretches for miles and further inland a forest looms.

"Crap," a frustrated Devan exclaimed, "Crap, crap crap! This is just what I need. Stranded on some gods-forsaken island without so much as a decent pub. What am I going to do for tea? For brunch?!" He storms off along the beach, carrying nothing but the clothes on his back, his hastily donned armour, and a crossbow he'd salvaged from somewhere.

Vladislav
2011-03-27, 10:32 PM
Straightening his entire 3'2" frame, Wilfin looks around, to find no familiar faces. Which is no surprise, as he was a stowaway, hiding the coal room for the entire journey. Swimming ashore, the grime was washed from his face, so he doesn't look any worse, but most certainly no better, than anyone else among the survivors. As he stands on the sandy beach, next to the broken board that he paddled on ashore and that probably saves his life, he doesn't know whether to curse or bless his luck. Existential dilemmas will have to wait however. For now he sets about to look for anything, or anyone, that could be of use.

Ahoy there ... anyone?

RaggedAngel
2011-03-27, 10:34 PM
Thorg breathes the sea air deeply as he gazes out at the wilderness around him. The tall shifter had managed to hang onto his ancestral blade, a large and rudimentary greataxe that hung from his back. He stretched for a moment, flexing his long nails. The action sent a spike of sensation through his arm, and he recalled the feeling the went through him as he shifted into his primal state.

Noting the expanse of nature around him, he smiles. "Heh. Seem's like the sea decided to return us to nature. Looks like my claws may find use very soon." He searches for the closest survivors, and though he is amused by the weakness presented by many of them, he begins to help drag people to shore and to safety. He gazes at the position of the sun in the sky as well, judging the time of day.

Spot: [roll0]
Survival, for the time of day: [roll1]
Swim, if there is anyone nearby in the water: [roll2]
Heal, if needed: [roll3]

Misaat
2011-03-27, 11:34 PM
Salem wakes up looking towards the sky...

"That wasn't supposed to happen..."

He stands up in a rush while slightly shaking the sand off his robes.

"I do not understand. It was supposed to be a calm trip... Nothing like this has ever happened on any of the previous travels this ship had to endure... It seemed like easy money ... I thought i could at least sense if something like this where to happen..."

KreenWarrior
2011-03-27, 11:59 PM
Alystra had been drilling on deck when the storm struck, and never changed out of her armor or weapons. All she can think of is to question whether she did anything to offend the gods? Looking around, she sees other survivors. "Is everyone alright? I mean, is anyone hurt?"

Shrugging out of her armor and laying her sword carefully on the beach, she prepares to go back into the sea if necessary to retrieve any stragglers.

hayabusa
2011-03-28, 10:15 AM
Ielenia regains consciousness on the beach, her fingers feeling the wet sand beneath her before she can even open her eyes. She carefully rises to her feet, hurting and tired from the shipwreck and the frantic escape to shore.

She looks along the beach, seeing a few more of the survivors begin to stir. She begins to head in their general direction.

"Tobin?" she calls out weakly. Those who hear the name recognize it as the other druid on board the ship.

The Big Orc
2011-03-28, 12:37 PM
@Thorg
Other than people running around pulling others and the remains of the ship out of the water you see nothing too speak of
you predict the time to be either 9am or 3pm
there is no one in the water close to were you are but your heal check does allow you too stop the bleeding of a man who had already been pulled ashore

@Alystra
You recognize a man named Drath as a paladin of the order of the silver flame who was sent as leader too this expedition

A sailor who hears Ielenia's call points too a body that had been pulled onto the shore and says "My condolences, he was a good man."

Drath walks over too Alystra, "Come with me, those that are injured have been brought to the far side of the beach. I will need all the help I can get too get most of them walking again."

chrisrawr
2011-03-28, 04:13 PM
After a small while of walking and venting (he lasted for several seconds this time, in fact), Devan Gordon, Artificer Extraordinaire, becomes most assuredly lost in thought. If he could only adjust the heat buffers surrounding the tinder... what if he applied an acid wash to the surfaces first... could a gnome and a dwarf really...

A short while later (almost a minute! Bravo!) Devan Gordon, Artificer Extraordinaire, was most assuredly lost.

hayabusa
2011-03-28, 04:32 PM
"No..." Ielenia whispers as she hears the sailor next to her teacher's body answer her call. She turns away from the scene, not wanting to see it just yet. She turns to see if there's anyone nearby her that is injured. If there is, she begins to bandage the injured being's wounds the best that she can.

