PDA

View Full Version : am i reading this correctly?

Kahlendrrari
2011-03-27, 10:15 PM
If I have a 7th level cleric with the destruction domain, who is also a 5th level paladin, that takes 7 levels in pious templar.......... does that mean I can use: destruction domain power 3/day for +14 damage, smite evil 4/day for +12 damage, and smite (any) 2/day for +7 damage?

as written by WoTC:
Smite (Su): Once per day, a pious templar of 2nd level or higher may make a single melee attack with a +4 attack bonus and a damage bonus equal to her pious templar level (if she hits). The pious templar must declare the smite before making the attack. At 6th level, the pious templar can smite twice per day and at 10th level, three times per day.

If the pious templar has a smite evil or smite ability (for being a paladin or a cleric with the Destruction domain) already, she can use the ability one extra time per day (two extra times at 7th level). The attack bonus does not increase, but the damage bonus is based on the character's combined level (pious templar level plus cleric or paladin level).

Kahlendrrari
2011-03-27, 10:58 PM
a little help please?

Veyr
2011-03-27, 11:04 PM
Yes, I believe you are correct.

Of course, this is really, really little damage for a 19th level character. Smite is just a really bad attack option, second only to Favored Enemy, really.

Gamer Girl
2011-03-27, 11:12 PM
Yes, everything here 'stacks'.

Kahlendrrari
2011-03-27, 11:34 PM
Yes, I believe you are correct.

Of course, this is really, really little damage for a 19th level character. Smite is just a really bad attack option, second only to Favored Enemy, really.

wasn't asking for opinions, just if i had the right of it

Sacrieur
2011-03-27, 11:40 PM
Check out the Sacrifice level 1 Paladin spell in the Complete Divine. It's about more than just hitting you know =P

Fitz10019
2011-03-28, 02:07 AM
wasn't asking for opinions, just if i had the right of it

next time, try this Google search:

[your question] site:http://www.giantitp.com/forums -opinions