Actions: Heal check if needed. [roll0]

The Big Orc
2011-03-28, 08:38 PM
After a few hours of pulling people and supplies out of the water, the captain calls everyone together. "If were gonna survive here, were gonna need ta work tegether. Fer now, I'm in charge. I need people for hunting, scouting, foraging, setting up camp and chopping firewood. One of mah men is gonna come 'round and start assigning tasks."

The six of you were grouped together to scout the nearby region.

chrisrawr
2011-03-28, 08:53 PM
"Well, thank you for finding me." Slightly rattled, Devan settles in with the others. "Do any of you know anything about Wompum matrices?" he asked, to no one in particular, "If I could get those to work, I might be able to gear up a light device. So if someone got lost, they could just send some light up into the air. Maybe a shouter, to go with it..." He rambles on, correcting his course to match the others in his brief lucid moments.

Vladislav
2011-03-28, 09:11 PM
Yes, of course, scouting. To follow your orders would be my duty, cap'n, as a legitimate crewmember of this fine vessel, sir! He remembers the Nellins family motto, To see and not be seen. It sounds, of course, better in Halfling.

Ahoy there, he introduces himself to the others. My name is Wilfin, and I'm here to, uhm, do my duty as a crewmember.

RaggedAngel
2011-03-28, 09:56 PM
Thorg goes with the group, though he remains mostly quiet. He scans the forest, grinning at the signs of nature around him. "This place resounds with my heart, friends. I am sorry that so many were lost, but it seems that nature has smile upon us at last. The wreck has brought us to the last piece of nature in this overcivilized world. Here, I can collect some food." He begins to forage, while keepin an eye out for any signs of trouble. "Tell me, friends. What may I call you? I am Throg. I do not expect anything, but if there is danger I request that you stand behind me."

Survival: [roll0]

Listen: [roll1]

The Big Orc
2011-03-28, 10:09 PM
Thorg succesfully finds enough food to feed the entire group for the day. (the group of 6 not the entire crew)

hayabusa
2011-03-29, 06:49 AM
Ielenia nods at the captain's instructions and heads out to the eastern edge of the island, looking about carefully to see if there's anything interesting or needed for the group.

[roll0] for Spot
[roll1] for Survival

Misaat
2011-03-29, 08:23 AM
" Oh please " Salem thinks " To put someone like me on a scouting mission. Oh well... I'll see if i can make myself userful... "

Salem walks towards the captain and begins talking with him.

" I believe it may be best if we first see if we are the only ones in this island... If you want i can create a spell thatwould make Magic lights appear up in the sky and if someone IS in this island they may come to our aid... Of course that is assuming that whomever we may find here is not ... hostile... "

The Big Orc
2011-03-29, 09:59 AM
"It is a good idea but we do nah know if this island is even inhabited by a peaceful people. So fer now I'm gonna hav' ta say no." replies the captain to Salem's queries.

Misaat
2011-03-29, 02:37 PM
"It is a good idea but we do nah know if this island is even inhabited by a peaceful people. So fer now I'm gonna hav' ta say no." replies the captain to Salem's queries.

"MMmh... that's true... Well how about if a group of us goes into the forest and set up the sign there? Then we can hide and look if someone comes to our aid... We SHOULD be able to tell if they are hostile or not when we look at them..."

chrisrawr
2011-03-29, 02:44 PM
((Knowledge: Poor Cinema check - d20+10 - 30))
"I agree! It's probably full of CANNIBALS! The less they know we're here, the better. I wonder if I could whip up a cream that would make our flesh taste terrible... I'd need some grumpwop sap, and an electro-amplifier..."

RaggedAngel
2011-03-29, 05:09 PM
Thorg coughs loudly, interrupting the outburst of conversation. He looks at the group for a moment. "Or," He says slowly, "We could set up some shelter first. Just a suggestion." He takes a bite of some fruit he found, and lowers the rest of the fruits and nuts on the ground. They're all held in a large leaf, and they look rather delicious. "I did pretty well with my foraging. By my count I have enough to feed all six of us pretty well. Eat, and we can set up camp."

chrisrawr
2011-03-29, 05:19 PM
"No, no, I don't think I can make something that could provide us with shelter. Maybe given a lab, and a week, and a couple of undergraduates, I could whip something up, but I'm afraid I won't be of much use to you for now."

Looking down at the nuts, berries, and assorted foodstuffs, he sighs. His enthusiastic demeanor sloughing off to reveal over-tired eyes. "I don't even have a quill. If I had a quill, and some paper, and my inks, I could rig up a snarl to purify some water, at the least."

He picks up a handfull of mixed nuts, and tosses them into his mouth with abandon. Directing his attention momentarily to Thorg, he adds, "Thanks for the food, at least. This way we'll be full while we die of thirst, or disease. It's the little things that count, you know."

KreenWarrior
2011-03-29, 05:41 PM
Alystra comes up to the group. "I'm afraid I don't know much about surviving in the wilderness, but it might be a good idea to look for someone. I'd be happy to go along with the signaling party."

RaggedAngel
2011-03-29, 05:51 PM
Throg shakes his head. "That does not seem like a good idea. Springs are easy to find, and disease is not an issue if you are hale and eat well. If we draw the wrath of the natives down on us then we will not last long. If there are people living here it is likely they do not speak Common. They may believe that we are invaders, and they would treat us as such."

KreenWarrior
2011-03-29, 06:05 PM
Alystra wilts a bit. "Well, maybe you're right. But we don't have to approach them as invaders. They may not be hostile, if we present ourselves correctly and don't offend them. We need to explore and look around, anyways. They may already know we're here, or there might be other dangers we're unaware of."

RaggedAngel
2011-03-29, 06:12 PM
Thorg thinks for a moment. "Your ideas do have merit, and I understand. I'm just worried about getting you all killed. I can only protect so many of you at a time." He looks out into the woods. "We need to find a port, so that you can all be returned to civilization. You won't last long out here."

hayabusa
2011-03-29, 06:12 PM
"I can purify water pretty easily," Ielenia's soft voice says after one of Devan's outbursts. "But only once today," she says. "And I doubt it could provide enough for everyone." She stands for a while and listens while the others speak of natives.

"Natives that might not even exist..." she tries to remind them.

Misaat
2011-03-29, 07:25 PM
"You need not concern yourself about speaking with them. I've got a spell that can help us understand whatever they may want to tell us. Besides , we do not even know where we truly are. This may not be an island at all and just the shore of a continent! There may even be a city close by... They will come looking for the lights. If we go deep enough and hide after i send them up we can get a good idea about who they are by how they look. Worst case scenario. We'll wait for them to get tired of watching at the lights and sneak back to the camp here... "

Vladislav
2011-03-30, 07:59 AM
Wilfin wanders about for a while, looking lost. His heart doesn't seem to be into foraging, he's looking for something else. Finally, he spots a small shaggy dog by the shoreline, drying itself. Hey, boy, over here! You made it! He introduces the canine to the rest of the party, that's Wasp, my dog. Can't believe he's still alive!

Having wolfed down some berries courtesy of Throg, he turns to Alystra, Wasp and I will gladly scout with you, being experts at stealth and detection. In fact, our stealth is what allowed us to sto... I mean, to become crewmembers on this ship.

hayabusa
2011-03-30, 09:02 AM
Ielenia watches as Wilfin and his dog companion are reunited. "He's a lucky dog," she states, looking around the area. "I'm beginning to fear that my hawk was lost with my teacher." She lets his near slip of the tongue go. It doesn't matter how he and his pet managed to make it onto the ship; they were here now and nothing beyond that mattered at the moment.

She shrugs. "Anyone see anything useful yet?"

The Big Orc
2011-03-30, 09:21 AM
As you get deeper and deeper into the woods, the foliage gets thicker and thicker. All of the sudden, you realize that you are about too step into a large field. A group of 15 orcs are transporting wagons across the field. They do not seem too notice you and continue on in there path.

Survival check(dc 10)
They are headed in a northern direction

hayabusa
2011-03-30, 11:22 AM
"I take it back about no natives..." Ielenia whispers as she views the large group of orcs. She pauses and continues to watch them, wondering what they're carrying and to where.

chrisrawr
2011-03-30, 11:34 AM
"I told you they'd be cannibals. I knew it, I just knew it!" Luckily, Devan knew better than to raise his voice.

Vladislav
2011-03-30, 11:43 AM
Wilfin tells Wasp, Wait here, buddy. I'll be back in no time.

Hiding his diminutive form in the grass, he slowly crawls forward to recon on the orcs and their wagons.

Hide [roll0]
Spot [roll1]
Listen [roll2]

The Big Orc
2011-03-30, 01:10 PM
Wilfin hears the orcs grunting but does not understand the dialect. The wagons are carting quarried stone and dead animals. Some of the orcs glance in your direction but continue on there journey.

Vladislav
2011-03-30, 01:15 PM
Wilfin returns to the group, striving to remain unseen. Seems like they have an industry going on here. Wonder where the quarried stone is coming from, and what's it for. Maybe there's a city to the north.

chrisrawr
2011-03-30, 02:03 PM
Wilfin returns to the group, striving to remain unseen. Seems like they have an industry going on here. Wonder where the quarried stone is coming from, and what's it for. Maybe there's a city to the north.

"That's just what we need," Devan intoned, sarcasm ripe and dripping, "A CITY of cannibals! Hah! Ahahaha..."

KreenWarrior
2011-03-30, 02:26 PM
"There must be some sort of settlement; you don't need cut stone and wagons for cannibals in huts. That means there's probably a LOT of them, though..."

hayabusa
2011-03-30, 03:09 PM
"We can either follow them or go the other way," Ielenia whispers to the others that can hear her. "The first option can be somewhat risky, while the second can lead us to their quarrey."

Vladislav
2011-03-30, 03:11 PM
Yes, I'm sure the captain will appreciate the quarry news. Hey cap, we found place where we can get lots of stones! And he'll be like Yeah, more stones is what we need!

First, I think we need to warn the others about the presence of the orcs, so no one runs into them accidentally.

hayabusa
2011-03-30, 03:27 PM
"Okay," Ielenia says. "That's not as good an idea as I had thought. It's just that if we see how large the excavation is, we'd have a good idea on how advanced their civilization is, without the larger risk of trying to sneak up to their city." She pauses for a second. "Just the fact that they have a quarrey..."

RaggedAngel
2011-03-30, 04:31 PM
Thorg sighs. "This is academic chatter. We should return to the beach to inform the others of the orc's presence. They do not seem crazed or hostile, but the others need to be aware of their presence." He turns and begins to walk back down the way you came. He calls over his shoulder; "We can visit their stonecutting operation after everyone is informed. It isn't going anywhere."

KreenWarrior
2011-03-30, 08:12 PM
"I agree. We should warn the others first off."

Vladislav
2011-03-30, 08:16 PM
Well, since the big guy already went to warn the others, do you guys want to keep exploring?

RaggedAngel
2011-03-30, 09:27 PM
Thorg, about twenty feet away, turns and tilts his head. "I can still hear you, you know. And I ask that you come with me; splitting up is foolish in the wilds."

Vladislav
2011-03-30, 09:31 PM
splitting up is foolish in the wilds.Said the guy who turned around and left without asking anyone...

If you think you can bully us around just because you're big, you're wrong. I won't let anyone bully me, no matter what their size. Now either go, or return to the group and let us finish the discussion. As a group.

chrisrawr
2011-03-30, 09:32 PM
Devan looks at both of them, before walking over as silently as he can (so, not silently at all), and standing with Thorg. "No offense, to any of you, but I still think they'll eat us, and they'll go for Thorg first. He's got more meat on him."

Misaat
2011-03-30, 09:32 PM
"Very well then... We shall retire for now... We should also warn the others back at the shore not to make any fire or something that could catch the native's attention..."

Salem follows quietly.

RaggedAngel
2011-03-30, 09:51 PM
Thorg raises an eyebrow at Wilfrin, confused. "I do not know what I have done to offend you, but I meant no ill will. I am simply concerned about those that we left behind, and every moment that they are alone is a moment in which they could be killed." He looks down at himself, apologetic. "I am large, and I have used my size to frighten enemies before. You are not my enemy, and I do not mean to frighten you. Can we not work together?"

Vladislav
2011-03-30, 10:00 PM
Of course we can. Next time, try not to just turn around and walk away. Less people than you expect might follow.

Wilfin joins the others and heads for the beach to report.

RaggedAngel
2011-03-30, 10:05 PM
Thorg muses on the words as they walk. "Hm. You are wise, little one. I respect that. I promise to give you more of that respect in the future." He waves a hand vaguely at the land around him. "Tell me, while we walk. Why did you all decide to come here? What does this place hold for you?"

KreenWarrior
2011-03-31, 12:09 AM
"I was coming to an outpost the Silver Flame was establishing here. To tell you the truth, I only recently completed my training. This would have been my first real assignment."

hayabusa
2011-03-31, 09:29 AM
Ielenia begins to follow the others as they head back to the makeshift camp where the rest of the shipwreck survivors are waiting for their reports.

"Same here," she says in response to Alystra. "My teacher and I were sent by our grove to study the native fauna of Xen'drik. Apparently it was not meant to be."

Misaat
2011-03-31, 01:12 PM
"Oh in my case its kind of a funny story... You see im a diviner so the captain hired me to look out for any trouble that may come toward us during our travels, you know easy money... Imagine my surprise when we ended up washed ashore in this place! "

He says that while walking behind.

Vladislav
2011-03-31, 01:27 PM
im a diviner so the captain hired me to look out for any trouble that may come toward us during our travels, you know easy money... Imagine my surprise when we ended up washed ashore in this place! "
Haha, didn't see that one coming, eh, pal? Divination fell short? Wilfin smiles at the Wizard. As for me, I wanted to start a new ... uhm, I mean, I'm a crewmember. Sailor third class Nellins, that's me.

Misaat
2011-03-31, 01:41 PM
Haha, didn't see that one coming, eh, pal? Divination fell short? Wilfin smiles at the Wizard. As for me, I wanted to start a new ... uhm, I mean, I'm a crewmember. Sailor third class Nellins, that's me.

"Not at all... Some destinies are more... Inevitable than others...

The Big Orc
2011-03-31, 06:53 PM
As you reach the beach again, Captain Lefteye jogs over too you. "Well, any news bout tha natives or nearby huntin' sites?"

hayabusa
2011-03-31, 07:49 PM
Ielenia is the first to speak up. "Captain, there are indeed natives on this island," she reports. "In a clearing in the jungle, we spotted a number of orcs transporting quarried stone in wagons. We decided not to follow them, but instead report to you."

Her eyes focus on something behind the captain. She speaks a word in Elven and raises her arm, where a golden-furred hawk lands in a few seconds. "Where was he?" she asks as she pets the hawk's head. "I thought he was lost in the storm, too."

The Big Orc
2011-03-31, 10:43 PM
"Are any o' ya trained ta track groups o' people through tha wilderness?" when no one answers positively, Captain Lefteye informs you, "Well then I will need tah send one o' my own trackers with yah. Find this quarry, and take it over. Once yah find the quarry, mah tracker will return and I will send a group o' men ta fortify it. We were lucky and retrieved a large amoun' o' swords from tha depths. If yeh find any shields on tha guards in tha quarry I want them gathered for our men."

RaggedAngel
2011-03-31, 11:50 PM
Thorg nods. "Sounds like a plan. Now, I guess I should ask now before we actually get into a fray; what can you all do in a fight?" He looks at some of the smaller and weaker of you carefully. "I guess some of you are casters, which is always nice. I strike things hard and fast, and I can call on my blood to get a bit stronger." He looks into the forest. "I hope it doesn't come to that, though; I always get a bit, er, aggressive when I have to shift. I'm still in control," he taps his head, "but I feel like an animal. Heck, I grow claws when I shift, so I suppose it's normal to feel a bit primal. So, what are you all good at?"

chrisrawr
2011-03-31, 11:57 PM
Devan quails at the thought of fighting the Orcs. "W-well, if anyone has something they'd like temporarily improved..." he stammers, "I c-could take a look at it. It'll take me a m-minute, though, and it doesn't last all that l-long."

The Big Orc
2011-04-01, 12:06 AM
A man runs over too you. "I'm Captain Lefteyes tracker. And were did you last see the orcs?"

KreenWarrior
2011-04-01, 01:04 AM
Alystra answers the barbarian's question. "I'm a paladin of the Silver Flame. I can find and strike down evil. Are... are we sure we wish to attack the quarry? It doesn't seem like we have enough warriors here to take on what may be a whole city of orcs."

hayabusa
2011-04-01, 07:47 AM
"No offense, captain," Ielenia speaks, "but we don't even know that these natives are hostile. I know that orcs tend to have a bad reputation, but I don't think that we should just go and raid their lands without even knowing if they actually pose a threat to us."

Vladislav
2011-04-01, 09:03 AM
A man runs over too you. "I'm Captain Lefteyes tracker. And were did you last see the orcs?"
A Diviner? A Tracker? No wonder the ship scuttled, they have every profession represented except actual sailors. Anyway, that's okay, man, we have tracking under control. I'm well-versed in the ways of the wilderness, and so is our large friend.

Wilfin doesn't admit it of course, but he's averse to the presence of real crewmembers, lest his ruse will be revealed. He also tends to agree with Ielenia. What's this "beat them up and take their stuff" vibe? How would you like it if someone crashed a ship on your shore and then attacked you unprovoked? Of course he will wait to be a bit further from the captain before he can safely express this sentiment.

ooc
You don't actually need the Track feat to follow tracks when the DC is 10 or less. Given the amount of orcs and wagons that are using this road, I'm pretty sure anyone can track them

The Big Orc
2011-04-01, 10:04 AM
"Well, if yah have a problem wit takin out tha orcs, confirm tha they are nat ok wit us bein' ere first. Than take em out."

RaggedAngel
2011-04-01, 11:15 AM
Tanarean's right; and Thorg's Survival is maxed out, plus he has a decent Wisdom. We should be okay for most things, just not anything on stone or after a rain/snowstorm.

"That sounds fine. I am not concerned about the orcs; at the same time, I see no need to fight them. We should not come to blows if we do not have to." He smiles, hefts his axe, and balances it on his shoulders. "If it does come to blows, I will end it before any of you can get hurt. I promise you will be safe as long as you help me keep you safe. No one needs to die today."

He turns to the tracker. "Allow me to help, if I can. I have some skill in surviving in the wild; it may come in handy when traveling, and I would love to learn your skills if I could."

hayabusa
2011-04-01, 06:10 PM
Ielenia nods her approval. "Believe me," she states as she lets her hawk go. It flies to a nearby tree and rests there, watching its companion. "If the orcs are indeed hostile, I will be fighting with you. Now the question is how to find out save for going up to one and saying 'hey you'."

The Big Orc
2011-04-03, 01:34 PM
You guide the tracker too were you last saw the orcs. He follows the path back that ends up leading too a large cliff. Three orcs guard a ramp down the cliff. The orcs draw their blades and shields, then start heading towards you.

"Well, now that we have found the quarry, I am going to head back too the shipwreck too guide a group of sailors here."

RaggedAngel
2011-04-03, 07:41 PM
Thorg laughs, and he seems genuinely amused. "Yes. You have to return to report back just as the angry orcs approach us. I hope you have a safe journey, tracker." He walks out to the front of the group, looks back at the others for any objection, and calls out to the orcs. "Hail there. We do not mean to fight. We just wish to speak to you. Do you speak this language?"

chrisrawr
2011-04-03, 08:00 PM
Devan begins imbuing Magic Vestment and Shield of Faith upon his chain shirt, just in case. If mighty-thews can just keep the cannibals off of him for oooone minute, he might have a chance to make it out of here alive.

The Big Orc
2011-04-03, 08:15 PM
Orcish
"Blast. Another group of escaped slaves, better bring them in before the master notices they are missing. Kill them if they resist."

The orcs begin running at you screaming swords raised high.

Initiative order (please post 2 rounds at a time too speed it up, orcs are within 20 ft):
Ielenia 22
Thorg 17
Salem 15
Wilfin 7
Alystra 5
Orcs 4
Devan -1

chrisrawr
2011-04-03, 09:15 PM
Devan continues muttering curse-words under his breath, and instilling his armor with magical properties. ((OOC: Since Artificer spellcasting takes forever without action points, this is probably all he'll end up doing throughout the combat.))

hayabusa
2011-04-04, 10:03 AM
Ielenia watches as the orcs rush towards her and back at the tracker whom she believes is fleeing, she shakes her head. "Well, so much for not being hostile..." she states as she pulls a bit of the grass from the ground. She chants in a language none of you have heard before and then tosses the pieces of grass towards the orcs.

It travels past them by about 20 feet, carried by a mystical wind, before landing on the ground. As it lands, the grass, tree roots and other plants erupt from the ground, trying to wrap around the legs of the orc attackers.

Casts Entangle, orcs have to make a DC 15 Reflex save or be entangled.

Seconds later, Ielenia removes her sling from her pack and fires off a bullet at an entrapped orc.

[roll]1d20+3]
[roll0]

hayabusa
2011-04-04, 10:04 AM
[roll0]
Bah...

RaggedAngel
2011-04-04, 10:25 PM
Two rounds at a time? That's rather odd. Why?

Thorg watches the orcs for a moment, calmly. He sighs. "Sorry about this." He looks back at you and smiles, and you can see powerful emotions behind his eyes. He is worried, that you all may be harmed. He is afraid, for the people you have left behind. He is ashamed, for what is about to come.

But he's mostly just angry.

Thorg explodes in a violent and instantaneous transformation.

His body bristles with long, course hair, far more so than a moment before. His face grows a bit longer, like a blend between a hunting cat and a wolf, feral and ferocious. His long nails lengthen into true claws, and he charges forward towards the orcs with a fury that would make the gods quiver.

As he runs, he changes again. His muscles bulge and tighten, and the intense focus of his body seems to double and intensify. He slams into the orcs like a meteor, and his claws begin to send arcs of blood into the air.

He's going all-out. He Shifts and Rages.

Due to Razorclaw elite, he can full-attack with his claws on a charge. He attacks the nearest orcs.

Charge attacks:
Claw1: [roll0]
Claw2: [roll1]

Charge damage:
Claw1: [roll2]
Claw2: [roll3]

Next turn, full attack:

Attacks:
Claw1: [roll4]
Claw2: [roll5]

Damage:
Claw1: [roll6]
Claw2: [roll7]

Misaat
2011-04-05, 01:31 PM
"Damn this is just perfect!"

Salem takes out his crossbow and casts True strike on himself

"The least i could do would be to try and take down the wounded one..."

Then he loads the crossbow and shoots at one of the Orcs that Thorg wounded.

Attack:[roll0]

Damage:[roll1]

Vladislav
2011-04-05, 01:37 PM
Slaves? We are no slaves, and we'll prove it to you.

Wilfin grabs a pair of javelins, and hurls them at whichever orc is still standing.
First round, vs. flat-footed [roll0] dmg [roll1] + [roll2]
Second round [roll3] dmg [roll4]

KreenWarrior
2011-04-05, 05:25 PM
Alystra charges towards the orcs, striking at them with her greatsword.

First round: Attack: [roll0]
Damage if it hits: [roll1]

Second round: Attack: [roll2]
Damage if it hits: [roll3]

KreenWarrior
2011-04-05, 05:27 PM
Bah, screwed it up somehow. Trying again:

1st Round:
Attack: [roll0]
Damage if it hits: [roll1]

2nd Round:
Attack: [roll2]
Damage if it hits: [roll3]

The Big Orc
2011-04-05, 08:44 PM
Round 1:
Two of the orcs are tripped too the ground as the grass rises up and grabs at their ankles. (no tree/bush roots too entangle him)

Thorg charges the one that is still standing and slices through him (dead).

Salem brings out his crossbow and casts true strike.

Wilfin's javelin slices through the air and lands in the stomach of one of the fallen orcs, heavily injuring him.

Alystra's great sword attack cuts the uninjured orc in half.

The orc with the javelin in his stomach attempts too break free of the grass but the grass keeps him succesfully pinned.

Devan imbues his armor with magic vestment.

Round 2:

Thorg claws the helpless orc into little pieces.

Everyone gains 75 experience.

40ft from were the orcs lie dead, the cliff drops off. A ramp goes down along the side for 30ft horizontally, and 20 ft vertically. There are several orcs whipping humans who are quarrying the stone face, chiseling stones or transporting them down the series of ramps. Along the 7 layers, you see over 60 orcs and over two hundred men and women.

RaggedAngel
2011-04-05, 08:59 PM
Thorg, caught up in his Rage and filled with the bestial spirit of his anscestors, never stops running. As soon as all the orcs are dead he heads to the cliff, takes one look, and then turns and looks at the ramp. His fury at their assault bows for a moment as he watches the act of mass slavery. He looks, and as he does all of his hopes for a new, pure land die. This land is exactly the same as the one he left behind.

Thorg decided that he was tired of running away from his troubles.

He begins to sprint with the speed of a striding wolf, hurtling down the ramp towards the nearest orcs. The moment he reaches them, he pounces with the fury of a storm and the strength of a mountain.

Run actions until within charging distance, then a charge + full attack. He's about to take on ever single orc he can reach, and they had better hope their god is on their side. Thorg won't stop Raging for 7 more rounds, and his Shift lasts 8 more.

Pounce Attack on nearest orcs:
Claw 1 Attack: [roll0]
Claw 1 Damage: [roll1]

Claw 2 Attack: [roll2]
Claw 2 Damage: [roll3]

chrisrawr
2011-04-05, 09:55 PM
Devan finishes imbuing his armor, and then, seeing what Thorg is about to do, begins another imbuing. Just in case. ((this is the other one for the action point)) Then, he looks around, sighs, and pulls out his crossbow. He still didn't have bolts for it, but if worse came to worse, he could club an orc with it. Besides, someone out there must have a crossbow - he'd just steal theirs.

"We'd best go back him up. I'd like to die now, while I'm brave and Thorg's riled up, than later at camp when they'll just make slaves of us." he pulled himself out of what would've turned into a very long speech, and then added, mostly to himself, "Cannibal slavers... at least they're not creditors."

Vladislav
2011-04-05, 10:00 PM
Wilfin runs to the edge of the cliff, his tiny figure silhoetted against the sky. Waving his hands and trying his best to be noticed, he screams at the top of this lungs,

Everybody run! The Dragon is coming! The Dragon is coming to kill us all! Ruuuuuun!

Misaat
2011-04-06, 01:50 AM
"Dammit i dont want to die!"

Salem runs to the hill and shoots one of the orc close to Thorg (But not the ones fighting with him) with his crossbow. He does that trying to mantein a maximum distance between him and the orcs 80-70 ft.

Misaat
2011-04-06, 01:52 AM
OFFT: Huu Critical . Rolling damage and confirm

Damage:[roll0]

Attack (Confirm):[roll1]

Damage:[roll2]

hayabusa
2011-04-06, 08:26 AM
Ielenia heads over where the rest of her companions are and loads a bullet into her sling. She targets the nearest orc with it, intent on giving the charging changeling some cover.

[roll0]
[roll1]

The Big Orc
2011-04-17, 09:57 PM
Ielenia's stone clips one of the orcs guarding the end of the ramp in the temple.

Thorg charges down and claws the throats of both of the orcs. (dead and dead)

Salem puts a bolt through the head of one of the orcs preparing to charge Thorg. (dead)

Wilfin screams about a dragon.

An orc pulls a crossbow and fails too hit anyone. The orc guarding the next ramp down charges Thorg and with a huge swing of his greataxe cuts into Thorgs left arm. (5 dmg) A few of the orcs along the rockface look up into the sky.

Devan rambles on about slavers and creditors (LOVE IT).

RaggedAngel
2011-04-18, 03:05 PM
Thorg has been wounded, and that drives him into an even deeper frenzy. He attacks the orc in front of him with a flurried frenzy of claws, ignoring the heavy greataxe hanging on his own back. His nails and forearms are covered in the blood of his downed foes, and his eyes are blank with fury.

Claw attack 1: [roll0]
Claw damage 1: [roll1]

Claw attack 2: [roll2]
Claw damage 2: [roll3]

Vladislav
2011-04-19, 03:00 PM
Citizens of this island that we never heard about! Cast out the chains of that bind you! Your slavers are few and afraid! Overrun them and be free! You can dooooooo iiiiiiiiiiit! We can heeeeeelp!

Wilfin throws a javelin into the quarry, aiming at any orc in range, [roll0], dmg [roll1]

hayabusa
2011-04-20, 01:00 PM
Ielenia takes another bullet out of her pouch and targets the closest orc with her sling. As the orcs close, she removes her scimitar and slices at the one headed towards her.

Rnd 1

[roll0]
[roll1]

Rnd 2

[roll2]
[roll3]

chrisrawr
2011-04-20, 05:57 PM
Devan looks around for crossbow bolts, but otherwise follows Thorg as he tears through the crowd.

If he finds some bolts, He'll fire at an Orc who's got a crossbow. Otherwise, he'll continue screaming incoherently.

((OOC: I just realized that I'd bought crossbow bolts, but I'd placed them in an unusal spot - I listed them in my ammunition and in my gold, but not in my other possessions. This was an oversight on my part, and I much prefer to play him as having misplaced his bolts - and consequently, lacking them now.))
Attack rolls - [roll0], [roll1] Damage Rolls - [roll2][roll3]

Current AC 18 (10, +2 dex, +3 Studded leather, +1 from Armor enhance, +2 from shield of faith)

Misaat
2011-04-21, 08:32 PM
Salem loads another bolt into his crossbow and shoots at the orc that was wounded by the javalin.

"Dammit there is a lot of them!"

Damage:[roll1]